PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Free agents still out there

chiefzilla1501
04-29-2015, 05:29 AM
Chris Myers - center
Great option for the Chiefs. Stopgap. Insurance if kush is no good.

Joe Barksdale - right tackle
If he's cheap.... Better than anyone we have. At worst, you have quality depth

Brandon spikes - inside lb
Probably won't be that expensive. Finally gives us 2 true ILBs and gives us the run thumper we need. Considering the POS talent we've played with, this could make our defense really damn good

CoMoChief
04-29-2015, 05:34 AM
Brandon Spikes is slower than dog shit rolling up hill - no thanks.

chiefzilla1501
04-29-2015, 05:37 AM

The Chiefs need not 1, but 2 ILBs, because they need to ultimately plan to replace DJ in a few years if not sooner. The Chiefs badly need someone in the middle of the back 7 who can stop the run. Especially with Berry out.

If he's cheap, he's a perfect fit for what the Chiefs need now and a clear upgrade over Mauga.

Shox
04-29-2015, 08:10 AM
ILB is a position that concerns me the most, because I don't see much help in the draft.

BossChief
04-29-2015, 08:14 AM
They should trade for Kendrick from the Eagles and draft his brother in the second.

Spikes would be a good get on a 1 or 2 year minimal deal, but he runs a 5 flat. Teams run a no huddle when he's on the field to get his lacking speed matched up against...well, basically anyone.

Coochie liquor
04-29-2015, 08:16 AM

Omfg, that's pretty damn slow.

RealSNR
04-29-2015, 08:33 AM
The Chiefs need not 1, but 2 ILBs, because they need to ultimately plan to replace DJ in a few years if not sooner. The Chiefs badly need someone in the middle of the back 7 who can stop the run. Especially with Berry out.

If he's cheap, he's a perfect fit for what the Chiefs need now and a clear upgrade over Mauga.

Sutton doesn't put those guys on the field. We don't even bother acquiring them. We didn't do it with Akeem Jordan, and we didn't do it with last year's guys either.

It's kind of like the dream we all seem to have of getting a good backup NT to spell Poe, or so we can move him to DE like Ngata. We haven't been doing it, and we haven't even been TRYING to do it. The Chiefs probably aren't interested in acquiring a player like that, or they don't think one would be very valuable.

DaneMcCloud
04-29-2015, 09:24 AM
People need to get over the idea that the Chiefs defense needs a "thumper". It doesn't.

It needs A Bobby Wagner and a Malcom Smith.

The Franchise
04-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Trade for Mychal Kendricks.

I think it'll be Allen vs. Stephenson in TC for the RT job.

DJ's left nut
04-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Brian De Le Puente remains the best option at C for us.

I gotta believe he's close to taking the league minimum just to latch on somewhere.

The Franchise
04-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Brian De Le Puente remains the best option at C for us.

I gotta believe he's close to taking the league minimum just to latch on somewhere.

I'd definitely give him a call if they don't draft a backup for behind Kush this week.