PDA

View Full Version : Football Ndamukong Suh will sign with Dolphins 60 million guaranteed

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2015, 11:06 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ndamukong Suh will sign with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash">#Dolphins</a> on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/574616959779631104">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SAUTO
03-08-2015, 11:08 AM
That's the bar for Houston.

BigRock
03-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Hope he still takes his Raiders visit to troll them even further.

booger
03-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Cuban pussy for everyone!!

Hammock Parties
03-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Haha.

See ya Houston.

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suh also will get $60 million in first 3 years of 6-year contract, based on parameters set between <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dolphins?src=hash">#Dolphins</a> and Suh&#39;s agent, Jimmy Sexton.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/574618541141286913">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Red Dawg
Idiots. If JH thinks he will get a deal like that as an OLB he is crazy.

CapsLockKey
How many years?

Dante84
No Suh For You!

mcaj22
03-08-2015, 11:13 AM

maybe not from the Chiefs but there a plenty of teams on the open market that will pay him 100 million

Hammock Parties

The dude had 22 fucking sacks. And he's younger than Suh. He has more value.

Chiefshrink
Dolphins get suckered in:doh!:

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2015, 11:14 AM
But but he wore a raiders outfit as a kid! Haha no one wants to go to that shitty organization. Hey R8ers tell me more about your large cap space

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 11:16 AM
That's why the assholes drafted Ford; they knew this shit was coming.

I wish Arrowhead would just fall in to a crevasse.

Just Passin' By
03-08-2015, 11:17 AM
The dude had 22 ****ing sacks. And he's younger than Suh. He has more value.

:LOL:

milkman
But but he wore a raiders outfit as a kid! Haha no one wants to go to that shitty organization. Hey R8ers tell me more about your large cap space

Like Chiefs fans have room to laugh.

Bowser
Suh on South Beach with 60 million guaranteed. This might work.

Al Bundy
03-08-2015, 11:18 AM

Houston could/would also be a pass rushing DE in a 4-3.....

Bowser
03-08-2015, 11:18 AM
That's why the assholes drafted Ford; they knew this shit was coming.

I wish Arrowhead would just fall in to a crevasse.

It's the same reason they drafted Fisher - to replace Albert.

I look forward to meeting our new cornerback replacement for Sean Smith in the first round this year.

Bowser
03-08-2015, 11:19 AM

He's not wrong

MotherfuckerJones
Like Chiefs fans have room to laugh.

I'm not going on Raider forums pimping my team and their cap space.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Suh is a huge risk. His actions have borne that out. Justin is a guaranteed slam-dunk.

Clay is not that far off, positional value charts be damned.

Red Dawg
03-08-2015, 11:20 AM

That is more than what JJ got by nine mil. Houston will not get an offer more than JJ much less that rediculous deal Suh just landed.

Seriously, you think he is worth like 17 mil per year? Last time I checked it take a whole team to win anything not just one man. What SB team in the last five years an LB with that type of salary.

Hammock Parties
Suh is a huge risk. His actions have borne that out. Justin is a guaranteed slam-dunk.

Clay is not that far off, positional value charts be damned.

DT is not more valuable than 3-4 OLB in a modern passing league.

Especially considering Houston is good in coverage, too.

Suh has more "name brand value," but only because he doesn't play in poverty-ass Kansas City, and he's a former 1st rounder. If Houston played in a big city he'd be a fucking huge name.

Just Passin' By
He's not wrong

Yes, he is.

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As big of a signing Suh is for the Dolphins, it still comes down to Tannehill. I don’t remember the Lions winning a playoff game even w/ Suh</p>&mdash; Damien Woody (@damienwoody) <a href="https://twitter.com/damienwoody/status/574620337209483264">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Chiefshrink
03-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Is JH better than DT? If so then yes he is worth that $$, but IMHO Justin ain't no DT and not even close regardless of 22 sacks. Compare DTs first step with Houston. Not even close. Justin had 22 last season. What would DT had last season if he were playing on this team if JH could attain 22?

Bottom line: Justin is good but his first step is just average, he is not quick, and average in coverage. What his strength is, is his actual brute strength and instinct which makes up for a lot. I like Justin be he ain't no 60mil guaranteed kind a guy;)

Hammock Parties
03-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Seriously, you think he is worth like 17 mil per year?

