PDA

View Full Version : News Broke apart in mid-air Germanwings

digger
03-24-2015, 04:08 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/mar/24/germanwings-airbus-a320-crashes-in-french-alps-live-updates

BucEyedPea
03-24-2015, 04:13 PM
16 schoolchildren, two babies and two opera singers were onboard. They have the blackbox but no there was no mayday call.

notorious
03-24-2015, 04:14 PM
16 schoolchildren, two babies and two opera singers were onboard. They have the blackbox but no there was no mayday call.

The fat lady has sung.

Going to hell, I am.

scho63
03-24-2015, 04:15 PM
The fat lady has sung.

TWICE! :D

LoneWolf
03-24-2015, 05:21 PM

Why is it necessary to mention that there were two opera singers on board? I'm sure there were people of many different professions on the plane.

Ming the Merciless
03-24-2015, 05:27 PM
i doubt it broke apart in midair......

but i dunno

4000 foot decent per minute over like 8 minutes

unfortunately it was probably a slow nightmare rather than a break apart

SPchief
03-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Hopefully Frankie wasn't on board.

Eleazar
03-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Scary!

Prison Bitch
03-24-2015, 06:09 PM
IF they're so indestructible, why don't we just fly in black boxes? Has anyone ever stopped to ask that?

BucEyedPea
03-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Why is it necessary to mention that there were two opera singers on board? I'm sure there were people of many different professions on the plane.

It was in the link douchebag. You should ask who wrote it—not me.
Prolly cause they may have been celebrities there? I dunno. I thought it was interesting including young children.

BullJunkandIron
03-24-2015, 06:15 PM
TWICE! :D

Duet

MIAdragon
03-24-2015, 06:24 PM

but i dunno

The wreckage is in a tight location. It lawn darted in.

LoneWolf
03-24-2015, 06:48 PM
It was in the link douchebag. You should ask who wrote it—not me.
Prolly cause they may have been celebrities there? I dunno. I thought it was interesting including young children.

I asked a fairly simple question you dumb cunt. I thought maybe you were a big fan of opera and these singers were famous.

notorious
03-24-2015, 07:18 PM
I asked a fairly simple question you dumb ****. I thought maybe you were a big fan of opera and these singers were famous.

If BEP wouldn't have mentioned it, a horrifically tasteless joke would have gone to waste.

LoneWolf
03-24-2015, 07:22 PM
If BEP wouldn't have mentioned it, a horrifically tasteless joke would have gone to waste.

One of the opera singers probably stood up and pierced the fuselage with one of the horns on their helmet. This caused a sudden loss of cabin pressure.

http://blog.nowekompetencje.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/stres-przed-prezentacja2.jpg

notorious
03-24-2015, 07:23 PM
One of the opera singers probably stood up and pierced the fuselage with one of the horns on their helmet. This caused a sudden loss of cabin pressure.

http://blog.nowekompetencje.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/stres-przed-prezentacja2.jpg

I am thinking she caused a devastating shift on the CG.

Jimmya
03-24-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm not into flying unless I have to.

Rausch
03-24-2015, 08:45 PM

but i dunno

Must be terrorism.

German engineering just doesn't fail like that...

Aries Walker
03-24-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm not into flying unless I have to.

It's safer than driving. They just make far bigger news when they crash.

Dave Lane
03-24-2015, 08:47 PM

but i dunno

4000 ft per minute is virtually a nose dive.

Rausch
03-24-2015, 08:57 PM
It's safer than driving. They just make far bigger news when they crash.

More people survive car crashes than don't...

notorious
03-24-2015, 08:57 PM

For 8 minutes.

JFC, I hope they had pressurization failure and everyone was asleep because that would be terrifying.

GloucesterChief
03-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Must be terrorism.

German engineering just doesn't fail like that...

It was an Airbus so British/French engineering.

Demonpenz
03-24-2015, 09:26 PM
I don't fly much but I always wondered why they don't have parachutes.

GloryDayz
03-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Sad..............

Rausch
03-24-2015, 09:32 PM
It was an Airbus so British/French engineering.

Nevermind...

Rausch
03-24-2015, 09:33 PM
I don't fly much but I always wondered why they don't have parachutes.

Human nature...

Brock
03-24-2015, 10:15 PM
IF they're so indestructible, why don't we just fly in black boxes? Has anyone ever stopped to ask that?

gold, jerry....gold :rolleyes:

Eleazar
03-24-2015, 10:38 PM

I suppose that's like asking why we don't all drive tanks.

Aries Walker
03-24-2015, 10:42 PM
More people survive car crashes than don't...
475 people died in airplane crashes all year in 2012, in the entire world. Statistically, you can fly in an airplane every day for 123,000 years before you crash and burn. (Source (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/business/2012-was-the-safest-year-for-airlines-globally-since-1945.html?_r=0))

If only cars had that kind of safety record.

Aries Walker
03-24-2015, 10:42 PM
Gallagher asked that question in his standup routine back in the 80s, and it still hasn't been answered. Outrage.

Rausch
03-24-2015, 11:50 PM
475 people died in airplane crashes all year in 2012, in the entire world. Statistically, you can fly in an airplane every day for 123,000 years before you crash and burn.

The average person has 3.5 car accidents during a lifetime.

Their survival rate is 85%.

There are only 2 civilian aircraft "crashes" a month but the mortality rate is above 90%.

People forget that in an automobile you have 100% control of the situation. In an aircraft you have none...

Ming the Merciless
03-24-2015, 11:55 PM

Nah

Why Not?
03-25-2015, 12:18 AM
The average person has 3.5 car accidents during a lifetime.

Their survival rate is 85%.

There are only 2 civilian aircraft "crashes" a month but the mortality rate is above 90%.

People forget that in an automobile you have 100% control of the situation. In an aircraft you have none...

Most of those civilian crashes are small, privately owned and flown planes. The majority of the rest occur in foreign countries. How many commercial plane crashes occur per month in the USA?

Flying in a commercial airplane from a major airline based in the USA is literally safer than most other things you would do pre and post flight the day of your trip.

