PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Boulevard Brewing taps NYC

Nzoner
02-26-2015, 11:13 AM
:toast:

Full article in link.

Boulevard will introduce its beers in New York City on March 2 — Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale, The Sixth Glass, Dark Truth Stout, Long Strange Tripel and The Calling IPA, along with a handful of Limited Release and seasonal Smokestack Series beers. Then it will promote the beers at about 40 events throughout the city from March 3 to 5. (http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/cityscape/article11030921.html)

nychief
02-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Thank god!

saphojunkie
02-26-2015, 11:21 AM
I was complaining about this on facebook, and the owner of a bar near my house in LA chimed in that he's from KC and has Boulevard brought in on tap.

Boo.

Fucking.

Yah.

Bambi
02-26-2015, 11:32 AM
This is awesome news.

BWillie
02-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Don't understand how this is a bad thing?

phisherman
02-26-2015, 11:35 AM
Try the Calling, it's really good. Best pale ale or IPA that Boulevard has ever put out.

stevieray
02-26-2015, 11:38 AM
...they are in 22 states and the goal is all 50.

Nzoner
02-26-2015, 11:51 AM
...they are in 22 states and the goal is all 50.

According to the article once NYC is added it'll be 31 states.

KCUnited
02-26-2015, 11:53 AM
I've heard they want to move their entire Tank 7 production to NY.

phisherman
02-26-2015, 12:11 PM
I've heard they want to move their entire Tank 7 production to NY.

This was passed on to me by a friend that works for the brewery:

There are absolutely no plans in the works to move production of any Boulevard beers to Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, New York. - Jeremy Danner, Ambassador Brewer, Boulevard Brewing Co.

KCUnited
02-26-2015, 12:22 PM

There are absolutely no plans in the works to move production of any Boulevard beers to Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, New York. - Jeremy Danner, Ambassador Brewer, Boulevard Brewing Co.

I believe that. I had heard it from someone that works there as well, but likely not as in the know as Jeremy and it was a while ago.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Overrated beer

KC native
02-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Overrated beer

You should kill yourself.

In58men
02-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Overrated beer

Tank 7 is damn good. I'm hoping I get to try the chocolate one. Somebody here needs to help me out

phisherman
02-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Tank 7 is damn good. I'm hoping I get to try the chocolate one. Somebody here needs to help me out

I've got several bottles of Chocolate Ale here. Can you get any Alpine or Russian River beers?

Pablo
02-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Tank 7 is damn good. I'm hoping I get to try the chocolate one. Somebody here needs to help me outSave your money and just buy more Tank 7 with it.

NewChief
02-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Overrated beer

Srsly?

What are some beers you like?

Donger
02-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Overrated beer

I had a BB Pale Ale in KC a few weeks ago, and once again, I was completely underwhelmed. Just a very bland pale. It made me sad.

phisherman
Srsly?

No joke. I can't wait to hear this response.

Reaper16

I believe that. I had heard it from someone that works there as well, but likely not as in the know as Jeremy and it was a while ago.

Jeremy has confirmed the same thing to me, fwiw. Besides, that doesn't even make sense. Boulevard is close to triple the capacity of Ommegang.

In58men
02-26-2015, 12:33 PM
I've got several bottles of Chocolate Ale here. Can you get any Alpine or Russian River beers?

We just opened up a BevMo I can see what they have. I do wanna try Pliny the Elder too lol. We need to exchange something lol

NewChief
02-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Save your money and just buy more Tank 7 with it.

This.

I actually had the chocolate on tap in Eureka Springs, AR last weekend.

As others always say: I like that it's a chocolate ale instead of the usual chocolate stout. That's kind of cool. That being said, there are tons of other beers that I prefer.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Srsly?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pp9XDH6sYGo/UNtga1ZLvrI/AAAAAAAACTQ/57bO8VshnSU/s640/IMG_0016.jpg

In58men
02-26-2015, 12:34 PM
This.

I actually had the chocolate on tap in Eureka Springs, AR last weekend.

As others always say: I like that it's a chocolate ale instead of the usual chocolate stout. That's kind of cool. That being said, there are tons of other beers that I prefer.

It's just one of those things you have to at least try once. Trust me it'll be hard to beat Tank 7.