He's more worth that money than fucking Alex Smith.

mcaj22
03-08-2015, 11:22 AM
I think he meant Defensive Tackle, not Derrick Thomas lol

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 11:23 AM
DT is not more valuable than 3-4 OLB in a modern passing league.

Especially considering Houston is good in coverage, too.

Suh has more "name brand value," but only because he doesn't play in poverty-ass Kansas City, and he's a former 1st rounder. If Houston played in a big city he'd be a fucking huge name.

Truth.

Thank god there are non-poverty franchises such as Sporting and now the Royals to offset the horrendous embarrassment the Chiefs have become.

Bowser
03-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Yes, he is.

Of course you would think so after watching Wilfork for all those years.

Houston is every bit as much a game changer as Suh is. They're both forces at their respective positions, and they both have the ability to dominate games.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 11:24 AM
He's more worth that money than fucking Alex Smith.

Every day of his life.

milkman
03-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Is JH better than DT? If so then yes he is worth that $$, but IMHO Justin ain't no DT and not even close regardless of 22 sacks. Compare DTs first step with Houston. Not even close. Justin had 22 last season. What would DT had last season if he were playing on this team if JH could attain 22?

Bottom line: Justin is good but his first step is just average, he is not quick, and average in coverage. What his strength is, is his actual brute strength and instinct which makes up for a lot. I like Justin be he ain't no 60mil guaranteed kind a guy;)

DT rushed the passer almost exclusively.

Justin Houston is far more rounded and was used in pass coverage more extensively in one season than DT was for almost his entire career.

Loved DT, but Houston is a better player.

SAUTO
03-08-2015, 11:25 AM

Nothing in this post is correct.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 11:26 AM

Houston is every bit as much a game changer as Suh is. They're both forces at their respective positions, and they both have the ability to dominate games.

Ever since the NE fartknocker's regime was proven to be the bag of shit it was, he's done nothing but defend this current regime in the hopes of some kind of weird redemption/justification.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2015, 11:28 AM
For 110 million we could sign 14 Josh Maugas, guys!!

Bowser
03-08-2015, 11:30 AM

http://www.nkayesel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/steve-carell-not-bad-the-office.jpeg

Just Passin' By

I would think so because he can shut down the opponent's running game, as he demonstrated repeatedly this year, and he averages better than 7 sacks per season as a defensive tackle. He's a more valuable player than Houston.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Exactly.

Let's get 100 paddle-ball games at the Dollar Tree, Ma!

-Lil Chiefy

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2015, 11:31 AM

Dumb post you have no clue how much he's making in year 1.

Gravedigger
03-08-2015, 11:31 AM
this has a very Albert Haynesworth feel to it. This deal is a setback for the Dolphins, a big one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 11:32 AM
this has a very Albert Haynesworth feel to it. This deal is a setback for the Dolphins, a big one.

It's Miami; nothing good will come of it.

Just Passin' By
03-08-2015, 11:32 AM

This is about getting to Brady. Look at the DLs of all three of the Patriots' divisional rivals.

Chiefshrink
03-08-2015, 11:33 AM

BINGO !!!

BigChiefFan
03-08-2015, 11:38 AM
How come they always have money for free agents big names, but we can't even pay our best home grown player?

Hammock Parties
03-08-2015, 11:40 AM
How come they always have money for free agents big names, but we can't even pay our best home grown player?

Because we are the Chiefs.

Sassy Squatch
03-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Now he will get to wear bright colors and a cartoony dolphin on his head when he stomps on people instead of a halfway intimidating blue lion.

redshirt32
03-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Taxes far more friendly in Florida than Cali......

Busine$$ decision

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Holy shit! That's just ridiculous.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Because Ryan Tannehill is cheap right now. That ends soon.

BigChiefFan
Because we are the Chiefs.

Bottom line if it involves a huge signing bonus, we need permission from Clarkie.

tk13
03-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Probably a dream come true for Suh... a guy who's spent the last 10 years in Nebraska and Detroit gets to move to Miami and pay no state income tax.

Mojo Jojo
03-08-2015, 11:46 AM

JH is a better linebacker than DT ever was...DT was a pass rusher but couldn't play the run or cover. Teams could game plan around him.
That being said JH is not worth the money that is rumored he wants.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't see the players crying about the new CBA now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 11:48 AM
This is about getting to Brady. Look at the DLs of all three of the Patriots' divisional rivals.

LMAO

Uh-huh. EVERYTHING revolves around Tom Brady! Did Tom Brady give the sun permission to shine today?

