PDA

View Full Version : Music Vince Neil - superstar

Baby Lee
04-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Mods feel free to merge with epic fail thread later, but this deserves to breathe free in genpop for a while.

Vince Neil's Star Spangled Banner

<iframe width="636" height="353" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tZ5Kn4rdBpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy is RICH, from a SINGING career.

Of course, he's most likely horked out of his gourd, but Jesus fucking Christ.

ModSocks
04-01-2015, 10:26 AM
He's an 80's hair band singer. Who ever hired him to do that shoulda known what he'd get.

That's just awful. He looks like he doesn't give a shit nor does he want to be there.

Easy 6
04-01-2015, 10:27 AM
HAHA, yeah heard this on my commute this morning... not a lick better than something I could do.

But to be fair, he never was a very good singer, just good enough to do what the Crue needed him to do... scream and shout.

Radar Chief
04-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Heh, Roseanne Barr is embarrassed by that performance.

Bowser
04-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Vince stopped giving any semblance of a fuck approximately 15 years ago.

And right now Deberg is PISSED that you beat him to the punch with this thread. :D

Beef Supreme
04-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Speaking of 80's hair bands, did anyone see Van Halen on Kimmel last night. I tuned in to see what they look like now, and the ghost of David Lee Roth has apparently possessed a skeleton.

alpha_omega
04-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Speaking of 80's hair bands, did anyone see Van Halen on Kimmel last night. I tuned in to see what they look like now, and the ghost of David Lee Roth has apparently possessed a skeleton.

Would have like to seen that...except for the Roth part. what was the purpose of their appearance?

Oh, and Vince Neil just isn't good any more.

Coochie liquor
04-01-2015, 10:52 AM
There are more people on the field than in the stands. There are more people at a Motley Crüe tribute band concert than at this game. And I wonder how many of the cheerleaders he banged after the game??

Baby Lee
04-01-2015, 10:54 AM
There are more people on the field than in the stands. There are more people at a Motley Crüe tribute band concert than at this game. And I wonder how many of the cheerleaders he banged after the game??

Carrot Top for the coin toss blows my mind. His net worth is around $75M and he's showing up for this?

Makes one reconsider for a moment just how deeply mobbed up Carrot Top and the Arena League both are.

Beef Supreme
04-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Would have like to seen that...except for the Roth part. what was the purpose of their appearance?

They were doing a concert in the street for some unknown reason. I didn't really follow what was going on, just flipped the channel there toward the end of the show cuz I heard they would be on.

Apparently Roth KO'd himself with a mic stand earlier in the evening, and had to get stitches after the show. But his rock and roll could not be contained, even by a big ass nose bandage.

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/screen-shot-2015-04-01-at-8-08-15-am.png?w=807

raybec 4
04-01-2015, 11:09 AM
He's an 80's hair band singer. Who ever hired him to do that shoulda known what he'd get.
That's just awful. He looks like he doesn't give a shit nor does he want to be there.

He owns that team

ModSocks
04-01-2015, 11:20 AM
He owns that team

Heh. ooops

cosmo20002
04-01-2015, 11:32 AM

They released a new live album this week and also announced tour dates.

Demonpenz
04-01-2015, 11:37 AM
it wasn't too bad.

cosmo20002
04-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Carrot Top for the coin toss blows my mind. His net worth is around $75M and he's showing up for this?

Makes one reconsider for a moment just how deeply mobbed up Carrot Top and the Arena League both are.

I don't care what anyone says...that fucker is funny. Also very odd looking.
Saw his show in Vegas and that place was laughing as hard as any comedy act I've seen in person.

cosmo20002
04-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Vince stopped giving any semblance of a **** approximately 15 years ago.

And right now Deberg is PISSED that you beat him to the punch with this thread. :D

Vince has become one of those guys who speaks a lot of the lyrics instead of 'singing' and even then skips about every other line.

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2015, 11:42 AM
That's not Roseann bad, but it's still bad.

alpha_omega
04-01-2015, 11:45 AM
They released a new live album this week and also announced tour dates.

Hmmm, they need to hire a new marketing department, 'cause i hadn't heard shit about that.

eDave
04-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Eddy Vedder did karaoke in Mesa, AZ one night. He was awful. There's a video somewhere.

