PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sportrac says we're $8 million under the cap right now

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm aware that we don't know the details of Maclin's first year salary, but is this enough?

If Bowe doesn't take a pay cut, do you think we can afford right now to just cut him outright instead of designating him as a June 1st cut? That way we don't have to take on a share of this year's dead money into next year.

What else do we need to do before tomorrow afternoon?

Simplicity
03-09-2015, 08:26 PM
REVIS!!!!11!!!!11!!!

Dante84
03-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Is it possible to keep Bowe??

Everything's pointing to an outright release....

What if we kept him, Maclin, Wilson and drafted 1 or 2.

In58men
03-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Keep Bowe

KCrockaholic
03-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Keep Bowe. Until June 1st.

srvy
03-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Its time for Bowe to go.

In58men
03-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Its time for Bowe to go.

Fuck you

In58men
03-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Keep Bowe. Until June 1st.

**** you

In58men
03-09-2015, 08:35 PM

You're cool

TribalElder
03-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Refresh the page, it's 8 million over lolz

TLO
Bowe can stay if he takes a pay cut.

srvy
Its time to move on. What have you seen in the last three years that gonna get any better. Player is in decline dump him like a BB NE turd.

KCrockaholic
03-09-2015, 08:39 PM

A Hali style paycut

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2015, 08:45 PM
That's because none of the new signings have happened yet. They're going to have to fit Maclin and Mauga in with $8 million of cap space.

Cmd'r&Chief
03-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Bowe can stay, but he has to be demoted waterboy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2015, 08:48 PM
I'd be willing to jerk off ALL his animals if he stays !

Red Dawg
03-09-2015, 08:49 PM

No way in hell he would do that.

RealSNR
Its time to move on. What have you seen in the last three years that gonna get any better. Player is in decline dump him like a BB NE turd.

He's a good receiver. What the fuck have you seen from the other WRs on this team that makes you think they can be a good support cast for Maclin?

If Bowe will take a paycut, why the hell wouldn't you keep him? Maclin + Bowe + Wilson or DAT is a very good set of guys to have on the field. They all do different things and would present problems for other defenses.

Marcellus
That's because none of the new signings have happened yet. They're going to have to fit Maclin and Mauga in with $8 million of cap space.

Maclin looks to be around $5MM and Mauga $1MM.

BossChief
03-09-2015, 08:50 PM
They said on the radio that Maclin has a first year cap amount of 5m.

Mauga counts for 1.75.

That's without restructuring Alex Smith, cutting Bowe or trading/cutting Daniels. Those 3 moves can save us another 20m this year.

Chiefnj2
03-09-2015, 08:54 PM
Bowe deserves an above average QB once in his career. I hope he ends up on a contender.

srvy
03-09-2015, 08:56 PM
He's a good receiver. What the fuck have you seen from the other WRs on this team that makes you think they can be a good support cast for Maclin?

If Bowe will take a paycut, why the hell wouldn't you keep him? Maclin + Bowe + Wilson or DAT is a very good set of guys to have on the field. They all do different things and would present problems for other defenses.

Well for one he got his money and was a lazy turd. So what makes you think a pay cut will light a fire under him. Secondly we have done nothing ever with him. In our biggest games he no show's. If they can swing it I wouldn't mind a second tier free agent like Crabtree and using the draft that's deep for a receiver.

Marcellus
03-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Bowe deserves an above average QB once in his career. I hope he ends up on a contender.

Bowe who has been suspended 5 games over 2 season, made his dumbass importing women comment and cant figure out how to not drive while stoned when making $12MM a year, cant keep his feet in bounds or catch a ball without falling down, DEESERVES a better QB?

Fuck man the guy is an alright receiver when playing well but he doesn't deserve shit, he has been highly paid and always been inconsistent and has concentration issues.

LMAO

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Well for one he got his money and was a lazy turd. So what makes you think a pay cut will light a fire under him. Secondly we have done nothing ever with him. In our biggest games he no show's. If they can swing it I wouldn't mind a second tier free agent like Crabtree and using the draft that's deep for a receiver.

