PDA

View Full Version : Football Browns sign McCown

The Franchise
02-27-2015, 06:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cleveland is giving former Buccaneers QB Josh McCown a 3-year deal, per source. Cleveland went after him hard.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/571456229157048321">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2015, 06:16 PM
3 years? Won't he be 100 then?

RealSNR
02-27-2015, 06:17 PM
If I'm a QB as old as McCown, there's no amount of money you could pay me to play for that fucking circus.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Browns be the Browns.

Easy 6
02-27-2015, 06:19 PM
So now they have Hoyer, McCown and Manziel... what a mess that place is.

I'd rather quit and go play for the Iowa Barnstormers if I were Hoyer.

Al Bundy
02-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Tough son of a gun, played behind a bottom 5 of all time offensive line. Played with no offensive coordinator as well.

notorious
02-27-2015, 06:22 PM
ROFL

Poor bastards.

RealSNR
02-27-2015, 06:23 PM

I'd rather quit and go play for the Iowa Barnstormers if I were Hoyer.

Hoyer's a free agent, and with the acquisition of McCown, I think it's pretty fair to say he'll walk.

TribalElder
02-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Maybe they brought in mccown to trim johnny cocaines pubes

Errr uhhhm groom him

Easy 6
02-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Hoyer's a free agent, and with the acquisition of McCown, I think it's pretty fair to say he'll walk.

They should've just committed to Hoyer for a few years IMO, he's no world beater but he's gritty and his teammates seemed to respect him... so now they're letting him walk for some guy thats a cup of coffee away from being ancient, and another guy in rehab.

Almost makes me feel fortunate to have Smith and Murray.

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2015, 06:34 PM

I'd rather quit and go play for the Iowa Barnstormers if I were Hoyer.LOL

Those who live in glass houses...

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2015, 06:42 PM
They should've just committed to Hoyer for a few years IMO, he's no world beater but he's gritty and his teammates seemed to respect him... so now they're letting him walk for some guy thats a cup of coffee away from being ancient, and another guy in rehab.

Almost makes me feel fortunate to have Smith and Murray.

Hoyer is a worthless piece of shit. He's worth nothing more than an average backup salary.

Easy 6
02-27-2015, 06:45 PM
LOL

Those who live in glass houses...

Our situation is 100 times better than theirs, IMO

Smith > McCown

Murray > Manziel

Our QB house is more like a good brand of plexiglass... still breakable, but resists rocks much better.

Easy 6
02-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Hoyer is a worthless piece of shit. He's worth nothing more than an average backup salary.

Is McCown really any better? he sure as hell isnt any younger.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Is McCown really any better? he sure as hell isnt any younger.

No, which is precisely the point. Hoyer is completely fungible. Having Brian Hoyer on your team means nothing, because there are 40 other Brian Hoyers out there who can manage a team to five wins a year.

TribalElder
02-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Brian Hoyer is #clevelandmade

Al Bundy
02-27-2015, 07:30 PM
No, which is precisely the point. Hoyer is completely fungible. Having Brian Hoyer on your team means nothing, because there are 40 other Brian Hoyers out there who can manage a team to five wins a year.

Josh McCown ain't one of 'em...

Miles
02-27-2015, 07:45 PM

His name is bigger than it should be because of media thinking he was a nice story early last season when they were winning some close games and record was good at the midpoint. Maybe not completely fungible in the sense that he would make for a pretty nice backup but at the end of the day he was a backup starting last year.

Just Passin' By
02-27-2015, 08:02 PM
His name is bigger than it should be because of media thinking he was a nice story early last season when they were winning some close games and record was good at the midpoint. Maybe not completely fungible in the sense that he would make for a pretty nice backup but at the end of the day he was a backup starting last year.

Hoyer had Cleveland above .500 and in contention at 6-4, until the combination of Gordon's return and the front office's need to see Manziel in the games, disrupted everything.

Iconic
02-27-2015, 08:04 PM
What is it with the Browns and really old QB's man.

Miles
02-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Hoyer had Cleveland above .500 and in contention at 6-4, until the combination of Gordon's return and the front office's need to see Manziel in the games, disrupted everything.

Was going to reply that he just got by with a good running game and defense. However, when looking at his first half season stats they are pretty solid. Though he was legit awful the second half and wonder how much that had to do with being dicked around with Manziel.

Miles
02-27-2015, 08:12 PM
What is it with the Browns and really old QB's man.

They only draft the bad ones and use old man duct tape.

Eleazar
02-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Manziel is going to set that franchise back several years, and probably without ever playing a meaningful role on the team.

Coochie liquor
02-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Tough son of a gun, played behind a bottom 5 of all time offensive line. Played with no offensive coordinator as well.

Bucs were a freaking mess last year. I think Lovie is a bad fit for them, but I've been wrong before. Maybe they take Winston and he becomes the top tier qb he's never had. But defense was pretty bad too.

thabear04
02-27-2015, 10:20 PM
He wanted to try on the new helmet design.

