PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kelce "I wasn't at full strength last year"

jonzie04
03-20-2015, 04:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480247/article/chiefs-te-travis-kelce-i-wasnt-at-full-strength-in-2014

Travis Kelce became a revelation in 2014 and a cult figure for many Kansas City Chiefs fans.

The tight end -- referred to by admirers as "Zeus" for his Greek-god-like physique and ability -- snagged 67 passes for 862 yards and five touchdown catches, leading the Chiefs in all three categories.

Kelce told WKRK-FM in Cleveland on Thursday that he accomplished all that without being fully healthy.

"Everybody last year thought I wasn't getting the reps I was supposed to at the beginning of the year but in reality I only had about a month before training camp where I was allowed to start running," he said, via Arrowheadpride.com.

"If I went out there playing more snaps than I did, I mean who knows. I might not have been able to make it. My knee still wasn't full strength last year, which is why I'm excited about this year. Now I get the time to take a full offseason and get my legs ready and get my upper body and my explosiveness back that I know I really had. I didn't really feel that comfortable out there on the field but we made it work."

If Kelce can turn in a performance that makes him the darling of the Fantasy Football world and earns him the nickname Zeus without being at full
strength, well, hello 2015

thought his quotes were interesting. i know there was a lot of speculation here on why it took kelce so long to get his reps. alot of people thought health concerns, some thought blocking, playbook, reid being a dumbass etc.

i'm excited to see what he can do with a full offseason.

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 04:40 PM
So is this his excuse for all the fumbles?

Urc Burry
03-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Hard to hate this guy. One of my new favorites. I knew people were willy writing him off after missing his entire rookie season

KCrockaholic
03-20-2015, 04:41 PM

It's his excuse for only leading the team in receiving yards. Next year he'll lead the team in catches, yards, and touchdowns.

We haven't had a guy with his personality since Jared Allen. I love personalities in football. I wish we had more of them.

kcxiv
03-20-2015, 04:42 PM
So is this his excuse for all the fumbles? no, its his excuse for why he wasnt playing more snaps early in the season.

RealSNR
03-20-2015, 04:42 PM

Thinking about having sex with your mother.

Fucking seriously. Do you miss the days of Jake O'Connell and Leonard Pope as your starting TEs?

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 04:43 PM
It's his excuse for only leading the team in receiving yards. Next year he'll lead the team in catches, yards, and touchdowns.

We haven't had a guy with his personality since Jared Allen. I love personalities in football. I wish we had more of them.

If he could hold on the the ball through the tackles he can do whatever he wants

KCrockaholic
03-20-2015, 04:44 PM
If he could hold on the the ball through the tackles he can do whatever he wants

I'm not even going into the fumbles stuff. I mean Jamaal Charles has bad hands catching the ball, but I'm never going to sit here and complain about him when he does EVERYTHING else so well.

big_lebowski33
03-20-2015, 04:45 PM
His knee looked ok when he dusted the Bengals in that preseason game. "I just want to shout out to my knee" Glad he'll be 100 percent heading into the season.

Chieficus

I think te wise we got a lot spoiled with Tony. Yeah, Kelce had some fumbles and stupid moments, but he did awesome for essentially a first year te... Staying healthy, he's only going to get better.

Deberg_1990
Tony Gonzalez didnt even have as good as season as Kelces until his 4th year in. Its silly to criticize him at this juncture.

DenverChief

****ing seriously. Do you miss the days of Jake O'Connell and Leonard Pope as your starting TEs?

I miss the toughness and reliability of McGrath....Fumbling is my biggest pet peeve espeicially when you have multiple boneheaded fumbles in a season...

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 04:46 PM
I mean Jamaal Charles has bad hands catching the ball.

WUT?!?

:spock:

KCrockaholic
03-20-2015, 04:46 PM
WUT?!?

:spock:

Watch more Chiefs football.

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Watch more Chiefs football.

okay sparky - I don't recall in recent memory Charles "bad hands" resulting in a turnover - NEXT!

