PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs *****The Rakeem Nunez-Roches Thread*****

Dante84
05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e13z6wl1gZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NUsrIQ6p7G4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_cFgealxkeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PLAYER LOWDOWN

COMBINE RESULTS
40 YD 20 YD 10 YD 225 BENCH VERTICAL JUMP BROAD SHUTTLE 3-CONE DRILL
5.02 2.90 1.71 26 34 9'6" 4.69 7.67
WORKOUT RESULTS
- - - - - - - -
STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Adequate size and length for the position with packed-on muscle...quick off the snap to shoot games, showing improved pre-snap reads and anticipation...rangy player with lateral quickness to make stops in pursuit, downfield and outside the hashes...moves well for his size and a regular visitor in the backfield...natural knee bend, body control and leverage to anchor at the point of attack...stays square and finds the ball quickly - not a coincidence that he's always around the ball.
Heady player to pick up screens and recognize offensive tendencies...flashes a finishing motor, always sticking his nose in the fire...played a high volume of snaps and was the playmaker of the defense...productive starter and finished among the conference leaders with 14.0 tackles for loss in 2014 - tallied two blocked kicks on special teams...self-starter with a driven, survivor mentality - was homeless at certain points of his life and now holds fundraisers to help those less fortunate...high character, well-mannered individual with core moral values - has developed a passion for football.

WEAKNESSES: Needs to continue and develop his functional strength...extends well off the snap to shoot his hands, but needs to do it consistently - lacks shock in his punch...needs to keep his eyes elevated and improve his discipline...bad habit of using his shoulder to initiate contact, allowing his body to get turned...still raw in areas and needs to play more technically-sound - needs repetition and hard coaching...needs to play smarter and eliminate the unnecessary penalties - too many roughing and late hits on his resume...durability needs investigated after a knee injury (Sept. 2013) that ended his junior season.

IN OUR VIEW: Born and raised in Dangriga, Belize, Nunez-Roches, who speaks English and Garifuna and is the grandson of a former three-term mayor in Belize, arrived in the United States with his mother in 2000 and they traveled across the country, living out of their car at times, before setting in Alabama for his high school years. He picked up football and developed into Southern Miss' top defensive player, playing primarily the one- and zero-technique positions.

Nunez-Roches is a quick-footed penetrator who is at his best shooting gaps or using his quick extension to attack and drive blockers backwards. He has a unique perspective and the coaches say his optimistic attitude, on football and life, rubs off on his teammates and everyone he meets. Nunez-Roches needs coached up to groom the technical side of his game, but the raw tools and motivated attitude are there for him to develop into a disruptive role player in the NFL and eventual starter, possibly as soon as his rookie season.

--Dane Brugler

PLAYER OVERVIEW

A two-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Nunez-Roches picked up steam throughout the recruitment process, choosing to attend Southern Miss over offers from Arkansas, Wisconsin and Memphis.
He played sparingly in six games as a true freshman and recorded two tackles. Nunez-Roches became a starter in 2012 (11 starts), recording 37 tackles, 6.0 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack, earning All-CUSA Honorable Mention honors. He started the first two games of 2013 before an injury ended his season, taking a medical redshirt. Nunez-Roches returned healthy in 2014 and started 11 games, finishing with 58 tackles, 14.0 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks, earning First Team All-CUSA honors. He chose to skip his senior season to enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

Frosty
05-02-2015, 03:07 PM
You're really fast at this

chop
PLAYER LOWDOWN

COMBINE RESULTS
5.02 2.90 1.71 26 34 9'6" 4.69 7.67
WORKOUT RESULTS
- - - - - - - -
STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Adequate size and length for the position with packed-on muscle...quick off the snap to shoot games, showing improved pre-snap reads and anticipation...rangy player with lateral quickness to make stops in pursuit, downfield and outside the hashes...moves well for his size and a regular visitor in the backfield...natural knee bend, body control and leverage to anchor at the point of attack...stays square and finds the ball quickly - not a coincidence that he's always around the ball.
Heady player to pick up screens and recognize offensive tendencies...flashes a finishing motor, always sticking his nose in the fire...played a high volume of snaps and was the playmaker of the defense...productive starter and finished among the conference leaders with 14.0 tackles for loss in 2014 - tallied two blocked kicks on special teams...self-starter with a driven, survivor mentality - was homeless at certain points of his life and now holds fundraisers to help those less fortunate...high character, well-mannered individual with core moral values - has developed a passion for football.

WEAKNESSES: Needs to continue and develop his functional strength...extends well off the snap to shoot his hands, but needs to do it consistently - lacks shock in his punch...needs to keep his eyes elevated and improve his discipline...bad habit of using his shoulder to initiate contact, allowing his body to get turned...still raw in areas and needs to play more technically-sound - needs repetition and hard coaching...needs to play smarter and eliminate the unnecessary penalties - too many roughing and late hits on his resume...durability needs investigated after a knee injury (Sept. 2013) that ended his junior season.

