PDA

View Full Version : News Pit Bull Kills man trying to resuscitate his owner

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2015, 06:26 PM
West Virginia police say a 62-year-old man has died after being mauled to death by a pit bull that attacked him as he tried to revive the dog’s unconscious owner following a heart attack.

Wheeling police said the pit bull attacked Roy Higgenbotham Jr. in a home shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday.

Officers also found the dog’s owner, David Wallace, 63, dead in the house.

Lt. Phil Redford said police believe Wallace suffered a heart attack. Higgenbotham was attacked as he tried to resuscitate Wallace.

Autopsies will determine an official cause of death.

The dog, a 3-year-old female, was removed from the residence by Ohio County Animal Control and placed in quarantine.

Neighbors told WTRF-TV it appears the dog became protective and attacked when she saw Higgenbotham try and administer first aid to his stricken friend.

“One of them had, had some heart problems and it seems like she was protecting him from the person trying to resuscitate him,” Beth Patsch told the station. "She was always wonderful, they had had her and her mother and her mother had just passed away in the fall, I believe, and this was the puppy. They've had her since she was tiny, tiny and never a problem."

Patsch, who lives across the street, said a woman was in the house at the time. She said she saw the woman climb out a second-floor window onto a porch roof to avoid being attacked by the dog.

Fox affiliate WTOV reported that the pit bull was not registered with the city, despite an ordinance that requires all pit bulls in the city be registered.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

So what say you ? Was the dog justified ? Should the Dog be put down ?

TimBone
03-09-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm sure this is going to spark another pit bull debate, but I just don't think Pit Bulls are a safe breed, regardless of their upbringing.

Red Dawg
03-09-2015, 06:31 PM
All pits should be destroyed. How many have killed unprovoked.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2015, 06:32 PM
My theory has always been that if you're at a friends house and they have that type of pet that you're unsure of just go ahead and jerk the dog off. It would have saved this guys life no doubt.

But yeah, actually a Pitbull , just shoot them.

chiefzilla1501
03-09-2015, 06:32 PM
I knew his music was terrible, but I didn't realize it had this kind of an effect on people

TLO
03-09-2015, 06:35 PM
This thread will be 800 pages long before it's all over.

TLO
03-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Also. I'm going to need to hear MTG's opinion before sharing my own.

BigMeatballDave

:facepalm:

Like a fucking dog knows what CPR is.

All the dog sees is someone hurting his human.

Most large breed dogs would attack. Dumbass.

Lonewolf Ed
In the dog's defense, it would have looked like the man was attacking the owner. But since the dog killed a person, it has to be put down. I've never owned a pit bull, but I had a Rottweiler. She loved it when company came over. But if I had a heart attack and one of my friends tried CPR on me, she probably would have barked at the guy, at the very least. She'd have been freaked out by me flopping to the floor, I am sure. Once when I was barefoot and using the sweeper, I tried to push it into the family room and stubbed my toe badly. I let out a holler and fell on the floor. She came over and laid her head on my chest and looked so sad!

Rausch
03-09-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm sure this is going to spark another pit bull debate, but I just don't think Pit Bulls are a safe breed, regardless of their upbringing.

The argument changes when the breed has the ability to kill you.

Or, I suppose, a stronger argument for concealed carry...

In58men
03-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Take it to DC

kccrow
03-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Jesus fucking Christ... stupidity will run rampant with this one, especially for those stupid fucks that never owned a pit bull.

I'd tell ya why that pit bull killed, but it wouldn't sink in.

KCUnited
03-09-2015, 06:40 PM
This is why I never stop to help anyone, ever.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2015, 06:41 PM
In the dog's defense, it would have looked like the man was attacking the owner. But since the dog killed a person, it has to be put down. I've never owned a pit bull, but I had a Rottweiler. She loved it when company came over. But if I had a heart attack and one of my friends tried CPR on me, she probably would have barked at the guy, at the very least. She'd have been freaked out by me flopping to the floor, I am sure. Once when I was barefoot and using the sweeper, I tried to push it into the family room and stubbed my toe badly. I let out a holler and fell on the floor. She came over and laid her head on my chest and looked so sad!