Nzoner
02-26-2015, 12:37 PM

Our 54th Street just added it on tap but I cannot get myself to try it,I'll stick with Tank 7.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 12:38 PM
I had a BB Pale Ale in KC a few weeks ago, and once again, I was completely underwhelmed. Just a very bland pale. It made me sad.

If it wasn't from Kansas City nobody would talk about it.

phisherman
02-26-2015, 12:40 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pp9XDH6sYGo/UNtga1ZLvrI/AAAAAAAACTQ/57bO8VshnSU/s640/IMG_0016.jpg

That's kinda funny. Talk about apples and oranges.

Fish
02-26-2015, 12:41 PM

Pale Ale is their discount offering. It's certainly not a good representation of Boulevard's abilities. It's better than Bud Light, but pales in comparison to their actual IPAs and such. Pun intended.

Try the doublewide IPA, or my personal favorite the Pop-up Session IPA.

phisherman
Our 54th Street just added it on tap but I cannot get myself to try it,I'll stick with Tank 7.

We drink a bottle or two per year and usually have it on draft once or twice as well; my wife really enjoys it. I think it kinda tastes like tootsie roll beer.

Reaper16

Dang, Billay. I didn't know you got down like that.

I don't think people in KC talk about Boulevard Pale Ale, even. It's just...there. A solid beer you can find everywhere. No one talks about it because its a 25+ year old recipe. Innovative back in its day but old-guard now.

phisherman
02-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Pale Ale is their discount offering. It's certainly not a good representation of Boulevard's abilities. It's better than Bud Light, but pales in comparison to their actual IPAs and such. Pun intended.

You might want to stock up on Double Wide now, as it's being replaced by The Calling VERY soon.

Pop-Up is a very nice low ABV pale that has a ton of flavor.

Nzoner
02-26-2015, 12:45 PM
We drink a bottle or two per year and usually have it on draft once or twice as well; my wife really enjoys it. I think it kinda tastes like tootsie roll beer.

I'll trust your opinion,tootsie roll is not something I want to taste when enjoying a cold beer.

NewChief
02-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Overrated beer

Are you saying that the Pale is overrated? That Boulevard as a brewery is overrated? What?

Boulevard is certainly not overrated, and your statement that the only reason people love it is that they're from KC is incorrect. It's an extremely well-respected brewery at the national level and the Smokestack series is highly prized. On top of that, their Tank 7 is a fantastic beer by all measures.

That being said, the Chocolate is damned sure overrated (though really, it's just overhyped... as people who actually rate beer aren't "overrating" it.)

Nzoner
02-26-2015, 01:02 PM

:shake:

There are coast to coast reviews of their beers all over youtube.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Are you saying that the Pale is overrated? That Boulevard as a brewery is overrated? What?

Boulevard is certainly not overrated, and your statement that the only reason people love it is that they're from KC is incorrect. It's an extremely well-respected brewery at the national level and the Smokestack series is highly prized. On top of that, their Tank 7 is a fantastic beer by all measures.

That being said, the Chocolate is damned sure overrated (though really, it's just overhyped... as people who actually rate beer aren't "overrating" it.)

I like Tank 7 but the Pale just is boring to me.

noa
02-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Excellent, I've been waiting for this.

Titty Meat
02-26-2015, 01:15 PM

Belgian Beer is Earths nectar!

srvy
02-26-2015, 01:23 PM

I don't think people in KC talk about Boulevard Pale Ale, even. It's just...there. A solid beer you can find everywhere. No one talks about it because its a 25+ year old recipe. Innovative back in its day but old-guard now.

So being an old recipe in beer is a bad thing? Has anyone informed Guinness of this?

Not that I am a fan of BB pale ale or for that matter many of BB offerings.

srvy
02-26-2015, 01:27 PM
I'll trust your opinion,tootsie roll is not something I want to taste when enjoying a cold beer.

You dont have any German in you do ya? Beer and chocolate to a German is like bread with butter.

Nzoner
02-26-2015, 01:38 PM
You dont have any German in you do ya? Beer and chocolate to a German is like bread with butter.

You are correct,I'm 1/2 Irish,1/2 Scottish

Pablo
02-26-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm all about Tank 7 and 80 Acre. 80 Acre is a fantastic beer, usually the Blvd. offering I buy the most often.

