PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs *****The Mitch Morse Thread*****

Pages : [1] 2

Dante84
05-01-2015, 06:36 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fG-FpQqZAO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BzVRjYaXSJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BNLyz-tNlPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OldSchool
05-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Well there you go. At least they're addressing the OL seriously.

TambaBerry
terrrible fucking pick, fuck this franchise, fuck dorsey

MMXcalibur
*****The AIDS Thread*****

Pasta Little Brioni
05-01-2015, 06:42 PM
*Extremely loud fart*

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2015, 06:43 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3548103/but-why-o.gif

Brock
05-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Lol. Bipolar board.

wazu
05-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Same old shit from the Chiefs in Round 2. Just a complete fail.

Iconic
05-01-2015, 06:45 PM
*SLITS WRISTS HARDER THAN BEFORE*

Sassy Squatch
05-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Knee jerk planet.

kcxiv
05-01-2015, 06:47 PM
we got a skilled position and we got a lineman in round 2. thats what this team needed. Our oline was complete fucking fail last year. While i hate Alex as our QB, they needed help blocking for JC too.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Need pick.

No way can you say with a straight face he was the BPA...

Sannyasi
05-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Well, Bleacher Report graded Morse out as a "Quality Backup", so at least the Oline depth concerns are being addressed! Keep it up Dorsey!

(I know, AIDS on Bleacher Report)

ModSocks
05-01-2015, 06:48 PM
You idiots want to go into the season with just Eric Kush at Center? And you're calling Dorsey stupid?

LMAO

Bwana
05-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Strengths

Hard-charging with necessary grit. Smart lineman who understands his shortcomings and makes the proper adjustments. Climbs to second-level blocks with good angles and timing, refusing to stay glued to his initial secure block. Uses a balanced pass set and avoids the waist-bending and head-butting seen from many linemen at point of contact. Uses a well-timed punch and won't show length-limited punch too early. Good feel for landing accurate initial strike in pass pro or run game. Has some straight-line quickness and can get out into space in screen game. </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Weaknesses

Plays with lower body stiffness and that limits his bend and lateral agility. Makes good initial contact, but struggles to maintain his leverage and positioning when asked to block on the move. Needs more hip snap at contact for added power. His short arms are a concern as a tackle. Doesn't have length to redirect rushers far enough upfield when they get to his edge. Feet and hands don't always appear to be synced properly. </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Draft Projection

Round 3 </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Sources Tell Us

"Looks like he's tough, but limited on tape." -- AFC offensive line coach "He'll have to move inside but I like him. He's tough and sustains as a run blocker. I think he'll be a long-time starter." - NFC offensive line coach </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Bottom Line

Morse relied on timing, instincts and angles to get guys blocked as a tackle at the college level but might lack the arm length and functional athleticism to play tackle in the pros. If he moves inside to guard, his toughness will serve him well, but he's not a power player and must prove that he can sustain his block and positioning to be an effective run blocker. Teams are heating up on Morse and some see him as one of the top transitional center prospects in the draft.

milkman
05-01-2015, 06:51 PM
This pick speaks to the true feelings about Eric Kush.

Iconic
05-01-2015, 06:51 PM
HOW DO YOU PICK MITCH FUCKING MORSE OVER JAKE FISHER/ALI MARPET

WHAT THE FUCK DORSEY

xztop123
05-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Print em'

Cmd'r&Chief
I seriously hope somebody is executed over this pick

buddha
You idiots want to go into the season with just Eric Kush at Center? And you're calling Dorsey stupid?

LMAO

Yes...they are idiots and yes, these same douche bags don't understand how important center is.

But I'm sure each of them knows more about offensive line than Andy Reid.

ILChief
05-01-2015, 06:53 PM
If morse can do to opposing DL's what he did to the CP server, he will be in Canton some day

Rausch

LMAO

No.

I also didn't want to take one this early, reach for lesser talent, or panic and take a need pick.

He wasn't the best prospect at C or at OT so he sure as hell wasn't the BPA...

okcchief
Lineman are never sexy picks but the Chiefs obviously need some.

stonedstooge
Strengths

Hard-charging with necessary grit. Smart lineman who understands his shortcomings and makes the proper adjustments. Climbs to second-level blocks with good angles and timing, refusing to stay glued to his initial secure block. Uses a balanced pass set and avoids the waist-bending and head-butting seen from many linemen at point of contact. Uses a well-timed punch and won't show length-limited punch too early. Good feel for landing accurate initial strike in pass pro or run game. Has some straight-line quickness and can get out into space in screen game. </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Weaknesses

Plays with lower body stiffness and that limits his bend and lateral agility. Makes good initial contact, but struggles to maintain his leverage and positioning when asked to block on the move. Needs more hip snap at contact for added power. His short arms are a concern as a tackle. Doesn't have length to redirect rushers far enough upfield when they get to his edge. Feet and hands don't always appear to be synced properly. </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Draft Projection

Round 3 </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Sources Tell Us

"Looks like he's tough, but limited on tape." -- AFC offensive line coach "He'll have to move inside but I like him. He's tough and sustains as a run blocker. I think he'll be a long-time starter." - NFC offensive line coach </ARTICLE><ARTICLE>
Bottom Line

Morse relied on timing, instincts and angles to get guys blocked as a tackle at the college level but might lack the arm length and functional athleticism to play tackle in the pros. If he moves inside to guard, his toughness will serve him well, but he's not a power player and must prove that he can sustain his block and positioning to be an effective run blocker. Teams are heating up on Morse and some see him as one of the top transitional center prospects in the draft.

LET'S HAVE ERIC FISHER BE HIS MENTOR

ModSocks

That he's a 6th round pick that couldn't even get on the field last season when we had a dire need for good interior line play?

I mean, it was pretty obvious. Only CP thought otherwise.

Cmd'r&Chief
Need pick.

No way can you say with a straight face he was the BPA...
Oh fuck you. What fucking evidence do you have of this? I condemn you to hell.

BigMeatballDave
05-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Lol. Bipolar board.

Heh, yep.

royalschiefs
05-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Could've had Maxx Williams or Tyler Lockett.............

Biggest overreach of the draft with this pick.

Wow.

Hog's Gone Fishin
Mayock says he's a 10 year starter.

Jerok
Looks like Kush's job isn't so Kushy anymore

BigCatDaddy
Makes sense to me. With Alex you need a dominant D and running game. They are building just that.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Or Zach Fulton

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Mayock says he's a 10 year starter.

milkman
05-01-2015, 07:02 PM
That he's a 6th round pick that couldn't even get on the field last season when we had a dire need for good interior line play?

I mean, it was pretty obvious. Only CP thought otherwise.

I expected and hoped that the Chiefs would draft center.

That Morse is the guy they drafted is a surprise.

And teams don't draft a center in the 2nd hoping for a solid backup.

thabear04
05-01-2015, 07:03 PM
How do you feel playing for the Chiefs.

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4741164/mitchmorse.png

oaklandhater
05-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Chiefs get ready for disappointment.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Oh **** you. What ****ing evidence do you have of this? I condemn you to hell.

Name one source that rates him above, say Fisher, as an OT.

Name any source that has him listed as a top 3 C prospect.

He's at least one round too early. He could have been had with our 3rd round pick.

And we passed up the best TE in the draft and the 3rd/4th best corner in the draft...

suzzer99
05-01-2015, 07:05 PM

Center in the second better be all pro potential at least.

Ragged Robin
05-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Makes sense to me. With Alex you need a dominant D and running game. They are building just that.

REACH. BPA.... no chance in hell

staylor26
05-01-2015, 07:06 PM

He's at least one round too early. He could have been had with our 3rd round pick.

And we passed up the best TE in the draft and the 3rd/4th best corner in the draft...

Mayock had him in his top 5 interior OL and the best available C IDIOT

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 07:07 PM

Nonsense.

Morse had been climbing up draft boards, big time. Adam Caplan reported last week that Morse was a second rounder on many team's boards at guard or tackle.