I think Rottys are a different breed mentally. I used to raise them to sell, show dog bloodlines I would sell to soldiers a Bragg. They can reason things out. Pitts go into attack mode due to the size of their microscopic brain size I think.

Rausch
03-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ... stupidity will run rampant with this one, especially for those stupid ****s that never owned a pit bull.

I could tell you why two people died but that probably wouldn't sink in...

kccrow
03-09-2015, 06:44 PM
I could tell you why two people died but that probably wouldn't sink in...

Well, consider yourself an advanced academic. Like I said, there are those stupid fucks that don't know shit about pit bulls that will blame the dog and blame the breed, yet they don't know a single damned thing about the dog nor the breed.

My blood's already boiling on comments in this thread, not yours, but others. I'm respectfully bowing out having said all I wish to say about it.

xztop123

What about Hippos and crocs, they kill thousands of people a year.

Brock
:facepalm:

Like a fucking dog knows what CPR is.

All the dog sees is someone hurting his human.

Most large breed dogs would attack. Dumbass.

Some dogs probably would attack, but they aren't equipped with the biting force of a so called pt bull.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2015, 06:45 PM
I've known several people with Pitbulls over the past 25+years and not one of them attacked or even bit anyone. These are people in Missouri and Ohio.

I'm not an animal person. I love dogs. Other people's dogs.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2015, 06:47 PM
This is why I never stop to help anyone, ever.

Boom.

TimBone
03-09-2015, 06:49 PM
I just know that I spent my youth running from and being terrorized by Pit Bulls out in the country. I've also seen instances where well handled pit bulls have viciously attacked and the owner is sitting htere with a confused look on their face saying, "I've NEVER seen him act like that." I wouldn't bee comfortable with my son around one. that's just my opinion molded from my experiences. Others may have a different experience (and therefore a different opnion) with the breed.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Some dogs probably would attack, but they aren't equipped with the biting force of a so called pt bull.

This is true. That's why PBs are trained to fight. They're built for it.

A German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Doberman could kill just the same.

KCUnited
03-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Apparently the guy was wearing a yellow jacket.

Demonpenz
03-09-2015, 06:52 PM
fuck pit bulls

KCUnited
03-09-2015, 06:53 PM
You gotta wasp your ass around pits.

Rausch
03-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Well, consider yourself an advanced academic. Like I said, there are those stupid ****s that don't know shit about pit bulls that will blame the dog and blame the breed, yet they don't know a single damned thing about the dog nor the breed.

My blood's already boiling on comments in this thread, not yours, but others. I'm respectfully bowing out having said all I wish to say about it.

I know the man didn't have the permit he was required to have. Often the reasons they require it is because of situations just like this. If EMS/Police have to show up and help they want to know if they have to secure a large dog.

Here they will shoot that animal (any large breed) if it shows aggression while they're trying to save your life. My dad's dog's name and the fact he has one is already logged with local/county PD for just this situation.

Reason two pitts get the publicity is due to their bite power. They can kill a person very quickly. Any dog could unexpectedly bite. Any animal can act out of character. The problem is the uncommon power of the pitts bite when they act out...

Iowanian
03-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Could.. But don't.

Pit bull. The dog of choice for neck-tattoo- Americans for 20 years.

The Franchise
03-09-2015, 06:56 PM
My friend fosters pit bulls and they're all awesome, loveable dogs. All breeds have bad apples.

Pitt Gorilla
03-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Well, consider yourself an advanced academic. Like I said, there are those stupid ****s that don't know shit about pit bulls that will blame the dog and blame the breed, yet they don't know a single damned thing about the dog nor the breed.

My blood's already boiling on comments in this thread, not yours, but others. I'm respectfully bowing out having said all I wish to say about it.Your blood is boiling over comments on a football board? Really?

