PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Props to John Dorsey this month

RunKC
03-12-2015, 02:32 PM
The work he's done this month has been top notch. Getting 2 very talented players at a position of need,bringing in a good player on a deal to protect the team and get low risk/high reward compensation incentives and most importantly getting the cap in line to bring said players in by restructuring multiple players.

Can't wait for the draft!

TribalElder
03-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Super Bowl L Champions!

Bootlegged
03-12-2015, 02:34 PM
These emotions needed their own thread.

Iconic
03-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Dorsey is bae.

In58men
03-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Waiting after the draft to get my hopes. This offseason "so far" was an improvement.

Coochie liquor
03-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Waiting after the draft to get my hopes. This offseason "so far" was an improvement.

Who are you??

petegz28
03-12-2015, 02:50 PM

Anything less than 22 probowl selection and 10 impacting draft picks is fail.....:D

temper11
03-12-2015, 02:56 PM
The work he's done this month has been top notch. Getting 2 very talented players at a position of need,bringing in a good player on a deal to protect the team and get low risk/high reward compensation incentives and most importantly getting the cap in line to bring said players in by restructuring multiple players.

I'm calling it. KC wins the superbowl in the niners brand new stadium! :D

Mav
03-12-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm calling it. KC wins the superbowl in the niners brand new stadium! :D
With Jim Harbaugh hugging alex Smith after raising the Lombardi.

In58men
03-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Anything less than 22 probowl selection and 10 impacting draft picks is fail.....:D

ALWAYS a want more no matter what. Never give up, hustle and grind 24/7. Get Money...

Nickel D
03-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Super Bowl L Champions!

There is no "Super Bowl L". It is and always will be Super Bowl 50.

O.city
03-12-2015, 03:50 PM
So with the jets loading up in corners, millner might come cheap. Buy low sell high option?

FlaChief58
03-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Dorsey poppin it like it's hot

Edit: I'm a middle age white guy so, I hope I used that phrase right

temper11
03-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Dorsey poppin it like it's hot

Edit: I'm a middle age white guy so, I hope I used that phrase right

I don't think that's right, I believe the proper term here is Dorsey is "raising up the ceiling!".

Chief_For_Life58
03-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Uh whose the other really talented player he picked up other than maclin?

FlaChief58
03-12-2015, 04:10 PM
I don't think that's right, I believe the proper term here is Dorsey is "raising up the ceiling!".

In my day that term was "raise the roof" I'll never get you crazy kids

LoneWolf
03-12-2015, 04:12 PM

Ben Grubbs

FlaChief58
03-12-2015, 04:13 PM

Grubbs is a massive upgrade to what we've had

temper11
03-12-2015, 04:13 PM
In my day that term was "raise the roof" I'll never get you crazy kids

:D

O.city
03-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Now just hope that they don't give big money to parker

Easy 6
03-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Grubbs is a massive upgrade to what we've had

Damn right, he isnt some talented but wide-eyed rookie whose head is swimming in all of the assignments and concepts he's going to be asked to perform.

Nope, he's a real deal vet that can step in and not only immediately hold his spot down... but can also help Fisher and Kush out as they go.

Dorsey was the American Sniper this offseason, did everything the team needed and then some... and we STILL have the draft to look forward to.

A+ free agency in my opinion.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 05:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dk8pAsJ.gif

Easy 6
03-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Go do some crunches and shaddup, you wouldnt know thrilling if it came up and drop kicked your solar plexus.

jd1020
03-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Go do some crunches and shaddup, you wouldnt know thrilling if it came up and drop kicked your solar plexus.

I'm getting flashbacks of the 2012 offseason.

Saccopoo
03-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Dorsey is bae.

You know that's the Danish term for "poop."

Saccopoo
03-12-2015, 05:29 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9qVz0aUXLEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-12-2015, 05:30 PM

What players are you talking about ? You didn't mention one goddamn name !

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 05:31 PM

+ Maclin - Bowe is a lateral move. Maybe a SLIGHT improvement. The biggest plus is he's younger.

Grubbs is a 31-year old guard, but at least that's a huge improvement over the dumpster fire we had out there.

