PDA

View Full Version : Poop Who Was/Is Your Favorite Ninja Turtle???

rico
05-17-2015, 08:43 AM
So my kids started watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they are hooked. They love them. It brings me back, for when I was young, I loved the Ninja Turtles as well... I watched the cartoon every evening, I owned every toy, I watched every one of the movies the first day they came out in the theaters, etc.

I also got into a substantial amount of arguments with my friends in regards to who our favorite ninja turtle was and which one was the "toughest."

After watching a few of the cartoon episodes with my daughters, out of boredom and curiosity, I googled, "favorite ninja turtles" to see how it compared to the general consensus of my peers at school. There were a ton of discussions and polls and what not and the results surprised me. When I was younger, people at my school were a fan of either Leonardo or Michelangelo. I was a Michelangelo guy. However, in these discussions and polls that I came across, Raphael seems to be the clear-cut favorite, Donatello is 2nd, Michelangelo 3rd and Leonardo 4th. I don't recall meeting any Raphael fans back in the day. I remember there being 1-2 Donatello fans (the smart kids). The rest of the hundreds of kids were split between Michelangelo and Leonardo. I thought that was weird.

I will say this...now that I have been watching that show again with my kids, Raphael is now my favorite... he is such a dickhead. I think getting to know some of you guys on CP has caused me to really like dickheads (not literally, of course).

So...who was your favorite Ninja Turtle and for the young at heart, if that changed over the years, who is currently your favorite Ninja Turtle?

Mr. Laz
05-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Raphael

He's always fit right in with my anger issues.

rico
05-17-2015, 08:53 AM
Raphael

He's always fit right in with my anger issues.

Raphael is cool, but rude. He's awesome. Probably the toughest one, considering he does all of his ass kicking with the freaking sais as his weapon. A sword, bow-staff or nunchuks would probably be more effective...with offensive attacks anyways...

ThaVirus
05-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Raphael was my favorite growing up, although I loved them all. TMNT and Power Rangers were easily my biggest pre-teen fads (Pokemon and Dragonball Z took over later in life).

I think I liked him because I thought he kicked the most ass and I was a 4 year old boy. 4 year old boys love fictional characters that kick ass.

Now I'd probably say Michelangelo is my favorite. He kicks ass, eats pizza and cracks jokes. What's not to like? Raph is too angsty and gets his ass kicked by Leonardo, plus his weapons are gay as shit. Leonardo is too straight arrow. Donatello is just a dweeb but I have to say I do like the bo staff...

Yeah, I've spent entirely too much time on this post. Michelangelo it is.

threebag
05-17-2015, 09:05 AM
I work with a guy who has a fat back that looks like a shell, we call him Donatello.

rico
05-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Raphael was my favorite growing up, although I loved them all. TMNT and Power Rangers were easily my biggest pre-teen fads (Pokemon and Dragonball Z took over later in life).

I think I liked him because I thought he kicked the most ass and I was a 4 year old boy. 4 year old boys love fictional characters that kick ass.

Now I'd probably say Michelangelo is my favorite. He kicks ass, eats pizza and cracks jokes. What's not to like? Raph is too angsty and gets his ass kicked by Leonardo, plus his weapons are gay as shit. Leonardo is too straight arrow. Donatello is just a dweeb but I have to say I do like the bo staff...

Yeah, I've spent entirely too much time on this post. Michelangelo it is.

Gotta love Michelangelo being a party dude and all.

Donatello is pretty funny sometimes, IMO. I didn't get his humor until I started watching the show with my kids...I always just thought he was the nerd...but he is pretty funny.

Leonardo was/is my least favorite for the same reason you mentioned. Not only did I get into way too many Michelangelo vs. Leonardo arguments with my friends back in the day, but he was just such a square. Yeah...he's the leader, blah-blah...but what a buzzkilll.

rico
05-17-2015, 09:19 AM
I work with a guy who has a fat back that looks like a shell, we call him Donatello.

Why Donatello and not one of the other 3? Is he a brainiac?

Fish
05-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Snake Eyes.

ModSocks
05-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Leo when i was younger, Raphael as i got older.

BigMeatballDave
05-17-2015, 09:30 AM
None.

Hated them 30 yrs ago, hate them today.

Deberg_1990
05-17-2015, 09:43 AM
Casey Jones

The Franchise
05-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Donatello then and Donatello now.

Coochie liquor
05-17-2015, 10:02 AM
Never really got into Ninja Turtles, but if I did I'd prob have to go with Tito.

rico
05-17-2015, 10:27 AM
I wish they would bring back Krang. Shredder is seemingly in every one of the movies/reincarnations, but never Krang. And for that matter, I'd love to see Beebop and Rocksteady as well. Those guys need some love.

rico
05-17-2015, 10:28 AM
Man, I can't believe the lack of votes for Michelangelo.

ThaVirus
05-17-2015, 10:33 AM
How great was the arcade game Turtles in Time?

Molitoth
05-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Man, I can't believe the lack of votes for Michelangelo.

I've never really liked Nunchuks, nor the color orange.

ThaVirus
05-17-2015, 10:34 AM
I actually watched the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live action film about a year ago. It was pretty good. Aside from the horrendous turtle suits it held up well.

Secret of the Ooze is on Netflix. I put that on for about 20 minutes the other day. That's my childhood in a nutshell right there. Loved me some Tokka and Rahzar (sp?). It was a horrible, horrible movie technically speaking though.

rico
05-17-2015, 10:35 AM
None.

Hated them 30 yrs ago, hate them today.