Brock
03-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Well, consider yourself an advanced academic. Like I said, there are those stupid fucks that don't know shit about pit bulls that will blame the dog and blame the breed, yet they don't know a single damned thing about the dog nor the breed.

Imagine that, people are blaming the dog for killing a guy.

Demonpenz
03-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Pit Bulls were ment to kill people. How people defend the dogs is beyond me. I guess it's the same people who sell out back to back linkin park shows,=,

aturnis
Jesus fucking Christ... stupidity will run rampant with this one, especially for those stupid fucks that never owned a pit bull.

Anyone who thinks tigers are dangerous has obviously never owned a tiger.

<iframe width="650" height="523" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UAPf_hRoRtM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reerun_KC
We live in the country. Pit bulls have a short life expectancy if the get near my yard.

Demonpenz
03-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Broken glass and hot dog meat....no more Pit Bull

Rausch
03-09-2015, 07:02 PM
My friend fosters pit bulls and they're all awesome, loveable dogs. All breeds have bad apples.

You do understand that white trash/hood rats have bred these animals specifically for back yard fighting for decades, right?

Local shelters are full of them. Mostly puppies. Problem is you don't know the history of this shelter dog. You're trying to do a good thing and provide a quality home and don't know this a 3rd generation inbred dog mated with the most aggressive animals in the projects.

White trash around here has done this for years. Have a litter, find the most aggressive pup or two of the pack, drop the rest off at the pound or in the river. They'll then breed that with another aggressive/large pitt without checking to see if they're related or anything other than back yard tricks. Then another litter gets dumped in the Wal-Mart parking lot or sold for $5 a pup...

KCUnited
03-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Dog must be white if it's still living.

LoneWolf
03-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Broken glass and hot dog meat....no more Pit Bull

I'm not a fan of Pit Bulls, but you're a fucking moron.

Demonpenz
03-09-2015, 07:09 PM
I think my 2.6 gpa from Mo West speak volumes

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Would rather own a pitbull than an ugly ass rat that people call "small dog breeds"

Reerun_KC
03-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Would rather own a pitbull than an ugly ass rat that people call "small dog breeds"
I stick to Aussie Sheppard's and Boarder Collies.

KC native
03-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Oh, look. It's this thread again.

Iowanian
03-09-2015, 07:16 PM
I know. It's like one of these loving family dogs kill someone every few weeks.

stonedstooge
03-09-2015, 07:23 PM
I think my 2.6 gpa from Mo West speak volumes

ROFLROFLROFL

Jimmya
03-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Pitbulls get full of lead if they get near my yard. You can't own them in lots of cities unless you have all kinds of permits and big liability insurance.

HonestChieffan
03-09-2015, 08:16 PM
I love these threads.

Eureka
03-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately the dog has to be put down. Not all pit bulls are the same but my honest experience with them is they are what they are. They have certain charistics that ring true to the breed.

I've owned a few Dobermans and they all shared certain traits yet each had their own personalities.

Pitbulls are not a bad breed it's just that there are to many of them and not enough "correct" Pitbull owners. I'm not sure if this case is a good example though.

Pepe Silvia
03-09-2015, 08:34 PM
I love them but I wouldn't own one.

TribalElder
03-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Mine is a mean little bastard

I could totally see that happening.

Marcellus
03-09-2015, 08:44 PM

My old Rott (RIP) would flip out anytime anyone was wrestling or acting like they were fighting around him.

Even if I acted like I was punching one of my friends he would try to grab a hold of my arm to stop me.

He wouldn't try to hurt you but he would bark like hell and try to grab your arm and stop you from hurting whoever he thought was getting hurt.

He was anti violence I guess you could say.

Just Passin' By
03-09-2015, 08:54 PM
The dog did its job of protecting its owner from a perceived attack. As a result, two humans are dead, and the dog will be killed.

