PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WalterFootball grades the Chiefs Free Agency LOL

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Chiefs sign WR Jeremy Maclin (5 years, $55M; $22.5M guaranteed): C- Grade
This move is getting a ton of hype, but it's all unjustified. This is a bad signing - and that goes for both Jeremy Maclin and the Chiefs.

Paying $11 million per year and $22.5 million in guarantees to Maclin is insane, considering his dubious injury history. Maclin finally stayed healthy last year and thrived as a consequence, but he has two bum knees and can't be counted on to have many more healthy seasons. It's also worth noting that Maclin's 2014 stats were inflated because of the number of snaps he played in Chip Kelly's offense. I'm not saying Maclin is a mediocre player, or anything; on the contrary, if he can stay healthy, he's very effective. He's just not the stellar No. 1 receiver that his 1,318 receiving yards say he is, and that's without even factoring in his health.

As for Maclin, you have to wonder what he's possibly thinking. I can't completely bash him because he's reuniting with his former head coach, but he's effectively sabotaging his career by choosing to play with Alex Smith. Maclin should've consulted Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, James Jones, etc. about how it feels to take more money to play in a worse offense. All three receivers are regretting their decisions.

Chiefs sign G Paul Fanaika (3 years, $8.1 million): D Grade
Quite frankly, this is not a good move whatsoever. The Chiefs traded for Ben Grubbs earlier today - scroll down for that grade - but they wanted to add another guard. That's fine, but they could've done much better than Paul Fanaika. The former Arizona Cardinal was a dreadful blocker this past season in all regards. He doesn't seem like an upgrade, so it's puzzling that the Chiefs would sign him for nearly $3 million per year, especially when there were so many equal or better guards available, per the NFL Free Agent Rankings list.

Chiefs re-sign S Ron Parker (5 years, $30 million): D Grade
Uhh... did the Chiefs mean to re-sign Ron Parker to a 5-year, $3 million deal? Because that would've made more sense. Parker is barely a starter; he would be better served as a backup. He was decent enough in coverage this past season, but was an abomination in run support. In fact, aside from the injuries, Parker was the primary reason why Kansas City struggled to stop the rush in 2014.

Making matters worse, Parker has been a starter just one season in his 4-year career, so it's not like he even has a proven track record prior to his pedestrian 2014 campaign. I just don't get this signing, but I won't give the Chiefs a Millen grade because other teams were inexplicably interested in Parker's services as well.

Chiefs extend G Ben Grubbs (4 years, $24M; $8M guaranteed): B- Grade
I'm not as big a fan of this extension as I was of the initial trade. Giving away a fifth-round pick for a temporary upgrade at one of the guard positions made a lot of sense, but an extension with $8 million guaranteed isn't as good of a move.

This isn't a terrible extension, or anything, as it won't set Kansas City back very much if Grubbs flops. However, there's a chance that he will continue to regress. He's been a strong player throughout his career, but his play dropped off last year. He just turned 31, so that could continue. He should still be a temporary upgrade, but it's conceivable that Kansas City may want to cut him Year 2 into this deal.

TimBone
03-15-2015, 12:11 AM
WalterFootball can eat my asshole with jelly.

TimBone
03-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Or syrup.

TimBone
03-15-2015, 12:12 AM
I prefer syrup.

mdchiefsfan
03-15-2015, 12:14 AM
I see what you did there.

ThaVirus
03-15-2015, 12:28 AM
I'm having a hard time disagreeing

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 12:29 AM
DaneMcCloudfootball.com thinks that Walterfootball.com has sucked for nearly 15 years

thabear04
03-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Who is this Walter guy.

kcchiefsus
03-15-2015, 12:32 AM
What a fucking tool. If we should have signed Parker for only $3 million, then why were around a half dozen or more teams interested in signing him? Worst fucking football site on the internet.

MotherfuckerJones
03-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Walterfootball has sucked for years. I just look as his mocks for pure entertainment

booger
03-15-2015, 12:37 AM
he runs the most useless shit stain website out there and his name wouldn't even be heard of around here if direkshun kept posting Walter's mocks and moronic opinions. The more the merrier when it comes to draft sites but that one is pure shit

Gadzooks
03-15-2015, 12:38 AM
I agree with Walt's assessment.

mdchiefsfan
03-15-2015, 12:46 AM

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 12:47 AM

Which is why no one takes you seriously

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Yeah, he's pretty spot on. He's always shit on the Chiefs moves, which is why Chiefs fans hate him so much. Problem being, he's usually right about those moves.

For instance, last year there was a huge thread about how big of a moron he was for not liking the Dee Ford draft pick. Same with Eric Fisher. Same with the Alex Smith trade.

1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan: C+ Grade
An offensive tackle is what makes sense most for the Chiefs. Branden Albert was franchised, so he probably won't be around in 2014. He may not even make it to training camp because he could be dealt to the Dolphins, per reports. Luke Joeckel was the consensus top tackle in the 2013 NFL Draft, so he would have been the right pick. Eric Fisher has been considered the lesser prospect throughout, but Andy Reid liked him more than Joeckel. They're both close in talent, but selecting a rising prospect based on workouts is usually treacherous. Also, I'm penalizing the Chiefs because they traded for Alex Smith too soon and ruined all leverage they could have had for a potential trade. There shouldn't have been any hurry to overpay for Smith. That trade earned Kansas City a "Millen" grade, as you can see in the 2013 NFL Free Agent Grades page.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 12:49 AM
Says the guy who's a fan of a team playing in a 1950's high school stadium

LMAO

Get back to us when your team breaks 9-7. If the Chargers were to go 11-5 or better in 2015, half the fan base would die of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 12:50 AM
Also, here's Walter being dead wrong about that Bowe extension.

Can you say overpaid? Dwayne Bowe is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He consistently posts solid fantasy numbers, so people think he's better than he really is. The box score doesn't show that Bowe constantly drops passes and is responsible for interceptions. He's a very good No. 2 wideout, but he's too unreliable to be a top option.

Gadzooks
03-15-2015, 01:00 AM
Yeah, he's pretty spot on. He's always shit on the Chiefs moves, which is why Chiefs fans hate him so much. Problem being, he's usually right about those moves.

I've noticed that he shits on the Chiefs a bit more than most teams but the Dee Ford pick and Alex Smith trade blew my mind from an outsiders opinion.

The selection of Fisher over Joeckel is a wash at this point. I couldn't believe the Chiefs bad luck of getting the first pick that year.

Gadzooks
03-15-2015, 01:07 AM

LMAO

TLO
03-15-2015, 01:10 AM
Is this the guy that was in jail reporting stuff for a while?

MotherfuckerJones
03-15-2015, 01:16 AM
He probably hated the Poe pick then also

MotherfuckerJones
03-15-2015, 01:20 AM
I honestly could give a fuck what people think about this offseason. It's good so far. Nothing to bitch about. Ofcourse Maclin is overpaid but we have to and with the cap rising per year who gives a fuck.

Imon Yourside
03-15-2015, 01:26 AM
Man we are so screwed, my day/night has been ruined.

Sorter
03-15-2015, 01:27 AM
This move is getting a ton of hype, but it's all unjustified. This is a bad signing - and that goes for both Jeremy Maclin and the Chiefs.

Paying $11 million per year and $22.5 million in guarantees to Maclin is insane, considering his dubious injury history. Maclin finally stayed healthy last year and thrived as a consequence, but he has two bum knees and can't be counted on to have many more healthy seasons. It's also worth noting that Maclin's 2014 stats were inflated because of the number of snaps he played in Chip Kelly's offense. I'm not saying Maclin is a mediocre player, or anything; on the contrary, if he can stay healthy, he's very effective. He's just not the stellar No. 1 receiver that his 1,318 receiving yards say he is, and that's without even factoring in his health.

As for Maclin, you have to wonder what he's possibly thinking. I can't completely bash him because he's reuniting with his former head coach, but he's effectively sabotaging his career by choosing to play with Alex Smith. Maclin should've consulted Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, James Jones, etc. about how it feels to take more money to play in a worse offense. All three receivers are regretting their decisions.

Disagree

Quite frankly, this is not a good move whatsoever. The Chiefs traded for Ben Grubbs earlier today - scroll down for that grade - but they wanted to add another guard. That's fine, but they could've done much better than Paul Fanaika. The former Arizona Cardinal was a dreadful blocker this past season in all regards. He doesn't seem like an upgrade, so it's puzzling that the Chiefs would sign him for nearly $3 million per year, especially when there were so many equal or better guards available, per the NFL Free Agent Rankings list.

Agree

Uhh... did the Chiefs mean to re-sign Ron Parker to a 5-year, $3 million deal? Because that would've made more sense. Parker is barely a starter; he would be better served as a backup. He was decent enough in coverage this past season, but was an abomination in run support. In fact, aside from the injuries, Parker was the primary reason why Kansas City struggled to stop the rush in 2014.

Making matters worse, Parker has been a starter just one season in his 4-year career, so it's not like he even has a proven track record prior to his pedestrian 2014 campaign. I just don't get this signing, but I won't give the Chiefs a Millen grade because other teams were inexplicably interested in Parker's services as well.
ROFL. Blaming Parker for the run struggles is silly IMO.

I'm not as big a fan of this extension as I was of the initial trade. Giving away a fifth-round pick for a temporary upgrade at one of the guard positions made a lot of sense, but an extension with $8 million guaranteed isn't as good of a move.

