PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Isn't Winston basically just Byron Leftwich?

Mr. Laz
04-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Jameis Winston a right handed version of Byron Leftwich

loopy,slow throwing motion
heavy-footed pocket presence

discuss .....

Molitoth
04-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Pretty much.

Faddy Yomama
04-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Byron Leftwich is right handed.

The Franchise
04-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Because he's black?

Red Dawg
04-20-2015, 09:26 AM
From a football stand point they will be the same. They will be different because Byron is not a crappy douche and Winston is. He will get arrested and act like an ass once he gets paid.

Stryker
04-20-2015, 09:27 AM
He will be more like Josh Freeman

kcbubb
04-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Winston's throwing motion is much better than leftwich. And Winston has more character concerns than leftwich.

KC native
04-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Because he's black?

No, because he's a rapist.

Eleazar
04-20-2015, 09:30 AM
He will be more like Josh Freeman

Good comparison. He is probably Freeman playing on a much better college team.

RealSNR
04-20-2015, 09:49 AM
He's either Byron Leftwich, Vince Young, Akili Smith, Randall Cunningham, Josh Freeman, Michael Vick, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Donovan McNabb, Tarvaris Jackson, Warren Moon, Jason Campbell, Aaron Brooks, Doug Williams, or Jamarcus Russell. I'm just not sure which one, though.

KC native
04-20-2015, 09:50 AM
He's either Byron Leftwich, Vince Young, Akili Smith, Randall Cunningham, Josh Freeman, Michael Vick, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Donovan McNabb, Tarvaris Jackson, Warren Moon, Jason Campbell, Aaron Brooks, Doug Williams, or Jamarcus Russell. I'm just not sure which one, though.

LMAO

Saul Good
04-20-2015, 09:52 AM
He reminds me of Akili Smith with a little Warren Moon/Daunte Culpepper mixed in.

Discuss Thrower
04-20-2015, 09:53 AM
Glad to see people want to know what I think k

KC native
04-20-2015, 09:53 AM
He reminds me of Akili Smith with a little Warren Moon/Daunte Culpepper mixed in.

His mom must have had fun at that orgy.

KCUnited
04-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Mix between Casey Printers and Darren Sharper.

KC native
04-20-2015, 09:57 AM

Sexcellent.

Sully
04-20-2015, 10:06 AM

Mark Chmura, as well.

KCUnited
04-20-2015, 10:21 AM
He's like David Garrard with healthier bowels.

Bowser
04-20-2015, 10:54 AM
He's like David Garrard with healthier bowels.

What, nobody is going to comment on how shitty this post is?

rtmike
04-20-2015, 10:59 AM
I never paid attention to Left witch until a talking head broke down his circle wind up when he threw. :eek:

Eleazar
04-20-2015, 11:59 AM
What, nobody is going to comment on how shitty this post is?

You seem kind of irritable.

Mav
04-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Jameis Winston a right handed version of Byron Leftwich

loopy,slow throwing motion

heavy-footed pocket presence

discuss .....

Uh. Leftwich was right handed.

FringeNC
04-20-2015, 12:10 PM
I don't know if he is going to be any good. I think this board vastly over-estimates the ability to project from college to pro.

The whole Geno Smith thing was hilarious -- for years, this board ridiculed spread offense passing numbers, until Geno came along. Then if you suggested Geno's numbers were not very meaningful because he came from an Air Raid system, you were a racist.

What makes a top ten NFL QB? There is simply no blueprint.

Eleazar
04-20-2015, 12:18 PM
I don't know if he is going to be any good. I think this board vastly over-estimates the ability to project from college to pro.

The whole Geno Smith thing was hilarious -- for years, this board ridiculed spread offense passing numbers, until Geno came along. Then if you suggested Geno's numbers were not very meaningful because he came from an Air Raid system, you were a racist.

Everyone who cared about facts saw what happened to Geno Smith when he wasn't playing in the Big East anymore, and how he handled himself in advance of the draft. If anyone was still on board with him after that, objectivity wasn't a concern for them.

RealSNR
04-20-2015, 12:40 PM

Wrong. The board stopped ridiculing QBs from spread offenses when Blaine Gabbert came along. Then it was cool.

Remember 2012 as well. RGIII had a flaming shit ton of backers. Direckshun liked Brandon Weeden. There were a lot of people who were big fans of Nick Foles as well.

CP had gotten over its spread QB prejudice long before the 2013 draft.

BossChief
04-20-2015, 01:53 PM
CP stopped caring about the spread as a detraction of a qbs ability when the spread concepts got more and more play on Sundays.

Mav
04-20-2015, 02:36 PM
The thing about Winston is ability wise he has it all. He's a little careless with the football, but that's stuff he can learn from.

What concerns me is his dedication to the game. Will he put in the time in the film room? Is he a leader, and will he steal more crab legs. But from a qb on the field stand point I have no questions about him.

Saccopoo
04-20-2015, 02:50 PM
The thing about Winston is ability wise he has it all. He's a little careless with the football, but that's stuff he can learn from.

What concerns me is his dedication to the game. Will he put in the time in the film room? Is he a leader, and will he steal more crab legs. But from a qb on the field stand point I have no questions about him.

From a measurables standpoint, other than his height/weight, he's significantly below the other QB's this year.

<iframe src="http://mockdraftable.com/player_embed/4777/selected/graph/" width="500" height="620" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Those are not elite numbers. At all.

From a measurables (height, weight, athletics, etc.) perspective, he's amazingly close to Jamarcus Russell. Big armed, less than ideal accuracy. Both show up to their pro days with a gut.

"I started playing football at the age of six. I've been playing quarterback ever since. I was always bigger and taller than the other kids, and I was always able to throw it a pretty good length of the field."

Mav
04-20-2015, 04:40 PM
No he's not. He has a big arm. He can make all the throws. He has some mechanical things that cause balls to sail that will be adjusted. He's clutch, he has a short memory and isn't afraid of the big moments. What elite numbers are you referring to?