So, nice.

Red Dawg
03-12-2015, 05:34 PM
He look good right now for sure. He really needs to nailnthe first four draft picks. The AFC is looking tougher by the minute.

jd1020
03-12-2015, 05:35 PM
+ Maclin - Bowe is a lateral move. Maybe a SLIGHT improvement. The biggest plus is he's younger.

Grubbs is a 31-year old guard, but at least that's a huge improvement over the dumpster fire we had out there.

So, nice.

I like the Grubbs trade. Pretty ironic, though. Considering how everyone felt about paying an interior lineman money. Can't pay Hudson, but Grubbs is the man!

MTG#10
03-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Im holding off to see what happens with Houston before I start sucking his dick just yet.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 05:43 PM
I like the Grubbs trade. Pretty ironic, though. Considering how everyone felt about paying an interior lineman money. Can't pay Hudson, but Grubbs is the man!

Yeah. Come to think of it we're really just filling a hole there, too.

I'm not sure the team is better, unless Kush steps up huge and we get a dynamite R1WR.

Iconic
03-12-2015, 05:45 PM
You know that's the Danish term for "poop."

I think you mean bę.

temper11
03-12-2015, 05:47 PM

I'm not sure the team is better, unless Kush steps up huge and we get a dynamite R1WR.

Was thinking this too... but it was pissing on my happy thought so I pushed it out of my mind.

mdchiefsfan
03-12-2015, 05:50 PM

Must keep the hate flowing. Chiefs success depends on it

Easy 6
03-12-2015, 06:05 PM

And?

That offseason vaulted us from a 2-14 disgrace with a murder suicide thrown in for good measure, to a playoff team that was a defensive collapse away from advancing past the first round.

This offseason score looks for all the world like a true coup... c'mon JD... you're excited about these three moves, anyone in their right mind is.

jd1020
03-12-2015, 06:06 PM
And?

That offseason vaulted us from a 2-14 disgrace with a murder suicide thrown in for good measure, to a playoff team that was a defensive collapse away from advancing past the first round.

This offseason score looks for all the world like a true coup... c'mon JD... you're excited about these three moves, anyone in their right mind is.

I think you are mistaking 2012 for 2013.

2012 was the year Pioli signed Winston, Hillis, Boss, and Routt and everyone was like "TO THE SHIP!"

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 06:08 PM
This offseason score looks for all the world like a true coup..

LMAO

Really?

Step back and realize:

Hudson out, Grubbs in.
Bowe out, Maclin in.

It's nice that we filled the holes, but I don't see a markedly improved team.

beach tribe
03-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Holy shit. We got Ben Grubbs too?

I missed that. Wow. That is a solid, much needed get.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-12-2015, 06:11 PM
LMAO

Really?

Step back and realize:

Hudson out, Grubbs in.
Bowe out, Maclin in.

Funny when did Hudson and Grubbs play the same position.

beach tribe
03-12-2015, 06:19 PM
LMAO

Really?

Step back and realize:

Hudson out, Grubbs in.
Bowe out, Maclin in.

Maclin is huge upgrade over Bowe in this offense.
If Smith will actually throw him the ball, which remains to be seen.

And Grubbs definitely takes the sting out of losing Hudson.

These signings may be huge, maybe not, but they definitely show that our GM is putting in his due diligence.

I don't want to make this thread about him, but it still all depends on what Smith does with all this, which takes a lot of the excitement out of it having lost almost all faith in him getting the most out of these guys.

Hope I'm wrong...doubt it.

Sorry for bringing up Smith, everybody.

Easy 6
03-12-2015, 06:40 PM
I think you are mistaking 2012 for 2013.

2012 was the year Pioli signed Winston, Hillis, Boss, and Routt and everyone was like "TO THE SHIP!"

o:-) thats the, how say, ahhh yes show.

Yet do you seriously think these moves are no better than those overall? I only ask that with snark, in no way do I think they are the same for you... you recognize these new moves as actual upgrades like we all do.

These new guys havent been signed to a directionless and doomed team... this new crew actually seems to have a plan, and these new signings fit perfectly into it.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Albert Wilson >>> Dwayne Bowe.

