PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Post-Draft Record Prediction

pugsnotdrugs19
05-09-2015, 01:23 PM
I know, I know. This is pretty irrelevant to what really matters for this season. However, it's fun to see where other fans opinions vary at this point in the year. Not to mention, many people including myself had us at 10-6 last year at this time, very close to reality. So here goes:

Week 1 - @ Houston - I just don't buy into the Texans' QB situation, certainly not in the first game. Plus, Maclin absolutely destroyed their defense last year to a severe degree. Chiefs Win, 27-16.

Week 2 - vs. Denver (TNF) - Finally the Chiefs do it. With prime time in Arrowhead and little film for Manning to work with heading into the short week, the Chiefs defeat the forehead for the first time since joining Denver. Chiefs win, 23-20.

Week 3 - @ Green Bay (MNF) - I wouldn't bet on anyone winning at Lambeau, especially on MNF where Aaron Rodgers shines brightest. The Chiefs to however present the type of playing style that beats a team like the Packers. It's not enough. Packers win, 27-21.

Week 4 - @ Cincinatti - I think this game comes down to which QB steps up and makes the big throw(s). Great defenses, great running games... But in this particular case, I go with the home team. Cinci wins, 19-17.

Week 5 - vs. Chicago - The Bears aren't completely talent deprived, but it feels like a really bad matchup for them. Not enough defense to support their offense against one of the NFL's top defenses on the road. Chiefs win, 34-14.

Week 6 - @ Minnesota - The Vikings are an underrated squad. However, this will be a battle of coaching, and one that the Chiefs should win. Maclin has a big day along with Charles. Chiefs win, 30-17.

Week 7 - vs. Pittsburgh - REVENGE GAME! Last year, the Steelers basically ended the Chiefs playoff hopes at Heinz Field. This year, with a Steelers team that hasn't added a whole lot to their roster and coming into Arrowhead, the Chiefs get payback. Chiefs win, 20-17.

Week 8 - vs. Detroit (at London) - This is gonna be weird. I have the Chiefs at 5-2 heading into this one, and while I don't think Detroit is the better team, they do have experience playing in London from last year. If Calvin and Tate are both playing, it could be tough. Lions win, 21-20.

Week 9 - BYE

Week 10 - @ Denver - We all know how good Andy Reid is after the bye week, and how good the Chiefs have been coming off of tough losses in the last two years... which is why I do indeed have the Chiefs SWEEPING the Denver Broncos. Until proven otherwise, I'm not sold that Manning is the same elite guy he was just two seasons ago. A huge win here. Chiefs win, 28-20.

Week 11 - @ San Diego (SNF) - A big letdown here after a huge win in Denver. On Sunday night, Rivers squeaks by and beats the Chiefs after being swept in 2014. Chargers win, 17-14.

Week 12 - vs. Buffalo - After years of getting pounded by the Bills, it would appear KC has gotten things under control. This time, in front of the Arrowhead crowd, the Chiefs win a defensive battle. Chiefs win, 20-12.

Week 13 - @ Oakland - The Raiders are on the rise, but still not quite ready to take the throne. They're competitive, but still not quite a true contender. Chiefs win, 28-16.

Week 14 - vs. San Diego - Justin Houston has another big December day in Arrowhead against Rivers, avenging the lost three weeks before. Chiefs win, 27-13.

Week 15 - @ Baltimore - This feels like it'll be a heartbreaker. Two very competitive teams, and it should go down to the end. Ravens win, 20-19.

Week 16 - vs. Cleveland - D-Bowe returns!!!!..... and gets shut down. Maybe 40 yards? Who cares, cause the Chiefs will win this one and I don't think it will be too close. Chiefs win, 33-7.

Week 17 - vs. Oakland - With KC, Denver, and SD all battling for the division, this could be for it all.... and the Chiefs can't let the opportunity slide. For the third straight year, Oakland falls on the road in front of a wild roaring crowd. Big day for Kelce and J-Mac. Chiefs win, 31-17.

Final prediction: 11-5, AFC West Champions and a #3 seed in the playoffs.

So now.... what do the rest of you foresee??

KCrockaholic
05-09-2015, 01:25 PM
0-16

Sofa King
05-09-2015, 01:26 PM
pain

milkman
05-09-2015, 01:27 PM
You think Reid, a shitty game day coach, wins a "coaching battle"?

Bl00dyBizkitz
05-09-2015, 01:30 PM
No playoffs is what I see

Discuss Thrower
05-09-2015, 01:33 PM
8-8

BlackHelicopters
05-09-2015, 01:38 PM
3-13

rico
05-09-2015, 01:44 PM
6-10.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 01:49 PM
7/9, feelin' fine, smell that Q in the lot.

Hootie
05-09-2015, 01:56 PM
10-6 or 11-5

Chiefshrink
05-09-2015, 02:03 PM
I was originally thinking 7-9 or 8-8 but IF we stay healthy and some of these young guys(Catapano,Wilson,Rice Kid,Peters,DAT,Kelce) have breakout years then maybe 10-6 and if the ball bounces the right way 11-5.

milkman
05-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I think how this season plays out hinges a about 3 things.