Please kill yourself yesterday, you New England piece of shit.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2015, 11:50 AM
We are supposedly set to have like 64 mill in cap space next year. You can't tell me we don't have room to give a chunk of that to Houston.

Discuss Thrower
03-08-2015, 11:53 AM
I don't see the players crying about the new CBA now.

It's because both sides won. The players don't have to practice nearly as hard as they had to just a decade ago and rookies aren't getting Brinks' trucks backed up to their houses once they've been drafted.

The owners continue to sit back and make money hand over first even as their product grows demonstrably worse week after week because what the fuck else are Americans going to watch on Sundays?

RunKC
03-08-2015, 11:57 AM
So the Phins spent a shit ton of money on Mike Wallace and won zero playoff games. And then spent big money on Branden Albert, and still won zero playoff games.

Now they're going to probably be forced to cut Mike Wallace, suffer his dead money, and then sign another massive deal even bigger than the ones before for a player who was so good he won zero playoff games in Detroit.

What a stupid franchise. They'll suffer when Tannehill asks for a new contract.

Just Passin' By
03-08-2015, 11:58 AM
LMAO

Uh-huh. EVERYTHING revolves around Tom Brady! Did Tom Brady give the sun permission to shine today?

Please kill yourself yesterday, you New England piece of shit.

Not everything revolves around Brady. In the AFCE,though, you go through the Patriots. That means you have to get to Brady.

In the AFCE, you have to stop Brady
In the AFCS, you have to stop Luck
In the AFCW, you have to stop Manning
In the NFCW, you have to stop Lynch.
In the NFCN, you have to stop Rodgers

Learn the game.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2015, 12:03 PM
So the Phins spent a shit ton of money on Mike Wallace and won zero playoff games. And then spent big money on Branden Albert, and still won zero playoff games.

Now they're going to probably be forced to cut Mike Wallace, suffer his dead money, and then sign another massive deal even bigger than the ones before for a player who was so good he won zero playoff games in Detroit.

What a stupid franchise. They'll suffer when Tannehill asks for a new contract.

At least they aren't the Chiefs, though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 12:06 PM
It's because both sides won. The players don't have to practice nearly as hard as they had to just a decade ago and rookies aren't getting Brinks' trucks backed up to their houses once they've been drafted.

The owners continue to sit back and make money hand over first even as their product grows demonstrably worse week after week because what the fuck else are Americans going to watch on Sundays?

I'll tell you what they'll watch:

The TFL.

The "Traditional Football League" is an exciting new venture from Sweet Daddy Inc. that is guaranteed to be both exciting and financially successful for all investors.

Are you tired of tampon commercials during games and players who should probably be wearing tampons on Sunday? Well step right the fuck up, cause Sweet Daddy Inc. has your medicine.

The TFL operates on one simple principle:

"The Spirit of 76 Doctrine"

If it wasn't a rule in 1976, it doesn't belong in this league.

Our players use state of the art equipment and train old-school at camp, because they WILL be beating the piss out of each other on Sunday.

Pass interference? What the fuck is that?

Not in this league, holmes.

Roughing the passer? That's not a penalty, it's a goddamned way of life.

Investment opportunities abound! Call 1-800 GIVE SWEET ALL YOUR MONEY.

J Diddy
03-08-2015, 12:07 PM
When I think about this I think, man, I'm glad he didn't sign with the Chargers or the Broncos.

milkman
03-08-2015, 12:07 PM
I'll tell you what they'll watch:

The TFL.

The "Traditional Football League" is an exciting new venture from Sweet Daddy Inc. that is guaranteed to be both exciting and financially successful for all investors.

Are you tired of tampon commercials during games and players who should probably be wearing tampons on Sunday? Well step right the **** up, cause Sweet Daddy Inc. has your medicine.

The TFL operates on one simple principle:

"The Spirit of 76 Doctrine"

If it wasn't a rule in 1976, it doesn't belong in this league.

Our players use state of the art equipment and train old-school at camp, because they WILL be beating the piss out of each other on Sunday.

Pass interference? What the **** is that?

Not in this league, holmes.

Roughing the passer? That's not a penalty, it's a goddamned way of life.

Investment opportunities abound! Call 1-800 GIVE SWEET ALL YOUR MONEY.

I think I'll wait for Vince McMahon.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 12:11 PM
When I think about this I think, man, I'm glad he didn't sign with the Chargers or the Broncos.