Fish
02-26-2015, 01:44 PM
So being an old recipe in beer is a bad thing? Has anyone informed Guinness of this?

Not that I am a fan of BB pale ale or for that matter many of BB offerings.

Guinness sucks. That's well known...

srvy
02-26-2015, 01:46 PM

Says who?

Titty Meat

Have you been to that MoBrew place yet?

Sully
Weird.

I'm no beer connoisseur by any means, but aside from when Irish Ale is available, Blvd Pale Ale is my favorite beer to drink.

Odd to see my favorite (second favorite, really) trashed so hard.

stevieray
02-26-2015, 01:49 PM
According to the article once NYC is added it'll be 31 states.

...doesn't surprise me it's moving along that quickly...granted I heard this awhile back.

stevieray
02-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Have you been to that MoBrew place yet?
do they pour beer into wine glasses?

;)

Pablo
02-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Weird.

I'm no beer connoisseur by any means, but aside from when Irish Ale is available, Blvd Pale Ale is my favorite beer to drink.

Odd to see my favorite (second favorite, really) trashed so hard.There is absolutely nothing wrong with Pale Ale. It's a good beer and I drink it often enough. There are just better Blvd. beers out there IMO.

stevieray
02-26-2015, 02:09 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Pale Ale. It's a good beer and I drink it often enough. There are just better Blvd. beers out there IMO.

yup, still love the Wheat, though others will disagree..Dartgod turned me on to Pale at B5 tailgates back in 2003...never went back to domestic.

phisherman
02-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Plain old Boulevard Pale Ale was what really got me away from adjunct lagers permanently. I rarely drink it anymore, but it still stands out to me, albeit in a different way than it did 10 years ago.

In the era of super hopped up ales in general, Pale Ale still has a nice, strong malt backbone balanced well with hop bitterness. It's a classic interpretation of a classic style. It's not really in your face, and it's not all that "sexy", but it's still a darn good beer.

Pablo
02-26-2015, 02:13 PM
yup, still love the Wheat, though others will disagree..Dartgod turned me on to Pale at B5 tailgates back in 2003...never went back to domestic.I still drink domestics regularly. I'll buy some Bud Light/Busch Light here and there; but for the price point you pay for domestics you can usually get Blvd. products for a couple bucks more a 12 pack.

Reaper16
02-26-2015, 02:15 PM

Absolutely not. But nobody "talks about" Guinness either. It doesn't have hype. Because it's reached classic status. It'll always have its share of dedicated consumers, but there's no "buzz" about the Guinness brand anymore. That's not a bad thing, either.

With the case of a beer like Boulevard Pale Ale, well, it's similarly attained [regional] classic status. But we've made many advances in the brewing of American Pale Ales in the last 8 years. Nobody is really advancing the Irish Dry Stout style (and there isn't a reason to anyway).

Reaper16
02-26-2015, 02:18 PM
In the era of super hopped up ales in general, Pale Ale still has a nice, strong malt backbone balanced well with hop bitterness. It's a classic interpretation of a classic style. It's not really in your face, and it's not all that "sexy", but it's still a darn good beer.

I feel the same way. The strength of that recipe is still evident in its balance. It may not be Zombie Dust or MO, but that's fine. It's versatile, local, and inexpensive.

kysirsoze
02-26-2015, 02:32 PM
I was complaining about this on facebook, and the owner of a bar near my house in LA chimed in that he's from KC and has Boulevard brought in on tap.

Boo.

Fucking.

Yah.

NAME OF BAR PLEASE.

kysirsoze
02-26-2015, 02:38 PM

I agree it's not innovative by today's standards, but I still think it is a fantastic American Pale. Very drinkable and balanced. Not every beer I drink has to knock me off my stool. I would buy it now and then for sure if I could get it in CA. Most of the Smokestack Series is great, but I wish we got some of the standard Boulevard stuff out here.

phisherman
02-26-2015, 03:18 PM
NAME OF BAR PLEASE.

