PDA

View Full Version : Electronics I phones who has one and why?

Psyko Tek
03-18-2015, 07:53 PM
just wondering how many people use iphones,
and you reasons for buying one

lewdog
03-18-2015, 07:54 PM
I do. Because they're fucking awesome.

In58men
03-18-2015, 07:55 PM
I have one because fuck you that's why.

Psyko Tek
03-18-2015, 07:55 PM
and you got in before the poll congrats,

Psyko Tek
03-18-2015, 07:56 PM
I have one because fuck you that's why.

you have one and fuck you.
enjoy

Marcellus
03-18-2015, 08:00 PM
I have had iPhone since the first one (now have an I6) and then bought an Android tablet.

I assume Android is better than it was 4 years ago like iPhone, but dealing with both tells me Apple kills in ease of use, intuitiveness, lack of issues with apps, and simple effectiveness.

Android is better at user customizing but was lacking in most every other area when I dealt with it.

I like Apple, it works for me.

Urc Burry
03-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Have the 6. Just prefer the interface and music player

In58men
03-18-2015, 08:01 PM
you have one and **** you.
enjoy

I like them because it was the very first smart phone I've used. Just got use to it. Never tried Samsung, but I have heard GREAT things about them. I know about 3738262 bro-hams who switched from iPhone to Sumsug and said it's way better.

mr. tegu
03-18-2015, 08:08 PM
I have one because it was $0.99.

DaFace
03-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Nah. Android for me. Probably won't ever change.

Zebedee DuBois
03-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I got an iPhone 4 for a buck when the 5s came out - my first smart phone. Loved it. Got a 6 last fall. Works great for me.

bishop_74
03-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Wife and I both have one. Less of a hassle than Android for the wife. The interface seems to be getting buggy so I might explore Android next contract

BigRedChief
03-18-2015, 08:15 PM
just wondering how many people use iphones,
and you reasons for buying oneI've had an I-Phone since version 3. They rock. The apps are way better than anything else. WTF do you think is better?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-18-2015, 08:16 PM
because i-can.

Eleazar
03-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Started with iPhones, switched to Android briefly, switched back next upgrade. I just feel like Apple balances streamlined use with function the best, and you don't have to worry that your device is going to be abandoned by the manufacturer and not get updates any longer... just my preference.

Bwana
03-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Yep 6+ and love it.

hometeam
03-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Cant stand Apples proprietary business model.

Will never buy anything from them.

Zebedee DuBois
03-18-2015, 08:24 PM
I used Windows PCs for 25 years, and switched to an iMac - mostly to reduce cables.
I became aware that I was dealing with less crap. Two ways of looking at the same thing: 1.)Apple limits your options, or 2.) Apple shields you from a lot of crap.

i've become a fan of reduced crap, and evidently I am willing to pay extra for that.

Buck
03-18-2015, 08:26 PM
I have one. I was tired of every Android I had being pretty much obsolete after 6 months.

I despised Apple, but when the 5s was getting awesome reviews compared to the best Androids when it came out, I switched. I don't regret it. It has worked perfectly for almost two years and I have no intentions of upgrading it until it slows considerably or can't keep a charge, which I haven't had any issues with so far.

Edit: iPhone 5s came out 18 months ago, not 2 years ago. We'll see if I get at least 2 years out of it. Slightly worried about planned obsolescence. I have never owned another Apple product other than an iPod, but I know that it's one of the biggest complaints.

Boise_Chief
03-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Samsung note 4. It was the best machine for the job I needed done. Basically a ipad or good tablet that makes calls. Love the s pen feature.

Besides im not buying a phone i cant replace the battery in among other things.

Elwaysux
03-18-2015, 08:34 PM
I have two. A 5 for business and an old 4, soon to upgrade to the 6, for personal. Have had one since the first one came out and can't wait for the Apple watch. Love the Apple products.

WakkaWakka
03-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Had Iphone 3G, switched to Motorola Droid when it first came out. Android was new and was not as expected. Switched back to Iphone 4 and stayed through Iphone 5S. Switched back to Android 6 months ago and haven't looked back. Android has definitely come a long way and I'm happy with my decision. My wife has an Iphone 5c though.

mr. tegu
03-18-2015, 09:01 PM
I still have the iPhone 4. I don't even have Siri. I paid $1 for it though and I think I got it when the iPhone 5 came out so it has lasted a long time.

srvy
03-18-2015, 09:09 PM
My job furnishes me with a windows phone :D I dont own my own cell phone doubt I ever will till I retire.

Wife on the other hand has a big ass Samsung and looks so silly up to her ear. She is Filipino so looks like a shoe up to her ear. Apps haaaaaaaaa she must have 100 on the phone uses about 5 and I bet she doesn't even know where or what the rest actually do.

Munson
03-18-2015, 09:17 PM
My first iPhone was the 4(or maybe the 4S, can't remember). Had it for a couple years. Got the 5C last summer and don't regret it.

I prefer Apple products over anything else. I've got a Macbook Air laptop and an iPod in addition to the iPhone. Apple stuff is expensive compared to the competition, but the shit works, and lasts a long time. And I just like iOS better than anything else.

Why Not?
03-18-2015, 09:17 PM
2 for me. 6 personal and 5 for business. Plus a MacBook, an Apple desktop and 4 IPads. I kinda like Apple products.

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2015, 09:22 PM
No. Fuck Apple.

Jimmya
03-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Samsung Note 4. Best phone on the market.

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2015, 09:28 PM
I have one. I was tired of every Android I had being pretty much obsolete after 6 months.

What? I've been using Android for 5 years and never encountered this. Obsolete? WTF.

hometeam
03-18-2015, 09:29 PM
What? I've been using Android for 5 years and never encountered this. Obsolete? WTF.

largest percentage of android users are still actually on 4.4 so yea just becuase a new version comes out does not make old ones any less useful.

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2015, 09:30 PM

Absolutely this!

88TG88
03-18-2015, 09:30 PM
I only use Vertu

cosmo20002
03-18-2015, 09:34 PM
My job furnishes me with a windows phone :D I dont own my own cell phone doubt I ever will till I retire.

Wife on the other hand has a big ass Samsung and looks so silly up to her ear. She is Filipino so looks like a shoe up to her ear. Apps haaaaaaaaa she must have 100 on the phone uses about 5 and I bet she doesn't even know where or what the rest actually do.

Most bizarre comment I've seen today.
Is that an Imelda Marcos joke or does your wife's face look like a foot?

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2015, 09:35 PM
I only use Vertu

Never heard of them, but they look badass!

And very expensive.

cosmo20002
03-18-2015, 09:36 PM
No. **** Apple.

For all of our differences, we are alike in many ways.

