PDA

View Full Version : Weather Question for northeast OK/northwest AR residents

ptlyon
02-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Wondering how much snow you have down there.

I can see the forecast and it doesn't look too warm for the next week or so.

Usually go on a golf trip to Rogers next week and then paddlefishing the 1st week in April by Grove. Just wondering what it's like down there. TIA

dj56dt58
02-26-2015, 03:44 PM
In Miami now no snow Rogers should be good the only thing left in sw mo is the bottom of a few snow men

BigMeatballDave
02-26-2015, 03:48 PM
I've picked up loads from Tyson in Rodgers. NW Arkansas is one of the most beautiful areas in the country.

C-Mac
02-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Wondering how much snow you have down there.

I can see the forecast and it doesn't look too warm for the next week or so.

Usually go on a golf trip to Rogers next week and then paddlefishing the 1st week in April by Grove. Just wondering what it's like down there. TIA

No snow here, golfing next week will be hit and miss, 50's at the very beginning and then again at last part of the week.

kchero
02-26-2015, 04:23 PM
I've picked up loads from Tyson in Rodgers. NW Arkansas is one of the most beautiful areas in the country.

Agreed, I had an old friend who went to U of A in fayetteville and I loved visiting that area for the scenery.

saphojunkie
02-26-2015, 04:27 PM
I was so hoping the question was "WHY??!"

ptlyon
02-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Thanks to all the replies

Dayze
02-27-2015, 08:34 AM
my dad grew up and lived in KC his entire life; 4 years ago he decided to move. He had always loved the SW MO / Arkansas area.

He moved to Bella Vista, AR. and absolutely loves it. My wife and I love it too. I would move there in a heartbeat if circumstances played out in a such a way. and having ridden my Harley down there for a big rally in Fayetteville and riding all over....it's stunningly beautiful down there.

Red Beans
02-27-2015, 08:53 AM
Looking for a little more shitty weather this weekend and then an upswing in temps. Fifties by next weekend, and hopefully the beginning of a nice warming trend...

Red Beans
02-27-2015, 08:56 AM
my dad grew up and lived in KC his entire life; 4 years ago he decided to move. He had always loved the SW MO / Arkansas area.

He moved to Bella Vista, AR. and absolutely loves it. My wife and I love it too. I would move there in a heartbeat if circumstances played out in a such a way. and having ridden my Harley down there for a big rally in Fayetteville and riding all over....it's stunningly beautiful down there.

We liked it there too, but we had precious little yard in Bella Vista. No room to garden and all that so the wife and I moved a little farther north into Missouri and got a great older place with about 10 acres and a quarter mile of creek access. We have double the house, 10 times the land, floatable creek access and pay 1/3 of the property taxes and are about 30-40 minutes from Bentonville or Joplin. We are in the sweet spot.

NewChief
02-27-2015, 09:06 AM
We liked it there too, but we had precious little yard in Bella Vista. No room to garden and all that so the wife and I moved a little farther north into Missouri and got a great older place with about 10 acres and a quarter mile of creek access. We have double the house, 10 times the land, floatable creek access and pay 1/3 of the property taxes and are about 30-40 minutes from Bentonville or Joplin. We are in the sweet spot.

It's pretty amazing how things change once you're north of the Bella Vista Supercenter.

We'll be spending a lot more time up that way in the future as my wife is opening a second location for her store in Bentonville. Bentonville has it freaking going on. Great video they just released as part of their town rebranding:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kyd4Tc0EzIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dunerdr
02-27-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm in Pryor and there's no snow but they were calling for snow and freezing rain this weekend.

kchero
02-27-2015, 09:26 AM

I presume McDonald county area then?

NewChief
02-28-2015, 06:52 AM
Just so you know, the storm that's come through has produced and is going to produce much more than originally predicted. We're going to end up with over 3 inches on the ground. Then we have chances for precip all next week with the temperature bouncing up and down.

Not ideal for golf.

Red Beans
02-28-2015, 08:06 AM
I presume McDonald county area then?

We are. While still in the bottom half of the poverty scale for MO, I can say things have improved here quite a bit since I was a kid.

Red Beans
02-28-2015, 08:08 AM
It's pretty amazing how things change once you're north of the Bella Vista Supercenter.

We'll be spending a lot more time up that way in the future as my wife is opening a second location for her store in Bentonville. Bentonville has it freaking going on. Great video they just released as part of their town rebranding:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kyd4Tc0EzIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bentonville has literally blown up in the last 5 or 6 years. It's pretty crazy.

BullJunkandIron
02-28-2015, 08:12 AM
How's the meth? I grew up in Ozark County. MO. It was great 30 years ago. Now the crime is scary.

ptlyon
03-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Just so you know, the storm that's come through has produced and is going to produce much more than originally predicted. We're going to end up with over 3 inches on the ground. Then we have chances for precip all next week with the temperature bouncing up and down.

Not ideal for golf.

Thanks NC. Looking at the forecast you'll get some rains down there and beginning a warmup towards the end of the week.

Unfortunately I think the golf trip has been cancelled and not ppd so all I can hope for is warmer weather and warm the rivers for paddlefishing.

Thanks to all who replied!

For those who don't know and haven't been, as others have said, it is beautiful country and will go further and say the people who live there are great. Been going down there for years on these trips.

Thanks again everyone!