PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs *****The Da'Ron Brown Thread*****

Dante84
05-02-2015, 03:42 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aaihY27LKYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d4xgDRmF79c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iconic
05-02-2015, 03:43 PM
IN?

thabear04
05-02-2015, 03:43 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d4xgDRmF79c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aaihY27LKYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C-EmfHRa6hQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
05-02-2015, 03:44 PM
We are sorry, Mr. Brown.

thabear04
05-02-2015, 03:44 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2mzY9qnQNtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cmd'r&Chief
05-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Nice blocking skills, I guess...

RealSNR
05-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Really wish the Chiefs would have drafted John Brown last year.

Instead we got DaWrong Brown

ptlyon
OL MO

Cmd'r&Chief
Anybody have his Measurables?

KCUnited
05-02-2015, 03:47 PM
6'0 203

Easy 6
05-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Took two cornerbacks.

Took two inside linebackers.

And we now have two Da'somebodies at receiver.

Its been a very weird draft IMO, didn't play out AT ALL like I had hoped... doesn't mean I hate all of it, but its been... strange.

OldSchool
05-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Took two cornerbacks.

Its been a very weird draft IMO, didn't play out AT ALL like I had hoped... doesn't mean I hate all of it, but its been... strange.
Agreed. I hoped for some other players but don't really hate the guys who were taken.

Iconic
05-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Took two cornerbacks.

It's definitely put to rest the whole 'Dorsey goes BPA' crowd.

staylor26
05-02-2015, 03:58 PM

Need is factored into the board already. No team drafts based on pure BPA. There are many factors that go into coming up with a big board. Just stfu already.

TribalElder
05-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Took two cornerbacks.

I didn't follow much of it but first round I hope the guy we drafted pans out, the rest of the AFC west all picked hits in my opinion

Sully
05-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Special teams. Nothing to get worked up about one way or another.

Easy 6
Agreed. I hoped for some other players but don't really hate the guys who were taken.

Seems like he tries to stick with BPA early, but sooner or later ends up drafting to replace.

So many unknown names and redundancy in this draft that it seems impossible to "grade"... almost seems like other teams picks totally ****ed up our guys board and they had to scramble to get something they found decent.

I dunno, no draft expert here, just guessing at it... but it was a weird draft for sure.

Iconic
Need is factored into the board already. No team drafts based on pure BPA. There are many factors that go into coming up with a big board. Just stfu already.

If this were true Paul Dawson would be a Chief right now.

milkman

No it really doesn't.

Somewhere in a thread in draft planet, I said that I thought Dorsey thinks that this team is close to competing, and that he would have an eye on need in this draft.

I was surprised with his first pick of Peters, cause that was easily a BPA pick.

What this draft tells you is that he is going to try to match position with value, as he sees it.

And clearly, we have very little idea of actual value.

Has Tre McBride been drafted yet?

Zach Vigil?

Guys that many had going in the 3rd to 5th rounds are still sitting on the board.

I'd like to think I know a little something, but frankly, it'd be pretty damn arrogant and stupid of me to sit here and say that Morse is poor value.

John Dorsey has a far better idea of value than any of us dumbass armchair GMs.

staylor26
05-02-2015, 04:05 PM
No it really doesn't.

Somewhere in a thread in draft planet, I said that I thought Dorsey thinks that this team is close to competing, and that he would have an eye on need in this draft.

I was surprised with his first pick of Peters, cause that was easily a BPA pick.

What this draft tells you is that he is going to try to match position with value, as he sees it.

Zach Vigil?

Guys that many had going in the 3rd to 5th rounds are still sitting on the board.

I'd like to think I know a little something, but frankly, it'd be pretty damn arrogant and stupid of me to sit here and say that Morse is poor value.

:clap: "I know that I'm intelligent, because I know that I know nothing"

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-02-2015, 04:06 PM
No it really doesn't.

Zach Vigil?

:clap:

ChiefGator
05-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Indeed.. and not just Dorsey, but a whole team of scouts, watching and rewatching every game, talking to 10-20 contacts for each possible higher pick. They do their homework.

I just sit hit and bitch. And how many times have we heard to high to pick player X just to have him go right or very close after we pick.

We (and the armchair GMs on the TV with few exceptions) seriously have no clue.

I am happy with the overall speed and athleticism brought in. Dorsey obviously DOES believe in the coaches as teachers.

LoneWolf
05-02-2015, 04:11 PM
No it really doesn't.

Zach Vigil?

Best post during the entire three days of the draft. Bravo. :clap:

listopencil
05-02-2015, 04:11 PM
What is the apostrophe for? Does it replace an "r"?

Iconic
05-02-2015, 04:50 PM
No it really doesn't.

Zach Vigil?

Yeah I guess I can see your point. BPA is relative to the person doing the drafting. The way a team stacks their board must take into account positional value, scheme fit, etc. and from there a chump on a forum might have a different perception of what player is BPA than a GM.

However I still think there's a threshold of common sense where you have to think, oh **** that's a really bad pick. Morse definitely tested that threshold for me.

milkman
05-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Yeah I guess I can see your point. BPA is relative to the person doing the drafting. The way a team stacks their board must take into account positional value, scheme fit, etc. and from there a chump on a forum might have a different perception of what player is BPA than a GM.

However I still think there's a threshold of common sense where you have to think, oh **** that's a really bad pick. Morse definitely tested that threshold for me.

I'm on record that I didn't like the pick.

But Dorsey and the Chiefs clearly had him rated highly, and also have a far better idea how he is rated within the NFL community than you or I.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-02-2015, 05:05 PM
After watching the vid's I feel better. For a late round pick we may have done good with him.

NIUhuskies
05-02-2015, 05:28 PM
obviously i LOVE the pick... i've watched him for 4 years, kid can ball

Frosty
05-02-2015, 05:53 PM
obviously i LOVE the pick... i've watched him for 4 years, kid can ball

It is pretty fun when your pro team drafts someone you have watched for years at your college. I got two this year. :)

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-02-2015, 06:00 PM
He's a poor mans Amari Cooper.

booger
05-02-2015, 06:08 PM
once he's got the ball in his hands he reminds me a bit of Anquan Boldin for some reason