PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs expected to release Bowe

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

KCCHIEFS27
03-05-2015, 10:24 AM
http://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-expected-to-release-dwayne-bowe-unless-they-can-trade-him/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Chiefs veteran WR Dwayne Bowe is expected to be released in the coming days unless Kansas City is able to trade him.

Given the Chiefs current financial situation, it’s been surprising that there hasn’t been more buzz about him being released in the past few weeks, especially when you consider that his one-game suspension will allow them to get out of some of the guarantees included in his contract.

Bowe, 30, still has another three years remaining on his five-year, $56 million contract that included $26 million guaranteed. He has base salaries of $10.75 million (2015) and $9.75 million (2016-2017) coming his way over the remainder of the agreement.

According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Bowe would free up $5 million in cap space for the Chiefs while creating $9 million in dead money. If they were to designate him as a post-June 1 release, those numbers would improve to $11 million cap savings and $3 million in dead money.

In 2014, Bowe appeared in 15 games for the Chiefs and caught 60 passes for 754 yards receiving and no touchdowns.

In58men
03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Good. Next should be Chase Danielsssss.

Dave Lane
03-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Good. Next should be Chase Danielsssss.

You spelled Alex Smith wrong :)

In58men
03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
You spelled Alex Smith wrong :)

Doing this would automatically make our team better.

Eleazar
03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
They are really rubbing it in, releasing him twice on the same day.

loochy
03-05-2015, 10:33 AM
released and then re-signed just so they can humiliate him by releasing him again

BossChief
03-05-2015, 10:34 AM
As a june 1st cut it would clear 9.5m not 11m

Dante84
03-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Hope we can trade him!

Eleazar
03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
released and then re-signed just so they can humiliate him by releasing him again

It's like those posthumous executions.

MahiMike
03-05-2015, 10:36 AM
This better not be a joke. I have a huge BOWEner right now!

TribalElder
03-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Trade him to buffalo

In58men
03-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Harry Douglas visiting Tennessee. Chiefs should give them Bowe, swap 2015 1st round picks and Chiefs give up 2016 1st round pick. Chiefs draft Mariota. Chiefs cut Alex Smith and Chase Daniel. Use that money for Randall Cobb. Chiefs draft OL in the 2nd round. Boom shits too easy.

Jimmya
Bye!

BossChief
I hope he lands on a winner. I wish him all the best.

DaKCMan AP
03-05-2015, 10:40 AM
So will we designate post-June 1?

Bootlegged
WR 1: A. Wilson
WR 2: DAT
WR 3: Marc Boerigter
WR 4: Sammie Parker

loochy
Trade him to buffalo

for mark kasl and a 5th rounder

Iconic
03-05-2015, 10:41 AM
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb367/TF-Ghost141/funny-gif-black-kid-scared-crying.gif

Dorsey got everyone shook now WHEW

Chiefnj2
03-05-2015, 10:41 AM
The Alex excuses will continue.

BossChief
03-05-2015, 10:42 AM
So will we designate post-June 1?

Wouldn't make sense not to.

OldSchool
03-05-2015, 10:42 AM
What if Dorsey decides to completely abandon the WR position and just goes out and signs Thomas or Cameron to pair with Kelce?

OldSchool
03-05-2015, 10:45 AM
The Alex excuses will continue.

Right. Any QB should succeed while playing behind a bottom 3 OL with a bottom 5, even with Bowe, WR core. Wonderful combination for a prolific passing game.

Imon Yourside
03-05-2015, 10:46 AM
What if Dorsey decides to completely abandon the WR position and just goes out and signs Thomas or Cameron to pair with Kelce?

We wouldn't see much difference.

zero is still zero.

loochy
03-05-2015, 10:46 AM

and signs a RB to line up at receiver to throw dumpoffs to

Fish
03-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Only pussy teams need wide receivers.

Imon Yourside
03-05-2015, 10:49 AM
and signs a RB to line up at receiver to throw dumpoffs to

We could run a 5 rb offense. You can't double team all the dumpoffs.

Pablo
03-05-2015, 10:51 AM
It will be nice to see the regime cut lose under-performing players with bloated contracts.

There are more to be made.

Meatloaf
03-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Welp, what this tells me (aka: Captain Obvious) is that we're gonna COMPLETELY overhaul our WR corps. Heck, there's hardly anyone left, and if you argue that Bowe and Avery were #1 and #2, well, that puts the likes of Hemingway and Wilson at the top of this rather meager list. Holy smokes!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Factoring in age-related decline of Charles with the loss of Bowe, possibly Hudson, and this offense has a chance to be historically bad.

Put nine in the box on every play and mug Kelce at the line.

MotherfuckerJones
03-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Whelp fuck. I love me some Bowe.

Easy 6
03-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Trade him to buffalo

That's actually a good landing spot for him, for all of Cassels faults he isn't afraid to throw it up to Bowe... they could do a lot, lot worse for a starting duo than Bowe and Watkins.

Thanks for the memories, Dwayne... but its probably best for everyone to move on at this point.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Factoring in age-related decline of Charles with the loss of Bowe, possibly Hudson, and this offense has a chance to be historically bad.

Put nine in the box on every play and mug Kelce at the line.

If only we there was a draft or free agency period where we could acquire new players to address these deficiencies

MotherfuckerJones
03-05-2015, 10:58 AM
I'd trade Charles to the highest bidder. He's my favorite player but this offense needs completely rebuilt. We're wasting his talent anyways. It's so fucking depressing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2015, 10:58 AM
If only we there was a draft or free agency period where we could acquire new players to address these deficiencies

ROFL...they are adding nothing of consequence in FA.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Welp, what this tells me (aka: Captain Obvious) is that we're gonna COMPLETELY overhaul our WR corps. Heck, there's hardly anyone left, and if you argue that Bowe and Avery were #1 and #2, well, that puts the likes of Hemingway and Wilson at the top of this rather meager list. Holy smokes!

I wouldnt get too attached to Hemingway.

saphojunkie

Wanna bet?

Hammock Parties
No Bowe! No Houston! No fucks given about this shitty piece of shit franchise as they dink and dunk their way into a 6-10 season! SACRIFICE THE ACLS!

Easy 6
03-05-2015, 11:00 AM

The Old Man and the See Ya.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 11:00 AM

Since you know the future, what are the next winning powerball numbers?

Hammock Parties
03-05-2015, 11:01 AM

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A CHIEFS OFFSEASON BEFORE?

SHAWN BARBER ISN'T WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR.

Iconic
Don't get why you guys are imploding over this. It kind of had to be done.

jd1020
This offense is going to be exciting to watch!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Wanna bet?

Are you the idiot claiming they are going to sign Maclin? I apologize if I've conflated you with someone else, but this place is an accretion disc of delusional free agent stupidity and you all meld together.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 11:02 AM

They have added plenty of good free agents over the years

ChiTown
Are you the idiot claiming they are going to sign Maclin? I apologize if I've conflated you with someone else, but this place is an accretion disc of delusional free agent stupidity and you all meld together.