You'd get rid of Bowe but add on Crabtree, a WR that Alex was NEVER on the same page with?

He'd be the WR2, and going off his numbers when he was a starter, I'd expect the addition of Maclin to improve his stats.

ViperVisor
03-09-2015, 09:03 PM
I doubt Bowe blinks and takes KC's discount offer.

Maybe he panics and agrees. He maybe should. Market didn't have a 'wow' payday to have agents pointing to that as tone setter. A few decent FA options have yet to commit to a team.

Plus
Andre Johnson is gonna be cut.
Stevie Johnson is gonna be cut.

And the draft you have 3 Sure Fire 1st round guys
Amari Cooper
DeVante Parker
Kevin White

and this 3 fringe maybe 1st picks
Dorial Green-Beckham
Jalen Strong
Devin Smith

I'd be really surprised if Bowe ends up with the #1 WR role and the money that comes with that anywhere.

Mojo Jojo
03-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Let's see he's been suspended twice...showed up one year out of shape...tells Charles he needs to step it up now that he's been paid to prove you are worth the money while at the same time having his worst season since getting paid...he runs soft routes, and doesn't block out defenders from the ball.
He doesn't deserve anything...

O.city
03-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Bowe across from Maclin would be sweet.

srvy
03-09-2015, 09:05 PM
You'd get rid of Bowe but add on Crabtree, a WR that Alex was NEVER on the same page with?

He'd be the WR2, and going off his numbers when he was a starter, I'd expect the addition of Maclin to improve his stats.

yes.

Or resign Avant for veteran leadership. You sure wont get that from Bowe.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Bowe who has been suspended 5 games over 2 season, made his dumbass importing women comment and cant figure out how to not drive while stoned when making $12MM a year, cant keep his feet in bounds or catch a ball without falling down, DEESERVES a better QB?

Fuck man the guy is an alright receiver when playing well but he doesn't deserve shit, he has been highly paid and always been inconsistent and has concentration issues.

LMAO

Yes.

Those other things have nothing to do with the football field, and your last item is just you bitching that he's not Larry Lunchpail.

TimBone
03-09-2015, 09:06 PM
Bowe is such a polarizing Chief. I blame that on Alex Smith.

TimBone
03-09-2015, 09:06 PM

Oh yes.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 09:07 PM
yes.

Alex Smith hates Crabtree way more than he hates Bowe. That would be an abysmal signing. It'd also probably be more expensive than Bowe taking a hypothetical pay cut.

Marcellus
03-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Yes.

Those other things have nothing to do with the football field, and your last item is just you bitching that he's not Larry Lunchpail.

Fact is he has been Larry Lunchpail for 2 years. Avery had more explosive plays than Bowe in 2013.

Your eyes tell you Bowe is not that great, he isn't.

I predicted he would get $5MM as a FA so if he wants to stay here for that fine.

ViperVisor
03-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Not true. There was a big learning curve for Crabtree for sure.

1st.
Crabs is gonna go to the highest bidder. Not gonna be KC.

But when he was put in the slot in 2012 Smith was on fire throwing to Crabtree. It was something crazy like 75% completion

notorious
03-09-2015, 09:12 PM
We spend a shitload of money on Maclin and our cap number goes down?

Are they applying the Bronco formula to our cap?

O.city
03-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Bowe is still a good we, probably not 14 mil good onviously, but our qb doesn't help.

With other players around, he'd be a good #2.

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2015, 09:13 PM

Finally giving Bowe his true compliment.

The Franchise
03-09-2015, 09:13 PM
yes.

Your takes in football are worse than your taste in candy.

milkman
03-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Bowe needs to move on.

He needs a fresh start, with coach that can motivate, with a QB who is somewhere north of mediocre.

srvy
03-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Bowe needs to move on.

He needs a fresh start, with coach that can motivate, with a QB who is somewhere north of mediocre.

I agree he needs to sign on with the Steelers Haley for all his faults seemed to motivate him.

