BossChief
04-15-2015, 08:24 AM
Guilty of murder in the first degree

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:24 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty confident there is no sentencing discretion -- a life sentence without possibility of parole.

Eleazar
04-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Roll on two!

RealSNR
04-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Guilty of deflating footballs during the Colts playoff game

In58men
04-15-2015, 08:28 AM
@LAKEdwards: #AaronHernandez fiancée and mother sobbing in courtroom after jury finds him guilty of first degree murder http://t.co/mAFor6ivfB

Eleazar
04-15-2015, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure what defense he could have mounted that anyone would have believed.

BossChief
04-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Since this has to do with the Patriots, I'd also like to add that earlier they said on the radio that ESPN was told a couple weeks ago to stop talking about deflategate and that there is supposed to be a very detailed report about it sometime soon.

They mentioned something about text messages and other info the league has in connection to the scandal

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Obviously appeals will follow, but the judge sort of leaned in Hernandez's favor in terms of evidentiary issues etc. so I suspect he isn't terribly likely to win.

Next up, his trial for the double murder in Boston, where the prosecution has BETTER/STRONGER evidence than they did on this case (which was entirely circumstantial, but overwhelmingly so).

BossChief
04-15-2015, 08:35 AM
I wonder if he will ever get indicted in the murder when he was still at Florida.

dirk digler
04-15-2015, 08:35 AM
I don't understand why it took them so long to decide this. Must have been one hold out.

Hootie
04-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Who cares?

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:36 AM
I wonder if he will ever get indicted in the murder when he was still at Florida.

Murder in Florida, or the shooting in the face where teh guy didn't die? I'm not aware of a murder in Florida, but would be interested in hearing if there was one.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:37 AM
I don't understand why it took them so long to decide this. Must have been one hold out.

A ton of evidence. May have been some people just on the fence and they had to go through it carefully to convince them. Alot of possibilities. Certainly shows careful thought/consideration was given.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Who cares?

People who want to see justice given to the victims of a serial killer.

dirk digler
04-15-2015, 08:46 AM
A ton of evidence. May have been some people just on the fence and they had to go through it carefully to convince them. Alot of possibilities. Certainly shows careful thought/consideration was given.

I will be interested to hear what the jurors say. I bet there was one holdout. When the defense's case last less than a day that should make the decision easy.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:52 AM
I will be interested to hear what the jurors say. I bet there was one holdout. When the defense's case last less than a day that should make the decision easy.

The other possibility is that they were debating 1st degree vs 2nd degree murder.

Not up to the defense to prove innocence, so they don't need to present many/any witnesses. If the prosecution's case doesn't fit together, or if its witnesses aren't believable, then that alone is enough to acquit.

Scorp
04-15-2015, 08:52 AM
What a moron, his whole defense was he was there but didn't pull the trigger. Ummm if I drive my buddies to commit a crime, I am still guilty of whatever crime they commit. His Lawyer did a terrible job, they should of took a deal and testified against the guys that he says committed the murder. At least then he may not be facing life in prison.

WhawhaWhat
04-15-2015, 08:55 AM
His new cheerleaders won't look the same as the Patriots' cheerleaders.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/longestyard/cheerleaders.jpg

BullJunkandIron
04-15-2015, 08:56 AM
He seemed like such a nice guy. So peaceful and fun loving. Pats say miss you in the shower, bro.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 08:57 AM
What a moron, his whole defense was he was there but didn't pull the trigger. Ummm if I drive my buddies to commit a crime, I am still guilty of whatever crime they commit. His Lawyer did a terrible job, they should of took a deal and testified against the guys that he says committed the murder. At least then he may not be facing life in prison.

He had problems. First, he was the obvious ringleader. The other guys didn't even know the victim, really, and it's nearly impossible to point the finger at them. He also was funding their defense costs so they wouldnt' roll on them. If he rolled on those two, they both would've rolled on Hernandez, with both of them pointing at Hernandez as the ringleader.

You're right that he was a moron, but he wasn't a moron because of what he did AFTER the murders, he was a moron for HOW he committed the murders. The home security system. Killing him so close to his house. Texts and phone calls etc. setting up the hit. The gun. It goes on and on.

Frankly, he'd shot so many people before and go away with it, he was getting careless.

Baby Lee
04-15-2015, 08:58 AM
@LAKEdwards: #AaronHernandez fiancée and mother sobbing in courtroom after jury finds him guilty of first degree murder http://t.co/mAFor6ivfB

<iframe width="636" height="353" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h3jwaV35OS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100318024246

dirk digler
04-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Not up to the defense to prove innocence, so they don't need to present many/any witnesses. If the prosecution's case doesn't fit together, or if its witnesses aren't believable, then that alone is enough to acquit.

I agree but I don't believe that happened in this case which you have documented very well in post #26.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:05 AM
I agree but I don't believe that happened in this case which you have documented very well in post #26.