LMAO

loochy
Don't get why you guys are imploding over this. It kind of had to be done.

it's not like he added a lot last season anyway

KC_Lee

Neither is Kendrell Bell...

loochy
03-05-2015, 11:03 AM

no, you are thinking of penbook

Pablo
03-05-2015, 11:04 AM
This offense is going to be exciting to watch!Jamaal is ready for Andy to really pound the rock.

I'm talking 15-16 carries a game! Things could get crazy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2015, 11:05 AM

$4 million, as in the amount of cap space the Chiefs will have even after cutting Bowe.

Meatloaf
03-05-2015, 11:05 AM

Maybe. I know Hemingway had a horrible year as a WR last year, but he's a very good special teams guy....and he's cheap. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's on the team this year.

That said, I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it either.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 11:07 AM
$4 million, as in the amount of cap space the Chiefs will have even after cutting Bowe.

Hali, daniel, devito. There is cap space to be had

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 11:07 AM

No, I'm the idiot who calls people out for conflating speculation with fact. Penbrook is the idiot who swears we're signing Maclin.

But here's the thing... he's no more wrong than you are, because it's purely an opinion on future occurrences that aren't set it stone.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 11:09 AM

:facepalm:

By making Bowe a designated June 1 cut, they would reduce his cap number from $14 million to $4.5 million, adding $9.5 million to their existing $5.18M space.

Cutting them all outright would save an additional $16.8M on the cap, which in itself is enough to sign Houston.

DaKCMan AP
03-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Right. Any QB should succeed while playing behind a bottom 3 OL with a bottom 5, even with Bowe, WR core. Wonderful combination for a prolific passing game.

Remind me - how many of those other bottom 3 OL and bottom 5 WR corps recorded 0 WR TDs all of last season?

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Chiefs veteran WR Dwayne Bowe is expected to be released in the coming days unless Kansas City is able to trade him.

Why couldn't they trade him?

Bowe is in the same level as Calvin Johnson, teams should be jumping at the chance to add him to their team.

In58men
03-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Why couldn't they trade him?

Bowe is in the same level as Calvin Johnson, teams should be jumping at the chance to add him to their team.

Sarcasm?

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2015, 11:13 AM
A great Chief player that got shit on way too much by the fan base. Best receiver the team has had not named Otis Taylor. Thanks for the great career D Bowe, shame you had shit QBs your entire career here.

Chief Pote

Geez...I'll bet your students are afraid of you. :p

Baby Lee
Remind me - how many of those other bottom 3 OL and bottom 5 WR corps recorded 0 WR TDs all of last season?

How many were both on the same team?

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 11:14 AM
A great Chief player that got shit on way too much by the fan base. Best receiver the team has had not named Otis Taylor. Thanks for the great career D Bowe, shame you had shit QBs your entire career here.

Alllllll of this.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 11:17 AM

I would say he has been good, not great. He had one great year. The fact that he is the best Chiefs WR since Otis Taylor says more about our WRs and our offenses we have ran than it does about Bowe

Iowanian
03-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Bowe is overpaid and has under produced. I thought he gave a shit effort last season after getting into trouble. A pedestrian WR can put up his numbers of late.

He has been a nice player and he's a great downfield blocker and I appreciate that but they cannot continue to pay him at this salary.

mcaj22
03-05-2015, 11:20 AM
my guess of teams he signs with: Seahawks, Patriots, Colts, Ravens, 49ers, Packers

Chiefnj2
03-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Losing Bowe is bad for the team. It leaves them with pretty much no #1 or #2 WR.

Losing Bowe's salary is good.

The question is what can Dorsey do with that savings. If they announce an agreement with Hudson, then Bowe's release becomes acceptable. If they bring in a bunch of one year, revolving door JAGs, then it's just another nail in this regime's coffin.

Meatloaf
Bowe is overpaid and has under produced. I thought he gave a shit effort last season after getting into trouble. A pedestrian WR can put up his numbers.

Sadly, I've got to agree with this. His effort last year was abysmal....or worse. Last year he sort of perfected that backing up, sit down move after catching the ball. Not good.

Going to be most interesting to see how they rebuild this WR outfit. Stay tuned.

OldSchool
With Bowe's release and all of the extra picks that we have this year, I can see Dorsey trading up in order to snag a guy like Davante Parker ahead of SF if he slips by the Browns.

Iowanian
Bowe would probably become motivated and put up good numbers with a great QB.

he's never going to get that here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2015, 11:22 AM

That takes you to about $20 million.

It leaves you with the following two deep:

QB: Smith, Murray
RB: Charles, Davis
LT: Fisher, ???
LG: ???, ???
C: Kush
RG: Fulton, ???
RT: Stephenson, Allen

WR: Wilson, Hemingway, DaRick Rogers, ???
TE: Kelce, Harris
FB: Sherman

DE: Bailey, Catapano
DT: Powe, Walker
DE: Howard, Worthy

OLB: Ford, Zombo
ILB: Johnson, Mays
ILB: JMJ, ???
OLB: Houston, ????

CB: Smith, Cooper, Gaines, Fleming
S: Abdullah, Sorenson, Comings

So, you're backup QB has never taken an NFL snap, you have no discernible backup LT (and an injury prone, ineffective starter). Your center has played in one game, ever. Your left guard might be Jeff Allen, which leaves you with a medical student as the backup swing tackle.

Your backup DE had EbolAIDS, the inside backers are a 33 year old coming off an Achilles rupture and an ineffective scrub. Your ROLB has as many Vines that went viral for incompetence as he does impact plays, your safeties consist of two guys who have never played in an NFL game and another guy who is replacement level. Your backup CBs are a converted WR/human thermite and someone who the coaching staff couldn't pick out of a lineup if he was wearing a sign with his fucking name on it.

The team needs at least two starters at WR, a starter at center and LG, a viable ILB, two safeties, and two corners and that's assuming that Murray can actually play in the NFL and that there is no injury attrition.

You need runner-runner for an inside straight with a paired board, but by all means, keep drawing.

Iowanian
03-05-2015, 11:22 AM
If they hate him they'll trade him to Buffalo and back into the arms of Matt Cassel.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 11:23 AM
I bet that is the reason that Manning took the 4 million dollar pay cut. Now the Broncos can fit Bowe under the salary cap.

Bowe + Manning = 150 receptions, 2000 yards

DaKCMan AP
How many were both on the same team?

You don't think they're correlated at all? Go look at teams drafting in the top 10. I'm sure you could find one.

ModSocks
Im still a Bowe fan, and i think he gets a lot of undeserved shit from the fan base ever since his rookie year. I do think he'd have better numbers with a better QB. But at his age, he's all he'll ever be and only stands to get slower.

With that said, it's hard to argue about his cap # vs his production.

There simply isn't a team in the NFL that would pay 10mill a year for a sub 1K receiver.

Here's to hoping he goes to a good team with a good QB.

Meatloaf
With Bowe's release and all of the extra picks that we have this year, I can see Dorsey trading up in order to snag a guy like Davante Parker ahead of SF if he slips by the Browns.