Discuss Thrower
03-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Bowe needs to move on.

Shame to say it, but you're right.

The dude has gone through four HCs, just a few more OCs than that and QBs like Huard and Thigpen yet he's produced enough to be a career active top 32 receiver.. And he's been the one guy who's had any sort of personality on the sidelines trying to get fans psyched up and into the game through all of the down years.

KC owes it to Dwayne to be successful elsewhere... Unless it's an AFC West team.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Not true. There was a big learning curve for Crabtree for sure.

1st.
Crabs is gonna go to the highest bidder. Not gonna be KC.

But when he was put in the slot in 2012 Smith was on fire throwing to Crabtree. It was something crazy like 75% completion

Fucking.

Go.

Away.

J Diddy
03-09-2015, 09:38 PM

This is how I did math in school.

This is also why I got a C in math in school.

It's BroncoCapology.

J Diddy
03-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Yes.

What?

If your ass isn't playing because youre doing dumb shit off the field then it is a football issue. If your ass is creating distractions because you don't have the common sense to shut up then it is a football issue.

Buehler445
03-09-2015, 09:43 PM

Please motherfucking GOD I hope so. I would love to start cheating like the cheating fucking donko bitchcunts.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 09:44 PM
What?

If your ass isn't playing because youre doing dumb shit off the field then it is a football issue. If your ass is creating distractions because you don't have the common sense to shut up then it is a football issue.

Bowe accidentally took a diuretic and got 4 games in a year when the Chiefs went 4-12.

And I'd hardly call his comment something that created a distraction.

Some of you people think Bowe is Rae fucking Carruth.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 09:46 PM
The fucking point is...

What should we expect Dorsey to do tomorrow? Nothing? No more clean-up measures before Maclin flies in to put his signature on a new deal?

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Bowe is not nearly the fucking villain ya'll think he is. JFC :facepalm:

srvy
03-09-2015, 09:48 PM

Nor is he the receiver many of you here think he is.

O.city
03-09-2015, 09:48 PM
The ****ing point is...

What should we expect Dorsey to do tomorrow? Nothing? No more clean-up measures before Maclin flies in to put his signature on a new deal?

I think they'll end up with an ol or 2 tomorrow. Maybe branch instead of overpaying parker?

TEX
03-09-2015, 09:51 PM
I think they'll end up with an ol or 2 tomorrow. Maybe branch instead of overpaying parker?

I think so too. :hmmm:

Dante84
03-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Maclin
Bowe
Avant
Wilson
Rookie (2nd round)
Hemmingway

Charles
Davis
DAT

Sherman

Kelce
Harris
Rookie (mid/late)

Smith
Murray
Rookie (Petty?)
Bray (IR)

That's a pretty good set up.

J Diddy
03-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Bowe accidentally took a diuretic and got 4 games in a year when the Chiefs went 4-12.

And I'd hardly call his comment something that created a distraction.

Some of you people think Bowe is Rae ****ing Carruth.

and some think he's black Jesus.

Dante84
03-09-2015, 09:53 PM

Jesus was black.

Sorry.

J Diddy
03-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Jesus was black.

Sorry.

RACIST

Buehler445
03-09-2015, 09:58 PM

This.

But we've been fighting this battle since his rookie year.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 09:59 PM

Bowe's empty head makes the comment about importing women. During the OFFSEASON, mind you.

OMG DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER!!!! CONTROVERSY! LOCKER ROOM DISTRACTION! OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!!!!

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2015, 10:00 PM

No one calls him a hall of famer. He's been our best WR for a long time. I love me some Bowe. Fuck ya'll

Hoover
03-09-2015, 10:07 PM
If Bowe took a significant pay cut and was out #2 wr I'd be thrilled. If he doesn't want to do that then bye bye.

I also think Houston is stupid for wanting to leave KC. Besides the Colts, there isn't a team out there that can give him what he wants in terms of a contract and who will be a playoff contender. KC is going to be damn good.

