PDA

View Full Version : Life Planet Fitness drops woman after complaining about transgender woman in locker room

Deberg_1990
03-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Agree or disagree?

MIDLAND, MI (WNEM) - It's a business that sells itself on being non-judgmental but Planet Fitness has allegedly revoked the membership of a woman for complaining.

Yvette Cormier, a member at the Midland location, says she had no idea what that meant until a few days ago.

"I was stunned and shocked. He looked like a man.. He did not look like a woman," Cormier said. Cormier is talking about a transgender woman who walked into the woman's locker room while she was getting undressed. She says she couldn't believe her eyes.

"This is very unprofessional. This is very scary," Cormier said.

Not knowing why the person was in the women's locker room, Cormier said she immediately complained to the front desk and eventually to corporate offices.

"They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that's the sex he wants to be," Cormier said.

Cormier said she understands that some men self-identify as women and some women self-identify as men, but said the person looked like a man and that caught her off guard.

Cormier lost her membership for violating the company's no judgement zone policy.

Moving forward, Cormier said she isn't concerned with getting her membership back. Her concern now is to warn other women at this gym to make them aware of this policy, because she says Planet Fitness failed to warn her.

The company told TV5 that Cormier's concerns about the policy regarding gender identity was inappropriate and disruptive by complaining to other members at the gym.

Representatives with Planet Fitness issued this statement:

"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was ccanceled"
Cormier said she had no idea that person was actually a transgender woman. She also said she had no idea Planet Fitness had a policy allowing transgender women to share locker rooms with women.

TV5 sat down with a well known member of the transgender community to get her take on how to avoid this issue moving forward.

Char Davenport is a professor at Saginaw Valley State University as well as Delta College. She's a prominent member of the transgender community. Davenport is also a transgender woman.

Davenport said she is not surprised by Cormier's reaction. At the same time she said she applauds Planet Fitness for understanding the needs of the transgender community.

According to Davenport, Planet Fitness and any other facility looking to support the transgender community, she insists they must have the proper facility so that supporting LGBT rights doesn't impose on those who may not have a full understanding of her community.

"Private showers and changing areas really would go a long way in resolving these issues," Davenport said.

Cormier said the issue is that Planet Fitness failed to warn her about the possibility they could be sharing a locker room with a member of the transgender community. Davenport feels pointing something like this out to customers could be construed as negative and again she said the proper facilities and changing areas make this issue a moot point.

In the end Davenport said she has no ill feeling towards Cormier, instead she said her concern is valid and most importantly, Davenport said it provides the opportunity for the public to learn more about the transgender community. Which hopefully will avoid a similar situation moving forward.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/28278233/planet-fitness-drops-member-after-gender-identity-complaint

RobBlake
03-06-2015, 07:49 PM
if you're a man whether you feel like it or not.. stay in the men room until a complete change is done. IMO

SAUTO
03-06-2015, 07:52 PM
All men should say they feel they are a woman, sincerely. Think of all the ass you could scope out at that place...

Not serious dumbasses.

If you look like a man you probably are. Facial hair for sure

RobBlake
03-06-2015, 08:21 PM
All men should say they feel they are a woman, sincerely. Think of all the ass you could scope out at that place...

Not serious dumbasses.

If you look like a man you probably are. Facial hair for sure

i wouldn't last a min if i tried that.. the glee and giddy laughing would result in a major ass stomping... there so much booty at the gym lol. I however respect that most girls at my gym.. although highly attractive.. are there to train.. not hook up

Bugeater
03-06-2015, 08:22 PM
If the person has junk, then that person shouldn't be in a women's dressing room. The woman should be dropping Planet Fitness, not the other way around.

RobBlake
03-06-2015, 08:25 PM
If the person has junk, then that person shouldn't be in a women's dressing room. The woman should be dropping Planet Fitness, not the other way around.

don't you know.. you can't object to things today.. you have to accept it or get pushed aside

Bugeater
03-06-2015, 08:29 PM
don't you know.. you can't object to things today.. you have to accept it or get pushed aside
But you can choose where you do business.

HoneyBadger
03-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, let's be nice to Bruce Jenner.

TrebMaxx
03-06-2015, 08:36 PM

But you can choose where you do business.

The other issue is that even if you wanted to open a business that would have a policy that would prevent a man that feels like a woman but still has his junk from entering the woman's locker room you would be sued and most likely lose your ass.

RobBlake
03-06-2015, 08:37 PM
The other issue is that even if you wanted to open a business that would have a policy that would prevent a man that feels like a woman but still has his junk from entering the woman's locker room you would be sued and most likely lose your ass.

and get labeled every type in the book and demonized

Demonpenz
03-06-2015, 09:10 PM
I always carry a jug of water and they said I couldn't carry that around planet fitness. They outlaw water?

Demonpenz
03-06-2015, 09:11 PM
@Ultrapeanut "Planet Fitness!" Dragon ball Z Yugi O Reference!

mdchiefsfan
03-06-2015, 09:14 PM
I always carry a jug of water and they said I couldn't carry that around planet fitness. They outlaw water?

Can't carry a gallon, a bottle is allowed.

Bowser
03-06-2015, 09:17 PM
@Ultrapeanut "Planet Fitness!" Dragon ball Z Yugi O Reference!

LMAO

Awesome. But this will probably keep Peanut away an additional six months now.

Demonpenz
03-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Can't carry a gallon, a bottle is allowed.

LOL I went there for a 3 day trial. Wouldn't be back

mdchiefsfan
03-06-2015, 09:20 PM
LOL I went there for a 3 day trial. Wouldn't be back

It is pretty dumb, don't really get it. I guess only jocks like to be fully hydrated when working out.

Demonpenz
03-06-2015, 09:22 PM
I coached little league football and I advised my boys to not use that gym. No squat rack at all.

noa
03-06-2015, 09:33 PM
I coached little league football and I advised my boys to not use that gym. No squat rack at all.

Get those kids front squatting kegs and skip the gym membership.
Posted via Mobile Device

RobBlake
03-06-2015, 09:44 PM
you cna't carry a gallon of water around? what in the eff?