Buck
03-18-2015, 09:38 PM

I should have said ineffective and glitchy. After about 6 months of use battery life was poor and it was like I was using a virus-riddled PC. Crashes and slowness left and right.

srvy
03-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Most bizarre comment I've seen today.
Is that an Imelda Marcos joke or does your wife's face look like a foot?

Guess you are to young of a snot nose to remember the show Get Smart.

If you ever find yourself in the Phils word of advice dont speak ill of either Marcos. They are revered like Macarthur.

TribalElder
03-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Facetime is like free phone calls via audio or video calls to keep in touch long distance style.

Droid was cool to hack on and turn into a hotspot among other things

Droid catches waaaay more aids than the little fruits though

cosmo20002
03-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Guess you are to young of a snot nose to remember the show Get Smart.

If you ever find yourself in the Phils word of advice dont speak ill of either Marcos. They are revered like Macarthur.

I'm familiar with Get Smart.
What threw me is the "She is Filipino so looks like a shoe up to her ear" which implies that her being Filipino is why it looks like a shoe.

I'm not sure what being Filipino has to do with it.

srvy
03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm familiar with Get Smart.
What threw me is the "She is Filipino so looks like a shoe up to her ear" which implies that her being Filipino is why it looks like a shoe.

I'm not sure what being Filipino has to do with it.

Well they are small petite people it looks fucking huge in her hand against her ear.

Buehler445
03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
I do because I switched from blackberry before Android was big and to date haven't wanted to dick around with switching, but this is my last one.

I'm out at the next upgrade.

Fat Elvis
03-18-2015, 10:12 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TRmgMe2STL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Kotter
03-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Once you go Android (and mp3...)...you will NEVER go back. Just sayin'...

Especially once you discover the youtube to mp3 app...SAMSUNG is da bomb--not even kiddin'

I have had iPhone since the first one (now have an I6) and then bought an Android tablet.

I assume Android is better than it was 4 years ago like iPhone, but dealing with both tells me Apple kills in ease of use, intuitiveness, lack of issues with apps, and simple effectiveness.

Android is better at user customizing but was lacking in most every other area when I dealt with it.

You are dumb...and lazy. Sorry. Nothin' personal....

Day---OOO!!!

$40 dollar chargers that SUCK...real accessories that you cannot buy anywhere else EXCEPT through Apple...SERIOUSLY??? WTF is wrong with this picture???

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

BigBeauford
03-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Had the HTC Evo, awesome phone but a buggy mess. Then got a Galaxy S3, constantly crashed and reset on itself. Then the battery started overheating. Finally said screw it, bought an IPhone 5S. Best phone I have ever bought. Then I bought a MacBook Air, best computer I have ever bought. Basically I love Apple products, they just work.

Fat Elvis
03-18-2015, 10:26 PM
largest percentage of android users are still actually on 4.4 so yea just becuase a new version comes out does not make old ones any less useful.

My wife and I have Moto Gs and love them. They are affordable and do everything we want out of a smartphone. Stock Android, no crap to mess up stuff. She runs 4.4 and I run 5.0. They work perfectly together.

I have Apple products for work and I hate them.

Mr. Kotter
03-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Had the HTC Evo, awesome phone but a buggy mess. Then got a Galaxy S3, constantly crashed and reset on itself. Then the battery started overheating. Finally said screw it, bought an IPhone 5S. Best phone I have ever bought. Then I bought a MacBook Air, best computer I have ever bought. Basically I love Apple products, they just work.

The key is WAIT byond the "release"...any 'bugs' are done for Androids after 2-3 months. THEN they blow away the Apple-crap...IMHO...

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2015, 10:31 PM
I should have said ineffective and glitchy. After about 6 months of use battery life was poor and it was like I was using a virus-riddled PC. Crashes and slowness left and right.

Well, even of the battery takes a shit, at least it's easy to replace...

Mr. Kotter
03-18-2015, 10:34 PM
Well, even of the battery takes a shit, at least it's easy to replace...

Instead of spending 2-3 times the cash to get a cell phone joint to "replace" it....??? No kidding... LMAO

That and I guess Buck don't know how to keep his chit safe and clean...lazy, lazy, lazy. Go APPPLE!!! :doh!:

TLO
03-18-2015, 11:08 PM

Same. I love my Android.

03-18-2015, 11:18 PM

These statements always amaze me because I have always found android to be much more intuitive and effective than an iPhone. To me, android gave me everything the iphone did not, but should have.

BWillie
03-18-2015, 11:21 PM
I suspect most ppl that have iPhones also like shopping at Whole Foods, because its more expensive than necessary and makes them feel good.

jjjayb
03-18-2015, 11:25 PM
These statements always amaze me because I have always found android to be much more intuitive and effective than an iPhone. To me, android gave me everything the iphone did not, but should have.

No kidding. How is Apple intuitive? I'm in my browser on an Iphone. I decide I need to change a setting in my browser. What do I do? I exit the browser to go to my settings page and look for browser settings. Because just hitting the settings button from within the browser like you do on Android is just soooo confusing. :rolleyes:

TribalElder
03-18-2015, 11:58 PM
I suspect most ppl that have iPhones also like shopping at Whole Foods, because its more expensive than necessary and makes them feel good.

Actually I paid for my iPhone outright and then went month to month no contract for 30bucks unlimited text and data with 300 minutes

Only suckers subsidize their phone purchase across a 2 year contract. I've never set foot into a whole foods market that I know of ROFL

Imon Yourside
03-19-2015, 12:10 AM

Same, love the new Operating systems and mods for my Galaxy S4. :D

Like a new experience without spending a dime.

Imon Yourside
03-19-2015, 12:12 AM

I have an android and I shop occasionally at whole foods. It makes me feel good like buying the crap from other stores makes me feel bad...Physically.

jd1020
03-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Being a best bang for your buck kind of guy, I avoid Apple products like the plague.

|Zach|
03-19-2015, 12:21 AM
My personal experience is that android phones quickly ran themselves into the ground performance wise. My iPhone's have been a lot better in that department especially as times goes on. I am happy with mine when I pick it up it just works smoothly.

Marcellus
03-19-2015, 03:55 AM
Once you go Android (and mp3...)...you will NEVER go back. Just sayin'...

Especially once you discover the youtube to mp3 app...SAMSUNG is da bomb--not even kiddin'

You are dumb...and lazy. Sorry. Nothin' personal....

Day---OOO!!!

$40 dollar chargers that SUCK...real accessories that you cannot buy anywhere else EXCEPT through Apple...SERIOUSLY??? WTF is wrong with this picture???

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The 2 bolded statements are fairly ironic considering you would have to be a lazy dumbass to pay $40 for a charger. I have an I6, multiple chargers and probably paid $25 for the most expensive one.

Non Apple chargers work.

Coochie liquor
03-19-2015, 04:14 AM
I went from Blackberry to iphone many years ago. Have liked it mostly . I also hate trying to learn a new phone, so it would take a lot for me to switch.

