PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Pick 4/18

kccrow
04-18-2015, 10:46 AM
The following players are off the board in Round 1, who are you taking?

Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa
La'el Collins, OL, LSU
Ereck Flowers, OL, Miami
Shane Ray, EDGE, Missouri
Alvin Dupree, EDGE, Kentucky
Dante Fowler, EDGE, Florida
Vic Beasley, EDGE, Clemson
Randy Gregory, EDGE, Nebraska
Leonard Williams, DL, Southern California
Danny Shelton, DL, Washington
Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State

TambaBerry
04-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Bj Finney

Urc Burry
04-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Want: Peters

Think it will be: Kevin Johnson or Kendricks

kccrow
04-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Bj Finney

Damn. The disease Direckshun caught has been passed on and it is mutating.

milkman
04-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Jalen Collins.

TambaBerry
04-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Want: Peters

Think it will be: Kevin Johnson or Kendricks

Be happy with any of these

The Franchise
04-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Kevin Johnson

Direckshun
04-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Erving, obviously.

Peters or Kevin Johnson if they check out, and any number of passrushers if the Houston situation is hopeless.

bsp4444
04-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Hate to say it, but prolly take Cam Erving here and follow up with one of the ILBs or WRs in the 2nd.

TambaBerry
04-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Kevin Johnson

This is the guy I want the most if the top 3 wr aren't there

RealSNR
04-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Todd McShay just said that Marcus Peters is the best pure cover corner in this draft.

What did he do wrong? Had a sideline tirade against Eastern Washington, got suspended for a game, then had a run-in with an assistant coach, got booted off the team.

He's not doing drugs, hanging out with shady people, or being a lazy shit head. This is the kind of attitude that can be tamed, especially if he's already been punished for his transgressions in college.

It's up to Dorsey to make that decision in the interview process, but on paper, I don't see any reason why his talent doesn't outweigh the character risk (which is way overblown).

Marcus Peters has been my #1 most wanted player for months. I'm sticking with it.

Urc Burry
04-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Todd McShay just said that Marcus Peters is the best pure cover corner in this draft.

What did he do wrong? Had a sideline tirade against Eastern Washington, got suspended for a game, then had a run-in with an assistant coach, got booted off the team.

He's not doing drugs, hanging out with shady people, or being a lazy shit head. This is the kind of attitude that can be tamed, especially if he's already been punished for his transgressions in college.

It's up to Dorsey to make that decision in the interview process, but on paper, I don't see any reason why his talent doesn't outweigh the character risk (which is way overblown).

Marcus Peters has been my #1 most wanted player for months. I'm sticking with it.
Me too. He's mouthy, but aren't all the great corners? I love his competitiveness and think he'll be a top 5 corner in the league

The Franchise
04-18-2015, 11:56 AM

I don't think he'll be there at 18.

jonzie04
04-18-2015, 12:13 PM
a quote from december

"Best cover corner prospect I've seen in the last 14 years." -- NFC East scout on Washington CB Marcus Peters

i've been pimping peters since november, had him in every one of my mock drafts. the guy is without a doubt a top 5-10 talent. i'd love to have him. and i usually dont play the "x wont be there at x spot game" because none of us have any idea. but i very highly doubt peters is gone at #18. it's very difficult to see him being taken before waynes and johnson, maybe even collins, and i'm sure there are a few teams who have him removed from their board entirely.

RealSNR
04-18-2015, 12:29 PM
a quote from december

"Best cover corner prospect I've seen in the last 14 years." -- NFC East scout on Washington CB Marcus Peters

i've been pimping peters since november, had him in every one of my mock drafts. the guy is without a doubt a top 5-10 talent. i'd love to have him. and i usually dont play the "x wont be there at x spot game" because none of us have any idea. but i very highly doubt peters is gone at #18. it's very difficult to see him being taken before waynes and johnson, maybe even collins, and i'm sure there are a few teams who have him removed from their board entirely.

Tyrann Mathieu had far more serious concerns, and while he was drafted in the middle rounds, he's proof that a run in with an assistant coach in college doesn't mean that player can't change and be everything he's supposed to be.