Dayze
04-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Sounds about as good when I went to Crüe-Fest in KC a few years back. Dude didn't finish half the lyrics or words, sounded like ass, and was out of breath the entire time. Totally mailed it in. Best part of the night was Godsmack fucking crushing everyone in their paths.

Easy 6
04-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Thought Van Halen sounded pretty damn good on Kimmel, Daves voice isnt as strong as it used to be but the band sounded tight.

Cant believe it was their first ever live tv performance.

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Thought Van Halen sounded pretty damn good on Kimmel, Daves voice isnt as strong as it used to be but the band sounded tight.

Eddie actually looked pretty healthy, too.

Beef Supreme
04-01-2015, 12:48 PM

Except that it wasn't. It was supposedly the first ever live performance with Roth, (They had done one with Hagar), but I'm pretty sure they taped it or we would have seen Roth bust his nose during Panama, instead of the retake version with the nose bandage.

I Agree that the band sounded pretty good, and that Roth wasn't terrible, but then he's never been particularly good either.

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2015, 12:48 PM

To be clear, it was their first-ever live TV performance with DLR.

Easy 6
04-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Except that it wasn't. It was supposedly the first ever live performance with Roth...

So yeah, in other words the first ever live tv broadcast for Van Halen :evil:

Fire Me Boy!
04-01-2015, 02:50 PM
So yeah, in other words the first ever live tv broadcast for Van Halen :evil:

Ah... good call.

alpha_omega
04-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Did they play a new song at all?
Please tell me they played something besides fucking Panama.

eDave
04-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Did they play a new song at all?
Please tell me they played something besides ****ing Panama.

They were kicking into Eruption as Kimmel was going off air last night. That's all I caught of it.

Start Croyle
04-01-2015, 07:13 PM
You can see the two cheerleaders behind him are trying not to laugh.

Halfcan
04-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Figures VH gets on tv and Dave bashes his own face in with a mic stand.

His book-Eat em and Smile was a great read. Surprised Eddie got over that. Dave didn't slam him as much as Sammy did though.

Be nice if they came up with some new tunes.

DaneMcCloud
04-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Except that it wasn't. It was supposedly the first ever live performance with Roth, (They had done one with Hagar), but I'm pretty sure they taped it or we would have seen Roth bust his nose during Panama, instead of the retake version with the nose bandage.

I Agree that the band sounded pretty good, and that Roth wasn't terrible, but then he's never been particularly good either.
It was live. I could hear it from my house but because we left yesterday morning for our spring break vacation, I couldn't make it down, although tons of friends went.

Dave busted his nose on his mic stand during Panama and stopped the show. Once he was fixed up, they started over. They played 3 or 4 songs and two were broadcast Monday and a couple last night. They're also doing Ellen this week.

But they were absolutely "live". No backing tracks, no Autotune of Dave's vocals. All the people there raved about it but of course, TV exposes all of the flaws.

KChiefs1
04-01-2015, 10:12 PM

Eddie is still great.

KChiefs1
04-01-2015, 10:14 PM

Diamond Dave's voice isn't as strong.

Saccopoo
04-01-2015, 10:53 PM

For the love of Christ...I hope none of them.

I remember seeing Vince after the first Motley Crue split and someone commenting about a dancing pig...

Saccopoo
04-01-2015, 10:54 PM
It was live. I could hear it from my house but because we left yesterday morning for our spring break vacation, I couldn't make it down, although tons of friends went.

Dave busted his nose on his mic stand during Panama and stopped the show. Once he was fixed up, they started over. They played 3 or 4 songs and two were broadcast Monday and a couple last night. They're also doing Ellen this week.

But they were absolutely "live". No backing tracks, no Autotune of Dave's vocals. All the people there raved about it but of course, TV exposes all of the flaws.

Dave sucks.

jonzie04
04-02-2015, 01:27 AM
carrot top doesn't even look like a human being jfc.

headsnap
04-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Eddie is still great.

he wasn't always great, dude was quite the tool in the 90's and 2000's... seems to have cleaned up and looks healthier than ever...

Pretty cool interview from the Smithsonian...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sl59RPs7PiI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

InChiefsHeaven
04-02-2015, 06:24 AM
There are more people at an Omaha Beef game than at that thing...and we have better cheerleaders too. I don't think the Outlaws are gonna last long. The Kiss either for that matter.