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 05:03 AM
A recent study out of the UK shows some interesting results. In a group of 1,000 smartphone users, those who own an iPhone completed the test faster than those who own phones made by Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Google Nexus, and BlackBerry. iPhone owners completed the test, on average, in 94 seconds, while Android users averaged 102 seconds. BlackBerry users fell far behind, taking 118 seconds to finish.

The exercise, called The Test of Wits, quizzed users on three distinct types of questions: problem solving skills, pattern recognition, and code cracking.

How do you feel about the results? Let us know in the comments. You can read more about the study at the source link below.http://blog.zagg.com/study-finds-ios-users-are-smarter-than-blackberry-and-android-users/

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 05:08 AM
Are you an iPhone user? Congratulations! You're probably smarter than the Android owner sitting next to you.
A new study conducted by online advertising network Chitika found that states with more college graduates tend to also have higher iPhone sales.
Alaska (66%), Montana and Vermont have the largest percentage of iPhone users. New Mexico (41%), Iowa and Delaware have the lowest share of iPhone sales per capita.

Notably, Chitika found that increased wealth is also linked to greater iPhone sales -- but since college degrees also correlate with higher incomes, Chitika says those results are redundant.
Other studies have found similar results. Rich, white males tend to buy more iPhones, particularly in the first weeks that they go on sale.
In the first month of sales, nearly 80% of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus buyers in the United States were male, and more than 60% made over $75,000 a year, according to Slice, a company that tracks consumer purchases.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/

03-19-2015, 05:17 AM
http://blog.zagg.com/study-finds-ios-users-are-smarter-than-blackberry-and-android-users/

:popcorn:

This ought to be fun.

Buehler445
03-19-2015, 06:19 AM
http://blog.zagg.com/study-finds-ios-users-are-smarter-than-blackberry-and-android-users/

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/

I'd bet the data in the results is not statistically significant. And I'm an iPhone user.

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 06:23 AM
I'd bet the data in the results is not statistically significant. And I'm an iPhone user.

Statistically significant how? Sample size?

Donger
03-19-2015, 06:25 AM
I have a 5s for work and the wife and kids each have the 5. They will be the last ones.

03-19-2015, 06:26 AM
So basically, they gave the same "test" to 1000 users and the iphone users passed it faster than the rest. So having an iPhone makes you smarter. Hurry everyone, run out and buy that iphone so you can be smarter than everyone else. LMAO

03-19-2015, 06:26 AM
I have a 5s for work and the wife and kids each have the 5. They will be the last ones.

Then you sir, are not smart. :harumph:

Pablo
03-19-2015, 06:42 AM
I bought my phone before Apple came out with modern size screens. I guess I'd consider their 6+ if I was in the market for a new phone; but I don't see that happening for a while.

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 06:48 AM
So having an iPhone makes you smarter.

Or iPhone users are just smart to begin with and tend to gravitate toward purchasing an iPhone. I don't see anywhere, where it says that owning an iphone makes you smarter.

Donger
03-19-2015, 06:51 AM
Then you sir, are not smart. :harumph:

The firmware "fix" to the inherent hardware issue with the antenna got me started. The last straw was/is the proprietary charging cables.

03-19-2015, 06:52 AM
Or iPhone users are just smart to begin with and tend to gravitate toward purchasing an iPhone. I don't see anywhere, where it says that owning an iphone makes you smarter.

I'm making fun of the article. Don't read into it.

Great Expectations
03-19-2015, 06:53 AM
My job furnishes me an iphone. I had one for many years, then I switched to an Android and loved it. I switched jobs and had a 5s. I was disappointed in going back a few years tech wise. My work upgraded me to the 6 when it came out. It feels a lot closer to the android I bought 2/3 years ago and much better than the 5s. If apple would put a back button on the phone and embrace the swype keyboard all would be good.

Pablo
03-19-2015, 06:55 AM
My job furnishes me an iphone. I had one for many years, then I switched to an Android and loved it. I switched jobs and had a 5s. I was disappointed in going back a few years tech wise. My work upgraded me to the 6 when it came out. It feels a lot closer to the android I bought 2/3 years ago and much better than the 5s. If apple would put a back button on the phone and embrace the swype keyboard all would be good.Huh, I guess I wasn't aware you can't swype on an iPhone.

If that's the case, I'll never be purchasing one.

03-19-2015, 06:56 AM
My job furnishes me an iphone. I had one for many years, then I switched to an Android and loved it. I switched jobs and had a 5s. I was disappointed in going back a few years tech wise. My work upgraded me to the 6 when it came out. It feels a lot closer to the android I bought 2/3 years ago and much better than the 5s. If apple would put a back button on the phone and embrace the swype keyboard all would be good.

Why would you need a back button. Aren't you smart enough to not need that? :D

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 07:02 AM

I'd say people who buy Apple products are pushovers. :)

jd1020
03-19-2015, 07:26 AM
So basically, they gave the same "test" to 1000 users and the iphone users passed it faster than the rest. So having an iPhone makes you smarter. Hurry everyone, run out and buy that iphone so you can be smarter than everyone else. LMAO

It doesn't say "passed." It says "completed." I'm typically never one of the first to walk out on a test but I'm usually one of the highest scores.

Fairplay
03-19-2015, 07:29 AM
They made me the class valedictorian even though I didn't want it.

Great Expectations
03-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Huh, I guess I wasn't aware you can't swype on an iPhone.

You can buy an ap that has it, but it is a poor copycat. There is supposedly a new one that is closer to the android version.

Fish
03-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Huh, I guess I wasn't aware you can't swype on an iPhone.

Yeah you can...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swype/id916365675?mt=8

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 07:39 AM
I might be functionally retarded because I can't use Swype for shit. I hate it.

Mr. Kotter
03-19-2015, 07:42 AM

Non Apple chargers work.

I haven't paid more than $8 for any charger since I left the iPhone...

Find me a $6-10 charger (similar to the ones I use for my android...) that won't break, or "mysteriously" no longer work because "this accessory is not compatible with your iPhone" after the most recent software update....

Send it to me, I'll have my wife and daughter experiment with it to find out how long it will REALLY keep working...

hometeam
03-19-2015, 07:49 AM
I might be functionally retarded because I can't use Swype for shit. I hate it.

love it, people ask me all the time wtf im doing and how I text so fast

Gonzo
03-19-2015, 07:51 AM
I've had them since 3. Won't ever change. They're great.

Fish
03-19-2015, 08:02 AM
I haven't paid more than $8 for any charger since I left the iPhone...

Find me a $6-10 charger (similar to the ones I use for my android...) that won't break, or "mysteriously" no longer work because "this accessory is not compatible with your iPhone" after the most recent software update....

Send it to me, I'll have my wife and daughter experiment with it to find out how long it will REALLY keep working...

It's really simple to find chargers in that price range that work great. You must not have tried very hard.

