PDA

View Full Version : Royals *** Official Cincinnati Reds @ Kansas City Royals Game Thread (5/19) ***

Pages : [1] 2 3

alnorth
05-18-2015, 11:57 PM
<table border=3 cellpadding = 4>
<tr><td>Final</td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 2 </td><td> 3 </td><td> 4 </td><td> 5 </td><td> 6 </td><td> 7 </td><td> 8 </td><td> 9 </td><td> R </td><td> H </td><td> E </td></tr>
<tr><td> CIN (18-21) </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 4 </td><td> 0 </td></tr>
<tr><td> KC (25-14) </td><td> 0 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> X </td><td> 3 </td><td> 9 </td><td> 0 </td></tr>
</table>

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/cin.png

Loss, (3-4) Johnny Cueto 7IP 3R 3ER 1BB 4K
J.J. Hoover 1IP 0R 0ER 0BB 0K

VS.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/logos/80x80/kc.png

Win, (3-3) Yordano Ventura 7IP 0R 0ER 0BB 6K
Hold, (6) Kelvin Herrera 1IP 0R 0ER 1BB 1K
Save, (7) Wade Davis 1IP 0R 0ER 0BB 2K

Home Runs

none

AL Central

Final: MIN 8, PIT 5
Final: MIL 8, DET 1
Final: CLE 3, CWS 1

Starting Lineups

CIN

1. Zack Cozart, SS
2. Brayan Pena, C
3. Joey Votto, 1B
4. Todd Frazier, 3B
5. Marlon Byrd, LF
6. Brandon Phillips, 2B
7. Jay Bruce, RF
8. Devin Mesoraco, DH
9. Billy Hamilton, CF

KC

1. Alcides Escobar, SS
2. Mike Moustakas, 3B
3. Lorenzo Cain, CF
4. Eric Hosmer, 1B
5. Kendrys Morales, DH
6. Alex Gordon, LF
7. Salvador Perez, C
8. Omar Infante, 2B
9. Paulo Orlando, RF

alnorth
05-18-2015, 11:57 PM
I'll update the OP with the usual bells and whistles tomorrow, right now I gotta sleep.

cosmo20002
05-19-2015, 12:28 AM
Bullshit interleague games are bullshit, so fuck 'em up good

BlackHelicopters
05-19-2015, 07:10 AM
In.

BWillie
05-19-2015, 07:14 AM
So, if one were so inclined, what would it take to get Cueto?

Dante84
05-19-2015, 07:16 AM
More like Cincinnati bowties

WhawhaWhat
05-19-2015, 07:54 AM

Tell them we actually like Cincinnati chili.

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 08:00 AM

A decent amount, probably less than Samardzija, though. The a's got 1.5 years of control there.

It would hurt the farm system... But might be enough to make this team a really dangerous postseason team.

Great Expectations
05-19-2015, 08:21 AM
I'm shocked that we are currently -118 against Cueto.

Prison Bitch
05-19-2015, 08:49 AM
A decent amount, probably less than Samardzija, though. The a's got 1.5 years of control there.

It would hurt the farm system... But might be enough to make this team a really dangerous postseason team.

Cinci Inquiror talking about a KC trade here:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/redsblog/2015/05/18/bar-could-kc-be-a-royal-fit-for-johnny-cueto/27527837/

I'd dangle Danny Duffy out there. He's a proven starter, with a few warts but big upside. Cheap and controlled. If you're getting a MLB starter in return for Cueto you can't do a whole lot better than Duffy. His stuff would really play up in the Junior League too, so maybe he challenges more hitters and gets control back.

Something like Duffy + Almonte would be fair value, possibly.

tomahawk kid
05-19-2015, 09:30 AM

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/redsblog/2015/05/18/bar-could-kc-be-a-royal-fit-for-johnny-cueto/27527837/

I'd dangle Danny Duffy out there. He's a proven starter, with a few warts but big upside. Cheap and controlled. If you're getting a MLB starter in return for Cueto you can't do a whole lot better than Duffy. His stuff would really play up in the Junior League too, so maybe he challenges more hitters and gets control back.