For all you guys in Cali, if you can reliably get Alpine/Russian River/Sante Adarius/Firestone Walker fun stuff, let me know, I can get you most any Boulevard beers for trading.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Back in the day, I put away reservoirs of Bobs 47 and Irish Ale.

stevieray
02-26-2015, 06:12 PM
For all you guys in Cali, if you can reliably get Alpine/Russian River/Sante Adarius/Firestone Walker fun stuff, let me know, I can get you most any Boulevard beers for trading.
...you work for BLVD? or just connected?

phisherman
02-26-2015, 06:42 PM
I have a couple of buddies that are associated with the brewery.

I've tried a few test beers before, but that's about all the special treatment I get. :)

stevieray
02-26-2015, 06:43 PM

I've tried a few test beers before, but that's about all the special treatment I get. :)
Nice!...majority of the people I've encountered have been pretty cool.

phisherman
02-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Nice!...majority of the people I've encountered have been pretty cool.

Absolutely. They're first class folks, for sure, and they put out solid and consistent beers. They take quality control very seriously and they are also honestly interested in what the people that drink their beers have to say.

I'll admit that I was disappointed when I had heard that they sold to a Belgian company, but since the purchase, it seems to me that Boulevard is stretching out and doing a ton of new and interesting things. We get two versions of Love Child this year, along with a bunch of variants on their Imperial Stout. Several new IPAs and also a sour pumpkin beer for the fall months. It's really a great time to be drinking Boulevard beer in Kansas City!

stevieray
02-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Absolutely. They're first class folks, for sure, and they put out solid and consistent beers. They take quality control very seriously and they are also honestly interested in what the people that drink their beers have to say.

I'll admit that I was disappointed when I had heard that they sold to a Belgian company, but since the purchase, it seems to me that Boulevard is stretching out and doing a ton of new and interesting things. We get two versions of Love Child this year, along with a bunch of variants on their Imperial Stout. Several new IPAs and also a sour pumpkin beer for the fall months. It's really a great time to be drinking Boulevard beer in Kansas City!

Way cool!...Ya, I was a little disappointed too..it held up a big mural on the trussel across the street..sealed, primed and then put on the backburner due to the sell..such is life! I painted the logo at their Christmas Store on the Plaza just a few months ago and their new marketing head has really done a great job in broadening the apparel, etc..They are definitely a well run company, who like you said, really do care what people think about the brews...I'm not ashamed to say I'm proud the brewery is in our home town. KC, IMO, is a well kept secret that most just don't understand the rich culture that comes from the city and its people!

TimBone
02-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Boulevard's Saison-Brett is wonderful. Tank 7 is my favorite, though. Chocolate Ale is overrated.

TimBone
02-26-2015, 11:16 PM
It's difficult to find Pliney the Elder even in Cali. Whole Foods in Napa told me they get between 0-2 cases every Monday, and it's sold out within an hour. They don't even bother putting it on the shelf.

When I went to the Russian River Brewery, we were allowed to buy a case per person. They said it's normally a six pack per person, but they had some extra that morning.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-27-2015, 04:21 AM
The only thing I'll say about Boulevard is that when I moved here from Seattle I was very very upset that I was losing my all time favorite beer, Alaskan Amber. Boulevard saved me. The Irish Ale, Nutcracker, and Tank 7 are all amazing.

Dunit35
02-27-2015, 09:10 AM
I haven't had a Tank 7 in a year and a half. Stuff was awesome. Can't get it around here. Does anybody like their Zon beer? Always liked that but I haven't seen it in a couple years.

phisherman
02-27-2015, 09:29 AM
It's difficult to find Pliney the Elder even in Cali. Whole Foods in Napa told me they get between 0-2 cases every Monday, and it's sold out within an hour. They don't even bother putting it on the shelf.

When I went to the Russian River Brewery, we were allowed to buy a case per person. They said it's normally a six pack per person, but they had some extra that morning.

I don't really care much for Pliny the Elder. It's a decent beer when fresh, but really no different than a lot of double and imperial IPAs. Russian River's strength is their wine barrel aged beers. Supplication, Consecration, Sanctification, Temptation, just excellent sours.

NewChief
02-27-2015, 09:35 AM
One of our local breweries just tapped a sour today. I'm headed there after happy hour. Also, speaking of local beers, if you get a chance to grab Ozark Beer Company's APA, it's fantastic.

It's become my daily drinker. Just fantastic.

Nzoner
02-27-2015, 09:48 AM

Could you ask them to tell the powers that be that they need to offer a golf visor at their store,I own a couple of shirts but would love to have a visor.