Mr. Kotter
03-19-2015, 08:12 AM
It's really simple to find chargers in that price range that work great. You must not have tried very hard.

I have found them...but as I said, after Apple updates my family starts getting the "this accessory is not compatible with this device" bullshit...if they've finally gotten rid of that bullshit, I guess there is one less reason for the android advantage. However, the very notion of Apple deciding to pay the FCC fine rather than offer the universal plug that everyone else uses...is by itself pretty offensive really.

FWIW, iPhone's big advantage use to the be variety of apps available; once android apps caught up....to me the only real advantage left to the iPhone was familiarity. In my experience, almost no one who tries android (and learn how to use them) goes back. To me, that's the most telling tale...

I've had them since 3. Won't ever change. They're great.

Familiarity, right? That, or you don't want to convert your iTunes to mp3, amiright? :hmmm:

If you want to over-pay for tunes that you don't listen to as much as you think...knock yourself out. Apple is rightfully panicked over the impending arrival of affordable music in the cloud, though...heh

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 08:13 AM
iPhones are for women! :)

This is what I tell my best friend.

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 08:33 AM
I'm making fun of the article. Don't read into it.

:harumph:

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 08:37 AM
I think what kills me the most is how much money I spent on mini USB chargers for my androids. At least with iPhone the lightenting charger and even the one before the connection never wore out. Sure the cable got bad if you didn't treat it right (yank it out of the wall) but never would just randomly fall out of the phone and not charge.

DaFace
03-19-2015, 08:39 AM
I think what kills me the most is how much money I spent on mini USB chargers for my androids. At least with iPhone the lightenting charger and even the one before the connection never wore out. Sure the cable got bad if you didn't treat it right (yank it out of the wall) but never would just randomly fall out of the phone and not charge.

What are you doing that's causing them to fail? I'm still using micro-USB chargers that I got with a non-Android phone nearly a decade ago, and they still work fine. Not to mention that, if you do need to replace them, you can usually do so for around $5 or less.

Mr. Kotter
03-19-2015, 08:40 AM
What are you doing that's causing them to fail? I'm still using micro-USB chargers that I got with a non-Android phone nearly a decade ago, and they still work fine. Not to mention that, if you do need to replace them, you can usually do so for around $5 or less.

Same here...

hometeam
03-19-2015, 08:43 AM

I have a glut of them because every time I get a new phone since I ever got a smart phone it comes with a new charger and all the previous ones are still good.

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 08:52 AM

I've never had that happen. Not once in 5 years.

DaFace
03-19-2015, 08:54 AM
I have a glut of them because every time I get a new phone since I ever got a smart phone it comes with a new charger and all the previous ones are still good.

Yeah, I think I have about 10 of them around the house and work. The only time I've ever bought one was when I wanted one specifically to be tiny and compact to go into my travel bag. Aside from that, I almost don't even know why they give you a new one with each device these days.

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 09:13 AM

Constantly plugging and unplugging? Hell if I know, but I typically see it happen in car chargers more than wall chargers

Bewbies
03-19-2015, 09:37 AM
I have one because I'm a sheep and have money to burn.

ILChief
03-19-2015, 09:47 AM
I used Windows PCs for 25 years, and switched to an iMac - mostly to reduce cables.
I became aware that I was dealing with less crap. Two ways of looking at the same thing: 1.)Apple limits your options, or 2.) Apple shields you from a lot of crap.

i've become a fan of reduced crap, and evidently I am willing to pay extra for that.

That's me. When I was in college, I enjoyed building And fixing PC's and was a microsoft guy. Probably would have been an android fan if it was around then. Now that I have a career, wife, kids, house, etc, I don't have time to fool with stuff. Just want something easy to use out of the box. So I'm a Mac/Apple guy now

Ebolapox
03-19-2015, 09:49 AM

correlation does not equal causation. since I don't own an iphone, I guess my phd will be worthless.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2015, 10:05 AM

As a police officer you do realize that if your IQ were too high, they disqualify you from the job right? :p

DenverChief
03-19-2015, 10:08 AM
As a police officer you do realize that if your IQ were too high, they disqualify you from the job right? :p

Why do you think I got moved to a desk position so fast? :p

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Why do you think I got moved to a desk position so fast? :p

Well played. Glad you're safe too!

Imon Yourside
03-19-2015, 10:15 AM

YEssir if i dont' spend $20 on the charger it lasts from a week to a couple of months max. Pure garbage the connection.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2015, 10:20 AM
So I've always been an android guy. All I hear is how user friendly iphones are and with the 6 having an actual screen that's big enough I'm thinking about buying my first one. As I get older I lose interest in fucking with my phone. Someone talk me off this cliff. I've been bashing Apple my whole life.

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 10:27 AM
So I've always been an android guy. All I hear is how user friendly iphones are and with the 6 having an actual screen that's big enough I'm thinking about buying my first one. As I get older I lose interest in fucking with my phone. Someone talk me off this cliff. I've been bashing Apple my whole life.

I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend...

Marcellus
03-19-2015, 10:38 AM
This proprietary iPhone cable stuff is nonsense. I have a car charger made by Belkin that has worked for years on my I5 and I6. Never been an issue.

I have a plug in charger made by MobiliT and a 6ft cable from Digipro that has never had an issue.

I did have a few issue with my I4 being picky but nothing with the Lightning cable.

And Flop, the I6 is a fantastic phone. I have had them all and it kicks butt IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend...

3EB rep for sure!

Reerun_KC
03-19-2015, 11:20 AM
two reasons I don't have an Iphone, I am not a female nor do I sleep with other men.

Plus I am smart enough to use and understand the Android operating system.

Buck
03-19-2015, 11:21 AM
Instead of spending 2-3 times the cash to get a cell phone joint to "replace" it....??? No kidding... LMAO

That and I guess Buck don't know how to keep his chit safe and clean...lazy, lazy, lazy. Go APPPLE!!! :doh!:

You clearly don't know anything about me if you think I'm an apple fanboy.

I had had bad experiences with android and I prefer my iPhone better. That's it. I never once said that Android sucked, just that I had a bad experience with the two phones I had. You seem to be wanting a flame war. I'm not an idiot and I take care of my devices. My PC is my most prized possession and I would never own an Apple computer.

Also my iPhone cost the exact same to buy as my droids. Not sure where you are getting 2-3x the cost. Each was $200.

siberian khatru
03-19-2015, 11:25 AM
My first smartphone was a Droid X. I liked it, and I always laughed at the Apple fanbois, which included my parents -- they've always had Macs and iPhones.

But I switched to the iPhone 5 because it got such awesome reviews and I fell in love with it when I tried it out in the store. I've since bought an iPad Air, too, after starting out with a Kindle Fire (first gen), so now I'm all fanboi, too. Oh, well.

