PDA

View Full Version : Football Colin Kaepernick on the trade block

PA Chiefs
05-16-2015, 04:59 PM
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-3-potential-landing-spots-for-colin-kaepernick.html/?ref=YF ROFL I don't think I posted the link correctly.:spock:

Mr. Laz
05-16-2015, 05:04 PM
49ers deny that QB Colin Kaepernick is on the trading block

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/03/09/49ers-deny-that-qb-colin-kaepernick-is-on-the-trading-block/

It’s been an eventful early Monday morning for the San Francisco 49ers after a Houston radio personality tweeted that they’re looking to deal their starting quarterback, whom they signed to a huge contract extension last June.

BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block. Taking offers.

— Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) March 9, 2015

The Eagles are confirmed as one of the two teams in talks and an unnamed NFC team as the other. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

Confirmed the NFC team is the Chicago Bears. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

Story has been verified by 3 different sources. Time will prove it. Been here before.

This prompted 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke to issue a statement denying that Kaepernick is on the trading block.

“Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him,” Baalke said, per Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea. “He is not going anywhere. The media reports suggesting otherwise are without merit and, quite frankly, ridiculous.”

Kaepernick, the only quarterback currently on San Francisco’s roster, signed a $115 million contract extension through the 2020 season in June. Last season, he threw for 3,369 yards and rushed for 641 more, both career highs, but also posted a career-low QBR of 55.86, and his passer rating of 86.4 ranked 20th in the NFL.

If Kaepernick indeed is staying in San Francisco, he’ll likely have a new target: former Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith, who seems likely headed to the Bay Area.

After spending the first 17 years of his Post career writing and editing, Matt and the printed paper had an amicable divorce in 2014. He's now blogging and editing for the Early Lead and the Post's other Web-based products.

OnTheWarpath15
05-16-2015, 05:05 PM
49ers deny that QB Colin Kaepernick is on the trading block

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/03/09/49ers-deny-that-qb-colin-kaepernick-is-on-the-trading-block/

LMAO

BullJunkandIron
05-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Toddy would enjoy him Pittsfield.

Hydrae
05-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Kaepernick, the only quarterback currently on San Francisco’s roster

Not interested in Kaep but Dorsey better be figuring out what the 9ers will give us for Chase. :thumb:

Dunerdr
05-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Alex and chase for Kaep. I'd think about it. I mean shit this staff made Vick a superstar again.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Again?!

In58men
05-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Source is garbage

BigMeatballDave
05-16-2015, 06:09 PM
I mean shit this staff made Vick a superstar again.

Again? That implies he was one at an earlier point in his career.

SDChiefs
05-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Aww shit. Welcome the new Chiefs qb.

-King-
05-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Wait, they really only have one QB on the roster? Why...?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Where's my pen?/Dorsey as Clark prods from behind.

Dunerdr
05-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Again? That implies he was one at an earlier point in his career.

By superstar I don't me a Super Bowl caliber qb. I mean good enough to be espn fuckboy of the year.

Ming the Merciless
05-16-2015, 06:22 PM
I'd take Kapernick over ALex Castle any day

BigMeatballDave
05-16-2015, 06:25 PM
By superstar I don't me a Super Bowl caliber qb. I mean good enough to be espn fuckboy of the year.

I've always thought Vick was one of the most overrated players ever.

OldSchool
05-16-2015, 06:42 PM

Really? He couldn't do shit with what he had to work with last year, what is he going to do here?ROFL

Easy 6
05-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Alex and chase for Kaep. I'd think about it. I mean shit this staff made Vick a superstar again.

If you want that, those golden dildo's belong on your face.

Lets see what Kaep can do without an all-world team around him like in years past, and some kind of Ron Jeremy looking mfer noob head coach that isn't QB-centric.

Dudes about to FLAME OUT, if you ask me.

Dunerdr
05-16-2015, 06:49 PM

He definitely was but Reid made him serviceable for awhile. Really he was a slightly faster and more risk apt smith.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2015, 06:59 PM

His Y/A is almost exactly the same as Smith

His numbers are very similar except for Kaep throws more interceptions

ILChief
05-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Do not want

Eleazar
05-16-2015, 07:21 PM

The 49ers did. Didn't work out so well.

OnTheWarpath15
05-16-2015, 07:36 PM
The 49ers did. Didn't work out so well.

They've been to a Super Bowl.

We've been to Indianapolis for a rectal cleansing.

Bugeater
05-16-2015, 07:44 PM
That's because he was.

Easy 6
05-16-2015, 07:45 PM

Yes and there you are, conveniently forgetting just how close Smith had them to the same damn game.

One dude doesn't fumble and they play the big game with Smith, I'm a realist about the guy but you have your head all the way up your ass about it.

Swear to God I don't really know why you even follow this team or spend big money to go watch them play.

Why?

Why do you continue to care yet act this way?

The Indy loss was all on Smith? if that's your bottom line then goodnight, my interest in your take ends here.

Coochie liquor
05-16-2015, 07:52 PM
We've got Aaron Murray an Tyler Bray. We are set with our QBOTF's...

Red Dawg
05-16-2015, 08:02 PM

He is totally

ViperVisor
05-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Obvious he was back when the Texans guy started the story.

I guessed HOU called and said '2nd round pick and change'
SF said 'pick 16 and change'

HOU thinking they are playoffs with 600 rushes and and a WR like DeAndre Hopkins with long arms and big hands to catch the slings from Kaepernick.

That didn't work out. So to get best value 49ers call a few teams.

The 49ers now have a coach who could be Singletary 2.0
and draft was
Arik Armstead *high upside long term project*
Jaquiski Tartt *long term SS replacement for Bethea*

They picked a friggin Punter as a way to move on from great vet Andy Lee

ThaVirus
05-16-2015, 08:27 PM
However you feel about Vick's ability or production, you can't deny that he was a superstar. The dude was a super duper star prior to his prison bid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Mmmm...MOAR hot San Francisco penis!/Clark

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-16-2015, 08:48 PM

Can I schedule your next appointment? Dr. Luck is waiting.

Easy 6
05-16-2015, 08:51 PM
However you feel about Vick's ability or production, you can't deny that he was a superstar. The dude was a super duper star prior to his prison bid.

Its a credit to Andy Reid that he wanted to see what a disciplined system could do for a guy with Vicks talent... it was a noble experiment that actually proved very worthy.

Vick was launching bombs to people like Maclin left and right, and his completion % was much higher than ever... frankly, I was sold on what Reid was doing with him.

That's why Pryors release came as a surprise to me, thought for sure Andy was envisioning another potential run and gunner, atleast someone he wanted to groom for a bit before making a final decision.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Its a credit to Andy Reid that he wanted to see what a disciplined system could do for a guy with Vicks talent... it was a noble experiment that actually proved very worthy.

Vick was launching bombs to people like Maclin left and right, and his completion % was much higher than ever... frankly, I was sold on what Reid was doing with him.

That's why Pryors release came as a surprise to me, thought for sure Andy was envisioning another potential run and gunner, atleast someone he wanted to groom for a bit before making a final decision.

I think Dorsey wants a prototype QB.

JakeLV
05-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Article is citing tweets from March