If Peters is there, we have GOT to take him. A shutdown corner like that coupled with our pass rush? Holy shit.

OldSchool
04-18-2015, 01:29 PM
I would jump at Peters as well. Who knows what's going to happen with Sean Smith and we need a 3rd corner anyways.

LoneWolf
04-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Bj Finney

I would love to see BJ Finney drafted by KC in the later rounds. He's from my hometown.

Saccopoo
04-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Hate to say it, but prolly take Cam Erving here and follow up with one of the ILBs or WRs in the 2nd.

Last edited by bsp4444; Today at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Stupidity

fyp

Chief Roundup
04-18-2015, 04:38 PM
DL, CB, ILB

Saccopoo
04-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Maybe Eric Rowe.

He's the best press man corner in this draft and that's what Sutton runs. Seriously. He is. And he checks ever Dorsey box better than anyone else in this draft.

Maybe Arik Armstead.

At 6'7", 300 lb., he's a beast against the run and has the athleticism, strength and length to be an absolute terror as a three tech in a 34. DeVito is coming of a ruptured achilles and is soon to be 31 years old. Armstead/Poe/Bailey?

Dante84
04-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Maybe Eric Rowe.

He's the best press man corner in this draft and that's what Sutton runs. Seriously. He is. And he checks ever Dorsey box better than anyone else in this draft.

Maybe Arik Armstead.

At 6'7", 300 lb., he's a beast against the run and has the athleticism, strength and length to be an absolute terror as a three tech in a 34. DeVito is coming of a ruptured achilles and is soon to be 31 years old. Armstead/Poe/Bailey?

Does Mayock pronounce it "Eric?"

- Arik Berry.

TRR
04-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Eric Kendricks or Breshad Perriman. I feel as strongly about Kendricks as I did when DJ was coming out of Texas. He's not flashy, he just plays so consistently well it's almost boring. Perriman needs some time to develop, but he'll be a solid WR for years to come if given the proper environment.

Round 2/3 will be very important this year. KC needs to land a #2 receiver in the worst way. They simply cannot rely on Avant or whatever Wilson may be to get to the next level.

Meatloaf
04-18-2015, 05:08 PM
I was initially on Jaelen Strong, but now I'm moving more and more towards Breshad Perriman as I really like his YAC ability. That said, I still think the Chiefs will draft Malcom Brown (which wouldn't be a bad selection either).

bsp4444
04-18-2015, 06:15 PM
fyp

I remember when you were new here and your takes were not all that great, so maybe cool it a bit.

RealSNR
04-18-2015, 07:54 PM
I remember when you were new here and your takes were not all that great, so maybe cool it a bit.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1824195/gorilla-walking-o.gif

KevB
04-18-2015, 08:10 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1824195/gorilla-walking-o.gif

Holy crap, that's a funny gif I haven't seen before. Well done.

RunKC
04-18-2015, 08:34 PM
I really like Marcus Peters talent, but I think that Arik Armstead will be in play in this situation.
There are reports that Armstead won't get past the 49ers at 15 though.

I'll throw out another name that hasn't been talked about much: Malcom Brown. I really like his talent and he would do extremely well in our defense.

Willie Lanier
04-18-2015, 09:03 PM

100% this, he is a rare talent, and firey doesn't scare me away

Direckshun
04-18-2015, 10:52 PM
I 100% trust Dorsey on Peters. If we draft him I'll be thrilled, because Dorsey's got an excellent read on character so far. I don't see it, though.

Has there been a more overrated prospect than Armstead this year? He was the heart of a defense that gave up a record amount of yardage on the ground against Ohio State. Armstead was on rollerskates all day.

TRR
04-19-2015, 07:30 AM

Unfortunately Peters has made several terrible decisions. More than you allude to. Here's a paragraph from an article on Peters.

As well as failing a drug test in 2011, Peters was suspended in 2013 for academic problems, banned from working out by Washington coaches in the 2014 offseason, suspended for a game last year for head-butting an opponent and throwing a sideline tantrum, suspended again for being late to team meetings and finally kicked off the team by coach Chris Petersen after missing a practice.