Pablo
02-27-2015, 09:50 AM
I haven't had a Tank 7 in a year and a half. Stuff was awesome. Can't get it around here. Does anybody like their Zon beer? Always liked that but I haven't seen it in a couple years.I'm pretty sure that's a summer seasonal release. And as far as Blvd. beers go, it's way down there. I haven't bought in a long, long time.

phisherman
02-27-2015, 11:08 AM
I think Zon's a great summer beer. Very crushable.

Apparently someone likes it because it won a Bronze medal at GABF last year.

Dunit35
02-27-2015, 11:22 AM
I think Zon's a great summer beer. Very crushable.

Apparently someone likes it because it won a Bronze medal at GABF last year.

My wife bought me some from Wichita a couple years ago. We immediately went back up and bought the rest they had. Haven't seen one since.

phisherman
02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Comes out in June and is gone by the end of July typically.

Dunit35
02-27-2015, 11:51 AM
I picked it up in late fall. So, nobody must have liked it. Bought several six packs.

TimBone
02-27-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't really care much for Pliny the Elder. It's a decent beer when fresh, but really no different than a lot of double and imperial IPAs. Russian River's strength is their wine barrel aged beers. Supplication, Consecration, Sanctification, Temptation, just excellent sours.
I completely disagree about Pliny. Ibdon't really care for sour beers, but I can understand how folks would like the ones from Russian River.

phisherman
02-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Let me rephrase, perhaps I was a bit careless in my wording. Pliny is a good beer. It's got a cult following that it just silly at times. When craft beer wasn't such a crowded business, it did really stand out. But as craft has grown, other brewers are putting out beers that are just as good or better.

If you enjoy Pliny, I would encourage you to seek out something like Zombie Dust by 3 Floyds, or Heady Topper by the Alchemist. When considering California beers specifically, I'm also a big fan of FW Union Jack and any of Alpine's offerings, Duet and Nelson being my particular favorites.

TimBone
02-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Let me rephrase, perhaps I was a bit careless in my wording. Pliny is a good beer. It's got a cult following that it just silly at times. When craft beer wasn't such a crowded business, it did really stand out. But as craft has grown, other brewers are putting out beers that are just as good or better.

If you enjoy Pliny, I would encourage you to seek out something like Zombie Dust by 3 Floyds, or Heady Topper by the Alchemist. When considering California beers specifically, I'm also a big fan of FW Union Jack and any of Alpine's offerings, Duet and Nelson being my particular favorites.
I reeeeeallly want to get my hands on some Zombie Dust. I hear it is wonderful.

phisherman
02-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Zombie Dust is very tasty. I'm also a big fan of Alpha King by 3 Floyds, a super balanced American Pale Ale. Keep your eyes open for PseudoSue or Golden Nugget by Toppling Goliath too, their beers are causing quite a stir in the craft beer community. They are currently having some growing pains as a business though and I hope it doesn't cause them to fade off.

Reaper16
02-27-2015, 02:08 PM
I still prefer Pliny to Heady Topper. Also, I can get Pliny on-tap pretty much whenever I feel like it. Mwahahaha.

phisherman
02-27-2015, 03:32 PM
I prefer the citrus character of Heady to the super-dank piney character of fresh Pliny.

I'll give Pliny one thing, it sure looks a heck of a lot better in a glass than Heady does.

Fish
02-27-2015, 03:47 PM
I've come to learn that I really like "Piney" beers. Not sure why..

phisherman
02-27-2015, 04:29 PM
I've come to learn that I really like "Piney" beers. Not sure why..

You'll have quite the beer boner then when you try The Calling, Boulevard's new replacement for Double Wide.

Fish
02-27-2015, 04:34 PM
You'll have quite the beer boner then when you try The Calling, Boulevard's new replacement for Double Wide.

Giggity... is it in stores yet?

I've got a poker game tonight, I might just have to swing by Gomers and grab some if so. You're welcome to join if you don't have anything going. It's at Sweet Will's place. $10 tourney. Would be good to BS with you..

phisherman
02-27-2015, 05:02 PM
The Calling hits stores on March 3rd. It's already out in kegs.