Very hard to speculate about what 12 random people will deal with or struggle with in a jury room. It could have been as simple as a few people saying "what was the motive?" 100 times, and the rest of them saying "it doesn't matter, he WAS there, Lloyd WAS killed, and then Hernandez hung out with his buds, the supposedly PCP-whacked psycho murderers the next day while destrying evidence. How can he possibly NOT have been involved?"

And round and round.

I'm sure one or more of them will write a book about it though... :D

Red Dawg
04-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Unbelievable. Freaking NFL star to murderer. He will be in prison till he is dead and he should be.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:09 AM
For those criticizing the defense -- those were some truly excellent defense lawyers. Michael Fee was an Assistant US Attorney with the feds for years and is with one of the largest/best firms in the country. Rankin and Sultan are Harvard Law guys.

Hernandez just made waaaay too many mistakes. Thankfully!

ghak99
04-15-2015, 09:10 AM
<iframe width="636" height="353" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h3jwaV35OS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What is "unlawful possession of ammunition"?

dirk digler
04-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Very hard to speculate about what 12 random people will deal with or struggle with in a jury room. It could have been as simple as a few people saying "what was the motive?" 100 times, and the rest of them saying "it doesn't matter, he WAS there, Lloyd WAS killed, and then Hernandez hung out with his buds, the supposedly PCP-whacked psycho murderers the next day while destrying evidence. How can he possibly NOT have been involved?"

And round and round.

I'm sure one or more of them will write a book about it though... :D

Regardless of how long it took at least they got it right so kudos to them. At least they aren't as stupid as most Florida juries.

Pennywise
04-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Talk about throwing your awesome life down the shitter...

Rain Man
04-15-2015, 09:30 AM

I wonder if she's going to call off the wedding, or if their true love will endure.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:34 AM

Seriously, has anyone gone from first to worst so far and so hard? He could be getting fitted for a Super Bowl ring RIGHT NOW, but instead he's getting fitted for an orange jumpsuit. JFC.

Huge contract, Tom Brady throwing him the ball and an attractive wife who had agreed to let him bang other chicks. And he pissed it all away because he's a dumbass thug.

Baby Lee
04-15-2015, 09:36 AM

Have you met Inmen?

Familiar with his football hot taeks?

Asking d/t your avatar.

CoMoChief
04-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Unbelievable. Freaking NFL star to murderer. He will be in prison till he is dead and he should be.

He should be taken out back and shot in the back of the head.

Would save taxpayers a couple/few million dollars from having to lock this motherfucker up in a federal prison for the next 55 or so yrs.

WhawhaWhat
04-15-2015, 09:37 AM
What is "unlawful possession of ammunition"?

Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 269 (http://www.bostoncriminallawyer.com/lawyer-attorney-1579153.html), Section 10(h) criminalizes the unlawful possession of ammunition. The crime of Unlawful Possession of Ammunition carries a penalty of up to 2 years in jail or House of Corrections.

In order to be convicted of the crime of Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, the prosecutor must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt:

That the defendant possess an item;
That item meets the legal definition of "ammunition"; and
That the defendant knew that he possessed that ammunition.

"Ammunition" is defined under Massachusetts law as cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun.

Baby Lee
04-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Seriously, has anyone gone from first to worst so far and so hard? He could be getting fitted for a Super Bowl ring RIGHT NOW, but instead he's getting fitted for an orange jumpsuit. JFC.

Huge contract, Tom Brady throwing him the ball and an attractive wife who had agreed to let him bang other chicks. And he pissed it all away because he's a dumbass thug.

Rae Carruth fell pretty far.

wazu
04-15-2015, 09:38 AM
I doubt he will be sexually violated in prison, at least for the next couple of decades, but I do hope that inmates crack on him for throwing away the dream life to join them in prison. Every day.

CoMoChief
04-15-2015, 09:41 AM

Um...OJ???

He wasn't convicted but the whole entire country knew he did it, and it wasn't too long before he was locked up again for armed robbery/kidnapping or whatever it was.

And if it wasn't for his stupid ass we wouldn't have the Kardashian whores in people's faces 24-7

Pennywise
04-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Have you met Inmen?

Familiar with his football hot taeks?

Asking d/t your avatar.

He seems like an ok guy from what I've seen him post in the Dinner thread.

Amnorix
"you are committed to MCI Cedar Junction for a term of your natural life without possibility of parole".

sweet

Beef Supreme
Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 269 (http://www.bostoncriminallawyer.com/lawyer-attorney-1579153.html), Section 10(h) criminalizes the unlawful possession of ammunition. The crime of Unlawful Possession of Ammunition carries a penalty of up to 2 years in jail or House of Corrections.

In order to be convicted of the crime of Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, the prosecutor must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt:

"Ammunition" is defined under Massachusetts law as cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun.