Fire Me Boy!
04-02-2015, 06:55 AM
he wasn't always great, dude was quite the tool in the 90's and 2000's... seems to have cleaned up and looks healthier than ever...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sl59RPs7PiI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Didn't watch it all, but pretty interesting what I did watch. There's an interesting technique demo around 25 minutes in that I found fascinating.

And yeah, I can't remember EVH ever looking as healthy as he does now. He looks like your average 60-year-old man now, which is great to see. He's been pretty haggard at times over the years.

Dayze
04-02-2015, 09:23 AM
BFD.....

you can go down to any Guitar Center on a Saturday and see that shit.

InChiefsHeaven
04-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Dave sucks.

You shut your damn whore mouth!

InChiefsHeaven
04-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Just watched that Eddie interview...that was pretty awesome...

Dartgod
04-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Just watched that Eddie interview...that was pretty awesome...

Yeah, it was. Old age has been very good to Eddie. Seemed very humble.

Saccopoo
04-03-2015, 12:27 PM

Imagine having to deal with Dave on the road every single day and the drugs and booze that that required...

alpha_omega
04-03-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure how this went from a Vince Neil-Superstar thread...to VH...but in the interest of providing evidence of DLR's extreme suckage factor...i present this....

time to find another replacement singer, or become an instrumental band.

fDh5xhekGb8

Saccopoo
04-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Dave sucks.

Dave's always sucked.

He had great hair in '82. That's about it.

I mean, fuck. Did you listen to any of his solo shit? Maybe the worst music ever recorded.

Easy 6
04-03-2015, 01:36 PM
DLR's extreme suckage factor?

You just nosedived off the cool kid cliff with me, Jimi.

Van Halen didnt rule the late 70's and most of the 80's with Sammy Cabo or anyone else... they did it with Diamond Dave, his blues influences and distinctive voice absolutely permeate everything that made them huge.

They went from the ultimate raw and raunchy party band with Dave... to pop music, Pepsi Clear anthems with Sammy Hagar.

Baby Lee
04-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Dave sucks.

Dave's always sucked.

I mean, fuck. Did you listen to any of his solo shit? Maybe the worst music ever recorded.

Are you talkin' 'bout a Yankee Ro-oooose?

Easy 6
04-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Dave sucks.

Dave's always sucked.

I mean, ****. Did you listen to any of his solo shit? Maybe the worst music ever recorded.

No, YOU suck.

HARD.

Brock
04-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Roth never could sing. That was never the point. The guy was a frontman and wrote better songs and was a huge reason they were the biggest band of their time. Everything they did after he left sounds dated and weak. They turned into just another 80s power ballad band.

Saccopoo
04-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Shit...in that Ellen track he sounds exactly like he did back in 1984:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m6_sdVQ-HWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...like shit.

Van Halen should have pushed harder to get Patty Smyth.

Hell, maybe she'd do it now. Watching Roth in front of that band is painful, especially now that Eddie looks like he can play the guitar again.

Saccopoo
04-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Are you talkin' 'bout a Yankee Ro-oooose?

So fucking bad...

alpha_omega
04-03-2015, 01:49 PM
DLR's extreme suckage factor?

Yes.

You just nosedived off the cool kid cliff with me, Jimi.

Sorry to hear that...did you actually watch the video? VH needs to be an instrumental band.

Van Halen didnt rule the late 70's and most of the 80's with Sammy Cabo or anyone else... they did it with Diamond Dave, his blues influences and distinctive voice absolutely permeate everything that made them huge.

Yes...that was then...the video i posted is now.

They went from the ultimate raw and raunchy party band with Dave... to pop music, Pepsi Clear anthems with Sammy Hagar.

True...but that doesn't change that fact that DLR blows at the current time.

Easy 6
04-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Roth never could sing. That was never the point. The guy was a frontman and wrote better songs and was a huge reason they were the biggest band of their time. Everything they did after he left sounds dated and weak. They turned into just another 80s power ballad band.

And lets be honest, a lot of great rock front men cant technically sing... Vince Neil ****ing SUCKS lol, but he was absolutely perfect for the Crue.

Also, I think Dave gets short shrift, he wasnt total ass a true singer... he's always had a soulful howl, and in the earlier days his voice had decent range.

ps - Omega, Dave sounded absolutely vintage doing Panama on Kimmel, not a crack in that voice anywhere.