Demonpenz
03-06-2015, 09:45 PM
there is no gymtimidation is what the reason was. Now I am not big daddy, but that shit was pussy

RobBlake
03-06-2015, 09:47 PM
there is no gymtimidation is what the reason was. Now I am not big daddy, but that shit was pussy

hahahahahah JFC, are you serious?

let me guess. you also can't yell in the gym to help push your buddy get an extra rep.. might hurt someones feelings

Just Passin' By
03-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Thanks to the OP for this thread. I was thinking about signing up at a local Planet Fitness, because it's cheaper than where I'm currently going. Now I won't.

RobBlake
03-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Thanks to the OP for this thread. I was thinking about signing up at a local Planet Fitness, because it's cheaper than where I'm currently going. Now I won't.

how much?

im currently payin 27/mo

Reaper16
03-06-2015, 10:12 PM

Your endurance -- your drive -- to stay in the race for Worst Human on Chiefsplanet is almost admirable.

Just Passin' By
03-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Your endurance -- your drive -- to stay in the race for Worst Human on Chiefsplanet is almost admirable.

Yes, my daring not to want men in the women's locker rooms and bathrooms is absolutely a sign that I'm a despicable human being. :rolleyes:

Go **** yourself.

Just Passin' By
03-06-2015, 10:24 PM
how much?

im currently payin 27/mo

30/mo

Why Not?
03-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Would rather.....actually, fuck it. I don't think I would rather(fill in)than read another Deberg thread is a thing anymore.

J Diddy
03-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Sometimes the lady three lockers down has a better body, sometimes she has a bigger dick.

mdchiefsfan
03-06-2015, 11:41 PM

let me guess. you also can't yell in the gym to help push your buddy get an extra rep.. might hurt someones feelings

You would be right in your assumption. Do you even left, bro? :D

ThaVirus
03-07-2015, 12:01 AM
How does Prison Bitch feel about this? I need to know

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 12:11 AM
"Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members.
Well, it doesn't do that apparently. Certainly not for the female who complained she wasn't appropriately informed.

mdchiefsfan
03-07-2015, 12:31 AM
Well, it doesn't do that apparently. Certainly not for the female who complained she wasn't appropriately informed.

Boom!

RobBlake
03-07-2015, 01:26 AM

haha i'm getting back into the groove... i'm eating all the time.. bulkin'

-King-
03-07-2015, 01:43 AM

You laugh but you're right. You really can't yell or grunt or drop weights too loud there or else an alarm will ring and you'll be kicked out. Seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

03-07-2015, 01:53 AM
If you are not going to warn the female members of the club about the fact a man will be in their locker room because he "feels like a woman" the club is at fault, not the woman who complained. Its absolute horseshit that they ended her membership. She should be firing them.

jspchief
03-07-2015, 03:30 AM
I don't really fault either side here. The business has a right to choose how they handle transgender people, and the lady has a right to feel uncomfortable about it. Personally, while I have a degree of compassion for transgendered, I think it's perfectly natural for someone to feel uncomfortable sharing a locker room with them. I don't know how a business could earnestly satisfy both sides on this issue.

BWillie
03-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Unreal. Im a pretty accepting individual but this shit has to stop. The sad part is its only going to get worse

BigRichard
03-07-2015, 06:26 AM
I got money that this doesn't end well for planet fitness if true.

http://i.imgur.com/MlHm0Zg.gif?1

Inspector
03-07-2015, 06:34 AM
I have a home gym and invite ladies to use it all the time.

They almost never do and usually just end up getting restraining orders instead.

Demonpenz
03-07-2015, 07:17 AM
cause you pump that veda shit.

Donger
03-07-2015, 08:47 AM
I don't see why there are separate locker rooms and bathrooms for the two sexes to begin with. They should be inclusive.

Fish
03-07-2015, 09:14 AM
It doesn't say whether the dangler was still around. I could see how that would make a difference. I think it's dumb to be so sensitive about our bodies, but meh..

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2015, 09:28 AM
I don't see why there are separate locker rooms and bathrooms for the two sexes to begin with. They should be inclusive.

exactly, I mean, by the very fact that Planet Mittens has a men's and a women's lockerroom is well, very judgemental.

Katipan
03-07-2015, 09:53 AM
What it says on their drivers license. That's the bathroom you go into. Put the time, money, blood, sweat, and tears to change your drivers license and then you too should be able to cruise the land of buttered popcorn.

CapsLockKey
03-07-2015, 10:06 AM
She seems to be the only member who has a problem with it. Would have been easier to just take her business elsewhere instead of making a big stink about it. Sounds like she went beyond just making a complaint to ownership. Warn other members? If it's so obvious it's a dude they should have no issue seeing for themselves.

Baby Lee
03-07-2015, 10:08 AM

right?

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:13 AM
She seems to be the only member who has a problem with it. Would have been easier to just take her business elsewhere instead of making a big stink about it. Sounds like she went beyond just making a complaint to ownership. Warn other members? If it's so obvious it's a dude they should have no issue seeing for themselves.

She probably is, since she said she didn't care about losing her membership.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:15 AM
I have a home gym and invite ladies to use it all the time.

They almost never do and usually just end up getting restraining orders instead.

:LOL: LMAO

Fish
03-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Ms. Delicate Sensibilities:

http://i57.tinypic.com/11vgrhg.jpg

BigRichard
03-07-2015, 10:16 AM

If they don't tell every female member when they sign up about the potential for something like that then I think it is BS. If they are warned and they still purchase the membership I would say that yes it should not be a big deal. I am guessing they don't. I think most people think they should only be seeing people of the same sex in their locker rooms and anything else is out of the norm.

If they are going that route they should just tell everyone that the lockers are co-ed.

ping2000
03-07-2015, 10:17 AM
So Planet Fitness will cater to the .00000000002% of the population that is transgender gym goers and offend a large portion of its female members. Sounds like a politically correct feel good policy that is also an incredibly dumb-ass marketing strategy. Good luck with that.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:18 AM
I know I would never join a gym that had inclusive bathrooms. Perhaps there should be a third bathroom. Call it "Both", "Mixed Gender", or "Confused" or something. The former would be used at a place like Planet Fitness.