Fairplay
03-09-2015, 10:11 PM
I agree with Hoover, Bowe needs a huge cut in pay or he's gone no question about that.

This calls for the gif..............

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrEwCa8nSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445
03-09-2015, 10:12 PM

Compared to the fuckall we've ran out there he sure as fuck is.

Is he good enough to win a championship? Not by himself. Maybe earlier on.

But fuck you. You get Devard Darling. I'll keep Bowe.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 10:13 PM
I agree with Hoover, Bowe needs a huge cut in pay or he's gone no question about that.

This calls for the gif..............

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrEwCa8nSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do you know what a gif is?

Rausch
03-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Jesus was black.

Sorry.

Jews are black?

No wonder people can't agree on anything here...

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Compared to the ****all we've ran out there he sure as **** is.

Is he good enough to win a championship? Not by himself. Maybe earlier on.

But **** you. You get Devard Darling. I'll keep Bowe.

Fuck em. Give em Bobby Wade!

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2015, 10:26 PM
I've always appreciated Dwayne Bowe. But in all honesty, if he goes, I'm good with it.

I'm fucking TIRED of all of the nitwit fans that pick on Bowe because he drops a pass.

I'm TIRED of all of the fucktards that point to him because the Chiefs lost a game.

I'm TIRED of just hearing his name.

It's time for the fans to blame someone else.

The Franchise
03-09-2015, 10:27 PM
I've always appreciated Dwayne Bowe. But in all honesty, if he goes, I'm good with it.

I'm fucking TIRED of all of the nitwit fans that pick on Bowe because he drops a pass.

I'm TIRED of all of the fucktards that point to him because the Chiefs lost a game.

Yep....he gets more hate than he should.

Dante84
03-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Jews are black?

No wonder people can't agree on anything here...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Whoopi_Goldberg_at_a_NYC_No_on_Proposition_8_Rally.jpg

http://chicandglamorous.com.s181234.gridserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/lenny_kravitz.jpg

https://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/screen-shot-2014-01-19-at-9-33-08-am.png?w=753

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 10:29 PM

100% agree

NJChiefsFan
03-09-2015, 10:32 PM

I'm ****ing TIRED of all of the nitwit fans that pick on Bowe because he drops a pass.

I'm TIRED of all of the ****tards that point to him because the Chiefs lost a game.

I've always liked him too. He is a weird guy on and off the field. He makes goofy decisions or poorly timed drops. But as you said people blow it way out of proportion. If he played with green as qb his legacy would be different.

People get on him for his "attitude". Yet all through the disaster that has been this passing game he hasn't complained or been a drama queen. His teammates and coaches have all praised his work ethic. That gets no attention from some fans. All they care about is that he points to his name. That drives me absolutely crazy. It's not a big deal. Get the fuck over it. He cares about the team. If u think pointing to his name proves otherwise you are oblivious.

Mr. Kotter
03-09-2015, 10:33 PM
If Bowe took a significant pay cut and was out #2 wr I'd be thrilled. If he doesn't want to do that then bye bye.

I also think Houston is stupid for wanting to leave KC. Besides the Colts, there isn't a team out there that can give him what he wants in terms of a contract and who will be a playoff contender. KC is going to be damn good.

THIS...nice, Hoov. :clap:

Discuss Thrower
03-09-2015, 10:34 PM

Most of this.

kccrow
03-09-2015, 10:34 PM
It's going to take just over 6.5 million in cap for 2015 to sign all the draft picks. What I'm assuming at this point is that Bowe is going to be a June 1 cut and his release is what will give KC that 6.5 million and another 3 million in operating room going into the season.

Whatever room is made from here on out will have to be done with more cuts, which are running out quick, and an Alex Smith restructure. Smith can free up about 8.1 million, but the remaining guys to cut are basically Chase Daniel at 3.8 m and a couple guys like Allen would free up 1 m.