That definition seems to lack one essential thing. What is unlawful about it? A lot of people possess ammunition and know they possess ammunition.

The Franchise
04-15-2015, 09:43 AM
"you are committed to MCI Cedar Junction for a term of your natural life without possibility of parole".

sweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hernandez sentenced to MCI-Cedar Junction in Walpole, where he can probably hear Gillette Stadium on Sundays from the yard.</p>&mdash; Greg A. Bedard (@GregABedard) <a href="https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/588366256824328194">April 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:43 AM
I doubt he will be sexually violated in prison, at least for the next couple of decades, but I do hope that inmates crack on him for throwing away the dream life to join them in prison. Every day.

No, he will be the violator, and I'm sure he can group with some nice gang that shares his completely amoral outlook on life.

Meanwhile, he has a double murder trial coming up, plus civil lawsuits from the guy he shot in the face who lived, plus (presumably) Odin Lloyd's heirs and the heirs of the two dead guys in Boston.

Shayanna Jenkins may not have a meal ticket forever, which is fine, because she was clearly an accessory after the fact, and easily could have and should have served jail time also.

Pennywise
04-15-2015, 09:44 AM

I didn't know about his wife agreeing to let him step out. That makes it even worse. And I agree with you, he wins hands down on first to worst.

The Franchise
04-15-2015, 09:44 AM
No, he will be the violator, and I'm sure he can group with some nice gang that shares his completely amoral outlook on life.

Meanwhile, he has a double murder trial coming up, plus civil lawsuits from the guy he shot in the face who lived, plus (presumably) Odin Lloyd's heirs and the heirs of the two dead guys in Boston.

Shayanna Jenkins may not have a meal ticket forever, which is fine, because she was clearly an accessory after the fact, and easily could have and should have served jail time also.

Refresh my memory.....did he have to pay any money back to the Pats after he was charged?

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:46 AM
That definition seems to lack one essential thing. What is unlawful about it? A lot of people possess ammunition and know they possess ammunition.

It's a mediocre summary. Full text here:

https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/partiv/titlei/chapter269/section10

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:47 AM
I didn't know about his wife agreeing to let him step out. That makes it even worse. And I agree with you, he wins hands down on first to worst.

She did. Admitted it on the stand under oath. Basically said she had to if she wanted to keep him.

Baby Lee
04-15-2015, 09:47 AM
He seems like an ok guy from what I've seen him post in the Dinner thread.

I can concur with the specifics of this post.

lcarus
04-15-2015, 09:48 AM

Yep. To a lot of these gangsta douchebags, being "thug" is priority #1 no matter what. They're retarded.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Refresh my memory.....did he have to pay any money back to the Pats after he was charged?

Last I recall on this front there was a dispute with the union about whether the Patriots had to pay the balance of the signign bonus or something. I don't believe the Patriots ever got a dime BACK from Hernandez.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 09:52 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hernandez sentenced to MCI-Cedar Junction in Walpole, where he can probably hear Gillette Stadium on Sundays from the yard.</p>&mdash; Greg A. Bedard (@GregABedard) <a href="https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/588366256824328194">April 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

ROFL Another post said that he knows a garage mechanic near the prison and you definitely CAN hear the crowd roar at Gillette.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCpNF5jUkAAgr92.jpg

Ceej
04-15-2015, 10:12 AM
Later doucher.

ModSocks
04-15-2015, 10:14 AM
ROFL Another post said that he knows a garage mechanic near the prison and you definitely CAN hear the crowd roar at Gillette.

Judge trolled his ass hard.

CoMoChief
04-15-2015, 10:31 AM

Kraft/Belichik and their cronies will just break him out of jail and put him in a different # uniform with one of those visors just because they're cheating assholes and I would expect nothing less.

Marcellus
04-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Jurors must have wanted a few extra days off work. Can't believe they didn't announce the verdict about 15 minutes after the defense rested.

thabear04
http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/aaron-craft-meme-ohio-state-losing.jpg

MotherfuckerJones
I could care less. He's a piece of shit and is where he belongs.

ThaVirus
04-15-2015, 10:51 AM

Whoa, whoa. That is fucking awesome.

Fame, fortune, a young child, hot wife and a hall pass. What. A. Dumbshit.

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Whoa, whoa. That is fucking awesome.

Fame, fortune, a young child, hot wife and a hall pass. What. A. Dumbshit.

Very debatable.

ThaVirus
04-15-2015, 11:13 AM
I actually haven't even seen her. I was just taking Amno's word for it. I figured if an old ass white guy found a young Latina attractive then I probably would as well.

Off to Google!

TimBone
04-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Still better than a TimBone thread.
Inmen, you silly.

hawkchief
04-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Shanks a lot, Aaron!