Internet "Mock Drafts" are useless.

Rausch
REACH. BPA.... no chance in hell

Exactly...810 draft expert just said there were 4 or 5 C prospects still on the board rated higher than him...

Discuss Thrower
Taking just about any player beside Morse in that spot was a better call.

Except La'el Collins.

That's how shitty that decision is: an alleged murder is the only player you can't defend being taken at that spot.

RunKC
this hasn't been posted yet? CP is slacking..

http://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

Chiefnj2
05-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Should have kept Hudson. Stupid to let a top guy walk and burn a 2nd to replace him with a meh prospect. Dorsey and Reid continue to bumble the OL.

Iconic
I'm not even mad about drafting a fatty. I said way back if they run through the ILBs and WRs we should get one now... what I am pissed off about is the particular fatty we drafted. Who the fuck is this guy?

Mizzou fans mind helping us here? What makes this guy more worthwhile than AJ Cann or Jake Fisher?

Hog's Gone Fishin
Surely Dorsey /Reid are a little more educated than us dilrods.

RealSNR
Worst fucking Chiefs reach I've seen since Kawika Mitchell.

Total panic pick. Fucking awful selection.

This guy isn't going to help our line. He's going to hurt it. We're going to expect him to step in immediately and start, and he'll suck flaming AIDS balls at it.

Meanwhile we're not going to know what the fuck to do with Fanaika, Allen, and Stephenson. We're going to juggle assholes and cut one of them while we keep this sack of shit and play him like we did Mike McGlynn.

Fuck this franchise.

chiefzilla1501
Chiefs do an excellent job going into BPA and then....
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_y4aNtecDcPb2t9ekuuINVNkuek=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325074/cottondown.0.gif

staylor26
Exactly...810 draft expert just said there were 4 or 5 C prospects still on the board rated higher than him...

810 or Mayock? Who has a fucking clue?

buddha
05-01-2015, 07:09 PM

Mayock can't possibly know more than Rausch.

Mitch will start immediately and be a fixture on the line.

kccrow
I had Morse in round 3 but I'm not disappointed with him in round 2. What I am disappointed about is there are only about 4 WRs left that I honestly like at all. If the Chiefs don't take one at 80 then I'm baggin it.

Rain Man
Taking just about any player beside Morse in that spot was a better call.

Except La'el Collins.

That's how shitty that decision is: an alleged murder is the only player you can't defend being taken at that spot.

I'm not sure about that. I think I would have taken La'el Collins over him.

Rausch

So a few did. I stand corrected. Most did not.

And that still doesn't change the fact he wasn't the BPA.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-01-2015, 07:10 PM
How big is this guy ?

Frosty
You can argue rather a guy is a player or not or if he fits a need but this idea "we could have gotten him a round later" or whatever is total bullshit. You have no idea what is on teams' boards. There are a lot of guys that are late risers (and fallers).

Sorry - pet peeve

Prison Bitch
How do you feel playing for the Chiefs.

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/assets/4741164/mitchmorse.png

Lol

My friend texted me that we got a Mizzou guy. I was like "sweet, Beckham fell to us." Of course not. Because.....Queefs.

Rain Man
05-01-2015, 07:11 PM
So did this guy destroy worlds at the combine or something? Did he get invited to the combine?

BossChief
Who as that BS Mizz linemen we over drafted a few years ago?

Reminds me of that moment.

Easy 6
The guy was a tackle, how in the blue hell is he being talked about as a center?

So he played all over the line at Missouri, who cares... this pick sucks ass, stank ass... so the receiver corp is gonna stand pat besides maybe some jackoff in the third or fourth?

:facepalm: x pi

Please welcome your second round pick, Much Worse.

Red Dawg
05-01-2015, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Rausch;11473179]Need pick.

No way can you say with a straight face he was the BPA...[/QUOTE

Need pick for sure. Losing Hudson bites us in the ass.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:13 PM

At C. When there were many other C prospects we could have had later and we passed up some very good talent still on the board.

And now Mayock is an unquestionable genius after half the BB was dogging all these mock drafts and analysts for weeks.

If you want to love the pick go ahead. I don't with 2.18...

O.city
Worst ****ing Chiefs reach I've seen since Kawika Mitchell.

Total panic pick. ****ing awful selection.

This guy isn't going to help our line. He's going to hurt it. We're going to expect him to step in immediately and start, and he'll suck flaming AIDS balls at it.

Meanwhile we're not going to know what the **** to do with Fanaika, Allen, and Stephenson. We're going to juggle assholes and cut one of them while we keep this sack of shit and play him like we did Mike McGlynn.

**** this franchise.

Why will he suck?

MU fans, inform me on this.

DaneMcCloud

Yep

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 07:14 PM

You cannot possibly make that decision today

Prison Bitch
Who as that BS Mizz linemen we over drafted a few years ago?

Reminds me of that moment.

Colin Brown

Discuss Thrower
Imagine if the Chiefs took Duvernay-Tardif in the 3rd round.

ChiefRocka
05-01-2015, 07:15 PM
So a few did. I stand corrected. Most did not.

Yes, need pick. Alternative, trot out Kush on week 1.

I'll back Dorsey on this one. :hmmm:

saphojunkie
This is a center not a tackle, guys.

BossChief
Colin Brown

That's the one.

Fuck me.

Wasn't he supposed to be a center, too?

milkman
Worst ****ing Chiefs reach I've seen since Kawika Mitchell.

Total panic pick. ****ing awful selection.

Meanwhile we're not going to know what the **** to do with Fanaika, Allen, and Stephenson. We're going to juggle assholes and cut one of them while we keep this sack of shit and play him like we did Mike McGlynn.

**** this franchise.

I told you there was no way in hell that this team could go into this season with that collection of garbage.

O.city
05-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Everything I can find had Morse as a 3rd rounder.

Cmd'r&Chief
Does anybody have an update on who's going to be executed over this pick?

DaneMcCloud
LMAO

Typical Chiefsplanet members. Bitch about a guy, say he could be taken later, yet ask questions about his size and ability.

What a bunch of dummies.

LMAO

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 07:17 PM
810 or Mayock? Who has a fucking clue?

Then guess what you should do if you're hemming and hawing about your board like this?

YOU LET HIM SLIDE TO ANOTHER ROUND.

I don't care if the Chiefs viewed him as the best of the centers. It's not very clear that he's better than them, and that's IF he's better than them (which I highly fucking doubt given he only played 8 fucking games at the position).

And if he gets taken by a different team? Who fucking cares? Pick another guy. There's plenty of players available!

BigChiefFan
Now Alex can have a half a second more to throw to dog shit opposite Maclin.

Prison Bitch
That's the one.

**** me.

Don't recall, he was cut immediately

ILChief
Mayock says 10 year starter, CP says he is Mike McGlynn lol

Iconic
This is a center not a tackle, guys.

Apparently he played everywhere on the Mizzou line so he's a jack of all trades, master of non type of guy.

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2015, 07:18 PM
You can argue rather a guy is a player or not or if he fits a need but this idea "we could have gotten him a round later" or whatever is total bullshit. You have no idea what is on teams' boards. There are a lot of guys that are late risers (and fallers).

Sorry - pet peeve

The problem is, you're not hearing that the way you heard it about someone like Dee Ford. Nobody seems to think he has the skill set to be something special. He'll be an overachiever with physical limitations who probably turns into a non-liability starter.

It's the definition of a safe pick and not a player who should have climbed the boards. Normally I'd agree with you, but not in this case. It seems like a definite reach for need. Which is a shame, because Dorsey seems at his best when he goes pure BPA.

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 07:19 PM
I told you there was no way in hell that this team could go into this season with that collection of garbage.

It's about to get worse.

That's right. You heard me. Our 2nd round pick of OL makes our OL WORSE.

We're going to rush Morse into a starting role, and he's going to suck. If Kush didn't give us awful C play, then this guy sure as fuck will.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Everything I can find had Morse as a 3rd rounder.

Mayock had him listed as his top C so clearly you know nothing.