This isn't a terrible extension, or anything, as it won't set Kansas City back very much if Grubbs flops. However, there's a chance that he will continue to regress. He's been a strong player throughout his career, but his play dropped off last year. He just turned 31, so that could continue. He should still be a temporary upgrade, but it's conceivable that Kansas City may want to cut him Year 2 into this deal.
Agree with the second paragraph.

MMXcalibur
03-15-2015, 01:35 AM
It's hard to take this guy seriously, because everything he has ever written about the Chiefs is marinated in butthurt. Seriously, find one article/paragraph on that site that gives Kansas City any credit.

Imon Yourside
03-15-2015, 01:37 AM
It's hard to take this guy seriously, because everything he has ever written about the Chiefs is marinated in butthurt. Seriously, find one article/paragraph on that site that gives Kansas City any credit.

I think he gave moving up to get Tony Gonzalez a C-

BigMeatballDave
03-15-2015, 03:30 AM

:spock:

MotherfuckerJones
03-15-2015, 04:18 AM
Couldn't help to tweet him that I guess DeVito, DJ and Berry had nothing to do with our bad run D

aturnis
03-15-2015, 04:35 AM
he runs the most useless shit stain website out there and his name wouldn't even be heard of around here if direkshun kept posting Walter's mocks and moronic opinions. The more the merrier when it comes to draft sites but that one is pure shit

If it weren't for mock drafts, the website would be nothing. They aren't even good, insightful mock drafts though. What keeps people coming back is curiosity.

aturnis
03-15-2015, 04:38 AM

For instance, last year there was a huge thread about how big of a moron he was for not liking the Dee Ford draft pick. Same with Eric Fisher. Same with the Alex Smith trade.

1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan: C+ Grade
An offensive tackle is what makes sense most for the Chiefs. Branden Albert was franchised, so he probably won't be around in 2014. He may not even make it to training camp because he could be dealt to the Dolphins, per reports. Luke Joeckel was the consensus top tackle in the 2013 NFL Draft, so he would have been the right pick. Eric Fisher has been considered the lesser prospect throughout, but Andy Reid liked him more than Joeckel. They're both close in talent, but selecting a rising prospect based on workouts is usually treacherous. Also, I'm penalizing the Chiefs because they traded for Alex Smith too soon and ruined all leverage they could have had for a potential trade. There shouldn't have been any hurry to overpay for Smith. That trade earned Kansas City a "Millen" grade, as you can see in the 2013 NFL Free Agent Grades page.

Everyone hated the Smith trade.

He's wrong on Ford.

Fisher has been ass, but let's give him next year.

milkman
03-15-2015, 05:24 AM

First, I have to ask, what hype?
Outside of KC, no one is talking about this.

I don't think anyone, including Walter here, is looking at the fit.
They just see Maclin, call him a vertical threat, and see Smith, who isn't a vertical passer, and dismiss the potential impact this could really have.

If the "experts" really broke it down, they could see how this works for the Chiefs, though I would have to agree that Maclin himself isn't doing himself any favors.

Pretty much agree here, though I think that he's just another stop gap, but he's better than the garbage we trotted out at guard last season.

At the end of the day, the Chiefs had to pay what the market demanded in a weak safety market, but this is just a 2 year commitment, really.

I don't know, seems like a petty detail to grade this on the extension.

In the broad view, it seems like this guy is just looking at the big numbers without considering the structures of these contracts.

From what I can see, none of them really are more than 2 year commitments, at the most.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-15-2015, 06:07 AM
The guy is a moron !

Anyway , Parkers deal is for $25 mill with another $5 mill tied to playoffs and performance incentives.

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 06:11 AM
The guy is a moron !

Anyway , Parkers deal is for $25 mill with another $5 mill tied to playoffs and performance incentives.
So it's for $30 mill...

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 06:23 AM
I did not realize I had a brother in the world.

notorious
03-15-2015, 06:25 AM
He could be right, he could be wrong.

I think that results are going to fall into the gray area.

Maclin's numbers will decline, but his deep threat is going to open up the underneath game, which will improve the entire team.

Marcellus
03-15-2015, 06:54 AM
So it's for $30 mill...

If he reaches the incentives which would validate the contract. Moron.

This cracks me up as well.

I just don't get this signing, but I won't give the Chiefs a Millen grade because other teams were inexplicably interested in Parker's services as well.

On other words Walterfootball just doesn't understand market value.

Rausch
03-15-2015, 06:54 AM
DaneMcCloudfootball.com thinks that Walterfootball.com has sucked for nearly 15 years

Dane would be right.

I'm the biggest Dorsey basher on here but in this very short sample of the offseason he's doing a B to B- job.

We gained more than we lost and Maclin has been solid in Phat Andy's WCO.

That probowl G may be a stop-gap but if he plays at a pro bowl level for two years and allows us to add another piece to this line each year it's perfect. If we're going to have a young and inexperienced C this year we need some competent G play around him...

Rausch
03-15-2015, 06:56 AM

I don't think his true value matches his market value.

I don't like the signing.

I'm not complaining though, so far, this is the only thing Dorsey's done that I haven't loved...

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 06:57 AM
I don't think that was his point sunshine...

The market value for Mike Wallace was 60 million dollars in 2013. The market value for Dunta Robinson was 57 million in 2011. The market value for Ron Parker in 2015 was 30 million dollars. In each instance, you have a dumb GM overpaying due to that market value.

Rausch
03-15-2015, 06:59 AM

The market value for Mike Wallace was 60 million dollars in 2013. The market value for Dunta Robinson was 57 million in 2011. The market value for Ron Parker in 2015 was 30 million dollars. In each instance, you have a dumb GM overpaying due to that market value.

Exactly.

Market value is what one or more teams are willing to pay a player.

If Houston were a free agent there's probably a team out there willing to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league...

BigMeatballDave
03-15-2015, 07:03 AM
No way he sees all of that $30m. He's 28. He probably won't be here after this coming season and next.

Marcellus
03-15-2015, 07:08 AM

There are dumb GMs who overpay for players certainly, I am sure almost every one have done that at some point.

There are also dumb people who just look at the advertised number and assume that's the real value of the contract rather than realizing its closer to a 2 year $8MM deal if performance isn't up to par.

BigMeatballDave
03-15-2015, 07:14 AM
There are also dumb people who just look at the advertised number and assume that's the real value of the contract rather than realizing its closer to a 2 year $8MM deal if performance isn't up to par.

LOL

Red Dawg
03-15-2015, 07:17 AM
This report is stupid. I guess we should have done nothing and just rolled out the same team as last year. All that matters is whether the team roster got better.

It definitely did so they can STFU. Last year they dogged Pats for Edleman and Laffelle and looked like idiots.

redshirt32
03-15-2015, 07:20 AM
Its easy to forecast failure in the NFL, since 30 teams fail each year anyone can open a web page and forecast failure.

Because if you do not make it to the super bowl = fail so your going to be right on at least 30 teams each year.

That is more than enough to make it seem you know what your talking about same as shit spewed here easy to do.

Kman34
03-15-2015, 07:43 AM
The bottom line is Maclin is a upgrade over Bowe....The O-line will be better... The pass D will be as good as last year....and, We'll draft a receiver and will have at least one TD from a WR...Win ROFL

KCUnited
03-15-2015, 07:45 AM
Its easy to forecast failure in the NFL, since 30 teams fail each year anyone can open a web page and forecast failure.

Because if you do not make it to the super bowl = fail so your going to be right on at least 30 teams each year.

That is more than enough to make it seem you know what your talking about same as shit spewed here easy to do.

Yeah, but it's easier for the Chiefs. I'm sure he has a hotkey script for KC that he just substitutes names and contract numbers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 07:46 AM
Parker. lol

Bufkin
The bottom line is Maclin is a upgrade over Bowe.... We'll draft a receiver and will have at least one TD from a WR...Win ROFL
He would have been an upgrade over Doug Baldwin and Paul Richardson in Seattle as well.

But yet Seattle didn't pay 50+ million for a shiny hood ornament. You know why?

Because champions don't pay 50+ million dollars for shiny hood ornaments.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/chff-theory-elevated-to-man-law/2490/
(For those unfamiliar with shiny hood ornaments)

Sweet Daddy Hate
Yeah, but it's easier for the Chiefs. I'm sure he has a hotkey script for KC that he just substitutes names and contract numbers.

It's all you need, really.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 07:47 AM
He would have been an upgrade over Doug Baldwin and Paul Richardson in Seattle as well.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/chff-theory-elevated-to-man-law/2490/

Of course they do, and someone will be along shortly to explain it to you.

Kman34
03-15-2015, 07:48 AM

Tom Brady....

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 07:49 AM
I know your pain Chief fans. As a Falcon fan, I was also blinded by my franchise mortgaging the future for a shiny hood ornament.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shiny-hood-ornament-man-law-triumphs-as-falcons-fall/12766/

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Tom Brady....
Tom Brady is a QB, or a driver. The absolute most essential part.

The Shiny Hood Ornament law:

ONE – Wide receivers, for all their eye-catching flash and dash, are little more than shiny ornaments on the hood of an NFL offense. Oh, sure, they're nice to have and they look all bright and sexy. But they don't necessarily make the engine run any better – and they rarely if ever make your team any better.

