PDA

View Full Version : Life New Season of VICE - viruses killing cancer

Baby Lee
03-01-2015, 09:23 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e8SvBAjXGyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AIDS killing juvenile leukemia, at a rate of POUNDS of tumor within weeks.

Tears, copious tears.

GloucesterChief
03-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Well, cancer cells are cells and that it what viruses do.

Dave Lane
03-01-2015, 09:44 AM
It's about time those viruses got over all the welfare and the free ride they have been getting. They are just illegals riding in our bodies /BEP

Oh and very cool stuff

Dave Lane
03-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Can I add OMG measles freakout!1!!-1

Don Corlemahomes
03-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Great shit.

And, a message to the handful of anti-vaxxers who post here. If you ask any of the uber smart people who developed this treatment, they would say vaccines are safe and effective because the entire medical community (save a few kooks) is in agreement.

The entire medical community vs a woman who posed for playboy

YOU DECIDE SHEEPLE

Bewbies
03-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Before my brother died (glioblastoma) I was reading a lot about how viruses were the future of cancer treatment. They were injecting a modified polio virus into brain tumors and it was a perfect fit. Just destroyed the incurable.

Wasn't human trial ready in time for our family unfortunately, but in the near future there will be people who live from what is now a death sentence. Really cool stuff!

Don Corlemahomes
03-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Before my brother died (glioblastoma) I was reading a lot about how viruses were the future of cancer treatment. They were injecting a modified polio virus into brain tumors and it was a perfect fit. Just destroyed the incurable.

Wasn't human trial ready in time for our family unfortunately, but in the near future there will be people who live from what is now a death sentence. Really cool stuff!

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine how hard that would be.

Donger
03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a great plot for a movie.

Bewbies
03-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine how hard that would be.

We were lucky, he lived for 6 years after his diagnosis. Most families don't get a year.

He died last April, on my wife's birthday. He didn't get to see his 31st birthday. Tragic...

Gonzo
03-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I've been reading a lot on this... They've found a way to basically deactivate a virus so that it won't spread in the person nor will they become contagious. It's just amazing shit. Not to mention how scientists came up with the idea... "Hmm, this tumor is a bitch. It needs to die in an aids fire. Wait a minute, let's give that fucker a big bucket of aids!"

jwazzie
03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
One of my employees brother is on the show tonight. He is from KC and is fighting hard. My employee said she has seen it already and it is some sad stuff even though she knows what is happening.

Lonewolf Ed
03-01-2015, 01:37 PM
When I received my diagnosis in August and was told that I had, at the very best, 3 years left to live, the doc went on to say that in a year or two they could have something to cure me or extend my life further, and I just thought, "Yeah, yeah, she's just saying that to keep me from jumping off the top of parking garage."

Maybe there is something to this. Cancer is such a horrid affliction. I'd love to see it eradicated.

J Diddy
03-01-2015, 01:59 PM
I want to thank you so much for sharing that. I honestly just bawled my eyes out for about 45 minutes.

Gonzo
03-01-2015, 02:24 PM
When I received my diagnosis in August and was told that I had, at the very best, 3 years left to live, the doc went on to say that in a year or two they could have something to cure me or extend my life further, and I just thought, "Yeah, yeah, she's just saying that to keep me from jumping off the top of parking garage."

Maybe there is something to this. Cancer is such a horrid affliction. I'd love to see it eradicated.

Can't lose hope brother. You're not done around here just yet.
There are breakthroughs every day. Have they talked to you about clinical trials at all?

Lonewolf Ed
03-01-2015, 02:40 PM
They have not mentioned any clinical trials, except very early on to say they were filled or whatever. I'm doing my very best to prove my docs wrong. I'm just not looking forward to surgery this summer. If this crap would just mysteriously go away while I am in Denmark, all the better.

Donger
03-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Wait, this is real?

Saul Good
03-01-2015, 06:22 PM
I've been reading a lot on this... They've found a way to basically deactivate a virus so that it won't spread in the person nor will they become contagious. It's just amazing shit. Not to mention how scientists came up with the idea... "Hmm, this tumor is a bitch. It needs to die in an aids fire. Wait a minute, let's give that fucker a big bucket of aids!"

If the next VICE talks about people being cured by chugging antifreeze, I'm going to buy stock in bald heads and goatees.