Sad story all around.

Gonzo
03-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Here we fucking go...
Obligatory
"Any big dog would do that!"
Followed by obligatory
"Then why is it we only hear about Pit Bulls doing it and not German Shepherds or Great Danes?"

My solution? Make people get a special license to own the breed like you would a handgun and call it a day.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-09-2015, 10:34 PM
Worthless fucking breed.

The Franchise
03-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Worthless fucking breed.

Worthless fucking human.

SPchief
03-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Here we fucking go...
Obligatory
"Any big dog would do that!"
Followed by obligatory
"Then why is it we only hear about Pit Bulls doing it and not German Shepherds or Great Danes?"

My solution? Make people get a special license to own the breed like you would a handgun and call it a day.

I'm an owner of a full blood pit with papers and a Rot mix and I would be in favor for it. But it wouldn't do anything to change the breed, change the dipshit owners who are unfit, or the perception of the breed. Just like with the gun argument, if someone is gonna want one to fight, have a special licence to own one isn't gonna change anything.

Personal note, my pit is the sweetest dog in the world. She wouldn't hurt a fly unless that fly was trying to attack me. Having said that I'm fully aware of what she's capable of and if I sense that there may be a danger issue either it being she's getting to aggressive playing with my neighbor's dogs or some kids happen to be walking by that she is barking at that's not her normal "play" with me bark, I'll remove her from the situation and bring her inside.

SPchief
03-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Worthless fucking breed.

Just off yourself

03-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Just off yourself

White trash

03-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Worthless fucking human.

Look, a meth addict is a pit bull owner. Color me surprised.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 10:43 PM
I know about half of these pit bull comments are troll attempts. The problem is knowing which ones are which.

TribalElder
03-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Plot twist

The "friend" was killing the guy and the dog intervened but it was too late

Only Caesar Milan can solve this case now

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Plot twist

The "friend" was killing the guy and the dog intervened but it was too late

Only Caesar Milan can solve this case now

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rx_lTgUSyB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SDChiefs
03-09-2015, 10:54 PM
irony. i just got off the phone with a buddy and the topic of pitt bulls being pieces of shit came up.a good point. why would so many people come to the defense constantly of pitt bulls if they were good dogs? you never hear "german sheppards are good dogs theyre just misunderstood..." thats because german sheppards are well known to be great dogs.

SPchief
03-09-2015, 10:59 PM
irony. i just got off the phone with a buddy and the topic of pitt bulls being pieces of shit came up.a good point. why would so many people come to the defense constantly of pitt bulls if they were good dogs? you never hear "german sheppards are good dogs theyre just misunderstood..." thats because german sheppards are well known to be great dogs.

Funny, I always hear how great pit bulls are and how shitty German Sheppards are.

Ming the Merciless
03-09-2015, 11:20 PM
By and large the kind of people who own them are low class , low ego morons trying to 'prove' that their small-brained stupid ass wild animal is the exception and gentle when the truth is there are so many better breeds of dogs for ANY purpose out there.

I agree it isn't always the pitt's fault but theres no denying that this breed attracts losers, morons and idiots as fast as a pile of rotting shit attracts maggots

RobBlake
03-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Pit Bulls were ment to kill people. How people defend the dogs is beyond me. I guess it's the same people who sell out back to back linkin park shows,=,

whats wrong with LP lol too mainstream?

RobBlake
03-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Funny, I always hear how great pit bulls are and how shitty German Sheppards are.

i wonder why Policemen don't choose pits over german shepards?

RobBlake
03-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Worthless ****ing human.

lol at people defensive over a dog known for killer instincts. Glad to know people are getting more reasonable as years go on.

Ming the Merciless
03-09-2015, 11:26 PM
i wonder why Policemen don't choose pits over german shepards?

Because they are stupid, have a lot of health problems, a short life span, and basically can snap and are very unpredictable after about age 4?