I can only imagine the horror of knowing you are in a plane about to crash. I can't imagine much worse. But the chances of that occurring to any of us or anyone we know(no offense if you happen to have lost some one this way, just making a point)is so minute, there would be almost no way to get a tangible percentage.

Chiefspants
03-25-2015, 12:24 AM

You're not trolling here, right?

Rausch
03-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Most of those civilian crashes are small, privately owned and flown planes. The majority of the rest occur in foreign countries. How many commercial plane crashes occur per month in the USA?

Flying in a commercial airplane from a major airline based in the USA is literally safer than most other things you would do pre and post flight the day of your trip.

I can only imagine the horror of knowing you are in a plane about to crash. I can't imagine much worse. But the chances of that occurring to any of us or anyone we know(no offense if you happen to have lost some one this way, just making a point)is so minute, there would be almost no way to get a tangible percentage.

For me this argument is about the lack of control.

If I (or someone on my roadway) makes a mistake I can correct it.

On a plane if something goes horribly bad it's over. I'm dead.

Hell, more people die every year sitting on recliners than will ever die in plane crashes. That doesn't make recliners unsafe...

Rausch
03-25-2015, 12:29 AM
You're not trolling here, right?

No.

What happens ahead of you is out of your control.

You have the ability to see that, respond, and make a decision.

Why Not?
03-25-2015, 12:31 AM

Hell, more people die every year sitting on recliners than will ever die in plane crashes. That doesn't make recliners unsafe...

Captain Sullinger says hello

Rausch
03-25-2015, 12:34 AM
Captain Sullinger says hello

I'm not getting the reference....

Why Not?
03-25-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm not getting the reference....

My bad. It's Captain Sullenberger. The dude who landed his plane in the Hudson River and delivered all passengers to safety. You had made reference to if something bad happens on a plane, your dead. I'm saying things go wrong sometimes and the pilots know their shit.

I totally get where your coming from with the lack of control piece. It is a little weird to think that your life is in the hands of some total stranger. I used to be terrified to fly but got over it in part because I realizied that in almost all situations in life, there's an element I can't control. If I'm driving through a green light, and some dumbass drives through the red at 65mph, I'm probably fucked. So I just try to focus on what I can control in any situation. On a flight that means sit back, eat some peanuts, watch a show and hope the dude flying isn't a methed out crazy dude.

Rausch
03-25-2015, 12:54 AM
My bad. It's Captain Sullenberger. The dude who landed his plane in the Hudson River and delivered all passengers to safety. You had made reference to if something bad happens on a plane, your dead. I'm saying things go wrong sometimes and the pilots know their shit.

I totally get where your coming from with the lack of control piece. It is a little weird to think that your life is in the hands of some total stranger. I used to be terrified to fly but got over it in part because I realizied that in almost all situations in life, there's an element I can't control. If I'm driving through a green light, and some dumbass drives through the red at 65mph, I'm probably ****ed. So I just try to focus on what I can control in any situation. On a flight that means sit back, eat some peanuts, watch a show and hope the dude flying isn't a methed out crazy dude.

I have ADD and OCD.

You wouldn't know it by talking to me on here but you can see it if you know what to look for.

I imbibe libations quite a bit but my waking days are methodically, and neurotically, spent decreasing risk to the point it's obsessive.

Why Not?
03-25-2015, 01:07 AM
I have ADD and OCD.

You wouldn't know it by talking to me on here but you can see it if you know what to look for.

I imbibe libations quite a bit but my waking days are methodically, and neurotically, spent decreasing risk to the point it's obsessive.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are seeking some proper solutions.

Rausch
03-25-2015, 01:11 AM
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are seeking some proper solutions.

I travel like Madden use to and it helps...

Why Not?
03-25-2015, 01:18 AM
I travel like Madden use to and it helps...
That's good. I think a big ol' bus or an RV might be the safest of the bunch

Rausch
03-25-2015, 02:43 AM
That's good. I think a big ol' bus or an RV might be the safest of the bunch

NEVER travel by bus.

I definitely can't...

mdchiefsfan
03-25-2015, 04:41 AM
I read the thread title and got excited, thinking Daru had returned. :sulk:

loochy
03-25-2015, 07:34 AM
The fat lady has sung.

Going to hell, I am.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AHIQ84S-MKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sully
03-25-2015, 07:44 AM
475 people died in airplane crashes all year in 2012, in the entire world. Statistically, you can fly in an airplane every day for 123,000 years before you crash and burn. (Source (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/business/2012-was-the-safest-year-for-airlines-globally-since-1945.html?_r=0))

If only cars had that kind of safety record.

I wish this was the shit my brain switched to during every takeoff and landing.

Unfortunately, all I can think of is crashing with two opera singers.

Sully
03-25-2015, 07:45 AM

I agree.

Lack of control, as well as a severe lack of even being able to see what's going on.

Also, in a car crash, it just happens. In a lot of plane crashes, there's warning and time, which is even more terrifying.

gblowfish
03-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Well, I'm sure the headlong plunge to certain death was awful, but I bet the opera singers screams of terror were octaves and several decibels above the rest of the passengers.

Rain Man
03-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Uh-oh. One of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit when the plane crashed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/europe/germanwings-crash-main/index.html

• 7:51 p.m. ET: One of the pilots on board Germanwings Flight 9525 was locked out of the cockpit when the plane crashed Tuesday, a senior military official told The New York Times, citing evidence from the cockpit voice recorder.

However, I'm kind of liking the theory that they had a pressurization problem and were descending to get down to breathable air, forgetting that there are alps out there. Maybe the second pilot ran into trouble while the pilot was at the latrine and couldn't find time to get him back in.

booger
03-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Uh-oh. One of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit when the plane crashed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/europe/germanwings-crash-main/index.html

• 7:51 p.m. ET: One of the pilots on board Germanwings Flight 9525 was locked out of the cockpit when the plane crashed Tuesday, a senior military official told The New York Times, citing evidence from the cockpit voice recorder.