Snapplez
02-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Holy shit they're payin him $5 million a year ahahahaha

Reerun_KC
02-27-2015, 10:35 PM
If I'm a QB as old as McCown, there's no amount of money you could pay me to play for that fucking circus.
But we have Daniels backing up our clown show franchise.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2015, 10:54 PM

They're probably expecting him to mentor Johnny Rehab and Connor Shaw.

Good luck.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2015, 11:00 PM

Jfc you Patriot nut nibbling turd. The guy is trash.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-27-2015, 11:01 PM

You don't even watch the games

tk13
02-27-2015, 11:15 PM
To their credit, the Browns are probably the best team in the NFL at taking the ChiefsPlanet strategy at the QB position. Throw as many arms as you can at the position, and draft 1st round QBs whenever you can.

keg in kc
02-27-2015, 11:25 PM
To their credit, the Browns are probably the best team in the NFL at taking the ChiefsPlanet strategy at the QB position. Throw as many arms as you can at the position, and draft 1st round QBs whenever you can.And they've managed to assemble talent at every level on both sides of the ball. Certainly haven't been held back loading up anywhere else because of the attention at qb.

They just can't get a winning combination put together, for whatever reason.

Just Passin' By
02-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Jfc you Patriot nut nibbling turd. The guy is trash.

My post had nothing to do with the Patriots, dumbass. Gordon returned in week 12. Hoyer's numbers going into week 12:

181 for 325
2542 yards
11 TDs
5 INTs
85.9 QB rating
Browns Record 6-4

That's not setting the world on fire, but that's terrible, by any stretch of the imagination, either. The Browns went 1-5 after Gordon returned.

RealSNR
02-28-2015, 12:07 AM
To their credit, the Browns are probably the best team in the NFL at taking the ChiefsPlanet strategy at the QB position. Throw as many arms as you can at the position, and draft 1st round QBs whenever you can.

Chiefs Planet's strategy is to draft a 1st round QB for once in 31 fucking years.

The Browns have fulfilled that strategy. So has every single other team in the NFL.

Everybody's done this. Except us.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2015, 12:12 AM
Chiefs Planet's strategy is to draft a 1st round QB for once in 31 fucking years.

The Browns have fulfilled that strategy. So has every single other team in the NFL.

Everybody's done this. Except us.

Make that 32...

RunKC
02-28-2015, 12:44 AM
The Browns could have had Teddy Bridgewater and Odell Beckham Jr. Good christ do I feel bad for those fans and that city.

Eureka
02-28-2015, 01:15 AM

Out of the 20 starting QB's for the browns since 2000 Brian Hoyer is the only one with a winning record.

Discuss Thrower
02-28-2015, 02:25 AM
Out of the 20 starting QB's for the browns since 2000 Brian Hoyer is the only one with a winning record.

Better than garbage does not = good...

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2015, 06:43 AM

:facepalm: There is no S at the end of Daniel.

chiefzilla1501
02-28-2015, 07:27 AM
The Browns are in no man's land where they have to start winning games, but they don't really have any other options this year. Bad draft for QBs outside of 1-2. Not a lot out there in free agency.

Thing about the Browns is, they've had a tough team the past few years behind some really, really bad QBs. McCown isn't good but he's a hell of a lot better than Weeden and Hoyer.

Marcellus
02-28-2015, 07:45 AM

WTF does that have to do with McCown signing with Cleveland or what SNR posted?

chiefzilla1501
02-28-2015, 07:53 AM
WTF does that have to do with McCown signing with Cleveland or what SNR posted?

I think the point, which is actually kind of funny because it's true, is that McCown is going to get paid about the same as Chase Daniel

BullJunkandIron
02-28-2015, 08:07 AM
We should have traded them Chase for Johnny. Coke sales go up 40% in the metro.

King_Chief_Fan
02-28-2015, 08:26 AM
To their credit, the Browns are probably the best team in the NFL at taking the ChiefsPlanet strategy at the QB position. Throw as many arms as you can at the position, and draft 1st round QBs whenever you can.:LOL:

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-28-2015, 08:57 AM

The Browns took Trent Richardson with the third overall pick, passing on Tannehill, and then traded back into the first round to take a 28 year old from a single-read offense.

RealSNR
02-28-2015, 11:45 AM
The Browns took Trent Richardson with the third overall pick, passing on Tannehill, and then traded back into the first round to take a 28 year old from a single-read offense.

They even TRADED UP to get Richardson.

The only thing missing from that shit show was giving up as much as the Saints did to draft Ricky Williams

MahiMike
02-28-2015, 12:27 PM
What? I thought he was going to the Bills.

UL Washington
02-28-2015, 06:52 PM
He has a strong Damon Huard vibe.