Gonna play this as an example, and also just cause I wanna here it on a friday afternoon...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gstngdj8DJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Me Boy!
04-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Several years ago, I saw in KC the Sammy Hagar/DLR double bill. Throughout the tour, they swapped who went first, who went second.

Sammy went first and did a few of his VH hits, but mostly his solo stuff. The Red Rockers (that's his band, right?) were there, Michael Anthony came out and played a little bass on the VH songs. Really, a kick ass concert. Would definitely do it again.

DLR played the second half. Pretty much his entire setlist was VH tunes. And he sucked. We left partway into DLR's fourth song.

Saccopoo
04-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Man, if Eddie could have sold it just a bit harder...imagine how good they'd have been with this as their front man...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/47y5bo8wtqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Me Boy!
04-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Man, if Eddie could have sold it just a bit harder...imagine how good they'd have been with this as their front man...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/47y5bo8wtqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or this guy...

http://images1.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/an-introspective-gary-cherone/u/original/6414757/gary_cherone_1.jpg

Saccopoo
04-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Gary was okay.

Just a bad point in time for Eddie and thus the band.

Fire Me Boy!
04-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Gary was okay.

Just a bad point in time for Eddie and thus the band.

I actually liked Gary. He wasn't Sammy or Dave, but I dig that album, and the live show was good.

Easy 6
04-03-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure how this went from a Vince Neil-Superstar thread...to VH...but in the interest of providing evidence of DLR's extreme suckage factor...i present this....

fDh5xhekGb8

Whatever, mang... so he couldnt hit the high notes anymore, few singers his age can.

My two biggest takeaways from that spot are...

1) wow, Wolfgang is a tub of goo.

2) Poor Dave, he used to have that glorious lions mane and now look at him... I know EXACTLY how he must feel, it sucks, bad.

Rukdafaidas
04-03-2015, 03:38 PM

I found this very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2015, 03:44 PM

:Lin:

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Dave sucks.

This post is just so full of dumb that it's not worth even responding other than to this: Dumb.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2015, 03:48 PM

He was an epic disaster from 1999-2009. Crackhead, meth head, toothless wreck. He burned more bridges with people than you can possibly imagine but I'm glad he's doing much better.

It was either that or die.

Brock
04-03-2015, 05:37 PM
He was an epic disaster from 1999-2009. Crackhead, meth head, toothless wreck. He burned more bridges with people than you can possibly imagine but I'm glad he's doing much better.

It was either that or die.

Is it that second wife of his that salvaged him?

tecumseh
04-03-2015, 06:18 PM
It seems a lot of you guys don"t "get" Roth. He's totally Zen. No facelift , karate body, a lover of life. A very unique persona. Sammy, not so much. Given their bodies of work, Roth is in the conversation for rock vocalists with great cultural impact. Sammy, again, not on the radar.

Easy 6
04-03-2015, 06:28 PM
It seems a lot of you guys don"t "get" Roth. He's totally Zen. No facelift , karate body, a lover of life. A very unique persona. Sammy, not so much. Given their bodies of work, Roth is in the conversation for rock vocalists with great cultural impact. Sammy, again, not on the radar.

Sammy is cool in his own right, but yeah... he's probably more famous for his tequila than anything else, he was a B list rocker before Van Halen and reverted right back to form afterwards.

Those that would level the same charge at Roth should go back and take a look at his 80's album sales and tours... forget "gigolo", dude still brought the rock back then and God saw that it was good.

Sheehan and Vai together? yeah, it was great music and an incredible show.

Easy 6
04-03-2015, 06:39 PM
This is everything Van Halen stopped being when he left... Vai was so awesome, he could make his guitar say your cities name in english.

Such a great show...

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2db5ut" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2db5ut_david-lee-roth-yankee-rose-ws_music" target="_blank">David Lee Roth ~ Yankee Rose [WS]</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/themadradder" target="_blank">themadradder</a></i>

tecumseh
04-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Sammy is cool in his own right, but yeah... he's probably more famous for his tequila than anything else, he was a B list rocker before Van Halen and reverted right back to form afterwards.

Those that would level the same charge at Roth should go back and take a look at his 80's album sales and tours... forget "gigolo", dude still brought the rock back then and God saw that it was good.

Sheehan and Vai together? yeah, it was great music and an incredible show.

