PDA

View Full Version : Football Browns, Eagles Discussing Trade Involving Johnny Manziel And Sam Bradford

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2015, 10:24 AM
http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland-browns/a/EXCLUSIVE-Browns-Eagles-Discussing-Trade-Involving-Johnny-Manziel-And-Sam-Bradford-10-27-1775

The Franchise
04-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Chip Kelly is a retard.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Remember Manziel was recruited to Oregon out of high school.

Dunerdr
04-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Never go full retard! Again!

notorious
04-07-2015, 10:40 AM
If Cleveland gives up a 1st they should kill themselves.

That's basically two 1sts for Bradford. ROFL

KC native
04-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Remember Manziel was recruited to Oregon out of high school.

Not only do I not remember, I do not care also.

RunKC
04-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Not seeing this reported by any major refutable source, but if true then wow

Eleazar
04-07-2015, 11:07 AM
How do the Browns have fans?

How have Eagles fans not gone Mussolini on Chip Kelly yet?

saphojunkie
04-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Why in the hot fuck would you do that trade if you're Cleveland? If they make that trade, the league should forcibly remove the ownership and move them to LA.

In58men
04-07-2015, 11:52 AM
WTF is chatsports?

thabear04
04-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Wtf can't be real. Espn amd NFL network would be all over this. Guess will see if they do trade with each other.

In58men
04-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Wtf can't be real. Espn amd NFL network would be all over this. Guess will see if they do trade with each other.

I never even heard of fucking chatsports ROFL

Coochie liquor
04-07-2015, 12:09 PM
So a broke dick for a limp dick??

Mr. Laz
04-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Bradford is one more injury away from retirement
Manziel is one more drink away from drunk row

why would anyone trade for either one?

Mav
04-07-2015, 12:37 PM
If Cleveland gives up a 1st they should kill themselves.

That's basically two 1sts for Bradford. ROFL

Wrong. They are basically paying someone to take Manziel. Easily with the price to rid yourself of that idiot.

Mr. Laz
04-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Wrong. They are basically paying someone to take Manziel. Easily with the price to rid yourself of that idiot.

two 1st for Bradford or two 1st for Manziel, either way you want to look at it

Eleazar
04-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Mandatory LMAO at the idiots who wanted us to draft Johnny Rehab

BigCatDaddy
04-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Bowe is going to rape faces with Bradford.

ModSocks
04-07-2015, 01:35 PM

Or they could just cut him....

Eleazar
04-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Or they could just cut him....

And pay his salary forever...?

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2015, 01:51 PM
I can't find anything else on this.

Mr. Laz
04-07-2015, 02:05 PM
And pay his salary forever...?

why would they have to pay his salary forever?

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and the rookie cap has lowered the bonus money. They could make Manziel a june 1st cup and only take a 6 million dollar hit in dead money. They could also use the june 1st split and make it 3 million this year and 3 mill next yr.

about 3 million less than we just took on Bowe

In58men
04-07-2015, 02:08 PM
I can't find anything else on this.

Well no shit moron

Pitt Gorilla
04-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Mandatory LMAO at the idiots who wanted us to draft Johnny RehabAgreed. Some folks around here just want a QB in the first, regardless of how bad he actually is. Manziel is Tebow bad.

Red Dawg
04-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Bradford is damaged and average. Cleveland is not a strong enough team to make the playoffs with him.

Their dumbassery would really be astonishing with this move but it would at least get rid of Manziel who is a useless NFL member.

Easy 6
04-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Seems like most football fans hate Kelly's guts and find him to be a huge fraud... but literally every single article I've read about this situation points out just how highly respected he is in all football circles, college and pro's.

I have a feeling he's going to be the Steve Spurrier that actually makes it work, maybe his ideas/system IS just that good... we'll all find out soon enough, but dude is held in extremely high regard by his peers on all levels.

FD
04-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Cleveland is just desperate to rid themselves of Manziel who is turning out to be exactly what some of us were warning about. I can't imagine why the Eagles would take him unless he comes with a first round pick and they have plans to trade up for Mariota.

Eleazar
04-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Can you believe there might be two teams dumb enough to trade for Bradford...??

Mr. Laz
04-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Seems like most football fans hate Kelly's guts and find him to be a huge fraud... but literally every single article I've read about this situation points out just how highly respected he is in all football circles, college and pro's.