The only other guys that can clear significant cap space are guys nobody wants to get rid of: trading Houston on a franchise tender, trading Jamaal Charles (6.6 m), cutting Derrick Johnson (5.25 m), or cutting or trading Sean Smith (5.5 m)

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 10:36 PM
I've always liked him too. He is a weird guy on and off the field. He makes goofy decisions or poorly timed drops. But as you said people blow it way out of proportion. If he played with green as qb his legacy would be different.

People get on him for his "attitude". Yet all through the disaster that has been this passing game he hasn't complained or been a drama queen. His teammates and coaches have all praised his work ethic. That gets no attention from some fans. All they care about is that he points to his name. That drives me absolutely crazy. It's not a big deal.

And in my opinion, the fans who go, "He just PLAYS lazy" are doing the very thing they chide other fans for doing-- claiming that they know more than the coaches.

They're watching a game and don't detect enough energy from a player through their TV screens. Therefore, Bowe is lazy and dogging it because he already got his money and just wants to blow it on weed and imported women.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 10:38 PM
It's going to take just over 6.5 million in cap for 2015 to sign all the draft picks. What I'm assuming at this point is that Bowe is going to be a June 1 cut and his release is what will give KC that 6.5 million and another 3 million in operating room going into the season.

Whatever room is made from here on out will have to be done with more cuts, which are running out quick, and an Alex Smith restructure. Smith can free up about 8.1 million, but the remaining guys to cut are basically Chase Daniel at 3.8 m and a couple guys like Allen would free up 1 m.

The only other guys that can clear significant cap space are guys nobody wants to get rid of: trading Houston on a franchise tender, trading Jamaal Charles (6.6 m), cutting Derrick Johnson (5.25 m), or cutting or trading Sean Smith (5.5 m)
Thanks for answering my question.

The Franchise
03-09-2015, 10:40 PM
And Bowe isn't yelling at Smith about his 3 targets per game. He's too busy blocking for Charles.

NJChiefsFan
03-09-2015, 10:41 PM
And in my opinion, the fans who go, "He just PLAYS lazy" are doing the very thing they chide other fans for doing-- claiming that they know more than the coaches.

They're watching a game and don't detect enough energy from a player through their TV screens. Therefore, Bowe is lazy and dogging it because he already got his money and just wants to blow it on weed and imported women.

The coaches only know better when it's convenient to their argument. You can tell when reid talks about bowes effort that it's not just coach speak.

Bowe has made mistakes. Said and done dumb things. Made dumb decisions on the field and has not always made the above average play when we needed it. He isn't worth his cap hit. But he hasn't been the problem. He has produced pretty well considering the qbs and passing philosophy over the years. If cut, and if he finds a good spot, he is going to show that.

Rausch
03-09-2015, 10:41 PM
And Bowe isn't yelling at Smith about his 3 targets per game. He's too busy blocking for Charles.

Between Dat/Charles/Davis I'd love to see him blocking 30-35 plays a game...

DenverChief
03-09-2015, 10:42 PM

This is why I think the Chiefs let him walk. They really can't afford him but they want something significant in return. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have at least 2 offer sheets already in the works. I'd bet Jacksonvile is a major player. They (Jax) will ink Julius Thomas tomorrow.

The Franchise
03-09-2015, 10:48 PM
If anyone signs Houston to an offer sheet....it will be after the draft.

Dave Lane
03-09-2015, 10:49 PM
No one calls him a hall of famer. He's been our best WR for a long time. I love me some Bowe. Fuck ya'll

Completely this!

kccrow
03-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Thanks for answering my question.

No prob.

I'm looking at the Chiefs being approximately 8 million under. If they restructure Alex they get to 16 m. They sign Maclin they are probably at 7 m under. They can add a few low-key signings. Cut Bowe June 1 and sign the draft picks. The splash is over unless they trade Houston.

DenverChief
03-09-2015, 10:50 PM
If anyone signs Houston to an offer sheet....it will be after the draft.

Idk. Could happen before.

Dave Lane
03-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Do you know what a gif is?

