PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will Albert Wilson be our Steve Smith?

Dante84
05-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Found the article below when looking up Albert Wilson stuff, and it got me thinking, so I went back and pulled their combine numbers.

They are eerily similar, except that Wilson is slightly bigger, faster, quicker and can jump further than Smith. I couldn't find Smith's bench numbers, so I'm not sure who's stronger, but he did have a higher Vert than Wilson by 1 inch.

Wilson
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 202 lbs
40yd Dash: 4.43 seconds
20yd shuttle: 4.21 seconds
Vertical: 37.5 inches
3 Cone: 7.00 seconds
Broad: 10 feet, 3 inches
Bench: 10 reps

Steve Smith, Sr.
Height: 5'9" (=)
Weight: 184 lbs (-20)
40yd Dash: 4.41 seconds (- 0.02)
20yd shuttle: 4.25 seconds (+ 0.04)
Vertical: 38.5 inches (+1)
3 Cone: 7.44 seconds (+0.44)
Broad: 10 feet, 1 inches (- 2)
Bench: ??

Chiefs’ Albert Wilson hopes to mold game after Steve Smith Sr. (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/article5935734.html)

The day after the Chiefs’ season-ending win over the San Diego Chargers, rookie receiver Albert Wilson was already talking about the offseason, and how he planned on improving.

“I’ll probably leave sometime this week, and I’ll probably be back within the month,” Wilson said. “Just to get (down) the mental part of the game and pound the playbook with the quarterback that’s probably here.”

Though Wilson was upset the season had come to an end — like the rest of his teammates, he hoped for a playoff berth after going 9-7 in 2014 — it’s hard to blame him for being excited about a rookie year that was a success.

After a prolific college career at Georgia State, Wilson signed with the Chiefs in May and immediately set about opening eyes in organized team activities and training camp. An ankle injury early in the season stifled his progress for a while. But after injuries rocked the Chiefs’ receiving corps, Wilson earned his first start in week 14 against Arizona and caught four passes for 53 yards and never looked back.

For the season, Wilson caught 16 passes for 260 yards and continued to flash the explosiveness that made him a camp standout.

“Words can’t even describe how happy and proud of myself I am for taking full advantage of the situation I was in and becoming the person I know I can become,” Wilson said.

But at 22, he’s still a young player, which means that process is still underway. For instance, the 5-foot-9, 200-pound Wilson is eager to start building up his body in the weight room this offseason, just so he’s better equipped to deal with the dings and dents of the season.

“I have to get stronger, first of all,” Wilson said. “I have to eat the weights.”

Wilson also knows he has to continue to study Andy Reid’s voluminous playbook, a process that tends to get easier in year two for young players.

“The mental part of the game is a huge part of it, and that’s something I’m still adjusting to, just being mentally tough and mentally knowing everything,” Wilson said.

Wilson, however, will also mix in a unique twist during his offseason preparations. In addition to getting in the weight room and pounding the playbook, he plans on studying some more tape of Baltimore receiver Steve Smith Sr., who serves as a football role model, of sorts, because they’re roughly the same size.

“Steve Smith, man, that’s who I base my whole game off of,” Wilson said. “I feel like being a small receiver, they’re quick to put you on the inside. I feel like he made a statement that he can play anywhere on the field. And you don’t need to be 6-4, 220 pounds to be your ideal receiver.”

At age 35, Smith Sr. — a five-time Pro Bowler — had yet another strong season with 79 receptions for 1,065 yards and six touchdowns.

And while Smith’s hands and route running have made him a star the last 14 years, Wilson said he appreciates Smith’s competitiveness more than anything.

“He’s the most competitive person I’ve watched, ever,” Wilson said. “From practice interviews to playing on the field, he’s always competing.”

But does Wilson have some of that in him?

“Of course,” Wilson said quickly. “Like everything he does, I’ve tried to base myself off of it. I see where he went with his career. He’s been playing multiple years, I’m trying to play multiple years. Our weight and height is similar. Why can’t I do it? Why can’t I do it?”

Wilson’s receivers coach during his last year at Georgia State was Keary Colbert, who played with Smith while both were with the Carolna Panthers.

“He gave me their one-on-ones and stuff that I can really study that you can’t find on just regular TV or YouTube,” Wilson said. “I could watch the same one 15 times, and there’s probably something I can learn every time I watch it.”