TWO – You should add a flashy wide receiver only when all the other pieces of a great team are in place: a great driver (the quarterback), some sporty tires that provide plenty of traction (the offensive line and ground game), a powerful motor (the defense) and a great transmission (special teams) that allows you to change gears quickly and effectively.

THREE – Even the greatest receivers of all time can make a big impact only when all those pieces are in place, and even then the impact is largely overstated. Even the great Jerry Rice, for example, touched the ball just four to five times per game. So the impact of even the greatest at the position is minimal compared with the impact of a certain position that touches the ball on every offensive snap. And remember, Rice did not make the 49ers a great team. He was drafted by the 18-1 defending Super Bowl champ 49ers in 1985.

FOUR – Quarterbacks make wide receivers; wide receivers do not make quarterbacks. You can have a receiving corps of Rice, Don Hutson, Randy Moss, Homer Jones and the Catawba Claw ... they won't make many game-changing plays if the quarterback can't get them the ball.

FIVE – Drafting wide receivers in the first round is almost always a bad decision; mortgaging your future with five draft picks to make it happen should get any personnel manager or GM fired immediately.

Kman34
03-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Terrell Owens helped Andy make it to the Super Bowl....

Bufkin
03-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Terrell Owens helped Andy make it to the Super Bowl....
And they were killed by a team whose top two receivers left for big money after their rookie contracts. Those receivers (David Givens and Deion Branch) did precious little after getting paid, and Tom Brady continued to be the best ever.

Hog Rider
03-15-2015, 07:56 AM
This Walter place must be a training ground for future General Managers - they are smart.
GM's are dumb.

Kman34
03-15-2015, 07:57 AM

ONE – Wide receivers, for all their eye-catching flash and dash, are little more than shiny ornaments on the hood of an NFL offense. Oh, sure, they're nice to have and they look all bright and sexy. But they don't necessarily make the engine run any better – and they rarely if ever make your team any better.

TWO – You should add a flashy wide receiver only when all the other pieces of a great team are in place: a great driver (the quarterback), some sporty tires that provide plenty of traction (the offensive line and ground game), a powerful motor (the defense) and a great transmission (special teams) that allows you to change gears quickly and effectively.

THREE – Even the greatest receivers of all time can make a big impact only when all those pieces are in place, and even then the impact is largely overstated. Even the great Jerry Rice, for example, touched the ball just four to five times per game. So the impact of even the greatest at the position is minimal compared with the impact of a certain position that touches the ball on every offensive snap. And remember, Rice did not make the 49ers a great team. He was drafted by the 18-1 defending Super Bowl champ 49ers in 1985.

FOUR – Quarterbacks make wide receivers; wide receivers do not make quarterbacks. You can have a receiving corps of Rice, Don Hutson, Randy Moss, Homer Jones and the Catawba Claw ... they won't make many game-changing plays if the quarterback can't get them the ball.

FIVE – Drafting wide receivers in the first round is almost always a bad decision; mortgaging your future with five draft picks to make it happen should get any personnel manager or GM fired immediately.

So....you seen something on a website....copied and pasted it... and now its Law...ROFLROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 08:00 AM
I am jelly at the amount of sweet, delicious butt-hurt Walter has generated amongst the Lil' Chiefy.

Imma' go work out now.

milkman
03-15-2015, 08:02 AM

Overall, I agree everything here.

However, as with every rule, there are always exceptions.

AJ Green makes Andy Dalton look like a serviceable NFL QB, and Alshon Jefferies and Brandon Marshall made Josh McCown look like a viable NFL QB.

Maclin's game is a perfect match for Smith.

Protection needs to be improved, but Maclin can help Smith's production.

TRR
03-15-2015, 08:12 AM
And they were killed by a team whose top two receivers left for big money after their rookie contracts. Those receivers (David Givens and Deion Branch) did precious little after getting paid, and Tom Brady continued to be the best ever.

Yea what a beat down. 24-21.

New World Order
03-15-2015, 08:24 AM

LMAO

Get back to us when your team breaks 9-7. If the Chargers were to go 11-5 or better in 2015, half the fan base would die of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

half of their fan base? Thats like 20 people

notorious
03-15-2015, 08:50 AM

Killed?

Terrell would have been the MVP of the Superbowl if McNabb doesn't shit all over himself on the last drive, and that's coming off of a broken leg during the season.

srvy
03-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Also, here's Walter being dead wrong about that Bowe extension.

Can you say overpaid? Dwayne Bowe is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He consistently posts solid fantasy numbers, so people think he's better than he really is. The box score doesn't show that Bowe constantly drops passes and is responsible for interceptions. He's a very good No. 2 wideout, but he's too unreliable to be a top option.

I cant disagree with any of this! ^^^

He was a bit harsh on Parker being responsible for lack of run defense kinda a stretch. The rest will be answered in the coming season. Free agency usually it seems high profile players dont do as well as expected and the under the radar ones can be gems.

dannybcaitlyn
03-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Overall, I agree everything here.

However, as with every rule, there are always exceptions.

AJ Green makes Andy Dalton look like a serviceable NFL QB, and Alshon Jefferies and Brandon Marshall made Josh McCown look like a viable NFL QB.

Maclin's game is a perfect match for Smith.

Protection needs to be improved, but Maclin can help Smith's production.

Milk, I'm still on the fence if any receiver could help smiths production. They are more like decoys for him it seems. If you look at most QB's there is a combo. Montana/Rice, Dalton/green, Manning/Harrison etc. In Alex career I can't have think of anyone that he had that kind of consistency with. Vernon Davis the TE was the closest thing.

milkman
03-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Milk, I'm still on the fence if any receiver could help smiths production. They are more like decoys for him it seems. If you look at most QB's there is a combo. Montana/Rice, Dalton/green, Manning/Harrison etc. In Alex career I can't have think of anyone that he had that kind of consistency with. Vernon Davis the TE was the closest thing.

As much as I hate the excuse making for Smith, the fact is that he ha never had a receiver with Maclin's game.

Very good route runner who gets separation in the short to intermediate areas that Alex Smith's passing game lives in.

Jim Lahey
03-15-2015, 09:27 AM
If they wanted to hire some jackass with shitty takes on everything they coulda hired me

milkman
03-15-2015, 09:33 AM
To stay with the car analogy, Maclin might be that lever on the seat that moves it back and forward so the driver can drive comfortably without having to stretch his legs to reach the pedal.

Easy 6
03-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Walter football means less than nothing to me, its been a fantastic free agency, everything I wanted and then some... and we still have a bevy of picks in the draft and the flexibility to be creative with them.

Imon Yourside
03-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Walter football means less than nothing to me, its been a fantastic free agency, everything I wanted and then some... and we still have a bevy of picks in the draft and the flexibility to be creative with them.

oh i feel better, gonna stop losing sleep now :D

Oh and I agree, love the moves so far.

Easy 6
03-15-2015, 09:44 AM
oh i feel better, gonna stop losing sleep now :D

Oh and I agree, love the moves so far.

Rest easy, old chum :)

CapsLockKey
03-15-2015, 09:52 AM

Because champions don't pay 50+

Seattle doesn't pay big for receivers? Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, and Jimmy Graham disagree. Seattle not only is willing to pay top dollar, they are willing to throw away first round picks to do it.

Brock
03-15-2015, 09:59 AM
To stay with the car analogy, Maclin might be that lever on the seat that moves it back and forward so the driver can drive comfortably without having to stretch his legs to reach the pedal.

hopefully he'll be like a light on the dashboard telling the driver "shift, motherfucker"

Chiefshrink
03-15-2015, 10:04 AM

I agree with the majority of this and especially No.4 when playing fantasy football just ask Larry Fitz when Warner left.

Mav
03-15-2015, 10:06 AM

They don't? Is that why they just traded a pro bowl center and their first for a shiny hood ornament?

Mav
03-15-2015, 10:08 AM

You won that trade by a fucking mile. Do you even know who the picks you gave the browns turned in to?

Here.

Phil Taylor,
Brandon Weeden,
Greg Little,

Mav
03-15-2015, 10:09 AM
hopefully he'll be like a light on the dashboard telling the driver "shift, motherfucker"
LMAO

redshirt32
03-15-2015, 10:12 AM
They don't? Is that why they just traded a pro bowl center and their first for a shiny hood ornament?

Thats what #2 says

Mav
03-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Thats what #2 says
They have up a lot for that shiny hood ornament.

Prison Bitch
03-15-2015, 10:17 AM

This was precisely my opinion when we signed mACLin. It won't work out for us, and he won't even make it 12 games year 1. The out years, he won't even be on the roster. I'd bet money on this.

keg in kc
03-15-2015, 10:17 AM
I care more about what the grades would be in, say, December, when they can be based on something other than fantasizing about the future.

CapsLockKey
03-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Thats what #2 says
Doesn't apply to overpaying for Sidney Rice when Tavarias Jackson is your QB.

aturnis
03-15-2015, 10:18 AM

You're an idiot.

Seattle's success has to do with one thing.

Getting the most value at the cheapest price out of the most important player on the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Our 87' Yugo now has the sweetest lift-kit evah!

redshirt32
03-15-2015, 10:24 AM
I do not believe anyone here is saying Maclin is the shiny hood ornament, he is part of the plan.
We will get are shiny hood ornament in 2016/2017 when the other parts fall in place and are cap allows it

aturnis
03-15-2015, 10:26 AM

LOL.

Bowe was the old mechanical version Smith just couldn't operate so he eventually just chose not to.