How does DJ perform coming off that achilles?

Is there enough talent to improve on the O-Line, and if so, how quickly do they begin to mesh?

How quickly do Smith and Maclin start to gel?

Munson
05-09-2015, 02:09 PM
6-10

J Diddy
05-09-2015, 02:10 PM
14-6 including playoffs

Hootie
05-09-2015, 02:12 PM
some of these predictions crack me up

we went 11-5 and 9-7 (including beating the two Super Bowl participants) and have the best roster we've had all 3 years this year ...

and we're going to regress to 6 wins somehow

!

pugsnotdrugs19
05-09-2015, 02:14 PM

we went 11-5 and 9-7 (including beating the two Super Bowl participants) and have the best roster we've had all 3 years this year ...

!

This.

We weren't too fortunate in terms of health last year either and still managed 9 wins. The schedule was not any easier than this year.

milkman
05-09-2015, 02:15 PM

!

I am on record that Maclin is the perfect match at receiver for Smith, and if the other things I talked about in my earlier post can come together, I think this can be a 12 win team, not including any playoff games.

RunKC
05-09-2015, 02:18 PM
10-6 at the moment.

If Fisher, Alex and Ford have good seasons I think 12 isn't out of the question. But that's a big if

lewdog
05-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Wait, you say we don't lose a game by more than 6 points?

pugsnotdrugs19
What you have to look at is this.

The roster is improved along offensive line, WR corp, DL (DeVito), LB (DJ), and secondary. All groups have been improved pretty greatly it would appear.

And in the rest of the spots (QB, HB, STs) we have not lost anyone, therefore the team is not any worse. Same coaching staff and system as well.

It all adds up to a better football team than the one that was 9-7 a year ago without two of their top run defenders. Improvement should be expected in the W-L column.

Discuss Thrower

!

Too tough of an early schedule with an underperforming coach and QB combo on a team with its best offensive player nearing a production cliff and its best defensive player holding out for more money and will likely miss all preseason activities which typically winds up with said player being "rusty" to start the year.

Also the second best defensive player in Sean Smith might be out for two games to start the year as well.. meaning it'll be up to Marcus Peters and Phillip Gaines to stop Demariyus Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders in week 2.

3-5 at best by the bye and 5-3 to finish out... And that's assuming Andy Reid coaches above the sub-.500 track record he's established over the last six seasons.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Wait, you say we don't lose a game by more than 6 points?

It turned out that way. If any team can do that (and no one probably can) I'd say the team who hasn't gave up 30 or more points all of last year and has an improved offense would have the best shot, though.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Too tough of an early schedule with an underperforming coach and QB combo on a team with its best offensive player nearing a production cliff and its best defensive player holding out for more money and will likely miss all preseason activities which typically winds up with said player being "rusty" to start the year.

Also the second best defensive player in Sean Smith might be out for two games to start the year as well.. meaning it'll be up to Marcus Peters and Phillip Gaines to stop Demariyus Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders in week 2.

3-5 at best by the bye and 5-3 to finish out... And that's assuming Andy Reid coaches above the sub-.500 track record he's established over the last six seasons.

Houston did the same thing last year. You know, before the 22 sacks.

MMXcalibur
05-09-2015, 02:29 PM
10-6 and then we continue to fucking hate the goddamn Indianapolis Colts come playoff time.

Chiefshrink
05-09-2015, 02:29 PM

:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Barring catastrophic injuries, 10-6 floor with a 14-2 ceiling.

At least one playoff win.

royalschiefs
05-09-2015, 02:33 PM
10-6 or 11-5

+1

milkman
05-09-2015, 02:33 PM
What you have to look at is this.

The roster is improved along offensive line, WR corp, DL (DeVito), LB (DJ), and secondary. All groups have been improved pretty greatly it would appear.

You can hope that the OL is improved, but the fact is, they lost the best player on that line from a year ago, while adding an upgrade at the worst position.

The rest are a bunch of question marks and hope.
You simply can not make that claim.

Maclin is an upgrade over Bowe, but the rest. like the OL, are still question marks and hope.
So you might be able to make that claim, but until proven otherwise, it's only marginal, at best.

DeVito almost assuredly helps the run defense, but unrtil we see How DJ has recovered and performs, that is still just hope.

And in the rest of the spots (QB, HB, STs) we have not lost anyone, therefore the team is not any worse. Same coaching staff and system as well.

It all adds up to a better football team than the one that was 9-7 a year ago without two of their top run defenders. Improvement should be expected in the W-L column.

It all adds up to hope.
But that's all it is at this point.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-09-2015, 02:35 PM
It all adds up to hope.
But that's all it is at this point.

Absolutely. Something that every team (except Jacksonville) has a little bit of right now.

Bugeater
05-09-2015, 02:38 PM
I predict that the same 5 teams that have dominated the AFC for the past 20 years will continue to do so.

