PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony Gonzalez: Play it Forward

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2015, 04:00 PM
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DSjWfGYG7YA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Strongside
04-13-2015, 04:03 PM
I'll give it a shot. Looks aight.

KCrockaholic
04-13-2015, 04:04 PM
I don't comprehend. Just a doc about his career on and off or is there something more to it?

kysirsoze
04-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Love Tony, but no chance I watch this.

ModSocks
04-13-2015, 04:05 PM
I liked Tony before i heard all the stories about how he treats fans.

KCrockaholic
04-13-2015, 04:06 PM
At least Chase Coffman made the documentary.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2015, 04:15 PM
I liked Tony before i heard all the stories about how he treats fans.

I have some first hand experience with him being an asshole to me when I was a teenager and star struck by him. He's a major reason I don't give two fucks about meeting celebrities.

KCrockaholic
04-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Media has always portrayed him as a kind person.

TribalElder
04-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Tony is lucky Russell Wilson didn't keep him from getting 1 playoff win in his career

Lord knows Matty ice was on full melt

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Not one fuck given.

kcxiv
04-13-2015, 06:35 PM
I have some first hand experience with him being an asshole to me when I was a teenager and star struck by him. He's a major reason I don't give two ****s about meeting celebrities.

in 1989 before my Bday, this shit happened to me with Mark McGwire. after an A's game all these kids would go to where the baseball players cars were parked and alot of the team would sign autographs after the game. Well Mark said hold on let me pull over right here so i can get out and sign. Well he faked parking and took off laughing! Im not going to lie i laughed my ass off (my twisted humor) i thought that shit was hilarious. Then again my Dad who's not a sports fan always told me to NEVER idolize them guys they are just people. I kinda took that with me so when i did meet them i never got over excited and what not.

One thing i will say is Jose Canseco back int he bash bro's days was cool as fuck to all the kids. Him and his wife at the time were awesome.

Chief Roundup
04-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your years of play. But yes as others have stated he is an ass for the most part.

Rausch
04-13-2015, 07:07 PM
Not one **** given.

This...

Easy 6
04-13-2015, 07:12 PM
No offense to you TW, but **** this guy and all of the past nothingness he brings with him... don't wanna see his old highlights, and don't wanna see his new highlights either.

Right or wrong he couldn't WAIT to get out of KC, so he went south and got nothing more... pretty damn fitting you ask me.

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2015, 07:19 PM
No offense to you TW, but **** this guy and all of the past nothingness he brings with him... don't wanna see his old highlights, and don't wanna see his new highlights either.

Right or wrong he couldn't WAIT to get out of KC, so he went south and got nothing more... pretty damn fitting you ask me.

It was on AP, take it or leave it. I thought some would be interested.

Easy 6
04-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Didn't mean to harsh your mellow, carry on kind sir.

BullJunkandIron
04-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Tony jumped ship. Ship on him.

InChiefsHeaven
04-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Never got the hate, but I never met him either. I liked him for his play on the field, but after he left KC...meh.

I'd watch it though I don't really know why.

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Tony jumped ship. Ship on him.

To be fair, it was sinking due to egomaniac that was Scott Pioli

kcxiv
04-13-2015, 09:01 PM
To be fair, it was sinking due to egomaniac that was Scott Pioli

it wasnt sinking, it was fucking sunk. It was so bad that Peyton Manning didnt even want to talk to Pioli. He just flat out didnt take his call and did NOT return it.

Ill never forget Pioli's dumb look in his face when they asked him why. lol

Hootie
04-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Tony is lucky Russell Wilson didn't keep him from getting 1 playoff win in his career

Lord knows Matty ice was on full melt
What in the ... I take it you didn't watch this game, eh?

Sure-Oz
04-13-2015, 10:08 PM
My mom met him once and he posed with her for a pic and he signed a card for me. Said he was nice and was with his family when he did it. Don't get the hate on a chiefs great except Larry Johnson.

DaKCMan AP
04-14-2015, 05:12 AM
My buddy worked on this doc. When he told me about the project I relayed to him that I wouldn't be interested, that Tony was a great player, and that from most accounts Tony was an ass to fans. One face in front of the media and another when the cameras were off.

Dayze
04-14-2015, 05:49 AM
Yeah. I met him once. Twas a dick.

TEX
04-14-2015, 07:38 AM
My mom met him once and he posed with her for a pic and he signed a card for me. Said he was nice and was with his family when he did it. Don't get the hate on a chiefs great except Larry Johnson.

Sounds like my experiences when meeting T.G. as well...

kysirsoze
04-14-2015, 08:35 AM

Is your mom hot?

kepp
04-14-2015, 08:43 AM
I have some first hand experience with him being an asshole to me when I was a teenager and star struck by him. He's a major reason I don't give two ****s about meeting celebrities.

He probably did you a favor. I can't stand celebrity worship. My wife has learned to quit giving me brangelina updates. I can understand these guys getting irritated by all the attention.

Radar Chief
04-14-2015, 09:13 AM

Sounds like my experiences when meeting T.G. as well...

You two are a couple of the very few I’ve ever heard from that ran into Tony and walked away with a positive experience. I’ve spoken with dozens of others that thought he was an ass, and DaKCMan AP nails why.

My buddy worked on this doc. When he told me about the project I relayed to him that I wouldn't be interested, that Tony was a great player, and that from most accounts Tony was an ass to fans. One face in front of the media and another when the cameras were off.

Fuck Tony. I've got nothing against him but I've got nothing for him either.

BlackHelicopters
04-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Is your mom hot?

Heh