Maclin is the nice new electric adjustment. So easy, even Smith can use it.

BigChiefFan
03-15-2015, 10:28 AM
4 starters during FA (one was a trade), enough said.

KCTitus
03-15-2015, 10:29 AM
I think of Maclin as a brand new set of dual wiper blades that will help Alex see out the windshield and more than 5 yards down field...

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 10:33 AM

I don't get this argument.

Look, we all know this is a passing league. You have an elite QB, you're a favorite to make the Super Bowl. If you don't, you have a lot more work to do. If you don't have a good QB, it doesn't matter who you have on the OL, TE, WRs, and most of your defense (unless your defense is elite). Rarely can an elite RB single-handedly carry a bad QB.

So basically, without an elite QB, maybe we shouldn't bring in anybody.

ThaVirus
03-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Which is why no one takes you seriously

You have some of worst opinions on this board. You're the Bufkin of football takes.

ThaVirus
03-15-2015, 10:35 AM

:spock:

There's much truth in what he says..

Outside of stating Maclin was a bad signing and giving the Parker contract a D grade he makes very valid points.

CapsLockKey
03-15-2015, 10:35 AM
I think this idea that WRs are nothing more than shiny hood ornaments is bunk. There are plenty of examples where a single WR elevated a team significantly. Guys like Andre Johnson, Fitz, Megatron and AJ Green almost single handedly took their respective teams from long standing running jokes to playoff contending teams. Hell, just look at the Browns with and without Josh Gordan. Other than an old Kurt Warner in Arizona, none of those guys played with a great QB.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 10:45 AM
There's much truth in what he says..

Outside of stating Maclin was a bad signing and giving the Parker contract a D grade he makes very valid points.

Outside of those 2, he's ripping on the Grubbs trade (which is absolutely ridiculous in a FA market where Hudson got $9M) and a low $ value signing in Fanaikis.

Okay, well, I guess of the 90% he was wrong about, maybe he was a little right about our dinky pick-up of Fanaikis.

ThaVirus
03-15-2015, 10:56 AM
Outside of those 2, he's ripping on the Grubbs trade (which is absolutely ridiculous in a FA market where Hudson got $9M) and a low $ value signing in Fanaikis.

Okay, well, I guess of the 90% he was wrong about, maybe he was a little right about our dinky pick-up of Fanaikis.

I don't mean to be rude but did you even read it? He gave the entire Grubbs transaction a B- grade. That's far from "ripping on" it.

He said he just wasn't as big a fan of the extension as he was the initial trade, which I agree with. He also goes on to say that the extension isn't some crippling move, which I also agree with.

I won't lose sleep over it and it appears we can move on fairly easily after year 2 of the deal but it just didn't seem ideal, IMO.

tk13
03-15-2015, 11:22 AM
He may end up being right about some of these points, but I'm pretty sure if Dorsey somehow swung Aaron Rodgers for a 5th round pick WalterFootball would find a way to call it a bad move.

I can see calling the WR position a bit overrated, but I wouldn't call them hood ornaments. You don't need Randy Moss or Cris Carter to win titles, but having a decent WR group certainly helps. I think the Chiefs have had good WRs over the years, but probably not many decent WR groups.

The Franchise
03-15-2015, 11:33 AM
He gave the Branch signing an A+ FWIW.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 11:48 AM
I don't mean to be rude but did you even read it? He gave the entire Grubbs transaction a B- grade. That's far from "ripping on" it.

He said he just wasn't as big a fan of the extension as he was the initial trade, which I agree with. He also goes on to say that the extension isn't some crippling move, which I also agree with.

I won't lose sleep over it and it appears we can move on fairly easily after year 2 of the deal but it just didn't seem ideal, IMO.

Yes, I did. The problem is you have to look at this in the big picture. He gave the Chiefs several A's and A-'s in last year's draft yet claims the Chiefs had the worst draft of 2014 (by the way, largely driven by Deanthony Thomas, who he claimed was huge reach).

It's pretty clear that his entire write-up on Grubbs was based on an agenda he has against the team. "Well, it doesn't cripple you guys, you gave up nothing, it upgrades you guys... footnote: it's cheaper than most of the guys you would have gotten in the market... but I'm going to dig on you anyway." I can't stand writers who can't move away from their lobsided agenda.

J Diddy
03-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Walterfootball is brought to you by Jeff Dunham.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2015, 11:58 AM
1. Walter's has ALWAYS hated the Chiefs

2. Since when did we extend Grubbs? :shake:

3. he's not necessarily wrong about much of it

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 12:03 PM
1. Walter's has ALWAYS hated the Chiefs

2. Since when did we extend Grubbs? :shake:

3. he's not necessarily wrong about much of it

On point #2:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/ben-grubbs-gets-a-new-deal-in-kansas-city/

Which shows how clueless Walter is about contracts. He's guaranteed $8M at signing. Does not in any way suggest that he'll be an $8M cap hit in 2015. Looks like Walter was equally dumb about the Parker signing, as details of his contract emerge.

Bowser
03-15-2015, 12:19 PM
Eat, it, Walter

http://247sports.com/Bolt/AFC-West-Free-Agency-Grades-36162705

Easy 6
03-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Eat, it, Walter

http://247sports.com/Bolt/AFC-West-Free-Agency-Grades-36162705

Thats more like it.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Walter's takes the pessimistic view
247 takes the flowery outcome

it will probably end up somewhere between the two

we did give a huge contract to a guy with a history of injuries. Doesn't mean it will get hurt again though.

We did a sizable contract/extension to a guard over 30. Doesn't mean he still wont' play well.

we did give a starter contract to a backup, doesn't mean he won't step-up.

Fanaika may have started all those games but that doesn't mean he was a particularly good starter.

Mauga - meh

don't know how it's going to work out yet but it's better than last year's "bucket of shit" offseason.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 01:14 PM
The only thing I really love about this off-season is that Maclin is still just 26, which means he doesn't need to peak with Smith. He should be around longer than Smith with a few good years remaining, assuming he remains healthy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Walter's takes the pessimistic view
247 takes the flowery outcome

it will probably end up somewhere between the two

we did give a huge contract to a guy with a history of injuries. Doesn't mean it will get hurt again though.

We did a sizable contract/extension to a guard over 30. Doesn't mean he still wont' play well.

we did give a starter contract to a backup, doesn't mean he won't step-up.

Fanaika may have started all those games but that doesn't mean he was a particularly good starter.

Mauga - meh

don't know how it's going to work out yet but it's better than last year's "bucket of shit" offseason.

Hey now, there's still a draft and 11 chances to fill that bucket good and proper. Keep hope alive!

notorious
03-15-2015, 01:23 PM
Kansas City Chiefs

Re-signed:
- LB Justin Houston
- LB Josh Mauga
- LB Tamba Hali

Incoming:
- S Tyvon Branch
- WR Jeremy Maclin
- G Paul Fanaika

Outgoing:
- WR Donnie Avery
- WR A.J. Jenkins
- TE Anthony Fasano
- LB Joe Mays
- DT Vance Walker
- WR Dwayne Bowe

Wow, that's like taking a Taco Bell diarrhea dump and re-filling your stomach with Filet Mignon.

TomBarndtsTwin
03-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Walter Football can suck a fat one.

They spent last off-season praising the Denver Broncos for all their Big FA signings and how the defense was gonna be as dominant as the offense now.

Well, we all saw how that worked out . . . .

Dumbasses.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't think he was too far off tbh

Maclin was a great pick up, but jesus fuck 11 mil per year for an Alex Smith target. Jesus fuck, 11 mil per year in general.

Fanaika was just fucking stupid, Parker was a little overpaid and Grubbs was an alright move.

The Chiefs overspent for a majority of their FA moves, so I could understand why Justin Houston is pissed the fuck off. He's a proven commodity in KC. The guys they picked up aren't, but got paid fat while they told him to basically suck a dick. I'd be pissed too.

The only FA move the Chiefs have made, that would be considered as fantastic, is the Branch signing. Low risk, cheap and high potential prove it deal for a big hole position.

Easy 6
03-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Hey now, there's still a draft and 11 chances to fill that bucket good and proper. Keep hope alive!

Thats the spirit! I've been real worried about you lately, been even more bitter than usual... turn that frown upside down homes!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Thats the spirit! I've been real worried about you lately, been even more bitter than usual... turn that frown upside down homes!

LMAO

I meant that there are 11 chances to fuck this up. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 02:13 PM
You know what?

Imma' go play video games.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 02:15 PM

Maclin was a great pick up, but jesus fuck 11 mil per year for an Alex Smith target. Jesus fuck, 11 mil per year in general.

Fanaika was just fucking stupid, Parker was a little overpaid and Grubbs was an alright move.

The Chiefs overspent for a majority of their FA moves, so I could understand why Justin Houston is pissed the fuck off. He's a proven commodity in KC. The guys they picked up aren't, but got paid fat while they told him to basically suck a dick. I'd be pissed too.

The only FA move the Chiefs have made, that would be considered as fantastic, is the Branch signing. Low risk, cheap and high potential prove it deal for a big hole position.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 02:16 PM
LMAO

I meant that there are 11 chances to fuck this up. :)
The Chiefs traded a fifth for Grubbs which leaves them 10

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-15-2015, 02:16 PM

Maclin was a great pick up, but jesus **** 11 mil per year for an Alex Smith target. Jesus ****, 11 mil per year in general.