I'm not. He could have possibly done some quality stepping about on that POS QB of ours, and shortened the overall life span a bit.

This is opportunity missed.

tk13
03-08-2015, 12:12 PM
At least they aren't the Chiefs, though.

Actually they're probably just as bad if not worse. Seems like they've been a non-stop train of dysfunction under Stephen Ross. That's probably why Jeff Fisher and Peyton Manning both left them high and dry.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2015, 12:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I don&#39;t see Bill Belichick ever retiring. Why would he ever leave the dumbest division in football? He might stay until he&#39;s 80.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/574634037442048000">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-08-2015, 12:15 PM
I think I'll wait for Vince McMahon.

I have one investor already! Thanks, Diddy; we 5$ closer to the dream!

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2015, 12:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I don't see Bill Belichick ever retiring. Why would he ever leave the dumbest division in football? He might stay until he's 80.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/574634037442048000">March 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

ROFL

tk13
03-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Seriously, the Jets are the Jets. The Bills just traded for Matt Cassel.

And the Dolphins still might be the most dysfunctional of the group. They continue to employ a coach that can't seem to control his team. The bullying scandal... Mike Wallace pretty much quitting on them last year, etc, etc. They had money to blow, and Manning and Jeff Fisher still didn't want to touch them with a 10 foot pole. A dysfunctional front office where they've had in-fighting, hiring consultants like Carl Peterson and Mike Tennenbaum, who is now their VP of football operations. Last year when they finally opened that GM position, all of their top candidates turned the position down.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Actually they're probably just as bad if not worse.

They've drafted a R1QB.

That alone > Chiefs bullshit.

tk13
03-08-2015, 12:30 PM
They've drafted a R1QB.

That alone > Chiefs bullshit.

By that measure, the Browns are the most well-run organization in football then. Another quality football post.

Bowser
03-08-2015, 12:31 PM
By that measure, the Browns are the most well-run organization in football then. Another quality football post.

Look, we'll have no trash talk of the Cleveland Browns on this board. The best thing to happen to the Chiefs last year was when the Browns jumped in front of us and took Johnny Drinky. That alone should earn them our admiration.

Hammock Parties
03-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Trying > Not trying.

The Chiefs don't try. They pretend they try, and the homers buy it. But they don't really try.

tk13
03-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Look, we'll have no trash talk of the Cleveland Browns on this board. The best thing to happen to the Chiefs last year was when the Browns jumped in front of us and took Johnny Drinky. That alone should earn them our admiration.

No way. He's a 1st round QB. He is destined for greatness. Talent and skill do not matter when you draft a QB. Only the number next to his name in the draft order. That is how you determine who the winners are.

stevieray
03-08-2015, 12:34 PM
...ruins the game.

tk13
03-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Put it this way, Ray Farmer was one of those people who turned down the Dolphins GM position because he'd rather stay with the Browns than join the Dolphins circus. That's pretty much all you need to know.

Bowser
03-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Put it this way, Ray Farmer was one of those people who turned down the Dolphins GM position because he'd rather stay with the Browns than join the Dolphins circus. That's pretty much all you need to know.

An excellent point.

Ray Farmer, lol. What exactly did he accomplish here in KC that would lead anyone to think he would be a great GM again?

rico
03-08-2015, 12:43 PM
If this makes me worried about anyone on the team, it's not Justin Houston...

It's Dontari Poe.

Hammock Parties
If this makes me worried about anyone on the team, it's not Justin Houston...

It's Dontari Poe.

We'll lose him, too.

Mr. Laz

You're such an idiot.

Bowser
03-08-2015, 12:44 PM
We'll lose him, too.

Who do we take in the first this year - Sean Smith's replacement or Dontari Poe's replacement?

stevieray
03-08-2015, 12:45 PM
You're such an idiot.
exactly what he's looking for...don't take the bait.

Discuss Thrower
03-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Who do we take in the first this year - Sean Smith's replacement or Dontari Poe's replacement?

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/92/files/2014/09/skelly-field-jordan-phillips-ncaa-football-oklahoma-tulsa.jpg

Mr. Laz
03-08-2015, 12:46 PM
exactly what he's looking for...don't take the bait.
You're right.

I'm weak :sulk:

Dylan
03-08-2015, 12:46 PM
That's a lot of money - Although, Suh almost single handily beat the Dallas offense. The guy is a perennial all pro player.

