PDA

View Full Version : Drafting The Chiefs Foundation

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 10:52 AM
We all know this upcoming draft could bring stability to the team for years to come and bring a much needed foundation of starters and back-ups. After thorough research and going with BPA approach, I bring you the foundation that puts our team over the top...

Round 1-WR Jaelen Strong

Round 2-CB Jalen Collins

Round 3-ILBer Denzel Perryman

Round 3-OT Cedric Ogbuehi

Round 4-DE Henry Anderson

Round 5-SS Clayon Geathers

Round 5-NT Xavier Williams

Round 5-QB Sean Mannion

Round 6-OG Adam Shead

Round 7-TE C.J. Uzomah

staylor26
03-27-2015, 11:16 AM
We all know this upcoming draft could bring stability to the team for years to come and bring a much needed foundation of starters and back-ups. After thorough research and going with BPA approach, I bring you the foundation that puts our team over the top...

Round 1-WR Jaelen Strong

Round 2-CB Jalen Collins

Round 3-ILBer Denzel Perryman

Round 3-OT Cedric Ogbuehi

Round 4-DE Henry Anderson

Round 5-SS Clayon Geathers

Round 5-NT Xavier Williams

Round 5-QB Sean Mannion

Round 6-OG Adam Shead

Round 7-TE C.J. Uzomah

Love the first 4 picks player and position wise, but Collins and Perryman shouldn't be there.

Direckshun
03-27-2015, 11:38 AM
This is a very unrealistic draft. But I will take this opportunity to say I'm a big fan of Xavier Williams.

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Draft Scout Exchange has them listed as available. Collins only started 10 games, so I would definitely consider him a mid second rounder and later and Perryman is a bit undersized, so he's not considered proto-typical size. I've seen several draft prospect listings as being available. This is also a deep draft. Thank you for the kind words, though.

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Here's another one that clearly shows, they would be available...
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectsearch?multisearch=1&year=2015&position=All&school=All&start_row=1
I'll take Scouts impressions of the players as when they'll be available.

O.city
03-27-2015, 11:49 AM
My draft

Round 1
Winston

Round 2
Amari Cooper

Round 3
lael Collins

Round 3
Dupree

Round 4
Byron Jones

Round 5
randy Gregory

Round 5
cam Erving

Round 6
Kevin white wr

Done

The Franchise
03-27-2015, 11:51 AM
My draft

Round 1
Winston

Round 2
Amari Cooper

Round 3
lael Collins

Round 3
Dupree

Round 4
Byron Jones

Round 5
randy Gregory

Round 5
cam Erving

Round 6
Kevin white wr

Done

Erving in the 5th? Hate it.

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 12:02 PM
My draft

Round 1
Winston

Round 2
Amari Cooper

Round 3
lael Collins

Round 3
Dupree

Round 4
Byron Jones

Round 5
randy Gregory

Round 5
cam Erving

Round 6
Kevin white wr

Done
:D Funny, in a sad kind of way. Click the fucking link. If the players are available, you have to admit that's a good draft. Don't shoot the messenger.

The Franchise
03-27-2015, 12:07 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectsearch?multisearch=1&year=2015&position=All&school=All&start_row=1

Projected round doesn't mean shit. Go look at other mock drafts and see if those players are available when we pick.

O.city
03-27-2015, 12:08 PM
:D Funny, in a sad kind of way. Click the ****ing link. If the players are available, you have to admit that's a good draft. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm just shitting with you

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Projected round doesn't mean shit. Go look at other mock drafts and see if those players are available when we pick.I've looked at several and quite a few have them available, which is why I finally submitted it. Not every mock draft is going to get it right. I've used that site for years and years and they've always got pretty damn close. Nothing will be perfect. The point is, if they are available, which I clearly showed they could be, those would be my picks to improve the team. Thanks, Dicky.

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 12:16 PM
I'm just shitting with youBetter be. Lol. J/K. It's all in good fun, I'd just be ecstatic with that draft if those players are available and that's the route we go. Appreciate you looking in the thread and adding to it.

O.city
03-27-2015, 12:18 PM
It's a 5th rounder but the only thing I don't like is the qb. You can get really good special team ers and backups there and I don't think mannion is worth a shit

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 12:37 PM
It's a 5th rounder but the only thing I don't like is the qb. You can get really good special team ers and backups there and I don't think mannion is worth a shit

Thanks, Man. I greatly appreciate it. I seriously contemplated HB Karlos Williams from Florida State in the 5th, but because his off the field stuff, I couldn't bring myself to justify putting him on the mock selection. That said, for a 5th round pick, I thought it was worth rolling the dice on and always trying to improve the depth of the position.

Here's Rang's take on him...

STRENGTHS: sports an NFL-caliber frame, has the arm to make every throw and is a classic drop-back passer with limited mobility. When he feels secure in the pocket and has the time to step into his throws correctly, Mannion's touch on intermediate and vertical passes is as impressive as any quarterback in the country. He lofts the ball with perfect trajectory over the shoulder of his receivers and allows them to go get it, demonstrating pinpoint accuracy to lead his target away from defenders.

Mannion has an easy, natural throwing motion and he's well-versed in coach Mike Riley's pro-style offense, which asks him to take snaps from under center as well as from the gun. While he can drive the ball when needed, it cruises, rather than explodes out of his hand. The result is that Mannion's passes look effort-less but there is some question as to whether he has the top-notch velocity to significantly boost his stock this season.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks mobility. Where Mannion can improve is poise under pressure. Mannion is intelligent and typically is able to read defenses prior to the snap. When he's fooled and his primary read is taken away, he has a tendency to drop back further into the pocket, rather than stepping up. Mannion is willing to absorb a hit to complete the pass, but too often does so while falling back (rather than stepping into his passes), erasing some of the zip and accuracy from his throws.

--Rob Rang (7/18/14)

Player OverviewReportedly given a third round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee after a record-breaking junior season, Mannion elected to return to Corvalis for a final year of college football.

Mannion's production (and coach Mike Riley's track record) speak for themselves. He threw for a Pac-12 record 4,662 passing yards last season, including a school record 37 touchdowns. He's entering his fourth season as the starter and is a three-time team captain.

Direckshun
03-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Draft Scout Exchange has them listed as available. Collins only started 10 games, so I would definitely consider him a mid second rounder and later and Perryman is a bit undersized, so he's not considered proto-typical size. I've seen several draft prospect listings as being available. This is also a deep draft. Thank you for the kind words, though.

You're welcome to believe that. It's just very unlikely they last that long.

BigChiefFan
03-27-2015, 12:40 PM
You're welcome to believe that. It's just very unlikely they last that long.

I'll take the NFL Advisory Committee's take on it. Thanks, though.

Direckshun
03-27-2015, 12:52 PM
I'll take the NFL Advisory Committee's take on it. Thanks, though.

Surprises every year, I suppose.

BigChiefFan
04-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Looking at the CBS Mock draft, it still looks like a go that these players will be available. Strong has taken a little bit of a fall and Collins has increased his value. You could flip the picks and still come out with the same players most likely, even if we had to give a little compensation. This is a Hell of draft.

milkman
04-15-2015, 10:07 AM
No thanks.