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 04:50 PM
BTW - it was the Arizona fumble that got under my skin the most - quit trying to showboat and hadn the ball to the damn ref

KCrockaholic
03-20-2015, 04:52 PM
okay sparky - I don't recall in recent memory Charles "bad hands" resulting in a turnover - NEXT!

I'm not saying they result in turnovers like a fumble does. But they can surely ruin a drive. If you don't think Charles has bad hands, well then you learned something new, because it's true.

RealSNR
03-20-2015, 04:52 PM

This was his first full season as a pro and he played tremendously.

And all you have to say is, "I miss McGrath and his ability to not fumble"?!

You're why the football gods have cursed this team. They give you exactly what you want-- a team full of ol' reliables who's not good enough to beat teams in the playoffs.

Then in the rare instance when they say, "Maybe that DenverChief guy isn't such a flaming retard anymore. Let's put some real talent on his Chiefs," you act like an impatient asshole.

eDave
03-20-2015, 04:54 PM
I'll live with the fumbles if his overall production increases. I suspect it will. Maclin in da house.

mdchiefsfan
03-20-2015, 04:55 PM
This was his first full season as a pro and he played tremendously.

And all you have to say is, "I miss McGrath and his ability to not fumble"?!

You're why the football gods have cursed this team. They give you exactly what you want-- a team full of ol' reliables who's not good enough to beat teams in the playoffs.

Then in the rare instance when they say, "Maybe that DenverChief guy isn't such a flaming retard anymore. Let's put some real talent on his Chiefs," you act like an impatient asshole.

ROFL

Deberg_1990
03-20-2015, 04:57 PM
I'll live with the fumbles if his overall production increases. I suspect it will. Maclin in da house.

67 catches for 867 yards isnt good enough???? Good grief.....

Baby Lee
03-20-2015, 04:58 PM
BTW - it was the Arizona fumble that got under my skin the most - quit trying to showboat and hadn the ball to the damn ref

The non-fumble?

RealSNR
03-20-2015, 04:58 PM
(Basically) a rookie TE puts up the numbers and exciting plays that Kelce does. Pretty awesome, right?

Then something comes out that he wasn't even playing at full strength last year. And you figure he's going to continue to improve so early in his career.

Seems promising and something to be really happy about if you're a fan of that team?

NOPE, HE FUMBLED A COUPLE TIMES.

It depresses me that this kind of stupidity isn't contained to Black Bob. It actually exists in other people.

That's sad. And it makes me angry.

Chieficus
03-20-2015, 04:59 PM

From the times I've watched that replay, I've wondered if the spin forward of the ball was the result of showboating or between the tumble, the tackle, and the ball going lose if he used the showboat to try to cover over the potential fumble. Not sure he's that smart to think that quick, but with everything else it looked awkward for his showboating, bit it was also an awkward play...

SAUTO
03-20-2015, 05:02 PM

He puts the ball on the ground quite often.

They had the same number of fumbles last year...

eDave
03-20-2015, 05:03 PM
He puts the ball on the ground quite often.

They had the same number of fumbles last year...

Was he a positive or a negative last year?

The Franchise
03-20-2015, 05:03 PM
I miss the toughness and reliability of McGrath....Fumbling is my biggest pet peeve espeicially when you have multiple boneheaded fumbles in a season...

This statement is beyond stupid.

SAUTO
03-20-2015, 05:04 PM

Who?

Baby Lee
03-20-2015, 05:04 PM

No SB, no value positive or negative. Just a jumbled mess with the rest of 31 other teams.

Speaking of positive or negative, did I mention my ability to process is quite binary?

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2015, 05:08 PM

LMAO

McGrath had 26 receptions and 302 yards and you "miss him" over Travis Kelce, who nearly tripled McGrath's output?

:shake:

The Franchise
03-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Toughness and reliability. Two things said about a guy who played 2 years in the NFL.

SAUTO
03-20-2015, 05:13 PM
Toughness and reliability. Two things said about a guy who played 2 years in the NFL.

And then just quit...

eDave
03-20-2015, 05:20 PM
No SB, no value positive or negative. Just a jumbled mess with the rest of 31 other teams.

Speaking of positive or negative, did I mention my ability to process is quite binary?