I saw VH With Roth twice. Women and Children tour at The Aragon in Chicago and Mean Streets Tour at the Amphitheatre. Caught solo Roth in 86' and a large High School gymnasium. The Stage took up 30 percent of the floor. And the show was skull peeling.If you were a rock musician/rock vocalist in the 80's, you couldn't escape the impact.

Easy 6
04-03-2015, 06:55 PM
I saw VH With Roth twice. Women and Children tour at The Aragon in Chicago and Mean Streets Tour at the Amphitheatre. Caught solo Roth in 86' and a large High School gymnasium. The Stage took up 30 percent of the floor. And the show was skull peeling.If you were a rock musician/rock vocalist in the 80's, you couldn't escape the impact.

Wow... how great those early days shows must have been is hard to imagine.

Roth and Vai did a high school gym? that must've been cool beyond words in a setting so small... akin to the no seats arrangement I watched Metallica on their first headlining jaunt for MOP.

Up close and personal, skull peeling sounds about right for something like that.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Is it that second wife of his that salvaged him?

His wife, his son, and even Valerie. A lot of people don't know this but while Eddie was busy sleeping with every groupie that would have him during VH's heyday, Valerie was busy having her own fun with every dude she could bang. It's amazing that Wolfie is even normal. He's actually better than normal because he doesn't partake in drugs and alcohol and has always been a good kid.

That's one of the reasons he's in Tremonti's band. Mark is a straight and narrow guy that's also phenomenonally talented and he took to Wolf a long time ago and really helped him through some rough times with his parents.

Mark's one of the best guys in the biz.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Without Dave, there would be no Van Halen.

He sang bebop over Eddie's heavy riffs and Alex's jazz drumming. They were completely unique and spawned millions of imitators and a whole brand of music.

Dave is an entertainer and either you like him or you don't. But to say he "sucks" is patently absurd.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Sacc is the 1st round fatty-wasteoid of music critics.

Halfcan
04-04-2015, 09:12 AM

fDh5xhekGb8

Pretty solid. The band sounds tight. I give all the credit to Wolfie. He is really the one that made it happen. Great kid.

As for Roth- looks like he is having a blast. He brings what he always did-showmanship and that special spark of light. All that energy at his age.

Looks like they are finally letting Dave do his thing and not worrying about it. Eddie seems relaxed now. Age does that to you. :thumb:

BTW- Al is a hell of a drummer. He is a world class musician as well-plays several instruments, writes and arranges music.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Dave sounds just fine.

InChiefsHeaven
04-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Without Dave, there would be no Van Halen.

He sang bebop over Eddie's heavy riffs and Alex's jazz drumming. They were completely unique and spawned millions of imitators and a whole brand of music.

Dave is an entertainer and either you like him or you don't. But to say he "sucks" is patently absurd.

You can't say it any better. Dave's one of my main musical influences as a front man, not that I tried to be "like" him, but that it's all about the show and entertainment. Sammy was good, Dave was GREAT.

Fire Me Boy!
04-04-2015, 10:28 AM
You can't say it any better. Dave's one of my main musical influences as a front man, not that I tried to be "like" him, but that it's all about the show and entertainment. Sammy was good, Dave was GREAT.

Dave was crap the one time I saw him on stage.

Saccopoo
04-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Dave was an entertainer. Right now, I'm not sure what you'd call him.

Watching him right now is a little embarrassing. As embarrassing as it was ever since post "Women and Children First."

Dude became a caricature of himself and it's only gotten worse.

I'm assuming it was the groupies flocking to his on-stage flamboyance that turned them into histronics. That and MTV. It seemed that Dave loved the camera and the limelight more than life itself.

However, he obviously loves it and it shows. Which is not a bad thing.

If it works for the fans and the band then I guess everything is okay.

cosmo20002
04-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Didn't watch it all, but pretty interesting what I did watch. There's an interesting technique demo around 25 minutes in that I found fascinating.

And yeah, I can't remember EVH ever looking as healthy as he does now. He looks like your average 60-year-old man now, which is great to see. He's been pretty haggard at times over the years.

Pretty much. When they came to KC on the 1st reunion tour with DLR, Eddie was ripped, but rail-thin, like a drug addict.
When they were here maybe 3 years ago, he actually looked kind of chubby.
Now, he looks like a normal, in-shape guy. Most people sure don't look that good at 60.

cosmo20002
04-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Dave sucks.