I have a feeling he's going to be the Steve Spurrier that actually makes it work, maybe his ideas/system IS just that good... we'll all find out soon enough, but dude is held in extremely high regard by his peers on all levels.
so you are assuming the best while other people are dubious?

Sounds familiar, you have a history of slamming people for not being rah-rah. :p

It's not looking good so far, but he might have a plan that works out.

Easy 6
04-07-2015, 02:42 PM

I dont find it surprising at all, he's a QB who can make every NFL throw with touch.

Yeah, his injury history is spooky as hell, but it just goes to show how important QB is these days that some teams like the browns and titans are wanting him... in the right situation he can be very, very good IF he can stay healthy IMO.

Jeff Fisher literally doesnt know shit about QB's, he just brings in some dipshit consultant like Norm Chow and hopes everything works out.

That said, Bradford will go to Cleveland and fail HARD because they know even less about QB's.

Easy 6
04-07-2015, 02:46 PM
so you are assuming the best while other people are dubious?

Sounds familiar, you have a history of slamming people for not being rah-rah. :p

It's not looking good so far, but he might have a plan that works out.

Bah, I'm only assuming that college and pro coaches just might know something that Joe Schmendrick at ProFootballTeamPlanet doesnt.

And really, how can anyone say Kellys plan isnt looking good until they start playing games?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2015, 02:46 PM
why would they have to pay his salary forever?

NFL contracts aren't guaranteed and the rookie cap has lowered the bonus money. They could make Manziel a june 1st cup and only take a 6 million dollar hit in dead money. They could also use the june 1st split and make it 3 million this year and 3 mill next yr.

about 3 million less than we just took on Bowe

A good chunk of the rookies taken in the first round have fully guaranteed contracts for four years.

Coochie liquor
04-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Johnny Foot Tall!!

Kman34
04-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Bradford is one more injury away from retirement
Manziel is one more drink away from drunk row

why would anyone trade for either one?

Yeah... they both suck...

Mr. Laz
04-07-2015, 03:36 PM
A good chunk of the rookies taken in the first round have fully guaranteed contracts for four years.
6 million is the amount of his contract that is guaranteed, 4 million in signing bonus.

assuming that the remaining 2 million dollars could be saved by trading Manziel instead of cutting him

4 million has already been paid and can't be changed unless Cleveland tries to get money back from Manziel for a conduct violation

ModSocks
04-07-2015, 03:41 PM

Sure. But i'd imagine cutting him is still cheaper than giving up a 1st AND paying Sam Bradford.

Baby Lee
04-07-2015, 03:55 PM
How do the Browns have fans?

How have Eagles fans not gone Mussolini on Chip Kelly yet?

A tad harsh, but I like it

http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/414247-2/img001

FloridaMan88
04-07-2015, 04:14 PM
If this report is true (a big if), then Chip Kelly is obviously trying to get fired on purpose so he can return to the college game that he misses.

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2015, 04:59 PM
The Browns are in no man's land. They can't possibly sell to their fan base using another first on a project QB. They definitely can't sell to their fan base trading up. They also can't sell to their fan base another miserable season.

I can't believe they'd give up this much, but I kind of get it. The Browns need a winning season a lot more desperately than the Chiefs do. Cleveland was a borderline playoff team with Hoyer and Weeden at QB. Bradford is terrible but he's a million times better than anyone they've had. That says a lot.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Chip Kelley would be a genius !

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-07-2015, 05:34 PM

Manziel to PHI. This is shaping up to be the story of a superstar. Fresh out of rehab, goes to Chip Kelly, makes "weird" Chip's system fly.

Bowe takes whatever shitty QB Cleveland throws out there, and makes him $$$.

Exciting times. Exciting off season for these two franchises.

We're talking about a league where morons will give 2 seconds for a broken, aging game-manager.

So yes, I can believe it.

notorious
04-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Like I've said before, players are going to avoid playing in Philly after word gets around about Kelly's micromanagement of their lives outside of the stadium.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2015, 05:42 PM
6 million is the amount of his contract that is guaranteed, 4 million in signing bonus.

assuming that the remaining 2 million dollars could be saved by trading Manziel instead of cutting him

4 million has already been paid and can't be changed unless Cleveland tries to get money back from Manziel for a conduct violation

Understood, but you said that rookie contracts aren't guaranteed. That's not correct.