IN OUR VIEW: Born and raised in Dangriga, Belize, Nunez-Roches, who speaks English and Garifuna and is the grandson of a former three-term mayor in Belize, arrived in the United States with his mother in 2000 and they traveled across the country, living out of their car at times, before setting in Alabama for his high school years. He picked up football and developed into Southern Miss' top defensive player, playing primarily the one- and zero-technique positions.

Nunez-Roches is a quick-footed penetrator who is at his best shooting gaps or using his quick extension to attack and drive blockers backwards. He has a unique perspective and the coaches say his optimistic attitude, on football and life, rubs off on his teammates and everyone he meets. Nunez-Roches needs coached up to groom the technical side of his game, but the raw tools and motivated attitude are there for him to develop into a disruptive role player in the NFL and eventual starter, possibly as soon as his rookie season.

--Dane Brugler

PLAYER OVERVIEW

A two-star defensive tackle recruit out of high school, Nunez-Roches picked up steam throughout the recruitment process, choosing to attend Southern Miss over offers from Arkansas, Wisconsin and Memphis.
He played sparingly in six games as a true freshman and recorded two tackles. Nunez-Roches became a starter in 2012 (11 starts), recording 37 tackles, 6.0 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack, earning All-CUSA Honorable Mention honors. He started the first two games of 2013 before an injury ended his season, taking a medical redshirt. Nunez-Roches returned healthy in 2014 and started 11 games, finishing with 58 tackles, 14.0 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks, earning First Team All-CUSA honors. He chose to skip his senior season to enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

Discuss Thrower
Nunez-REACHES amirite?!

thabear04
05-02-2015, 03:08 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-d7ELRphUjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_cFgealxkeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thabear04
05-02-2015, 03:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NUsrIQ6p7G4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
05-02-2015, 03:10 PM
You're really fast at this

Template with asterisk ready
A,period for the post

Copy and past name from Twitter

First!

xztop123
05-02-2015, 03:12 PM
preemptive welcome to Canton

TribalElder
05-02-2015, 03:12 PM
The run down on that one tackle was waaay down field

That was impressive didn't give up

Mr. Laz
05-02-2015, 03:15 PM
a 3-tech?

Bwana
05-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Belize, no shit?

MMXcalibur
05-02-2015, 03:18 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP

Joe_Camel
05-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Best vertical among DT's (34 in)

Easy 6
05-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Another end... guess Sutton will just shift to different fronts when Poe needs a breather?

I don't care as long as we quit beating this poor man to death.

Dante84
05-02-2015, 03:34 PM
He had a pretty sweet game vs. Alabama

Jerok
05-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Just heard his interview on 810. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy. I like his attitude. Also grew up without running water, so you know, he won't need to drink water at games, right?

ChiefGator
05-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Just heard his interview on 810. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy. I like his attitude. Also grew up without running water, so you know, he won't need to drink water at games, right?

Profit!

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Nunez-REACHES amirite?!

Dipshit poster is a dipshit. Amirite?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-02-2015, 05:46 PM
So many worthless n00bs at OAD for adoption consideration.

But whom?

rtmike
05-02-2015, 06:33 PM
steal...

BossChief
05-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Intriguing player.

He got drafted into the best situation he could hope for. It's gonna be interesting to see how he does after packing on even more muscle while learning and earning playing time.

thabear04
05-04-2015, 12:08 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/5/4/8539981/kansas-city-chiefs-draft-picks-rakeem-nunez-roches-amazing-story-belize

In the sixth round of the 2015 NFL Draft on Saturday the Kansas City Chiefs selected Southern Miss DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches. The fact that he is here in the United States about to play in the NFL is incredible.

Nunez-Roches was born in Dangriga, Belize. His life before coming to the United States when he was eight years old sounds rough.

"Really when I got here, I was excited," Nunez-Roches told the KC media on Saturday, via quotes from the Chiefs. "Everything amazed me from the little things - running water to electricity. Because that's not what I'm used to, that wasn't what I was accustomed to."

Nunez-Roches' mom wanted him playing a sport to avoid getting into trouble but football wasn't his main sport.

"It really wasn't just football, my number one sport was baseball," Nunez-Roches said. "It went baseball, football and then basketball and track."

Nunez-Roches described himself as a "phenomenal" baseball player playing first, third and pitcher.

"I like the physicality and the competition and the camaraderie of football. That's what made me stick to it."

Before converting to the defensive line at his Alabama high school, he was a quarterback.

"Growing up and seeing the hardships of my mom from job to job, being homeless periodically from here and there, having to move a lot of places, relocating depending on job security. I really took that and I ran with it. Just seeing my mom and I knew I wanted to be in the best situation where I grew up to put her and my kids in the best situation. I think that's what motivated me to be the best I can be. On and off the field."

Pretty amazing story, huh?

As for this quote on why he chose football ...

"I think I was more of a physical guy; I wanted to get anger off. You can't hit too many people in baseball, you can just hit the ball."

... He really should talk to the Kansas City Royals.

Faddy Yomama
05-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Not bad. Love this pick.