The other day, I believe Uncle Mel (Kiper) was talking about the Chiefs trading up for Cooper. If he was there at #9. Hmmmm.....

Titty Meat
Bowe, Hudson, and Hali.

Dorsey better do a good job in this draft or he very well could be on the hot seat after 2015.

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 11:24 AM

So, you're backup QB has never taken an NFL snap, you have no discernible backup LT (and an injury prone, ineffective starter). Your center has played in one game, ever. Your left guard might be Jeff Allen, which leaves you with a medical student as the backup swing tackle.

Your backup DE had EbolAIDS, the inside backers are a 33 year old coming off an Achilles rupture and an ineffective scrub. Your ROLB has as many Vines that went viral for incompetence as he does impact plays, your safeties consist of two guys who have never played in an NFL game and another guy who is replacement level. Your backup CBs are a converted WR/human thermite and someone who the coaching staff couldn't pick out of a lineup if he was wearing a sign with his ****ing name on it.

The team needs at least two starters at WR, a starter at center and LG, a viable ILB, two safeties, and two corners and that's assuming that Murray can actually play in the NFL and that there is no injury attrition.

You need runner-runner for an inside straight with a paired board, but by all means, keep drawing.

Pryor would be the backup QB.

But other than that you're spot on.

Even if they hit home runs on each and every draft pick, that's an 8-8 roster at best.

OldSchool
The other day, I believe Uncle Mel (Kiper) was talking about the Chiefs trading up for Cooper. If he was there at #9. Hmmmm.....

Eh, if we're going to trade for Cooper I would rather just draft Nelson Agholor in the 2nd round. Same type of Wr but with a bit more explosion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
:facepalm:

By making Bowe a designated June 1 cut, they would reduce his cap number from $14 million to $4.5 million, adding $9.5 million to their existing $5.18M space.

Cutting them all outright would save an additional $16.8M on the cap, which in itself is enough to sign Houston.

They are five million OVER the cap, genious. Cutting Bowe saves them 9.5 to take them to a total of +4 million.

ChiTown
03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Bowe, Hudson, and Hali.

Dorsey better do a good job in this draft or he very well could be on the hot seat after 2015.

He ain't gone yet

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Eh, if we're going to trade for Cooper I would rather just draft Nelson Agholor in the 2nd round. Same type of Wr but with a bit more explosion.

No wonder you are an Alex Smith ballwasher, your stupidity carries over.

Meatloaf
03-05-2015, 11:26 AM

Your backup DE had EbolAIDS, the inside backers are a 33 year old coming off an Achilles rupture and an ineffective scrub. Your ROLB has as many Vines that went viral for incompetence as he does impact plays, your safeties consist of two guys who have never played in an NFL game and another guy who is replacement level. Your backup CBs are a converted WR/human thermite and someone who the coaching staff couldn't pick out of a lineup if he was wearing a sign with his ****ing name on it.

Hamas, not that I agree with ALL of this, but this is a Hall of Fame worthy response. Excellent work here!!! :thumb:

MotherfuckerJones
03-05-2015, 11:27 AM
They are five million OVER the cap, genious. Cutting Bowe saves them 9.5 to take them to a total of +4 million.

I thought I seen a tweet from Teicher that were 7 mil under

ILChief
He ain't gone yet

Actually none of them are

bdj23
Are we gonna suck next year or not?

petegz28
03-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Regardless of the cap situation and what cutting\trading Bowe does to the cap, he needs to go. He can probably produce elsewhere but he is like Billy Butler..fan favorite, had some great seasons but is expendable and not doing anything someone else younger and cheaper can't do.

Meatloaf

Gonna have to find me some Agholor tape and see what this kid has. Cooper just seems awfully smooth and dynamic; if Agholor is in the same class, well, that'd be a good thing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I thought I seen a tweet from Teicher that were 7 mil under

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But that doesn&#39;t count $13.2 million for Houston yet. Counting him, Chiefs are about $6 million over. So they have work to do</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/572478833313624066">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ILChief
03-05-2015, 11:29 AM

No

Discuss Thrower

Vegas has the over under at 8.5.

Take that FWIW

ModSocks

Yes. The Chiefs are broke and have holes. 2nd Youngest team in the NFL last year, right? And since they have no cap space, they'll only get younger.

Dave Lane
03-05-2015, 11:30 AM

Completely this. Amazing what he could have been if teamed with Peyton or Brady.

Gonzo
03-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I think I'm fairly close to joining Clay on the 'fuck this franchise' bandwagon.
Actually... If they lose Houston, I'll drive the motherfucker.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Look,

The Chiefs will likely be able to cobble together an average roster next year. They'll be one of the 20 teams in the 6-10 to 10-6 range depending on injury luck and SSS issues. But if you think a team with that many holes and that little cap room is going to go after an impact FA, you're out of your fucking mind.

Think about how much scrubs like Vance Walker and Joe Mays cost last year. Even if they hold on to Hudson, which will be a Raufoss round to their cap space, who are they going to go after and fill all of those spots?

ChiefsCountry
Completely this. Amazing what he could have been if teamed with Peyton or Brady.

Or a Trent Green type.

petegz28

JFC, Dave...you could say that about a shitload of WR's. "Just think if he had one of the greatest QB's in history throwing to him!!!"

WOW...that's fucking insight there.

BigRock
03-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Re: post June 1st cuts, this link really needs to be read. I didn't know this myself until recently when it came up with Fasano. But I'm guessing most everyone thinks the same thing I did and I was wrong as shit.

http://overthecap.com/explaining-the-june-1st-designation/

Key parts:

I think where many people get confused, though, is when they hear that “player x” could be designated a June 1 cut and immediately jump to conclusions that it means a spending spree in March. (...) When you designate someone as a June 1 cut, the player and his current contract remain on the books until June 1.

So making Bowe a post June 1 cut would open up $0 in cap space until June 2. That's clearly not what they'll do. And it means Bowe's only opening up half the cap space people are expecting.

BigMeatballDave
03-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Black Bob and Laz take turns giving each other Dutch Rudders...

DeepSouth
03-05-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm not going to be sorry to see him go. Once the Chiefs get rid of him they should never draft an LSU player (Bowe & Jackson) ever again.

The guy is just not too bright. From letting his homie's carry illegal drugs in his car while speeding, to the story he told in the attached link. Good Bye. Good Riddance. He's an embarrassment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/394231-dwayne-bowe-you-are-such-an-idiot

Meatloaf
03-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I think I'm fairly close to joining Clay on the '**** this franchise' bandwagon.
Actually... If they lose Houston, I'll drive the mother****er.

Gonzo, why would this move cause you more angst? We need cap room and it's generally a good idea to drop non-productive (and over paid) players, isn't it?

Our WR corps was total ass last year. Total. Something needed to be done and pruning out Bowe, Avery and Jenkins is definitely cutting out dead wood. I think this ultimately bodes well for the future. Hang in there, bud!!!