Not to mention they probably don't speak german as well as a german sheppard

Rausch
03-09-2015, 11:27 PM
By and large the kind of people who own them are low class , low ego morons trying to 'prove' that their small-brained stupid ass wild animal is the exception and gentle when the truth is there are so many better breeds of dogs for ANY purpose out there.

I agree it isn't always the pitt's fault but theres no denying that this breed attracts losers, morons and idiots as fast as a pile of rotting shit attracts maggots

My argument would be ghetto losers have degraded the breed. Inbreeding, selective breeding for aggressive traits, size, etc.

And these idiots don't properly care for their animals so they often end up in shelters where the adoptive owner doesn't know what he's getting...

RobBlake
03-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Because they are stupid, have a lot of health problems, a short life span, and basically can snap and are very unpredictable after about age 4?

Not to mention they probably don't speak german

haha nice last sentence bud..

what you said pretty much alludes to the point i was tryin' to make...

Ming the Merciless
03-09-2015, 11:30 PM
My argument would be ghetto losers have degraded the breed. Inbreeding, selective breeding for aggressive traits, size, etc.

And these idiots don't properly care for their animals so they often end up in shelters where the adoptive owner doesn't know what he's getting...

I would agree...

Its pretty sad....its always sad to see any dog who isnt walked, trained properly, cared for etc....

Ive seen some VERY sweet pits, especially younger ones.....

I hate people who get a dog and dont care for it, of any breed.

TribalElder
03-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Most police dogs are now those Belgian breed dogs that look like German Shepards

Pit bulls have a mean streak that really sucks and make them unpredictable. Would much rather have a Doberman

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 11:45 PM

Do you work with the mentally disabled?

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Most police dogs are now those Belgian breed dogs that look like German Shepards

Pit bulls have a mean streak that really sucks and make them unpredictable. Would much rather have a Doberman

That kinda sucks. I freakin love GSDs. So goddamn noble.

SPchief
03-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Do you work with the mentally disabled?

It was a joke.

TribalElder
03-10-2015, 12:03 AM
That kinda sucks. I freakin love GSDs. So goddamn noble.

belgian malinois
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog_(Malinois)

My numbers might be off, I'm sure lots of shepards are still in service but malinios are gaining traction

BucEyedPea
03-10-2015, 12:06 AM
The dog, a 3-year-old female, was removed from the residence by Ohio County Animal Control and placed in quarantine.
That bitch!

RealSNR
03-10-2015, 12:07 AM
It was a joke.

Sorry. Like I said, it's hard to tell what the serious/trolling/joking line is in pit bull threads.

SPchief
03-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Sorry. Like I said, it's hard to tell what the serious/trolling/joking line is in pit bull threads.

No worries, my attempt to troll him as I thought he was serious.

BucEyedPea
03-10-2015, 12:12 AM

What you didn't get a joke? By your former reasoning that makes you stupid right? :D

Lonewolf Ed
03-10-2015, 12:54 AM
My old Rott (RIP) would flip out anytime anyone was wrestling or acting like they were fighting around him.

Even if I acted like I was punching one of my friends he would try to grab a hold of my arm to stop me.

He wouldn't try to hurt you but he would bark like hell and try to grab your arm and stop you from hurting whoever he thought was getting hurt.

He was anti violence I guess you could say.

My Freya did the same! If I acted like I was going to "get" someone by flexing my fingers and reaching out toward someone, she'd slap her paw on my wrist to block me. If I did that to a woman, she would often grab my wrist in her mouth, but wouldn't put any pressure on it. She would also chase other animals off the property but didn't try to get ahold of them. Once, two dogs came into view and she went after them and one bit her on the side of the muzzle. She didn't yelp but looked a bit sad. My foot in the dog's ass sent them both on their way.

I have no experience with pitt bulls, but I'd get another Rott happily.