Discuss Thrower
05-09-2015, 02:40 PM
I predict that the same 5 teams that have dominated the AFC for the past 20 years will continue to do so.

1) Indy
2) Pittsburgh/Baltimore
3) New England
4) Denver
5) Baltimore/Pittsburgh
6) Miami

Hoover
05-09-2015, 02:43 PM
I talked to Roger Goodell and he told me the NFL has the Chiefs going 11-5 and winning the AFC west. He said between the BBQ competition and the London game the league felt it was time to once again let the Chiefs host another playoff game.

Baby Lee
05-09-2015, 02:47 PM
A healthy year should be in 11-5 to 12-4 range.

Lose a couple of Berry/DJ/Jaamal level players again this year, 7-9 to 8-8.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 02:57 PM
1) Indy
2) Pittsburgh/Baltimore
3) New England
4) Denver
5) Baltimore/Pittsburgh
6) Miami

LMAO

1. Indy's won a single Super Bowl and has been to two.

2/5. Baltimore has won two Super Bowls, albeit with completely different coaching staffs and players. Pittsburgh hasn't had a "dominant" team since 2009.

4. Denver hasn't won shit since Elway left.

6. Miami? LMAO

The ONLY dominant team in the past 20 years has been the New England Patriots, with SIX Super Bowl trips and four wins.

notorious
05-09-2015, 03:01 PM
3rd year will roll

12-4

Discuss Thrower
05-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Meh. Glossed over the 20 years part.

Those six teams are going to be the playoff field regardless. Indy gets four easy wins against the bottom half of the absolutely toothless AFC South, will at worst split with Houston. The rest of their schedule sets up where the absolute worst that can happen sans-injury or Act of God will be 11 wins.

Pittsburgh/Baltimore will get 12ish wins with the other getting the five seed.

New England -Brady or no Brady- is a lock for 10+ wins.

Manning is gonna Manning and win enough to edge out the rest of the division just like he's done for his whole fucking career.

Miami'll get 10 wins and edge out Cinci/Houston/San Diego/KC/Buffalo for the 6 seed.

notorious
05-09-2015, 03:07 PM
When the Chiefs finally beat Denver, it will probably be a 42-10 blowout.

So much pent-up frustration will gush out in a flurry of Patriot-like rape.

RunKC
05-09-2015, 03:07 PM
I can't tell who is the bigger retard. Rerun or discuss?

TripleThreat
05-09-2015, 03:10 PM

!

Haters gonna HATE.

Its what they do in those lame ass things they call lives.

DaFace
05-09-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm actually reasonably optimistic this year. I don't think you could reasonably argue we've gotten substantially worse (with the possible exception of the OL, but I don't think it'll be a huge drop). Our schedule looks to be do-able. I'll say 10-6 just because I've been scarred from setting my expectations too high many times.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 03:21 PM

Neck and neck

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 03:30 PM
8-8, so we can endure another offseason of "if this hadn't happened, the chiefs would have won at LEAST one playoff game, which they will this year, because they only need to do this thing, and this other thing won't happen again!"

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 03:38 PM
8-8, so we can endure another offseason of "if this hadn't happened, the chiefs would have won at LEAST one playoff game, which they will this year, because they only need to do this thing, and this other thing won't happen again!"

The Chiefs...

will NOT...

win a play off game with Alex Smith at the helm.

And that is not sour grapes, it is reality.

Jim Lahey
05-09-2015, 04:03 PM
I'd say baring key injury, 9 is the floor and 12 is the ceiling. I think this is the year Dorsey and Reid have been waiting on since they arrived. Theyve got the guys they want in the system they want. It's just a matter of executing and not blowing 2 timeouts before the 2 minute warning down 4 in the 4th.

jonzie04
05-09-2015, 04:06 PM
11-5 to 13-3. this is the best roster we've had since dorsey and reid took over. we filled a lot of holes this offseason. both conley and rogers have very high celings, and maclin is a perfect fit for smith and is a guy you can trust to win 1v1s. Weve replaced mcglynn with a guy who only gave up 1 sack last season, and weve brought in comp for the o line, and have stephenson, and allen in their contract years. our defense can be something special with dj coming back, and with the additions of peters, branch, and nelson.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Post draft prediction. We went 9-7 last year. We had a great defense and drafted at least 2 day one starters with Peters and one of the Linebackers. DJ and DeVito will be back and I have NO doubt they will be in the best shape ever. Houston now playing for another contract again should be motivated. Throw in Cat. The addition of these 5 gives us two more wins.

On offense we drafted 2 more starters with Conley and Morse. Maclin will provide a HUGE improvement over Bowe. We lost Hudson but I'm gonna bet Morse will be just as good. Centers are overrated in what they contribute to the offense. Fisher will be much stronger , we added Grubbs, a former probowler, and Stephenson will be in a contract year. Give us an additional win for a better offense.

Our schedule is a little easier this year .Give us another win.

We beat the forehead twice this year as he's elderly and alzheimers is setting in. The Raiders and Chargers will be better this year but we'll be the Raiders twice and the Chargers once , maybe twice.