BigMeatballDave
I'm not going to be sorry to see him go. Once the Chiefs get rid of him they should never draft an LSU player (Bowe & Jackson) ever again.

The guy is just not too bright. From letting his homie's carry illegal drugs in his car while speeding, to the story he told in the attached link. Good Bye. Good Riddance. He's an embarrassment.

Go toss your daddy's salad.

petegz28

And he is not ever going to be a Calvin Johnson or Fitzgerald. People act as if he was in that class but actually he was going to their school, not teaching his own class.

BigMeatballDave
03-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Hopefully they'll try to re-sign him to a better deal.

Eleazar
03-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Bowe is 30. He's not likely to change at this point. He's probably always going to be a tweener/underachiever.

petegz28
03-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Hopefully they'll try to re-sign him to a better deal.

Why? What is the point?

jd1020
03-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Our WR corps was total ass last year. Total. Something needed to be done and pruning out Bowe, Avery and Jenkins is definitely cutting out dead wood. I think this ultimately bodes well for the future. Hang in there, bud!!!

The future looks like Albert Wilson as the #1 WR... The Chiefs are looking at rookies/Kenny Britt's as a WR corp corp. That's shit.

BigMeatballDave
03-05-2015, 11:39 AM
I see the retarded Bowe haters are making their way in to say stupid shit.

You should go for a walk in Ferguson wearing a Klan hood.

gold_and_red
03-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Third year of this regime and they are still yet to lay the foundation. Clark looks stupid to demand "win now" after these guys were hired.

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Who in the fuck says he is in Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald class? I know Laz and pete are both missing a brain but nobody has ever said he is the same as those. I know its always hyperbole around here but jeez nobody has said he is a hall of famer.

petegz28
The future looks like Albert Wilson as the #1 WR... The Chiefs are looking at rookies/Kenny Britt's as a WR corp corp. That's shit.

I'd like to see them go at Maclin. I could definitely live with a 1-2 of Maclin\Wilson

saphojunkie
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But that doesn't count $13.2 million for Houston yet. Counting him, Chiefs are about $6 million over. So they have work to do</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/572478833313624066">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Yes, but that's my point. I'm not counting Houston, and you are. He can not sign his tender, we can make cuts, and resign him.

People complaining that we don't have the cap space to sign Houston are forgetting that we save 13 million on the cap BY SIGNING HOUSTON.

Eleazar
03-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Why? What is the point?

Bowe has no incentive to take a pay cut from us. A great QB might be able to make him look pretty good. Someone will overpay for him.

The team that knows him best just made it clear that they won't be the ones to do so.

petegz28
Who in the **** says he is in Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald class? I know Laz and pete are both missing a brain but nobody has ever said he is the same as those. I know its always hyperbole around here but jeez nobody has said he is a hall of famer.

Everyone acting like we are so ****ed because we are getting rid of him. That's who. If you aren't on that level then you are replaceable.

saphojunkie
I'd like to see them go at Maclin. I could definitely live with a 1-2 of Maclin\Wilson

Hamas has already foreseen that this is a concrete impossibility.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Dwayne Bowe has been a legit #1 WR for most of his career. Larry Fitzgerald was damn near worthless with John Skelton at QB. He may not be that now (and no one ever compared him to Megatron, pete, you stupid fuck), but if the Chiefs were able to draft a WR at #18 who could give them 80% of Bowe's rookie production, they should do backflips.

jd1020
03-05-2015, 11:42 AM
People complaining that we don't have the cap space to sign Houston are forgetting that we save 13 million on the cap BY SIGNING HOUSTON.

What?

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 11:42 AM
What?

His franchise tag counts against the cap this year. If you sign him to a long term deal, the franchise tag is gone, and that number can be dramatically reduced. We are only over the cap because of his huge cap number.

petegz28
03-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Dwayne Bowe has been a legit #1 WR for most of his career. Larry Fitzgerald was damn near worthless with John Skelton at QB. He may not be that now (and no one ever compared him to Megatron, pete, you stupid ****), but if the Chiefs were able to draft a WR at #18 who could give them 80% of Bowe's rookie production, they should do backflips.

boo the fuck hoo, Hamas. Bowe is gone and needs to be gone.

WTF is 80% of 0 TD's in a season?

jd1020
His number isn't going to be 0. You are terrible at math.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Yes, but that's my point. I'm not counting Houston, and you are. He can not sign his tender, we can make cuts, and resign him.

No, fuckwad, The franchise tender counts against our cap as soon as we designate him as a franchise player. The -5 million includes Houston's franchise tender. So, we could trade him, which would clear off that amount, which would be super helpful in drawing players here next season after we give up 500 points.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those wondering, Chiefs need to comply with cap by Mar 10. Also, Houston&#39;s $13.2 mill counts on Mar 10 whether he signs contract or not</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/572482116707061760">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Hammock Parties
03-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Over the course of their careers Larry Fitzgerald has averaged about 8 yards per game more than Bowe.

Hammock Parties
03-05-2015, 11:44 AM

What is 80% of Alex Smith's production?

Answer: 6-10

DaKCMan AP
03-05-2015, 11:45 AM

:spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2015, 11:46 AM
boo the fuck hoo, Hamas. Bowe is gone and needs to be gone.

Eighty percent of Bowe's rookie production (awesome reading skills, by the way) would be 800 yards and four TDs.

Eleazar
"Bowe is comparable to Larry Fitzgerald"

Chiefsplanet, everyone.

bowener
This better not be a joke. I have a huge BOWEner right now!

Hey now... I've only got a few more days where my name makes sense. Don't steal it from me now.

Fish
03-05-2015, 11:47 AM
I like Bowe. But Alex Smith and Dwayne Bowe will never be on the same page. Why pay him like a #1 WR when the QB doesn't take advantage of a #1 WR?

petegz28
03-05-2015, 11:47 AM
His number isn't going to be 0. You are terrible at math.

How am I terrible at math? He caught 0 TD's last season, 5 TD's in 2013, 3 in 2012, 5 in 2011 and 15 in 2010, then 4, 7, 5.

He had 1 breakout year. Replacing someone to catch an average of 4-5 TD's a season isn't hard.

Rausch
03-05-2015, 11:48 AM
...but if the Chiefs were able to draft a WR at #18 who could give them 80% of Bowe's rookie production, they should do backflips.

There were 6 rookie's LAST YEAR that bested Bowe's production.

When we knew we needed help, and the talent was there (we could have drafted 4 of those 6,) we passed.

Last year's draft was $#it because:

1) The draft was top heavy. There were 1st round talents to be found up to about the mid to late 2nd round.

2) With our only pick in the first two rounds we made the decision to draft a b/u who would have absolutely no impact unless someone had a freak injury...

saphojunkie
Dwayne Bowe has been a legit #1 WR for most of his career. Larry Fitzgerald was damn near worthless with John Skelton at QB. He may not be that now (and no one ever compared him to Megatron, pete, you stupid fuck), but if the Chiefs were able to draft a WR at #18 who could give them 80% of Bowe's rookie production, they should do backflips.

796 yards and 4 TD?