However, I'm kind of liking the theory that they had a pressurization problem and were descending to get down to breathable air, forgetting that there are alps out there. Maybe the second pilot ran into trouble while the pilot was at the latrine and couldn't find time to get him back in.

On tv they quoted military official saying the pilot locked out spent that 8-10 minutes trying to beat the door down. Voice recording gonna play a big roll trying to figure it all out

Rain Man
03-25-2015, 06:22 PM
On tv they quoted military official saying the pilot locked out spent that 8-10 minutes trying to beat the door down. Voice recording gonna play a big roll trying to figure it all out

Well, this is going to be interesting. At least we'll likely have an answer. But that's weird if it was going on that long. It seems like the theories would be...

1. Terrorist pilot.

2. Copilot had a heart attack or something while the pilot was out.

3. Copilot got busy with a disaster and couldn't take time to get the door open.

Any other theories? Given what you said, I almost wonder if it was #2.

BWillie
03-25-2015, 06:25 PM

I would venture to say that flying on a commercial airplane is safer than sitting at a park in downtown Kansas City Missouri for a similar amount of time

sd4chiefs
03-25-2015, 06:29 PM

Co-Pilot committed suicide. :hmmm:

booger
03-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Well, this is going to be interesting. At least we'll likely have an answer. But that's weird if it was going on that long. It seems like the theories would be...

1. Terrorist pilot.

3. Copilot got busy with a disaster and couldn't take time to get the door open.

Would be my mostly likely guess too. Seems like experts say protocol is for stewardess to come in, 2 in the cockpit rule at all times. But that may be something they don't follow as close over seas. I'd say though yeah probably heart attack or something. Who knows but they're gonna be debating all those things for days if not weeks

Rain Man
03-25-2015, 06:30 PM

Ah. Good theory.

booger
03-25-2015, 06:32 PM
That's total hell on earth what all those people went through in that last 8-10 minutes.

sd4chiefs
03-25-2015, 06:33 PM
I wish this was the shit my brain switched to during every takeoff and landing.

Unfortunately, all I can think of is crashing with two opera singers.

For some reason the sound of the plane engine's makes me sleepy. Sometimes I fall asleep before the plane takes off.

booger
03-25-2015, 06:37 PM
This is the discount airlines they pay pilots and attendants less than bigger companies. Hopefully they didn't hire someone with mental issues cause no one else would. Gonna go over and over their background and medical info for sure

GloryDayz
That's total hell on earth what all those people went through in that last 8-10 minutes.

Like living through the Obama presidency x 394,200....

MIAdragon

How long until systems are in place to over ride pilots and fly the planes from the ground in these instances. My god I hope this is a mechanical issue and not a pilot with a death wish.

GloryDayz
03-25-2015, 06:43 PM
How long until systems are in place to over ride pilots and fly the planes from the ground in these instances. My god I hope this is a mechanical issue and not a pilot with a death wish.

Soon....

http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/How-programming-works.gif

booger
03-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Like living through the Obama presidency x 394,200....

lol

I think most were hoping they were asleep... At least the nose dive and impact took them instantly. all that Comotion and panic I can't imagine. Nightmare

booger
03-25-2015, 06:51 PM
I think earlier today they updated and said 2-3 Americans were on board after saying none originally

Donger
03-25-2015, 07:08 PM
I would imagine that the plane was on autopilot, so if the pilot that was still in the cockpit had a medical condition, it wouldn't have descended. From the Airbus pilots I've asked, they turn that bugger on a few seconds after wheels up and disengage it a few minutes before wheels down. They basically are system managers and watch for traffic.

Jimmya
03-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Thing about a plane crash is that it's 99.9% death rate.

eDave
03-25-2015, 09:38 PM

1. Terrorist pilot.

There is an emergency code to come in from the outside, but it is also possible to override that emergency function for a pre set time (5 to 20 min)

Sauce: A320 Manual (p.33)

http://nicmosis.as.arizona.edu:8000/ECLIPSE_WEB/TSE2015/A320_DOCUMENTS/A320_Operating_Manual_PDF_N_FCOM_RJA_TF_N_EU__20130329_DSC_25.pdf

Why Not?
03-25-2015, 09:53 PM
I would venture to say that flying on a commercial airplane is safer than sitting at a park in downtown Kansas City Missouri for a similar amount of time

Agreed.

Eleazar
03-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Pilot had the three egg omelette with extra broccoli, checks out to go to the bathroom, liquid faecal matter odor emergency, everyone passes out, plane crashes.

eDave
03-26-2015, 12:20 AM
Pilot had the three egg omelette with extra broccoli, checks out to go to the bathroom, liquid faecal matter odor emergency, everyone passes out, plane crashes.

As likely as the other pilot having a heart attack, or whatever.

Al Bundy
03-26-2015, 06:02 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appeared to want to `destroy the plane&#39; .</p>&mdash; The Associated Press (@AP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AP/status/581061455941902336">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Co-pilot of Germanwings flight that crashed in Alps took sole control of plane and started descent, officials say. <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking">@BBCBreaking</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fox35?src=hash">#Fox35</a></p>&mdash; LuAnne Sorrell (@luannesorrell) <a href="https://twitter.com/luannesorrell/status/581060553986220033">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash">#BREAKING</a>: Prosecutor: Co-pilot, alone at the controls of Germanwings flight, was conscious until impact. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fox35?src=hash">#Fox35</a></p>&mdash; LuAnne Sorrell (@luannesorrell) <a href="https://twitter.com/luannesorrell/status/581060750032146432">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

Stinger
03-26-2015, 06:28 AM
8:06 a.m.: The name of the co-pilot was Andreas Lubitz, Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said.

• 7:55 a.m.: The co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings flight "accelerated the descent" of the plane when he was alone in the cockpit, Robin said Thursday. That can only be done deliberately, he said.

• 7:55 a.m: The co-pilot was alive until impact, Robin said, citing the sound of steady breathing in the cockpit.

• 7:55 a.m: There was a "deliberate attempt to destroy the aircraft," Robin said.

