PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Beloved: Your Favorite Chiefs. Round 1, Heat 17. Defensive Backs, Part 3

Rain Man
03-01-2015, 04:46 PM
This is the third of four heats of defensive backs. Who were your favorite guys out there tipping, intercepting, tackling, and making receivers pay for their transgressions across the middle?

Remember - FAVORITE, not necessarily best. The guys you liked the most.

Rain Man
03-01-2015, 04:57 PM
My votes:

#1 - James Hasty. He counts as two cornerbacks because he kept Dale Carter from joining a street gang, I think. Good player who locked down his side of the field while Dale locked down the other. A team with two shutdown corners is a team to be feared.

#2 - Shaunard Harts. He never got to play, but man, I really wanted him to play. He was a tank in the middle of the field who I think had a lot of potential. But he played for Greg Robinson, who didn't believe in playing defense. I tip my hat to you, Mr. Harts.

#3 - Jarrad Page. Talk about a bad career move. He was a ball hawking safety, which is my favorite type of player. It's unfortunate that he didn't stay with the Chiefs.

Honorable mention:

Reggie Tongue. He made some plays. Seemed like a nice guy. Great name for puns.

Travis Daniels. He had a good run with us, and had some good moments.

Rain Man
03-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Hey, Shaunard got another vote! Excellent.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-01-2015, 05:12 PM
I only voted for two this heat. Hasty and Tongue. Couldn't be compelled to check another box.

:shrug:

cdcox
03-01-2015, 06:13 PM
I read Kendrick as Albert. Tragic error.

Bowser
03-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Oh Charles Mincy. If only you had been able to hold on to that potential pick 6 against Buffalo in the AFC Championship game. He played it perfectly - stepped right in front of Pete Metzelaars on a slant and had nothing but an open filed between him and the end zone. What could have been.

Bowser
03-01-2015, 06:15 PM
I read Kendrick as Albert. Tragic error.

http://i.imgur.com/I0tS4pB.gif

oldman
03-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Tongue, Hasty, and The Hammer.

cdcox
03-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Tongue, Hasty, and The Hammer.

Rep for The Hammer. Much better known nationally and in NFL history than Charles Mincy, Mark Collins and some of the other higher vote-getters on this round. Given the number of posters who bemoan the gentrification of the game, you'd think that a guy with a trademark tackle that had been outlawed would be more beloved.

Discuss Thrower
03-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Still no Mighty Mouse. Poll fail.

Rain Man
03-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Still no Mighty Mouse. Poll fail.

Only two years as a Chief, so I'm afraid he's not eligible. I can give you Dexter McCleon in the next heat, though.

Discuss Thrower
03-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Only two years as a Chief, so I'm afraid he's not eligible. I can give you Dexter McCleon in the next heat, though.

Die in a fire.

Rain Man
03-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Die in a fire.

What? McCleon is almost exactly the same thing. You'll hardly notice a difference.

wazu
03-02-2015, 07:08 AM

Woah, really?! Ouch. Mighty Mouse would have made the semi-finals.

Rausch
03-02-2015, 09:05 AM
I only voted for two this heat. Hasty and Tongue. Couldn't be compelled to check another box.

:shrug:

No love for the Hammer?...

scho63
03-02-2015, 03:15 PM
This poll may last longer than most Chiefs career. Ay carumba!

Waiting for Heat 50, Part 107.....then I'll vote! o:-)

Rain Man
03-02-2015, 05:20 PM
This poll may last longer than most Chiefs career. Ay carumba!

Waiting for Heat 50, Part 107.....then I'll vote! o:-)

Actually, there are only five more heats in Round 1. And then Round 2 will be exciting because we'll narrow down to our top three favorites at each position group. And then from there, well, you can just imagine.

Rain Man
03-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Hasty Tongue Mark moves on, which would be a pretty good name for a rock band.

I'm surprised that Tongue did so well. I liked him just fine, but kind of view several of the safeties on this list as being roughly equal.