BigRichard
03-07-2015, 10:18 AM
So Planet Fitness will cater to the .00000000002% of the population that is transgender gym goers and offend a large portion of its female members. Sounds like a politically correct feel good policy that is also an incredibly dumb-ass marketing strategy. Good luck with that.

Exactly

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:20 AM
If they don't tell every female member when they sign up about the potential for something like that then I think it is BS. If they are warned and they still purchase the membership I would say that yes it should not be a big deal. I am guessing they don't. I think most people think they should only be seeing people of the same sex in their locker rooms and anything else is out of the norm.

If they are going that route they should just tell everyone that the lockers are co-ed.

That's what the lady complained about and I agree. It's kinda like not telling you the ingredients on a package. Have a right to know what your purchasing or give a refund. Full disclosure, especially since it's such not been a common practice.

Other places can advertise how they do it which will draw the right crowds for business. Everyone finds something. Win/win. Just not necessarily from a business success pov.
Someone will make more.

CapsLockKey
03-07-2015, 10:23 AM
She probably is, since she said she didn't care about losing her membership.
But she does care about getting on her soap box and her 15 minutes of fame by contacting a TV station about it. Maybe if she would have read the policies in the contract before signing it she could have avoided the whole situation in the first place.

It says right in the OP this is in their policies. If she chose not to read them, that's on her.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:23 AM
:rolleyes:

For someone claiming to not be judgmental, you can sure be VERY judgmental.
How 'bout you try and at least understand her position with some respect.

stevieray
03-07-2015, 10:26 AM

because anything goes, and how dare anyone judge that.

BigRichard
03-07-2015, 10:27 AM
But she does care about getting on her soap box and her 15 minutes of fame by contacting a TV station about it. Maybe if she would have read the policies in the contract before signing it she could have avoided the whole situation in the first place.

It says right in the OP this is in their policies. If she chose not to read them, that's on her.

Maybe when you practice a very unusual thing that might make many people uncomfortable you should make a much larger announcement other than sticking it in small writing in your agreement. And I don't think it specifically stated they would allow dudes in the woman's locker room. It is BS and your and idiot.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:29 AM
But she does care about getting on her soap box and her 15 minutes of fame by contacting a TV station about it.

So

Maybe if she would have read the policies in the contract before signing it she could have avoided the whole situation in the first place.

It's so uncommon why would anyone think to check for something like that in the fine print, particularly when those contracts are the usual standard boilerplate. This sort of change from the usual, needs more attention drawn to it. I don't call that enough information to be appropriately informed if it's buried in fine print.

Let's start with the symbols used on these bathrooms:
How are the bathrooms labeled? Why do they even have separate rooms. Why not just one room then? Seems inconsistent to me.

Sorry, but what you call her soap box is also called word-of-mouth advertising—the most powerful. She has every right to alert others too.

Demonpenz
03-07-2015, 10:31 AM
she should never travel outside the U.S.

CapsLockKey
03-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Maybe when you practice a very unusual thing that might make many people uncomfortable you should make a much larger announcement other than sticking it in small writing in your agreement. And I don't think it specifically stated they would allow dudes in the woman's locker room. It is BS and your and idiot.
If this was the mid west sure, but this took place in Miami. Not so unusual in south Florida.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:32 AM
She seems to be the only member who has a problem with it.

There may be more, we don't know that. Not everyone speaks up. Some probably already voted with their feet. Or maybe they hadn't encountered a similar situation yet.

Demonpenz
03-07-2015, 10:32 AM
The thing about planet fitness is this is their deal. No Judgement. So it is a great time to show them they walk the walk.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:33 AM
If this was the mid west sure, but this took place in Miami. Not so unusual in south Florida.

How do you know if this particular practice not that unusual in Miami, despite being so liberal toward the gay community.

Have you ever been there?

I have including to work for awhile and haven't seen it. I'll have to ask my daughter if she has as well, since most of her friends are Hispanics from there, who happen to be practicing Christians. She visits them there.

Demonpenz
03-07-2015, 10:38 AM
It's not even unusual in the mid-west this lady just made a stink about it. Most people are like. Yep that's a dick/pussy and move on to something else.

Al Bundy
03-07-2015, 10:39 AM
This will all be over in about a week when someone else does something stupid.

CapsLockKey
03-07-2015, 10:39 AM
How do you know if this particular practice not that unusual in Miami, despite being so liberal toward the gay community.

Have you ever been there?

I have including to work for awhile and haven't seen it. I'll have to ask my daughter if she has as well, since most of her friends are Hispanics from there, who happen to be practicing Christians. She visits them there.
So I'm liberal because some mouthy broad was handed the policies of a business, she didn't agree with one of them, signed up anyway then complains to a tv station because said business applied their policies.

Me personally would not sign up for a gym that allows it in the first place.

We fire people all the time at my work for breaking policies. I didn't read it or you didn't warn me enough is not an excuse to keep your job.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:42 AM
It's not even unusual in the mid-west this lady just made a stink about it. Most people are like. Yep that's a dick/pussy and move on to something else.

Have you surveyed this to know that as a fact?

Judging from the reactions in this thread alone, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I haven't seen it yet. I had a membership in a gym and haven't seen it. Thank gawd there's places like "Curves." I can just see a planned lawsuit on that place my activists to get it into the courts to boss them around on such a thing forcing them to accept the practice. You bet it's coming.

I think I will conduct a little survey, since I work all over a large portion of the country.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:43 AM
So I'm liberal because some mouthy broad was handed the policies of a business, she didn't agree with one of them, signed up anyway then complains to a tv station because said business applied their policies.

Me personally would not sign up for a gym that allows it in the first place.

I was describing Miami area as being liberal not you. I'm gonna ask you to read that again in that context.

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2015, 10:43 AM
she should never travel outside the U.S.

mr. world traveler, or ms. world traveler has spoken... lol. funny, you don't seem like a world traveler. You are a complete BSer, and good at it, but I don't believe for a second you have one clue about what it's like in the majority of other countries around the world.