No reason we shouldn't be 13-3 to 11-5.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 04:35 PM
I am .....

a retarted Bafoon...

that has a brain the size of a celery seed.

And that is not sour grapes, it is reality.

Fixed ! :LOL:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Fixed ! :LOL:

I got money, hog-jerker.

How much you in for?

Eleazar
05-09-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't see a win on this schedule! /last year's planet pundits

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I got money, hog-jerker.

How much you in for?

Smith had a great playoff game in 2013 and our defense let us down. Do you think he can't ever do that again ?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Smith had a great playoff game in 2013 and our defense let us down. Do you think he can't ever do that again ?

Smith has shot his wad as a Chief and as a player.

It's all downhill from here.

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 05:18 PM

People just refuse to see the decline that started last year.

The league has figured out Andy Reid and Alex Smith.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 05:20 PM

Who would you say is the last QB we had that is better than Alex Smith ?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 05:21 PM

The league has figured out Andy Reid and Alex Smith.

I don't guess the Patriots or seahawks figured Reid out last year now did they ???

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 05:22 PM
I don't guess the Patriots or seahawks figured Reid out last year now did they ???

We won those games because of the defense.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-09-2015, 05:23 PM

The league figured out that Mike McGlynn was a bag of ass and our receivers couldn't get open before a blitz got to Alex.

FYP

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 05:24 PM
We won those games because of the defense.

You mean the defense under head coach ANDY REID !

How many points did we score on the Pat's ?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Who would you say is the last QB we had that is better than Alex Smith ?

What does it matter?

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 05:25 PM
You mean the defense under head coach ANDY REID !

And it will only get you so far.

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 05:25 PM
How many points did we score on the Pat's ?

It's easy to play offense when your defense is dominating.

Mav
05-09-2015, 05:30 PM

Hmmm. Well with what they are building on defense, the Chiefs should win a lot!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 05:34 PM
What does it matter?

My point is, Alex Smith is our best option. He won't lose a game for us. We suffered though many years of shitty QB play since Trent Green. Would I rather have Peyton Manning the last 3 years ? Yes. But we don't. If Smith has a supporting cast he will be fine. Last year Avery and AJ were out and we had nobody to stretch the field and the OL was absolutely horrible.

Give Peyton Manning the line we had last year and he would be retired now.

Watch Tom Brady, he ALWAYS has a great line. when they match up with a defense that destroys their line Brady has a shitty game and they lose.

Baby Lee
05-09-2015, 05:34 PM

I gotta say, I did not see you starting your long term hedge so early.

Bully for you Sir Welchington.

O.city
05-09-2015, 05:36 PM
I gotta say, I did not see you starting your long term hedge so early.

Bully for you Sir Welchington.

It's the same shit every year, not much has changed

Hammock Parties
05-09-2015, 05:37 PM
My point is, Alex Smith is our best option. He won't lose a game for us.

He lost like 3-4 last year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 05:40 PM
He lost like 3-4 last year.

I would say our defense lost those games. They must have allowed the other team to score. Right .

-King-
05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
10-6 minimum.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
It's the same shit every year, not much has changed

As it is with Chiefs.

Just because we went from Herm-ball and Peeholi-FAIL to mid-pack "respectable", same as it ever was.

OnTheWarpath15
05-09-2015, 05:44 PM

Apparently not, considering in our seven losses we gave up an average of 23 points a game.

We lost games where we gave up 24 to Manning and 17 to Roethlisberger - two of the more high-flying offenses last season.

That's all on the offense.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Apparently not, considering in our seven losses we gave up an average of 23 points a game.

We lost games where we gave up 24 to Manning and 17 to Roethlisberger - two of the more high-flying offenses last season.

That's all on the offensive line .

Fixed

OnTheWarpath15
05-09-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm haven't seen any evidence that would lead me to believe this year will be any different than any other.

They haven't shown they can beat Denver, and I can't remember the last time they played +.500 ball in the division.

The AFCN will be tough matchups for us, as they play a physical style that we never seem to be able to match. There's no evidence to believe otherwise at this point.

NFCN will depend on the defense, I can't see Alex Smith winning shootouts. Again, no evidence to show otherwise.

And finally, the start is going to be crucial - considering they've consistently petered out over the last 6 games or so under Reid. Unfortunately, the toughest part of the schedule is the first half.

As of now, I'd say 9-7 or 10-6. Wouldn't be shocked to see as low as 7-9, or as high as 11-5. Typical season where they win a game or two they shouldn't, and lose a game or two they shouldn't. Bubble playoff team/one-and-done.

RunKC
05-09-2015, 06:00 PM
We need to beat Denver in our home opener. Get over that hump early.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 06:05 PM
We need to beat Denver in our home opener. Get over that hump early.

It's too bad that game is on a short week.

jonzie04
05-09-2015, 06:07 PM
I'm haven't seen any evidence that would lead me to believe this year will be any different than any other.

They haven't shown they can beat Denver, and I can't remember the last time they played +.500 ball in the division.