It's hard to explain. The Apple stuff just feels sleeker and sturdier to me, operates more streamlined. There's a beauty and elegance to it. I still have some issues with Apple -- I still haven't upgraded to iOS 8 because I don't have the space on my devices, and I don't have all that much stuff on them. But I doubt I'll ever go back, at least not anytime soon.

DaveNull
03-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Yup...iPhone since the day it came out. Sticking with that side of the fence because it integrates with computers at home and work, the TV, stereo and everything else.

I've also got a couple Android phones which I'll use as backups. The MotoX is quite nice, but I don't use enough Google stuff to make it as functional overall as my iPhone is.

Marcellus
03-19-2015, 11:55 AM
You clearly don't know anything about me if you think I'm an apple fanboy.

I had had bad experiences with android and I prefer my iPhone better. That's it. I never once said that Android sucked, just that I had a bad experience with the two phones I had. You seem to be wanting a flame war. I'm not an idiot and I take care of my devices. My PC is my most prized possession and I would never own an Apple computer.

Also my iPhone cost the exact same to buy as my droids. Not sure where you are getting 2-3x the cost. Each was $200.

Android users are touchy about it for some reason.

petegz28
03-19-2015, 11:58 AM
andorid=no need for i-tunes :)

Fish
03-19-2015, 12:04 PM
It's funny how vocal Apple haters are. They out themselves faster than vegans or atheists....

DaFace
03-19-2015, 12:06 PM
Android users are touchy about it for some reason.

It's an issue of how people think. If you think the world should be open-source, cross-compatible, and customizable, you like Android. If you like things to be reliable and sleek above all else and enjoy the Apple ecosystem, iOS works great. Those two viewpoints don't overlap a ton, so the two "sides" have trouble understanding each other.

Throw in a high level of elitism in the early iPhone days, and it's ripe fodder for heated arguments.

siberian khatru
03-19-2015, 12:12 PM
It's an issue of how people think. If you think the world should be open-source, cross-compatible, and customizable, you like Android. If you like things to be reliable and sleek above all else and enjoy the Apple ecosystem, iOS works great. Those two viewpoints don't overlap a ton, so the two "sides" have trouble understanding each other.

Through in a high level of elitism in the early iPhone days, and it's ripe fodder for heated arguments.

I'm actually in both camps. I like open source. I wish Apple were open source. But I, personally, obviously value the sleekness a little more to the point I'm willing to pay more for it. But I certainly understand the other side. For me, it's not ideological. It's just personal preference.

Just Passin' By
03-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Because Android sucks

BigRedChief
03-19-2015, 12:39 PM

Throw in a high level of elitism in the early iPhone days, and it's ripe fodder for heated arguments.I get that. I get flack for staying on the Microsoft side of the house in tech. But, thats where the best and most plentiful jobs are.

I see no need to complicate my life by refusing to use a big ass corporations product. Doesn't mean I will work for them.

I got a pile of money to architect a solution for a company that makes the I-Phone cases in Malaysia, Russia, China etc. Sweat shop, $5 a day labor. Horrible conditions. When I found out that, I quit. People probably don't like my current employer either but I'm happy with my choice.

I'll still use the I-Phone though because I'm assuming the Samsung etc. cases are made under the same conditions.

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2015, 01:26 PM
If you compare the latest iPhone with most recent Android flagship devices the Android phones will have better hardware specifications almost every time. Better camera, more memory, more RAM, better battery, higher res screens etc.., usually for a lower price. Plus, if you know what you're doing, the software is much more free for you to do more applications and capabilities. IPhones look beautiful but rugged they are not, I'm not even taking about the "bending" thing. Also iTunes is the Adolph Hitler of software.

ICloud is actually pretty cool if you use it correctly which is probably 10% of iPhone users. If you like having everything the same and you've already overpaid for a Mac and an iPad I get that you're probably trapped so getting an iPhone is just the "easiest" thing to do.

DaveNull
03-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Better camera

I don't think that's the case, unless you're talking about the Nokia phones or that Lumix that's more of a camera first than a phone first.

The other factor for me is software. Looking at my home screen there are only three apps that are also on Android.

DaFace
03-19-2015, 01:50 PM
The other factor for me is software. Looking at my home screen there are only three apps that are also on Android.

Again, your interpretation of that depends on your viewpoint, though. I wish I could find it, but I saw a chart a few months back that demonstrated how Google, Apple, and Microsoft focus on other OS's with their apps. It was something to the effect of:

iOS Android Windows
Apple 20 1 1
Google 30 35 20
Microsoft 10 10 15

The numbers are made up, but the gist was that Apple's goal is to keep you on iOS, so they don't release their apps for other OS's and reward developers for exclusivity. Google just wants you to use Google, so they develop apps for all OS's. And Microsoft is (largely) irrelevant.

So given that, my view on your statement about software is that it's another example of Apple obnoxiously keeping everything closed off to the world, while your view is that Apple is awesome for having apps you can't find anywhere else. Both opinions are completely valid depending on your viewpoint.

Reerun_KC
03-19-2015, 01:52 PM
It's funny how vocal Apple haters are. They out themselves faster than vegans or atheists....

And there are a lot of them as Android still has the market share...

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 02:00 PM

Excuse me if I have no tolerance for pretentious douchebaggery... :)

Joe Seahawk
03-19-2015, 02:01 PM
I have the 6+ really like it! for work i have used an android Razr MAX for the last few years, not a bad phone but i definitely prefer my I phone. My wife has a samsung 5S which is a nice phone too.

ghak99
03-19-2015, 02:13 PM
In the stone age with a 3s. It works. :shrug:

GloryDayz
03-19-2015, 02:31 PM
LOL

Fish
03-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Excuse me if I have no tolerance for pretentious douchebaggery... :)

Yeah, that joke was totally hilarious 10 years ago.

GloryDayz
03-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Here's what mine does now. It's an iPod... http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/19/229856593bf564c03032a41487166d3e.jpg

WhawhaWhat
03-19-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't like itunes or much of ianything. I also love customization.

The Franchise
03-19-2015, 02:45 PM
My wife has an iphone but I have the Note 4. We're actually shopping for an Ipad right now.

morphius
03-19-2015, 02:46 PM
I don't like itunes or much of ianything. I also love customization.
That is sort of where I am, itunes the last few times I loaded it ran like crap, so I don't even bother to install it any more. I also like to customize my stuff. I don't hate the iphone, I think apple does build some quality stuff, I just don't like vendor lock in.

I also don't personally have a use for siri, I used voice commands on my first android phone, and realized I just don't like to ask my phone questions out loud. But I'm also a quiet person, so that could just be me.

DaveNull
03-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I also don't personally have a use for siri, I used voice commands on my first android phone, and realized I just don't like to ask my phone questions out loud. But I'm also a quiet person, so that could just be me.

I don't understand why I can't type commands out to Siri.

morphius
03-19-2015, 03:12 PM

That would be kind of irritating.