In this offense, as was pretty evident late in the season, this is true.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Funny when did Hudson and Grubbs play the same position.

They are interior OL. Losing one and adding another of similar talent is going to have about the same impact. Trying to be optimistic actually, since C is more important than G.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 06:43 PM

Ah, the justification begins.

Sickening homers.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Ah, the justification begins.

Sickening homers.

At this stage in their careers what does Dwayne Bowe do better than Wilson?

Please, go ahead.

The only thing you can say is he is bigger. That is literally it.

Easy 6
03-12-2015, 06:47 PM
LMAO

Really?

Step back and realize:

Hudson out, Grubbs in.
Bowe out, Maclin in.

Young guy with plenty still to prove yet asking for the moon in a buyers market?

Yes, Hudson was not worth what he was asking at all... you damn well know this.

Bowe... its not about 1000 yard seasons, Maclin is just the better fit for this QB, his skillset is tailor made for Smith. Maclin is going to get that half second separation that Bowe didnt, thats IT, thats the magic sauce for this QB.

Get open for a split second and he'll gun it into you... he flat out doesnt fully trust box out-body catchers... Maclin will excel with Smith, it will be a massive improvement.

Chiefnj2
03-12-2015, 06:50 PM

Please, go ahead.

Bowe does everything better at this point. Championing a guy with 16 career receptions?

He might develop, he might not. To date, he hasn't accomplished anything.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Bowe does everything better at this point. Championing a guy with 16 career receptions?

He might develop, he might not. To date, he hasn't accomplished anything.

Wilson runs 4.3. Wilson catches the ball with his actual ****ing hands. Wilson runs more than 3 routes, and does so pretty well. Wilson stretches the field and can actually get open downfield. He can take a screen to the house. Basically, anything he can do, Dwayne Bowe CAN'T.

jd1020
03-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Wilson runs 4.3. Wilson catches the ball with his actual ****ing hands. Wilson runs more than 3 routes, and does so pretty well. Wilson stretches the field and can actually get open downfield. He can take a screen to the house. Basically, anything he can do, Dwayne Bowe CAN'T.

Bowe has done everything you said except run a 4.3. And Wilson has never taken anything to the house.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Bowe has done everything you said except run a 4.3. And Wilson has never taken anything to the house.

yeah.... 5 years ago. ROFL

I honestly don't think I have seen Bowe ever use his hands to catch the ball. Not in any significant play.

So many of you begged them to cut Bowe for so long, cause he has indeed sucked, and now that it happens we are losing a big piece.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Bowe... its not about 1000 yard seasons, Maclin is just the better fit for this QB, his skillset is tailor made for Smith.

Uh huh.

What I see in Maclin is a guy who couldn't get 1,000 yards with better QBs, who had bigger arms and were more willing to make NFL throws. Now he has a guy who has NEVER produced a 1,000-yard WR.

He got 1,000 yards in an up-tempo crazy ninja offense that isn't coming to KC.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:02 PM

Bowe has not burned anyone down the field, ever. Bowe has not been a deep threat for the last few seasons if he ever truly was at all.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Uh huh.

What I see in Maclin is a guy who couldn't get 1,000 yards with better QBs, who had bigger arms and were more willing to make NFL throws. Now he has a guy who has NEVER produced a 1,000-yard WR.

Hey, Professor, Maclin was also a #2 until last year where he did get over 1,000. Bowe has been a #1 his entire career. Nice try.

jd1020
Bowe has not burned anyone down the field, ever. Bowe has not been a deep threat for the last few seasons if he ever truly was at all.

Lots of gifs out there with Bowe wide open downfield. He burned someone to get open.

chiefzilla1501

Wilson has played a few games. Let's not get carried away with this.

Bowe used to have terrific ability to make the difficult catch. I'd be curious if he can still do it and I bet he can. Smith won't throw a ball to a receiver unless he's wide open or he's throwing it in the bread basket.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Lots of gifs out there with Bowe wide open downfield. He burned someone to get open.