The AFCN will be tough matchups for us, as they play a physical style that we never seem to be able to match. There's no evidence to believe otherwise at this point.

NFCN will depend on the defense, I can't see Alex Smith winning shootouts. Again, no evidence to show otherwise.

And finally, the start is going to be crucial - considering they've consistently petered out over the last 6 games or so under Reid. Unfortunately, the toughest part of the schedule is the first half.

As of now, I'd say 9-7 or 10-6. Wouldn't be shocked to see as low as 7-9, or as high as 11-5. Typical season where they win a game or two they shouldn't, and lose a game or two they shouldn't. Bubble playoff team/one-and-done.

huh? who are these physical teams we havent matched up well with? or am i in last years thread and dont realize it? the nfcw is the most physical conference in football, and we matched up quite well.

OnTheWarpath15
05-09-2015, 06:08 PM
It's too bad that game is on a short week.

You're right, it certainly doesn't help - but they've had shots at Denver on a long week and didn't get the job done.

Hoover
Pittsburgh doesn't have anything on defense. They are not a 12 win team. Maybe 9-7

O.city
Yeah, the Pioli regime always got manhandled by physical teams, this current one doesnt

O.city
05-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Pitt has an offense that can win games though

OnTheWarpath15
05-09-2015, 06:15 PM
huh? who are these physical teams we havent matched up well with? or am i in last years thread and dont realize it? the nfcw is the most physical conference in football, and we matched up quite well.

We matched up so well with the NFCW that we split with them. Oakland always gives us fits even though we are infinitely more talented than they are.

We haven't beat Pittburgh in our last three attempts, haven't beat Cincinnati in our last three attempts and haven't beat Baltimore in our last four attempts.

We've split our last 6 with Cleveland though. Split. With. Cleveland.

Jesus, that's depressing.

Discuss Thrower
05-09-2015, 06:16 PM
We matched up so well with the NFCW that we split with them. Oakland always gives us fits even though we are infinitely more talented than they are.

We haven't beat Pittburgh in our last three attempts, haven't beat Cincinnati in our last three attempts and haven't beat Baltimore in our last four attempts.

Only the Raiders and Jaguars have been worse competitively.

OnTheWarpath15
05-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Pittsburgh doesn't have anything on defense. They are not a 12 win team. Maybe 9-7

Pittsburgh has nothing on defense, yet won a game in which our defense held their offense to 20 points and we still lost by 8?

That Pittsburgh?

Hydrae
05-09-2015, 06:19 PM
I still think 10-6. Doubt that will change unless we suffer a couple of key injuries. Then it may drop by one or two wins.

O.city
05-09-2015, 06:30 PM

You don't think we matched up well with the physicality of the NFL west?

O.city
05-09-2015, 06:33 PM
As we all know, it's pretty pointless to base anything on last year or previous years team wise as thing in the nfl change so much year to year.

One team I think really falls off this year is Detroit. Theyre defense took a big hit in free agency and I'm not seeing much to replace it. Unless they drastically improve from last year, which is possible, the Bengals can't get to the qb very well, but I think they're offense is underrated.

jonzie04
05-09-2015, 06:46 PM

we dominated the rams, and seattle physically, and we didn't lose to the 49ers, or arizona due to a lack of physicality. all of those teams are just as physical if not more so than any team in the afcn.

we've only played pitt once under this regime, and we did not lose because of physicality.

we've only played the browns once under this regime, and we did not win because of physicality. any games from prior regimes, or rosters are completely irrelevant.

we havent even played the bengals, or ravens under this regime, and any previous history is irrelevant.

we're 3-1 against oakland under this regime...

This team doesnt have any issue playing physical football. if you want to be afraid that our offense wont be able to put up enough points to match the bengals, ravens, steelers, thats fine. or if youre afraid reid will abandon our game plan, thats fine too... but saying we cant match their physicality, and bringing up games from a decade ago is a waste of time. the ravens and steelers arent really even defensive teams anymore.

notorious
05-09-2015, 06:50 PM
we dominated the rams, and seattle physically, and we didn't lose to the 49ers, or arizona due to a lack of physicality. all of those teams are just as physical if not more so than any team in the afcn.

we've only played pitt once under this regime, and we did not lose because of physicality.

we've only played the browns once under this regime, and we did not win because of physicality. any games from prior regimes, or rosters are completely irrelevant.

we havent even played the bengals, or ravens under this regime, and any previous history is irrelevant.

we're 3-1 against oakland under this regime...

This team doesnt have any issue playing physical football. if you want to be afraid that our offense wont be able to put up enough points to match the bengals, ravens, steelers, thats fine. or if youre afraid reid will abandon our game plan, thats fine too... but saying we cant match their physicality, and bringing up games from a decade ago is a waste of time. the ravens and steelers arent really even a defensive teams anymore.

Nice post.

The only team that I saw that physically beat the Chiefs was Denver.

It doesn't make any sense, but they knocked KC's dick in the dirt.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Nice post.

With better play calling, the Chiefs could have won in Week 2 last year.