Eleazar
04-07-2015, 05:56 PM

They should start calling him "Il Dunce"

BossChief
04-07-2015, 06:01 PM
I wonder what it would take to trade for Manziels rights.

I'd flip em a 4th or 5th.

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2015, 06:11 PM
I wonder what it would take to trade for Manziels rights.

I'd flip em a 4th or 5th.

Don't want him. I try not to use the word locker room poison, but... considering he threw a party the night before a game that got several teammates suspended, no thank you. The guy is small to begin with so he already needed seasoning. And I don't think Reid wants that media circus.

I'd love a legit young QB pushing Smith for the starting job. I don't want that QB controversy to be caused because the media wants Kim Kardashian to play QB.

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2015, 06:25 PM

Most of those articles are patronizing. I've seen a ton of articles where they're asking coaches to talk about him. No coach is going to badmouth a coach in public unless the guy has a history of being dirty.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25100233/monday-musings-chip-kelly-the-gm-not-doing-eagles-any-favors
I don't like Prisco, but he tells a different story. You're right that we have to see how it plays out. But if I'm an Eagles fan, you bet your ass I'd be nervous about how this is going so far.

BossChief
04-07-2015, 06:31 PM
The kid has the ability to improvise and make plays like no other. He also has great vision, elusiveness and moxie.

If Andy Reid could reel him in and get him focused and dedicated, the kid could thrive in the right situation.

If

Hydrae
04-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Most of those articles are patronizing. I've seen a ton of articles where they're asking coaches to talk about him. No coach is going to badmouth a coach in public unless the guy has a history of being dirty.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25100233/monday-musings-chip-kelly-the-gm-not-doing-eagles-any-favors
I don't like Prisco, but he tells a different story. You're right that we have to see how it plays out. But if I'm an Eagles fan, you bet your ass I'd be nervous about how this is going so far.

McCoy had some interesting things to say about his last coach.

I don’t think he likes or respects the stars. I’m being honest. I think he likes the fact that it’s ‘Chip Kelly and the Eagles.’ It was ‘DeSean Jackson – a high-flying, take-off-the-top-of-the-defense receiver.’ Or ‘the quick, elusive LeSean McCoy.’ I don’t think [Kelly] likes that.”

LINK (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/lesean-mccoy-chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles)

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2015, 06:40 PM
The kid has the ability to improvise and make plays like no other. He also has great vision, elusiveness and moxie.

If Andy Reid could reel him in and get him focused and dedicated, the kid could thrive in the right situation.

If

A few things... "Project" is understated. His size and arm strength are not good to begin with. He's elusive, but it's not like his outrageously fast. So to succeed, he has to put in a LOT of work to overcome his problems. Not just a little, a lot. And I've seen nothing that indicates he's willing to put in a little work, let alone a lot.

Here's an interesting article and it points to a few things I've heard about him. I haven't seen him enough to know, but it's still really interesting. I've heard a few people mention that Manziel started to get exposed at the end of his college career, and his NFL starts proved that the problem has gotten much worse with NFL players on the field.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/16/johnny-manziel-first-start-nfl-week-16-cleveland-browns

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2015, 06:43 PM

LINK (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/lesean-mccoy-chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles)

It's a different world. In college, he could get away with pissing players off. Now he has to keep his own guys. He's been nothing but a snake -- nobody knows if he's committed to staying in Philly, and he weaseled himself into personnel control that even wildly experienced coaches like Shanahan and Holmgren floundered under. And I don't think being distant helps you in NFL circles where coaches do try to help each other out, even if they're competitive.

It's interesting because he does have a system that seems to still work in the NFL, and maybe system beats talent. I just can't imagine this thing working and still think his decisions to date are more than head-scratching.

Easy 6
04-07-2015, 06:47 PM

I forget every name, but there were four to five coaches that went to seek the guys counsel last offseason, including Belichick... they went to see him, not the other way around.

Not an Eagles fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd agree... its a nerve wracking time if you're not a Kelly diehard... just saying that multiple articles from multiple sites have stated that he isn't considered just some noob by other pro coaches.

Honestly, seems like a buttload of butthurt to me... "I cant BELIEVE this man had the gall to ship ME out, and to BUFFALO no less".

chiefzilla1501
04-07-2015, 06:51 PM
I forget every name, but there were four to five coaches that went to seek the guys counsel last offseason, including Belichick... they went to see him, not the other way around.

