PDA

View Full Version : Life I'm really interested in Winston Churchill's blood.

Rain Man
02-27-2015, 11:24 PM
I saw on another site that the expected sale price was going to be around $900. Doesn't $900 sound cheap for the blood of a person who saved western civilization?

If that's really the price, I might actually submit a bid.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/25/living/feat-winston-churchill-blood-auction/index.html

(CNN)"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat," Winston Churchill once told the British House of Commons.

A UK auction house is taking the former prime minister's words literally.

Duke's auction house has announced it will auction a vial of Churchill's blood, taken during a hospital stay in 1962, three years before his death.

Churchill had fallen out of bed and fractured a hip, necessitating a multiweek stay at Middlesex Hospital.

The blood was drawn by nursing student Patricia Fitzgibbon, according to the auction house. The sample was never used and the hospital was set to dispose of it when Fitzgibbon asked to keep it.

Before her death, Fitzgibbon gave the vial to a friend, who has decided to sell it.

"This is probably the first time that such a personal piece of Churchill's history has been offered on the open market," Duke's said.

"This year marks the 50th anniversary of Churchill's death -- the blood is a poignant reminder of an injury which marked the beginning of the end for Churchill, and as such we expect there to be great interest in it."

Churchill died in 1965 at age 90. The iconic British leader is best known for his leadership of Britain during World War II.

The blood will go up for auction on March 12 in Dorchester, England, along with a signed declaration from Fitzgibbon attesting to its origins.

Here's the price estimate: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/26/winston-churchills-blood-is-on-the-auction-block/

Timothy Medhurst, an auctioneer and appraiser at the auction house, told the Guardian that the lot has been estimated to sell at up to $900, but thought it “impossible to put an accurate estimate on this unique piece of history.”

keg in kc
02-27-2015, 11:30 PM
'I'll take bizarre thread headers for 600, Alex.'

Hammock Parties
02-27-2015, 11:31 PM
In for cloning Winston Churchill.

listopencil
02-28-2015, 12:46 AM
No, I think it's only worth it if you get the tears and the sweat as well.

listopencil
02-28-2015, 12:47 AM
Can you fight zombies with Stalin's blood? Asking for a friend.

AustinChief
02-28-2015, 01:26 AM

No joke. Seriously let's get to cloning. We have the tech to do it, especially with a full vial to work with.

Business idea! Buy the vial then make a mint selling Churchill embryos to infertile couples!

J Diddy
02-28-2015, 06:12 AM
I want to buy it, do some genetic engineering and then clone a mini-Churchill.

Bufkin
02-28-2015, 07:02 AM
Imagine how much one of his loads would go for?

Eleazar
02-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Can I get an infusion if I buy it?

J Diddy
02-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Imagine how much one of his loads would go for?

I am sure you'd spend a wad.

Kman34
02-28-2015, 08:44 AM

Bring him in for a look at guard....

Trevo_410
02-28-2015, 11:03 AM
does it come with or without aids?

Rausch
02-28-2015, 11:05 AM
His genetics are $#it. He was fat and constantly sick.
He's a fucking BEAST of a man because of his CHARACTER...

Gonzo
02-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Yeah it would be kind of a cool conversation piece at dinner parties and such. The only drawback is that it doesn't do anything.
If it was like that jumping attack-blood from The Thing, that would be much cooler. Maybe it does do that, but only if Nazi's are around?

Gonzo
02-28-2015, 11:28 AM
He's a fucking BEAST of a man because of his CHARACTER...

Hey now... He was very good looking when compared to other Brits.

J Diddy
02-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Hey now... He was very good looking when compared to other Brits.
I bet he beats Donger's ass in the looks department.

Dave Lane
02-28-2015, 11:49 AM
No, I think it's only worth it if you get the tears and the sweat as well.

I'll just stick with the tears...

Rain Man
02-28-2015, 12:44 PM
do we think it needs to be refrigerated, or can I just set it out on display? it won't be nearly as awesome if I have to keep it in my freezer.

Donger
02-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Considering probably half of it is booze, they should discount it.

"You, Mr Churchill, are drunk."

"And you, Lady Astor, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning."

ping2000
02-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't his heirs have claim to it? What gives this vampire bitch the right to take it? What gives the hospital the right to give it away? What other shit did they just hand out to people? "Can I have that unused piss from Prince Charles?"

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Wouldn't his heirs have claim to it? What gives this vampire bitch the right to take it? What gives the hospital the right to give it away? What other shit did they just hand out to people? "Can I have that unused piss from Prince Charles?"

LMAO

Bowser
02-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Can you fight zombies with Stalin's blood? Asking for a friend.

Only if you augment his blood with some of Rasputin's.

Rain Man
03-18-2015, 08:41 PM
I was seriously planning to bid on this, but they pulled it at the family's wishes. That's probably the right thing to do, but I still wish I had it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/phial-of-winston-churchills-blood-withdrawn-from-sale-at-auction-10103315.html

cdcox
03-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Phial? Really England? Phial?

BucEyedPea
03-18-2015, 10:00 PM
I want to buy it, do some genetic engineering and then clone a mini-Churchill.

Are you sure you're not Donger?

Rain Man
03-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Phial? Really England? Phial?

I was a bit curious about that myself. I'd never seen that spelling before.

Chief Pote
03-19-2015, 10:02 AM
He's a ****ing BEAST of a man because of his CHARACTER...

THIS x 100.

Saved western civilization? Not so much, he took an ass beating until he got help.

Talked a good game though.

Rain Man
03-19-2015, 10:35 AM
THIS x 100.

Saved western civilization? Not so much, he took an ass beating until he got help.

Talked a good game though.

You'll never see anyone pay $900 for Neville Chamberlain's blood, and he looked quite natty in a suit.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2015, 10:48 AM
King Edward VIII's dick likely saved Western Civilization.

The guy was a known Nazi sympathizer and encouraged Stanley Baldwin to make peace with Hitler whenever possible. Chamberlain was cut from the same cloth as Baldwin and had Edward not abdicated because evidently Wallace Simpson was a good enough lay to convince you to abdicate the throne of the most powerful country in the world, Chamberlain is never replaced by Churchill, the odds favor Edward siding with Hitler and who the hell knows how things work out?

Thank you Wallace Simpson and your voodoo poonanny.

And yes, I'd totally pay $900 for Churchill's blood.