Full story at link.....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/index.html

AndChiefs
03-26-2015, 06:44 AM
Sad

Sure-Oz
03-26-2015, 06:46 AM
Awful story....cowardly act

dirk digler
03-26-2015, 07:00 AM
This is probably what happened to Flight 370 as well. All airlines or the FFA probably need to take another look at access to the cockpit.

Amnorix
03-26-2015, 07:14 AM
I have ADD and OCD.

My wife has some OCD ness going on too so I understand that need to feel control, but honestly, it is as safe, or safer, for you to get on board a passenger jet and fly somewhere, than it is for you to get in your car and drive somewhere. Just because you have the wheel in your car, and have done that more times and survived, doesn't mean your ODDS of surviving it the next time are better than your odds of surviving that flight.

Tell me how your control would help in this situation:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FB5VRauSrag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amnorix
03-26-2015, 07:18 AM
I heard this morning that American aviation rules prohibit one person being alone in the cockpit. As a result, if there are two pilots and one goes to the restroom or whatever, a flight attendant goes into the cockpit.

The radio program I was listening to was uncertain whether this was the procedure in Europe. If it was followed, we may have had a different result (though in theory the co-pilot could lock the door then take out the flight attendant, if physically able, leading to the same result).

ct
03-26-2015, 07:28 AM
Soon....

http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/How-programming-works.gif

if we are already remotely flying unpiloted drones over half the world anyway, this should be a possibility. Not completely, but as fail safe backup plan.

Frosty
03-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Just because you have the wheel in your car, and have done that more times and survived, doesn't mean your ODDS of surviving it the next time are better than your odds of surviving that flight.

We've had two fatal crashes on the two lane highway I drive to work on over the last couple of years. In both cases, a car suddenly swerved into the oncoming lane and hit head on. In the first case, they think the old guy that caused the accident had a heart attack and in the second, they think the driver dropped something and swerved when he bent to pick it up. In both cases, it happened so fast that there wasn't time to even hit the brakes, let alone dive to the side to get out of the way. The weird thing about the second one was that it happened at 5 am when there is very little traffic. Just shitty luck that it happened when it did.

A lot of accidents are avoidable but this idea of complete control while driving is an illusion.

Eleazar
03-26-2015, 08:10 AM
The smell must have been REALLY bad.

alnorth
03-26-2015, 08:23 AM
The radio program I was listening to was uncertain whether this was the procedure in Europe.

The media is reporting that Europe has no such procedure. When one of the pilots leaves, the other is allowed to be alone.

Why Not?
03-26-2015, 08:27 AM
but this idea of complete control while driving is an illusion.

This. I understand people's fear and I think it's human nature to think about how horrible it would be to die in a plane crash, but it would be pretty horrible to keel over of a heart attack, drown, have an anuerysm, get eaten by a fucking fish(shark), etc, etc. Unless your gonna go peacefully in the night, it's all gonna suck. Might as well walk around afraid of everything if your gonna be afraid of anything in that regard.

Frosty
03-26-2015, 08:33 AM
This. I understand people's fear and I think it's human nature to think about how horrible it would be to die in a plane crash, but it would be pretty horrible to keel over of a heart attack, drown, have an anuerysm, get eaten by a ****ing fish(shark), etc, etc. Unless your gonna go peacefully in the night, it's all gonna suck. Might as well walk around afraid of everything if your gonna be afraid of anything in that regard.

My in-laws go to Florida at least once a year to visit my wife's aunt. My m-i-l is terrified to fly so they drive - from Oregon. Since they are retired, they take their time, visit sights along the way, etc. However, it definitely isn't safer than driving. Even throwing out the accident thing, they could be carjacked in a city, mugged in their cheap motel, etc. It definitely isn't safer than flying there.

penguinz
03-26-2015, 08:36 AM
My in-laws go to Florida at least once a year to visit my wife's aunt. My m-i-l is terrified to fly so they drive - from Oregon. Since they are retired, they take their time, visit sights along the way, etc. However, it definitely isn't safer than driving. Even throwing out the accident thing, they could be carjacked in a city, mugged in their cheap motel, etc. It definitely isn't safer than flying there.Tell them to stay in nice motels. ;)

Pennywise
03-26-2015, 08:37 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FB5VRauSrag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yikes!

Frosty
03-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Tell them to stay in nice motels. ;)

I do but my mil is a skinflint, so it's Motel 6 and Super 8's the whole way. With coupons.

DaFace
03-26-2015, 08:45 AM

That's actually completely untrue - we just never hear about any but the most deadly crashes. From 1983 to 2000, the NTSB estimated the accident survival rate at 95.7%.

penguinz
03-26-2015, 08:48 AM
I do but my mil is a skinflint, so it's Motel 6 and Super 8's the whole way. With coupons.Those are nice motels compared to some of the places I have stayed on long road trips!

But I do agree with your premise. There is a greater chance of dying driving across the country over several days than there is to fly in a few hours.

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2015, 09:00 AM

Thanks Nancy Grace.

Rain Man
03-26-2015, 09:27 AM
That's actually completely untrue - we just never hear about any but the most deadly crashes. From 1983 to 2000, the NTSB estimated the accident survival rate at 95.7%.

Whoa. I wouldn't have guessed that at all. I guess it's a hard thing to put in a marketing message, though.

Rain Man
03-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Man, this kind of thing really ticks me off. If you want to off yourself, do it. But why murder a whole bunch of innocent people who had nothing to do with your problems? If it turns out that the co-pilot really did this, he should be viewed as a mass murderer on par with the Gacys and Bundys of the world.

notorious
03-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Yep, the passengers had a horrific death.

I can't imagine the Captain's state of mind trying to get to the cockpit while being flung around and weightless at times. JFC

Donger
03-26-2015, 10:11 AM
I heard this morning that American aviation rules prohibit one person being alone in the cockpit. As a result, if there are two pilots and one goes to the restroom or whatever, a flight attendant goes into the cockpit.

The radio program I was listening to was uncertain whether this was the procedure in Europe. If it was followed, we may have had a different result (though in theory the co-pilot could lock the door then take out the flight attendant, if physically able, leading to the same result).