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2015, 06:28 PM
(glioblastoma)

I'm familiar with this.

Were they able to remove the tumor at all?

ChiliConCarnage
03-01-2015, 06:55 PM
I just finished watching this on HBO. Amazing.
The older protocol that was delivered by HIV has only been tested against leukemia so far but he said it should be FDA passed and available to the public in 2016.
It has downsides. It makes you REALLY sick as your body begins the war. They read one of the first 4 patients his rites it got so bad and the first little girl went into a coma for 14 days with temperatures of 106+ so it's not exactly a take 2 pills and call me in the morning.
This older treatment just attaches onto the cancer and tells your bodies Tcells to attack

They covered two other newer treatments. One in Dallas where they injected a virus directly into a brain tumor. They were using the cold to pass it on. I think they said it was gone 3 days later.

The Mayo clinic had a therapy that was IV based using the measles virus. Their first phase was one person and it worked and we saw them giving it to two new guys as part of the second phase. This guy said their solution both attacked the cancer itself and also pulled back the disguise that cancer uses to keep our immune system from attacking it.

I was trying to remember exactly what they said about Cancer hiding. Did a google search and found this..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131028134953.htm

Apparently, we just discovered how it hides from the immune system in late 2013 so it makes sense that we're seeing all these new cures that let the body know where cancer is so it can fight it.

BWillie
03-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Great shit.

And, a message to the handful of anti-vaxxers who post here. If you ask any of the uber smart people who developed this treatment, they would say vaccines are safe and effective because the entire medical community (save a few kooks) is in agreement.

YOU DECIDE SHEEPLE

Haha amen.

Gonzo
03-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Great shit.

YOU DECIDE SHEEPLE

Oh I have no doubt that we absolutely need vaccines. Just ask 40% of the worlds population that live in 3rd world countries.

My issue with them is why are we forced to do so many at once?

My son has autism, as most of you know. I absolutely, 100% saw a personality change in him after his vaccinations. He went from a normal, happy six month old boy to one that was suddenly quiet, like focus on odd things like lights or sounds for extended periods of time and showed little interest in the toys he loved to play with just a few days before. Do I think vaccines had anything to do with it? Well, I guess it could be a very strange coincidence. I can guarantee you one thing, I've done a lot more studying on the subject than most people and his story is not uncommon. I'll ask one thing, why are we seeing so many more children afflicted with this since 1990? Another coincidence maybe?

Now that he's getting a little older, he's showing flashes of brilliance and he's always very happy so I'm very hopeful that he might be one of the rare few that can actually adjust and live a normal life unhindered by his condition. Either way I'll know I've done everything I could to make sure he has whatever he needs.

Marco Polo
03-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Fantastic episode; every one needs to watch this

Deberg_1990
03-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Great show!

Strongside
03-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Man. That's pretty incredible.

J Diddy
03-01-2015, 11:17 PM
I just finished watching this on HBO. Amazing.
The older protocol that was delivered by HIV has only been tested against leukemia so far but he said it should be FDA passed and available to the public in 2016.
It has downsides. It makes you REALLY sick as your body begins the war. They read one of the first 4 patients his rites it got so bad and the first little girl went into a coma for 14 days with temperatures of 106+ so it's not exactly a take 2 pills and call me in the morning.
This older treatment just attaches onto the cancer and tells your bodies Tcells to attack

They covered two other newer treatments. One in Dallas where they injected a virus directly into a brain tumor. They were using the cold to pass it on. I think they said it was gone 3 days later.

The Mayo clinic had a therapy that was IV based using the measles virus. Their first phase was one person and it worked and we saw them giving it to two new guys as part of the second phase. This guy said their solution both attacked the cancer itself and also pulled back the disguise that cancer uses to keep our immune system from attacking it.

I was trying to remember exactly what they said about Cancer hiding. Did a google search and found this..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131028134953.htm

Apparently, we just discovered how it hides from the immune system in late 2013 so it makes sense that we're seeing all these new cures that let the body know where cancer is so it can fight it.

You do realize that the youtube attached to the post is the entire episode?

Bewbies
03-02-2015, 05:30 AM
I'm familiar with this.

Were they able to remove the tumor at all?

Nope. Too deep.