Not an Eagles fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd agree... its a nerve wracking time if you're not a Kelly diehard... just saying that multiple articles from multiple sites have stated that he isn't considered just some noob by other pro coaches.

Honestly, seems like a buttload of butthurt to me... "I cant BELIEVE this man had the gall to ship ME out, and to BUFFALO no less".

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a hell of a systems coach. I've heard he runs an extremely well structured practice, he's innovative, and he's the expert at running the hurry up. I know Bellichick and Gruden have worked with him a ton. Has some really interesting ideas too, it seems, in terms of conditioning.

The question is if he's brilliant coach who can't handle all the rest that comes with the job. And there's a lot, especially when you throw the GM title out there. From that standpoint, there's a lot of ammo that says things are not going well.

Mr. Laz
04-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Understood, but you said that rookie contracts aren't guaranteed. That's not correct.
No, i said that NFL contracts aren't guaranteed, because they aren't.

Having some guaranteed clauses in a contract is not the same as having a guaranteed contract.

"Paying forever ....." which is what started this, implies baseball contracts where they have to keep paying the player for the next XX years because their contracts keep going no matter what.

Manziel can be cut for 6 million, split that for less per year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-07-2015, 08:00 PM
No, i said that NFL contracts aren't guaranteed, because they aren't.

Having some guaranteed clauses in a contract is not the same as having a guaranteed contract.

"Paying forever ....." which is what started this, implies baseball contracts where they have to keep paying the player for the next XX years because their contracts keep going no matter what.

Manziel can be cut for 6 million, split that for less per year.

I'm going to spell it out for you again: the vast majority of NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed, but the changes to the CBA in 2011 made many contracts for first rounders fully guaranteed. You'd think that someone who posts on a board where Eric Fisher was a #1 overall pick would understand this.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-07-2015, 08:17 PM
chat sports?

http://i.imgur.com/ts6JK.jpg

In58men
04-07-2015, 08:18 PM
chat sports?

http://i.imgur.com/ts6JK.jpg

hahahah

Stanley Nickels
04-07-2015, 08:54 PM

Benito's Bandits killed the elephant man? Bastards.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Turd for turd

Saccopoo
04-08-2015, 02:03 AM

If

You're talking about Terelle Pryor, correct?

Gonzo
04-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Espn saying "WTF is chat sports?"
http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/12886/sam-bradford-for-johnny-manziel-just-does-not-add-up

Imon Yourside
04-08-2015, 08:13 AM
Espn saying "WTF is chat sports?"
http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/12886/sam-bradford-for-johnny-manziel-just-does-not-add-up

The only real source for all of your NFL info. :D

xztop123
04-08-2015, 09:08 AM
I think they're building a nightmarish dynasty actually

xztop123
04-08-2015, 09:08 AM
He's loading up on QB's who fit his system (Manziel will be the backup)

he jus wants the first rounder to move up for Mariota

Mav
04-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Manziel to PHI. This is shaping up to be the story of a superstar. Fresh out of rehab, goes to Chip Kelly, makes "weird" Chip's system fly.

Bowe takes whatever shitty QB Cleveland throws out there, and makes him $$$.

Exciting times. Exciting off season for these two franchises.

We're talking about a league where morons will give 2 seconds for a broken, aging game-manager.

So yes, I can believe it.

Don't get me started.

Brock
04-08-2015, 12:39 PM

If

Which kid?

Urc Burry
04-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Something I heard that's interesting. The Bradford deal was done before Murray and Maxwell, and Bradford's jersey is still not being sold on the Eagles site. Maxwell's and Murray's have been up for a while

ClevelandBronco
04-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Something I heard that's interesting. The Bradford deal was done before Murray and Maxwell, and Bradford's jersey is still not being sold on the Eagles site. Maxwell's and Murray's have been up for a while

http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/Philadelphia_Eagles_Mens_Jerseys

Third from the left. Top row.

Urc Burry
04-08-2015, 10:15 PM
http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/Philadelphia_Eagles_Mens_Jerseys

Third from the left. Top row.

Lol well shit. Guess I should have done my own research

eDave
04-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Where's Ramjackson? He surely knows.

Direckshun
04-09-2015, 03:04 AM