That may be a rule but I've seen one pilot go into the head and have never seen a flight attendant go into the cockpit. I've seen them block the passageway with the food cart, though.

notorious
03-26-2015, 10:12 AM
That may be a rule but I've seen one pilot go into the head and have never seen a flight attendant go into the cockpit. I've seen them block the passageway with the food cart, though.

Human nature.

People will bend/break the rules when they get too comfortable with each other.

Donger
03-26-2015, 10:15 AM
So, the co-pilot only had 600 hours?

ChiTown
03-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Yikes!

Moral of the story:

Don't drive in China (I assume that was China). Every time I go there, I have a near death experiences in a car. It's completely fucked up

notorious
03-26-2015, 10:18 AM
So, the co-pilot only had 600 hours?

ATP takes a mininum of 1500 hours in the U.S. I can't imagine that it would be much different over there.

Donger
03-26-2015, 10:30 AM
(CNN)Details are slowly emerging Thursday about a 28-year-old German national who officials believe purposely crashed Germanwings Flight 9525.

Andreas Lubitz was alone at the controls of the Airbus A320, officials said -- and died along with all 144 passengers and five fellow crew members -- when it plunged into the French Alps Tuesday.

It seems that Lubitz "wanted to destroy the aircraft," Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said, but it's unclear why.

Information gleaned from the aircraft's mangled cockpit voice recorder revealed that the captain, who has not been identified, left the cockpit, probably to use the restroom, the prosecutor said.

Lufthansa CEO 'speechless'

When the captain returned, he couldn't get back inside. He banged on the door but Lubitz did not open the door, Robin said.

The co-pilot "manipulated the buttons of the flight monitoring system to activate the descent of the aircraft," Robin said. "The action can only be voluntary."

That Lubitz could have voluntarily crashed a plane was dumbfounding to fellow pilots who knew him.

'A very nice young man'

Pilot Peter Ruecker is one of those pilots.

Ruecker, a longtime member of the flight club in Montabaur, where Lubitz flew, told Reuters that "Andreas was a very nice young man who got his training here and was a member of the club.

"He was a lot of fun, even though he was perhaps sometimes a bit quiet. He was just another boy like so many others here. ... I think he had a lot of fun here," Reuters quoted him as saying.

Hearing about the likelihood that Lubitz intentionally crashed the Germanwings flight, Ruecker said, "I'm just speechless. I cannot give you any explanation for that. Knowing Andreas, this is just inconceivable for me."

Another pilot, Klaus Radke, told Reuters that he interacted with Lubitz last fall when Lubitz performed flights to maintain his license.

"I got to know him, or I should say reacquainted with him, as a very nice and a lot of fun, and a polite young man," Radke said.

He said he couldn't fathom that Lubitz intentionally downed Flight 9525.

"I can't imagine it, I just can't imagine it," he said. "I just think, you know, whatever (happened), they are professional pilots. They have a certain internal control mechanism. They are examined, they have to be healthy and everything."

"It's all unimaginable, what's being suspected here," he said. "So my request is that people take the time before they jump to any conclusions. That's what human empathy requires."

Audio reveals captain banged on door

Robin, the Marseilles prosecutor, said he doesn't know whether the co-pilot planned his actions in advance, but that Lubitz "took advantage" of the captain leaving the cockpit to begin the aircraft's descent.

The recorder captured a horrific soundtrack. One can hear the captain banging on the door, Robin said.

At one point, the captain used a video conference system to talk to the co-pilot, the prosecutor said. That system would have allowed the co-pilot to see and hear the captain demanding to get inside the cockpit, aviation experts say.

Passengers were apparently unaware of what was happening until the last few moments when screams were heard on the recording.

Lubitz said nothing as the plane fell, the prosecutor said.

But the sound of Lubitz breathing steadily is heard.

There's no indication that the co-pilot became physically ill or suffered a stroke, the prosecutor said, and Lubitz seemed to be alive until the plane crashed into the mountains.

Reporters asked Robin if he viewed the co-pilot's actions as a suicide.

"When you are responsible for 150 people, I don't call it a suicide," he answered.

The biggest question: Why?

There's no reason to believe, at this time, that Lubitz's motives were terrorism-related, the prosecutor said. His name wasn't on any terror list.

Lubitz had been with Germanwings since September 2013 and had completed 630 hours of flight time, the Germanwings media office said.

Lufthansa, the owner of Germanwings, does "not have any clues" about why the co-pilot crashed the plane, Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr said Thursday.

Spohr echoed the French prosecutor's sentiments regarding the term "suicide."

"If a person kills himself and also 149 other people, another word should be used -- not suicide," he said.

He gave details about Lufthansa pilot training after mentioning that Lubitz "interrupted" his training, which he began in 2008. That break lasted several months, he said, but such an interruption isn't uncommon.

Spohr said he couldn't give any information about why the co-pilot had stopped and then restarted his training.

If it was for medical reasons, he said, then that information would have been private before the crash, he said, but it will be part of information gathered during the investigation.

Pilots in the Lufthansa group get medical testing, but not psychological testing, Spohr said.

Lubitz had trained at the Lufthansa flight training center in Bremen, Germany.

"He was 100% set to fly without restrictions," said Spohr. "His flight performance was perfect. There was nothing to worry about."

Rain Man
03-26-2015, 10:32 AM
Yep, the passengers had a horrific death.

I can't imagine the Captain's state of mind trying to get to the cockpit while being flung around and weightless at times. JFC

Were they getting flung around? I've understood that it was just a nice even descent at constant speed.

I also find that weird, though. If you're going to commit suicide, wouldn't you just nose the plane straight down? Why go in smoothly?

Donger
03-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Sounds kind of weird that the passengers weren't aware of anything until the end. At least the folks seated up front would have seen and heard the captain screaming and beating on the door?

MIAdragon
03-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Sounds kind of weird that the passengers weren't aware of anything until the end. At least the folks seated up front would have seen and heard the captain screaming and beating on the door?

This is just sad.

ChiTown
03-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Were they getting flung around? I've understood that it was just a nice even descent at constant speed.