The game in November, just after Berry's cancer diagnosis, was as ugly as expected. They were never in the game but IMO, that's totally understandable.

Reerun_KC
05-09-2015, 07:14 PM
7-9 fucking retarded fatty fans rejoice as we are one 1st round fatty bust away from 9-7.

Can never fix the massive amounts of stupid in fatty fan .

Reerun_KC
05-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Nice post.

That Thursday night beat down Oakland issued was brutal. They whipped our asses all over that field.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 07:34 PM
That Thursday night beat down Oakland issued was brutal. They whipped our asses all over that field.

You must have missed the second half

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 07:35 PM
7-9 fucking retarded fatty fans rejoice as we are one 1st round fatty bust away from 9-7.

Do you only post when you're drinking or just drink when you post?

Reerun_KC
05-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Do you only post when you're drinking or just drink when you post?

Yes

Baby Lee
05-09-2015, 07:50 PM

Given the roster Dorsey and Reid have assembled, 'fatty fan' might be the most retarded epithet on earth at this point.

But then, given whom I'm responding to, I repeat myself.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Yes

Correct answer

Reerun_KC
05-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Correct answer

:thumb:

Coochie liquor
05-10-2015, 04:31 PM

/all threads

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 05:57 PM
10-6 is the minimum answer.

But combined with the improved defense, solid draft and atleast half of a dozen other variables shaking out to the positive side... 12-4 is entirely possible.

Either way you cut it, this team is primed for a playoff run... the number 2 passing defense returns intact and is actually improved from a year ago.

The linebackers welcome back DJ and added some youthful hunger and quickness.

The D line brings back DeVito, a well seasoned Bailey among others and CATAPANO, DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

The offense boasts a beefed up and smarter Kelce, better O line, a true #1 receiver, second year hopefuls and young wildcards like Rogers... and of course Charles and Davis.

Then throw in a third year in the wco Smith + the ULTIMATE X Factor in De'Anthony and this team is genuinely primed for a run.

This defense is every single bit as talented, and probably then some, as the one Smith went to the NFCCG with in frisco... and of course, that offense didn't have anything even close to Charles or Maclin.

The time is now, if they don't murder people this year then its time for Smith to go, so we can see what Murray is all about before our core players are in wheelchairs.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 06:02 PM
The time is now, if they don't murder people this year then its time for Smith to go, so we can see what Murray is all about .

The only thing more hilarious than thinking this team is going to murder anyone is thinking Murray will get the keys. LMAO

What we will get: mediocrity, excuses, year 4 of Alex.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2015, 06:06 PM
The only thing more hilarious than thinking this team is going to murder anyone is thinking Murray will get the keys. LMAO

I wonder if Andy is really ready to Peeholi, and go down with his putrid vessel?

Dunerdr
05-10-2015, 06:08 PM
If you took the Reid factor dumbassery out there's no reason we couldn't beat anyone running the ball playing solid d and letting the pass game fill in the gaps.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2015, 06:09 PM
If you took the Reid factor dumbassery out there's no reason we couldn't beat anyone running the ball playing solid d and letting the pass game fill in the gaps.

Now this is a stone-cold fact I can get behind.

Rausch
05-10-2015, 06:12 PM

Yup.

The schedule starts off rough but ends fairly well.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us 4-1 over the last 5 weeks...

O.city
05-10-2015, 06:18 PM
13-3

RunKC
05-10-2015, 06:25 PM

Looks like a good QB class next spring. Good time to strike.

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 06:25 PM

Those 2011-12 Niner teams were the terror of the NFL under Smith, maybe not because of him... but he was the leader under center.

To say this years Chiefs team isn't every single bit as talented as those teams, and even moreso in some ways... is a baldfaced lie.

He's plenty talented enough to take this crew on a deep run, and with a little luck... even further.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 06:34 PM
To say this years Chiefs team isn't every single bit as talented as those teams, and even moreso in some ways... is a baldfaced lie.

They're not. Particularly on the lines.

Those teams dominated up front. This team isn't going to do that, and our kicker is no David Akers (44-52 FG in 2011).

Dunerdr
05-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Looks like a good QB class next spring. Good time to strike.

Let's not get our genos I mean hopes up again.

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 06:39 PM
They're not. Particularly on the lines.

Those teams dominated up front. This team isn't going to do that, and our kicker is no David Akers (44-52 FG in 2011).

Our D as a unit is absolutely just as good, enjoy your misery.

It'll be nice to have search back so everyone can drag this kind of garbage back up...

pugsnotdrugs19
05-10-2015, 06:40 PM
http://www.battleredblog.com/2015/4/22/8465619/2015-houston-texans-schedule-predictions-whats-yours

:LOL: and people on here think we're bad homers.

On this Texans blog, everyone in the comments has them 12-4 average, 11-5 all the way up to 14-2.

And not one person thinks they are going to lose week 1 to the Chiefs.... gotta love it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Those 2011-12 Niner teams were the terror of the NFL under Smith, maybe not because of him... but he was the leader under center.