Dave's always sucked.

I mean, ****. Did you listen to any of his solo shit? Maybe the worst music ever recorded.

Now that is crazy talk. Really fucking crazy.

cosmo20002
04-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Several years ago, I saw in KC the Sammy Hagar/DLR double bill. Throughout the tour, they swapped who went first, who went second.

Sammy went first and did a few of his VH hits, but mostly his solo stuff. The Red Rockers (that's his band, right?) were there, Michael Anthony came out and played a little bass on the VH songs. Really, a kick ass concert. Would definitely do it again.

DLR played the second half. Pretty much his entire setlist was VH tunes. And he sucked. We left partway into DLR's fourth song.

I went to that. I missed out on seeing the DLR VH, so it was my first time seeing Dave live and I was pumped. I "liked" Sammy and "Van Hagar," but I fucking loved the DLR VH.

Sammy came out I was actually surprised at how good he was. His stuff was always 'ok' to me, but he just sounded great live. Put on a great show.

Then DLR came out and I was completely underwhelmed. He was just--weird. And just kind of awkward. He's always been weird off-stage, but on stage, he just was not what I expected.

cosmo20002
04-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Whatever, mang... so he couldnt hit the high notes anymore, few singers his age can.

My two biggest takeaways from that spot are...

1) wow, Wolfgang is a tub of goo.

2) Poor Dave, he used to have that glorious lions mane and now look at him... I know EXACTLY how he must feel, it sucks, bad.

He's a big boy.

I'm not a musician, but from what I can see and hear, the guy looks like he can play. I've seen some clips of him on guitar and drums too--looks like he can just flat-out play anything. And he does a decent impression of Michael Anthony's vocals.

From what I've read, he was really the one that kick-started the whole reunion with Roth and got dad to get off his ass and start finishing songs that had been laying around since the 70s and finally put out a new album with Roth.

DaneMcCloud
04-04-2015, 09:15 PM
He's a big boy.

I'm not a musician, but from what I can see and hear, the guy looks like he can play. I've seen some clips of him on guitar and drums too--looks like he can just flat-out play anything. And he does a decent impression of Michael Anthony's vocals.

From what I've read, he was really the one that kick-started the whole reunion with Roth and got dad to get off his ass and start finishing songs that had been laying around since the 70s and finally put out a new album with Roth.

Wolf is a monster musician and a great singer. While I've yet to hear it, I've been told by people I respect that his upcoming solo album is awesome.

Brock
04-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Wolf is a monster musician and a great singer. While I've yet to hear it, I've been told by people I respect that his upcoming solo album is awesome.

I must hear this.

Bowser
04-05-2015, 12:33 AM
I must hear this.

Seconded

Easy 6
04-05-2015, 10:17 AM
He's a big boy.

If he's the one responsible for getting the gang back together, then God bless him... will never forget the first time I heard "Cant Get This Stuff No More" on the radio, that shit was magic.

It was like stepping back in time, like they'd never left... Dave is the perfect fit for that band.

alpha_omega
04-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Ok...i wanted to check in with this thread again. I caught a little flak for saying that Dave sucked, so i wanted to expand a little on that.

First, let me say that i always have been a huge VH fan. Back in the day, the walls of my room were covered with posters and many of those were VH posters. Have seen them live with both Dave and Sam and thoroughly enjoyed both renditions. That being said...for me...VH was never about the singer regardless of who it was...it was all about Ed and what he did/does with the guitar.

In thinking about this thread i went back and listened to both of the Dave solo albums in my collection.... Skyscraper and A Little Aint Enough. I hadn't listened to them in a while and i still enjoyed them both. I also went back and listened to the Dave era VH albums i have...no complaints there either...Dave is fine.

My complaint was simply with the current state of Dave and that he flat out doesn't sound very good. I know some of you disagree with that, but after watching the Ellen clip again...i still stick with my original post that Dave sucks.

However, yesterday i was driving listening to HairNation on XM radio and they were talking about this very same subject. I am not a Twitter person, but apparently (according to HairNation) the reaction there was very similar to my opinion. Anyway, as Luc Carl was discussing it...he said something like..."ya, he can't really do it anymore, but he was great so we should all give him a pass". So...guess i'll go with Luc Carl.

Saccopoo
04-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Listen to the Ellen concert and then any VH concert from the mid-80's.

Dave sounds the same.