You should drop all your draft opinions and just post his player evaluations...

Rain Man
05-01-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm envious of the Cowboys. They rolled the dice. If it works out, it'll be a huge payoff. If not, they're only out a 2nd round pick.

Chiefnj2
05-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Have the Chiefs announced him as a center? He was a right tackle most of his career, and the talk I read said he would likely be a guard in the NFL.

Only 7 games as a sophomore at center.

Iconic
05-01-2015, 07:22 PM
This is going to be one of those times where we will look back and remember 4 spots after Mitch fucking Morse was drafted a HOF caliber tackle was picked up by the Bengals.

Easy 6
Chiefs do an excellent job going into BPA and then....
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_y4aNtecDcPb2t9ekuuINVNkuek=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325074/cottondown.0.gif

:LOL: thats great, sums up my feelings pretty well.

Meanwhile in the third round, the Kansas City Chiefs select WR Joe Dirt... thats all thats gonna be left by our turn.

O.city
It's about to get worse.

We're going to rush Morse into a starting role, and he's going to suck. If Kush didn't give us awful C play, then this guy sure as **** will.

Why?

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Now Alex can have a half a second more to throw to dog shit opposite Maclin.

I don't blame them for not going WR. The value wasn't there and I can understand them not having a WR on the board with a 2nd round value.

I wouldn't have passed up the best TE in the draft or one of the best CB's at that spot...

milkman
05-01-2015, 07:23 PM
It's about to get worse.

We're going to rush Morse into a starting role, and he's going to suck. If Kush didn't give us awful C play, then this guy sure as **** will.

Not the guy I would have picked, and earlier than I would have addressed the position in this draft.

But after arguing most of the offseason that this line needed to be addressed, I am not going to lose my shit over the fact that they did address it, even if I am not all that happy with who they picked.

And as far as the stupid fucking statement that he makes this O-Line worse, they is about as stupid as anything anyone has has ever said.

saphojunkie
05-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Rausch thinks there is some sort of objective player ranking that all teams share and agree upon. I can't roll my eyes hard enough at his sandy vagina.

Rain Man
That's the one.

**** me.

Colin Brown was listed as a guard.

DaneMcCloud
Vahe Gregorian ‏<s>@</s>vgregorian (https://twitter.com/vgregorian) <small class="time"> 30m30 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/594303696655155202) </small> Morse says Chiefs haven't talked to him yet about position, just looking forward to proving himself as a great teammate.

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2015, 07:25 PM
I'm envious of the Cowboys. They rolled the dice. If it works out, it'll be a huge payoff. If not, they're only out a 2nd round pick.

That's not the pick I'd be envious about.

Not only was there stupidly failing a drug test on a day you know you're going to get tested. He was showing up late and even missed a few meetings with scouts. If there's one thing that drives me nuts it's a player with complete lack of work ethic.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Have the Chiefs announced him as a center? He was a right tackle most of his career, and the talk I read said he would likely be a guard in the NFL.

Only 7 games as a sophomore at center.

Chiefs already stated he'd compete at C...

King_Chief_Fan
05-01-2015, 07:26 PM
It's about to get worse.

Based on what?

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Chiefs already stated he'd compete at C...

No, they haven't

KChiefs1
05-01-2015, 07:27 PM
The Mizzouification of the Chiefs continues!

Chiefnj2
I can rationalize the pick if he becomes the starting RG.

Using a 2nd round pick on a guy who only played 7 games at center his sophomore year while letting Hudson walk is a horrible move.

xztop123
Are we just gonna sit still

Deberg_1990
05-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Franchise Guard!

Easy 6
05-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Guess this settles the question of are we going to continue a zone blocking scheme or go power, dudes only 305.

Everyone else must've pillaged Dorseys board of WR's, why else go this high for a lower rated ****ing tackle?

**** this pick and I'm not taking any bullshit about it... there are still ILB's left, there are still some interesting receivers left.

KChiefs1
Mayock says 10 year starter, CP says he is Mike McGlynn lol

He will be great! Huge fan of his.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/01/0ff41d62814839a54432541fecce2a80.jpg

Rausch
Rausch thinks there is some sort of objective player ranking that all teams share and agree upon. I can't roll my eyes hard enough at his sandy vagina.

A stupid pick is a stupid pick.

I don't know as much about drafting as Pioli but there were idiots on here talking about how good Baldwin was going to be. Pioli knows more than we do. Blah blah blah.

It's was still a reach and a bust. GM's make mistakes...

Frosty
I don't know much about Morse but I haven't really seen anyone come off since that I wished the Chiefs had taken instead. I understand people wanting Maxx Williams but almost everyone says TE sucks in this draft. There are guys available later that rate almost as high

RunKC
They had to have been watching the Broncos game at Arrowhead where the OL looked worse than at any point in my fan of this team.

Still hate it.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:31 PM
**** this pick and I'm not taking any bullshit about it... there are still ILB's left, there are still some interesting receivers left.

No matter how much we hate the pick the draft doesn't end because of it.

We have two thirds and the ammo to move up for another if we so choose...

KChiefs1
Too bad Golden went to AZ. He will be better than Ray.

milkman
No, they haven't

I believe turning in a card that lists him as a center is making that statement.

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Orchard, Phillips, Gregory or even Sambraillo..

chiefzilla1501

Using a 2nd round pick on a guy who only played 7 games at center his sophomore year while letting Hudson walk is a horrible move.

I actually think Morse would be a solid pick for the Chiefs and I don't mind him replacing Hudson. I hate the pick because it feels like a huge reach when there were still playmakers on the board. So I'm not crazy about it. But I do think he'll be an adequate replacement at a position that's not that important.

Rausch
No, they haven't

810 reported they had.

If they haven't send them an email...

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Guess this settles the question of are we going to continue a zone blocking scheme or go power, dudes only 305.

Everyone else must've pillaged Dorseys board of WR's, why else go this high for a lower rated ****ing tackle?

should've selected Gregory, now that pisses me off since Dorsey's mantra is BPA.

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2015, 07:34 PM
should've selected Gregory, now that pisses me off since Dorsey's mantra is BPA.

I don't think anybody should be upset about that. It's a nice risk pick. But it's incredibly high risk.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 07:35 PM

He's perfect for the zone blocking scheme

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:36 PM

It wasn't like Hudson had a ton of time starting at C himself. It's common guys without prototype size move to C...

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 07:38 PM
I look at the Morse selection as follows: Andy Reid likes to preach "The best 5 guys will play".

From that perspective, I see Fisher/Grubbs/Kush/Morse/Stephenson.

IF Kush fails, Morse can move to center with either Fulton or Fanaika will play right guard.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 07:39 PM
I look at the Morse selection as follows: Andy Reid likes to preach "The best 5 guys will play".

From that perspective, I see Fisher/Grubbs/Kush/Morse/Stephenson.

IF Kush fails, Morse can move inside and either Fulton or Fanaika will play right guard.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he can end up being a good C.

I just disagree he was the best C on the board or BPA...

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:39 PM
It wasn't like Hudson had a ton of time starting at C himself. It's common guys without prototype size move to C...

This has "right 53" written all over it too. This Dorsey sticking to the draft board rhetoric is bullshit.

Frosty
05-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Both ESPN and NFLN were pretty complementary of Morse. Sounds pretty athletic. :shrug:

kccrow
05-01-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm not in agreement with much of the assumptions being made in this thread. Morse has looked to me like he's going to be an outstanding interior lineman that could adequately swing out to RT in a pinch if needed. I don't understand the hate for this pick. Morse was picked earlier than I had him, but I still wanted KC to pick him and I'm happy they did.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm not in agreement with much of the assumptions being made in this thread. Morse has looked to me like he's going to be an outstanding interior lineman that could adequately swing out to RT in a pinch if needed. I don't understand the hate for this pick. Morse was picked earlier than I had him, but I still wanted KC to pick him and I'm happy they did.