Demonpenz
03-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Yes. Especially at the westport one.

Fish
03-07-2015, 10:45 AM

I've never made such claims. Quit judging me.

Demonpenz
03-07-2015, 10:45 AM
mr. world traveler, or ms. world traveler has spoken... lol. funny, you don't seem like a world traveler. You are a complete BSer, and good at it, but I don't believe for a second you have one clue about what it's like in the majority of other countries around the world.

Follow my instagram. Austria had same sex showers for the high schoolers.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:46 AM
I've never made such claims. Quit judging me.

I don't claim to be completely non-judgmental. You were. Stop pretending to be Mr. Full Acceptance.

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2015, 10:47 AM

so, that's one country... and many european countries are liberal in how they approach this subject. But that is still far from being representative of the entire world.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:48 AM

Europe has always been different on public nudity and for a long time. They think Americans are prudes. They just completely strip down at beach parties even. Men and women. I was appalled.

MahiMike
03-07-2015, 10:49 AM
It's official. The weirdos have won. Just like the terrorists.

lewdog
03-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Can't wait for this place to go out of business. What a joke to anything fitness related.

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Europe has always been different on public nudity and for a long time. They think Americans are prudes. They just completely strip down at beach parties even. Men and women. I was appalled.

If I had to shower with girls (when I was that age) I could not do it. Why? Because I'd be a walking boner the whole time. Ever try to walk around with a huge boner... well, I'm just saying, it's awkward.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 10:54 AM
If I had to shower with girls (when I was that age) I could not do it. Why? Because I'd be a walking boner the whole time. Ever try to walk around with a huge boner... well, I'm just saying, it's awkward.

I don't even know what it's like to walk around with a flaccid boner either. ;)

I did see it watching "Bad Grandpa" last night though, including dancing with one.

Just Passin' By
03-07-2015, 10:55 AM

Europe's open nudity has long been overhyped over here. It's not as relaxed and open as some try to imply it is.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Europe's open nudity has long been overhyped over here. It's nowhere near as relaxed and open as some try to imply it is.

Well you coulda' fooled me because I saw it first-hand. I couldn't even find a beach in Greece where there was a single bathing suit on anyone.

Then I booked one of those beach parties on a Greek boat that took you to a tiny remote island. As soon as we hit shallow water the Euros: Brits, Germans, Italians and Scandinavians started stripping everything single thing off while jumping in. They remained like that the duration of the picnic—including men standing around a campfire roasting brats and sausages on sticks. With all the booze I sat at that campfire toasting something and between the brats and their standing naked bodies ...well...let's just say it got confusing.

Don Corlemahomes
03-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Well you coulda' fooled me because I saw it first-hand. I couldn't even find a beach in Greece where there was a single bathing suit on anyone.

Then I booked one of those beach parties on a Greek boat that took you to a tiny remote island. As soon as we hit shallow water the Euros: Brits, Germans, Italians and Scandinavians started stripping everything single thing off while jumping in. They remained like that the duration of the picnic—including men standing around a campfire roasting brats and sausages on sticks. With all the booze I sat at that campfire toasting something and between the brats and their standing naked bodies ...well...let's just say it got confusing.

So you're saying you got your fill of sausage

Just Passin' By

The open nudity varies from country to country, and even region to region.

Katipan
Did you bite the wrong weiner, BEP?

I mean, it happens to the best of us sometimes.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 11:11 AM

I managed to eat my own but I struggled for a while in the blur of the night.

Here's another:

Another location: Going to a cafe just behind the beach—you'd think they'd put something on. Well it was cafeteria style but there was this pumpkin-shaped older man. I nearly squirted mustard on his weiner by accident, thinking it was mine. Then I would have had to rub it off. :D

Katipan
03-07-2015, 11:12 AM
hahahaha

I can get ketchup to come out but I'm still working on the mustard.

Canofbier
03-07-2015, 11:13 AM

http://i57.tinypic.com/11vgrhg.jpg

LMAO

She looks EXACTLY like I pictured her while reading the story. Just another bored, over-primped housewife whose sole purpose in life is to complain loudly and make everyone else miserable. Anybody who has ever worked in a customer-facing service job knows the type.

I don't really fault either side here. The business has a right to choose how they handle transgender people, and the lady has a right to feel uncomfortable about it. Personally, while I have a degree of compassion for transgendered, I think it's perfectly natural for someone to feel uncomfortable sharing a locker room with them. I don't know how a business could earnestly satisfy both sides on this issue.

This is the most reasonable view on the matter, I think. Planet Fitness has every right to define their policies in whatever manner represents their values and viewpoints best.

Still, I could see it being an uncomfortable experience for some, especially if they hadn't read the club's policies and weren't expecting it.

That being said, she's making herself look like an entitled moron by publicly complaining about a policy that she was perfectly capable of discovering for herself ahead of time.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 11:16 AM
The open nudity varies from country to country, and even region to region.

Which is why I pointed out how that crowd of Europeans were from mixed regions of Europe. They are definitely freer than Americans, if you wanna call it that. If you prefer looser or more degraded—whatever. They are just different about such things.

I can also tell you, having been a temporary double-major (Art/Design & French) when studying French Civilization as a required course, that the French think we're more prudish. Men feel free to pee right out in an open city street. They just turn toward a wall but still out in the open street.

Even advertising over there, in Britain, France and Germany is more overt talking about other body parts and functions than we are. It's covered in advertising text books even. They mock us for it too.

Baby Lee
03-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Go for the one next to the can of shaving cream

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 11:19 AM
That being said, she's making herself look like an entitled moron by publicly complaining about a policy that she was perfectly capable of discovering for herself ahead of time.

In your opinion, of course.

Explain how easy it was to discover this policy? Was it in the fine print, were the restrooms labeled as such? Even if a store doesn't post a return policy clearly in a location that's easy for the consumer to see, they don't win if taken to court. Seems to be a lack of information on this aspect, but I'd like to know.