I also find that weird, though. If you're going to commit suicide, wouldn't you just nose the plane straight down? Why go in smoothly?

To enjoy the final minutes of your diabolical plan?:shrug:

Eleazar
03-26-2015, 10:40 AM

Perhaps the descent wasn't rapid enough to alert them?

Similarly, the captain may not have been aware of the gravity (sorry) of the situation since he couldn't see the instruments.

notorious
03-26-2015, 10:42 AM
He must have gone into it very smoothly and pulled the throttle back a lot to mask the effects.

Even though I have 4500 hours, I still picture an airline decent to a crash like in the movies. It's kind of weird.

Donger
03-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Perhaps the descent wasn't rapid enough to alert them?

Similarly, the captain may not have been aware of the gravity (sorry) of the situation since he couldn't see the instruments.

I'm pretty sure that if I saw and heard one of the pilots beating on the cockpit door while yelling, I'd notice. You can see the door from the pretty much every seat on a 320.

MIAdragon
03-26-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that if I saw and heard one of the pilots beating on the cockpit door while yelling, I'd notice. You can see the door from the pretty much every seat on a 320.

I can see people being petrified, what exactly are you going to do that will make the slightest bit of difference.

notorious
03-26-2015, 10:54 AM
I remember from class (19 years ago, mind you :D) that if an airliner could achieve a barrel at a consistent, smooth rate the passengers would never know it.

If the decent was very slow upon entry, the passengers probably couldn't tell except for the throttles being pulled back to avoid overspeeding the airplane.

My "weightless, flying around" post is simply bullshit.

Eleazar
03-26-2015, 10:55 AM

It seems likely that he wouldn't want to alarm everyone, at first. I am sure that he became more aggressive with time, though.

At least we know those doors are sturdy I guess.

Eleazar
03-26-2015, 10:55 AM
I remember from class (19 years ago, mind you :D) that if an airliner could achieve a barrel at a consistent, smooth rate the passengers would never know it.

If the decent was very slow upon entry, the passengers probably couldn't tell except for the throttles being pulled back to avoid overspeeding the airplane.

They'd notice their drinks spilling over, ties floating in mid-air, etc...

Donger
03-26-2015, 10:56 AM

Tex Johnson nods his head slowly..

Donger
03-26-2015, 10:57 AM
I can see people being petrified, what exactly are you going to do that will make the slightest bit of difference.

Get up and help the pilot try to break through the door.

Rain Man
03-26-2015, 10:58 AM

That would be my course of action.

alnorth
03-26-2015, 11:00 AM

Since the door was built to not allow passengers (and possible hijackers) to break in, that would be futile.

Donger
03-26-2015, 11:00 AM

You can do a 1G roll.

Rain Man
03-26-2015, 11:01 AM
The latest article indicates that the co-pilot never responded, and that his breathing was steady. The pilot was on a video system yelling at him, so I wonder if the pilot could tell that he was conscious.

The button pushing thing is the wild card, but it still sounds to me like the copilot could have been unconscious. However, that would be wildly bad luck to have it happen when the pilot stepped out.

I guess I don't know the door situation, either. If the copilot jammed it so the pilot couldn't get in, that's a clear indicator.

I wonder where the "down" button is on the panel.

Rain Man
Since the door was built to not allow passengers (and possible hijackers) to break in, that would be futile.

But it would be more satisfying than sitting there.

Donger

So is waiting to smash into a mountain.

alnorth
03-26-2015, 11:03 AM
But it would be more satisfying that sitting there.

True, if you are going down, you may as well go down slamming against the door.

ChiTown
03-26-2015, 11:03 AM
The latest article indicates that the co-pilot never responded, and that his breathing was steady. The pilot was on a video system yelling at him, so I wonder if the pilot could tell that he was conscious.

The button pushing thing is the wild card, but it still sounds to me like the copilot could have been unconscious. However, that would be wildly bad luck to have it happen when the pilot stepped out.

I guess I don't know the door situation, either. If the copilot jammed it so the pilot couldn't get in, that's a clear indicator.

I wonder where the "down" button is on the panel.

Doesn't appear so.

The co-pilot "manipulated the buttons of the flight monitoring system to activate the descent of the aircraft," Robin said. "The action can only be voluntary."

Donger
03-26-2015, 11:05 AM
True, if you are going down, you may as well go down slamming against the door.

Yep, and they were going to slam against the door regardless.

srvy
03-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Do we know the breathing they hear is the co-pilot. Maybe Pilot was lax with rules and left the door ajar a bit. A passenger up to no good slips in lock it behind forces copilot to put it in decent. Then offs copilot and takes over for finale crash.

Hot sturdy are these doors? I know they were fortified after 911 but how much force could it withstand. Seems with 150 passenger in desperate fight for there life some could have teamed up with pilot to ram it open. Seems very planed to me.

ChiTown
03-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Do we know the breathing they hear is the co-pilot. Maybe Pilot was lax with rules and left the door ajar a bit. A passenger up to no good slips in lock it behind forces copilot to put it in decent. Then offs copilot and takes over for finale crash.

Hot sturdy are these doors? I know they were fortified after 911 but how much force could it withstand. Seems with 150 passenger in desperate fight for there life some could have teamed up with pilot to ram it open. Seems very planed to me.

That seems very plausible..............:LOL:

DaFace
03-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Whoa. I wouldn't have guessed that at all. I guess it's a hard thing to put in a marketing message, though.

Yeah, the main thing is that we don't really think of all the times when things like the landing gear doesn't come down, fires in the cockpit, loss of pressure, etc. Most of the time when something goes wrong, they're able to get it on the ground with all the passengers safe.

Certainly if you define a "accident" as "nose dive into a mountain," the stat would be much more dire, but those kinds of accidents are pretty rare.

Donger
03-26-2015, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately, pilot suicides/murders aren't unheard of. Fortunately, they are extremely rare:

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-germanwings-co-pilot-likely-crashed-jet-deliberately-prosecutor-2015-3

Rain Man
03-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Yep, and they were going to slam against the door regardless.