Odell Beckham had 1300+ yards and 12 TD.

Mike Evans had 1,000+ yds and 12 TD

Kelvin Benjamin had 1,000+ yds and 9 TD

Sammy Watkins had 980+ yds and 6 TD

Jordan Matthews had 870+ yds and 8 TD

If we cut Bowe and draft a WR in the first, he better fucking crush Bowe's rookie numbers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
How am I terrible at math? He caught 0 TD's last season, 5 TD's in 2013, 3 in 2012, 5 in 2011 and 15 in 2010, then 4, 7, 5.

He had 1 breakout year. Replacing someone to catch an average of 4-5 TD's a season isn't hard.

REPLACING BOWE'S ROOKIE PRODUCTION, YOU DUMB FUCKING COAT HANGER DODGING CUNT

ChiTown

I believe that was meant for sapho

Rausch

On most pass-first teams (which we are now) that's a respectable 3rd WR...

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2015, 11:49 AM
796 yards and 4 TD?

If we cut Bowe and draft a WR in the first, he better fucking crush Bowe's rookie numbers.

Yes, we should expect this group to match the production of the greatest WR class in NFL history.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 11:50 AM

When we knew we needed help, and the talent was there (we could have drafted 4 of those 6,) we passed.

1) The draft was top heavy. There were 1st round talents to be found up to about the mid to late 2nd round.

2) With our only pick in the first two rounds we made the decision to draft a b/u who would have absolutely no impact unless someone had a freak injury...

This.

The time to replace Bowe was last year.

The time to replace Hali was this year, in a loaded pass-rusher class.

petegz28
03-05-2015, 11:50 AM
REPLACING BOWE'S ROOKIE PRODUCTION, YOU DUMB ****ING COAT HANGER DODGING ****

:LOL: such a baby

petegz28
03-05-2015, 11:51 AM
I believe that was meant for sapho

;)

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2015, 11:51 AM
:LOL: such a baby

No. Just literate.

Get fucked by a punji stick.

Rausch
03-05-2015, 11:53 AM
REPLACING BOWE'S ROOKIE PRODUCTION, YOU DUMB ****ING COAT HANGER DODGING ****

70 catches for 995 yards and 5 TD's.

I think 4 of the 6 rookies I mentioned bested that (two of them we couldn't have drafted)...

Rausch
No. Just literate.

Get ****ed by a punji stick.

LMAO

saphojunkie
Yes, we should expect this group to match the production of the greatest WR class in NFL history.

So, now instead of one guy beating Bowe's rookie numbers, we have to expect the entire WR class to beat the entire WR class from last year?

Way to move the goal posts.

duncan_idaho
03-05-2015, 11:54 AM

This makes me sad.

It will make me sadder if Dee Ford was drafted so they can move on from Justin Houston.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 11:56 AM
This makes me sad.

It will make me sadder if Dee Ford was drafted so they can move on from Justin Houston.

The only thing you can hope is that he was drafted to move on from Hali. Which is a terrible thing to hope.

Eleazar
03-05-2015, 11:56 AM
This makes me sad.

He may have been drafted so they can move on from Hali.

petegz28
03-05-2015, 11:57 AM
He may have been drafted so they can move on from Hali.

That's more likely

KCCHIEFS27
I would say he has been good, not great. He had one great year. The fact that he is the best Chiefs WR since Otis Taylor says more about our WRs and our offenses we have ran than it does about Bowe

Now, wait one second...Eddie Kennison was the man!

Rausch
This.

The time to replace Hali was this year, in a loaded pass-rusher class.

This.

I could have supported the Ford pick if he fell to the 2nd and we traded up to get him.

Yes, he'd still be a b/u, but it's a "potential" pick by management.

BTW 4 of those WR's who scored more TD's than Bowe had WORSE QB's...

ChiefsCountry
800 yards and 4 touchdowns would be near the top for an Alex Smith receiver. He kills WR stats. No WR is going to come in and put up any big stats with No Balls, Captain Checkdown Alex Smith.

petegz28
The only thing you can hope is that he was drafted to move on from Hali. Which is a terrible thing to hope.

Houston isn't going anywhere. The Chiefs are going to let him market himself, get offers then match. That pretty much just allows some other team to do the negotiating for them.

Eleazar
03-05-2015, 11:58 AM

We never should have signed him to an extension. Many of us saw this at the time, and his production has only declined since the deal was signed.

Rausch
03-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Now, wait one second...Eddie Kennison was the man!

Derrick Alexander was a beast and forgotten stud because he played during the COMPLETE SUCK YEARS...

jd1020
03-05-2015, 11:59 AM

Why is that a terrible thing to hope? He's 31 and losing a step every year.

ChiefsCountry
03-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Many of us saw this at the time, and his production has only declined since the deal was signed.

That clearly has nothing to do with Alexander Douchebag Smith as the QB. None whatsoever.

petegz28
03-05-2015, 12:00 PM
We never should have signed him to an extension. Many of us saw this at the time, and his production has only declined since the deal was signed.

I agree. Never should have signed him to what we did, anyway.

Rausch
That clearly has nothing to do with Alexander Douchebag Smith as the QB. None whatsoever.

Some, yes...

Iconic
This years WR class is actually really good. We can find an adequate replacement that fits Smiths style of play in the draft so this really isn't that big of a deal.

petegz28

Everything is Smith's fault /cp

Rausch
03-05-2015, 12:01 PM
I agree. Never should have signed him to what we did, anyway.

Semantics are a fun distraction when considering how much time you've wasted following a team that doesn't share your passion for winning...

Rausch
03-05-2015, 12:03 PM
This years WR class is actually really good. .

No, it's not.

There are 2 top ten guys, maybe one late 1st round guy, and MAYBE 2 guys in the second round...

ChiliConCarnage
03-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Alex Smith kills another WR's career

petegz28
03-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Alex Smith kills another WR's career

Bowe had nothing to do with it at all!! NOTHING! :thumb:

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Why is that a terrible thing to hope? He's 31 and losing a step every year.

Because he's given every bit of his stellar career to a franchise that rewarded him with dogshit. Because I feel bad for the guy.

jd1020
03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Because he's given every bit of his stellar career to a franchise that rewarded him with dogshit. Because I feel bad for the guy.

That's no different than Bowe.

Rausch
03-05-2015, 12:09 PM
This makes me sad.

If we choose to let Houston go and throw Ford in his spot I'm done.

That's it. Its' clear. KC isn't willing to pay a top 5 player to be a top 5 player.

If they aren't, what's the point? Think about it - once we find and develop a top player if you aren't willing to keep them what the fuck is the point of finding them at all if you won't pay to keep them in their prime?...

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2015, 12:11 PM

That's it. Its' clear. KC isn't willing to pay a top 5 player to be a top 5 player.

If they aren't, what's the point? Think about it - once we find and develop a top player if you aren't willing to keep them what the fuck is the point of finding them at all if you won't pay to keep them in their prime?...

Not willing to pay elite talent, but more than willing to pay elite money to average players.