Wilson is aiming high, for sure — Smith is a possible Hall of Famer — but at the very least Wilson is a young player with upside at a position where the Chiefs have plenty of need.

“I think we all saw in training camp what he could offer,” general manager John Dorsey said. “He had the setback with the ankle ... then the last quarter of the season you began to see what we saw — a guy who knows how to play the game of football. It’s not too big for him, he can catch the ball, he can run after the catch.”

Dorsey said the expectation for Wilson next season is to simply increase his production. When asked whether he views Wilson as a No. 2 receiver, he said the team will wait until training camp to make that determination.

“He’s got a chance to be a pretty good player,” Dorsey said. “I think what you do is you watch him grow in the offseason. Watch him in training camp. In my heart of hearts, I know what I think he can be and I think he’s a pretty good player. I think he has a chance to grow and get better, and with David Culley as his coach, I feel very strongly that he can develop into that.”

So while Wilson will allow himself to revel in a solid rookie year, he knows that if he is to fulfill his potential — and be mentioned in he same breath as Smith one day — he still has a lot of work to do, and Culley, the wide receivers coach, is going to help him get there.

“Coach Culley thinks I held my own … he thinks I progressed pretty good for how young I am,” Wilson said. “He just let me know that there’s room to get better.”

And a college highlight video for fun - but play on mute because the music is shit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kAlnB4Vs2hY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OnTheWarpath15
05-08-2015, 06:29 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/ltTdYrhonpa1O/giphy.gif

RealSNR
05-08-2015, 06:30 PM
http://www.hrwiki.org/w/images/thumb/f/f8/Whfchance.PNG/180px-Whfchance.PNG

Dante84
05-08-2015, 06:35 PM
http://www.hrwiki.org/w/images/thumb/f/f8/Whfchance.PNG/180px-Whfchance.PNG

Teen Girl Squad rep!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/539zCn8ySbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee
05-08-2015, 06:36 PM
If he succeeds, I'd be ecstatic.

Steve and Sproles are two of our bigger FA misses of recent to my mind, and if Wilson and D'AT can emulate them, it would be a great confidence builder.

TribalElder
05-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Will herpes be our syphillis

Easy 6
05-08-2015, 06:39 PM
The one thing those combine numbers cant measure, is someones heart... its the biggest attribute of all.

Does Wilson have the extreme competitive desire Smith does, the kind of will to be great that makes someone 5'9 be able to out jump/muscle 6'1 cornerbacks?

Steve Smith is literally a 6'5 man in a 5'9 body, thats how he see's himself, thats exactly how he plays, dude has the biggest short man complex on earth, that mfer DARES you to look down on him, God bless him... its impossible to measure a mans desire and other intangibles.

So yeah, Wilson better eat a bigass bowl of HEART each morning before trying to emulate his hero.

Deberg_1990
05-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Da whistle go Woo Woo!

Hammock Parties
05-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Yes, and Alex Smith will be our Jake Delhomme.

http://i.imgur.com/SskJ0gs.gif

Discuss Thrower
05-08-2015, 06:48 PM

Google Wes Welker, Wayne Chrebet and Rod Smith and then get back to me.

notorious
05-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Steve Smith is a badass mother-fucker.

Wilson is...........nothing.

NJChiefsFan
05-08-2015, 06:51 PM

Ugh. That play....

Dante84
05-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Syphillis Rivers

fyp

Dante84
05-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Da whistle go Woo Woo!

Gets me every time

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-08-2015, 06:54 PM
This will be his big year

Dante84
05-08-2015, 06:55 PM

Google Wes Welker, Wayne Chrebet and Rod Smith and then get back to me.

Nah

Easy 6
05-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Steve Smith is a badass mother-****er.

Yup, gaurantee that mfer would've gotten a touchdown out of Alex last year... still think we should've picked him up.

1000+ yards at the age of 35?... his body is surely starting to let him down, but dude is maybe the most competitive man in any professional sport, this team is in the playoffs last year with Steve Smith.

Dante84
05-08-2015, 06:58 PM

Well, of course not. One is a 35 year old Pro Bowl WR. The other has basically played in 2 games.

That's why the thread is titled as a question, as opposed to a declaration.

It's a message board. We get to pontificate and bullshit about what could happen.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-08-2015, 06:59 PM

I guess we will find out. Our players seem to be really motivated.