Dude is dumber than a mud fence.

srvy
03-09-2015, 10:58 PM

I wouldn't take much from what a coach says in season he wont call out a player in front of the press. Only coach that got away with that was Parcells. The telling tail IMO was Dorsey at year end said something to the effect we realize we had a problem at receiver and we are going to fix it. That told me what they really thought. But look at the bright side this will make AS shine like a diamond in a goats ass if they put play makers at wide outs and he still wont use them.

kccrow
03-09-2015, 10:58 PM
This is why I think the Chiefs let him walk. They really can't afford him but they want something significant in return. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have at least 2 offer sheets already in the works. I'd bet Jacksonvile is a major player. They (Jax) will ink Julius Thomas tomorrow.

Could be. Also could be the best scenario for the Chiefs in reality. I know there is no guarantee KC gets another Justin Houston, and he'd be a tough one to lose.

Those two firsts could build a nice future for the Chiefs and the cap space could allow them to create a more competitive roster this year. I don't know, I'm torn. I really like Houston, but the Chiefs are backed into a corner and there are a few teams out there with alot of money and a need for his services.

If they did trade Houston, they could ink a guy like Worilds for probably 8 m and add a couple other guys with the 5 m remaining. Hell, they could retain Bowe to play opposite Maclin. I know Worilds is not Justin Houston, but he is a reasonably adequate pass rusher.

Rausch
03-09-2015, 11:01 PM
What's the point of building through the draft if we're just going to let a top talent walk once we find one?...

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't take much from what a coach says in season he wont call out a player in front of the press. Only coach that got away with that was Parcells. The telling tail IMO was Dorsey at year end said something to the effect we realize we had a problem at receiver and we are going to fix it. That told me what they really thought. But look at the bright side this will make AS shine like a diamond in a goats ass if they put play makers at wide outs and he still wont use them.

The one thing that EVERY coach will tell you is that a player who struggles is far preferable to a decent player who dogs it, has a bad attitude, and doesn't help the team when he can because he just doesn't feel like it.

If that were the case with Bowe, I GUARANTEE you his ass would have found the bench. But it didn't. He kept blocking on designed screens and running plays (and did a damn good job of it, too). He went over the middle and wasn't afraid to get hit. He fought through tackles. He was a good teammate. When Andy Reid says Bowe gives full effort in practice, he's not just making shit up. If he were, he'd probably say something like, "Bowe is a pretty good player. Really talented kid."

If Bowe is so fucking lazy, how come he got open so often? How come he was better than all of our other receivers? I mean, he's decent-sized, but he's not exactly David Boston or Calvin Johnson. That's not his advantage. If he just dogged it on a bunch of routes, why did Alex bother trying to target him as much as he did?

If that's what you're basing your opinion of Bowe's effort on, and your response to Andy Reid's comments on Bowe are, "Reid is just saying that to not create a controversy," you ARE doing exactly what other fans do-- thinking you know more about a player than the coaches do.

Have some Necco wafers and circus peanuts, dude. You'll feel better.

Rausch
03-09-2015, 11:17 PM
The one thing that EVERY coach will tell you is that a player who struggles is far preferable to a decent player who dogs it, has a bad attitude, and doesn't help the team when he can because he just doesn't feel like it.

If that were the case with Bowe, I GUARANTEE you his ass would have found the bench. But it didn't. He kept blocking on designed screens and running plays (and did a damn good job of it, too). He went over the middle and wasn't afraid to get hit. He fought through tackles. He was a good teammate. When Andy Reid says Bowe gives full effort in practice, he's not just making shit up. If he were, he'd probably say something like, "Bowe is a pretty good player. Really talented kid."

If Bowe is so ****ing lazy, how come he got open so often? How come he was better than all of our other receivers? I mean, he's decent-sized, but he's not exactly David Boston or Calvin Johnson. That's not his advantage. If he just dogged it on a bunch of routes, why did Alex bother trying to target him as much as he did?

If that's what you're basing your opinion of Bowe's effort on, and your response to Andy Reid's comments on Bowe are, "Reid is just saying that to not create a controversy," you ARE doing exactly what other fans do-- thinking you know more about a player than the coaches do.