Easy a top 5 talent was still on the board in Randy Gregory.

bricks
05-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Not a sexy pick by any means but it has the potential to fill a need.

Chiefs sucked on the inside of the OL last year. They have an unproven center and a few don't want to say it but possible scrubs in Fulton and Fanaika at guard. So yeah I'm not complaining were thin and unproven on the inside heck why not draft a guard/center?

Frosty
05-01-2015, 07:43 PM

They weren't going to take Gregory, especially after taking Peters, IMO.

staylor26
05-01-2015, 07:45 PM

JFC some of you are straight up retarded

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:45 PM
They weren't going to take Gregory, especially after taking Peters, IMO.

BPA, as I said the guy was universally considered an elite talent. If Dorsey prides himself to selecting the BPA, then this shit doesn't fly.

kccrow
05-01-2015, 07:46 PM

They already have a 1st round pussy that gets his shit pushed in against the run. No thanks on 2 of them.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:46 PM
JFC some of you are straight up retarded

Why is that the guy is a stud, and pass rushers are at a premium.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:48 PM
They already have a 1st round pussy that gets his shit pushed in against the run. No thanks on 2 of them.

and yet he was considered elite.

kccrow
05-01-2015, 07:48 PM
and yet he was considered elite.

by some, not so much by others

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Yeah I don't know how you can argue Dorsey picks BPA when he passes on Gregory.

Ford is a question mark, Houston might be a one year rental, Hali is a season or two from retirement and Frank Zombo isn't going to get you more than like 5 sacks in a season. Gregory falls and you've already addressed a position of need (CB) and aren't missing out on an equal talent at another position (doubt Sambrailo or Fisher are on the level of Randy Gregory) then you take the guy who would have been taken in the 1st had it not been for an idiotic decision to smoke weed.

DaneMcCloud
Yeah I don't know how you can argue Dorsey picks BPA when he passes on Gregory.

Ford is a question mark, Houston might be a one year rental, Hali is a season or two from retirement and Frank Zombo isn't going to get you more than like 5 sacks in a season. Gregory falls and you've already addressed a position of need (CB) and aren't missing out on an equal talent at another position (doubt Sambrailo or Fisher are on the level of Randy Gregory) then you take the guy who would have been taken in the 1st had it not been for an idiotic decision to smoke weed.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Chief Roundup
Hate this pick with the talent that was still on the board at other positions of need.

milkman
05-01-2015, 07:50 PM

I don't like the pick, primarily because I liked John Miller as a C/G prospect in the 3rd better.

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2015, 07:52 PM

If he was top 5 talent, you wouldn't have teams waiting almost 2 full rounds to take him. Unless you're implying that every team is stupid.

I can handle character issues. But a guy who misses several of the most important interviews of his life? I don't care about passing up on a guy who doesn't give a shit about playing football. That's always a big red flag for me.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:52 PM
by some, not so much by others

Dude, before the marijuana incident he was at at least projected to be a top 10 pick. There is no excuse to not select him at this slot if you go strictly go BPA. This reeks of a Pioli or King Carl pick.

kccrow
05-01-2015, 07:53 PM
I don't like the pick, primarily because I liked John Miller as a C/G prospect in the 3rd better.

I respect that, I like Miller as a prospect. He's like trying to run through a tank.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 07:54 PM
If he was top 5 talent, you wouldn't have teams waiting almost 2 full rounds to take him. Unless you're implying that every team is stupid.

I can handle character issues. But a guy who misses several of the most important interviews of his life? I don't care about passing up on a guy who doesn't give a shit about playing football. That's always a big red flag for me.

Like Justin Houston?

mcaj22
don't really mind this pick and here's why:

going to have to prep for letting Jeff Allen and Stephenson walk in a year, Morse brings versatility to play guard, center, whatever just in case.

Morse can bring competition to Kush who has pretty much minimal NFL starting experience at this point. May the best man win.

If he can't play center then I'm absolutely positive Morse can beat out Fulton at RG because Fulton is terrible and shouldn't be gifted a starting position by default like last year.

So Morse brings potential, versatility, and probably Day 1 starter ability due to the fact that the competition at some of these OL spots is well... garbage.

RealSNR
Not a sexy pick by any means but it has the potential to fill a need.

Chiefs sucked on the inside of the OL last year. They have an unproven center and a few don't want to say it but possible scrubs in Fulton and Fanaika at guard. So yeah I'm not complaining were thin and unproven on the inside heck why not draft a guard/center?

Nobody fucking cares about need. Drafting for need doesn't get you shit.

Drafting for need gets you a decade of Chiefs teams repeatedly drafting DTs and whiffing on all of them.

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 07:56 PM
don't really mind this pick and here's why:

going to have to prep for letting Jeff Allen and Stephenson walk in a year, Morse brings versatility to play guard, center, whatever just in case.

Morse can bring competition to Kush who has pretty much minimal NFL starting experience at this point. May the best man win.

If he can't play center then I'm absolutely positive Morse can beat out Fulton at RG because Fulton is terrible and shouldn't be gifted a starting position by default like last year.

So Morse brings potential, versatility, and probably Day 1 starter ability due to the fact that the competition at some of these OL spots is well... garbage.
Morse IS Jeff Allen. We're replacing Jeff Allen with Jeff Allen.

It's stupid.

kccrow
05-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Dude, before the marijuana incident he was at at least projected to be a top 10 pick. There is no excuse to not select him at this slot if you go strictly go BPA. This reeks of a Pioli or King Carl pick.

I can tell you this much, I wouldn't have drafted Gregory at any point at any draft pick even before he smoked weed. I hate players that can't defend the run and Gregory gets his shit pushed in repeatedly. This is the same reason I hated the Ford pick.

Easy 6
05-01-2015, 07:57 PM

O touchdowns to a wide receiver in 2014.

Maclin was a perfect get, perfect... but without some kind of threat opposite him, teams will just double him up or slide coverage his way without a realistic threat opposite him.

The difference Mitch Worse can make as compared to a receiver doesn't compare IMO... there are a lot of players due to step up on the line... guys fighting for their next contract, guys trying to earn back their old spot, new veterans, young in house veterans, franchise picks on their final interview, Grubbs etc.

The difference some rookie do it all tackle can make isn't close to what a good rookie receiver could make, IMO.

milkman
05-01-2015, 07:58 PM

There are reports that a number of teams dropped Gregory off their boards altogether because it wasn't just a pot issue with him.

As far as we know, the Chiefs are one of those teams.

mcaj22

It's stupid.

Yea I'd rather have a cheap shitty Jeff Allen then overpay on the FA market for an expensive 20 million shitty Jeff Allen.

kccrow

It's stupid.

Except that Morse is much stronger, moves better, and blocks a whole fuck of a lot better. But otherwise, pretty much the same guy.

Tribal Warfare
I can tell you this much, I wouldn't have drafted Gregory at any point at any draft pick even before he smoked weed. I hate players that can't defend the run and Gregory gets his shit pushed in repeatedly. This is the same reason I hated the Ford pick.

I hate bring him up but.. Derrick Thomas

kccrow
05-01-2015, 07:59 PM

Maclin was a perfect get, perfect... but without some kind of threat opposite him, teams will just double him up or slide coverage his way without a realistic threat opposite him.

The difference Mitch Worse can make as compared to a receiver doesn't compare IMO... there are a lot of players due to step up on the line... guys fighting for their next contract, guys trying to earn back their old spot, new veterans, young in house veterans, franchise picks on their final interview, Grubbs etc.

The difference some rookie do it all tackle can make isn't close to what a good rookie receiver could make, IMO.

You're preaching to the guy that wanted a WR in round 1. :)

milkman
05-01-2015, 08:00 PM

There's a lot of guys, but they all garbage until any of them step up and prove otherwise.

And as I said earlier, this pick speaks to just how much, or how little, to be more correct, faith they have in Kush.

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Like Justin Houston?

Justin Houston wasn't even close to a top 5 pick before he dropped.

And his red flags don't even come close to Gregory's. Again, it's rumored that he missed AT LEAST 3 meetings with teams.