NJChiefsFan
05-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Yup, gaurantee that mfer would've gotten a touchdown out of Alex last year... still think we should've picked him up.

1000+ yards at the age of 35?... his body is surely starting to let him down, but dude is maybe the most competitive man in any professional sport, this team is in the playoffs last year with Steve Smith.

Like you said, biggest chip on a persons shoulder you will ever see. Had more of an impact on his career than any of his measurables.

Discuss Thrower
05-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Nah

Your choice to be naive and assume Wilson is going to do demonstratably better than a Hall of Famer and two very productive UDFAs.

Dante84
05-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Your choice to be naive and assume Wilson is going to do demonstratably better than a Hall of Famer and two very productive UDFAs.

You made an assumption, not me. When did I say any of that?

Get your words out of my mouth, sicko.

In58men
05-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Will Mike Catapano be our Jared Allen

Titty Meat
05-08-2015, 07:08 PM
We should be happy if he's a #3 wr

O.city
05-08-2015, 07:12 PM

You've brought this up before, but what does either of those 3 players have to do with Wilson?

Dante84
05-08-2015, 07:15 PM
We should be happy if he's a #3 wr

I would be happy with that

SAUTO
05-08-2015, 07:15 PM
No fucking way

Buehler445
05-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Maybe. Steve Smith has a mountain of heart. But it takes more than that. Steve Smith has game. He's just a flat out baller with (used to be) elite speed, a mountain of heart and tough as a 9 lb sledge.

That's a lot of shit that has to come together. I went to the Faid game last year and what I took away from that is Wilson has heart. There was a play that got piled up and he comes flying in from the sideline and plows headlong into the pile. I turned to my buddy and mentioned somebody was wound up. He blocks like shit but he'd go find a linebacker to get fucked up by every damn play.

Bottom line: I think he has guts and want to. Not sure if he's got game.

IowaChiefs83
05-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Steve Smith is one of my favorite receivers. If Wilson can successfully emulate his career after him I think we'll more than probable be in good shape.

Dante84
05-08-2015, 07:19 PM
You've brought this up before, but what does either of those 3 players have to do with Wilson?

What's funny is that he brought up those players...

then told me that I am assuming that our 22 year old WR is "demonstratably" better than all of them. I wouldn't even use the word "demonstratably" in relation to this situation, nor did I insinuate anything of that nature.

And I thought my ex girlfriend was crazy! She used to have dreams of me cheating then be mad at me for them.

IowaChiefs83
05-08-2015, 07:21 PM
BTW Inmem Steve Smith was a third round draft pick. :thumb:

OldSchool
05-08-2015, 07:27 PM
I like Wilson and I think he has the same kind of competitive fire, I just don't think that he's quite as natural as a receiver.

milkman
05-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Will Mike Catapano be our Jared Allen

No.

JJ Watt.

Dunerdr
05-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Will Alex smith allow Albert Wilson to be our Steve smith?

Dante84
05-08-2015, 07:46 PM

I miss Rachel.

She does the Spurs stuff, so I still see her occasionally up here in Austin news.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Will Alex Smith be our Steve Bono?

RealSNR
05-08-2015, 08:18 PM
I miss Rachel.

She does the Spurs stuff, so I still see her occasionally up here in Austin news.

Does she now weigh like 300 lbs?

They got a lotta big ol' women in San Antonio.

Victoria is DEFINITELY a secret down there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2015, 08:25 PM

Dude, I TOTALLY envision Smith going full-Delhomme in a AFCCG.

I mean, you can literally film it in your mind.

BoneKrusher
05-08-2015, 08:28 PM

Great question.
if so Alex needs to get over the 5 yard dump offs.

Dunerdr
05-08-2015, 09:03 PM
I miss Rachel.

I miss her as well. Time to find some shred of hope for greatness turd to hopelessly follow and eventually put in her place. Wilson and big cat already have followings, tomahawk has bray. I'm thinking morse might be my hated by everyone project.

Sanders commings comes to mind but I don't have a gut feeling like I did kelce and he doesn't have funny snapchats.

Dunerdr
05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Great question.
if so Alex needs to get over the 5 yard dump offs.

Your two almost three years late on this conversation. Sweet daddy and inmen will get you up to speed.

notorious
05-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Wilson hasn't displayed the "Fuck You!" attitude like my boy has throughout his career.