What a trainwreck.

ChiliConCarnage
Bowe had nothing to do with it at all!! NOTHING! :thumb:

You're right. He had the Chiefs in a tough spot and signed a contract that everyone knew was overpaying him and then gave the Chiefs an out to that contract.

He'd still probably be here if we had a QB willing to throw to WRs the last few seasons as we still don't have options at WR.

saphojunkie
No, it's not.

There are 2 top ten guys, maybe one late 1st round guy, and MAYBE 2 guys in the second round...

Devante Parker is not a late first round guy. He is most likely not even available to us at 18.

There are a ton guys that should go in the first two rounds, and deservedly so.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 12:12 PM
That's no different than Bowe.

I feel bad for Bowe, too.

CaliforniaChief
03-05-2015, 12:12 PM
If Houston did sign a new deal, how would that potentially affect their cap situation? My understanding is that would be a good thing, probably set up not to cost the Chiefs as much cap space this season.

Not that I'm optimistic it happens, but I'd pay him elite money.

I'm in the release Colquitt crowd, too. I like Daniel as a backup, would see if maybe he'd take a cut.

Either way, Dorsey's gonna have to have one helluva draft this year.

jd1020
03-05-2015, 12:13 PM
I feel bad for Bowe, too.

I don't. I feel bad for the fans that continue to support the franchise with their wallet.

Players like Bowe and Hali have set their families up for generations.

Eleazar
03-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Last year's offense was still better than 3 of the 4 years' of Matt Cassel offenses. The previous year, when Smith threw for 3300 yards and 23 TD / 7 INT, we still saw Bowe be about as productive as Donnie Avery.

Rausch
03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Not willing to pay elite talent, but more than willing to pay elite money to average players.

What a trainwreck.

Close to this.

We pay average players and contributors above average money but won't cut 3 average players to keep a legit FACE RAPING PASS RUSHER.

Arguably, the best OLB in the league at that...

Urc Burry
03-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Close to this.

We pay average players and contributors above average money but won't cut 3 average players to keep a legit FACE RAPING PASS RUSHER.

Is the off season over already?

Easy 6
03-05-2015, 12:20 PM

If they aren't, what's the point? Think about it - once we find and develop a top player if you aren't willing to keep them what the **** is the point of finding them at all if you won't pay to keep them in their prime?...

Agreed, that would be a serious and inexcusable step back.

Thankfully, it hasn't happened yet.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Close to this.

I have a really hard time believing that these salary cap moves are intended for any purpose other than re-signing planet Houston.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 12:24 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-expected-to-release-dwayne-bowe-unless-they-can-trade-him/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Chiefs veteran WR Dwayne Bowe is expected to be released in the coming days unless Kansas City is able to trade him.

Given the Chiefs current financial situation, it’s been surprising that there hasn’t been more buzz about him being released in the past few weeks, especially when you consider that his one-game suspension will allow them to get out of some of the guarantees included in his contract.

Bowe, 30, still has another three years remaining on his five-year, $56 million contract that included $26 million guaranteed. He has base salaries of $10.75 million (2015) and $9.75 million (2016-2017) coming his way over the remainder of the agreement.

According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Bowe would free up $5 million in cap space for the Chiefs while creating $9 million in dead money. If they were to designate him as a post-June 1 release, those numbers would improve to $11 million cap savings and $3 million in dead money.

In 2014, Bowe appeared in 15 games for the Chiefs and caught 60 passes for 754 yards receiving and no touchdowns.

Is the off season over already?

Yes. We forfeited all our draft picks and didn't sign anyone and are gonna go with Wilson and Hemingway at WR. /CP malcontents

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 12:24 PM
I have a really hard time believing that these salary cap moves are intended for any purpose other than re-signing planet Houston.

That's well and good, but if (and I think it's a big if at this point given he's expressed the notion he'll sit out half the season so it seems like he doesn't want to stick around) they re-sign Houston his number is going to bar KC signing anyone better than Leonard Hankerson at WR.

petegz28
03-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Yes. We forfeited all our draft picks and didn't sign anyone and are gonna go with Wilson and Hemingway at WR. /CP malcontents

You left out that we will also watch Houston and Bowe go elsewhere and break all kinds of NFL records.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 12:28 PM
I like Bowe. But Alex Smith and Dwayne Bowe will never be on the same page. Why pay him like a #1 WR when the QB doesn't take advantage of a #1 WR?

Teams should be lining up to sign our #1 wide receiver.

Bowe is just being held back by our QB!!!

Iconic
03-05-2015, 12:29 PM
No, it's not.

The depth isn't as strong, but I think you'll find equal talent at the top of this class as was in '14.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 12:30 PM
You're right. He had the Chiefs in a tough spot and signed a contract that everyone knew was overpaying him and then gave the Chiefs an out to that contract.

He'd still probably be here if we had a QB willing to throw to WRs the last few seasons as we still don't have options at WR.

People on CP were screaming 'just pay the man, he's a top 10 WR!'

much like they are screaming about Houston now

so they paid Bowe

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 12:30 PM
I doubt his new contract would have a cap hit this year that exceeds his franchise tag number.

And I will worry about Houston sitting until week 10 if he's sitting week 1.

-King-
03-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Wouldn't make sense not to.

We need cap space now. Getting it June 1st wouldn't really help us.

ILChief
03-05-2015, 12:35 PM
You left out that we will also watch Houston and Bowe go elsewhere and break all kinds of NFL records.

Lol @ bowe breaking NFL records.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Bowe is the wrong receiver for Alex Smith. Smith is never going to just trust his receiver to go up and win a jump ball in traffic.

Bowe needs to be playing with a gunslinger. I'm sure he'll have a stellar year with another QB, and I'm a WR like Cobb or Maclin would have more numbers with Smith, because they just get more separation. And that's the only way Smith is gonna throw it to you.

srvy
03-05-2015, 12:36 PM

Losing Bowe wont affect this team what so ever. Dude cant get open and hasn't for 3 years. Far as im concerned him pointing to his back out the door of 1 Arrowhead Dr can't happen soon enough.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 12:37 PM

There are other places to get it.

srvy
03-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Oh and I bet it does hit him in his lazy ass on the way out.

-King-
03-05-2015, 12:38 PM
There are other places to get it.

We need as much space NOW as possible.

Bewbies
03-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I like Bowe. I'll hate watching him in a different uniform.

Tom Brady is going to love him.

Chiefnj2
03-05-2015, 12:39 PM
796 yards and 4 TD?

If we cut Bowe and draft a WR in the first, he better ****ing crush Bowe's rookie numbers.

How can any WR crush those rookie numbers when Alex doesn't throw to them often enough to put up those numbers?

# of Targets last year:
Beckham - 132
Evans - 124
Benjamin - 146

BOWE - 96.