Fanaika was just ****ing stupid, Parker was a little overpaid and Grubbs was an alright move.

The Chiefs overspent for a majority of their FA moves, so I could understand why Justin Houston is pissed the **** off. He's a proven commodity in KC. The guys they picked up aren't, but got paid fat while they told him to basically suck a dick. I'd be pissed too.

I don't get what some people see around here.

Maclin- Got the going rate
Fanaika- Is really a 1-year deal 2.5m
Mauga- Is really 1 year 2.5m
Branch- 1-Year 2m
Grubbs- Four-year, $24 million contract. The deal has $8 million guaranteed

So please tell me again who the Chiefs overspent to get?

MotherfuckerJones
03-15-2015, 02:24 PM

Killed? They weren't fucking killed

Easy 6
03-15-2015, 02:31 PM
LMAO

I meant that there are 11 chances to **** this up. :)

I'm going to kidnap you and put you on a steady diet of mind altering drugs and other depraved behavior modification programs, you will be my new Manchurian Candidate.

Now just sit back and watch this highlight reel of Smiths 5 yard checkdowns on 3rd and 12...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YzbVXmh-EQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
03-15-2015, 02:32 PM

Branch- 1-Year 2m

The 2.5 mil for Fanaika and Mauga is too much, but the rest are solid deals.

And this stupid fucking narrative that Dorsey and the Chiefs told Houston to "suck a dick" is pure fucking stupidity.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 02:57 PM

Branch- 1-Year 2m

Never said Branch got overpaid. That was a great move.

The going rate for a WR is around 9-10. Maclin wasn't a major overspending, but they overspent for him.

Fanaika and Mauga are really overspending regardless of how you want to cut it.

Can't really comment on Grubbs, as he's a big unknown. Depends on if he can get back to his old form, or continues to decline.

And this stupid fucking narrative that Dorsey and the Chiefs told Houston to "suck a dick" is pure fucking stupidity.

Having almost 0 contact with his party outside of hey we're gonna tag your client is a suck our dick move. The move might pay off in the long run, so will be interesting to see.

milkman
03-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Never said Branch got overpaid. That was a great move.

The going rate for a WR is around 9-10. Maclin wasn't a major overspending, but they overspent for him.

Can't really comment on Grubbs, as he's a big unknown. Depends on if he can get back to his old form, or continues to decline.

Having almost 0 contact with his party outside of hey we're gonna tag your client is a suck our dick move. The move might pay off in the long run, so will be interesting to see.

No it isn't.

Houston is tagged, and they have until July to get a deal worked out.
In the mean time, free agency is in full swing.

MotherfuckerJones
03-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Houston wasn't told suck a dick. We have 0 knowledge on the negotiations. Houston has held out from day one as a chief. This will get done.

Easy 6
03-15-2015, 03:13 PM

Where are you hearing that there is "almost 0 contact"?

Literally everything I'm reading says there has been consistent contact all along, just because a deal hasnt been agreed on doesnt mean there has been no contact.

Frankly, going the non-exclusive route was the right call by Dorsey... no one is giving up two firsts plus his massive demands, the sooner Houstons agent figures that out, the sooner Dorsey will get him signed.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 03:20 PM

LMAO

Only on Chiefsplanet will you find people bitching about spending $2.5 million solid backup, if not starting, players. Each guy's contract represents 1.75% of the 2015 Salary Cap.

Good grief.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Where are you hearing that there is "almost 0 contact"?

Literally everything I'm reading says there has been consistent contact all along, just because a deal hasnt been agreed on doesnt mean there has been no contact.

Frankly, going the non-exclusive route was the right call by Dorsey... no one is giving up two firsts plus his massive demands, the sooner Houstons agent figures that out, the sooner Dorsey will get him signed.

He's talking out of his ass

Easy 6
03-15-2015, 03:27 PM
He's talking out of his ass

He sure as hell is.

I'm ALL about getting Houston back in here, but it takes two to tango and until Houston see's that no one is going to pony up what it will take to get him, this will drag on.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Hard to keep up with a baby on the way, but there were stories that both sides had zero talks at one point. Guess they have at the combine a little, so I'll take a lap for that one.

LMAO

Only on Chiefsplanet will you find people bitching about spending $2.5 million solid backup, if not starting, players. Each guy's contract represents 1.75% of the 2015 Salary Cap.

Good grief.
Your standards for solid are low.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Your standards for solid are low.

Then yours are moronic.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Much like your opinions on football in general.

I don't see what about Fanaika would be considered solid. He fucking sucks.

Tell me what about Fanaika's playing ability that you'd consider to be solid, dane.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Dorsey has repeatedly said Houston will be a Chief. He did not say that about Bowe this year. Did not say that about Albert last year. It sounds like they are making a very strong effort to keep him.

According to Walter, we should be flinching at the first offer. That's smart? Houston is asking, I'm sure, for JJ Watt money. So the Chiefs are letting him explore the market and then I'm sure the Chiefs will counter above what other teams are offering. And I would bet he will end up with a contract south of Watt money, which is a win for the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Much like your opinions on football in general.

I don't see what about Fanaika would be considered solid. He fucking sucks.

Tell me what about Fanaika's playing ability that you'd consider to be solid, dane.

1.75% of the total Salary Cap to have depth is NOT overpaying.

I'm betting you've never even see Fanaika play a single down.

tk13
03-15-2015, 04:00 PM
The only thing I really love about this off-season is that Maclin is still just 26, which means he doesn't need to peak with Smith. He should be around longer than Smith with a few good years remaining, assuming he remains healthy.

Absolutely, and he's the perfect fit for Reid's offense regardless of who the QB is.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 04:01 PM
1.75% of the total Salary Cap to have depth is NOT overpaying.

I'm betting you've never even see Fanaika play a single down.

They spent over league minimum for a guy that's a tire fire. Not a huge crime, but they overspent.

Mauga, you could at least make an argument for.

For the record, I think Dorsey has done pretty good overall. Sure he overspent on some guys, but nothing new there. The restructures were fantastic moves and really the only bad mark has been their handling of Houston, which shows their incompetence.

Depending how much you want to believe, they could of had him under wraps long-term for Tamba money.

“If they wanted to sign Houston for a Clay Matthews deal, they should’ve done it before the season,” Corry said. “From what I understand, they didn’t want to go to Tamba’s number, which was a huge miscalculation if that’s where they were.”

If true, they are fucking nuts for letting that pass them by.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 04:04 PM
They spent over league minimum for a guy that's a tire fire. Not a huge crime, but they overspent.

For the record, I think Dorsey has done pretty good overall. Sure he overspent on some guys, but nothing new there. The restructures were fantastic moves and really the only bad mark has been their handling of Houston, which shows their incompetence.

How do you know he's a tire fire? Have you actually seen him play or are you just blindly quoting PFF?

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 04:05 PM
How do you know he's a tire fire? Have you actually seen him play or are you just blindly quoting PFF?
Arizona actually made some more than beyond their own region tv time, so yes. PFF confirms what I saw.

I think after last years disaster Free Agency and the remaining effects of Polio, people are overly excited for anything positive in FA and are jimp'ing over anything.

While I'm not overly excited like many others, I'm not that critical either. Sure some deals weren't great, but it's not like they gave fucking Nate Allen 5.75 per year.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 04:12 PM
Arizona actually made some more than beyond their own region tv time, so yes. PFF confirms what I saw.

I think after last years disaster Free Agency and the remaining effects of Polio, people are overly excited for anything positive in FA and are jimp'ing over anything.
No one jimp'ed over this signing. We know it's a stopgap that keeps mcglynn off the field and that it isn't costing much to bring him in. And last year's free agency wasn't a disaster.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 04:15 PM
No one jimp'ed over this signing. We know it's a stopgap that keeps mcglynn off the field and that it isn't costing much to bring him in. And last year's free agency wasn't a disaster.
Signing a group of dudes who are all gone already and the Emmanuel Sanders thing would say otherwise.

Okay so they swapped one bad player for another more expensive bad player. Cool.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 04:16 PM

I know nothing about Fanaika, so I'm not going to comment. But $2.5 million for a potential starting guard isn't a big issue to me.

Mauga was brought in during training camp last year as depth. He hadn't played but a handful of plays since his senior season at Nevada in 2009. He signed for Vet Minimum and ended up starting all season.

While I expect him to be better in 2015, I do believe that Dorsey gave him a little extra dough as a "Thank You" for his 2014 effort and for that, I have no problem.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Signing a group of dudes who are all gone already and the Emmanuel Sanders thing would say otherwise.

Okay so they swapped one bad player for another more expensive bad player. Cool.

The Chiefs paid less than $10M in new players last year. That includes adding Kevin Vickerson, Jamell Fleming, Mauga, Kurt Coleman... 4 guys who played a lot of effective minutes last year. But more importantly, while CP screamed for huge dollar free agents, we probably locked up 4 comp picks and cleaned up our cap to enable us to spend this year. It was a very effective free agency. Sometimes doing nothing is much better than spending for the sake of spending.

splatbass
03-15-2015, 04:48 PM
the only bad mark has been their handling of Houston, which shows their incompetence.