Hard enough to open it as well, but just a little too late to do any good.

Eleazar
03-26-2015, 11:28 AM
You can do a 1G roll.

But not smoothly enough for the passengers not to notice, right?

Donger
03-26-2015, 11:30 AM
But not smoothly enough for the passengers not to notice, right?

Believe it or not, yes, it can be done. Presuming they aren't looking out the windows.

:)

alnorth
03-26-2015, 11:38 AM

They already confirmed that the co-pilot was alone.

srvy
03-26-2015, 11:48 AM
They already confirmed that the co-pilot was alone.

And how does the flight voice recorder determine this?

alnorth
03-26-2015, 11:53 AM

pilots and crew have a code they can punch in to access the flight deck, but this can be overridden by the pilot or co-pilot to keep everyone out. No one else would know how to do that.

eDave
03-26-2015, 11:54 AM

If they could hear the pounding on the door, they would hear someone coming in and killing the co-pilot. Unless it was a Ninja. Which is unlikely.

alnorth
03-26-2015, 11:56 AM
If they could hear the pounding on the door, they would hear someone coming in and killing the co-pilot. Unless it was a Ninja. Which is unlikely.

that too, if there was any kind of struggle, the voice recorder would have heard it.

srvy
03-26-2015, 11:58 AM

Invisibility cape?

ChiTown
03-26-2015, 11:58 AM

Ninja's? I hadn't thought about that. Something to consider.........

srvy
03-26-2015, 12:00 PM
that too, if there was any kind of struggle, the voice recorder would have heard it.

Wasn't aware of this. Anyway I was just tossing around stuff. Now there are reports the co-pilot may have been suffering from depression.

Baby Lee
03-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Ninja's? I hadn't thought about that. Something to consider.........

Heck, they can't even keep quiet during a movie. . . .

Oh, sorry. Thought you were houstonwhodat. ;)

ChiTown
03-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Heck, they can't even keep quiet during a movie. . . .

Oh, sorry. Thought you were houstonwhodat. ;)

ROFL

Schnitzel
03-26-2015, 12:23 PM

Those doors cost around 40k and are bulletproof (small caliber). I do not think you have a chance to get in there...

Sully
03-26-2015, 12:28 PM

Sky Ninjas?

We're fucked.

Pack in in everybody! Had a good run! See ya on the other side!

eDave
03-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Invisibility cape?

That's probably it.

Stewie
03-26-2015, 12:45 PM
I can see a gradual decent into a mountain. Cruising altitude of 32k-ish and a 12K mountain. You don't need to nosedive, the mountain takes care of nose-first impact.

eDave
03-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Some weird shit going on with airliners these days.

bowener
03-26-2015, 12:50 PM
I can see a gradual decent into a mountain. Cruising altitude of 32k-ish and a 12K mountain. You don't need to nosedive, the mountain takes care of nose-first impact.

The slow decent was done because the Airbus software would stop a full on nose dive from taking place or that is what I have gathered from all the shit I've read. Those with more knowledge, is this true?

Iczer
03-26-2015, 12:55 PM
The slow decent was done because the Airbus software would stop a full on nose dive from taking place or that is what I have gathered from all the shit I've read. Those with more knowledge, is this true?

Pretty much...this is taken from another forum I'm on..

For an unknown reason the pilot decides to leave the cockpit, which leaves the first officer Lubitz alone and in charge of the aircraft. When the pilot later comes back he finds out that the door doesn't open. He obviously tried to contact the co-pilot, but doesn't get any answer. He also tries to dial in the security code which would open the door after 30 second only if none of the cockpit crew answers the call and declines the opening of the door. Unfortunately Lubitz did decline the opening.

The pilot doesn't manage to get inside the cockpit again, and Lubitz manually changes the auto pilots altitude setting from 38,000 feet to 96 feet. This is why the descend seemed controlled, as it was the airplane itself that was changing the altitude. Though the airplane descended about twice as fast as an A320 usually does, so at this point it would've been blindingly obvious that something was wrong.

Lubitz couldn't have just pulled the lever and dived nose first into the ground, since modern airplanes (a category which the A320 is both included and is being one of the leading models of aircraft in) have a security system called Flight Envelope Protection. This system basically makes sure that no human errors with the stick could cause an crash, and every move a pilot does have to be approved by the computer before it acts out to a hundred percents (i.e. if the computer finds the plane in a stalling speed or diving too steep it would correct it immediately). This computer is there to make sure that changes in pressure and even the death/illness of both pilots would not make the airplane dive nose first into the ground at the speed of sound.

The crew would probably have tried to batter their way through the door, though it is made in titanium after 9/11 and is supposed to withstand tremendous force. One of the high jacked planes that were on its way to DC crashed into the ground after passengers of the flight rammed a food wagon through the locked cockpit door, which I doubt anyone want to experience if it was terrorists trying to conquer the cockpit using the same methods.

So in other words, once Lubitz had his mind set on destroying the aircraft there is really nothing that could've been done to stop it from happening. Kind of terrifying thought in a situation like this, but I would rather trust my life with two (mostly) competent pilots than people who might snap outside the cockpit and try to breach in, which is why some kind of override from the outside would be a very bad idea.
Finger prints can be used by force and codes can be acquired by the use of force, which in the end makes such security measures a security flaw.

Luckly aircraft security is always in development, and there is systems which is being developed and tested that would allow the tower to basically "cut off" the cockpit from the aircraft and take full control of the vehicle and land it safely from the ground or tell it to land itself at a desired location.

Nickel D
03-26-2015, 02:47 PM

So you're sayin' there's a chance....

GloryDayz
03-26-2015, 03:59 PM
This never happened when flight attendants were stewardesses, were hot, wore short skirts, and knew their place...

Now you get 60-year-old heifers who won't blow the pilots, go all "bla bla bla" about TSA and dumb FAA rules, they look grumpy the whole flight, and the pilots get mad and crash the plane....

Go back to hot stewardesses!

notorious
03-26-2015, 05:50 PM

Not really. A proper barrel roll will be a continuous 1 G maneuver.

