PDA

View Full Version : Football Vikings release Greg Jennings

Shogun
03-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Per Twitter. Don't have a copy/paste ability right now.

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Kick the tires.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-14-2015, 12:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mike Wallace in, Greg Jennings out RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Vikings">@Vikings</a>: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash">#Vikings</a> have released WR Greg Jennings: <a href="http://t.co/2Y6yfVuKfA">http://t.co/2Y6yfVuKfA</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/576806581607661568">March 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bootlegged
03-14-2015, 12:08 PM
No no no no no no

bevischief
03-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Why not....

Shogun
03-14-2015, 12:16 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

Hootie
03-14-2015, 12:21 PM
I would DEFINITELY sign Jennings. No doubt.

FloridaMan88
03-14-2015, 12:27 PM
If he can be signed cheap, why not.

Didn't he leave Green Bay on bad terms when Dorsey was still there?

Sure-Oz
03-14-2015, 12:34 PM
He's no Avant

Jim Lahey
03-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Still had over 700 yards and 6TDs last year.

Throw him a cheap one year deal and see what happens.

tmw4h5
03-14-2015, 12:47 PM

Lahey, you f'ing drunk bastard. Why don't you and Bobandy f*ck off?

AustinChief
03-14-2015, 12:52 PM
I'd sign him. He struggled in Minnesota because of the change in scheme, he's a WCO guy and could be a solid 2/3 guy here.

Hootie
03-14-2015, 12:54 PM
I'd love to get him on a 2/12 deal ... a Welker deal

Easy 6
03-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Isnt he pretty much Avant at this point, a slower possession guy?

If they think he offers more then I'm all for it, just not sure what the difference between the two is these days.

RedandGold
03-14-2015, 12:56 PM

That's 6 more than the WR's we fielded last year. I'd bring him in and let him compete for a spot.

-King-
03-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Idk why they'd rather have Mike Wallace over him.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
03-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Idk why they'd rather have Mike Wallace over him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Norv Turner's offense.

long developing routes that require straight line speed. Jennings doesn't have that.

Fritz88
03-14-2015, 01:15 PM
I'll take him.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
03-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Maclin
Rookie
Jennings
Wilson
Rogers/Avant/Rookie

Bowser
03-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Kick the tires.

All of this

RealSNR
03-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Isnt he pretty much Avant at this point, a slower possession guy?

If they think he offers more then I'm all for it, just not sure what the difference between the two is these days.

NOBODY is slower than Avant.

He'll get some naggy injury problems, but he would be far more valuable to the team than Avant as that second vet in a WR group that's a bunch of young guys.

Maclin
Jennings
1st round rookie
Wilson
Some dude
Some dude

NOW we're starting to cook with fire at WR with a group like that.

Unsmooth-Moment
03-14-2015, 02:11 PM

Fuck off, Lahey.

Easy 6
03-14-2015, 02:12 PM
NOBODY is slower than Avant.

He'll get some naggy injury problems, but he would be far more valuable to the team than Avant as that second vet in a WR group that's a bunch of young guys.

Maclin
Jennings
1st round rookie
Wilson
Some dude
Some dude

NOW we're starting to cook with fire at WR with a group like that.

Hey, sounds good to me... Jennings has certainly made a bigger name for himself over the years and 700 yards for a shitty Vikes team last year is still pretty damn good.

If Reid wants him and Dorsey can land him... count me in.

RealSNR
03-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Also, I think in Green Bay people always got confused.

They thought Jordy Nelson was the smallish quick fast guy and that Jennings was the larger WR1 type of player. In fact, it was the exact opposite. Jennings was definitely the smaller and faster guy of the two.

Even if he's lost some speed, he's absolutely going to be fast enough for what we'd want to run.

RealSNR
03-14-2015, 02:17 PM
I want the kind of WR who put da team on [his] back, doh

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1P0yfq2wDvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
03-14-2015, 02:43 PM
LMAO

Easy 6
03-14-2015, 03:27 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1P0yfq2wDvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HAHAHAAA

Greg Jaynings.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2015, 04:27 PM
LMAO

No one loves a brokedick like Chiefsplanet

Mav
03-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Also, I think in Green Bay people always got confused.

They thought Jordy Nelson was the smallish quick fast guy and that Jennings was the larger WR1 type of player. In fact, it was the exact opposite. Jennings was definitely the smaller and faster guy of the two.

Even if he's lost some speed, he's absolutely going to be fast enough for what we'd want to run.
No. People thought jordy was the next bill Schroeder. And for his first two years, he didn't even look like he would reach that level. Wasn't really his fault being stuck behind jones, Jennings and driver.

Bowser
03-14-2015, 04:38 PM
LMAO

No one loves a brokedick like Chiefsplanet

Is he a brokedick, or has he just been Cassel'd the last few seasons?

I'd take him over Avant, that's for sure.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2015, 04:43 PM
I have no idea how much Jennings has left but a veteran like him is probably not going to sign for the minimum or whatever. It's going to take a significant contract.

Mav
03-14-2015, 04:44 PM
I have no idea how much Jennings has left but a veteran like him is probably not going to sign for the minimum or whatever. It's going to take a significant contract.
He's not getting anything.

Crabtree, and Bowe are still unsigned.