ThaVirus
04-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Oh, wow. So his wife isn't even Latina, looks like she's just straight up black. And she's not even all that attractive. I'd say she's about a 6, maybe.

I was all wrong.

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Oh, wow. So his wife isn't even Latina, looks like she's just straight up black. And she's not even all that attractive. I'd say she's about a 6, maybe.

I was all wrong.

;)

Coogs
04-15-2015, 11:59 AM

I was all wrong.

I could see where you would take Amno's word for it. Most all of his additions to the "Pictures" pages are usually pretty fine looking gals.

Amnorix
04-15-2015, 01:04 PM
She's not my cup of tea, and certainly isn't a stunner like Welker's wife or anything, but she's not hideous or anything. :shrug:

But, as ThaVirus said -- Hall Pass. For a guy like Hernandez, that is worth quite a bit.

The Franchise
04-15-2015, 01:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dawg... They said Aaron Hernandez fiancé looks like Bow Wow �������� <a href="http://t.co/DqXIM4vpYw">pic.twitter.com/DqXIM4vpYw</a></p>&mdash; King Daddy Alexander (@FameAdventura) <a href="https://twitter.com/FameAdventura/status/588422592953974785">April 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
04-15-2015, 01:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Smh RT <a href="https://twitter.com/YourFavoriteZoe">@YourFavoriteZoe</a>: DAMN RT <a href="https://twitter.com/ProfSpiker">@ProfSpiker</a>: Aaron Hernandez All-American brick coming down. <a href="http://t.co/Ibi497lXUW">pic.twitter.com/Ibi497lXUW</a></p>&mdash; Damien (@KingDamien21) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingDamien21/status/588382871615709185">April 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

JD10367
04-15-2015, 02:24 PM
From tight end to wide receiver.

Beef Supreme
04-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Would.

Baby Lee
04-15-2015, 02:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dawg... They said Aaron Hernandez fiancé looks like Bow Wow �������� <a href="http://t.co/DqXIM4vpYw">pic.twitter.com/DqXIM4vpYw</a></p>&mdash; King Daddy Alexander (@FameAdventura) <a href="https://twitter.com/FameAdventura/status/588422592953974785">April 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

She looks like if they commissioned a Vanessa Williams Bratz doll.

gblowfish
04-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Gotta Love The Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/pro-football-hall-of-fame-removes-aaron-hernandezs%2C33161/

Rain Man
04-15-2015, 03:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Smh RT <a href="https://twitter.com/YourFavoriteZoe">@YourFavoriteZoe</a>: DAMN RT <a href="https://twitter.com/ProfSpiker">@ProfSpiker</a>: Aaron Hernandez All-American brick coming down. <a href="http://t.co/Ibi497lXUW">pic.twitter.com/Ibi497lXUW</a></p>&mdash; Damien (@KingDamien21) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingDamien21/status/588382871615709185">April 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

I find that stuff interesting. I guess I can see taking it out, but are they not going to count him when they summarize their all-Americans in the future? Sometimes this revisionist history stuff bothers me.

And if they're taking blocks out, they might as well take Pouncey's block out since it's right next to Hernandez's. It'll save them some time and cost over doing it a few years from now when Pouncey goes to prison.

banyon
04-15-2015, 03:14 PM
It's a mediocre summary. Full text here:

https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/partiv/titlei/chapter269/section10

Looks to me like it is unlawful to possess ammo if you don't have a license to have a firearm in Mass.

That definition was bad, don't hire that lawyer.

The licensing statute is here:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129C

Section 129C. No person, other than a licensed dealer or one who has been issued a license to carry a pistol or revolver or an exempt person as hereinafter described, shall own or possess any firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition unless he has been issued a firearm identification card by the licensing authority pursuant to the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B....

ghak99
04-15-2015, 04:02 PM

:spock:

ghak99
04-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Looks to me like it is unlawful to possess ammo if you don't have a license to have a firearm in Mass.

That definition was bad, don't hire that lawyer.

The licensing statute is here:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129C

Section 129C. No person, other than a licensed dealer or one who has been issued a license to carry a pistol or revolver or an exempt person as hereinafter described, shall own or possess any firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition unless he has been issued a firearm identification card by the licensing authority pursuant to the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B....

Ah, so he didn't have a state issued id card to own a gun, which would have allowed him to own ammunition. Massachusetts sounds like a pain in the ass.

...at least the laws are working. LMAO

Baby Lee
04-15-2015, 04:19 PM
For those criticizing the defense -- those were some truly excellent defense lawyers. Michael Fee was an Assistant US Attorney with the feds for years and is with one of the largest/best firms in the country. Rankin and Sultan are Harvard Law guys.

Hernandez just made waaaay too many mistakes. Thankfully!

http://deadspin.com/jurors-say-aaron-hernandezs-defense-was-baffling-1697994540?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=wednesdayPM