(Donger beat me to it)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-26-2015, 06:06 PM
You better believe that those two guys from the Arrowhead parking lot would have busted in and beaten him to death.

Hoopsdoc
03-26-2015, 07:22 PM

Interesting read, thanks.

Just a sad situation, what a worthless coward.

Marcellus
03-26-2015, 07:45 PM
This has to be one of the most disturbing things I have heard of in a long time.

A single dude wipes out 149 other people along with himself because..............

Donger
03-26-2015, 08:16 PM
This never happened when flight attendants were stewardesses, were hot, wore short skirts, and knew their place...

Now you get 60-year-old heifers who won't blow the pilots, go all "bla bla bla" about TSA and dumb FAA rules, they look grumpy the whole flight, and the pilots get mad and crash the plane....

Go back to hot stewardesses!

Ironically, the killer pilot apparently took a break a while back and worked as a flight attendant...

Aries Walker
03-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Maybe cases like this will accelerate the move toward robot pilots.
Yes, I know, it reminds you of Airplane.

cdcox
03-26-2015, 09:01 PM

If they can program a jet not to go into a nose dive, why not keep it from crashing into a mountain or a WTC?

Jimmya
03-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Humans will always be needed, even if it's only for little details.

Kman34
03-27-2015, 05:57 AM
Luckly aircraft security is always in development, and there is systems which is being developed and tested that would allow the tower to basically "cut off" the cockpit from the aircraft and take full control of the vehicle and land it safely from the ground or tell it to land itself at a desired location.

If this happens now the Bad guys can just break into the system while sitting at their own computer...

GloryDayz
03-27-2015, 05:59 AM
Ironically, the killer pilot apparently took a break a while back and worked as a flight attendant...

See..... Now, had this lady been in the cockpit doing her job, no flipped switch and pilot...

http://www.fotomage.com/img/fun/hot-and-sexy-stewardess/hot-and-sexy-stewardess14.jpg

GloryDayz
03-27-2015, 06:08 AM
If this happens now the Bad guys can just break into the system while sitting at their own computer...

2-person rule solves 99% of "these" cases (which appear to be .00001% of all flights).

But I guess it could be argued that even if you had the 2-person rule and somebody was going to do this, they'd just kill the other person in the cockpit first.

I'm not sure how you fix this, but it probably has to start with some very honest conversation. I suspect, unfortunately, that it'll get around to the "it's a sign of the times" and will get lost in everything but why this pilot did this.

It's just sad, and very suspect, that this pilot would choose to kill this many people too. The reasons could branch-out like limbs on a tree if you let your mind wonder, but in the end it appears that this man was willing to kill a lot of other people too.

God that's scary...

kcfanXIII
03-27-2015, 08:28 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/world/europe/germanwings-crash-andreas-lubitz.html?_r=0

The copilot had a medical condition that was severe enough to be excused from work by a doctor. Investigators found a doctor's note, and another torn up document in the trash of his apartment.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Pilot shoulda worn a stadium pal

MahiMike
03-27-2015, 11:03 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/28/world/europe/germanwings-crash-andreas-lubitz.html?_r=0

The copilot had a medical condition that was severe enough to be excused from work by a doctor. Investigators found a doctor's note, and another torn up document in the trash of his apartment.

Dude, we're talking Germans here. The country that gives you 6 weeks paid vacation with DOUBLE PAY for Christmas.

When I was over there, a girl friend of mine had a broken arm and took sick leave for 6 weeks. She was a hotel front desk girl (not much heavy lifting).

I once told them I tweaked my back and received 10 weeks of massages!

In other words, their Dr. 'notes' don't mean much to us.

Coochie liquor
03-27-2015, 11:13 AM
This has to be one of the most disturbing things I have heard of in a long time.

A single dude wipes out 149 other people along with himself because..............

Chuefs?? I hope not....

gblowfish
03-27-2015, 11:42 AM
I'll bet the lawyers are lining up outside Lufthansa HQ right now. Bet their stock plunges today.

GloryDayz
03-27-2015, 11:45 AM
I'll bet the lawyers are lining up outside Lufthansa HQ right now. Bet their stock plunges today.

I thought they had just enough separation to claim Germanwings is a separate company. And Lufthansa's lawyers better be working OT to make that argument.

Kman34
03-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Maybe cases like this will accelerate the move toward robot pilots.
Yes, I know, it reminds you of Airplane.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkv0dRGFPMwoIsR9bgX42jCVnBa5KdbyOxyMAXfSP4v5k2_llPiQ:marketingthink.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/airplane-movie-autopilot.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO4JMFkMxta8u5S6na_JQMbQ7krOugJ0m3qZtJy1WCcziUD_Z-8A:public.media.smithsonianmag.com/legacy_blog/Airplane-autopilot.jpg

Pennywise
03-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I read earlier he was a Muslim convert.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/breaking-german-news-germanwings-airbus-co-pilot-was-muslim-convert/

GloryDayz
03-27-2015, 03:19 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkv0dRGFPMwoIsR9bgX42jCVnBa5KdbyOxyMAXfSP4v5k2_llPiQ:marketingthink.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/airplane-movie-autopilot.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO4JMFkMxta8u5S6na_JQMbQ7krOugJ0m3qZtJy1WCcziUD_Z-8A:public.media.smithsonianmag.com/legacy_blog/Airplane-autopilot.jpg

I keep telling people that, had a hot stewardess been in there "honkin on BoBo", he's have let the pilot back in right after she was done.

This is not new...

Ming the Merciless
03-27-2015, 04:05 PM
I thought they had just enough separation to claim Germanwings is a separate company. And Lufthansa's INSURANCE COMPANY's lawyers better be working OT to make that argument.

wheed!

GloryDayz
03-27-2015, 05:24 PM
wheed!
Them too..

Lonewolf Ed
03-27-2015, 05:48 PM
I read earlier he was a Muslim convert.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/breaking-german-news-germanwings-airbus-co-pilot-was-muslim-convert/

I saw that, too, but am not sure if it is accurate yet.