Terrible comparison.

kccrow
05-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I hate bring him up but.. Derrick Thomas

I don't recall Thomas getting rocked off the line of scrimmage and driven back 5 yards before being dumped in the dirt repeatedly.

RealSNR
Not the guy I would have picked, and earlier than I would have addressed the position in this draft.

But after arguing most of the offseason that this line needed to be addressed, I am not going to lose my shit over the fact that they did address it, even if I am not all that happy with who they picked.

And as far as the stupid fucking statement that he makes this O-Line worse, they is about as stupid as anything anyone has has ever said.
You bitch about Kush's lack of experience, when at least he's been a part of an NFL team and invested in practices for 3 offseasons.

We drafted Morse, and we're going to force him to play immediately. It's going to be a shit show. 7 games as a C in college.

You got your wish. Kush isn't your starting C anymore. The Chiefs invested in the OL with a high pick. And we're going to fucking suck.

O.city
So, where are the respected MU fans to fill us in?

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 08:03 PM
There just went our C if we were going to take one at all.

Grasu to the Bears.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Justin Houston wasn't even close to a top 5 pick before he dropped.

And his red flags don't even come close to Gregory's. Again, it's rumored that he missed AT LEAST 3 meetings with teams.

Terrible comparison.

Yet, many teams feel like goddamned idiots for letting him slip to KC in the 3rd.

It's a good comparison considering if you are going on sheer value.

O.city
Gregory apparently has some mental issues

kccrow
Morse could just as well end up the starter at RG and the backup at OC to Kush. We know nothing yet.

milkman
05-01-2015, 08:05 PM
You bitch about Kush's lack of experience, when at least he's been a part of an NFL team and invested in practices for 3 offseasons.

We drafted Morse, and we're going to force him to play immediately. It's going to be a shit show. 7 games as a C in college.

You got your wish. Kush isn't your starting C anymore. The Chiefs invested in the OL with a high pick. And we're going to ****ing suck.

You may be right.

But the fact that they made this selection probably means we were going to suck anyway.

So, keep crying baby.

Brock
05-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Gregory wanted to go somewhere that had a babysitter system already in place. Dallas has experience with this.

Hootie
05-01-2015, 08:09 PM
wow guys !??!??!

a late 2nd round pick may not end up being an all-pro!??!

omg

...it's like

every other 2nd round pick which is a 30% hit at best

!

you guys are hilarious

Easy 6
05-01-2015, 08:09 PM
You're preaching to the guy that wanted a WR in round 1. :)

How is it possible to love/hate two picks so much?

Corner? yay!

****ing center/tackle WHA?

And as I said earlier, this pick speaks to just how much, or how little, to be more correct, faith they have in Kush.

It definitely does bring Kush into question, thought for sure they'd sign some camp cut veteran just as bottom barrel insurance.

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 08:12 PM
You may be right.

But the fact that they made this selection probably means we were going to suck anyway.

So, keep crying baby.

THEN DON'T MAKE THE FUCKING PICK. IT'S THAT FUCKING SIMPLE. PICK SOMEBODY ELSE.

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Yet, many teams feel like goddamned idiots for letting him slip to KC in the 3rd.

It's a good comparison considering if you are going on sheer value.

No, it isn't. Houston was largely downgraded because scouts wrongly misjudged his talent. Character dropped him a little bit. But not a lot.

Randy Gregory is a top 5 talent. But he is dropping entirely because of character. And it sounds like there is some heavy, heavy shit here. Not only are there clear reports of mental issues (failed drug test, completely bailing on several team interviews), there's a pretty heavy hinting that he has actual mental problems. It sounds like there's something not being talked about probably for medical privacy reasons.

milkman
05-01-2015, 08:22 PM
THEN DON'T MAKE THE ****ING PICK. IT'S THAT ****ING SIMPLE. PICK SOMEBODY ELSE.

You are acting as if you know exactly how the Chiefs board set up, as is Tribal Warfare, who is about the biggest fucking moron this site had from it's early years,

I don't like the pick, but If that's who they had at the top of their board, then fine, that's their pick.

Now they've traded up and taken the WR who I had as my second favorite left.

I can live with it.

Easy 6
05-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Dude just got out of college, already going bald.

Damn I hate this pick...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/One_on_One_John_Dorsey_Following_First_Round/fc66341e-534d-4ceb-bf64-0942080d1d1c

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm in pure nirvana.

Chiefs take fatty in 2nd round, fatty universally hated on spot NOT because he's a fatty, but because he is a REALLY lame-assed fatty.

What was the name of that toothbrush that was so popular in the 80's?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2015, 08:28 PM

Corner? yay!

****ing center/tackle WHA?

It definitely does bring Kush into question, thought for sure they'd sign some camp cut veteran just as bottom barrel insurance.

I will explain the yin and yang of this to you soon, my friend.

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 08:30 PM
You are acting as if you know exactly how the Chiefs board set up, as is Tribal Warfare, who is about the biggest fucking moron this site had from it's early years,

I don't like the pick, but If that's who they had at the top of their board, then fine, that's their pick.

Now they've traded up and taken the WR who I had as my second favorite left.

I can live with it.

The Chiefs are going to take players that I wouldn't. Conley is one of those players, but I can live with it and be easily convinced that he might be okay.

Morse is a player who's not going to break the logjam at C and RG. He's going to exacerbate that problem. He might be a great player in the NFL one day, but it's going to be really fucking hard to find out when he's on an OL roster as unstable as the Chiefs' right now.

Bad picks happen. Whatever. We've got a ton of good players left.

Just a really disappointing showing that the first 2nd round pick in 3 years is this asshole.

kccrow
05-01-2015, 08:31 PM

Not sure what you're saying?

I liked the Peters pick even though I wanted Dorsett badly, Peters was in my top 5.

I like the Morse pick even if he's a round higher than I thought they'd take him.

I also now like the Conley pick, I mocked him once to the Chiefs. He was in my top 5 of WRs left on the board.

I am actually very happy with the Chiefs' draft so far this year.

I hated the Ford pick last year, doens't mean I won't be wrong about him. I just don't think having two huge projects at the same position on the team is a good thing. Ford is currently under 240 pounds per his last media session. Not good for a 3-4 OLB and doesn't bode well for increased success against the run. We'll see.

OldSchool
Morse (6'5/305) made 39 starts at Mizzou, seeing action at center and right tackle before protecting the blind side as a senior. Short arms (32 1/4") will likely kick Morse back inside, but he is a terrific athlete with 5.14 speed and a 31-inch vertical. At the Combine, Morse pumped 36 reps on the bench. Tough and tenacious with ideal movement skills, Morse projects well to Kansas City's zone-blocking scheme. He'll likely be given a long look to start at center over Eric Kush, replacing Rodney Hudson.

From Roto.

Beef Supreme
They had to draft him thinking he can play guard or center, and they'll figure it out in camp.

DaneMcCloud
The Chiefs are going to take players that I wouldn't. Conley is one of those players, but I can live with it.

Morse is a player who's not going to break the logjam at C and RG. He's going to exacerbate that problem. He might be a great player in the NFL one day, but it's going to be really fucking hard to find out when he's on an OL roster as unstable as the Chiefs' right now.

I think he's the automatic starter at right guard and since he can play center, insurance in case Kush struggles or is injured.

I'm fine with it.

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2015, 08:48 PM
So, in essence, the Chiefs are going to start pretty much two rookies in the interior OL (Kush C, Morse RG) or Morse is going to replace Rodney Hudson as the starting C. And the question of who the heck is going to play RT?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh that's not what I call a playoff caliber unit.

Rausch
05-01-2015, 08:50 PM
So, in essence, the Chiefs are going to start pretty much two rookies in the interior OL (Kush C, Morse RG) or Morse is going to replace Rodney Hudson as the starting C. And the question of who the heck is going to play RT?