If you want to believe that Bowe is\was a deep ball threat then you go right on ahead. Bowe is a possession\YAC WR.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-12-2015, 07:04 PM
LMAO

Really?

Step back and realize:

Hudson out, Grubbs in.
Bowe out, Maclin in.

Anybody can hike a god damn football. we needed guards.

jd1020
03-12-2015, 07:05 PM
If you want to believe that Bowe is\was a deep ball threat then you go right on ahead. Bowe is a possession\YAC WR.

I don't believe he was but saying he never burned anyone downfield is a flatout lie, moron.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:09 PM
I don't believe he was but saying he never burned anyone downfield is a flatout lie, moron.

Broken clock and a dog's ass...dickhead

jd1020
03-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Broken clock and a dog's ass...dickhead

Sick burn... pun intended.

J Diddy
03-12-2015, 07:11 PM

Prolly did.

Prolly also dropped the pass.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Hey, Professor, Maclin was also a #2 until last year where he did get over 1,000. Bowe has been a #1 his entire career. Nice try.

Maclin played in an offense where they ran a shit ton more snaps than anyone else in the NFL. They had more than 20 percent MORE passing attempts than the Chiefs.

His production in Philadelphia last year is a lie.

We need to hope he can be a big play guy here, because he's not going to produce huge gobs of yards. I'm hoping for a 45-catch, 900 yard season.

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2015, 07:16 PM

Please, go ahead.

Holy shit.

Go look at the second year stats of Wayne Chrebet, Wes Welker and Rod Smith and tell me with 80% certainty Albert Wilson will be anywhere near what Bowe did in his second year.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Maclin played in an offense where they ran a shit ton more snaps than anyone else in the NFL. They had more than 20 percent MORE passing attempts than the Chiefs.

His production in Philadelphia last year is a lie.

We need to hope he can be a big play guy here, because he's not going to produce huge gobs of yards. I'm hoping for a 45-catch, 900 yard season.

Okay so we've gone from comparing a #1 WR to a #2 WR to now calling his performance last year a lie.

Keep moving the goal posts....

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Keep moving the goal posts....

Who's moving goal posts?

If you account for the Eagles running a shit ton more plays than the Chiefs (21 percent more passing plays), Maclin's 2014 production drops to 1,041 yards.

Now account for QB play.

900 yards.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Who's moving goal posts?

If you account for the Eagles running a shit ton more plays than the Chiefs (21 percent more passing plays), Maclin's 2014 production drops to 1,041 yards.

Now account for QB play.

900 yards.

You are. You started off trying to compare a #2 WR to a #1 WR. Now you're trying this "well, if they ran less plays, bla bla bla"

Easy 6
03-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Uh huh.

Yeah fine, this isnt even worth arguing.

All of teh offseason moves have sucked and the team is going nowhere but backward.... thanks for the premium content, Ace.

Bowe approached 800 yards with a style that doesnt suit Smith at all, to think that Maclin cant get another 3-400 with his quickness in/out of breaks is just Clay doing another Clay.

I wont be dragged into your shit, anyone that refuses to happy about anything that just happened like yourself... is flat out trolling, and you can shove that schtick.

Its old.

Its tired.

Take a middling tack or something, but this same old "shit on every move" deal is a joke... you need more indian food that looks like a pile of literal shit, that'll fix it.

jd1020
03-12-2015, 07:24 PM
This whole ****ing #1 vs #2 thing is the biggest crock of shit argument ever.

Only in 2009 (Maclins rookie year) did DeSean Jackson have more receptions than Jeremy Maclin.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:26 PM
This whole ****ing #1 vs #2 thing is the biggest crock of shit argument ever.

Only in 2009 (Maclins rookie year) did DeSean Jackson have more receptions than Jeremy Maclin.

So now Maclin was a #1??

jd1020
03-12-2015, 07:26 PM
So now Maclin was a #1??

Who gives a **** about the number besides you?

Maclin lead the receivers in receptions every year except 2009, dumbass.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-12-2015, 07:27 PM
In the last 4 games last season (Albert Wilson's starts)

Wilson: 12 catches, 209 yards, longest reception 48 yards.

Bowe: 14 catches, 185 yards, longest reception 37 yards.