I think I'd be all over that at this point.

To me, DD is what he is at this point.

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 09:36 AM

It's possible Cincinnati wants someone younger/with more control. Duffy is arb eligible next season, so that might be a hold-up for them.

Almonte is certainly a piece that's probably in consideration. I like him a lot because of the FB/CH combo, but he's probably the top minor league pitching trade chip at this point.

Something like Almonte + Finnegan + Dozier/Cuthbert might be more appealing because of the additional years of control.

That seems like it might be the upper limit of what Moore is willing to move via trade. I can't see him moving Zimmer or Manaea or Mondesi.

gblowfish
05-19-2015, 09:53 AM
I watched the Reds play the Giants a couple nights ago. The Reds have some similarities to the Royals. Votto and Hosmer for example. They also have a speed guy (Hamilton?) who's kind of like Cain but not as good. And Bryan Peņa is their catcher, except he actually hits for the Reds. Should be a fun match up, hope Ventura shows up.

I'm going tomorrow night.

Prison Bitch
05-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Royals review had Cueto this winter for: Mondesi/Zimmer/Manea + Binford + Selman.

Not sure I agree. The Reds are a .500 team with the same payroll (115) as us this year. They're not out of contention by any stretch and shouldn't be that scared of StL or Cubs or Pitt. They'd need an MLB starter to plug the Cueto absense. Theyd need one of our staters whoever it would be + prospect. Plus salary relief potentially.

They have a shitload committed next year too: 82m and that's pre-arb (guys like Chapman, Cosart etc). Votto in his prime with Bruce, Phillips Frazier all signed. They'd need a starter

Hootie
05-19-2015, 10:09 AM
I'd trade the farm for Cueto ...

Cueto is a legit #1 ... in Royals speak ... he's an ace to James Shields #2.

Cueto on the Royals would make the Royals a WS frontrunner in the AL easy. It's currently our biggest weakness.

and it would set us up for a :

Cueto
Volquez
Ventura
WHOEVER EMERGES AS #4

postseason rotation

Hootie
05-19-2015, 10:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/28955/johnny-cueto

This dude is better than Zack Greinke in Royals speak.

Hootie
05-19-2015, 10:12 AM
unfortunately ... there will be countless amounts of contenders that would be interested in Cueto so we'd have to give up about 3 or 4 $0.50 - $1 pieces for the guy

3 top prospects at least

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Royals review had Cueto this winter for: Mondesi/Zimmer/Manea + Binford + Selman.

Not sure I agree. The Reds are a .500 team with the same payroll (115) as us this year. They're not out of contention by any stretch and shouldn't be that scared of StL or Cubs or Pitt. They'd need an MLB starter to plug the Cueto absense. Theyd need one of our staters whoever it would be + prospect. Plus salary relief potentially.

They have a shitload committed next year too: 82m and that's pre-arb (guys like Chapman, Cosart etc). Votto in his prime with Bruce, Phillips Frazier all signed. They'd need a starter

Yeah, I think Duffy + Almonte is a fair value deal that makes sense for the Reds and would make sense for KC. Was just thinking through some alternatives if they were looking for more control/years.

Losing Duffy would hurt potentially in the long run - and would give KC two rotation spots to fill next season - but Cueto would be a major upgrade for this season.

I think the Royals review deal would have been correct for a full season of Cueto that has draft compensation attached to it, but since it is now a 1/2 season with no draft comp, that price should come down.

Almonte is also possibly higher on some team's radar now than Zimmer/Manaea due to his quality of work in the Texas league.

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 10:40 AM
The other issue re: Duffy is that he is one of the team's better bets for a long-term extension.

If he figures it out - and you typically don't give up on 26-year-old lefties with his kind of stuff this quickly - that's a really nice long-term piece.