Radiation shrunk it, and chemo kept the brain swelling down. When the chemo stopped working he went quickly.

stumppy
03-02-2015, 06:43 AM
One of the many things I've hoped to see in my lifetime is a cure for cancer. It certainly looks like thats going to happen. Hell Yea ! Fuck cancer !

BigMeatballDave
03-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Nope. Too deep.

Radiation shrunk it, and chemo kept the brain swelling down. When the chemo stopped working he went quickly.

:( So sorry to hear this. Sorry for your loss. Fuck cancer.

I was very fortunate. Well, as fortunate as someone can be with GBM. Mine was in the right temporal lobe, almost on the surface.

Bewbies
03-02-2015, 07:10 AM
:( So sorry to hear this. Sorry for your loss. **** cancer.

I was very fortunate. Well, as fortunate as someone can be with GBM. Mine was in the right temporal lobe, almost on the surface.

So you got this and survived? Hell yeah!!

BigMeatballDave
03-02-2015, 08:04 AM
So you got this and survived? Hell yeah!!

Yes. Thanks. I had surgery back in August. It's just MRIs every 2 months from here on out. Unless they want me to participate in any clinical trials.

kepp
03-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Oh I have no doubt that we absolutely need vaccines. Just ask 40% of the worlds population that live in 3rd world countries.

My issue with them is why are we forced to do so many at once?

My son has autism, as most of you know. I absolutely, 100% saw a personality change in him after his vaccinations. He went from a normal, happy six month old boy to one that was suddenly quiet, like focus on odd things like lights or sounds for extended periods of time and showed little interest in the toys he loved to play with just a few days before. Do I think vaccines had anything to do with it? Well, I guess it could be a very strange coincidence. I can guarantee you one thing, I've done a lot more studying on the subject than most people and his story is not uncommon. I'll ask one thing, why are we seeing so many more children afflicted with this since 1990? Another coincidence maybe?

Now that he's getting a little older, he's showing flashes of brilliance and he's always very happy so I'm very hopeful that he might be one of the rare few that can actually adjust and live a normal life unhindered by his condition. Either way I'll know I've done everything I could to make sure he has whatever he needs.

I don't doubt that vaccines affect some people that way. I mean, there are like 7 billion people on the planet and some people are going to react adversely to them. IMO, the research here shouldn't be "do vaccines cause autism/aspergers", it should be "what are the genetic markers that make a person react adversely to a vaccine". Once that is detected, tests can be given before receiving certain vaccines, and alternate vaccines may be developed.

luv
03-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Absolutely loved watching this episode. I cried during some of it. Tears of joy. Cancer seems to affect my dad's side of the family a lot. I've had an aunt and two grandparents die from various types, and several others have had small amounts, been treated, and are in remission. Cancer charities have always been my charities of choice for this reason. Finding a cure would be awesome. If you haven't taken the time to watch the episode in the OP, you really need to.

Gonzo
03-02-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't doubt that vaccines affect some people that way. I mean, there are like 7 billion people on the planet and some people are going to react adversely to them. IMO, the research here shouldn't be "do vaccines cause autism/aspergers", it should be "what are the genetic markers that make a person react adversely to a vaccine". Once that is detected, tests can be given before receiving certain vaccines, and alternate vaccines may be developed.

I absolutely agree here.

tk13
03-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Just watched this on HBO. Pretty wild stuff. Even though some of these people were in dire situations, it still takes some real guts to let a doctor shoot HIV-altered cells into you with no guarantee it's going to work.

PhillyChiefFan
03-05-2015, 04:09 AM
Just watched this on HBO. Pretty wild stuff. Even though some of these people were in dire situations, it still takes some real guts to let a doctor shoot HIV-altered cells into you with no guarantee it's going to work.

Guess when you're at the end of your rope you figure screw it, let's do this.

Being a new father, I teared up when the little girl went into remission. Very touching stuff. Becoming a dad puts a whole new perspective on love. I thank god everyday for a healthy child and pray for her health above my own.

Baby Lee
03-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Vice is going daily on HBO Go.

No word on if this will affect youtube channel.

Baby Lee
03-28-2015, 03:15 PM
Love the news content, but over time I've come to LOATHE Shane Smith's constant cadence. He drops his voice at the end of EVERY FUCKING PHRASE, apparently in an attempt to lend gravity to his prose.

Listen to the first 1:40 [minus the credit sequence].

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Yq-sfWSWLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Every phrase is a clone of the previous.