Canofbier
03-07-2015, 11:27 AM
In your opinion, of course.

Explain how easy it was to discover this policy? Was it in the fine print, were the restrooms labeled as such? Even if a store doesn't post a return policy clearly in a location that's easy for the consumer to see, they don't win if taken to court.

I'm making the assumption that it's in the membership documentation somewhere. It's her responsibility - not Planet Fitness's - to understand the terms of her membership before signing up.

I understand that most people don't thoroughly read those things before signing them, but in this case she can just send her membership and sign up somewhere else that meets her needs better. She has no justification to raise a public sink about it.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm making the assumption that it's in the membership documentation somewhere. It's her responsibility - not Planet Fitness's - to understand the terms of her membership before signing up.

I understand that most people don't thoroughly read those things before signing them, but in this case she can just send her membership and sign up somewhere else that meets her needs better. She has no justification to raise a public sink about it.

That's already been mentioned to which I responded she didn't care that she lost her membership—but that she was not appropriately informed. Apparently the other women she told, didn't know either. So this is a NON isssue as far as I am concerned and she seems to be fine with it as well.

I am gonna have to disagree, about it all being on her to find it in some fine print. That doesn't get them off the hook with me . There's more that needs to be known but I think due to her reaction there was inadequate information for an practice that is not widespread or common yet.

lewdog
03-07-2015, 11:33 AM
If she was really serious about fitness, she shouldn't have gone to Planet Fitness in the first place. She did this to herself!!!

Fire Me Boy!
03-07-2015, 11:34 AM
What it says on their drivers license. That's the bathroom you go into. Put the time, money, blood, sweat, and tears to change your drivers license and then you too should be able to cruise the land of buttered popcorn.

While food in theory, wouldn't work. There are still some states that require DL to match what it says on the birth certificate, even after SRS.

Baby Lee
03-07-2015, 11:34 AM
It's her responsibility - not Planet Fitness's - to understand the terms of her membership before signing up.

Heeah come deh CUTTleFEEEESH!!!!

http://divi.gxrg.org/nih/human-centipede-south-park-cuttlefish-i12.jpg

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 11:41 AM
If she was really serious about fitness, she shouldn't have gone to Planet Fitness in the first place. She did this to herself!!!

Perhaps. It's not like she complained about a TG being the gym though. Just that a man (biologically speaking as what's going on their minds is not obvious) was in the ladies lockeroom.

I'm glad that word-of-mouth is advertising their policies better than they did. The more it's known the better off others are in making an informed choice.

wazu
03-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Good for Planet Fitness. Lady sounds like a busybody. Just live and let live.

TimBone
03-07-2015, 11:54 AM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/07/b635daa948388939b3251320983d4210.jpg

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Good for Planet Fitness. Lady sounds like a busybody. Just live and let live.

I'm fine on respecting PF's policies and practicing live and let live. I am NOT fine on them being unclear. That's part of the live and let live deal, imo.

Don't you think?

All I ask is that the merchant's policy or sales contract clearly state their policy especially one like this. Then appropriately label their change rooms.

Mr. Laz
03-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Planet Fitness was screwed no matter what they did

lawsuit either way

J Diddy
03-07-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm fine on respecting PF's policies and practicing live and let live. I am NOT fine on them being unclear. That's part of the live and let live deal, imo.

Don't you think?

All I ask is that the merchant's policy or sales contract clearly state their policy especially one like this. Then appropriately label their change rooms.

Go back to DC, geez.

From whence you came
you shall remain
until you are
complete again!

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Go back to DC, geez.

From whence you came
you shall remain
until you are
complete again!

I was in the Lounge most of the time before I went into DC. So I didn't come from there. I just was absent from the Lounge for awhile. I am not doing anything in here that others aren't doing.

Donger
03-07-2015, 12:44 PM

No one forced you to watch, Donger-peeker.

Katipan
03-07-2015, 12:48 PM
While food in theory, wouldn't work. There are still some states that require DL to match what it says on the birth certificate, even after SRS.

That sucks. People shouldn't HAVE to move to live their life.

er...um... unless you like pot.

The Franchise
03-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Why would you go to a gym that has a pizza night?

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 12:54 PM
No one forced you to watch, Donger-peeker.

I tried not to, but I wanted to eat what they provided which had to be cooked. Plus it was difficult with no one in a bathing suit except me and my partner. We were the only Americans for that event.

I only desire full disclosure before paying and signing up. Not that the merchant required that. It was just a unknown cultural difference.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 12:55 PM

'Cause it's cauliflower pizza crust night. :p

J Diddy
03-07-2015, 12:55 PM

Why fucking wouldn't you?

Katipan
03-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Would guys have an objection to me hanging out in the men's locker room?

Sometimes I think I have a pair.

Fire Me Boy!
03-07-2015, 01:18 PM

Need pics and a detailed explanation of what you'd be doing in said locker room.

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 01:18 PM

Just make sure you put a strap-on before entering.

Fish
03-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Whenever I join a new gym, the first thing I ask them about is their transexual policy.

Anybody with that Pat look should have to prove their genitals.

Donger
03-07-2015, 01:44 PM

I'd be scared stiff.

Katipan
03-07-2015, 01:48 PM
128 rules... They could have mentioned transgender in there. For that matter, they could have referenced men or women.