Prison Bitch
05-19-2015, 10:49 AM
That's the risk: we sell too low on him. The Duffy of 2014 isn't someone teams would give up for 4 months of Cueto. If he reverts back then Cinci wins right there. Frankly I don't think there's much downside because his FB/SL combo can get him thru those lineups as is. I'd suspect he would out up identical numbers to Francisco Lirianonover in the NL

Probly all moot since it doesn't seem like anything DM would do. But you never know

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 10:52 AM
unfortunately ... there will be countless amounts of contenders that would be interested in Cueto so we'd have to give up about 3 or 4 $0.50 - $1 pieces for the guy

3 top prospects at least

3 of the Royals top 10? Sure. But three top 100 guys? I'm not sure the price is that high.

That's what Shields cost.

Almonte + Finnegan + Cuthbert would be a pretty fair price for a 1/2 season of Cueto and a bargain compared to what was given for Samardzija last year.

Prison Bitch
05-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Hard to know if waiting will suppress or increase demand for Cueto. He's the #1 trade target this year by a mile. Greinke was traded to ANA for a #55 overall (Segura) and another pitcher outside the top 100. Cueto prob brings more given the tremendous parity in MLB now and the runs made by KC and San Fran.

Duncan: What about kicking the tires on Garza? He isn't very durable but neither is Volq. He is owed 25m after this year, so that will need to be addressed.

BWillie
05-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Give them Zimmer, Finnegan, and Starling. None of those guys are going to be worth a shit, except Finnegan, and it won't be as a starting pitcher. I would not part with Manaea on almost any circumstance.

C3HIEF3S
05-19-2015, 12:15 PM
Give them Zimmer, Finnegan, and Starling. None of those guys are going to be worth a shit, except Finnegan, and it won't be as a starting pitcher. I would not part with Manaea on almost any circumstance.

Why would any team trade for them then?

kcfanXIII
05-19-2015, 12:17 PM

Here's a pile of shit, give us your ace. I'm sure the reds would be all over that.

cmh6476
05-19-2015, 12:19 PM
why has this turned into a cueto thread? :mad:

kick some ass, and brew crew kick the tigs ass for a 2.5 game lead PBJ

C3HIEF3S
05-19-2015, 12:19 PM
I also don't get how Finnegan has already been given up on as a SP. LMAO
The dude is one year removed from college.

cmh6476
05-19-2015, 12:20 PM

over-reaction planet at its best

mr. tegu
05-19-2015, 12:24 PM

kick some ass, and brew crew kick the tigs ass for a 2.5 game lead PBJ

Cueto is pitching tonight so that may have something to do with it.

cmh6476
05-19-2015, 12:26 PM
we're gonna kick cueto's ass

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 12:47 PM

This would be an overpay because of Zimmer's inclusion. Neither the team nor the baseball community values Almonte more than Zimmer. Otherwise, not that far off from what I was suggesting as an alternative (Almonte + Cuthbert + Finnegan).

It's also still far too early to tell anything definitive about Zimmer and Finnegan. I won't defend Starling until he puts a strong full season together. But the other two... with Zimmer, he's the type of talent you can't just give up on unless the return is significant. Trading him for a rental could be Drew for Wainwright (Or apparently Heyward for Miller) level of painful.

Hard to know if waiting will suppress or increase demand for Cueto. He's the #1 trade target this year by a mile. Greinke was traded to ANA for a #55 overall (Segura) and another pitcher outside the top 100. Cueto prob brings more given the tremendous parity in MLB now and the runs made by KC and San Fran.

Duncan: What about kicking the tires on Garza? He isn't very durable but neither is Volq. He is owed 25m after this year, so that will need to be addressed.

https://theunsalted.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/jennamarbles-weird-face-random-25321425-464-345.jpg?w=537&h=402

I haven't completely given up on him, but he has regressed this year. Part of that may be getting jerked up and down so much. His slider seems to have lost some bit/command, and he really needs that pitch to be plus to have a shot at starting.

Combine him taking a small step back with his height (and the extra weight he put on in the offseason), and his stock is down a bit.