It's not all on Bowe. He's older now.
His QB isn't aggressive.
His QB was playing behind one of the worst O lines in the NFL last year.
We also played some damned good teams.

It's not all on him, but it's part him, and that salary is huge...

srvy
03-09-2015, 11:18 PM

If Bowe is so fucking lazy, how come he got open so often? How come he was better than all of our other receivers? I mean, he's decent-sized, but he's not exactly David Boston or Calvin Johnson. That's not his advantage. If he just dogged it on a bunch of routes, why did Alex bother trying to target him as much as he did?

Strangely your defense of him is basically trying to read Reids mind also. If I remember right Haley pretty much called Bowe out for dogging and actually got the kid back on path.

Maybe have some Necco wafers and a circus peanut might brighten your day.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 11:21 PM
It's not all on Bowe. He's older now.
His QB isn't aggressive.
His QB was playing behind one of the worst O lines in the NFL last year.
We also played some damned good teams.

It's not all on him, but it's part him, and that salary is huge...

He's not worth the pricetag. There's not a single CPer who disagrees with that.

This is about old farts like srvy who think Bowe is selfish and lazy.

RealSNR
03-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Strangely your defense of him is basically trying to read Reids mind also. If I remember right Haley pretty much called Bowe out for dogging and actually got the kid back on path.

Maybe have some Necco wafers and a circus peanut might brighten your day.

I'd rather shove a cactus up my ass than eat those disgusting commodities that you and your friends from the pre-Cambrian refer to as "candy"

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2015, 02:33 AM
This is about old farts like srvy who think Bowe is selfish and lazy.
Yes, and anyone who thinks this should just watch him block in the run game.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2015, 09:17 AM

just die

I hope you and Bowe go to another team so you can whine and moan about that QB.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2015, 09:24 AM
just die

Enjoy another season of captain checkdown and his trusty sidekick Andy "5 runs is enough for Charles" Reid.

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2015, 09:26 AM
just die

If Bowe puts up the same numbers on a different team, you'll be cramming it down our throats.

Believe me, if he excells, you'll see his stats on here every fucking week. I'll make a weekly thread.

IowaChiefs83
03-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Trade Alex Smith to the Bills for Matt Cassel. Bowe will play better then.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2015, 09:38 AM
If Bowe puts up the same numbers on a different team, you'll be cramming it down our throats.

Believe me, if he excells, you'll see his stats on here every ****ing week. I'll make a weekly thread.
i'm sure you will. Every catch Bowe makes will bring out all his groupies.

just like every pass Geno completes
or Sanchez
or Leinart
or Clausen
or Bridgewater
Go Jets!
Go RGIII!
Go Kaepernick!
Go Russell Wilson!
Go any QB not on the Chiefs!
Leave Dorsey Alone!! :hmmm:

Rausch
03-10-2015, 09:41 AM

Believe me, if he excells, you'll see his stats on here every ****ing week. I'll make a weekly thread.

As long as he doesn't go to a div. rival I hope he has a great end to his career. I don't dislike the guy it's just not smart to pay/keep him at this point...

keg in kc
03-10-2015, 09:42 AM

or Sanchez
or Leinart
or Clausen
or Bridgewater
Go Jets!
Go RGIII!
Go Kaepernick!
Go Russell Wilson!
Leave Dorsey Alone!! Like that sword doesn't cut both ways.

Mile High Mania
03-10-2015, 09:42 AM
As long as he doesn't go to a div. rival I hope he has a great end to his career. I don't dislike the guy it's just not smart to pay/keep him at this point...

Hmmm.. wonder what he could do to fill the void left by Thomas in Denver? :evil:

Mr. Laz
03-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Like that sword doesn't cut both ways.

really, you mean Chiefs' fans support Chiefs' players fanatically?

It's almost like they are supposed to our something. :hmmm:

Rausch
03-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Hmmm.. wonder what he could do to fill the void left by Thomas in Denver? :evil:

You'd dislike that more than we would...