This is stupid. Since he refused their offer franchising him was all they could do other than pay him JJ Watt money. The only real choice they had was which type of franchise tag to use on him. The only incompetence here is your post.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 04:49 PM
The Chiefs paid less than $10M in new players last year. That includes adding Kevin Vickerson, Jamell Fleming, Mauga, Kurt Coleman... 4 guys who played a lot of effective minutes last year. But more importantly, while CP screamed for huge dollar free agents, we probably locked up 4 comp picks and cleaned up our cap to enable us to spend this year. It was a very effective free agency. Sometimes doing nothing is much better than spending for the sake of spending.
You did a good job explaining that Dorsey is good at trashcan searching. Good to finally have a GM that can do it.

The big FA period moves were Linkenbach, Joe Mays and Vance Walker lol. With bonus features of getting punked by Emmanuel Sanders and getting to sit around with a thumb in our asses when D-Jax was on the market.

It's nice getting the comp picks now, but FA sucked last year.

This is stupid. Since he refused their offer franchising him was all they could do other than pay him JJ Watt money. The only real choice they had was which type of franchise tag to use on him. The only incompetence here is your post.
Not locking up a top tier pass-rusher who hadn't peaked yet, was still ascending and young was the definition of incompetence. Much like your post.

All signs should of pointed to signing Houston because he will get more expensive if you don't. They scoffed at the idea of giving him money like Tamba and Clay Matthews got and now look dumb as fuck.

Direckshun
03-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Fleming will likely see time in dime package all season, if the Chiefs don't just make him a starting CB and put Gaines in the slot.

Direckshun
03-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Here's what I see, concisely:

Free agency isn't about building championships (that's the Draft), its about plugging holes and making the team better.

Dorsey has suffered a setback at exactly one position, and that's center. Eeeevery other position, they've either retained their talent or got better.

Saccopoo
03-15-2015, 05:00 PM
What a ****ing tool. If we should have signed Parker for only $3 million, then why were around a half dozen or more teams interested in signing him?

Beats the shit out of me.

Parker sucks.

Horrible contract.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Beats the shit out of me.

Parker sucks.

Horrible contract.

Parker the One High Safety sucks?

Wha?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 05:10 PM
The Chiefs traded a fifth for Grubbs which leaves them 10

Strike one! :D

milkman
03-15-2015, 05:14 PM
You did a good job explaining that Dorsey is good at trashcan searching. Good to finally have a GM that can do it.

The big FA period moves were Linkenbach, Joe Mays and Vance Walker lol. With bonus features of getting punked by Emmanuel Sanders and getting to sit around with a thumb in our asses when D-Jax was on the market.

Not locking up a top tier pass-rusher who hadn't peaked yet, was still ascending and young was the definition of incompetence. Much like your post.

All signs should of pointed to signing Houston because he will get more expensive if you don't. They scoffed at the idea of giving him money like Tamba and Clay Matthews got and now look dumb as ****.

If Houston were willing to take what Matthews or Tamba got, I have very little doubt that Dorsey would have hesitated for a second to sign him up.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 05:16 PM
If Houston were willing to take what Matthews or Tamba got, I have very little doubt that Dorsey would have hesitated for a second to sign him up.
Would hope so as common sense would say to form that kind of a contract immediately. Hard to know since little has leaked about the negotiation.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 05:27 PM

All signs should of pointed to signing Houston because he will get more expensive if you don't. They scoffed at the idea of giving him money like Tamba and Clay Matthews got and now look dumb as fuck.
Three years ago, we spent a shitload of money on average to below average free agents. Last year, we spent close to no money on average to below average free agents. I thought it took a ton of restraint for Dorsey to not spend last year. Again, I don't see the Chiefs making the moves they did this offseason without that one season to take a step back. Making few moves was better than making big moves.

On Justin Houston, it sounds like he is wanting DE money and I'm sure he's using jj Watt as the bar. The Chiefs will let him test out free agency. Once Houston realizes his value, he will probably lessen his demands. I'm willing to bet his contract offer will be less than what he is asking for now. I don't see the risk in waiting, especially since Houston knows he doesn't have to budge on his contract demands for a while now. Again, when Dorsey says he plans to keep a player, he's been pretty consistent about working hard to get a deal done. I am sure at least a good effort will be put in. I see no harm in waiting right now.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:08 PM
The Chiefs will let him test out free agency.

Dumbest franchise ever if they do that.

If you can't come together on a contract you fucking trade him. You don't let him test FA because he isn't coming back and all you'll get is a fucking comp pick.

milkman
03-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Dumbest franchise ever if they do that.

If you can't come together on a contract you ****ing trade him. You don't let him test FA because he isn't coming back and all you'll get is a ****ing comp pick.

Except that he's testing free agency under the non exclusive franchise tag.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Three years ago, we spent a shitload of money on average to below average free agents. Last year, we spent close to no money on average to below average free agents. I thought it took a ton of restraint for Dorsey to not spend last year. Again, I don't see the Chiefs making the moves they did this offseason without that one season to take a step back. Making few moves was better than making big moves.

On Justin Houston, it sounds like he is wanting DE money and I'm sure he's using jj Watt as the bar. The Chiefs will let him test out free agency. Once Houston realizes his value, he will probably lessen his demands. I'm willing to bet his contract offer will be less than what he is asking for now. I don't see the risk in waiting, especially since Houston knows he doesn't have to budge on his contract demands for a while now. Again, when Dorsey says he plans to keep a player, he's been pretty consistent about working hard to get a deal done. I am sure at least a good effort will be put in. I see no harm in waiting right now.
Bad moves are bad moves, regardless of the quantity.

Sounds like Justin Houston just wants out of here by now, as they've pissed him off.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Except that he's testing free agency under the non exclusive franchise tag.

He's not a FA.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:21 PM
He's not a FA.

He can still get offer sheets from other teams.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:22 PM
He can still get offer sheets from other teams.

No shit. That doesn't mean he's a FA. Can't tell the difference between a team weighing money vs money and 2 first round picks?

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:23 PM
No shit. That doesn't mean he's a FA. Can't tell the difference between a team weighing money vs money and 2 first round picks?
His post doesn't say he was a Free Agent, dumb fuck.

jd1020
His post doesn't say he was a Free Agent, dumb ****.

I guess I quoted something that doesn't say the words "free agency." My mistake.

Sweet Daddy Hate
SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Jerry Hughes just received $10 million per year because he's had 10 sacks each of the past two seasons. It's hard to ignore Houston's 22 sack season but considering he's likely to be a 10-15 sack guy for the next five years, $15 million per seems reasonable.

It would be really interesting to know what he's wanting per year and guaranteed.

Maybe he's just trying to avoid Mini Camps and OTA's again this year?

:shrug:

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:25 PM
I guess I quoted something that doesn't say the words "free agency." My mistake.
He can still get offers from other teams during the Free Agency period, but he isn't an unrestricted free agent. That means he can test the free agency waters.

What part of this is hard to grasp?

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:25 PM
He can still get offers from other teams during the Free Agency period, but he isn't an unrestricted free agent. That means he can test the free agency waters.

What part of this is hard to grasp?

The part where he's not a free agent?

He's testing the waters with a fucking asterisk next to his name you dumb fuck.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:27 PM
He's still testing the waters, which is a really simple concept. God damn you're dumb.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 06:28 PM
At this point in time, there's not a single team that would give up two first round draft choices for anyone not named Andrew Luck or JJ Watt.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:28 PM
He's still testing the waters, which is a really simple concept. God damn you're dumb.

:facepalm:

milkman
03-15-2015, 06:30 PM
The part where he's not a free agent?

He's testing the waters with a ****ing asterisk next to his name you dumb ****.

Technically he is a free agent until he signs the tender offer.

The fact that he is tagged and demands 2 first round pick compensation doesn't change the fact that he is a free agent.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:30 PM

The fact that he is tagged and demands 2 first round pick compensation doesn't change the fact that he is a free agent.

It kind of does.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:32 PM

Neat. Good to see you still don't understand the concept that even with a big fucking asterisk next to his name, he can still talk to other teams and figure out exactly what his worth is.

That's the concept of testing the free agency waters. grts

At this point in time, there's not a single team that would give up two first round draft choices for anyone not named Andrew Luck or JJ Watt.
The Bills gave up two first rounders for Sammy Watkins. Granted it's not likely because they would also have to give Houston a mega deal, but I wouldn't say impossible.

philfree
03-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Don't the other teams have to ask for permission to talk to Houston and his agent and state that they are willing to give up the compensation before an offer sheet can be offered and signed? I haven't heard/read a peep about anyone having an interest in signing Houston.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Neat. Good to see you still don't understand the concept that even with a big ****ing asterisk next to his name, he can still talk to other teams and figure out exactly what his worth is.

That's the concept of testing the free agency waters. grts

Maybe you should try learning the concept of the effects of not being free has on contract negotiations.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Maybe you should try learning the concept of the effects of not being free has on contract negotiations.
Don't you understand the concept of that fucking doesn't matter and teams could tell him exactly what they'd give him if/when he becomes a UFA?

The Dolphins unofficially did this with Branden Albert and wow holy shit he was signed so quick when FA began the next year.

milkman
03-15-2015, 06:35 PM
It kind of does.

No it doesn't.

He is not under contract and is allowed to talk to any team and negotiate a contract.

That, by definition, is a free agent.

And as such, he is being allowed to test the waters, whether teams contact him, or he has to initaitate contact.

milkman
03-15-2015, 06:36 PM
Don't the other teams have to ask for permission to talk to Houston and his agent and state that they are willing to give up the compensation before an offer sheet can be offered and signed? I haven't heard/read a peep about anyone having an interest in signing Houston.