I'm not giving up on him, but I'd rather keep Zimmer and Manaea than Finnegan.

BWillie
05-19-2015, 12:50 PM

He seems like a really good prospect, but fits the mold of reliever or closer. Hope I'm wrong, I don't like spending 1st round picks on relievers too much.

BWillie
05-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Why would any team trade for them then?

Because, people are REALLLY high on Zimmer, high on Finnegan, and some team might convince themself they can fix Bubba. Those are three perfect examples of prospects that other teams, in my opinion, might over value.

cosmo20002
05-19-2015, 12:58 PM

If you've reached this assessment and it is accurate, then you can be sure other teams are thinking the same thing. Therefore, they won't want those guys.

BWillie
05-19-2015, 12:59 PM
If you've reached this assessment and it is accurate, then you can be sure other teams are thinking the same thing. Therefore, they won't want those guys.

I don't agree. Teams are stupid sometimes mang. I mean, some guy traded us Jonathan Sanchez for Jeremy Guthrie. #TradeRape

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Because, people are REALLLY high on Zimmer, high on Finnegan, and some team might convince themself they can fix Bubba. Those are three perfect examples of prospects that other teams, in my opinion, might over value.

Guarantee you the Royals have a higher opinion of Bubba Starling than any other team in baseball. They still think he's a major league starter, just that he might get there at 24 or 25.

You're correct about Zimmer. That's why his value is too high to trade him for 1/2 a season of a rent-an-ace.

Tampa got Drew Smyly, Willy Adames (a top 100 player but not an elite prospect, and FAR from the majors) and Nick Franklin for David Price.

Smyly was a MLB-ready guy but not a top-tier guy. Franklin was a former top prospect who had failed pretty spectacularly.

And this was for 1.5 years of Price.

Honestly, I think I've talked myself into believing that Almonte + Finnegan + Cuthbert is too much for a 1/2 season of Cueto.

Prison Bitch
05-19-2015, 01:07 PM

Because the Cincinnati paper mentioned it this AM? Does that qualify?

TLO
05-19-2015, 01:50 PM
In for checking the score at work, per usual.

alnorth
05-19-2015, 02:27 PM
Lineups are out. Usual lineup for us tonight, with Orlando in right

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Ventura has a bounce back game and kills it. 7-1 Royals.

Great Expectations
05-19-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm ready for Rios to return, hopefully it doesn't take him to long to regain his timing. It took Gordon a little longer than I thought it would.

ChiefsCountry
05-19-2015, 02:43 PM
More talk from Columbia's sports radio. He went to cray cray on the names to trade IMO.
http://www.ktgr.com/kansas-city-royals-and-johnny-cueto-a-perfect-match/

DeepSouth
05-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Lineups are out. Usual lineup for us tonight, with Orlando in right
I guess they have given up on the platooning of Dyson / Orlando in RF. Dyson sitting again versus a right handed pitcher.

penbrook
05-19-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm ready for Rios to return, hopefully it doesn't take him to long to regain his timing. It took Gordon a little longer than I thought it would.

Yost said Rios will begin a rehab assignment in 7-10 days per Andy McCullough

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 03:38 PM
More talk from Columbia's sports radio. He went to cray cray on the names to trade IMO.
http://www.ktgr.com/kansas-city-royals-and-johnny-cueto-a-perfect-match/

Manaea and Mondesi are no-gos for Cueto. Both are top 25-50, elite prospect types.

A good glove SS with great speed, great instincts, and a good bat with double-digit HR pop? No way. (I've seen/heard some Furcal comparisons. Seems pretty on point).

A 6-5 lefty with rotation-fronting stuff and a huge K rate? No way.

Those guys can only be moved IF you're getting more than 3-4 months out of a guy.

Why Not?
05-19-2015, 04:02 PM
I guess they have given up on the platooning of Dyson / Orlando in RF. Dyson sitting again versus a right handed pitcher.