He's a good piece of the puzzle going forward, especially if what he says is true and he proves it.

WTF is a quite binary?

Mr. Laz
03-20-2015, 06:00 PM
never was worry about Kelce's athleticism or strength

It's the mental aspect of the game that is his question mark

same with Bray

That fact that he performed so well on a weak knee is impressive though

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-20-2015, 06:04 PM

I do kinda miss Mcgrath also.I guess it was just seeing a klutz looking fellow making plays. Really inspiring.

BossChief
03-20-2015, 06:13 PM
He's quickly becoming my favorite player.

I wouldn't be shocked if he and Maclin both top 1000 yards next year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Chiefs | Travis Kelce studying Gonzo

Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:09:39 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce has been studying former NFL TE Tony Gonzalez's game tape to creatively find ways to improve Kelce's game, focusing on the fundamentals in relation to instinctual play.

Fantasy Tip: Kelce recently reminded the public that he was not at 100% health in 2014 after tearing an anterior cruciate ligament in November of 2013. The addition of WR Jeremy Maclin could cut into his work, but Kelce is a downfield threat in an offense that features the tight end position. Expect respectable numbers that place him in the TE1 conversation, but his best value will be found on FantasyScore given his erratic nature in season-long formats

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs#ixzz3UyUTUeXx

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Kelce needs more titty milk

Baby Lee
03-20-2015, 06:26 PM
He's a good piece of the puzzle going forward, especially if what he says is true and he proves it.

WTF is a quite binary?

yes/no, good/bad, +/-, 1/0.

InChiefsHeaven
03-20-2015, 06:52 PM

It's all the legal pot in Colorado, isn't it? I mean, that's why you "miss" McGrath...the dope...right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Well quit yanking your 2" air-pecker so much, and your health and energy will improve, n00b.

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2015, 06:58 PM

:facepalm:

aturnis
03-20-2015, 07:41 PM

Even douchebag idiots?

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 08:11 PM
The non-fumble?

Yes, but that's kinda my point.

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 08:13 PM
It's all the legal pot in Colorado, isn't it? I mean, that's why you "miss" McGrath...the dope...right?

I me may the blue collar, humble go to work TE. The flashy was is great until it causes you to turn thto ball over. Then it's annoying.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Bring back Ted Popson!

Hoover
03-20-2015, 08:18 PM
eventually we will have to tag his ass.

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2015, 08:20 PM
eventually we will have to tag his ass.

I doubt it

Psyko Tek
03-20-2015, 08:25 PM

I gopt no problem with him
as long as he quits with the fumbles
than I shall be saying Tony WHO?

Psyko Tek
03-20-2015, 08:27 PM

I just miss the beard, can we give it to somebody else, maybe not as popular?
alex smith?

RealSNR
03-20-2015, 08:27 PM
I me may the blue collar, humble go to work TE. The flashy was is great until it causes you to turn thto ball over. Then it's annoying.

Let's shit on our best players because they fumbled it 2 or 3 times in their first years of regular season play even though they were the only dynamic and thrilling receiving threat on the team last year!

Do health professionals have a name for this strain of dumbfuckery that you and Black Bob have?

Brock
03-20-2015, 08:35 PM

A true chiefs fan

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Let's shit on our best players because they fumbled it 2 or 3 times in their first years of regular season play even though they were the only dynamic and thrilling receiving threat on the team last year!

Do health professionals have a name for this strain of dumb****ery that you and Black Bob have?

No but they do for Internet tough guys 😑

RealSNR
03-20-2015, 09:46 PM
No but they do for Internet tough guys 😑

Internet tough guys? They sound like the ideal TE!

DenverChief
03-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Internet tough guys? They sound like the ideal TE!

:ZZZ::ZZZ:

lewdog
03-20-2015, 10:09 PM
I love players that show some fucking emotion. He's got plenty of that plus tons of talent. He'll be a certified BA this year.

kcxiv
03-20-2015, 11:05 PM

well you sure in the fuck take home the stupid post of the 2015 year so far! I doubt anyone will top this though.

kcxiv
03-20-2015, 11:05 PM

Do health professionals have a name for this strain of dumb****ery that you and Black Bob have?

lol He said McGrath! lol Sometimes when you think you seen it all on the internet, someone shocks you! lol

Imon Yourside
03-20-2015, 11:08 PM
The non-fumble?

egggfucking zactly!