No permission required.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:37 PM
No it doesn't.

He is not under contract and is allowed to talk to any team and negotiate a contract.

That, by definition, is a free agent.

And as such, he is being allowed to test the waters, whether teams contact him, or he has to initaitate contact.

You're right. The fact that Houston can only leave KC on their authority has no impact on his status as a free agent.

Tell me. How many offer sheets does a 26 year old OLB that just had a 22 sack season have on the table right now? Being a free agent he should have at least 5.

I highly doubt that any team is seriously talking with Houston because he is in fact not free.

SAUTO
03-15-2015, 06:40 PM

Free agent always meant to me you didn't have to give anything up to sign them.

BryanBusby
If you understood football at all, you'd know why they wouldn't bother talking to Houston now.

philfree
No permission required.

Maybe I's thinking that in regards to the other teams wanting to give less than the two 1sts. None the less I have seen no chatter on Houston.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:41 PM
If you understood football at all, you'd know why they wouldn't bother talking to Houston now.

Oh so as soon as the draft is over he's going to get flooded with offers? OK!

SAUTO
03-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Does anyone think suh is in Miami at the contract cost and also costing two first rounders?

milkman
03-15-2015, 06:46 PM
You're right. The fact that Houston can only leave KC on their authority has no impact on his status as a free agent.

Tell me. How many offer sheets does a 26 year old OLB that just had a 22 sack season have on the table right now? Being a free agent he should have at least 5.

I highly doubt that any team is seriously talking with Houston because he is in fact not free.

Once again, none of the other shit matters.

He is not under contract.

He's a free agent.

Urc Burry
03-15-2015, 06:47 PM
This was my dream off season AND we got Ben Grubbs. I don't give a shit what Walter thinks

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Nobody is outright insisting that a team is going to happily hand over 2 first round picks to the rights for Houston.

Teams can talk all fucking day and night about contract numbers with Houston. This gives him and his agent a good idea exactly what his worth would be.

If a team really wants him bad than they would have to negotiate with the Chiefs, if they choose not to pay 2 firsts.

If I were a team like the Indianapolis Colts, who are on the cusp of being in the Super Bowl, I'd probably make the move right after the draft ends. The two picks would be future (likely late firsts) and you just weakened a potential playoff threat in the process.

If and when the Chiefs got a good offer for him on the table, they would have to seriously consider it. If they've pissed him off enough, he may never sign a longterm contract here and they may want to consider the haul they'd get in return.

jd1020
03-15-2015, 06:48 PM
He is not under contract.

He's a free agent.

I'll think I'll bow out and let you bash your head against the wall in your padded room and your helmet strapped up.

SDChiefs
03-15-2015, 07:02 PM
So I'm gathering that a restricted free agent is no longer a free agent because the team has rights.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 07:08 PM

Sounds like Justin Houston just wants out of here by now, as they've pissed him off.

Sounds like Justin Houston is trying to negotiate more money and knows he has plenty of time + a good excuse to miss offseason work.

Houston won't be pissed when the Chiefs offer him money. Based on Dorsey's tone, that will come, but not until Houston gets a chance to see what his market value is. I am much happier with their approach here than I was with Bowe, where I thought the Chiefs panicked and flinched way too soon.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Maybe I's thinking that in regards to the other teams wanting to give less than the two 1sts. None the less I have seen no chatter on Houston.

exclusive tag would require permission

non-exclusive tag does not, it's basically free agency with the home team
getting a right to first refusal or compensation

Mr. Laz
03-15-2015, 07:38 PM
So I'm gathering that a restricted free agent is no longer a free agent because the team has rights.

depends on the offer from the current team

they can tender offers at different levels which end up with different compensation etc

TEX
03-15-2015, 07:57 PM
He's completely wrong with ALL of it except with his take on Faniaka. That guy IS terrible.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 08:02 PM
So, nobody remembers how Parker was hit or miss from week to week, then?

Okay.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 08:09 PM
So, nobody remembers how Parker was hit or miss from week to week, then?

Okay.

Parker was hit or miss because due to injuries, he was asked to play a lot of corner. He did fine as a single high. And that's considering that his front 7 didn't do nearly enough to keep runners out of the second level. As a Free Safety, his primary responsibility is to be good in coverage, and the Chiefs ranked in the top 3 in pass D.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 08:11 PM
Parker was hit or miss because due to injuries, he was asked to play a lot of corner. He did fine as a single high. And that's considering that his front 7 didn't do nearly enough to keep runners out of the second level. As a Free Safety, his primary responsibility is to be good in coverage, and the Chiefs ranked in the top 3 in pass D.

I thought our front was the greatest thing since sliced banana peels?

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 08:12 PM
I thought our front was the greatest thing since sliced banana peels?

What? Who said that? Everybody knew that with Berry out and DJ out, we were going to have leaks in run support.

GoChargers
03-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Get back to us when your team breaks 9-7.

Um, we are 9-7 every year. Perfectly average and anonymous. You are right that the majority of our dumbass fanbase can't get enough of that mediocrity, though. The football neanderthals that comprise our fanbase also want to either trade for an aging Adrian Peterson or draft a running back in the first round in 2015 - that just says it all.

I do think Walter is more right than wrong. He also consistently rips the Raiders a new one, far worse than how he treats the Chiefs, and it's hilarious.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 08:15 PM
What? Who said that? Everybody knew that with Berry out and DJ out, we were going to have leaks in run support.

Yeah, that's true.

Halfcan
03-15-2015, 08:15 PM
The Parker segment is spot on.

chiefzilla1501
03-15-2015, 08:19 PM
The Parker segment is spot on.

How is it spot on? He isn't getting paid nearly as much as Walter says, and his entire eval is based on his combined run D (which factors in his time at CB and completely ignores how badly his front 7 was beat up last year in run support). It's completely off the mark.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2015, 08:20 PM

Every time I see this, I think of "Boss Tanaka" from 'Kill Bill' getting his head cut off.

GoChargers
03-15-2015, 08:40 PM
So....you seen something on a website....copied and pasted it... and now its Law...ROFLROFL

It's true. The only position more overrated and replaceable than WR is RB.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 09:43 PM

You jump to the dumbest conclusions.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 09:46 PM
If I were a team like the Indianapolis Colts, who are on the cusp of being in the Super Bowl

LMAO

The Colts are so far away from the Super Bowl that they might as well be the Jaguars.

They signed three over 30 players, one that's 34, and that's supposed to get them into the Super Bowl?

Ryan Grigson is as overmatched as I've seen a GM since Matt Millen. He made one great decision, which really wasn't a decision at all, and since then has wet the bed like a 3 year old.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 10:00 PM
LMAO

The Colts are so far away from the Super Bowl that they might as well be the Jaguars.

They signed three over 30 players, one that's 34, and that's supposed to get them into the Super Bowl?

Ryan Grigson is as overmatched as I've seen a GM since Matt Millen. He made one great decision, which really wasn't a decision at all, and since then has wet the bed like a 3 year old.
Your opinion is awful in short. They've advanced one level further into the playoffs each year and they basically have one of the easiest routes to the playoffs.

Might as well be the Jaguars? Blake Bortles? LMAO Get out of here with that dumb ass shit.

Grigson isn't an ace GM by any means, but he has made some good moves.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Your opinion is awful in short. They've advanced one level further into the playoffs each year and they basically have one of the easiest routes to the playoffs.

Might as well be the Jaguars? Blake Bortles? LMAO Get out of here with that dumb ass shit.

You're beyond wrong.

They just released one of their best receivers and signed a 34 year old has been. They signed a 32 year old Gore and an old Trent Cole.

They've reached the playoffs the past few years because their division has been warmed over dogshit. But that's changing, as the Texans went 9-7 with Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick and a few games with Ryan Mallet and they did that without the services of the #1 overall draft pick.

The Colts will not waltz through the AFC South this year and they won't be an improved team.

You're a fucking moron that gets his information from dumbasses. Either that or you're just a fucking dumbass with no ability to use his miniscule, shriveled brain.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 10:05 PM

Bullshit. He's had two drafts and two offseasons to improve that roster and the line sucks, the running backs suck, they have no pass rush, and their secondary is shit beyond Davis.

Yeah, he's done wonders.

Get your fucking shine box.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 10:13 PM
That roster was fucking gutted from Polians era and was filled with players that matched his shit, which they no longer wanted to run.

Expecting the entire team to be retooled is ridiculous and you're just showing that you're still wrong. That's before mentioning that he's been a little restricted considering his fucking boss thinks that he is Al Davis and makes personnel moves under the influence of alcohol and pills.

The Texans are the only threat to them and the Colts can beat them. You act like they are in the goddamn NFC West.

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 10:15 PM
I mean for fuck sakes, you think that an AFC Championship squad is on the same level as one who hasn't seen the playoffs in around ten years. Get the fuck out of here.

GloryDayz
03-15-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm outraged by this guy I've never heard of grading things he's obviously not qualified to judge...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 10:34 PM
I mean for fuck sakes, you think that an AFC Championship squad is on the same level as one who hasn't seen the playoffs in around ten years. Get the fuck out of here.

Thanks again for proving you're fucking dumb.

Kudos.