As it should be. Dyson has great value as a PR and def replacement. He is worthless as a starter.

Why Not?
05-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Plan:

Pound Cueto so soundly tonight that the Reds start to doubt he was ever that good

Trade them for him and give up Starling, Kratz and Tim Collins

Profit

suzzer99
05-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Plan:

Pound Cueto so soundly tonight that the Reds start to doubt he was ever that good

Trade them for him and give up Starling, Kratz and Tim Collins

Profit

Dammit I just spit chocolate milk all over my keyboard. Bastard.

Why Not?
05-19-2015, 04:13 PM

Lol

Bowser
05-19-2015, 05:08 PM
This has the feel of a 3-2/2-1 type of game.

lewdog
05-19-2015, 05:20 PM
I am pumped for tonight's game. I feel big things from Ventura. And I mean in a good way.

Coach
05-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Just hope the rain won't delay the game too long....

suzzer99
05-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Sucks that we're going to have fluffy nuts going against the Cards. I'd really love to sweep the bastards.

Coach
05-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Sucks that we're going to have fluffy nuts going against the Cards. I'd really love to sweep the bastards.

Yeah, I'm going on Saturday, and guess who's pitching that day? Fluffy.

KCUnited
05-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Detroit gives up back to back to back HRs to the Brewers. Six run inning.

lewdog
Rain delay????

Javabean
Wow, Sanchez has just given up three straight home runs to Milwaukee, including a three-run shot to Braun. Tigers are down 6 to 1 in the top of the third.

Saul Good
05-19-2015, 06:00 PM

Why were you drinking chocolate milk?

Coach
05-19-2015, 06:02 PM
Rain delay????

Not at the moment.

Dartgod
05-19-2015, 06:05 PM
I've got Anibal Sanchez on my fantasy team, he's getting rocked and I couldn't be happier.

Back to back to back HR in the 3rd inning.

6-1 Brewers.

EDIT:Q

lewdog
05-19-2015, 06:08 PM
I've got Anibal Sanchez on my fantasy team, he's getting rocked and I couldn't be happier.

Back to back to back HR in the 3rd inning.

6-1 Brewers.

EDIT:Q

He's on mine too. Fuck him!

GloryDayz
05-19-2015, 06:10 PM
This has always been the best part of Cincinnati....

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ff/8d/6f/ff8d6f7cc76ddb179c2546d005b2f3c4.jpg

lewdog
05-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Batting Pena second?

No Comprende.

penbrook
05-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Excellent fucking start

lewdog
05-19-2015, 06:14 PM
See post #51

kc rush
05-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Batting Pena second?

No Comprende.

Gotta have that speed up top.

lewdog
05-19-2015, 06:16 PM
Fun to watch a guy like Cueto. Not many like him.

lewdog
05-19-2015, 06:18 PM
The quick pace of Cueto is very nice see for once with pitchers today.

tk13
05-19-2015, 06:23 PM
You'd think some coaches would probably hate Cueto's approach. No two windups are the same, you really don't know what you're getting... but it's definitely going to mess with the hitters' timing.

SPchief
05-19-2015, 06:24 PM
This could be a 2 hour game

kc rush
05-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Wow

Coach
05-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Nasty pitch.

Dartgod
That was sick.

SPchief
Fiilllllthy

tk13
Well, Ventura's curve is on point tonight.

kc rush
05-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Fast game.

Coach
Very economical 2 innings by Ventura.

Dartgod
Ace is dealing.

Saul Good
19 pitches through two innings. The last one was 100 MPH.

GloryDayz
05-19-2015, 06:27 PM
Ace is dealing.

Yes, I'm very happy with what I'm seeing..

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 06:27 PM
It's funny how the Reds' announcer said that Cueto is never rattled. I remember the crowd in Pittsburgh getting on him pretty good. They were yelling "cuetoooooo, cuetooooo, cuetooooo"... he was so rattled that he kept dropping the ball.