58-4ever
03-19-2015, 03:47 PM
I have vacillated between the new Windows Phones and iPhones over the last couple of years. There are features of both that I love, but you can't beat Apple's hardware.

58-4ever
03-19-2015, 03:48 PM

Cortana is WAY better than Siri.

FlaChief58
03-19-2015, 04:09 PM
When they first came out I really wanted one because I love my I pod, but never pulled the trigger. We've always had t-mobile and up until a few years ago the iPhone wasn't available. I have a galaxy note 3 for personal use and work provides me an iPhone 5. My phone kicks the iPhone's ass

GloryDayz
03-19-2015, 05:26 PM
That is sort of where I am, itunes the last few times I loaded it ran like crap, so I don't even bother to install it any more. I also like to customize my stuff. I don't hate the iphone, I think apple does build some quality stuff, I just don't like vendor lock in.

This is very true. I know I've recommended my parents get an iPhone because it's pretty solid, not too much to figure out that they can't do on their own, and I don't have one (so I'm not tech support).

I know a lot has changed in the years since my 3GS, but I too found iTunes very irritating, and I had enough when I found out that you can only delete pics you've taken - any other pics/folders that you put on via a sync have/had to be taken off via a sync. That just pissed me off. Add to it the crappy rule of how many places you could have iTunes/your iPhone connected, and that was just too limiting, and there was no good reason for it. And last, it's obvious that Apple sold it's sole to the non-piracy groups.

Did I mention that not having a battery you can change is just stupid? Who in God's name at Apple HQ thought not having the battery changeable was a good idea? I'm sure the honest answer will be worse to hear - like, "it's our effort to be more green."

And vendor-lock has never been more true than with Apple. Wow, just WOW!!!

SAUTO
03-19-2015, 05:29 PM
I don't own a cellphone. But have access to one lol. My wife always laughs when she gets random texts or calls from people she doesn't know.

Insurance adjusters and stuff.

SAUTO
03-19-2015, 05:32 PM
This proprietary iPhone cable stuff is nonsense. I have a car charger made by Belkin that has worked for years on my I5 and I6. Never been an issue.

I have a plug in charger made by MobiliT and a 6ft cable from Digipro that has never had an issue.

I did have a few issue with my I4 being picky but nothing with the Lightning cable.

And Flop, the I6 is a fantastic phone. I have had them all and it kicks butt IMO.

I have this tiny jumper pack that's not much bigger than a cellphone but I use it to charge my I pad all the time. The adapter that came with it works great and it's not made by Apple.

Cmd'r&Chief
03-19-2015, 05:49 PM
I R Phones

ThaVirus
03-19-2015, 06:10 PM
I bought the iPhone 5 a couple years ago when it came out. Spent $600 on it because I'm a sheep..

I was hearing that some of the 6s were selling for $900. I know they're mini computers but I just can't justify spending that much on a phone.

I think my next phone purchase will be something in the $200-300 range. I only use my phone to send texts, make calls and browse CP/FB/Instagram.

oldman
03-19-2015, 06:14 PM
I hate Apple. Samsung Galaxy.

srvy
03-19-2015, 08:21 PM
A cell phone to me is just a tool for work the first to successfully put a useful pico projector would get my business. Bet there is not an app for that.

BigRedChief
03-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Add to it the crappy rule of how many places you could have iTunes/your iPhone connected, and that was just too limiting, and there was no good reason for it. And last, it's obvious that Apple sold it's sole to the non-piracy groups. well it also made them. Without the Record companies and bands getting on board with the I-Pod, Apple as we know it would never have happened.

Marcellus
03-19-2015, 09:21 PM

Throw in a high level of elitism in the early iPhone days, and it's ripe fodder for heated arguments.

That makes sense. Its simply preference and a bit of philosophical difference.

Bottom line is I want a phone that does what I want, has the options I want, is easy to operate, and is reliable.

I also have it clouded to my iPad so all my shit is in both places automatically. My music, pictures and books on Kindle are there. Its very convenient.

My iPhone gives me what I want. Its that simple.

GloryDayz
03-19-2015, 09:39 PM
I hate Apple. Samsung Galaxy.

Sooooo this.........

J Diddy
03-19-2015, 10:09 PM
My very first smart phone was an I phone 2. I jail broke it quickly and sold it shortly thereafter. Fuck that. Too much power with the apple store.

I've had android phones ever since. Right now I'm rocking a galaxy prevail that has no desire to give me bars but it's a good phone.

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 11:29 PM
https://youtu.be/S0wdW-PEsNQ

:D

kcxiv
03-19-2015, 11:30 PM
I had one, but about 3 months ago i went with the LGG3.

WakkaWakka
03-19-2015, 11:33 PM
I had one, but about 3 months ago i went with the LGG3.

LG G3 FTW, that's what I have and love it!

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2015, 11:36 PM
I have the G3. Didn't think I'd like the power button and volume rocker on the back but I do.

WakkaWakka
03-19-2015, 11:41 PM
I have the G3. Didn't think I'd like the power button and volume rocker on the back but I do.

Same with me at first but it's really grown on me, and the double tap to turn on and off is awesome!

Miles
03-20-2015, 01:21 AM
I have an iPhone 6 and strongly prefer the simplicity and less quirks with the OS that I find perfect for a phone. I also use an Android tablet and appreciate the customization it offers that I just don't want to deal with for a device like a phone that I want to be more streamlined.

morphius
03-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Did I mention that not having a battery you can change is just stupid? Who in God's name at Apple HQ thought not having the battery changeable was a good idea? I'm sure the honest answer will be worse to hear - like, "it's our effort to be more green."
It seems this is becoming common even in the Android world, HTC, Nexus, and even the next Galaxy may not have a replaceable battery. Probably makes it easier to have a different shape and you don't have to have the plastic blocking people from getting to the other internals as well, making it easier to keep thinner. I also hate the lack of SD cards on a lot of the devices, it is/was one of the major advantages of Android phones, and a lot of phones don't even have that anymore.

Fish
03-20-2015, 08:12 AM
The iPhone 6+ has a 2915 mAh battery, which gives better battery life than most of its Android counterparts.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 08:21 AM
The iPhone 6+ has a 2915 mAh battery, which gives better battery life than most of its Android counterparts.

The LG G3 has a 3000 mAh battery and it's removable.

Suck it, Sheep! :)

morphius
03-20-2015, 08:26 AM

I don't know, the G3 which came out before it has 3000 mAh, Nexus 6 3220 mAH, HTC One(m8) 3500 mAh , Droid Turbo 3900 mAH...

But it does beat the year old Galaxy s5 which is at 2800 mAH.

Fish
03-20-2015, 08:45 AM
The LG G3 has a 3000 mAh battery and it's removable.