KCrockaholic
03-20-2015, 11:09 PM
This thread is only continuing because of DenverChiefs ignorant remarks.

I'm sorry dude, but you're flat out off base on this crap.

Plus you didn't know Jamaal had shitty hands catching the ball.

Learn to love Travis Kelce and you'll be a happier man.

RealSNR
03-20-2015, 11:17 PM
This thread is only continuing because of DenverChiefs ignorant remarks.

I'm sorry dude, but you're flat out off base on this crap.

Plus you didn't know Jamaal had shitty hands catching the ball.

Learn to love Travis Kelce and you'll be a happier man.

We all say stupid shit on here from time to time.

The McGrath comment is clearly DenverChief's shining moment.

MotherfuckerJones
03-20-2015, 11:24 PM

****ing seriously. Do you miss the days of Jake O'Connell and Leonard Pope as your starting TEs?

OMFG you went there with Pope. Leonard fucking Pope. :facepalm: only good play he made was during the Packers game.

KCrockaholic
03-20-2015, 11:25 PM
OMFG you went there with Pope. Leonard ****ing Pope. :facepalm: only good play he made was during the Packers game.

Kyle Orton!

MotherfuckerJones
03-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Travis Kelce will spark this teams popularity,

-King-
03-20-2015, 11:33 PM
I wouldn't say Jamaal has shitty hands. He just doesn't have WR hands. When you target a RB 100 times, he's going to drop more balls than a WR thats targeted 100 times.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
03-20-2015, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't say Jamaal has shitty hands. He just doesn't have WR hands. When you target a RB 100 times, he's going to drop more balls than a WR thats targeted 100 times.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shitty hands is strong, I know. He has poor hands considering he drops a lot of passes, and his passes are also typically uncontested, open passes that he drops.

He doesn't have good hands. But it's overlooked because he makes things happen in every other area.

kcxiv
03-20-2015, 11:43 PM
nevermind, im out this shit lol

eDave
03-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Dudes going to have a great year. Maclin.

Opposing teams will have to make sure Maclin is covered. That opens up a lot of room for Kelce. Smith is smart enough to know when to go to who. We'll see TD's from both of them.

/homer

DaneMcCloud
03-21-2015, 12:01 AM
I me may the blue collar, humble go to work TE.

Sorry, Son, were but we're arresting you on suspicion of a DUI.

BlackOp
03-21-2015, 12:21 AM
I really think a complimentary TE to Kelce...would have more impact (in this system) than a 1st round WR. I'm leaning towards Williams at 18...given how Smith rolls. Get two receiving threats at TE..and Maclin/Charles/DAT could be nasty. Who do you cover...

Three7s
03-21-2015, 08:29 AM
I really think a complimentary TE to Kelce...would have more impact (in this system) than a 1st round WR. I'm leaning towards Williams at 18...given how Smith rolls. Get two receiving threats at TE..and Maclin/Charles/DAT could be nasty. Who do you cover...
I dunno, I think a blocking TE would be pretty beneficial. That way we can use Kelce on more passing routes and not have to put him in as a blocker if our O-line is sucking.

J Diddy
03-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Hopefully, the offseason is giving him time to work on not throwing the ball away before he's down. That shit was irritating.

Hoover
03-21-2015, 08:36 AM
We can't take a TE in the first round. We need to go CB or RT, I prefer CB.

Imon Yourside
03-21-2015, 08:49 AM
I dunno, I think a blocking TE would be pretty beneficial. That way we can use Kelce on more passing routes and not have to put him in as a blocker if our O-line is sucking.

Who was that huge guy we had under Vermeil..can't remember his name...perhaps he isn't busy these days. Jason Dunn?

Dayze
03-21-2015, 09:11 AM
I saw Jason Dunn in person once. He was the largest human being I've ever seen. I think he was like 6'7" and BIG

NJChiefsFan
03-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Fumbles can be fixed. To want that to improve is fine but to see kelce as anything other than massive potential and a gift is crazy. Give me his fumbles and all his talent over all those trash te.

