PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Beloved: Your Favorite Chiefs. Round 1, Heat 23. Offensive Line, Part 4

Rain Man
03-07-2015, 04:58 PM
This is the last heat of Round 1. Pick your favorites.

Remember - FAVORITE, not necessarily best. The guys you liked the most for whatever reason.

Rain Man
03-07-2015, 05:09 PM
My top three:

#1 - Jack Rudnay. He was an undersized guy who kept making pro bowls, but I particularly liked him because I think he was the last Chief from the Super Bowl roster, and the only one that I saw as an adult. He was the Chiefs' center throughout all of my childhood.

#2 - John Tait. Bust at left tackle? Probably, but then again no one would beat out Willie Roaf. He was a mobile right tackle for us who fit what Priest needed.

#3 - John Welbourn. There had to be steroids or HGH there, right? He was enormous. He looked big compared to the other linemen. I know he wasn't the best, but he seemed like one of those big blue collar kids that you see in gang musicals that you always want on your side.

Honorable mention:

Dave Hill. I almost gave Dave my #3 spot. He was a fixture for the good Chiefs teams back in the day.

Will Svitek. I thought he looked really nimble in the few appearances he had for us, and I thought he could eventually be a starter. I'm glad he made it there, but unfortunately it was for another team.

Rain Man
03-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Tait, Rudnay, and Dave Hill move on in the lineman category.

Good for Dave Hill. I wasn't sure how well remembered he was. I barely recall him.

oldman
03-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Tate, Rudnay, and Hill.