SS plays with a fire that is unparalleled.

chiefs1111
05-08-2015, 09:09 PM

Every time I see this play,a little piece of me dies inside

Hammock Parties
05-08-2015, 09:12 PM

Eventually you turn into this:

http://skeptoid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/russian-sleep-experiment-2.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
05-08-2015, 10:14 PM
More like Steve Smehth

OldSchool
05-09-2015, 01:32 AM

Agreed, makes me glad that they drafted Morse to compete with Kush for the starting Center position. Right up the middle.

Terribilis
05-09-2015, 02:01 AM
[QUOTE=Stop, Chiefs;11488152]Eventually you turn into this:

Wtf is that?

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Wtf is that?

Our fan base.

SeeingRed
05-09-2015, 03:50 AM

i agree with Steve Smith being a badass mother****er.....Wilson being nothing? Give him a chance

Mav
05-09-2015, 04:48 AM
Our fan base.

No. That's just you champ.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Well, of course not. One is a 35 year old Pro Bowl WR. The other has basically played in 2 games.

That's why the thread is titled as a question, as opposed to a declaration.

It's a message board. We get to pontificate and bullshit about what could happen.

Yeah, and I've been here long enough to know exactly what everyone's going to say. I couldn't bring myself to say that's his ceiling, but why not? Because Chiefs...

The measurables are there, we get to see if he has the drive and work ethic. I sure hope so.

Halfcan
05-09-2015, 08:24 AM
"I have to eat the weights."

Probably a little bit of overkill-just LIFT them Albert.

Halfcan
05-09-2015, 08:26 AM

:doh!:

I hope Alex has a better year.

InChiefsHeaven
05-09-2015, 08:39 AM
:doh!:

I hope Alex has a better year.

Yep. He didn't even get hit on the throw. I think the pressure just freaked him into heaving the pass as hard as he could because he figured he WOULD get hit.

I hate watching that play...

Halfcan
05-09-2015, 08:45 AM
Yep. He didn't even get hit on the throw. I think the pressure just freaked him into heaving the pass as hard as he could because he figured he WOULD get hit.

:thumb:

Zero WR's touchdowns in a season. I think that is a Chiefs record that will never be broken. Pathetic. :doh!:

NJChiefsFan
05-09-2015, 09:13 AM
"I have to eat the weights."

Probably a little bit of overkill-just LIFT them Albert.

People want Steve Smith dedication. Not even Steve ate the weights so I like Albert's thinking.

NJChiefsFan
05-09-2015, 09:15 AM

I don't like exaggerating to make a point but that catch and TD could have won us that game and let us make the playoffs.

SAUTO
05-09-2015, 09:18 AM

Zero WR's touchdowns in a season. I think that is a Chiefs record that will never be broken. Pathetic. :doh!:

And tomorrow you will be of the opinion Smith is the greatest

Imon Yourside
05-09-2015, 09:46 AM
And tomorrow you will be of the opinion Smith is the greatest

He isn't the greatest, but he's not nearly as bad as most here insinuate.

Brock
05-09-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't like exaggerating to make a point but that catch and TD could have won us that game and let us make the playoffs.

Smith missed several open receivers that day and 2 easy touchdowns.

SAUTO
05-09-2015, 10:06 AM
He isn't the greatest, but he's not nearly as bad as most here insinuate.

I'm talking about how halfwit has acted in the past.

BigCatDaddy
05-09-2015, 10:07 AM
So I come out of the Royals thread to see someone wiped his shit all over the walls LMAO

Imon Yourside
05-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Smith missed several open receivers that day and 2 easy touchdowns.

Yes as the year went on and he was beaten up by our horrible Oline play his play also declined. See Wonderboy Manning and his play after he gets hit in the chops a couple of times. Not defending Alex there, but most QB's would react that way.

Brock
05-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Yes as the year went on and he was beaten up by our horrible Oline play his play also declined. See Wonderboy Manning and his play after he gets hit in the chops a couple of times. Not defending Alex there, but most QB's would react that way.

Excuses.

L.A. Chieffan
05-09-2015, 10:26 AM

Didn't get hit? He got leveled as soon as the ball left his hand. That incompletion is the OL fault not Smith

milkman
05-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Didn't get hit? He got leveled as soon as the ball left his hand. That incompletion is the OL fault not Smith

That gif shows the difference between an okay QB and a great one.