So you tell me.

He was only getting his feet wet for the first time.

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:27 PM

All of teh offseason moves have sucked and the team is going nowhere but backward.... thanks for the premium content, Ace.

Bowe approached 800 yards with a style that doesnt suit Smith at all, to think that Maclin cant get another 3-400 with his quickness in/out of breaks is just Clay doing another Clay.

I wont be dragged into your shit, anyone that refuses to happy about anything that just happened like yourself... is flat out trolling, and you can shove that schtick.

Its old.

Its tired.

Take a middling tack or something, but this same old "shit on every move" deal is a joke... you need more indian food that looks like a pile of literal shit, that'll fix it.

Some here aren't happy unless they just bitch about any and everything this team does.

J Diddy
03-12-2015, 07:28 PM
In the last 4 games last season (Albert Wilson's starts)

Wilson: 12 catches, 209 yards, longest reception 48 yards.

Bowe: 14 catches, 185 yards, longest reception 37 yards.

So you tell me.

He was only getting his feet wet for the first time.

I'm curious. Are there 18 other pugsnotdrugs who signed up in front of you?

petegz28
03-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Who gives a **** about the number besides you?

Maclin lead the receivers in receptions every year except 2009, dumbass.

And has a higher avg than Bowe. ....

Has longer receptions than Bowe as well...

Oh and 8 less TD's in 3 less seasons....

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 07:38 PM

You're acting like a woman now.

No one said Maclin was a piece of shit, but to suggest he is going to be more productive than Bowe, based on his career to date, is wishful thinking. He does some things better than Bowe, and some things worse.

Especially with Smith at QB.

beach tribe
03-12-2015, 07:44 PM

No one said Maclin was a piece of shit, but to suggest he is going to be more productive than Bowe, based on his career to date, is wishful thinking. He does some things better than Bowe, and some things worse.

I'd be willing to make an Av bet that Maclin's #s are far better than what Bowe was able to put up here.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 07:45 PM
I'd be willing to make an Av bet that Maclin's #s are far better than what Bowe was able to put up here.

The last two seasons, certainly.

I would be surprised if he hit 1,000.

Like I said: 45 catches, 900 yards.

cdcox
03-12-2015, 08:01 PM

In this offense, as was pretty evident late in the season, this is true.

Wake me up when Wilson racks up his 4th 1000 yard season. A guy has a 260 yard season and he's all the sudden on track to be the most productive WR in Chiefs history. C'mon, man.

jd1020
03-12-2015, 08:06 PM

You think he'll avg 20 YPC?

beach tribe
03-12-2015, 08:07 PM
The last two seasons, certainly.

I would be surprised if he hit 1,000.

20 ypc?

Doubt that.

I'd say 70 for 950, with his ability to stretch the field contributing to a huge year from Kelce, which Bowe could not do.

So how would that not be quite an upgrade which you don't seem to think he will be?

pugsnotdrugs19
03-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Wake me up when Wilson racks up his 4th 1000 yard season. A guy has a 260 yard season and he's all the sudden on track to be the most productive WR in Chiefs history. C'mon, man.

damn man... read more of the comments. I said at this stage, he is better. And the numbers in his 4 starts compared to Bowe in those same games proved it.

You all have got to let go of the past. You just referenced Bowe having a 1,000 yard season, which he hasn't done since 2011. :clap:

cdcox
03-12-2015, 09:05 PM
damn man... read more of the comments. I said at this stage, he is better. And the numbers in his 4 starts compared to Bowe in those same games proved it.

You all have got to let go of the past. You just referenced Bowe having a 1,000 yard season, which he hasn't done since 2011. :clap:

4 starts is a tiny, tiny sample size. Wilson is barely JAG at this point. To say he is 100x better than Bowe (which is what >>> means mathematically) is just silliness.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 09:08 PM
So how would that not be quite an upgrade which you don't seem to think he will be?

50 yards per game from Bowe last year.

59 yards per game from Maclin this year.

That doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

As I've been saying, the big thing here is his age. He's a long term solution. I just don't see him as a huge upgrade in the short term at all. My gut tells me Bowe will have more production on the team he goes to next year.

wazu
03-12-2015, 09:18 PM

As I've been saying, the big thing here is his age. He's a long term solution. I just don't see him as a huge upgrade in the short term at all. My gut tells me Bowe will have more production on the team he goes to next year.

I think it's style of play. Maclin is more likely to be open and actually get Alex to throw to him. Bowe is one of those you have to just throw it up to and trust. That's not who Alex is. He wants to see separation.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2015, 09:18 PM
I would rather see Maclin have a 45/900 yard season than a 70/950 season because it would mean more big plays.

That's what this offense needs to move forward. If his YPC is high you can argue he brought something Bowe didn't.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-12-2015, 09:20 PM
I think it's style of play. Maclin is more likely to be open and actually get Alex to throw to him. Bowe is one of those you have to just throw it up to and trust. That's not who Alex is. He wants to see separation.

This. Which is why I want the Chiefs to select Lockett badly.

kcchiefsus
03-12-2015, 09:47 PM

What would you know about women, faggot.

Dave Lane
03-12-2015, 10:28 PM

Pete lies all the time but I'm not sure it's malicious I think he's just not smart enough to know when he is

petegz28
03-13-2015, 05:37 AM
Pete lies all the time but I'm not sure it's malicious I think he's just not smart enough to know when he is

Go burn your Bibles and STFU

Coochie liquor
03-13-2015, 05:39 AM

Please, go ahead.

I've heard he rolls a tighter blunt....

mdchiefsfan
03-13-2015, 05:41 AM
God, Clay is baiting a lot of you guys hard.

cwhocares
03-13-2015, 06:48 AM
Bowe wasn't drafted for his speed, he was drafted for his size to go across the middle and catch the ball in traffic. It seemed to me that the harder the catch the better he was. If you hit Bowe in the numbers, he didn't seem as effective. No matter who you have a WR, Smith needs time to throw. The offensive line is the key.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
03-13-2015, 07:35 AM

Those extra 9 yards per game will most definitely lead to at least 6 more touchdowns than Bowe scored. More touchdowns instead of field goals means more points and a better chance of winning. That seems like a sizable upgrade to me. And I'm being conservative on my numbers, it will probably be even more than I figured. I see 80 catches for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns from Maclin this year.

FringeNC
03-13-2015, 07:56 AM

Not sure if the arithmetic mistake is purposeful or not. With you, it could be deliberate or simply ignorance.

82+ yards per game for Maclin.

Rausch
03-13-2015, 07:58 AM
This is the type of offseason I'd expected from Dorsey.

Lose some, gain some, sniff the trade options.

This month has been much different than the previous two years.

He deserves the praise right now...

the Talking Can
03-13-2015, 08:11 AM
pioli is doing his usual garbage humping in atl...fans down there going crazy, no one even knows who in the org is making decisions

Dorsey is a big breath of fresh air, and not just in his acquisitions this year but in his willingness to cut bait with veterans and FAs alike...at least you can see a logic in his maneuvers

in atl, there is no information and just garbage piled on garbage

just for perspective

Rausch
03-13-2015, 08:16 AM
pioli is doing his usual garbage humping in atl...fans down there going crazy, no one even knows who in the org is making decisions

Dorsey is a big breath of fresh air, and not just in his acquisitions this year but in his willingness to cut bait with veterans and FAs alike...at least you can see a logic in his maneuvers

in atl, there is no information and just garbage piled on garbage

just for perspective

It's one thing to make mistakes. I think he made a lot his first two years.

But to cut/release all those guys you signed yourself, move on, and then find ways to bring in talent? That's not having a huge ego. That's learning from mistakes.

Hopefully it continues and we have a damned good draft...

the Talking Can
03-13-2015, 08:17 AM
That's not having a huge ego. That's learning from mistakes.

which makes him the anti-pioli

petegz28
03-13-2015, 08:27 AM
This is the type of offseason I'd expected from Dorsey.

Lose some, gain some, sniff the trade options.

This month has been much different than the previous two years.

He deserves the praise right now...