In what parallel universe did this occur?

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Our D as a unit is absolutely just as good.

Homer tripe, and you know it. This team couldn't even stop the run last year.

2011 49ers had one of the greatest defenses ever.

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 06:43 PM

:spock:

xztop123
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM

49ers fell apart when Smith left.

Probably cost Harbaugh his job

LoneWolf
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM

How many PPG did the defense give up last year?

Dunerdr
05-10-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm going to go on record with 10-5.

milkman
05-10-2015, 06:50 PM

I usually tune out the stupid shit you post, but those 9ers were one of the great all time defenses?

LMAO

gonefishin53
05-10-2015, 06:52 PM
12-4 Third year for coaching staff and offensive/defensive schemes. More players with at least a year in the program means the backups are better prepared when needed. Grubbs adds much needed talent, experience, and leadership to the offensive line group and replaces McGlynn. WR group has more speed and big play ability. DeVito, DJ, and more good tacklers in the secondary improves run defense. Ford, Catapano, and Howard provide more depth and versatility in the pass rush. Better talent and depth at CB keeps Ron Parker at safety.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2015, 06:52 PM
49ers fell apart when Smith left.

Probably cost Harbaugh his job

Oh I'm sure it had nothing to do with that well-run organization.

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 06:53 PM

Where did they rank in comparison to ppg, sacks and passing defense?

You are going to be buried this year, I'll chip in for the headstone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2015, 06:56 PM

LMAO

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 06:58 PM
I usually tune out the stupid shit you post, but those 9ers were one of the great all time defenses?

LMAO

According to a detailed statistical analysis, absolutely.

The best NFL defenses of all time by adjusted yards per play, adjusted for era (Legion of Boom is 5th; Purple People Eaters 3rd; Steel Curtain 2nd)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_a5jrtXEAA-WmE.png

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Who cares? If our D was as good as you say, we wouldn't have let the fucking Raiders beat us.

Discuss Thrower
05-10-2015, 07:00 PM

LMAO

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_a5jrtXEAA-WmE.png

milkman
05-10-2015, 07:01 PM
According to a detailed statistical analysis, absolutely.

Don't give a rat's ass.

That was not an all timer.

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Who cares? If our D was as good as you say, we wouldn't have let the ****ing Raiders beat us.

And if Seattles D was all its cracked up to be, they wouldn't have let Alex Smith beat them.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 07:09 PM
And if Seattles D was all its cracked up to be, they wouldn't have let Alex Smith beat them.

Jamaal Charles beat them.

Alex Smith stood in the corner and held his limp noodle and cowered in fear that whole game.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2015, 07:12 PM
This year it's two bugs....and a shit sandwich.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Been eating those for years. And so have you.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2015, 07:18 PM
What is that creature?

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Jamaal Charles beat them.

Alex Smith stood in the corner and held his limp noodle and cowered in fear that whole game.

Bowe caught 5 for 81 on Revis... that's not exactly "cowering in fear" from a "scary" defensive player.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 07:21 PM
What is that creature?

That's a Chiefs fan.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Bowe caught 5 for 81 on Revis... that's not exactly "cowering in fear" from a "scary" defensive player.

Alex had 108 yards passing, -1 yards rushing, 0 third down conversions and 0 TDs.

Keep trying to invent fantasy in your head, homer. Reality is gonna hit you hard this year.

Bowser
05-10-2015, 07:24 PM
So now.... what do the rest of you foresee??

10-6/11-5. This defense will be for real. If Alex can manage to be a bit more than just average, we can finally get a post season win this year.

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Alex had 108 yards passing, -1 yards rushing, 0 third down conversions and 0 TDs.

Keep trying to invent fantasy in your head, homer. Reality is gonna hit you hard this year.

And 81 of those 108 went directly at maybe the most feared corner in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Irrelevant. The dude did next to nothing that whole game. He didn't beat the Seahawks. Not remotely. Get a clue.

Easy 6
05-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Irrelevant. The dude did next to nothing that whole game. He didn't beat the Seahawks. Not remotely. Get a clue.

Make out your last will and testament, because you are going to be buried this year.

RunKC
05-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Despite what Clay says, this regime has done a good job thus far. They know its not easy to find franchise QB's bc they are an extreme rarity.

Alex was the best QB this regime could have acquired in 2013 and as much as I like Carr (and some like Bridgewater), there isn't enough proof to prove they are franchise caliber after just one season.

Continue building the team up until that QB can be acquired. Just like the Seahawks did.

Coochie liquor
05-10-2015, 07:35 PM
And I'm going 10-6 maybe 11-5. I think this season we get the turnovers we were missing last season. Hoping for no serious injuries and get the fucking Dung-keys monkey off our backs.

Buckweath
05-10-2015, 07:46 PM
I find it funny how some are using the return of DJ, DeVito and Catapano to pretend the team should do better this year. If anything, the Chiefs were not hit hard by injuries last year and I think you should at least expect to lose to injury the same quality of players as last year. It'll be different players this time around but don't act like it's likely that we'll be that very lucky team that doesn't get any major injury.