Suck it, Sheep! :)

And most still rate the iPhone 6+ with having better battery life despite the slightly smaller capacity.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2z6a1k6.jpg

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 08:51 AM
And most still rate the iPhone 6+ with having better battery life despite the slightly smaller capacity.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2z6a1k6.jpg

WTF is 200 nit brightness?

morphius
03-20-2015, 09:08 AM

Yes, just barely because the LG has 2560x1440 with 538 dpi screen versus the Iphone 6+, with the same screen size, 1920x1080 and only 401 dpi.

morphius
03-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Oh, and lets not forget, the LG G3 was released in May of last year in Korea, July here in the states.

DaFace
03-20-2015, 09:16 AM
I honestly wish manufacturers would get over the "make the phone as small as possible" thing a bit and just build in a little extra space for a bigger battery. My Nexus 5 goes for a full day under normal use without a problem, but if I'm using it heavily (sitting in an airport for a couple hours and waiting on a delayed flight for example), it drains down pretty quickly.

Of course, my N5 only has a little 2300mAh battery, so that's part of it.

hometeam
03-20-2015, 09:25 AM
hated my LG G2s, both of them broke on the tiniest of impacts, Have had plenty of android phones and after all of them I am going to stick with Motorola, I beat my phones up and they have always been not only snappy and responsive but can take the abuse. Right now rocking a 2014 motoX.

morphius
03-20-2015, 09:32 AM
I honestly wish manufacturers would get over the "make the phone as small as possible" thing a bit and just build in a little extra space for a bigger battery. My Nexus 5 goes for a full day under normal use without a problem, but if I'm using it heavily (sitting in an airport for a couple hours and waiting on a delayed flight for example), it drains down pretty quickly.

We are really to the point that they don't need to make the things any thinner than they already are. Heck, looking at my G3 I don't know how they would fit a headphone jack if they did.

morphius
03-20-2015, 09:34 AM
hated my LG G2s, both of them broke on the tiniest of impacts, Have had plenty of android phones and after all of them I am going to stick with Motorola, I beat my phones up and they have always been not only snappy and responsive but can take the abuse. Right now rocking a 2014 motoX.

Never had a problem with my G2, dropped it a few times with zero issues. Only thing I disliked about that phone was the weak GPS antenna and lack of SD card.

hometeam
03-20-2015, 09:35 AM
We are really to the point that they don't need to make the things any thinner than they already are. Heck, looking at my G3 I don't know how they would fit a headphone jack if they did.

I can agree with this. My moto X is about the thickness of the micro USB port with about 2mm space top and bottom.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Never had a problem with my G2, dropped it a few times with zero issues. Only thing I disliked about that phone was the weak GPS antenna and lack of SD card.

I never had the G2, but I'll never buy a phone if It doesn't have an SD slot.

DaFace
03-20-2015, 09:43 AM

Just beware - that seems to be the direction things are heading.

ghak99
03-20-2015, 09:43 AM

What are some of the things you use the sd card for?

Fish
03-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Yes, just barely because the LG has 2560x1440 with 538 dpi screen versus the Iphone 6+, with the same screen size, 1920x1080 and only 401 dpi.

Which is a sad waste of resources on a smartphone.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2015, 09:53 AM
You're reaching bro. IPhones are good phones, but there are other phones out there that are better. Get over it

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 09:53 AM
What are some of the things you use the sd card for?

I store music and photos on it.

This way, if the phone takes a shit, I don't lose anything.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Which is a sad waste of resources on a smartphone.

Agreed, I won't argue with this.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Of course the SD card could take a shit, which is known to do far more frequently than an entire phone memory becoming unrecoverable.

Fish
03-20-2015, 09:58 AM
You're reaching bro. IPhones are good phones, but there are other phones out there that are better. Get over it

Are you talking to me? I don't use an iPhone. I'd prefer an iPhone over a G3 though.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2015, 10:03 AM
A six plus over a G3? Maybe, but not by much. Keep in mind to get a 6+ with more than 16gig of memory ( which is a joke in itself considering ios takes 4 out of the box) you're going to need to drop over $400 bones on a two year contract, whereas the G3 can be picked for like fifty and you can put in a 128 sd if you wanted to

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Of course the SD card could take a shit, which is known to do far more frequently than an entire phone memory becoming unrecoverable.

It could. I've had this SD card for about 4 years. I've been meaning to replace it with a larger one. I also have the music on my tablet.

ghak99
03-20-2015, 10:14 AM
I store music and photos on it.

This way, if the phone takes a shit, I don't lose anything.

Gotcha, I've been looking at replacing my antique but can't think of a reason I'd need a card. I email important photos to myself and have all the tunes stored and backed up at home. Field data goes straight to google drive via forms. Other important app data is accessible via home computer login.

I did lose a valuable conversation do to a phone crash once, but that's about the only time I lost something I didn't have access to via other means. Just trying to see if I'm missing something as I haven't had a phone with an card slot for years.

DaveNull
03-20-2015, 10:21 AM

SD cards are really volatile. I try to use them as little as possible after the SD card containing all my wedding pictures went bad between the photographers camera and my computer.

DaFace
03-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Gotcha, I've been looking at replacing my antique but can't think of a reason I'd need a card. I email important photos to myself and have all the tunes stored and backed up at home. Field data goes straight to google drive via forms. Other important app data is accessible via home computer login.

I did lose a valuable conversation do to a phone crash once, but that's about the only time I lost something I didn't have access to via other means. Just trying to see if I'm missing something as I haven't had a phone with an card slot for years.

The main reason why I want one is just for carrying around media. It's pretty easy to use up 32GB of space if you're putting TV shows on there to watch on a plane for example. I also use my phone as a music player, and it's pretty easy to use up 10GB for a few Spotify playlists as well.

Granted, you could just get a bigger-capacity phone in the first place, but that's obviously limiting.

I certainly wouldn't recommend an SD card for things like precious photos, but that's what cloud backups are for.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Samsung's Galaxy is the Iphone's biggest competition. The Android is #3:

1. Iphone
2. Galaxy
3. Android

I'm finally getting rid of my old smart phone. It was a first generation smart phone and has served me well for 8 years, but it's time to move on. I'm getting an Android platform smartphone with all the bells and whistles. I'm getting this particular one because it's cheap. cheap, cheap, cheap.

DaveNull
03-20-2015, 11:04 AM
The main reason why I want one is just for carrying around media. It's pretty easy to use up 32GB of space if you're putting TV shows on there to watch on a plane for example. I also use my phone as a music player, and it's pretty easy to use up 10GB for a few Spotify playlists as well.

Granted, you could just get a bigger-capacity phone in the first place, but that's obviously limiting.

I certainly wouldn't recommend an SD card for things like precious photos, but that's what cloud backups are for.