We need some on field attitude. People didn't want Houston because of his off field attitude. Fumbles and attitude can be fixed. People like mcgrath can't be fixed. They are roll players on their best day.

SAUTO
03-21-2015, 09:34 AM

Do health professionals have a name for this strain of dumbfuckery that you and Black Bob have?

charles and Kelce both had 4 fumbles last year. The idiot doesn't get it.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-21-2015, 09:35 AM
I find it interesting that Kelce suffered the same injury that Clowney did to their knees (microfracture surgery), yet a lot of people have presumed Clowney may very well never be the same again.

Of course they play two different positions, but as the #1 rated blocking TE last year, I'm not sure anyone can say Kelce was at a loss for power. Still think we need to and will draft another TE to tag with him and Harris, as TE's always seem to be hurt.

SAUTO
03-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I have no idea why we are talking about Charles' drops. I thought it was about fumbling.

Deberg_1990
03-21-2015, 10:32 AM
Bring back Ted Popson!

KC Fan Luvs him so no talent "lunch-pail"

As long as he white

J Diddy
03-21-2015, 10:38 AM
charles and Kelce both had 4 fumbles last year. The idiot doesn't get it.

I can think of 2 of Kelce's fumbles where he just presumed himself down and flung the ball.

That's irritating and uncalled for.

RealSNR
03-21-2015, 11:32 AM
I can think of 2 of Kelce's fumbles where he just presumed himself down and flung the ball.

That's irritating and uncalled for.

So he's a great player, right? Or do you just want to stop by a thread like this to bitch about something that is easily correctable?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-21-2015, 12:09 PM
well you sure in the fuck take home the stupid post of the 2015 year so far! I doubt anyone will top this though.

Have you ever read a Ree Roy, Prison Bitch, or Wicked post?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-21-2015, 12:10 PM
He didn't even fumble against Zona

Easy 6
03-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Kelce is ok and all, decent player... but where is the stud tight end we so desperately need?

We should prolly go tight end #1 in this draft...

KCrockaholic
03-21-2015, 05:57 PM
I have no idea why we are talking about Charles' drops. I thought it was about fumbling.

Because I was using it as an example earlier.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2015, 06:02 PM
I find it interesting that Kelce suffered the same injury that Clowney did to their knees (microfracture surgery), yet a lot of people have presumed Clowney may very well never be the same again.

Of course they play two different positions, but as the #1 rated blocking TE last year, I'm not sure anyone can say Kelce was at a loss for power. Still think we need to and will draft another TE to tag with him and Harris, as TE's always seem to be hurt.

Microfracture is a complete crapshoot, bruh.

Chris Webber and Amare Stoudemire were never the same after it. It and Achilles ruptures are the two scariest common lower body injuries an athlete can suffer

J Diddy
03-21-2015, 06:12 PM
So he's a great player, right? Or do you just want to stop by a thread like this to bitch about something that is easily correctable?

I just wanted to stop by this thread and throw my 2 cents in.

He's a good player when he doesn't do dumb shit. He's a dumb shit player when he does.

BTW, who the fuck calls him Zeus?

OldSchool
03-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Like many of us speculated, the team was keeping Kelce on a snap count due to the micro-fracture surgery. Better safe than sorry. If he matches his production from last year and adds a few more TDs, that'll be a successful individual season from him. I expect him to hit 70+ catches and 1k yards though, he's the best TE that Reid has ever had to work with in his offense, you can bet that he's drawing up more plays specifically for Kelce right now.

SAUTO
03-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Because I was using it as an example earlier.

You alone lol

Easy 6
03-21-2015, 07:56 PM
KC Fan Luvs him so no talent "lunch-pail"

As long as he white

Oh steve, oh my... you just guaranteed a long list of bullshit threads.

Lunch pail = white

Worthless bastard = black

And no, we're not allowed to mix and match or be realistic about these labels... just label them bitches.

GloryDayz
03-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Let's hope he's 100% next year.