Chief Pote
03-05-2015, 12:42 PM
"Bowe is comparable to Larry Fitzgerald"

Chiefsplanet, everyone.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BoweDw00.htm#receiving_and_rushing::none

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzLa00.htm#receiving_and_rushing::none

You be the judge.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 12:48 PM

you can cut a player now and still designate them at a June 1st cut.

get the cap room now and still get the june 1st benefit of dividing the cap hit up between years

1 player per team, per year iirc

besides you can always take a player and turn his base salary into a bonus to free up cap room IF YOU WANT TO PAY big lump sum money

kcchiefsus
03-05-2015, 12:49 PM
No, it's not.

You couldn't be more wrong.

stumppy
03-05-2015, 12:49 PM
People on CP were screaming 'just pay the man, he's a top 10 WR!'

much like they are screaming about Houston now

so they paid Bowe

It seems there a lot of people on the planet who think there is some kind of correlation between the two. Some on here take their own opinion way to seriously.

-King-
03-05-2015, 12:59 PM

get the cap room now and still get the june 1st benefit of dividing the cap hit up between years

besides you can always take a player and turn his base salary into a bonus to free up cap room IF YOU WANT TO PAY big lump sum money

No, that's not how it works. Even if you cut him now and designate him a post June 1 cut, his numbers still stay on the books until June 1.

Iconic
03-05-2015, 12:59 PM

Re: post June 1st cuts, this link really needs to be read. I didn't know this myself until recently when it came up with Fasano. But I'm guessing most everyone thinks the same thing I did and I was wrong as shit.

http://overthecap.com/explaining-the-june-1st-designation/

Key parts:

I think where many people get confused, though, is when they hear that “player x” could be designated a June 1 cut and immediately jump to conclusions that it means a spending spree in March. (...) When you designate someone as a June 1 cut, the player and his current contract remain on the books until June 1.

So making Bowe a post June 1 cut would open up $0 in cap space until June 2. That's clearly not what they'll do. And it means Bowe's only opening up half the cap space people are expecting.

Reposting what BigRock just posted.

FringeNC
03-05-2015, 01:15 PM
We'll soon find what the rest of the league thinks about who is to blame for Bowe's lack of production.

Big contract = Smith/O-line to blame.
Small contract = Bowe is done.

The Franchise
03-05-2015, 01:17 PM
He won't get a big contract and it has nothing to do with him being done.

Hootie
03-05-2015, 01:19 PM
fucks given = 0

BossChief
03-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Why do we need a bunch of cap space right now?

Hudson isn't worth what is being reported as his demands (9/yr)...Ron Parker @6/yr?

If they need 20m RIGHT NOW

Cut Mays 3m
Cut Devito 4m
Cut Daniel 3.8m
Pay cut Hali 8-10m
Restructure Smith 8-10m (next 2 years salary is guaranteed anyway)

Back off the ledge, guys...

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Why do we need a bunch of cap space right now?

Hudson isn't worth what is being reported as his demands (9/yr)...Ron Parker @6/yr?

If they need 20m RIGHT NOW

Cut Mays 3m
Cut Devito 4m
Cut Daniel 3.8m
Pay cut Hali 8-10m
Restructure Smith 8-10m (next 2 years salary is guaranteed anyway)

Back off the ledge, guys...

Go look at what Hamas posted in this thread.

BigMeatballDave
03-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Manning's nutsack in my mouth: fucks given = Infinite Fixed

BossChief
03-05-2015, 01:29 PM
If I'm in charge, I designate Bowe as June 1st cut even if his salary stays on the books till june1. We can better use the money this year towards contract extensions IMO...but I can understand it if they outright cut him.

Show the guy some respect and don't treat him like Flowers.

If they outright cut him in the next few days, they are probably making room for SOMETHING.

Hootie
03-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Fixed

that was a terrible attempt at humor

if you have a day job, I'd keep it

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 01:31 PM
It seems there a lot of people on the planet who think there is some kind of correlation between the two. Some on here take their own opinion way to seriously.

I'm sorry if you think i was implying that the Chiefs paid Bowe just because CP wanted them to

I was commenting about the CP bitching, not the team's actions

The Franchise
03-05-2015, 01:31 PM
If they cut Bowe and Daniel is still on the roster this season....then fuck Dorsey.

beach tribe
03-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Geez...I'll bet your students are afraid of you. :p

Only the white ones.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
No, that's not how it works. Even if you cut him now and designate him a post June 1 cut, his numbers still stay on the books until June 1.

Reposting what BigRock just posted.
hmmm .... learn something new everyday

I didn't think that was how it worked.

pretty much makes that a worthless maneuver for teams then

It benefits the player, not the team

-King-
03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
hmmm .... learn something new everyday

I didn't think that was how it worked.

pretty much makes that a worthless maneuver for teams then

It benefits the player, not the team

It benefits the team, just not immediately.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 01:37 PM
If I'm in charge, I designate Bowe as June 1st cut even if his salary stays on the books till june1. We can better use the money this year towards contract extensions IMO...but I can understand it if they outright cut him.

If they outright cut him in the next few days, they are probably making room for SOMETHING.

Hell no

We might have an injury and need to keep Bowe.

You keep him around until you don't need him anymore or it's beneficial for the team to cut him.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 01:38 PM
It benefits the team, just not immediately.

How does it help a team anymore more than actually waiting until June 1st to cut the player?

BossChief
03-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Go look at what Hamas posted in this thread.

Over the years, Hamas has lost the ability to think positive thoughts about the Chiefs. He only sees the negative side of things.

The team has plenty of things to do to make room and has a lot of picks and a strong coaching staff to develop the talent.

I'm not as worried as he is.

Meatloaf
03-05-2015, 01:41 PM

BossChief, my guess is that they're making room as per the franchise tag on Houston. With his tender in place, I believe we are currently 5M over the cap, so we need to clear about 5M so that said tag is legit.

But who knows, perhaps they have other intentions too. In any event, we're definitely going to be clearing up more cap room as per other needs (eg. sign a FA, resign Hudson, resign Parker, etc.).

thabear04
03-05-2015, 01:45 PM
BossChief, my guess is that they're making room as per the franchise tag on Houston. With his tender in place, I believe we are currently 5M over the cap, so we need to clear about 5M so that said tag is legit.

But who knows, perhaps they have other intentions too. In any event, we're definitely going to be clearing up more cap room as per other needs (eg. sign a FA, resign Hudson, resign Parker, etc.).

Parker is asking to much to be sign.

Meatloaf
03-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Parker is asking to much to be sign.

Agreed if we're talking 6M range; that's too much. 3-4M, maybe.

Direckshun
03-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Again, I want to make something clear.

This team had one of the worst WR performances in NFL history in 2014.

So what we've done is RELEASE BOTH OF OUR STARTERS.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

MotherfuckerJones
03-05-2015, 01:53 PM
The WR core sucks. Needs revamped. We have plenty of picks. I want Maclin and then draft 2 more.

staylor26
03-05-2015, 01:53 PM

Holy. ****ing. Shit.

That's the ****ing point. Those starters didn't get the job done. I love Bowe, but he just isn't a great fit with Alex. I'd rather us get somebody that can consistently get separation.

Sassy Squatch
03-05-2015, 01:54 PM

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
And that's a bad thing?