Alex Smith misses Wilson because he fails to follow through with his back foot.

Great QBs follow through even in the face of pressure.

Brock
05-09-2015, 10:35 AM

He always overthrows deep passes, pressured or not.

milkman
05-09-2015, 10:43 AM
He always overthrows deep passes, pressured or not.

Not true.

He and Avery had developed a chemistry, and he was hitting him deep on a number of opportunities in the latter half of the '13 season.

BossChief
05-09-2015, 10:57 AM
He had 209 yards in that 3 game stretch once he got healthy and knew what to do.

He should get even more looks with the addition of Maclin, more progression from Kelce and the offensive line being improved.

Will he ever be Steve Smith? I doubt that.

Can he give us 6-800 yards and a handful of scores this year? Yes. I think he WILL give us that.

saphojunkie
05-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Just the absolute perfect time for this gif:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c2/04/47/c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

saphojunkie
05-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Dude, I TOTALLY envision Smith going full-Delhomme in a AFCCG.

I mean, you can literally film it in your mind.

No, you literally can't.

SAUTO
05-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Steve Smith probably would have punched Alex at least four times last year.

BossChief
05-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Ice up, playa.

saphojunkie
05-09-2015, 11:04 AM
It isn't about whether or not Albert Wilson actually becomes Steve Smith. The important thing is that, from all accounts, the NFL is purely about what you are willing to do in the offseason to get better. If Albert Wilson has this kind of drive, there is no reason why he shouldn't be successful. If you aren't trying to be a HOF player, you won't be.

And if Wilson is putting that kind of work in, then he should be here longer than Alex Smith is, so that's a fucking moot point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 11:40 AM

No O-line in the world will make Smith what he is not.

No, you literally can't.

Yes, I literally can. And the out-takes are hilarious.

BossChief
05-09-2015, 11:41 AM
One things for sure.

If Wilson goes over 700 yards this year, I'd extend his deal immediately after the year is over.

I absolutely think he is an ascending player and after being paid as an UDFA, he would probably agree to a very reasonable deal and would prove to be a huge bargain in the long run.

Imon Yourside
05-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Excuses.

Yes 31 teams present them.

Newsflash! we have holes in our football team.

BossChief
05-09-2015, 11:44 AM
No O-line in the world will make Smith what he is not.

Yes, I literally can. And the out-takes are hilarious.

Before the concussion in SF, he was completing over 70% of his throws on the year while averaging over 8ypa with a very respectable td:int ratio

That shows that given protection he can be extremely efficient and even aggressive with the ball.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Before the concussion in SF, he was completing over 70% of his throws on the year while averaging over 8ypa with a very respectable td:int ratio

That shows that given protection he can be extremely efficient and even aggressive with the ball.

That's nice, but the arm on the Steve Austin doll is broken, you can't see out of the eye hole, and there ain't no fixin' it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/58/63/23/5863237925ba9a5c6f8eb21a8f9c0324.jpg

Mav
05-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Steve Smith probably would have punched Alex at least four times last year.

Nah. It would only taken once. Steve smith is like us. He don't bullshit.

Mav
05-09-2015, 12:52 PM
That gif shows the difference between an okay QB and a great one.

Alex Smith misses Wilson because he fails to follow through with his back foot.

Great QBs follow through even in the face of pressure.

In his defense, that looks like James Harrison hitting him. Had he stepped forward, he probably dies.

saphojunkie
05-09-2015, 01:15 PM
It doesn't matter. A great QB completes that pass, no matter what. Either he anticipates the pressure and lets it go earlier or he makes the defender miss or he just completes it despite the hit that's coming.

That's okay - Alex Smith isn't that QB. We can absolutely get to a SB with Alex Smith. You're just not going to depend on him to lead you there. That rests on the shoulders of the defense and the game plan. This needs to be an ELITE defense, because we have an average-to-good QB. He's not elite and never will be. Period.

Teams can win with average to good QBs. See: Flacco, Joe.

Bowser
05-09-2015, 01:15 PM
If Albert Wilson turns being an UDRFA into a fringe Hall of Fame career, then John Dorsey should have a statue built of himself outside Arrowhead. Preferably one where women in red bikinis could hang out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 01:52 PM
It doesn't matter. A great QB completes that pass, no matter what. Either he anticipates the pressure and lets it go earlier or he makes the defender miss or he just completes it despite the hit that's coming.