Unless theres a separate sheet?

http://www.planetfitness.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Rules-download.pdf

Club Rules
All members must fill in a Physical Activity Readiness
Questionnaire (PARQ) before using our Club for the first
time. If you are found to be moderate risk or high risk
we will ask you to give us a medical clearance certificate
before you start training.
It is recommended that you please check with your
healthcare provider before you start a new fitness
programme. You should have a physical exam to see if
you have any health risks.
Please ensure you receive your 30 minute free Personal
Training session with one of our qualified trainers.
Please ensure that you spend time to warm up before
exercise and cool down after your routine. You stand the
risk of damaging your muscles or straining your heart if
you don’t warm up.
If you experience acute pain, dizziness, sudden headache
or chest pain, stop exercising immediately and inform a
staff member.
Please inform your Club if there are any changes in your
medical condition.
General Club Use
Please take note of the operating hours displayed at each
Club. Opening and closing times may vary from Club to
Club.
Pets (other than guide dogs) are not permitted.
Firearms or other weapons are not permitted.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on Club premises.
You may not take any photographs or videos. Use of
camera phones is not permitted in any facility.
You may not bring alcohol or drugs into our Clubs.
You may not sell and/or market any product or service to
other members while in our Clubs.
You consent to us using your image if taken during photo
shoots.
The use of Planet Fitness’ logo for promotional, marketing
or advertising means is prohibited.
Access Policy
An access tag will be issued to you when you join.
All members must have their photograph taken for the
access tag.
Every time you enter our Clubs please use your access
tag.
Please report a lost or stolen tag to your nearest Club. A
replacement tag will be issued but you will be charged a
replacement tag fee.
If you come to a Club without your access tag
you will be asked for a photo ID. We only allow
entry with your ID three consecutive times, after which a
new access tag will be issued at the going rate.
No one else may use your access tag.
Unfortunately you or your dependants cannot enter our
Club if your membership fees are not up to date or if we
have terminated, suspended or frozen your membership.
Children’s Access
Children between 6 months and 6 years will be cared for
in our supervised child care facility, Planet Kids/Planet Play.
Children between the age of 13 and 18 years, will have
free access to the Club, provided that their parent(s) are
members in good standing and payments are current.
The membership type of a dependant will be the same as
that of their parent(s). Access to the Club includes access
to Planet Play/Planet kids facilities where available. Planet
Splash requires a separate membership. Facilities vary
from club to club.
Children under the age of 8 years may not use any
equipment in the Club.
Adult members take preference over junior members
at all times with regards to the use of all equipment and
facilities.
Children may only use the supervised child care facility
for a maximum of 2 hours per day.
Parents/legal guardians must sign their children into the
child care facility and must present their access tag. Only
the same parent is permitted to sign the child out of the
supervised area.
Planet Kids /Planet Play operating hours are displayed at
each club and may vary.
Junior members using Planet Play/Planet Kids are required
to observe the Club’s rules and will be required to
complete a risk screening assessment before using the
facilities. Where applicable per Club.
Parent(s)/legal guardian(s) may be asked to remove their
child from Planet Kids/Planet Play, if in the opinion of our
staff, the child is upset, ill or disruptive.
Parents may not stay in the Planet Play/Planet Kids facility
longer than 5 minutes. A maximum of 10 minutes is
permitted should they be settling a baby or child. Parents
are not permitted to supervise any of the activities in
these facilities.
Children’s Access Age Restrictions
4 years and older:
Are not permitted to accompany their parent/guardian
into the change room of the opposite gender.
8 – 13 years:
May use all cardiovascular equipment except treadmills.
This cardiovascular equipment may only be used outside
of peak times and preference must always be given to
adult members.
May participate in age-appropriate programmes and
classes on the gym floor, if being led by a Planet Fitness
recognised fitness professional.
May use the swimming pool and squash courts in
off-peak hours if accompanied and supervised by their
parent(s)/legal guardian(s).
May not participate in any Group Exercise or Indoor
Cycling classes.
May not use the sauna or steam room.
Are not allowed on the gym floor, except when using the
permitted cardiovascular equipment or if participating in
an age-appropriate programme or class led by a Planet
Fitness recognized fitness professional.
Between 14 and 15 years:
May use all cardiovascular equipment.
May use all the strength equipment on the gym floor but
only under the supervision of the parent/legal guardian
or if participating in a programme supervised by a
Planet Fitness recognised fitness professional. The only
equipment that may not
be used by this age bracket is Vibration training
plates, which is limited to use from the age of 16 years
only.
16 - 18 years:
Have access to all equipment and facilities within the
Club; except the sun beds which are limited to members
over the age of 18 years. Must abide by the Club rules
and adults get preference on equipment..
18 years +
Will not have access on the family membership and will
need to rejoin on a student rate or take out their own
membership.
Student rates
Students, between 18 and 21 years will qualify for student
rates on presentation of a valid student ID.
Student rates will apply up to the age of 25 years.
Guest Policy
Normal Guests accessing the facility will be required to
pay guest fees.
Normal Guests must pay guest fee, fill in a Welcome
Card, and provide a copy of their SA ID before entering
the Club.
Black Tag Guests must sign the Guest Control every time
they access the facility.
Members must accompany their Black Tag Guest at all
times, be responsible for their behaviour and make sure
they adhere to our Rules and Regulations.
All guests must be over 18 years of age.
Behaviour In Our Clubs
You may not enter the Club or use the facilities
whilst under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or
performance-enhancing drugs.
You must not use foul, loud, or abusive language, and you
must not physically or sexually abuse, or harass other
members, guests, visitors, tenants or members of staff.
You will have to pay for any damage caused by you, your
dependants and your guests while in the Club.
Only one individual in a shower cubicle at any one time
please (unless it’s your own child under the age of four).
Suitable and appropriate exercise clothing must be worn
at all times while exercising in a Club. T-shirt/vests and
closed training shoes (no slops) must be worn at all times
(except in the wet areas).
While training on the circuit please use the equipment in
numerical order and move according to the timer.
Replace all equipment and weights.
Parking
Parking is only for members and guests while using Club
facilities.
Please park in designated parking bays where applicable. If
your car is not parked properly, it may be clamped and a
fee charged for its release.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss, theft and/
or damage to vehicles and/or valuables left in vehicles or
any other mode of transport of members or their guests
whilst on Club premises or in any parking area designated
for use by members or their guests.
Use of Lockers And Personal Belongings
Lockers are provided in the change rooms to store your
gear while you train and smaller valuable lockers are also
provided for your wallet, keys, sunglasses, cell phone, etc.
(Please bring your own padlock.) We do not undertake
that the use of a locker or valuables locker will guarantee
Rules and Regulations
that theft of or damage to your property will not occur.
Please check that your personal insurance policy covers
you for loss of personal effects. We do not accept
responsibility for any loss or theft of money or loss or
damage to personal property of members or their guests
whether locked in a locker or otherwise.
Do not leave your belongings unattended in the change
rooms or anywhere else in the Club at any time and