Coach
05-19-2015, 06:28 PM
All right, come on, move this guy over.

suzzer99
Why were you drinking chocolate milk?

Actually it was chocolate protein shake. But milk just sounded funnier.

Dartgod
Anyone else ever think that Ned looks a bit like Ray Liotta?

Especially in the mouth area.

ChiTown
05-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Goddamnit Hosmer take a pitch!

Pete/

lewdog
Anyone else ever think that Ned looks a bit like Ray Liotta?

Especially in the mouth area.

You checking out DSLs???

tk13
I wonder how many former Expos are left in the league?

Dartgod
05-19-2015, 06:30 PM
You checking out DSLs???

Huh?

58-4ever
Fast game.

Yeah, our hitters need to take their time a bit.

58-4ever
Huh?

Dick Sucking Lips

Coach
Good AB by Morales after being down 0-2.

lewdog
05-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Huh?

Dick sucking lips (DSL).

You looking for a date?

Coach

I do not recall one on top of my head.

kc rush
Yeah, our hitters need to take their time a bit.

This inning is a good way to start

tk13
Answer my own question.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bruce Chen&#39;s retirement leaves 3 active former <a href="https://twitter.com/Montreal_Expos">@Montreal_Expos</a>: Bartolo Colon, Maicer Izturis, and Brendan Harris (minors), per STATS LLC.</p>&mdash; Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/600465644581171200">May 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dartgod
Dick sucking lips (DSL).

You looking for a date?

Huh.

Ok, never heard of that.

Coach
05-19-2015, 06:32 PM

I actually almost forgot. Colon, who's currently pitching for the NY Mets.

Edit: And you beat me to it by the twitter message.

petegz28
05-19-2015, 06:33 PM
whif

58-4ever
Huh.

Ok, never heard of that.

Probably a touch too old. :)

Saul Good
Gordon doesn't look like he's seeing the ball well.

Coach
Damn Gordon.... that ball was down on Broadway, and you missed it.

petegz28
no dp, sal

GloryDayz
05-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Yard would be good now..

Saul Good
And the whiff...fuck.

C3HIEF3S
Probably not going to get very many opportunities vs Cueto so it would be nice to capitalize.

GloryDayz
And the blond in the background (3rd base side). Would...

GloryDayz
05-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Cheese...

petegz28
once gordon bunted foul i got a bad feeling...

Dartgod
Cheese...

Yup. Missed his pitch.

Coach
05-19-2015, 06:36 PM
He missed his cookie....

GloryDayz
Any chance he's hiding slippery product in the hair he keeps touching?

penbrook
It always comes down to Infante

Dartgod
Omar will pick them up.

lewdog
Oh come on ladies!!!

SPchief
05-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Atleast we're making him work

petegz28
05-19-2015, 06:37 PM
omar can't lay off the slider away, can he?

Saul Good
05-19-2015, 06:38 PM
At least we're being patient...

SPchief
OMMMAAARRRR says suck it bitches

petegz28
Omar will pick them up.

nice....

Coach
Infante is IN!

Dartgod
Told ya.

kc rush
Good job Omar.

GloryDayz
Cheese eaten!

kc rush
05-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Also keeps the pitch count climbing

lewdog
WHO IS THIS GUY?!?!?!

petegz28
great fucking bunt

SPchief
Great fucking bunt

C3HIEF3S
Here we go boys!

Dartgod
Nice!!

Coach
Welp, I'll take it I guess.

GloryDayz
Very small ball..

lewdog
05-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Oh we working right now!

Dartgod
Come on Escobeef!

alnorth
Has anyone mentioned yet that it was a good fucking bunt?

58-4ever
40 plus pitches in 2 innings. I'll take it. let's get him out of there.

Coach
Come on Esky, bust it in the gap.

petegz28
damn..rotten luck there

Dartgod
Damn!

Coach
Fuck.