Another key difference between Pioli and Dorsey\Most other GM's, is that Dorsey is letting his coaches have input instead of thinking he knows what's best. Remember, Pioli came in and before we even had a coach he said our QB will be Cassel and our defense will run a 3-4.

Dorsey I think goes after the players Reid\Coaches want and cuts the players Reid\Coaches doesn't want, within reason.

Chiefnj2
03-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Dorsey has done a good job the last 48 hours attempting to fix his previous errors.

Prior Errors: Not addressing WR last year, not signing Houston to an extension last year, not signing Hudson to an extension last year, signing McGlynn.

Grubbs makes up for McGlynn. Maclin starts to address WR. Still have to do something long term with Houston and we will see what happens at Center.

RunKC
03-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Maclin got twice the YAC then Bowe. He's a significantly better fit here in this offense

Dave Lane
03-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Go burn your Bibles and STFU

You not be all mad and stuff? You ok boo?

petegz28
03-13-2015, 08:45 AM
You not be all mad and stuff? You ok boo?

I'm just loving the free rent, Bah

Saccopoo
03-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Bowe wasn't drafted for his speed, he was drafted for his size to go across the middle and catch the ball in traffic. It seemed to me that the harder the catch the better he was. If you hit Bowe in the numbers, he didn't seem as effective. No matter who you have a WR, Smith needs time to throw. The offensive line is the key.

Actually, Bowe was drafted for his speed to go along with his size. He ran a 4.51 at the Combine and a 4.40 at his Pro Day at 6'2 1/2", 221 lb.

The guy was/is physically gifted. Big, strong and fast.

The problem with Dwayne Bowe for this specific offense is that he is and has always been a poor route runner. He didn't start playing football until his senior year of high school I believe and based his game on being the biggest, strongest, fastest guy on the field - which he was. He was able to do that in college as well. In fact, he was superlative at that at LSU, especially with a huge armed but inaccurate QB in Jamarcus Russell, who relied on Bowe's size and speed to do the "chuck it deep dawg!" type of play - a lot.

When Bowe got to the pros, most of his QB's that he had to work with were guys who were happy to have a guy who was able and willing to just go down field and fight for a pass in a general area.

When Reid was hired and brought in his meticulous Lavell Edwards West Coast offensive system, which is based on precision route running and timing, Dwayne Bowe was immediately an odd man. He was effective in the system mainly as a second level blocker (which he does extremely well, btw), but his lack of preparation (yes, preparation - remember his initial issues with Todd Haley) and lack of understanding of route trees and timings and breaks, etc., had him at a distinct disadvantage to be a highly productive receiver in this system.

I hope Dwayne chooses a team that is more fit to his style of play. He's a good receiver in what he does/offers and he can still be a pretty productive guy in the right offensive system.

However, Reid's system is not it. It's why I'd like to see them draft either Rashard Greene, Tyler Lockett or Nelson Agholor versus Devin Smith, Phillip Dorsett or Sammie Coates. (It (route running) was the main reason I was so high on Odell Beckham last year.)

beach tribe
03-13-2015, 09:18 AM

Like I said, Maclins ability to stretch the field, and its overall impact on the offense is something Bowe was incapable of.
I fully expect Bowe to do well wherever he goes.
And, yeah. The age difference is a huge boon.

petegz28
03-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Like I said, Maclins ability to stretch the field, and its overall impact on the offense is something Bowe was incapable of.
I fully expect Bowe to do well wherever he goes.
And, yeah. The age difference is a huge boon.

I think that but more importantly Maclin's ability to run better routes and his quickness to get separation early.

Direckshun
03-13-2015, 12:08 PM
We came into the offseason with no cap space and some tough decisions to make on impending free agents. The Chiefs managed to plug a few holes, improve a few spots, and our only real hit this offseason has been losing Hudson.

We've got 10 draft picks coming up, too. We absolutely have to nail this draft.

Whosurdaddy
03-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Hopefully this will be all over the place this season.

https://youtu.be/NGPtOqgDk34?t=27s

KChiefs1
01-13-2016, 09:00 PM
He has been amazing.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-14-2016, 01:12 AM
Uh huh.

:)