That's okay - Alex Smith isn't that QB. We can absolutely get to a SB with Alex Smith. You're just not going to depend on him to lead you there. That rests on the shoulders of the defense and the game plan. This needs to be an ELITE defense, because we have an average-to-good QB. He's not elite and never will be. Period.

Teams can win with average to good QBs. See: Flacco, Joe.

Signed,

Baby Lee
05-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Signed,

Great choice, the year the Bucs were the difference between a decent QB and an abjectly horrible one from the SB, and instead the supermarket bag boy beat the franchise QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Great choice, the year the Bucs were the difference between a decent QB and an abjectly horrible one from the SB, and instead the supermarket bag boy beat the franchise QB.

Comparing Smith to Flacco?

Good to see this jackass' levels of complete retardery have reached exciting new heights!

Baby Lee
05-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Comparing Smith to Flacco?

Good to see this jackass' levels of complete retardery have reached exciting new heights!

Smith is the QB, has been for a bit, will be for a while yet.

You can stomp your feet, or you can shit your pants. But please don't do both at the same time. You're splattering all over the board.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Smith is the QB, has been for a bit, will be for a while yet.

You can stomp your feet, or you can shit your pants. But please don't do both at the same time. You're splattering all over the board.

I'll do none of the above, just lol along as usual at the Smith-induced FAIL.

Good times! :toast:

Baby Lee
05-09-2015, 02:35 PM
I'll do none of the above, just lol along as usual at the Smith-induced FAIL.

Good times! :toast:

So long as you're cognizant that, due to your temper tantrum, your 'toast' at the end there is soaking up aerosolized fecal matter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 02:39 PM
So long as you're cognizant that, due to your temper tantrum, your 'toast' at the end there is soaking up aerosolized fecal matter.

Just start the farce already.

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 02:50 PM

Once again you just sit here lying through your teeth.

Alex was not aggressive at all that year.

The 8 YPA was a farce. He did not throw the ball down the field. He was, again, near the bottom of the league in attempts and completions over 20 yards. His yards per completion was pathetically low.

A high percentage of short completions certainly fools homers into thinking the opposite, though.

KCSLC2008
05-09-2015, 02:52 PM

You can't break a record of zero, only match it. Seriously though, my thing about that is Smith wouldn't be any better of a QB if Jenkins didn't step out of bounds, trip up, or if Bowe didn't drop the ball. Would he be any better if Wilson took a five yard pass 70 yards? If not, why is he a worse QB for having zero WR TDs? Why is zero significant? Why wouldn't just low totals in general be talked about? Even then, as long as we are scoring and teams are trying to take away the TE and RB, what's the matter? Look at Red Zone and Third Down conversions, they are more important than who converts them.

Brock
05-09-2015, 07:21 PM
You can't break a record of zero, only match it. Seriously though, my thing about that is Smith wouldn't be any better of a QB if Jenkins didn't step out of bounds, trip up, or if Bowe didn't drop the ball. Would he be any better if Wilson took a five yard pass 70 yards? If not, why is he a worse QB for having zero WR TDs? Why is zero significant? Why wouldn't just low totals in general be talked about? Even then, as long as we are scoring and teams are trying to take away the TE and RB, what's the matter? Look at Red Zone and Third Down conversions, they are more important than who converts them.

Are you fucking kidding?

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Just the absolute perfect time for this gif:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c2/04/47/c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

It isnt nearly that laughable, Smith is a 5'9 guy who was one of the most explosive #1 receivers during his prime... he made an all-pro career out of outfighting much bigger people for the ball.

THAT is competitive spirit defined, dumbass.

saphojunkie
05-10-2015, 10:13 AM
It isnt nearly that laughable, Smith is a 5'9 guy who was one of the most explosive #1 receivers during his prime... he made an all-pro career out of outfighting much bigger people for the ball.

THAT is competitive spirit defined, dumbass.

You say he was explosive and then say he achieved because he was competitive.m learn how to make a coherent point.

For instance, my point is Michael Jordan was and is so competitive that saying anyone else is more so deserves the Jordan dismissive laugh gif.
:rolleyes: