PDA

View Full Version : Football Jags sign Wisniewski

The Franchise
04-18-2015, 11:33 AM
www.rotoworld.com

Jaguars signed C Stefen Wisniewski, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year deal.

Recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, the deal is likely of the "prove it" variety after Wisniewski struggled to find the money he was looking for in free agency. Barely 26 and with four years of above-average tape already in hand, Wisniewski is a great bet to rehab his value and come back in a stronger negotiating position next offseason. Wisniewski should slide into center beside LG Zane Beadles and RG Brandon Linder with Luke Joeckel starting left tackle and newly-signed Jermey Parnell holding down the right side of the Jags' offensive line

RealSNR
04-18-2015, 11:34 AM
That's actually a very good offensive line right there. Blake Bortles should have no excuses about protection.

The Franchise
04-18-2015, 11:36 AM
That's actually a very good offensive line right there. Blake Bortles should have no excuses about protection.

Well except that Joeckel still has issues like Fisher. Other than that though ....it's good

RealSNR
04-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Joeckel- 1st rounder- 2nd overall pick
Beadles- free agency
Wisniewski- free agency
Linder- 3rd rounder
Parnell- free agency

Look at that interior offensive line. Very solid play across the board, and they didn't spend a single lousy first round pick from LG through RG.

Do you people see now why going the route of the Cowboys is just plain fucking overkill and takes too goddamn long to build up top quality?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Beadles- free agency
Wisniewski- free agency
Linder- 3rd rounder
Parnell- free agency

Look at that interior offensive line. Very solid play across the board, and they didn't spend a single lousy first round pick from LG through RG.

Do you people see now why going the route of the Cowboys is just plain fucking overkill and takes too goddamn long to build up top quality?

The only kind of line you need to succeed.

ChiefGator
04-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Too bad.. I was hoping we would manage to sign him.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Beadles - 2nd round pick
Wisniewski - 2nd round pick
Linder - 3rd rounder

jonzie04
04-18-2015, 01:03 PM
the jags have a good chance to turn things around. they have a very nice nucleus of young talent on offense. they really had a great draft last year.

jdubya
04-18-2015, 05:39 PM
I think some are over rating Wis. He is an average center at best. I`ve watched almost all his games. He is a semi weak run blocker, average pass blocker and average center with snaps. He is known to send crazy shotgun snaps left, right or over the head too many times for comfort. He also is responsible for many delay of games. While Carr is screaming and clapping his hands for a snap, Wis continues to make protection calls at the line until the refs blow the whistle and down come the yellow flags. Even raider fans aren`t upset at his leaving.

OnTheWarpath15
04-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Beadles- free agency
Wisniewski- free agency
Linder- 3rd rounder
Parnell- free agency

Dallas was able to spend all that draft capital because they already had Dez, Witten and Murray. And even then, they did so at the expense of their defense.

You'll never convince me that spending early picks on OL is a good idea.

xztop123
04-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Darn that was the last FA piece that i thought would allow us to BPA this draft

Pasta Little Brioni
04-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Darn that was the last FA piece that i thought would allow us to BPA this draft

They still can do that. No reason at all the OL they have now should not be serviceable.

RealSNR
04-18-2015, 06:11 PM
I think some are over rating Wis. He is an average center at best. I`ve watched almost all his games. He is a semi weak run blocker, average pass blocker and average center with snaps. He is known to send crazy shotgun snaps left, right or over the head too many times for comfort. He also is responsible for many delay of games. While Carr is screaming and clapping his hands for a snap, Wis continues to make protection calls at the line until the refs blow the whistle and down come the yellow flags. Even raider fans aren`t upset at his leaving.

As a rookie, Linder was probably a better overall guard than Zach Martin, even. And Beadles is also a top 10 at LG. That should be plenty of success to cover up any of Wisniewski's faults.

I didn't want Wisniewski, either. Since we lost Hudson, I've been advocating to sign some guy like Brian de la Puente to a one-year deal and let he and Kush duke it out in training camp.

We didn't get the best option in Rodney Hudson, and the best of the draft isn't very good at all, nor is it a cost-effective solution. Therefore, we should draft a backup guy for competition, bring in cheap veteran help, and see what Kush has. We're going to have to get creative with the C solution this year.

The only other option is to blow our wad on a guy like Erving who isn't even remotely close to being a polished college prospect.

RealSNR
04-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Green Bay actually HAS a real QB, and when Scott Wells got to be too old and expensive, their solution was to draft JC Tretter.

Tretter got injured for the year in training camp, but as it turns out they already had Evan Dietrich Smith, an already very good starting C already on the roster. His contract was up and he took the money with another team in free agency. Once again, instead of blowing their brains out in a panic, the Packers merely drafted a kid in the middle rounds in Corey Linsley, who won the job over JC Tretter and is now their C of the future.

The Packers have been "screwed" just like we currently are at starting C for two consecutive offseasons, and each time they got high quality play from the C position while not overpaying in free agency or going bonkers by reaching on a player in the draft.

They're just as valid and important of a case study to look at as a model for our dilemma at C as the Cowboys, who reached on Travis Frederick but got good production from him.

Rausch
04-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Beadles- free agency
Wisniewski- free agency
Linder- 3rd rounder
Parnell- free agency

Do you people see now why going the route of the Cowboys is just plain ****ing overkill and takes too goddamn long to build up top quality?

Even DV's line of bulldozers didn't require multiple 1st round picks...

Jiu Jitsu Jon
04-18-2015, 11:07 PM

:clap:

Saccopoo
04-19-2015, 10:50 AM
the jags have a good chance to turn things around. they have a very nice nucleus of young talent on offense. they really had a great draft last year.

I also think Gus Bradley is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

They've got a chance.

Discuss Thrower
04-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Dallas was able to spend all that draft capital because they already had Dez, Witten and Murray. And even then, they did so at the expense of their defense.

You'll never convince me that spending early picks on OL is a good idea.

Only if it's a guy that you know is 80% NFL ready to start the year and it's at a spot that is literally the weakest point on the line.

RealSNR
04-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Only if it's a guy that you know is 80% NFL ready to start the year and it's at a spot that is literally the weakest point on the line.

Those players don't exist.

Even Chance Warmack struggled his rookie year. Really, I don't know if he's STILL any good. I haven't bothered to investigate.

Discuss Thrower
04-19-2015, 11:54 AM
That's like, you know, your opinion, man.

Easy 6
04-19-2015, 12:04 PM
They can have him and his dodgy shoulder, we'll grab someone after camp cuts.

Saccopoo
04-19-2015, 02:21 PM

http://profootballspot.com/uploads/b9d69efe787f3b522c5e07491beb6912.jpg

Third round.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Third round.

Learning...

The Franchise
04-20-2015, 09:49 AM
So it looks like it was a 1 year, $2.5 million dollar deal.

Titty Meat
04-20-2015, 10:13 AM
I also think Gus Bradley is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

They've got a chance.

Yeah his 7-25 record is great