Eleazar
03-10-2015, 04:55 AM
More people are killed by golden retrievers every year while trying to resuscitate someone than by pit bulls!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2015, 05:32 AM
It barked FIRE BALL before attacking

Katipan
03-10-2015, 06:06 AM
It barked FIRE BALL before attacking

Lol you watched the Vanderpump reunion show last night.

You woman.

Fish
03-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Personal note, my pit is the sweetest dog in the world. She wouldn't hurt a fly unless that fly was trying to attack me.

No offense to you, but I've never once heard single a pit owner say anything other than the above. Not once. I've personally witnessed someone give that spiel, and not 5 minutes later, their pit latched onto a girl's arm and wouldn't let go. Ended up requiring a dozen stitches. Thought the dog was just playing around until the blood started.

Pet owners have a strong subconscious defense of their dog, and always tell you they'd never hurt a fly.

KC native
03-10-2015, 07:29 AM
belgian malinois
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog_(Malinois)

My numbers might be off, I'm sure lots of shepards are still in service but malinios are gaining traction

KCPD switched to Malinois in the early 90's. My grandpa was the captain of the K9 and helicopter unit at the time. They switched because the Malinois has less health problems and hits harder when it comes to taking people down.

Malinois are cool dogs.

KC native
03-10-2015, 07:32 AM
No offense to you, but I've never once heard single a pit owner say anything other than the above. Not once. I've personally witnessed someone give that spiel, and not 5 minutes later, their pit latched onto a girl's arm and wouldn't let go. Ended up requiring a dozen stitches. Thought the dog was just playing around until the blood started.

Pet owners have a strong subconscious defense of their dog, and always tell you they'd never hurt a fly.

Most people have no clue how to recognize the warning signs with dogs in general.

I've always owned pits. I had to put one of them to sleep because she was starting to show signs of aggression and nervousness (about storms, people). I've lectured several people on putting their pits to sleep because of obvious temperament issues.

Beef Supreme
03-10-2015, 08:10 AM
I wouldn't own one.

Reerun_KC
03-10-2015, 08:15 AM
KCPD switched to Malinois in the early 90's. My grandpa was the captain of the K9 and helicopter unit at the time. They switched because the Malinois has less health problems and hits harder when it comes to taking people down.

Malinois are cool dogs.

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/55791-4/Police-dogK9-jumps-car.gif

Graystoke
03-10-2015, 08:17 AM
We had a mix Pit. Way to unpredictable. Every time somebody would come over I had to be on guard. She nipped at a child and that was it. Before anything dire could happen I put it down, easy decision. It was my GF 's dog and she left me because of it.
Win-Win cause they were both a pain in the ass.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-10-2015, 08:30 AM
We had a mix Pit. Way to unpredictable. Every time somebody would come over I had to be on guard. She nipped at a child and that was it. Before anything dire could happen I put it down, easy decision. It was my GF 's dog and she left me because of it.

How did you put it down ? Did you just throw it off a bridge, shoot it in the ribs and let it bleed to death, poison, lock it in the closet until starvation took it out ? Do you happen to have any pics ?

KC native
03-10-2015, 08:32 AM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/55791-4/Police-dogK9-jumps-car.gif

Yes. The guys who worked the training sleeves said there was a tremendous difference in how the German Shepards attacked the sleeve and how the Malinois' attacked them.

Rausch
03-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Yes. The guys who worked the training sleeves said there was a tremendous difference in how the German Shepards attacked the sleeve and how the Malinois' attacked them.

Not to mention that dog just fucking launched over a small car.

Damn...:eek:

KC native
03-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Not to mention that dog just fucking launched over a small car.

That's one of the big differences. They said the German Shepards would just run up to the sleeve and start biting. The Malinois would launch themselves at whoever they were going after.

Reerun_KC
03-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Not to mention that dog just ****ing launched over a small car.

Doggie was getting busy... One of my favorite shows to watch is COPS when they turn the puppies loose on the bad guys...

I ROFL every time when that doggie fucks up some dude...