Iowanian
03-05-2015, 01:54 PM
This has been pretty obvious as something that was going to happen.

The elephant in the room is what to do with Berry and his $8mil cap hit, and 0 chance of production this year. I feel for him as a human, but as a business the Chiefs need to do something there.

ChiefRocka
03-05-2015, 01:55 PM

Holy. ****ing. Shit.

yup, killed it with fire. good.

Iowanian
03-05-2015, 01:56 PM
0.....ZERO....None....NADA....0 Touchdowns caught by a Chiefs WR in MORE THAN A FULL SEASON

Urc Burry
03-05-2015, 01:56 PM

Holy. ****ing. Shit.

Yeah we are going to roll out with Albert Wilson and Da'Rick Rogers.

Jesus, can you guys not relax and see how it plays out? Bowe was extremely over paid and Avery wasn't worth his hit

BigChiefFan
03-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Why the fuck didn't they start the rebuild two years ago?

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 01:58 PM

http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/2012-Coaching-Cards/Hunt_Clark.jpg

Direckshun
That's the ****ing point. Those starters didn't get the job done. I love Bowe, but he just isn't a great fit with Alex. I'd rather us get somebody that can consistently get separation.

And that's a bad thing?

yup, killed it with fire. good.

You understand this means that this is the ENTIRETY of the Chiefs WR depth chart as of today:

Albert Wilson
De'Anthony Thomas

THAT

IS

IT.

Mr. Laz

Holy. ****ing. Shit.

of course we did

you can't sign new guys and push the starters to the bench

salary cap

you have to dump starters and replace them

Dorsey has to do a good job at replacing guys after letting them go

He failed at doing so with the Oline last year

If he fails the same way with the WR this year, we are screwed

Urc Burry
03-05-2015, 01:59 PM
You understand this means that this is the ENTIRETY of the Chiefs WR depth chart as of today:

Albert Wilson
De'Anthony Thomas

THAT

IS

IT.

Do you understand that free agency and the draft haven't started?

dirk digler
03-05-2015, 02:00 PM

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

To be fair they should cut the Top 2 QB's on the roster since they are as much to blame as the WR's.

jd1020
03-05-2015, 02:01 PM

Albert Wilson
De'Anthony Thomas

THAT

IS

IT.

Technically, DAT is listed as a RB.

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Do you understand that free agency and the draft haven't started?

And you know the Chiefs are going to have to make a lot of sacrifices just to get the money to pay Houston's tender as well as create space for draft picks, right?

raybec 4
03-05-2015, 02:03 PM

Albert Wilson
De'Anthony Thomas

THAT

IS

IT.

Da'Rick is there too

Urc Burry
03-05-2015, 02:03 PM
And you know the Chiefs are going to have to make a lot of sacrifices just to get the money to pay Houston's tender as well as create space for draft picks, right?

Define sacrifice. We are not going to lose anyone we need to get to that money.

BossChief
03-05-2015, 02:04 PM
This has been pretty obvious as something that was going to happen.

The elephant in the room is what to do with Berry and his $8mil cap hit, and 0 chance of production this year. I feel for him as a human, but as a business the Chiefs need to do something there.

Extend him for 6 years with Base salaries of league minimum the next 2 years, a signing bonus for his salary for 2015 and a roster bonus due next year or the year after.

Send a message that you have his back while creating cap room.

That clears around 4.7m

BossChief
03-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Should have drafted Bridgewater.

saphojunkie
03-05-2015, 02:06 PM

I'm pretty sure the draft pick space is already accounted for.

Cutting Devito and Bowe (post June 1) would create enough space. And please no one say how the cap space isn't opened until June - we know. But Houston doesn't have to sign his tender until June.

That's without cutting DanielSSS, without restructuring or cutting Hali, without extending Smith and converting salary to bonus. There's PLENTY this team can do.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2015, 02:06 PM
team is a mess

for good or bad this is all on Dorsey

3rd year of his 5 year rebuilding plan

team seems to be getting worse, not better imo

MotherfuckerJones
03-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Should have drafted Bridgewater.

This franchise will never do it again in round 1. They're too scared. They'd rather be mediocre with retreads.

BigChiefFan
http://prod.static.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/2012-Coaching-Cards/Hunt_Clark.jpg

And he said we needed to development and draft our QB. Talk is cheap. Our franchise is a sinking ship. Should have taken our lumps two years ago. Now we're further behind than if we would have just bitten the bullet then. This is a fucking disaster and costs us more in dead money that is just wasted. I'm close to throwing in the towel with these clowns.

Rain Man

Albert Wilson
De'Anthony Thomas

THAT

IS

IT.

That's barely 300 pounds of receiver on the roster.

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Define sacrifice. We are not going to lose anyone we need to get to that money.

Tamba Hali, Chase Daniel and Mike DeVito at a minimum.

That would leave Houston, Ford and Frank Zombo at OLB where Houston has expressed a willingness to sit out half the season if he doesn't sign with a team, Terrell Pryor at backup QB and then you're looking at overpaying Vickerson to shore up the DE spots.

stumppy
03-05-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm sorry if you think i was implying that the Chiefs paid Bowe just because CP wanted them to

I was commenting about the CP bitching, not the team's actions

I didnt think YOU were. Just a comment in general about some attitudes on here.

-King-
03-05-2015, 02:13 PM

Rebuild? What the fuck are you talking about? The Chiefs are the 3rd youngest team in the league.

RunKC
03-05-2015, 02:14 PM
"Randall Cobb or Jeremy Maclin will be a Chief this month"

I feel more and more confident hearing that. I think Dorsey will get one of them.

Just Passin' By
03-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Tamba Hali, Chase Daniel and Mike DeVito at a minimum.

That would leave Houston, Ford and Frank Zombo at OLB where Houston has expressed a willingness to sit out half the season if he doesn't sign with a team, Terrell Pryor at backup QB and then you're looking at overpaying Vickerson to shore up the DE spots.

Teams cut players. It happens every single year. When you're reduced to crying about Mike DeVito being cut for a $4m cap savings, especially when he only played one game last season, it's time to reassess your position.

MotherfuckerJones
03-05-2015, 02:15 PM
This thread has just fucked my mood all up. Got me all depressed about this team ROFL

-King-
03-05-2015, 02:17 PM
This thread has just fucked my mood all up. Got me all depressed about this team ROFL

Why? Was this unexpected for you or something?

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Rebuild? What the fuck are you talking about? The Chiefs are the 3rd youngest team in the league.

Team needs, with holes at positions in bold:

Offensive: LG, C, RT, WR, WR, TE.

Defensive: FS, ILB, NT, OLB, FS.

It's a roster that need rebuilt. Deal with it.

BossChief
03-05-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm surprised that so many weren't expecting this move.

Can't pay a WR 14m unless he's worth it to the score and ability to move the ball effectively.

You can get 3 high quality starters for that.

MotherfuckerJones
03-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Why? Was this unexpected for you or something?

Not at all. There's just no hope for us as long as we have Alex Smith.