Ever since I moved my full music collection to iTunes Match my main concern is getting enough capacity to hold photos and video.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 11:14 AM

1. Iphone
2. Galaxy
3. Android

I'm finally getting rid of my old smart phone. It was a first generation smart phone and has served me well for 8 years, but it's time to move on. I'm getting an Android platform smartphone with all the bells and whistles. I'm getting this particular one because it's cheap. cheap, cheap, cheap.

Galaxy is Android.

|Zach|
03-20-2015, 11:42 AM

1. Iphone
2. Galaxy
3. Android

Heh.

DaveNull
03-20-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm looking to use a phone for 10 years. What's the cheapest piece of shit you all sell? Maybe something that's already a couple years out of date?

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm looking to use a phone for 10 years. What's the cheapest piece of shit you all sell? Maybe something that's already a couple years out of date?

10 Years? Good luck getting a battery to last that long.

Fish
03-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Just beware - that seems to be the direction things are heading.

The Samsung Galaxy S6 won't have a microSD slot. Or a removable battery. And the battery shrunk to 2550mAh.

Definitely heading that way..

The Franchise
03-20-2015, 12:00 PM
The Samsung Galaxy S6 won't have a microSD slot. Or a removable battery. And the battery shrunk to 2550mAh.

What the fuck is the point of that? Basically making it so that you HAVE to replace your phone every 1-2 years?

srvy
03-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Sounds like no micro SD they want force the cloud on you. Carefull any pork sword or split bologna shots.

Fish
03-20-2015, 12:09 PM
What the fuck is the point of that? Basically making it so that you HAVE to replace your phone every 1-2 years?

I believe it's mostly motivated by size constraints. There was a real effort to make it super thin and stylish. 0.27" thickness, same as iPhone 6.

Bastards also abandoned the waterproof design of the S5...

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2015, 12:14 PM
I am a little disappointed with the S6. I got a chance to play around with it and it's almost an identical copy of an iPhone 6 exterior wise, just a little larger. I realize everybody copies everybody else but this is like a caving in to public pressure type thing.

DaveNull
03-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Well obviously something in their sales data told them that making these changes made sense.

WilliamTheIrish
03-20-2015, 03:04 PM

Well.... That will send to me to an iPhone pretty quick.

Although, I'm pretty judicious with my battery power. I rarely have data on if I'm within wifi range. So even my old Note 2 would routinely get 16 hours on a charge.

Of course, they'll have to make the iPhone bigger.

GloryDayz
03-20-2015, 03:09 PM

I carry two spare batteries. It's just easier than finding a plug.

And us use the heck out of my phone (Galaxy G5), so on travel days I do have to swap at one point during the day.

Fish
03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Well.... That will send to me to an iPhone pretty quick.

Although, I'm pretty judicious with my battery power. I rarely have data on if I'm within wifi range. So even my old Note 2 would routinely get 16 hours on a charge.

Of course, they'll have to make the iPhone bigger.

Have you held an iPhone 6+? It's just a hair smaller than the Note 4...

http://i58.tinypic.com/2n8zpqf.jpg

HonestChieffan
03-20-2015, 03:26 PM
iPhones make people better people. All things Apple are good for society.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 03:33 PM
iPhones make people better people. All things Apple are good for society.

LMAO I really hope this is a joke.

DaveNull
03-20-2015, 03:37 PM
I carry two spare batteries. It's just easier than finding a plug.

And us use the heck out of my phone (Galaxy G5), so on travel days I do have to swap at one point during the day.

They sell those USB power bricks that can hold enough juice to recharge a phone 4-5x on a single charge of the brick.

WilliamTheIrish
03-20-2015, 03:39 PM

It's not a joke. dHCF still climbs the pole outside the house like Oliver Wendell Douglas in Green Acres.

"Hello Sara? Oh..I'm fine Sara. Yes, the moonshine is in the still. Say can you... Umm what's that? Yes the dung beetles are thick as thieves this season. Ca... Sara.. Can you connect me with Hank Kimball at county extension"?

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 03:41 PM
They sell those USB power bricks that can hold enough juice to recharge a phone 4-5x on a single charge of the brick.

I think you meant Power Bank :)

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2015, 03:41 PM
It's not a joke. dHCF still climbs the pole outside the house like Oliver Wendell Douglas in Green Acres.

"Hello Sara? Oh..I'm fine Sara. Yes, the moonshine is in the still. Say can you... Umm what's that? Yes the dung beetles are thick as thieves this season. Ca... Sara.. Can you connect me with Hank Kimball at county extension"?
:LOL:

Fish
03-20-2015, 03:42 PM

Grandpa recently discovered sarcasm....

DaFace
03-20-2015, 03:44 PM

Yep, those things are great.

GloryDayz
03-20-2015, 03:45 PM

I have a few of those too...

I know my son took the MiFi on a robotics trip, 16 hours down to NOLA, and was able to power the MiFi and his "MegaPhone" (Note-3 [that was HUGE in May of 2013!!!]) the whole way watching movies and gaming the whole time. And the others were pretty darn impressed as they had 4GLTE pretty-much the entire trip there and back.

Oh, and in the pits (where they work on the robots...), the MiFi and battery came in rather handy too.

Yeah, they're pretty awesome, but I still like the two spares (it was a two-battery deal!) is nice, not tethers and the cases don't have to change the shape of the phone and limit your options when it comes to cases.

It's all good...

GloryDayz
03-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Lol, I use this one to charge my Plantronics headset during the day. I like it because, if I must, I can get up and walk around. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/20/a267b1b3d5f240c80aea0f949be3fef4.jpg

DaveNull
03-20-2015, 03:49 PM
MiFi's are great...you can run a whole home network on one without too many issues. Extra handy if you don't have to pay the bill for unlimited data on them.

DaveNull
03-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Lol, I use this one to charge my Plantronics headset during the day. I like it because, if I must, I can get up and walk around. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/20/a267b1b3d5f240c80aea0f949be3fef4.jpg

All you need now is some compressed air to clean that keyboard!

I've got a headphone amplifier that uses cell phone batteries. I have two and swap them out so I get the appeal of a swappable battery...just don't need it since power outlets and iPhone chargers are ubiquitous in my office/house.

GloryDayz
03-20-2015, 04:25 PM
All you need now is some compressed air to clean that keyboard!

I've got a headphone amplifier that uses cell phone batteries. I have two and swap them out so I get the appeal of a swappable battery...just don't need it since power outlets and iPhone chargers are ubiquitous in my office/house.

If I clean the keyboard others might be inclined to use it and that wouldn't end wall. Plus, it's not quite spring. It's like a Navy coffee cup, only the worst sailors wash them!

Zebedee DuBois
03-20-2015, 04:43 PM
Clearly, the poll options should have been:
1.) I use iPhones and do not care what other people use.
2.) I use iPhones and people who don't are stupid.
3.) I use Android phones and do not care what other people use.
4.) I use Android phones and Apple users are ignorant sissy fanbois.