58-4ever
C'mon Ace. Statement GAME

Al Bundy
05-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Well.. hopefully leaving the bases loaded won't come back to haunt us.

petegz28
good thing is we squared up some balls that inning....esky just hit it to the wrong spot

tk13
Good inning. Made Cueto work.

petegz28
05-19-2015, 06:42 PM
good thing is we squared up some balls that inning....esky just hit it to the wrong spot

31% chance of scoring with bases loaded and 2 out

duncan_idaho
05-19-2015, 06:43 PM
That, right there, is what makes Cueto a stud.

Three singles, a walk, and he holds the opponent to one run. Makes big pitches in big spots.

Nice inning from the Royals, though.

Molitoth
05-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Infante has worked his way out of my shit list.

I really can't complain about anyone's batting lately except Dyson.

Coach
05-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Crud.

ChiTown
Shit, come on Ace

petegz28
well i see we're back to giving up the lead as soon as we get it...

pitch out of this, please

Molitoth
05-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Good play by hos.

Coach
Oh, that was dangerous and close.

petegz28
wow close

SPchief
Hell of a dig

Molitoth
05-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Whew

Coach
There ya go. Nice job.

Get one more out.

ChiTown
Huge play right there. One more!

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 06:48 PM
come on Ace! One out!

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Hitting TRIPLE digits.

GloryDayz
05-19-2015, 06:50 PM
99!! Wow!

petegz28
funny, they can at least foul off 99, we whiff on 93

petegz28
BAM! SIT DOWN!

SPchief
Nice

Coach
Nice!

C3HIEF3S
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooo

kc rush
Nice job Ace

GloryDayz
05-19-2015, 06:51 PM
I have to appreciate how angry Pena was after that strike-out. He wanted it, and wanted it bad.

Ceej
funny, they can at least foul off 99, we whiff on 93

LMAO

58-4ever
Seemed like a mistake but I'll take it!

lewdog
Please keep batting Pena 2nd in the order for the rest of the series.

petegz28
05-19-2015, 06:52 PM
Seemed like a mistake but I'll take it!

high off speed after dishing 99? it was a great pitch

Al Bundy
05-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Wow... great job of getting out of the Yordano Ventura.

petegz28
05-19-2015, 06:53 PM
moose

Coach
05-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Moose Tacos going Oppo!

58-4ever
Make him work. The sooner we get him out of this game the better.

C3HIEF3S
I'll take this Moose all day long

58-4ever
high off speed after dishing 99? it was a great pitch

You want to throw it 90 MPH and elevate it? I disagree.

GloryDayz
If baseball had cheerleaders, I'd hope this young lady would be one of Cinci's...

http://www.strangecelebrities.com/images/content/162833.jpg

petegz28
05-19-2015, 06:55 PM
god lord twins winning again

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 06:55 PM
I'll take this Moose all day long

You'll take a Moose Dong and love it with your DSLs

petegz28
05-19-2015, 06:56 PM
You want to throw it 90 MPH and elevate it? I disagree.

after him seeing 99 a few times..totally fooled him...he thought it was a high strike at 98 and whiffed

though i wouldn't make a habit out of it

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 06:56 PM

It's getting annoying watching all these Central teams constantly win.

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 06:57 PM
after him seeing 99 a few times..totally fooled him...he thought it was a high strike at 98 and whiffed

though i wouldn't make a habit out of it

I get why it worked... I just don't agree that he was trying to do that.

petegz28
that was ball 4, cain

Dartgod

They'll be a half game behind Detroit if the scores hold up.

58-4ever
2IP 52 pitches.

petegz28
think that was ball 5, cain

Coach
GD it....

SPchief
05-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Just unlucky

petegz28
damn, rotten luck there

duncan_idaho
Like the way this game is going ... run that Cueto PC up.

Another benefit of having him in KC for the summer: Man, if he could teach Ventura 1/10 of what he knows about the art of pitching...

Coach
Damn it.

C3HIEF3S
Damn hard hit ball turns into 2 outs.

C3HIEF3S
05-19-2015, 06:59 PM

Another benefit of having him in KC for the summer: Man, if he could teach Ventura 1/10 of what he knows about the art of pitching...