I still think Stephenson will be good at RT...

kccrow
05-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Maybe TJ Clemmings will fall to 98... RT. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2015, 08:59 PM
This is what happens when you let Reid "have one" on draft day.

jonzie04
05-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Maybe TJ Clemmings will fall to 98... RT. :)

would be an amazing pickup. hoping for the same thing. either him or mcbride.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 09:06 PM

There aren't enough facepalms available

Reerun_KC
05-01-2015, 09:56 PM
This guy will be lucky to see the field. Out of league in 3 Years. Wasted pick. 2nd round joke.

Dumpster fire shit bag.

Beef Supreme
05-01-2015, 10:00 PM
This begs the question: Are they high on kush? /pun font

unlurking
05-01-2015, 10:07 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/DarkChilde00/IDFP.jpg

Reerun_KC
05-01-2015, 10:12 PM

It's stupid.

This. Basically we had to go full stupid and waste a pick on a guy that offers zero value to the team. Trash player.

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 10:13 PM
I think he's the automatic starter at right guard and since he can play center, insurance in case Kush struggles or is injured.

I'm fine with it.

If Kush beats him out, where is he going to play? RG? We've already got two players competing for that spot, and one of them is owed $2+ million this year.

I just have serious doubts that he's currently better than Kush, Fulton, or Allen/Stephenson as a player right out of college. And by next year when we need him, he'll be an instead plug in at one of the positions, but there's that dreaded "unknown" status cropping up again...

O.city
05-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Id imagine he's you starting RG, with fanmyass or whatever as the swing guard or something.

beer bacon
05-01-2015, 10:20 PM
We get a great player and a dumb-ass kU fan melts down. Perfect.

Reerun_KC
05-01-2015, 10:21 PM
We get a great player and a dumb-ass kU fan melts down. Perfect.

Typical mu fan.

penbrook
05-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Dorsey said Morse will be a backup center but his versatility in being able to play in all 5 spots on the line is what made him so attractive.

beer bacon
Typical mu fan.

You're a riot.

Reerun_KC
You're a riot.

Your and idiot

Rausch
05-01-2015, 10:27 PM
If Kush beats him out, where is he going to play? RG? We've already got two players competing for that spot, and one of them is owed $2+ million this year.

I just have serious doubts that he's currently better than Kush, Fulton, or Allen/Stephenson as a player right out of college. And by next year when we need him, he'll be an instead plug in at one of the positions, but there's that dreaded "unknown" status cropping up again...

Fulton isn't a great pass blocker and Kush is an unknown.

Stephenson should be our RT and Allen can be depth...

RunKC
05-01-2015, 10:27 PM
He would probably be an upgrade at RG since Fulton's feet aren't that good.

I didn't like this pick but if he's a good RG I'll be fine with it.

suzzer99
05-01-2015, 10:33 PM
I get a Tim Grunhard vibe from Morse.

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Id imagine he's you starting RG, with fanmyass or whatever as the swing guard or something.

Nice.

Can I use Fanmyass? I like it a lot. Do I have your permission?

Trevo_410
05-01-2015, 10:38 PM
great pick at a position of need...

fuck you beakers who have them tear-covered blinders on...

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 11:04 PM
great pick at a position of need...

fuck you beakers who have them tear-covered blinders on...

We don't hate Mizzou players the Chiefs draft because they come from Mizzou. We hate Mizzou players that the Chiefs draft because they always take the shitty ones.

SDChiefs
05-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Well maybe the Chiefs are trying to break the record of most consecutive years without a td by a receiver. Maybe they will put him at center and Kush in the slot. To the motherfuckin ship. We should start placing bets now on who scores more tds. Peters or the receiving corps.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 11:10 PM

Dude, chill out.

$2 million is dick when the salary cap is $143 million. Morse will likely start at right guard, and kick ass, and if necessary, move to center.

ThaVirus
05-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Sooooooo,

Fisher-Grubbs-Kush-Morse-Stephenson?

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 11:14 PM
The Chiefs website isn't even gonna try to hide it.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Five-Things-to-Know-About-C-Mitch-Morse/e3817ecf-a47d-4007-9323-ad854d08007c

David Morrison of the Columbia Daily Tribune recently asked Morse where most teams are projecting him on the offensive line.

“Some teams will work me out exclusively at guard,” Morse said. “A lot of hybrid. A lot of guard, center and not so many at tackle.

“I had no idea I had short arms until I got to the combine. I’m like being pounded. Everyone’s calling me a T-Rex. It helped me out in the bench, that was about it.”

T-Rex.

ThaVirus
05-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Love me a good ol' fashioned SNR rage sesh LMAO

LiL stumppy
05-01-2015, 11:22 PM
How can anyone hate this pick that much? We all fucking new we needed to upgrade our OL.. This is the guy they think can help, so stfu, and we didn't waste a 1st like some anticipated us, and we got a stud WR in the 3rd. Jesus, stfu people, biggest drama queens ever.

oaklandhater
05-01-2015, 11:25 PM
How can anyone hate this pick that much? We all ****ing new we needed to upgrade our OL.. This is the guy they think can help, so stfu, and we didn't waste a 1st like some anticipated us, and we got a stud WR in the 3rd. Jesus, stfu people, biggest drama queens ever.

Some mocks had him going 3-4....

RunKC
05-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Do you need long arms at G or C?

Also, I guess Allen is for sure gone next season. Yikes

oaklandhater
05-01-2015, 11:26 PM

I don't think Dorsey likes Scott Pioli picks very much.

LiL stumppy
05-01-2015, 11:30 PM

who cares. some mocks had jalen strong going in the 1st. they're mocks. these are professional scouts that saw him, and wanted him. he help fill a need, and we got a WR as well. why bitch.

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2015, 11:31 PM

Doesn't change the fact you're saying the plan is to start two rookies (which is what Kush essentially is with only 1 NFL start) in the interior offensive line and at the very least will have a guy at center with either 0 or 1 NFL starts in four months.

A rookie or 1-game vet at center... which I've been lead to believe is the most important spot on the offensive line that isn't left tackle.

And that's fine to have a rookie start at these spots, but you can't honestly say that's the best move if you're trying to compete in the playoffs. It's a move to be a playoff team a season or two down the line. But not for 2015.

oaklandhater
05-01-2015, 11:32 PM
who cares. some mocks had jalen strong going in the 1st. they're mocks. these are professional scouts that saw him, and wanted him. he help fill a need, and we got a WR as well. why bitch.

Would have rather got a WR who will make a impact Year one not Year Two-Three.

RealSNR
05-01-2015, 11:37 PM

It definitely fucking helps

Hammock Parties
05-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Need to stock up on OL with our QB.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Doesn't change the fact you're saying the plan is to start two rookies (which is what Kush essentially is with only 1 NFL start) in the interior offensive line and at the very least will have a guy at center with either 0 or 1 NFL starts in four months.

A rookie or 1-game vet at center... which I've been lead to believe is the most important spot on the offensive line that isn't left tackle.

And that's fine to have a rookie start at these spots, but you can't honestly say that's the best move if you're trying to compete in the playoffs. It's a move to be a playoff team a season or two down the line. But not for 2015.
So, developing a QB is okay but developing a center is not?

:facepalm:

I hope you're good at something because as you've displayed ad nauseam recently, you suck at ChiefsPlanet.

MotherfuckerJones
05-01-2015, 11:47 PM

And some mocks had DGB going round one. Point is mocks are just that...mocks.

MotherfuckerJones
05-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Would have rather got a WR who will make a impact Year one not Year Two-Three.

Think about this. With Maclin, Kelce, Charles, DAT and Wilson getting touches, where would his come exactly?

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2015, 11:50 PM
And some mocks had DGB going round one. Point is mocks are just that...mocks.

They're bullshit.

You could start a website tomorrow and generate a metric fuckton of web traffic through affiliate programs and sell-throughs.

That doesn't mean the site would right.

splatbass
05-02-2015, 01:00 AM
It's about to get worse.

We're going to rush Morse into a starting role, and he's going to suck. If Kush didn't give us awful C play, then this guy sure as fuck will.