Jags have lost Fowler, Broncos have lost Heuermann...and the Chiefs turn will come.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-10-2015, 08:05 PM
We own San Diego. We're not losing to them anytime soon. Much like Denver owns us. So I agree we'll beat them at home, but swap that game because we won't win in Denver, with us beating the Chargers and I only think you're off by a game or two from there.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2015, 08:22 PM
That's a Chiefs fan.

So that's a Lil Chiefy?

Dunerdr
05-10-2015, 08:31 PM

What other choice did he have? Kelce probably caught every other yard....

pugsnotdrugs19
05-10-2015, 08:50 PM

I don't think either of you realize you are talking about two completely separate games.

Alex had 108 yards in the Seattle game.

Bowe had 81 yards in the New England game.

:doh!:

Hammock Parties
05-10-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't think either of you realize you are talking about two completely separate games.

Alex had 108 yards in the Seattle game.

Bowe had 81 yards in the New England game.

:doh!:

That's the last time I trust Easy 6 with simple facts in a debate.

No wonder he is so confused.

-King-
05-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Why the fuck are you guys arguing with gochiefs?

I've never understood why people on this forum fall for his trolling/stupidity in every fucking thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2015, 10:24 PM
I find it funny how some are using the return of DJ, DeVito and Catapano to pretend the team should do better this year. If anything, the Chiefs were not hit hard by injuries last year and I think you should at least expect to lose to injury the same quality of players as last year. It'll be different players this time around but don't act like it's likely that we'll be that very lucky team that doesn't get any major injury.

Jags have lost Fowler, Broncos have lost Heuermann...and the Chiefs turn will come.

:facepalm:

The Chiefs lost two starters, for the season, in game one last year. Eric Berry was injured and was lost to cancer. Donnie Avery was injured and lost for nearly every game last season, yet the Chiefs still won nine games.

If you don't think that losing two perennial Pro Bowls players, for the season, along with two other starters meant they weren't "hit hard" in terms of injuries, I have my doubts that you've ever watched an NFL game, let alone, season.

-King-
05-11-2015, 12:09 AM
:facepalm:

The Chiefs lost two starters, for the season, in game one last year. Eric Berry was injured and was lost to cancer. Donnie Avery was injured and lost for nearly every game last season, yet the Chiefs still won nine games.

If you don't think that losing two perennial Pro Bowls players, for the season, along with two other starters meant they weren't "hit hard" in terms of injuries, I have my doubts that you've ever watched an NFL game, let alone, season.

Also lost Jeff Allen who was a starter week 1 to injury. He was replaced by a guy who by any measure was one of the worst starters in the league last year. And this year we have a pro bowler taking that spot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
05-11-2015, 05:38 AM

Yeah, because Reid never got rid of qbs before. Like McNabb, Kolb......

If Reid decides Alex Smith isn't the answer he will be gone.

Mav
05-11-2015, 05:39 AM
Why the fuck are you guys arguing with gochiefs?

I've never understood why people on this forum fall for his trolling/stupidity in every fucking thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not trolling. It's who he is.

Mav
05-11-2015, 05:42 AM

They lost devito and DJ week one. They lost berry, and Avery. The Chiefs were hit pretty hard by injuries. Key injuries.

Mav
05-11-2015, 05:45 AM
Who cares? If our D was as good as you say, we wouldn't have let the fucking Raiders beat us.

Short week, divisional game on the road in the rain. Shit happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Short week, divisional game on the road in the rain. Shit happens.

Not really. The Chiefs trend post-Schottenheimer is; fuck these divisional games, let us herp-derp.

RunKC
05-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Like how the naysayers avoid the truth in their agenda. Every team has a shit game or two every year.

Raiders beat SF
Jets beat Pitt
Rams beat Dungver
We crucified NE

It's called parity.

duncan_idaho
05-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Schedule looks brutal:

Low End - 7-9
Ws: @ Houston, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, San Diego
Ls: Denver, @Denver, @San Diego @Oakland, @Green Bay, @Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Detroit, @Baltimore,

High End: - 10-6
Ws: @Houston, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, @Oakland, Pittsburgh, Detroit, San Diego
Ls: Denver, @Denver, @San Diego, @Green Bay, @Cincinnati, @Baltimore

BossChief
05-11-2015, 08:26 AM
You think Reid, a shitty game day coach, wins a "coaching battle"?

He did against some good teams last year.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Pushed Belicheats and Pete's shit in last year. Clowned by Herm Fox.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Like how the naysayers avoid the truth in their agenda. Every team has a shit game or two every year.

Raiders beat SF
Jets beat Pitt
Rams beat Dungver
We crucified NE

It's called parity.

None of those teams missed the playoffs because of those losses, though.

Try again.

Reerun_KC
05-12-2015, 08:28 AM

Raiders beat SF
Jets beat Pitt
Rams beat Dungver
We crucified NE

It's called parity.

Its called fans that live for meaningless regular season wins vs playoff /championships.

Crucifying NE means absolutely nothing...