report any lost item immediately to a staff member.
Lockers may only be used for keeping gym kits, toiletries
and the clothing that you were wearing when you came
to the Club.
Management reserves the right to open a locker, if we
have reasonable grounds for thinking that a locker is being
used for storage of something else, we may open the
locker and remove any items.
Any belongings left in a locker overnight, will be removed
and donated to charity if they are not collected within 14
days.
Any belongings removed or left unattended will be
available at lost property at your Club for 14 days. If
you do not collect it within this time, we will donate it to
charity.
Use of Equipment
Please use the equipment for its intended purpose and
follow the instructions provided. Do ask for help if you
need it.
Please inspect equipment before use and do not use
the equipment if it appears damaged and/or inoperable
or any component appears to be missing, worn and/or
damaged.
Please report damaged equipment to a staff member.
When using strength equipment make sure that the
weight pin is completely inserted. Never pin the weight
stack in an elevated position. Inspect all cables, straps and
other connections.
Please do not use dumbbells or any other equipment,
other than equipment specifically provided by the
manufacturer, to incrementally increase weight resistance
on strength equipment.
Ensure that the belt has come to a complete stop before
stepping onto or getting off a treadmill.
Handle weights and equipment with care and replace
after use.
While completing a circuit, move with the timer and use
the equipment in numerical order.
Please observe the time limits if specified on equipment.
No food, drinks or bags are allowed on the training floor,
with the exception of plastic water bottles and sports
drinks.
Please use a sweat towel at all times and wipe equipment
after use.
Use Of Studios
Some classes may need to be pre-booked or may have
maximum head-counts. Class timetables and instructors
may change from time to time without notice. Please
check the Club notice boards or website for all the latest
details.
Please arrive a few minutes early for a class as you may
not be allowed to join in if you are more than 5 minutes
late.
Please ensure that you have warmed up.
It is at the discretion of the instructor to let you partake
in a class or not.
Once a class is in progress, no members are allowed to
enter a class.
Vibration Plates
Please read and observe the guidelines displayed near
the vibration plate equipment and consult a doctor if you
are concerned about your health risk prior to using the
equipment.
Children under the age of 16 years may not use the
vibration plates.
Indoor Cycling
Only one cycle may be booked per member where
available.
First come, first serve basis.
Please arrive a few minutes early for a class as you may
not be allowed to join in if you are more than 5 minutes
late.
Please ensure that you have warmed up.
It is at the discretion of the instructor to let you partake
in a class or not.
Once a class is in progress, no members are allowed to
enter a class.
Squash Courts
Court bookings are for 45 minute sessions only.
One session per game allowed to be booked at peak
times.
Bookings are recorded on the booking sheet at Club
Reception. Bookings can only be made a maximum of 24
hours in advance.
R50 deposit will be payable when booking squash for the
first time. This R50 booking fee is refundable (on proof of
receipt), should you decide not to play any more. The R50
will be forfeited should you not arrive for your squash
booking.
If you need to cancel, please tell the Club no less than
one hour prior to your booking.
If you do not arrive within 10 minutes of your booked
court time, then the court might be allocated to other
members.
Appropriate squash shoes with non-marking soles must
be worn on the courts.
Personal Training
If you’re interested in getting a Personal Trainer, you will
find all the details of our authorised trainers on the
Personal Training Boards. You can contact them directly,
or ask at Reception and we will gladly hook you up with
someone.
Planet Fitness offers both employed Personal Trainers
and Independently Contracted Personal Trainers, please
ensure to ask your Personal Trainer what his/her status
is. If you are working with an employed Personal Trainer,
your fees need to be paid to Planet Fitness directly, if your
Personal Trainer is Independent please be advised you will
be paying the Personal Trainer directly.
Only authorised Planet Fitness Personal Trainers are
permitted to provide personal training in our Clubs.
Personal Training by another member is not allowed
whether it’s for payment or not. If we find someone
providing unauthorised Personal Training, our Club
Manager will investigate and you and the trainer may be
expelled or suspended.
If a Personal Trainer leaves Planet Fitness, his/her members
will be re-allocated to another Personal Trainer in the
Club, no refund will be given.
Swimming Pool
No lifeguard supervision is provided at Planet Fitness.
Children under the age of 14 years must be supervised
by an adult at all times.
The pool area may be slippery when wet, so please be
careful when entering.
Please shower before entering the pool, wear a swimming
cap and costume and observe any swimming direction
displayed in the pool area.
When sharing a lane please swim in an anti-clockwise
direction.
Please do not jump or dive into the swimming pool or
run around it.
You may not use the pool if you have a communicable
disease.
Please do not use balls, floats or inflatables other than
those provided by the Club.
Babies and toddlers must wear aqua nappies or
specifically designed baby swim trunks.
Swimming pool lanes may be reserved for swim schools.
Please check the notice board or at Reception for details
and class times.
Sauna And Steam Room
Children under the age of 14 years may not use the
sauna or steam room.
If you are elderly or pregnant or suffer from heart disease,
diabetes, high or low blood pressure or any other serious
medical condition you are advised not to use the sauna
or steam room.
Please:
• Shower
before
entering
the
sauna,
steam
room;
• Sit
on
a
towel
when
using
the
sauna
or
steam
room;
• Observe
a
reasonable
time
limit.
Ten
minutes
or
until
perspiration begins is recommended – after which you
should shower and cool down, and if you wish, return for
another brief stay;
• Never
use
oils,
creams
or
cosmetic
products
in
the
sauna
or steam room;
• Never
shave
or
exfoliate;
• Never
dry
clothing
or
towels
in
the
sauna;
• Always
wear
a
costume
or
cover
your
body
with
a
towel
when using the steam room or sauna;
• Don’t
touch
the
sauna
hot
rock
unit.
Sun Beds
Sun beds can be booked at the Club Reception.
Please read and observe the written guidelines displayed
in the sun bed rooms and consult a doctor if you are
unsure about safe levels of exposure for your own skin
type.
The exposure to UVA radiation (as emitted by sun beds)
may predispose you to UVA damage, which may be
linked to the development of skin cancer.
Sun beds may only be used by members over the age of
18 years.
By utilising the sun bed facility, the user warrants that he/
she is physically and medically fit to proceed with the
normal routine of sunbathing, artificially or otherwise,
and acknowledges that Planet Fitness will not be held
responsible for any injury or loss to their person or
property whether through negligence and/or omissions
on the part of Planet Fitness and/or any employee, and/or
any agent for any reason whatsoever.
Safety
Please do not tamper with fire doors or any safety
devices.
Please follow the health and safety notices displayed
throughout the Club.
Please take note of the emergency procedures. If there is
an emergency, please follow the staff ’s instructions at all
times.
Please do not run in the Club. Be aware of the different
floor surfaces that you move across as you walk through
the Club. As ongoing cleaning and maintenance will
be taking place, related tools and equipment may be
hazardous, and some floor surfaces may be wet and
therefore slippery. Proceed with caution in these areas.
Please report all injuries/incidents and/or any hazards to a
staff member.
General
Time restrictions apply to Off-peak Memberships. Please
refer to club times for details.
Please contact your home Club or our Customer Call
Centre on 0861 Gym4Me (496463) or log on to www.
planetfitness.co.za if you would like further details of the
different membership types.
We reserve absolute discretion when approving
membership applications.
Complaints should be made to the Club General
Manager or through the Customer Call Centre on 0861
Gym4Me (496463).

They do however have BLACK TAG GUESTS that have to be accompanied everywhere they go.

That was pretty funny.

Katipan
03-07-2015, 01:59 PM
I'd be scared stiff.

It wouldn't take much for me to snap you with a wet towel.

kysirsoze
03-07-2015, 02:41 PM
If you are not going to warn the female members of the club about the fact a man will be in their locker room because he "feels like a woman" the club is at fault, not the woman who complained. Its absolute horseshit that they ended her membership. She should be firing them.

It sounds like it was an open policy. Maybe they could have reminded her of it instead of cancelling her, but we also didn't see in what way she "complained". Of course she now paints it as totally innocent, but there's a chance she was hateful and rude. Who knows?

03-07-2015, 02:42 PM
It sounds like it was an open policy. Maybe they could have reminded her of it instead of cancelling her, but we also didn't see in what way she "complained". Of course she now paints it as totally innocent, but there's a chance she was hateful and rude. Who knows?
That's a good point.

Donger
03-07-2015, 03:07 PM
It wouldn't take much for me to snap you with a wet towel.

That's true. A Wet Wipe or small washcloth would probably do it.

mdchiefsfan
03-07-2015, 03:10 PM

Agreed. For all we know she came out of the locker room shouting obscenities and creating a scene.

eDave
03-07-2015, 03:14 PM
That's true. A Wet Wipe or small washcloth would probably do it.

Dude, she was saying you have a large dork.

cosmo20002
03-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Do you even lift, bros?

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Whenever I join a new gym, the first thing I ask them about is their transexual policy.

LMAO :LOL:

Wow how thing have changed!

BucEyedPea
03-07-2015, 03:30 PM
128 rules... They could have mentioned transgender in there. For that matter, they could have referenced men or women.

Unless there's a separate sheet?

http://www.planetfitness.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Rules-download.pdf

They do however have BLACK TAG GUESTS that have to be accompanied everywhere they go.

That was pretty funny.

No wonder they needed a Public Relations professional to state their non-intimidation policy. It's not there at all that I saw.

I saw this:

You must not use foul, loud, or abusive language, and you must not physically or sexually abuse, or harass other members, guests, visitors, tenants or members of staff.

I see two things with this part of their rules:

• They thought her complain was harassment to members of the staff and other members.

• But they didn't see that she felt harassed by a guy with a dick in the women's room where they change and undress. I mean if men can barely flirt in a work office these days, seeing their dicks must fall under that too. LMAO

Hammock Parties
03-08-2015, 03:46 PM
LOL

http://appropriately-inappropriate.tumblr.com/post/113093495050/heres-the-man-who-was-in-the-womens-locker-room

http://media.tumblr.com/64a8b5c530e2fb38da57d9b11fd50799/tumblr_inline_nkwmynx5iJ1rmyikz.png

http://media.tumblr.com/5b5318ea04f35705d835fb3565eb89fe/tumblr_inline_nkwn01MUOC1rmyikz.png

http://media.tumblr.com/f63c9d845e49f4a76c8b79ae7ae5e098/tumblr_inline_nkwn218LEP1rmyikz.png

http://media.tumblr.com/33b6c5fb5eafc38d1d2208792e5ce997/tumblr_inline_nkwmxcuadR1rmyikz.png

Canofbier
03-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Good lord. LMAO That changes things just a bit.

Bugeater
03-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Sooo...a non-member cross dressing heterosexual male entering the women's dressing room is fine, but a paying member complaining about it isn't? Nice business model.

Deberg_1990
03-08-2015, 04:05 PM
WhoA!

BucEyedPea
03-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Oi vey!

Katipan
03-08-2015, 04:25 PM
It literally changes nothing for me.

All he had to say was "I identify as a woman" and the door would be openeth. If a declaration is the only necessary requirement to get into a locker room, can we make it something fun like "Open Sesame?"

Just Passin' By
03-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Sooo...a non-member cross dressing heterosexual male entering the women's dressing room is fine, but a paying member complaining about it isn't? Nice business model.

Reaper is going to call you a terrible human being now. Prepare to cry.

Bugeater
03-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Reaper is going to call you a terrible human being now. Prepare to cry.
Meh...he's already called me that numerous times in the past.

Really though, it's the non-member part that I find the most damning. Everything else aside I can't imagine why a non-member has any reason to be in a dressing room regardless of sexual identification/orientation.

Bugeater
03-08-2015, 05:49 PM
The leaving a bag in the room thing is creepy too, the perv probably had a hidden camera in it.