Better that he goes to the AFC than the NFC ... :D

Edit: I would like the Giants to go after Jerry Hughes.

Just Passin' By
03-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Byron Maxwell deal is done. Guarantee came in higher after more discussion. Byron Maxwell will become an Eagle Tuesday w/ $25 mil guaranteed

Deal also changed from 6 year $63 mil. It's now reportedly set to be a 5 year deal around $53 to 54 million. Byron Maxwell / Eagles
0 replies 443 retweets 99 favorites
Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock · 31m 31 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock

Get used to seeing these big numbers for a few days.

nychief
03-08-2015, 12:53 PM
This is actually good for us... nobody is gonna give hime 100 million and give up 2 firsts. This hand wringing is sorta silly....

BigMeatballDave
03-08-2015, 12:53 PM
An excellent point.

Ray Farmer, lol. What exactly did he accomplish here in KC that would lead anyone to think he would be a great GM again?

Well, Farmer was part of the 08 draft.

Mav
03-08-2015, 01:21 PM
An excellent point.

Who cares what he accomplished when he wasn't a gm. Outside of his first round picks last year, he had a fantastic off season.

He really did. He only made two mistakes in my opinion, drafting johnny 8 ball, and not addressing the wide receiver position.

He pulled Joel Bitonio, Pierre Desir, Chris Kirksey Terrence West from later rounds, signed Whitner, and Dansby, signed Andrew Hawkins from the Bengals, Miles Austin, and found Isaiah Crowell, and Taylor Gabriel as udfa's. Ray Farmer, had a Hell of an offseason, and had the owner not meddled, and let farmer take Bridgewater the browns would be sitting pretty fucking good.

seamonster
03-08-2015, 01:25 PM
DT rushed the passer almost exclusively.

Justin Houston is far more rounded and was used in pass coverage more extensively in one season than DT was for almost his entire career.

Loved DT, but Houston is a better player.

I don't buy the generalist-are-worth-more than the elite level specialist like Derrick Thomas. Justin Houston had a flat out amazing contract year but he's no where near DT as far as pass rushing abilities. In a sport dominated by one position Thomas was the equalizer and that's worth more than average to mediocre zone coverage abilities.

Mojo Jojo
03-08-2015, 01:26 PM
An excellent point.

It's part of the Carl tree...him, Terry Bradway, John Schneider, Bill Kuharich, Jeff Ireland, etc

Bowser
03-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Who cares what he accomplished when he wasn't a gm. Outside of his first round picks last year, he had a fantastic off season.

He really did. He only made two mistakes in my opinion, drafting johnny 8 ball, and not addressing the wide receiver position.

He pulled Joel Bitonio, Pierre Desir, Chris Kirksey Terrence West from later rounds, signed Whitner, and Dansby, signed Andrew Hawkins from the Bengals, Miles Austin, and found Isaiah Crowell, and Taylor Gabriel as udfa's. Ray Farmer, had a Hell of an offseason, and had the owner not meddled, and let farmer take Bridgewater the browns would be sitting pretty fucking good.

The news keeps getting worse in Cleveland.

A week after quarterback Johnny Manziel entered rehab and a day after the NFL suspended star wide receiver Josh Gordon for at least a year, Cleveland.com is reporting the Browns might face significant penalties after general manager Ray Farmer allegedly violated league rules.

Cleveland.com reported last month that a "high-ranking personnel member" upset coaches — most notably then-offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan — by sending text messages about play calls from the press box to the field during a game. That rift helped lead to Shanahan's decision to make a lateral move to Atlanta to become the offensive coordinator under new coach Dan Quinn. But the wider implications might be more costly for the Browns.

Multiple sources told Cleveland.com that Farmer was the person sending the text messages, which would violate NFL rules against such communication during games. The NFL has been investigating the allegations and the probe should be wrapped up in the coming weeks. Depending on what it finds, Farmer could be hit with a three- or four-game suspension and the team could be fined or forced to forfeit a draft pick.

The Browns have never denied that text messages were sent, and team officials including coach Mike Pettine and owner Jimmy Haslam have acknowledged the investigation is ongoing.

"I know that Ray and Pett and Sashi Brown, our general counselor, are cooperating fully with the NFL, and if we did anything wrong I'm sure we'll correct it and make whatever amends,'' Haslam said at a Jan. 22 awards banquet. "I know we've cooperated fully with the NFL."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-02-04/ray-farmer-cleveland-browns-textgate-investigated-by-nfl-kyle-shanahan-draft-pick

But congrats on the players and stuff.