Donger
03-04-2015, 04:40 PM

I'm in Omaha this week and picked up a six of the Single-Wide IPA. I'm not a huge fan of IPAs any more, but it is really, really good. Thanks for the recommendation (even though I got single-wide).

phisherman
03-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Oh well, it's better that you liked the Single Wide anyway. The Double Wide is being discontinued in favor of a different imperial IPA, The Calling. Just picked up a 4 pack of it today and it's delicious.

stevieray
03-04-2015, 04:48 PM
The Calling hits stores on March 3rd. It's already out in kegs.

Ale House is doing a tasting party Friday.

J Diddy
03-04-2015, 04:49 PM
I can't get that shit in Joplin. Why the fuck does NYC get it?

Fish
03-04-2015, 05:49 PM
The Calling is incredible.

Marcellus
03-04-2015, 06:09 PM
I can't get that shit in Joplin. Why the **** does NYC get it?

Sure you can. Not necessarily on tap but Boulevard is everywhere.

You ever go to Instant Karma or Blackthorne?

phisherman
03-04-2015, 09:32 PM
The Calling is incredible.

I'm glad you like it, man. It's quite different than Double Wide!

Trying to organize a big disc golfer Boulevard tour around the Wide Open this year, Fish. I'll keep you posted.

Dunit35
03-05-2015, 02:20 PM
A coworker told me a local liquor store carried Tank 7. I scored some but at $14/4pk. What's the price on these?

They also had some sixth glass whatever it's called. Is that any good?

Pablo
03-05-2015, 02:24 PM
A coworker told me a local liquor store carried Tank 7. I scored some but at $14/4pk. What's the price on these?

They also had some quadruple wide or whatever it's called. Is that any good?You can get a 4-pack around these parts from $9 to $11 on the regular I'd say. The cheapest place being Wal-Mart of course.

Dunit35
03-05-2015, 02:28 PM
You can get a 4-pack around these parts from $9 to $11 on the regular I'd say. The cheapest place being Wal-Mart of course.

I'm guessing $14 is probably about right for our liquor stores. Oklahoma is awesome and doesn't allow cold beer in liquor stores. So, prices are always high. My father has to bring me Fat Tire when he visits from KS.

Fish
03-05-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm glad you like it, man. It's quite different than Double Wide!

Trying to organize a big disc golfer Boulevard tour around the Wide Open this year, Fish. I'll keep you posted.

Yeah, this beer is a new favorite for sure. They definitely did it right. Better than the Doublewide for sure.

I'd certainly be up for a disc golf group tour. I haven't been to Boulevard since the initial release party for Bob's 47. I'd hate to think how long ago that was.

Reaper16
03-05-2015, 09:28 PM

They also had some sixth glass whatever it's called. Is that any good?

The Sixth Glass is a traditional Belgian quadrupel. Think: dark fruits, sticky buns, brown sugar, sherry. But also pretty dry & drinkable at the same time. I think it's one of, if not THE, best quadrupel style ales brewed in the U.S.

Dunit35
04-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Has anybody seen the boulevard zon yet? Website shows it released this month.

phisherman
04-24-2015, 01:48 PM
It's out now. Don't know whether it's made its way to Oklahoma yet or not. Ask your local store owner.

NewChief
04-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Really excited for this:

http://ozarkbeerco.tumblr.com/post/117202873910/ozark-table-series-3-the-new-zealand-farmhouse

Ozark Table Series #3: The New Zealand Farmhouse Ale
With Spring firmly planted in the Ozarks, Ozark Beer Company is pleased to tell you about our newest release in the Ozark Table Series. The New Zealand Farmhouse ale is the first collaboration between new brewer Jesse Gagnon and Brewmaster Andy Coates.

At 4.2% ABV, the New Zealand Farmhouse Ale is a perfectly smooth table beer. The brew is a traditional Belgian and Northern France style Farmhouse ale. With a Belgian yeast and Pilsner and Munich malts, our take on this style was the addition of a New Zealand hop called Wakatu.

Wakatu is the name of the region in New Zealand where the hop is grown. It is a tropical, zesty and citrusy hop. The beer was dry-hopped with a late addition of the Wakatu imparting pleasant notes of fruit and tropical flowers. The amount of the hop was determined by trying to keep the Belgian characteristics intact. The result is a fresh malty Farmhouse with the traditional pepper spice from that region’s yeast, and the pleasing addition of floral characteristics ala Wakatu.