Reerun_KC
03-10-2015, 08:38 AM
That's one of the big differences. They said the German Shepards would just run up to the sleeve and start biting. The Malinois would launch themselves at whoever they were going after.

I might have to get one to hang out here with my 2 Aussies and Boarder Collie...

I think they would have a lot of fun.

srvy
03-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Cant we just deport this murderous horrible music maker back to Cuba and let them deal with him?

Dave Lane
03-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Paging Big Daddy white courtesy phone for Big Daddy...

Dog had measles too :) now he will show.

Wildcat2005
03-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Saying pitbulls are sweet because you know so many that have never bit anyone is like saying drunk driving is safe because you have done it several times without any accidents

Something bad hasn't happened yet does not equal something bad will never happen

Pits are just more aggressive and protective than most breeds; that really cannot be argued
Not saying all pitbulls are mean or will attack, just that the potential is there in most of them whether they have shown it or not

And as others have mentioned a lot of them are bred to be aggressive these days

MTG#10
03-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Also. I'm going to need to hear MTG's opinion before sharing my own.

I would never own one, but I'm a true Libertarian so I believe everyone should have a right to.

Rausch
03-10-2015, 09:03 AM

They look like a really good breed. Not as large as a GS but a lot of the same qualities/traits.

That's probably about as big a dog as I'd want...

gblowfish
03-10-2015, 09:08 AM
The guy could have protected himself from attack if he had a concealed weapon....

KC native
03-10-2015, 09:24 AM
They look like a really good breed. Not as large as a GS but a lot of the same qualities/traits.

That's probably about as big a dog as I'd want...

Their fur is much shorter than a GS.

They're much harder to find than a GS.

Reerun_KC
03-10-2015, 09:26 AM
The guy could have protected himself from attack if he had a concealed weapon....

Just pistol whip the dog a couple of times and all would of been okay.

MahiMike
03-10-2015, 10:23 AM

Correct. Beat me to it.

Big Tedd
03-10-2015, 10:51 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you for my first laugh of the day.

Just Passin' By
03-10-2015, 11:10 AM

Fewer than 50 people are killed per year by all dog breeds in the U.S.. More people drown in the tub every year.

RobBlake
03-10-2015, 11:18 AM

thats a stupid reason to leave someone, but you still win even more so

Rausch
03-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Fewer than 50 people are killed per year by all dog breeds in the U.S.. More people drown in the tub every year.

I like my odds being able to defend myself against a tub a lot more than an abused pitt on the lose...

Just Passin' By
03-10-2015, 11:28 AM
I like my odds being able to defend myself against a tub a lot more than an abused pitt on the lose...

Well, the tub's more likely to kill you.

03-10-2015, 11:30 AM

And if you remove pit bulls, it's usually fewer than 15

Rausch
03-10-2015, 11:33 AM
Well, the tub's more likely to kill you.

I have a shower.

And that's not exactly true. If I see a tub it's not more likely to kill me than an angry dog trying to attack me.

Your tub will never sneak out your back door and maul your neighbor...

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-10-2015, 11:33 AM

a lot of those tub drownings are people soaking their wounds from pit bull attacks

Rausch
03-10-2015, 11:34 AM
a lot of those tub drownings are people soaking their wounds from pit bull attacks

ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-10-2015, 11:37 AM
ROFL

True story.

Also how many people each year die from Heart attacks because they come face to face with a pit bull ??? I'll bet over 100,000.

Reerun_KC
03-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Ban bathtubs.

Iowanian
03-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Sweet, innocent, misunderstood family pet sends NFL player to hospital....

Pitbulls are racist and hate NFL Players TOO

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25101022/report-jadeveon-clowney-bitten-by-teammates-pit-bull

Jadeveon Clowney, the 2014 first-overall pick, missed 10 games last season with various ailments. Last week, there was another injury, and this one wasn't football-related. According to Houston's SportsRadio 610, Clowney suffered a "minor bite" by teammate D.J. Swearinger's dog.