Bowser
03-08-2015, 01:29 PM
It's part of the Carl tree...him, Terry Bradway, John Schneider, Bill Kuharich, Jeff Ireland, etc

Huh, I never realized that. Makes sense.

RINGLEADER
03-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Who is the last FA DT that got huge money and didn't flame out? I know there are plenty who went on to do absolutely nothing after breaking the bank, but who has actually continued to perform at the same high level post-FA contract?

Mav
03-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Big deal. Probably gonna cost the team a 5th rounder

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Who is the last FA DT that got huge money and didn't flame out? I know there are plenty who went on to do absolutely nothing after breaking the bank, but who has actually continued to perform at the same high level post-FA contract?

Off the top of my head, I'd say Ngata.

Reerun_KC
03-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Chuefs fans are funny.

tecumseh
03-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Good for the Deadphins. Sorry if Q...atoa.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Chuefs fans are funny.

Again, I'm not the one pimping 67 million dollars of cap on a Chiefs board like Raider fans do here

tecumseh
03-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Surprised he didn't go with Oaks. Well, money talks.

ThaVirus
03-08-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't buy the generalist-are-worth-more than the elite level specialist like Derrick Thomas. Justin Houston had a flat out amazing contract year but he's no where near DT as far as pass rushing abilities. In a sport dominated by one position Thomas was the equalizer and that's worth more than average to mediocre zone coverage abilities.

Houston has 33 sacks in his last 27 games. He's been performing at an elite level for a couple seasons now and his arrow is still trending way upward.

scho63
03-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Seems like this would destroy their ability to sign any marquee players in the next few years. Am I missing something?

How the hell do some teams seem to have the ability to constantly sign talent and the Chiefs are always a bridesmaid, never a bride???

notorious
03-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Dolphins are fucking retarded.

ThaVirus
03-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Suh and Wake on the same defensive line is going to be a nightmare...

I'm kind of glad we pulled Buffalo once again this year. Especially if they'll be starting Matt Cassel.

Rain Man
03-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Houston has 33 sacks in his last 27 games. He's been performing at an elite level for a couple seasons now and his arrow is still trending way upward.

The thing that I find interesting about Houston is that he seems to have a combination of skills. Derrick Thomas had a narrow skill set that was amazing - first step, body lean, coordination, etc. They were a fantastic skill set for sacking a quarterback and causing fumbles.

Houston doesn't look as impressive as DT, but his results are similar (assuming that he keeps up the pace). His sacks aren't so much about blowing by the blockers, but more about being fast off the ball, strong enough to push blockers around, and use both inside and outside moves. Those sacks don't make you go 'wow' the way that DT's sacks did, but the yardage still counts the same.

ThaVirus
03-08-2015, 04:27 PM
The thing that I find interesting about Houston is that he seems to have a combination of skills. Derrick Thomas had a narrow skill set that was amazing - first step, body lean, coordination, etc. They were a fantastic skill set for sacking a quarterback and causing fumbles.

Houston doesn't look as impressive as DT, but his results are similar (assuming that he keeps up the pace). His sacks aren't so much about blowing by the blockers, but more about being fast off the ball, strong enough to push blockers around, and use both inside and outside moves. Those sacks don't make you go 'wow' the way that DT's sacks did, but the yardage still counts the same.

I like that he seems very versatile. I've seen him blow past guys, run straight through them, rip outside and inside, etc. and he's also super effective rushing from the outside standing up and inside with his hand in the dirt.

I think the only thing I haven't seen from him is a spin move.

Just Passin' By
03-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Seems like this would destroy their ability to sign any marquee players in the next few years. Am I missing something?

How the hell do some teams seem to have the ability to constantly sign talent and the Chiefs are always a bridesmaid, never a bride???

Teams can sign 1-3 huge contracts and still be fine. It's having more than that where it starts to become dicey.

Unless the Dolphins lose their minds and give the Aaron Rodgers level of coin to Tannehill, they should be fine.

KCCHIEFS27
03-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Dont the dolphins still need to clear quite a bit of cap spaxe for this move?

notorious
03-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Suh has to be unbelievably happy right now.

He is leaving Detroit, a cold weather shit-hole, for warm Miami and a truckload of money.

He wins today.