PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Annual Chiefsplanet charity fundraiser?

DaFace
05-17-2015, 11:43 AM
37 Forever pre-dated me on this site by a bit, but my understanding was that it was a cool way for people to give back to a good cause, and even better that it was related to the Chiefs. We have a handful of individual fundraisers pop up through the year, but nothing that we collectively say "ChiefsPlanet is going to try and focus on X this year."

I noticed earlier today that some fan communities on reddit (http://np.reddit.com/r/rangers/comments/367veh/every_time_dominic_moore_scores_in_the_playoffs/) do a fundraiser on a regular basis. After seeing that we were able to raise more than triple the goal just to keep the server running, I started wondering if there would be interest in doing something collectively every year to make a small difference.

I'm not in KC and don't know the local nonprofits enough to really be one to drive this, but I figured it would be worth talking about. Good idea/bad idea? What time of year? How would we pick?

(And to be clear, my assumption would be that this would have no impact whatsoever on any individual charity efforts being done more casually - those will always be fair game.)

BigRedChief
05-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Count me in.

ThaVirus
05-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Schedule it as far from Christmas as humanly possible

RealSNR
05-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Who's the poster who invented Dropbox again? Can't we just make him shovel out like $500K and call it the collective work of all of us?

Nzoner
05-19-2015, 09:55 AM
I've kicked around the idea of doing The Bash again it's just that if I'm doing it for fundraising it needs to be ACS because the mrs has rheumatoid arthritis and ACS is very small and local so all funds stay in St. Joseph.

TimeForWasp
05-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Just send your extra money to me. I'm unemployed.

Bufkin
05-20-2015, 01:28 PM
How much money was raised in the CP donate thread? That should cover fund raising for the next decade.

DaFace
05-20-2015, 01:38 PM
How much money was raised in the CP donate thread? That should cover fund raising for the next decade.

There's a difference between donating to the server costs and doing something for a charity.

That said, seems like reactions are generally lukewarm, so I'll probably just let it drop. :)

Bufkin
05-20-2015, 01:43 PM
There's a difference between donating to the server costs and doing something for a charity.

That said, seems like reactions are generally lukewarm, so I'll probably just let it drop. :)
I'm sorry, I completely misunderstood the OP. I thought the idea was to have a fundraiser for CP, which I don't have a problem with either.

I know, I'm a retard. It's also in the title "CP "CHARITY" fundraiser". My apologies.
https://rufiojones.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/eeyoresad.jpg

bevischief
05-20-2015, 02:55 PM
All depends.

BossChief
05-20-2015, 03:00 PM
I've got some Chiefs gear and stuff I don't use anymore that I'd gladly donate that could be auctioned off for donations.

Lots of really good organizations that need funding to enrich and sometimes save peoples lives.

I usually donate around 500 a year to St Jude's and would gladly do anything in my power to help out other worthwhile charities.