GoChargers
03-15-2015, 10:36 PM
I disagree with his hyperbole (comparing them to the Jaguars? Really?), but I do have to agree with Dane here that the Colts aren't really that close to a Super Bowl. Their defense is still Charmin-soft and gets shredded by pretty much any running back with a pulse, yet their big moves were to bring in an aging WR and an aging RB. Those are the two least impactful positions in football (other than positions like punter, fullback, or long snapper, obviously), yet they went out and splurged on big names who are too old to contribute anymore. Without Luck, they'd really be the Jaguars.

Willie Lanier
03-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Walter hates the chiefs for some reason, who cares?

Moving right along and not listening to this dipshit...

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 10:58 PM
I disagree with his hyperbole (comparing them to the Jaguars? Really?), but I do have to agree with Dane here that the Colts aren't really that close to a Super Bowl. Their defense is still Charmin-soft and gets shredded by pretty much any running back with a pulse, yet their big moves were to bring in an aging WR and an aging RB. Those are the two least impactful positions in football (other than positions like punter, fullback, or long snapper, obviously), yet they went out and splurged on big names who are too old to contribute anymore. Without Luck, they'd really be the Jaguars.

Stick Luck on the Jaguars and Bortles on the Colts.

:D

BryanBusby
03-15-2015, 11:02 PM
Stick Luck on the Jaguars and Bortles on the Colts.

:D
So they could of fucked him up like they did with Gabbert and are in progress of doing with Bortles? You still don't really seem to get it.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2015, 11:03 PM
So they could of fucked him up like they did with Gabbert and are in progress of doing with Bortles? You still don't really seem to get it.

Because it's the same coaching staff?

You should stop now, Dude. It's just going to get uglier, the most you post.

BryanBusby
03-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Because it's the same coaching staff?

You should stop now, Dude. It's just going to get uglier, the most you post.

I still don't think you really quite get why the Jaguars are a perennial bad franchise and why your opinions are also bad. You're up to your old tricks again and really don't have much substance to your opinions, just insults.

The Jaguars constantly make bad hires.

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2015, 10:41 AM

Luck was never going to be fucked up no matter where he went. That dude was born to be a QB.

Brock
03-16-2015, 11:27 AM
I still don't think you really quite get why the Jaguars are a perennial bad franchise and why your opinions are also bad. You're up to your old tricks again and really don't have much substance to your opinions, just insults.

The Jaguars constantly make bad hires.

I don't think Bradley was a bad hire.

splatbass
03-16-2015, 11:51 AM

And this is where Dorsey is being smart, not incompetent as you think. Houston is very unlikely to find anyone willing to pay what he wants and give up two first round picks, so Dorsey will then have the upper hand in negotiations.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2015, 11:59 AM
And this is where Dorsey is being smart, not incompetent as you think. Houston is very unlikely to find anyone willing to pay what he wants and give up two first round picks, so Dorsey will then have the upper hand in negotiations.
exactly

allowed Houston to look around will likely reduce any hostility and make it easier to keep Houston, not harder.

Unless he finds a team that will give him the Suh treatment. If that happens then nothing else we do will really matter. Force that team to give two 1st rounders and move on.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-04-2016, 03:00 PM

This was precisely my opinion when we signed mACLin. It won't work out for us, and he won't even make it 12 games year 1. The out years, he won't even be on the roster. I'd bet money on this.

Or here's this one, if you prefer . . . . .

MotherfuckerJones
01-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Maclin should be an A, Fanaika F, Parker is a B+, Grubbs D.

staylor26
01-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Damn Prison Bitch looks like you're full of shit.

notorious
01-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Some fans are incapable of cheering for a player based solely on the school they came from.

I don't give a fuck where a player comes from, if they produce I like them.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Yeah... Walter missed on another one here. Maclin and Parker at least, who have had tremendous seasons.

The dude is seriously a good luck charm I swear.

thabear04
01-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Forgot we had Paul Fanaika on the team.

mcaj22
01-04-2016, 03:28 PM
So they could of ****ed him up like they did with Gabbert and are in progress of doing with Bortles? You still don't really seem to get it.

4000 yards and 35 touchdowns later you were WAY off on Bortles lol

Don Corlemahomes
01-04-2016, 03:30 PM

I like these grades.

Lzen
01-04-2016, 03:35 PM

This is correct.

FTR, I loved the Maclin signing from the get go.

Mav
01-04-2016, 06:54 PM
I'd say Parker is an A signing. He's the ultimate fill in glue guy.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2016, 07:11 PM
FonzieFootball just released his grades for the Maclin and Parker moves:

http://i.imgur.com/IviNsUi.png

Saul Good
01-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Parker has quietly been an excellent signing.

SAUTO
01-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Parker has quietly been an excellent signing.

Funny after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over re-signing him.

Brock
01-04-2016, 07:26 PM

Turns out he's terrible

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Turns out he's terrible

I know I'll get ragged on for this. Whatever. But this is a pretty excellent article explaining the Jags situation:
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/gus-bradley-hard-sell-lead-jags-2016/npwnL/

I've already said my piece on this. It's just an interesting read, though, for anyone who judges Jax only on their record. They should have squeezed more wins out of what they had, but I think 2016 will be the true measure of how good the GM and Bradley really are.

KCwolf
01-04-2016, 08:06 PM
WalterFootballisadumbassthatshouldquithisjob :)

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2016, 09:08 PM

I think you need to look in the mirror.

Nearly everything you stated in this thread was wrong, especially the parts about Houston.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Funny after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over re-signing him.

They were absolute morons to bitch about the signing. He was rock solid at safety last year. It's like we all watch different games.

scho63
01-05-2016, 12:20 AM
WalterFootballisadumbassthatshouldquithisjob :)

This x 1000

Strongside
01-05-2016, 12:23 AM
Man. In my 30 years of existence I can easily confirm that Walter is the biggest dipshit in football journalism that I've ever encountered. Nick Athan does a better job than this fucking clown.

lcarus
01-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Forgot we had Paul Fanaika on the team.

I forgot we had Grubbs on the team. What a shitball that guy has been (when he has played).

Walter Football is just a flat out joke.

Halfcan
01-05-2016, 11:31 AM
More garbage from Walter the D bag Chief hater.

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5) - Previously: #11 - New Year's resolution time, and this is the moment all Chiefs fans have been waiting for:

I was wrong about Kansas City. The team is great. Alex Smith makes terrific throws all the time. Some of his dinks and dunks make me cry because they are so beautiful. And his scrambles are going to work so well against good defenses. And speaking of good defenses, the Chiefs played so many difficult opponents during their 10-game winning streak. I have no idea how they won all of those games. Wowzers. And let's not forget about that great receiving corps. Albert Wilson and Jason Avant are basically All-Pros. And man, oh man, Spencer Ware is such a threat in the backfield. And let's not forget about Andy Reid, who always makes the best coaching decisions during games. I'm sweating so much right now that my shirt is completely drenched.

What? I wasn't being facetious whatsoever! The Chiefs really are legit!

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2016, 11:44 AM
More garbage from Walter the D bag Chief hater.

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5) - Previously: #11 - New Year's resolution time, and this is the moment all Chiefs fans have been waiting for:

I was wrong about Kansas City. The team is great. Alex Smith makes terrific throws all the time. Some of his dinks and dunks make me cry because they are so beautiful. And his scrambles are going to work so well against good defenses. And speaking of good defenses, the Chiefs played so many difficult opponents during their 10-game winning streak. I have no idea how they won all of those games. Wowzers. And let's not forget about that great receiving corps. Albert Wilson and Jason Avant are basically All-Pros. And man, oh man, Spencer Ware is such a threat in the backfield. And let's not forget about Andy Reid, who always makes the best coaching decisions during games. I'm sweating so much right now that my shirt is completely drenched.

What? I wasn't being facetious whatsoever! The Chiefs really are legit!

Yeah, not even bothering with this guy. If he wants to ruin his credibility by making a bunch of really bad picks just to troll, then let him. But I hope we don't feed the troll more than we need to.

Direckshun
01-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Guarantee you he'll pick against us all the way through the playoffs.

Hey, he'll be right eventually and will probably claim total vindication when he is.

TLO
01-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Guarantee you he'll pick against us all the way through the playoffs.

Hey, he'll be right eventually and will probably claim total vindication when he is.

And lose another $5k in the process.

keg in kc
01-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Walter Football makes Pro Football Talk prior to the nbc buyout look like expert analysis. Almost enough to make Nick Athan look like a genious (cpsp).

Chiefnj2
01-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately, all of Walter's dumbassery will be erased if KC is unable to beat the Texans this week.

Pitt Gorilla
01-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Some fans are incapable of cheering for a player based solely on the school they came from.

I don't give a **** where a player comes from, if they produce I like them.bambi is a Donx fan BECAUSE they have ku players on their team.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Damn Prison Bitch looks like you're full of shit.

I'm right here.

Prison Bitch
06-02-2017, 07:09 PM

Sometimes it's a burden being me. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

LoneWolf
06-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Sometimes it's a burden being me. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

How much money did you lose when Maclin made it through 13 games his first season?

Pasta Little Brioni
06-02-2017, 09:03 PM
How much money did you lose when Maclin made it through 13 games his first season?

ROFL

Prison Bitch
06-02-2017, 10:34 PM

Anyone who thought Mr Glass would make it thru this deal is a Tard

LoneWolf
06-03-2017, 06:56 AM
Anyone who thought Mr Glass would make it thru this deal is a Tard

True, but what does that have to do with your statement that he wouldn't make it past 12 games his first year in KC?

Heavy is the head that wears the beanie and propeller.