PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What's Gonna Happen with the Franchise Tag?

Meatloaf
03-01-2015, 12:33 PM
As I understand it, the period for designating a franchise tag ends tomorrow (Mon) afternoon at 3pm. As I also understand it, the Chiefs do not currently have enough cap room to assign a franchise tag to Houston. So, what's gonna happen in the next 24 hours or so? Anyone got a clue?

Or, perhaps I'm incorrect about the timing of such designation and/or our current cap room situation. If so, can anyone please clarify? Thanks.

03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
The Chiefs will use it. Or they won't.

Halfcan
03-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Sounds like someone has been Lax in their duties, there is no way this team should be over the cap with the talent they marched out there last year.

You over pay on an average QB while your Best player Houston is at the door to leave KC for a better contract if we don't Franchise him?

Dorsey has not impressed me at all.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Clubs have to designate their Franchise Players by March 2nd but don't have to comply with the salary cap until March 10.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents on March 7th but the contracts don't go into effect until March 10.

Meatloaf
03-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Clubs have to designate their Franchise Players by March 2nd but don't have to comply with the salary cap until March 10.

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents on March 7th but the contracts don't go into effect until March 10.

Thanks for the clarification, Dane.

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Sounds like someone has been Lax in their duties, there is no way this team should be over the cap with the talent they marched out there last year.

You over pay on an average QB while your Best player Houston is at the door to leave KC for a better contract if we don't Franchise him?

People are so impatient.

I bet you love your pasta crunchy...

:)

Chiefshrink
03-01-2015, 12:55 PM

It appears are "once again" we in a great position to be flexible and get things done:rolleyes:

Dave Lane
03-01-2015, 02:07 PM
People are so impatient.

You are god damned right I do. But I'm Italian. At least al dente

Pasta Little Brioni
03-01-2015, 02:50 PM
People are so impatient.

Halfcan eats it out of the box like cereal