Miles
03-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Think he has been reasonably healthy the past two seasons.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2015, 04:52 PM
He's not getting anything.

Crabtree, and Bowe are still unsigned.
Crabtree isn't signed because people are waiting to see if all the off-field trouble turns into anything.

As soon as Bowe realizes he isn't a #1 he will get a job.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2015, 04:56 PM

I'd rather go into the season with two rookies, Maclin, Wilson and DAT than Avant or Jennings.

These over 30 guys just aren't going to do anything past Thanksgiving and that's when the Chiefs need them most.

Bowser
03-14-2015, 05:07 PM
I'd rather go into the season with two rookies, Maclin, Wilson and DAT than Avant or Jennings.

These over 30 guys just aren't going to do anything past Thanksgiving and that's when the Chiefs need them most.

I get it, and it's hard to argue. I think Jennings was just in a system that wasn't built for him and was misused/underutilized the last couple of seasons and might still have some juice left.

That said, if the plan is to forget Jennings and grab DeVante Parker in the first and Tyler Lockett/Justin Hardy in the third, I think I would be just fine with that as well.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2015, 05:10 PM

I definitely agree if we get an impact WR in the draft.

Lockett maybe

Still have lots of other needs though

Mr. Laz
03-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Jennings > Avant

but probably also much more expensive

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2015, 05:11 PM
I get it, and it's hard to argue. I think Jennings was just in a system that wasn't built for him and was misused/underutilized the last couple of seasons and might still have some juice left.

That said, if the plan is to forget Jennings and grab DeVante Parker in the first and Tyler Lockett/Justin Hardy in the third, I think I would be just fine with that as well.

Because the Chiefs chose to ignore wide receivers in the 2014, I think it's imperative that they take two in this year's draft, especially since it's so deep and talented.

Doing so could result in five years of stability at the position. That's hard to pass up at such a critical position.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2015, 05:13 PM
I definitely agree if we get an impact WR in the draft.

Lockett maybe

Still have lots of other needs though

Lockett, Ahgolor, Hardy and Greene could all start immediately and make an impact. Getting two of these guys would be incredible.

Easy 6
03-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Things are so heady lately with all of the solid veteran signings that its easy to be wide open to any idea... but ultimately, yeah... lets get those younger, more dynamic, faster, quicker, far cheaper guys in here.

Avant or even a guy like Jennings only offer diminishing returns... speed, greasy fast youth and speed thats what we need, Rock!

Bowser
03-14-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm not going to cry if we bring in Jennings (I don't think it will be quite as expensive as Laz thinks it might), but I'm probably with Dane on this one. Get some youth at a position we were godawful at and let them grow. With the way the cap is looking the next couple of seasons, it would be the smart move to maintain cap flexibility for the future.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2015, 05:34 PM
I'm not going to cry if we bring in Jennings (I don't think it will be quite as expensive as Laz thinks it might), but I'm probably with Dane on this one. Get some youth at a position we were godawful at and let them grow. With the way the cap is looking the next couple of seasons, it would be the smart move to maintain cap flexibility for the future.

Jennings will be 32 at the start of the season, so I don't think he's going to get much on the open market.

Mav
03-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Jennings will be 32 at the start of the season, so I don't think he's going to get much on the open market.
Bingo

Bowser
03-14-2015, 05:59 PM
One reason to like Greg Jennings, anyway. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_i5ssRj41Xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(and love him or hate him, Brett Favre was so damned fun to watch play)

srvy
03-14-2015, 06:54 PM
I doubt Andy is gonna sign broke dick Jennings when he has a signed broke dick Avant. Especially since Avant has played for Andy knows the system will be where he is supposed to when he is supposed to. Doesn't mean Avant makes the squad.

Dunerdr
03-14-2015, 06:57 PM
I doubt Andy is gonna sign broke dick Jennings when he has a signed broke dick Avant. Especially since Avant has played for Andy knows the system will be where he is supposed to when he is supposed to. Doesn't mean Avant makes the squad.

Andy doesn't sign any one dick eater.

You guys think it's bowe>Jennings ?

srvy
03-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Andy doesn't sign any one dick eater.

You guys think it's bowe>Jennings ?

Says the guy with 3 golden cocks on his avatar.

Reid may not sign them but most likely has pretty good influence on who he wants on his team.

Miles
03-14-2015, 07:05 PM

Could make for some nice duct tape for that same reason he shouldn't cost all that much.

Dunerdr
03-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Says the guy with 3 golden cocks on his avatar.

Reid may not sign them but most likely has pretty good influence on who he wants on his team.

Your gonna judge me because Alex smith would rather take a dido trident to the face than throw 10 yards.

TEX
03-14-2015, 10:12 PM

Why not do both? :shrug:

Micjones
03-15-2015, 12:16 AM
I'd take Jennings for the right price. He'd be a legit No. 2 receiver.
Word is was cut with a failed physical designation though.
Something to keep in mind.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 12:26 AM
I'd take Jennings for the right price. He'd be a legit No. 2 receiver.
Word is was cut with a failed physical designation though.
Something to keep in mind.

LMAO

At 32 years old, he's barely a "legit" NFL WR, alone, a #2.

ROFL

Thanks for your input, Mrs. Lance Long.

ThaVirus
03-15-2015, 12:31 AM

"So much determination doe"

Was waiting for the "hold muh diiiiick!"