According to police records, the pit bull bit Clowney in the right arm, breaking the skin. The defensive end sought treatment at a local emergency room hospital.

More details via SportsRadio 610:

Pearland PD was alerted to the incident by the emergency room Clowney visited as they are required to report animal bites. The pit bull was issued a standard home quarantine by the city which is consistent with any incident involving a bite according to Pearland PD. Swearinger and his brother both agreed to the parameters of the quarantine according to the documents.
Records show that vaccinations for the dog are good through April.

“Animal control handled it as a standard call,” Lieutenant Patrick Savage said. “Standard procedures were followed by our humane department and the animal control officer who went out there.”

The Texans had no comment on the matter to SportsRadio 610.

Meanwhile, Clowney, who is recovering from knee surgery, is expected to be healthy early in the 2015 season.

"Training camp, first game of the season is within the normal context of what the time element for what we would expect from his recovery and he's doing well,” general manager Smith said during the combine last month.

Graystoke
03-10-2015, 12:05 PM
thats a stupid reason to leave someone, but you still win even more so

We were on the Rocks anyway. But that fucking dog didn't help.

ModSocks
03-10-2015, 12:50 PM
I had a Pitt/Rott mutt a few years back. I loved that dog, but man, what a pain in the ass.

I have this little poodle-thing that my wife wanted now, and man, i never realized owning a dog could be so easy.

The difference is night and day compared to my mutt friend.

Im pretty torn on the subject. I've always been around pitts and have had some great experiences with them and some bad experiences.

Im just happy i have a far more docile dog right now. She's literally the perfect dog....well....she needs more maintanence because of her coat....but attitude wise, i couldn't ask for better.

seclark
03-10-2015, 01:33 PM
owned one once...not by choice. started chasing livestock and always running off. couldn't put up w/it.

had an American bulldog that was even worse. fucking thing would crash through the brush and catch baby deer and kill them. I should have put him down then but didn't. finally, he killed a neighbors 4h calf. he was fine w/kids, but as soon as he got a chance, he was in that pen and nobody could make him turn that calf loose.

we've had dogs around all my life, but no more. it'd be nice, but no one's home all day long and I don't want to keep a dog tied up and then just spend a few minutes a day w/them. not fair to to dog, and I hate it when someone's dog is screwing around on my property.

miss my stupid lab though...

sec

Easy 6
03-11-2015, 10:17 AM
You couldn't pay me to own a dumbass pitbull.

Ignorant dog that attracts ignorant people.

Imon Yourside
03-11-2015, 10:26 AM

Nah, i'll take the small dog breeds.. Even if my dog attacked someone trying to help me live he probably wouldn't break skin and would be tossed across the room for good reason.

srvy
03-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Back in the day when we did a lot of residential boundary surveys we would have to get into yards where the home owner was at work and left there dog out. A co-worker was deathly afraid of dogs therefore had nothing but hatred for them. Me I grew up with dogs and could usually reason with any dog. I do believe they sense a fear in humans. Dogs just took an aggressive posture and behavior when he was near. Me on the other hand could talk calmly and have them wagging tail and running around with toys shaking ready to play.

Now little dogs are the ones for me to be wary of those lil ankle bites like to creep up when you turn back. Miniature schnauzers are a good example. And Chows while not small are a keep your distance and show respect animal. I dont know if they keep records on such things but I would bet a Chow is high up on the dog bite scale.

Silock
03-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Personal note, my pit is the sweetest dog in the world. She wouldn't hurt a fly unless that fly was trying to attack me. Having said that I'm fully aware of what she's capable of and if I sense that there may be a danger issue either it being she's getting to aggressive playing with my neighbor's dogs or some kids happen to be walking by that she is barking at that's not her normal "play" with me bark, I'll remove her from the situation and bring her inside.

So, what happens when you have a heart attack and can't remove the dog from the situation?

That's the issue here, not whether or not they behave when you're around. It's what they do when you aren't in control that's the problem.