It’s on tap and in growlers now in the taproom. Come taste this treat of a beer and taste the combination of hemispheres that come together in a glass of New Zealand Farmhouse. Cheers!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nF9_Ly-NvaU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Going to pick up some tomorrow.

BWillie
04-24-2015, 02:14 PM
So, do they have cans yet? I really want cans. Bottles are a pain in the ass IMO, and everything tastes better out of a can.

Ceej
04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
So, do they have cans yet? I really want cans. Bottles are a pain in the ass IMO, and everything tastes better out of a can.

We took a tour of Boulevard a couple of Fridays ago. They were in production of cans and I believe they were to be released on the 21st or 28th.

And beer tastes soooooooo much better from a bottle. Not even close.

Reaper16
04-24-2015, 02:19 PM
We took a tour of Boulevard a couple of Fridays ago. They were in production of cans and I believe they were to be released on the 21st or 28th.

And beer tastes soooooooo much better from a bottle. Not even close.

Hoppy beers are better out of a can.

Fish
04-24-2015, 02:20 PM

What? Nothing tastes better out of a can. WTF?

Ceej
04-24-2015, 02:21 PM
And Wisconites know if Boulevard is sold in the Green Bay area?

There's a brewery in New Glarus that's supposedly pretty nice. My fiancee says Spotted Cow is one of their more popular craft beers up in that area.

Looking forward to checking that out next month when we move.

Reaper16
04-24-2015, 02:21 PM
I want to teleport to whereever you guys are and set up a blind tasting to prove to you that cans are superior to 12oz. bottles for many styles.

Ceej
04-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Drinking out of a can reminds me of high school.

KCUnited
04-24-2015, 02:25 PM
Heavy Lifting cans have been out for a bit. Love the ease of recycling with cans.

NewChief
04-24-2015, 02:39 PM
I've become something of a can junkie.

Dunit35
04-24-2015, 02:44 PM
It's out now. Don't know whether it's made its way to Oklahoma yet or not. Ask your local store owner.

I did. She said it wasn't on their distributors list for them to be able to purchase.

phisherman
04-24-2015, 02:59 PM
I did. She said it wasn't on their distributors list for them to be able to purchase.

I would say that your retailer has erroneous distro information. Or the distributor is an idiot. Whichever.

KC native
04-24-2015, 03:17 PM
I want to teleport to whereever you guys are and set up a blind tasting to prove to you that cans are superior to 12oz. bottles for many styles.

I want you to teleport to where I am and bring along some of the treasures you more than likely have cellared right now.

But yes, cans are good.

Oskar Blues beers convinced of that long ago.

KC native
04-24-2015, 03:19 PM

It could be held up in a regulator thing.

Every beer that is sold in Texas has to be approved by TABC. They have strict labeling requirements and that will sometimes cause delays with beers coming here. I would imagine Oklahoma has an assbackwards institution that is similar.

Pablo
04-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Bought Pop-Up IPA in the six-pack can fashion. Tasted just fine to me.

Strongside
04-24-2015, 03:22 PM
The cans are the bee's knees.

Love drinking BLVD on the golf course.

Loneiguana
04-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Anyone know if I can buy ginger lemon radler at a store?

Ceej
04-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Bought Pop-Up IPA in the six-pack can fashion. Tasted just fine to me.

Oh, trust me..I still enjoy beer out of a can.

I just like the taste from a bottle more.

KCrockaholic
04-25-2015, 03:49 PM
I've had The Calling and Heavy Lifting a few times lately, and love them both. The Calling is most similar to Tank 7. Heavy Lifting is more hoppy.

RobBlake
04-25-2015, 03:56 PM
is this in cali?

BWillie
04-25-2015, 04:04 PM
What? Nothing tastes better out of a can. WTF?

I just disagree, both beer and soda tend to taste more crisp out of a can to me. Add that to the fact that cans are easier to store, throw away, recycle and use...i just dont get why so many beer is in bottles. Also, beer tends to foam up much easier in bottles

SPchief
04-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Anyone know if I can buy ginger lemon radler at a store?

6 pack Cans are in stores now