Take a midol, you are PMSing bad.

oaklandhater
05-02-2015, 01:05 AM
Think about this. With Maclin, Kelce, Charles, DAT and Wilson getting touches, where would his come exactly?

I was hoping the WR we draft would take Wilson spot.

mdchiefsfan
05-02-2015, 01:13 AM
It's about to get worse.

SNR, I like you man, but this is hyperbole. Hate to say it, but we need competition at C. Whoever wins, wins. If Kush goes in to camp with no competition what-so-ever, does he come out for the season being the best he could possibly be?

You can debate the round he took him in, but what I see is a supposedly versatile OL, who could fill gaps across the board, should he not win then we have someone who can supposedly play as anyone's back up. Versatility is valuable in the NFL.

just my $.02

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2015, 03:54 AM
This place goes even fuller retard by the day

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-02-2015, 06:45 AM
Just saw that Morse had the 2nd most reps on the bench press at the combine at 36

Baby Lee
05-02-2015, 06:49 AM
I seriously hope somebody is executed over this pick

I seriously hope someone buys you a dictionary, or prescribes you some Lithium.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2015, 06:50 AM
I can't wait to GIF this kid up with the tagline DOT DOT DASH MOTHERFUCKER

TEX
05-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Dude, chill out.

$2 million is dick when the salary cap is $143 million. Morse will likely start at right guard, and kick ass, and if necessary, move to center.

That's what I was thinking. Great to have versatile OL players that can actually play rather than have those who can't and just take up space. (as we had last year)

ForeverChiefs58
05-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Green Bay packers had to start a rookie 5th rd pick last year their first game going against Seahawks defense.

I believe Seahawks had to start a rookie at center too last year, and might have to do it again this year.

ForeverChiefs58
05-02-2015, 07:17 AM
Interesting

Seattle has three centers on its current roster — Patrick Lewis, who started four games last season; recent free agent signee Jared Wheeler, who spent part of the preseason last year on the rosters with Buffalo and Carolina; and Drew Nowak, who spent last season on the practice squad. Lemuel Jeanpierre, who started three game last year after being brought back at mid-season, is a free agent.

The Seahawks have been avidly searching for a veteran free agent to fill in depth at center, this week getting a visit from Chris Myers, who spent the last seven seasons with Houston. But Seattle could be waiting until after a May 12 deadline when unrestricted free agents no longer mean giving up a compensatory draft pick to sign a veteran. Seattle also has 11 picks in the draft and could take a center there.

ForeverChiefs58
05-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Found this from Carroll on difficulties starting a rookie center:

Carroll said the team would not be adverse to drafting a center and having him start next season if necessary.

“We’ve had rookies start everywhere over the years,” he said. “Just depends on the guy and if that happened these guys are going to have to be really good, have his act together and all that and have to beat out some guys that are in our system pretty good, too. So we’ll see how it goes”

Asked about the difficult of a rookie starting at center, Carroll said: “This will be an interesting competition. We’ll see how it goes. It’s a lot to ask a guy, yeah. A lot to ask. That position can be the key position in kind of being the quarterback of the front, so it’s a lot to ask a young guy. Just depends on where he comes from, what his makeup is, how he handles stuff and all of that. And like always, we will look at whoever the guy is and we will adapt accordingly to match up what we need to do. Sometimes responsibilities have to be shifted a little bit because of the makeup of the guys that you have at any spot.”

jd1020
05-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Haven't been able to watch any of the draft, been getting messages on my phone for who they've picked and I didn't get this pick at all. It confused me even more when I looked at who was available and you've got a 2 TE team with the highest rated TE of the draft still sitting there.

Is this not a guy that would have been available in round 3, maybe even the round 3 comp pick instead of another CB?

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Haven't been able to watch any of the draft, been getting messages on my phone for who they've picked and I didn't get this pick at all. It confused me even more when I looked at who was available and you've got a 2 TE team with the highest rated TE of the draft still sitting there.

Is this not a guy that would have been available in round 3, maybe even the round 3 comp pick instead of another CB?

Yes. I'm sure you know it all. I'm sure you've spoken to the Chiefs directly and have met all the guys on their board. And players on other team's boards after the Chiefs. You knew EXACTLY where he SHOULD have been picked.

Fucking Armchair GMs... LMAO

jd1020
05-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Yes. I'm sure you know it all. I'm sure you've spoken too the Chiefs directly and have met all the guys on their board. And players on other team's boards after the Chiefs. You knew EXACTLY where he SHOULD have been picked.

****ing Armchair GMs... LMAO

No teams ever reach, ever!

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2015, 07:48 AM
No teams ever reach, ever!

No reach has ever ended up being a good player. Ever.

jd1020
05-02-2015, 07:50 AM
No reach has ever ended up being a good player. Ever.

Never said he wouldn't be good, dipshit.

notorious
05-02-2015, 07:52 AM
Center is the QB of the OLine.

Morse can play every position so he understands where everyone should be and should have the tools and knowledge to run the OLine.

Not an exciting pick, but could be a very nice player.

buddha
05-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Your and idiot

:LOL:LMAO:LOL:LMAO:LOL::LOL:

That kU education is paying off nicely, I see. Oh...where is Bremner when you need him?

Mitch played out of position last year at LOT. He has the feet and size to play that position, but it's not his best spot on the line. Dude is very smart, plays through the whistle and has leadership stitched into every part of his brain. The other offensive linemen at Missouri loved Mitch...great teammate. When he played ROT or one of the guard positions, Mitch dominated. He's a very strong, technically strong lineman.

The comparisons with Jeff Allen don't make any sense to me.

I wasn't an immediate fan of the selection, but it now makes sense to me. I do think Mitch would have been there in the third, but maybe the Chiefs know a bit more about it than I do. ;)

I do know this...nobody will ever be sorry to have a Mitch Morse on their offensive line.

notorious
05-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Your and idiot

:LOL:LMAO:LOL:LMAO:LOL::LOL:

That kU education is paying off nicely, I see.

http://blogs.ubc.ca/jessjesschen/files/2012/11/pandasad.gif

DJ's left nut
05-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Why will he suck?

MU fans, inform me on this.

He won't. SNR was just a little emotional due to the shock of the pick, I suspect.

Morse is a guy that everyone should want to root for. He's as self-made as they come. He wasn't a highly regarded recruit and was something of an afterthought for Mizzou fans (we were pretty positive Nick Demien was going to be a star out of that class). But the bottom line was that he just flat outworked guys like Demien and Gatti. He's part of a lunchpail O-line that's outperformed expectations for as long as he's been a starter.

As far as his skills, he reminds me a ton of Britt in that I never thought he had the athleticism/length to succeed at tackle in the SEC. However, the guy played extremely smart and was able to get buy on guile. Somebody here has a line in their sig from, I think, Will Shields that says something to the effect of 'if you can't whup 'em, you have to become a technician' and that's essentially what Morse did. He turned himself into an extremely sound lineman that was able to get the job done at the highest level in college despite being a little athletically limited for the position.

Now, that's not the case on the interior. In fact, in terms of pure athleticism he's actually a well above average interior lineman.

In the end, I think once the shock of him going in the 2nd round wore off, I came around on him a bit. Honestly I still think he's a 3rd rounder but evidently there were multiple teams that liked him in the 2nd. I don't know that he's a guy that can easily carry the weight he needs to excel on the interior so he'll probably have to work his ass off to keep his weight up. The good news is that he lived in the weight room so maybe he'll pull it off.

Here's what I think Dorsey sees - his next Jason Kelce. Kelce was another self-made guy who just flat worked his way to the top. He's a plus athlete that fights for his weight. I think Morse has a lot of the same traits in terms of attitude and desire that Reid saw in Kelce.

This isn't an awful pick. It's not the pick I'd have made but I think it will yield us a pretty good player. I don't think there's a ton of upside there but I do think he'll make an above average starter at C or G at this level. With our struggles on the interior line last year, that's not a bad use of a 2nd. Ultimately I think we're more upset by this pick because of what the draft guides say should have gone here than we are by the pick itself.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Anyone who cries about a pick being a reach should be forced to watch an endless loop of Sharktopus.