There are allegations that Peters strangled an assistant coach ultimately leading to him being removed from the team.

Al Bundy
04-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Todd Gurley

Saccopoo
04-19-2015, 10:02 AM

Sorry man.

I'm just not up for using a first rounder on a OT this year with Fisher, Stephenson, Allen and Sherrod on the roster. And I'm completely serious about Cam Erving being a tackle rather than a center. He made a Barrett Jones switch for the benefit of the team, but, unlike Jones (who does have five position versatility), he's really a much better tackle prospect than an interior line guy.

In addition, this was his third position change in three years while at Florida State, going from defensive tackle/end his freshman year to offensive tackle (sophomore and junior years) to center (senior year).

He is a very talented, athletic football player. He's got long arms, long legs and good functional strength. He moves his feet well, has a good kick step and uses his arm length effectively. If we had a real situation at right tackle, I'd probably be pretty adamant about drafting Cam Erving this year. I think his upside at RT is pretty freaking high. But I think we've got RT covered with Stephenson, Allen and Sherrod. One of those guys is going to work out.

However, I don't think his upside at center is as much. While he played the position and played it effectively - for one, single year, he doesn't set and anchor as well and doesn't come up with as much quick power and leverage as you'll need at the NFL level for the center spot.

He is a project. A rather big one. A potentially talented project, especially for the OT spot, but a massive project at C that probably won't pan out as well as you are expecting it to.

Left Tackle:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sBJgixm_AWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Center:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_J16AajIgEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hot chick covering Oasis:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fk8oBPatupQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post script: My takes have always been totally balls. From Day One.

kccrow
04-19-2015, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't be the team to take Peters in round 1. He's insanely talented. He could end up pulling it together a bit like Aqib Talib. There is also the flip side that isn't so glorious. I don't think you take those types of chances in round 1. Same theory with DGB. I like the talent on the field, but there is enough away from the field that it is tough to take such a big risk with such an important pick.

As for Erving and what Sac wrote, I agree. I think Grasu is the best overall center prospect. I would be very accepting of a draft with him in the 2nd round.

BigChiefFan
04-20-2015, 07:27 AM
Jaelen Strong
Jordan Phillips
Eddie Goldman
Malcolm Brown
Marcus Peters
Andrus Peat
Cameron Erving

redshirt32
04-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Nelson Agholor

ct
04-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Byron Jones
Jalen Collins
Malcolm Brown
Andreas Peat
TJ Clemmings

also like Eric Kendricks, but think we can get similar player @49 (Stephone Anthony?)

The Franchise
04-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Kevin Johnson
Nelson Agholor
Marcus Peters

O.city
04-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Peters
dgb
kendricks

Couch-Potato
04-23-2015, 06:35 PM
I've also come around and jumped on Peter's bandwagon. Several others I like as well but he'd be a solid pick!

kccrow
04-23-2015, 06:50 PM
I've also come around and jumped on Peter's bandwagon. Several others I like as well but he'd be a solid pick!

There's just something about this sentence that seems rather... umm... gay.
:hmmm:

Urc Burry
04-23-2015, 08:20 PM
Peters
dgb
kendricks

Pretty much my list... DGB being at the bottom tho. Kendricks can step in and vastly improve our run D.

Chiefnj2
04-24-2015, 08:41 AM
M. Peters - head case. Run-ins and problems with two different coaching staffs. Dismissed from program. You can't risk the #18 on someone like that.

B. Jones - Where was he ranked before the broad jump?

K. Johnson - thin lower body. Not really a top 20 talent.

Saccopoo
04-24-2015, 05:59 PM
M. Peters - head case. Run-ins and problems with two different coaching staffs. Dismissed from program. You can't risk the #18 on someone like that.

B. Jones - Where was he ranked before the broad jump?

K. Johnson - thin lower body. Not really a top 20 talent.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Stephen-Colbert-Go-On-Yes-Nod-On-The-Colbert-Report.gif