PDA

View Full Version : I agree with Terez-Malcom Brown

RunKC
04-19-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm slotting this guy as our first round pick.

18 Chiefs

DT Malcom Brown, 6-2, 320, Texas

Chiefs general manager John Dorsey has shown a tendency to draft a year ahead of need. Positions that figure to be needs in 2016 are cornerback and yes, defensive end, thanks to the looming free agencies of Jaye Howard and Mike DeVito. The Chiefs just paid another defensive end, Allen Bailey, a ton of money, so they might be looking to lock in a potential impact player at a fairly cheap cost. A heck of an option is Brown, a talented three-technique interior lineman who excels at shooting gaps and being disruptive. He has the potential to be a three-down lineman, which is important in today’s pass-happy NFL.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article18866343.html#/tabPane=tabs-b0710947-1-1#storylink=cpy

▪ What the Chiefs look for: The Chiefs run a 3-4 defense, but with the way the league has become so pass heavy over the last few years, finding players who can rush the passer has never been more important. Defensive coordinator Bob Sutton uses the stout five-technique run stuffer that immediately springs to mind when one thinks of a 3-4 defensive end, but he also likes to use a three-technique tackle who shoots gaps and generates pressure.

▪ Chiefs’ needs: The Chiefs signed Allen Bailey to a four-year extension during the 2014 season, so he’ll be a starter along with Mike DeVito, who is recovering from an Achilles injury but took a pay cut to stay one more season. The Chiefs also have a talented young player in the mix in Jaye Howard, who was the starter last year after DeVito went down. Howard, however, will be a free agent after the season while another promising youngster, Mike Catapano, will look to re-establish himself after his 2014 season was wiped out because of a bizarre bout with a gastrointestinal virus and a concussion.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/article18859686.html#storylink=cpy

RealSNR
04-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Can he make our run defense not suck shit?

TambaBerry
04-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Outside of wr and cb this is the only other position I wouldn't be pissed about.

Direckshun
04-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Malcom Brown is a hell of a specimen. 320 lbs and can run a 5.0 -- that's not Dontari Poe quality, but it's not far off.

Guy has a bright future so long as he ends up with a great coach, but I don't think it's in Kansas City.

Sutton's defense drops into dime packages at least 50% of the time, so there's only meaningful playing time for two linemen, and the Chiefs already have those guys locked down in Poe and Bailey.

Secondly, and this isn't as big a deal, but Brown is an excellent penetrator and will need considerable work on his run defense. He's got the ability to thrive at that, but the Chiefs need more run-stuffers at the position, not penetrators. They've already got Poe, Bailey, Howard, and potentially Catapano.

gonefishin53
04-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Great pick. The best way to take advantage of the loudest home crowd in the NFL is with a dominant interior Dline. Early pressure to disrupt the run blocking scheme and put pressure on the QB. Edge rushers can get more sacks when the interior Dline allows the QB no room to climb the pocket.

O.city
04-19-2015, 08:45 PM
I'd take Brown and find a place to put him. Screw the whole, 43 34 crap.