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2015, 10:00 AM

or Sanchez
or Leinart
or Clausen
or Bridgewater
Go Jets!
Go RGIII!
Go Kaepernick!
Go Russell Wilson!
Leave Dorsey Alone!! :hmmm:Completely different scenario. None of them were Chiefs. I couldn't give a fuck less about any of them.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Completely different scenario. None of them were Chiefs. I couldn't give a **** less about any of them.

fair enough, but that is not the case with everyone.

There are absolutely people on this board that cheer against the best interest of the Chiefs just to troll people on this board. There are people on this board who want Geno Smith to come to Arrowhead and throw the game-winning touchdown pass to beat the Chiefs JUST to be able to talk shit on this board.

There are ABSOLUTELY people on this board who hope that Bowe goes to a team like Denver and leads the league in receiving. They ABSOLUTELY hope that Bowe catches 5 touchdowns from Manning to rout the Chiefs and knock them out of the playoffs.

It's not the same either. People hoping that the QB for their team plays well, so they can talk shit, is not the same as rooting for a player on another team to talk shit. Not even in the same universe.

King_Chief_Fan
03-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Stay or leave it doesnt matter.

I cant believe there was 0 WR that couldnt get open down field.
I would love for Alex to prove me wrong, but i doubt he is going to start throwing down field to Maclin or anyone else.
Bowe will do better elsewhere with a qb that loves to throw to a guy that can make the circus catches.

saphojunkie
03-10-2015, 10:23 AM

or Sanchez
or Leinart
or Clausen
or Bridgewater
Go Jets!
Go RGIII!
Go Kaepernick!
Go Russell Wilson!
Leave Dorsey Alone!! :hmmm:

Uh... does not belong on list.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Uh... does not belong on list.
sure it does, it's not a list of suck

Its a list of players on other teams that some Chiefs' fans cheer for just to troll others.

Color Red
03-10-2015, 11:48 AM

We need to pay someone to block for Maclin after he catches the ball. Between the two it'll cost about 25 mil a year to score touchdowns.

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2015, 11:55 AM

There are absolutely people on this board that cheer against the best interest of the Chiefs just to troll people on this board. There are people on this board who want Geno Smith to come to Arrowhead and throw the game-winning touchdown pass to beat the Chiefs JUST to be able to talk shit on this board.

There are ABSOLUTELY people on this board who hope that Bowe goes to a team like Denver and leads the league in receiving. They ABSOLUTELY hope that Bowe catches 5 touchdowns from Manning to rout the Chiefs and knock them out of the playoffs.

It's not the same either. People hoping that the QB for their team plays well, so they can talk shit, is not the same as rooting for a player on another team to talk shit. Not even in the same universe.

I'd hate for him to go to Denver or Oakland.

RealSNR
03-10-2015, 11:58 AM

My caricature of you in the roast thread was spot on.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2015, 12:20 PM
My caricature of you in the roast thread was spot on.
Didn't go into that thread but it's nice to know i'm in your thoughts.

OnTheWarpath15
03-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Any ideas on the holdup to create more space?

I'm showing $6.4M available as of right now. That's without the Maclin signing, which will eat almost all of it.

Any ideas as to why they are waiting to cut Bowe?

If you're going to do it, what is the advantage to waiting a day?

BossChief
03-10-2015, 03:46 PM
]

Any ideas on the holdup to create more space?

I'm showing $6.4M available as of right now. That's without the Maclin signing, which will eat almost all of it.

Any ideas as to why they are waiting to cut Bowe?

If you're going to do it, what is the advantage to waiting a day?

They waited till June to cut Flowers last year and got negative press for it.

I bet they want to do the same to Bowe, but don't want to earn the rep as a team that screws over players.

Not sure why they are waiting the extra day but I'd be willing to bet it has to do with wording in his contract.

kccrow
03-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Bowe is not a bad receiver. Bowe's salary is just too high for his production within this offense and with this quarterback. If Bowe was making 6 million instead of 14, not a soul would be making a peep.