We know this. All you like is the CHIEFS!!! Dave likes Chiefs and THAT'S IT!!!! :D

ThaVirus
05-17-2015, 10:36 AM

I think that's why Mikey was never on my fave radar when I was younger. Gay weapons and an even gayer color..

rico
05-17-2015, 10:38 AM
How great was the arcade game Turtles in Time?

Dude, it was fun as hell. There was only one turtles game I didn't like...I think it was the original game on NES... from what I can recollect, all you did was moved your little turtle around the street, looking for sewers and when you found one, you like, crawled down and if you were lucky, there would be some foot soldiers to beat the shit out of. That game sucked. The arcade game was hella awesome.

rico
05-17-2015, 11:02 AM

This is literally the first time I haven't agreed with you 100% on something. :D

I don't really know too much about nunchuks...I have heard that they are close to worthless, but I have also heard that if a person knows how to use them well, then they can be deadly as hell due to capabilities of being used for offense and defense.

I'm biased towards the orange. I'm actually wearing an orange shirt right now. My high school's colors were orange and black. I always thought our wrestling team had the coolest singlets. The football uniforms were always pretty cool as well. Basketball, cross country, baseball and especially track uniforms were pretty plain and dumb, though. Volleyball uniforms were pretty nice, but that is a given because...short spandex. Man, the chicks on our volleyball team when I was in high school were so flyyyyyyyy.

aturnis
05-17-2015, 11:05 AM
I wish they would bring back Krang. Shredder is seemingly in every one of the movies/reincarnations, but never Krang. And for that matter, I'd love to see Beebop and Rocksteady as well. Those guys need some love.

Bebop and Rocksteady were confirmed for the 2nd Turtles movie.

alpha_omega
05-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Who?

rico
05-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Bebop and Rocksteady were confirmed for the 2nd Turtles movie.

COWABUNGA DUDE!!!!

aturnis
05-17-2015, 11:07 AM
Dude, it was fun as hell. There was only one turtles game I didn't like...I think it was the original game on NES... from what I can recollect, all you did was moved your little turtle around the street, looking for sewers and when you found one, you like, crawled down and if you were lucky, there would be some foot soldiers to beat the shit out of. That game sucked. The arcade game was hella awesome.

That game was insanely hard as a kid.

rico
05-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Who?

These guys:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Bebop_and_Rocksteady.png

TLO
05-17-2015, 11:41 AM
http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/turtles-3-manhattan-project-rocksteady-screenshot.jpg

thabear04
05-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Michelangelo because he love pizza.

rico
05-17-2015, 11:46 AM
http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/turtles-3-manhattan-project-rocksteady-screenshot.jpg

Man...that freaking game.

Shaid
05-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Loved Donatello as a kid. If you ever played the game on Nintendo/SNES(not sure which), he was a load of fun with huge range. Current movie, it's tough to beat Raphael. They geeked Donatello up too much with the glasses, etc.

Shaid
05-17-2015, 11:54 AM

lol, that was it. My brother and I played together(we were both pretty damn good at video games) and we tore that game up.

ThaVirus
05-17-2015, 11:58 AM
Loved Donatello as a kid. If you ever played the game on Nintendo/SNES(not sure which), he was a load of fun with huge range. Current movie, it's tough to beat Raphael. They geeked Donatello up too much with the glasses, etc.

I like the turtle's body designs in the newest movie.

Raph was the biggest. Huge and jacked like a motherfucker. Probably on roids.

Mikey was small. The runt. Probably a bit more agile than the others.

Donatello was tall and lean. Lithe. He looked like a nerd.

Leo was well rounded. The prototype.

SDChiefs
05-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Raphael is cool, but rude. He's awesome. Probably the toughest one, considering he does all of his ass kicking with the freaking sais as his weapon. A sword, bow-staff or nunchuks would probably be more effective...with offensive attacks anyways...

Splinter did that to work with his anger issues. Forced him to use a defensive weapon to control his anger.

rico
05-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Splinter did that to work with his anger issues. Forced him to use a defensive weapon to control his anger.

Interdasting!

cabletech94
05-17-2015, 01:26 PM
bebop and rocksteady are in the new cartoon now. watch more tv with your kids, rico.

/turtle nerd-dweeb, out

rico
05-17-2015, 01:30 PM
bebop and rocksteady are in the new cartoon now. watch more tv with your kids, rico.

/turtle nerd-dweeb, out

All I have is a Roku box with Netflix and the Youtube channel on it... and a ton of DVD's. I am pretty cheap.

cabletech94
05-17-2015, 01:33 PM
All I have is a Roku box with Netflix and the Youtube channel on it... and a ton of DVD's. I am pretty cheap.

I won't hold it against you buddy. and hopefully your kids won't either. ;)

Mr. Laz
05-17-2015, 01:38 PM

/turtle nerd-dweeb, out

new one has krang too

cabletech94
05-17-2015, 01:41 PM
new one has krang too

meant to type that too. it's an interesting twist.
Im usually pretty unimpressed in the different directions that each reincarnation goes. but overall, I am pleased with this one.

#hasn'tseenthesuninweeks

listopencil
05-17-2015, 01:43 PM

Install the Vudu channel:

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#search/ninja%20turtles

rico
05-17-2015, 02:29 PM
new one has krang too

Fantastic!!!

Mr. Laz
05-17-2015, 02:29 PM
meant to type that too. it's an interesting twist.
Im usually pretty unimpressed in the different directions that each reincarnation goes. but overall, I am pleased with this one.

#hasn'tseenthesuninweeks

sort of a new role for April too

younger and not such a damsel in distress

rico
05-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Install the Vudu channel:

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#search/ninja%20turtles

Awesome, thank ya!