Boner achieved

Saul Good
05-19-2015, 06:59 PM

Instead of 2 on no outs, we swing at ball 4...and then ball 5. One pitch later, the inning is over. We just can't help ourselves.

petegz28
05-19-2015, 07:00 PM
sup, sydney?????

Discuss Thrower
05-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Hellloooooooo Sydney

Discuss Thrower
Someone. Please. Gif up that fatbody in the suite window.

GloryDayz
Boner achieved

But not to Loni, huh? Odd....

Discuss Thrower
05-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Oh she's married? Fuck that.

GloryDayz
Someone. Please. Gif up that fatbody in the suite window.

Fuck the fuck off, fucker..

lewdog
Not even looking at her could get me to watch soccer.

petegz28
little taint on that pitch

Dartgod
I FUCKING hate it when they feel like they need to interview some nobody right in the middle of the game.

FUCK!!

lewdog
05-19-2015, 07:03 PM
I FUCKING hate it when they feel like they need to interview some nobody right in the middle of the game.

FUCK!!

Better than PBP from Fever though. He rarely talks about the game anyway.

mr. tegu
Rusty has some teaching to do with Orlando.

Coach
Jesus.....

SPchief
05-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Nice

petegz28
whew..good play

penbrook
Orlando I hate you

petegz28
bwaha!

SPchief
LMAO

lewdog
Hey douche, that's Cain's 100% of the time. Back off!!!

Saul Good
Thanks for taking a break from the women's soccer interview to show some baseball.

Coach
LOL

Thanks for the out Reds.

C3HIEF3S
Thanks for the out.

Discuss Thrower
Fuck the fuck off, fucker..

u wot m8

kc rush
05-19-2015, 07:06 PM
43 pitches through 4. I'll take that any day.

Saul Good
05-19-2015, 07:06 PM
WTF was Orlando doing, by the way? If that ball gets by Cain, it's a 2 run HR.

penbrook
05-19-2015, 07:07 PM
WTF was Orlando doing, by the way? If that ball gets by Cain, it's a 2 run HR.

He looked like Aoki there. He either needs to call it or back up Cain. Center fielder has priority

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Cueto is a stud. Let's work that pitch count.

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Volquez has fat white woman arms. ha.

C3HIEF3S
05-19-2015, 07:10 PM
That's one way to get Cueto out of the game

C3HIEF3S
05-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Nice job, Sal. Like to see him going opposite field.

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Hud does the worst Southern accent in the universe.

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah, no stare down because there is no shit talking from the other side HUD. Fucking Hulk Hogan.

Saul Good
05-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Has Ventura shaken off Sal a single time tonight?

58-4ever
05-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Has Ventura shaken off Sal a single time tonight?

No, he's cruising at a good pace. He's thinking less which seems to be a good thing.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Krusty Cuunt at the Little K!

petegz28
05-19-2015, 07:20 PM
stay with him

SPchief
05-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Fillltttthyy

petegz28
some more of that taint

C3HIEF3S
Ventura is looking great. Filthy pitch there.

ChiefsCountry
Ace is pitching like an ace tonight.

58-4ever
BOOM

Dartgod
This is the Ventura from game 6 of the WS.

C3HIEF3S
05-19-2015, 07:22 PM
This is the Ventura from game 6 of the WS.

What great memories you just brought back to me.

Saul Good
05-19-2015, 07:23 PM
No, he's cruising at a good pace. He's thinking less which seems to be a good thing.

He needs a lobotomy. Just shut off his brain and make him throw whatever Sal calls, and he'll be an ace.

Discuss Thrower
05-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Paulo!

alnorth
60 pitches. Ventura is on CG pace.

penbrook
Orlando has been swinging the bat great here lately. Too bad he can't field for shit

lewdog
05-19-2015, 07:25 PM
See post #51

petegz28
moose!!!

kc rush
Moooooose!

C3HIEF3S
Oh Moose.