DJ's left nut
05-02-2015, 08:09 AM

It's stupid.

Nah.

Jeff Allen is a pussy and has heavy legs, that's why he's struggled so badly.

Morse is a very hard-nosed and aggressive blocker with very quick feet and plus athleticism.

He's Jeff Allen if you take away the two things that make Jeff Allen bad.

He's a round early and in a marginal position, but don't overplay your hand. The guy will be a pretty good player.

milkman
05-02-2015, 08:12 AM
He won't. SNR was just a little emotional due to the shock of the pick, I suspect.

Morse is a guy that everyone should want to root for. He's as self-made as they come. He wasn't a highly regarded recruit and was something of an afterthought for Mizzou fans (we were pretty positive Nick Demien was going to be a star out of that class). But the bottom line was that he just flat outworked guys like Demien and Gatti. He's part of a lunchpail O-line that's outperformed expectations for as long as he's been a starter.

As far as his skills, he reminds me a ton of Britt in that I never thought he had the athleticism/length to succeed at tackle in the SEC. However, the guy played extremely smart and was able to get buy on guile. Somebody here has a line in their sig from, I think, Will Shields that says something to the effect of 'if you can't whup 'em, you have to become a technician' and that's essentially what Morse did. He turned himself into an extremely sound lineman that was able to get the job done at the highest level in college despite being a little athletically limited for the position.

Now, that's not the case on the interior. In fact, in terms of pure athleticism he's actually a well above average interior lineman.

In the end, I think once the shock of him going in the 2nd round wore off, I came around on him a bit. Honestly I still think he's a 3rd rounder but evidently there were multiple teams that liked him in the 2nd. I don't know that he's a guy that can easily carry the weight he needs to excel on the interior so he'll probably have to work his ass off to keep his weight up. The good news is that he lived in the weight room so maybe he'll pull it off.

Here's what I think Dorsey sees - his next Jason Kelce. Kelce was another self-made guy who just flat worked his way to the top. He's a plus athlete that fights for his weight. I think Morse has a lot of the same traits in terms of attitude and desire that Reid saw in Kelce.

This isn't an awful pick. It's not the pick I'd have made but I think it will yield us a pretty good player. I don't think there's a ton of upside there but I do think he'll make an above average starter at C or G at this level. With our struggles on the interior line last year, that's not a bad use of a 2nd. Ultimately I think we're more upset by this pick because of what the draft guides say should have gone here than we are by the pick itself.

Not the guy I would have picked, and certainly not where he was picked, but I have been banging the drum all offseason that we needed to address the O-Line with at least one of our top 4 picks, so I am not going to complain that they did just exactly that.

DJ's left nut
05-02-2015, 08:15 AM
wow guys !??!??!

a late 2nd round pick may not end up being an all-pro!??!

omg

...it's like

every other 2nd round pick which is a 30% hit at best

!

you guys are hilarious

And maybe that's the problem.

As fans, we're all pretty conditioned to teams taking high risk/high reward guys in the 2nd round. It's generally the theme of the round; guys with skills to be 1st rounders but red flags that push them down a round.

The Chiefs simply didn't go that route. They didn't go high risk/high reward. They took a guy that will almost certainly play in the league for several years. I don't imagine he'll be among the elite, but he could easily be a Casey Wiegmann type that plays a little undersized for a decade and gets by through intelligence and athleticism. And again, Morse isn't exactly weak either; he's a big man he's just not a mauler. He's much larger/stronger than Weigmann was.

It's not the pick I'd have made, but there were good reasons to make it. I do think Grasu is probably a better interior lineman to have taken there but this suggests that perhaps Reid's looking more zone. Morse probably is the best zone blocking C available in this draft due to his feet/athleticism.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Well when you have people saying a second has to be an all pro to be a good pick it does give others false realities....unless you actually look at the success rate of the round.

Reerun_KC
05-02-2015, 08:35 AM
http://blogs.ubc.ca/jessjesschen/files/2012/11/pandasad.gif

:LOL:

RealSNR
05-02-2015, 08:44 AM
SNR, I like you man, but this is hyperbole. Hate to say it, but we need competition at C. Whoever wins, wins. If Kush goes in to camp with no competition what-so-ever, does he come out for the season being the best he could possibly be?

You can debate the round he took him in, but what I see is a supposedly versatile OL, who could fill gaps across the board, should he not win then we have someone who can supposedly play as anyone's back up. Versatility is valuable in the NFL.

just my $.02

Versatility is good. It's NOT good when you're looking for a starter. It's why I hated the Cameron Erving pick so much in mock drafts.

And yes, Morse is a 2nd round pick. The Chiefs are looking for a starter.

DJ's left nut
05-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Versatility is good. It's NOT good when you're looking for a starter. It's why I hated the Cameron Erving pick so much in mock drafts.

And yes, Morse is a 2nd round pick. The Chiefs are looking for a starter.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Dorsey's rationale for the pick.

You don't use a 2nd rounder on a guy because he's versatile.

I still say they took him because Reid thinks he's going to be the next Jason Kelce.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-02-2015, 08:53 AM
I seriously hope someone buys you a dictionary, or prescribes you some Lithium.
Who uses a fucking dictionary in the digital age of spell check and Google? Also you don't need a prescription for lithium anymore, it's available over the counter in the form of batteries.

RealSNR
05-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Dorsey's rationale for the pick.

You don't use a 2nd rounder on a guy because he's versatile.

I still say they took him because Reid thinks he's going to be the next Jason Kelce.

I still haven't learned how to be wrong when it comes to hating on high Chiefs picks. They've whiffed on so many, and there have been too many Jon Baldwin picks I liked who also sucked eggs.

Dontari Poe is probably the first Type 1 error I've made when it comes to that stuff. I'm not used to it, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Halfcan
05-02-2015, 09:48 AM

:thumb: Probably the best write up I have seen on the guy.

I hope this was one of the High Impact guys-Dorsey was referring too-they must really love him to pick him at least a round early on most boards.

ThaVirus
05-02-2015, 10:01 AM
I do think Grasu is probably a better interior lineman to have taken there but this suggests that perhaps Reid's looking more zone. Morse probably is the best zone blocking C available in this draft due to his feet/athleticism.

Good. Fuck that power blocking bullshit.

Titty Meat
05-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Nuts write up make a him sound like a versatile Wiegmann. Anyway I'll believe it when I see it. If it's one thing this staff has done a bad job at its drafting/signing offensive linemen.

L.A. Chieffan
05-02-2015, 10:09 AM
I think it's a great pick. This board has gone insane with the irrational hate towards anything OL

Lineman win Ships

SeeingRed
05-02-2015, 10:12 AM
I still haven't learned how to be wrong when it comes to hating on high Chiefs picks. They've whiffed on so many, and there have been too many Jon Baldwin picks I liked who also sucked eggs.

Dontari Poe is probably the first Type 1 error I've made when it comes to that stuff. I'm not used to it, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

Dontari Poe is a pretty big miss. The man is a bear who ran a 4.9 at 350 lbs and benched 44 reps. How could you miss on that guy?

L.A. Chieffan
05-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Almost everybody here hated the Poe pick when it happened. ALMOST everybody *cough cough* not me. And I was ridiculed for it.

SeeingRed
05-02-2015, 10:15 AM
I think it's a great pick. This board has gone insane with the irrational hate towards anything OL

Lineman win Ships

I think he has great feet and can play all 5 positions (certainly both guards and center). More of a sound rather than sexy in 2nd round but I don't think it was a bad pick. Created more depth on the line and his versatility is being undervalued.

milkman
05-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Almost everybody here hated the Poe pick when it happened. ALMOST everybody *cough cough* not me. And I was ridiculed for it.

Full kool-aid drinking homer trolls get no credit for anything.

It's the price you pay for the sheer stupidity of your trollery.