PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reid impressed with Ramik Wilson

staylor26
05-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Ramik Wilson, the Chiefs' fourth-round selection out of Georgia in this year's NFL Draft, noticed the difference between college football and the pros almost immediately.

"Everybody's great," he said after the Chiefs' last rookie minicamp practice Monday afternoon. "Everybody's fast; everybody's strong."

Though Wilson comes from one of the country's premier college football teams and conferences in Georgia and the SEC, he quickly relinquished the idea that it could make competing in the NFL any easier. He realized that the professional realm is a whole different animal entirely, so his strategy was to place special focus on the details over the course of the past three days.

"All the little things are going to help you," he said. "That's why I have to study my playbook harder, know my plays, my adjustments and I have to make all the calls, so I have to be on point for everything."

Wilson, in many ways, has already been on point. He had one interception during live sessions on Sunday and collected two more on Monday.

"He's got strong hands and he's got a knack for making plays here," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said of Wilson. "He's done a nice job, a very nice job."

But even though Wilson acknowledged his very early success, he assured that he isn't close to being satisfied.

"I've made a couple good plays here and there, but I had a couple in error," he said. "It's never going to be perfect, but I just have to correct the little things and once that's taken care of, I can take my game to another level."

The coaching staff has already shared with Wilson what that may entail as he continues to work towards training camp.

"Understand the game a little bit more, know my personnel, what plays I can get out of this formation, little tendencies, O-Linemen stances, quarterback mannerisms, stuff like that."

It's a laundry list for a rookie who out of the gate has shown a lot of talent.

As he walked off the field Monday, his rookie camp experience behind him, he said that he wanted to show the Kansas City coaches that he is a "big-time player that can help make an impact on the defense."

Though there are many more practices to go before training camp, the former All-SEC linebacker is certainly off to a strong start.

http://m.kcchiefs.com/s/30852/260?itemPos=2&itemUri=-1619580349%2F7211458100856094784092

ptlyon
05-19-2015, 11:20 AM
PRINT 'EM

RunKC
05-19-2015, 11:21 AM
He led the SEC in tackles and had solid measurables. No reason why he can't start next to DJ at some point this season.

RealSNR
05-19-2015, 11:24 AM
He's a flaming bag of turds. My least favorite pick of the draft by far

Beef Supreme
05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
Reid, and every other coach in the history of coaches, all say good things about all the new rookies, sometimes even after they cut them. Hopefully this guy works out, but Reid praising him is no benchmark.

Brock
05-19-2015, 11:47 AM
"Everybody's great," he said after the Chiefs' last rookie minicamp practice Monday afternoon. "Everybody's fast; everybody's strong."

This is wonderful news.

kepp
05-19-2015, 11:59 AM
This is wonderful news.

And he hasn't even seen Fisher's new physique yet.

Brock
05-19-2015, 12:03 PM
I didn't realize everybody was great, fast, and strong. This changes things.

DaneMcCloud
05-19-2015, 12:05 PM
There are more players from Georgia (5) than any other university on the roster and six, if you include Albert Wilson, from Georgia State, from Georgia universities/colleges.

Dorsey loves him some Georgia.

eDave
05-19-2015, 12:12 PM
Sounds like he has the brains, attitude and skill to succeed.

Hoover
05-19-2015, 12:13 PM
So he is competing against other draftees and undrafted free agents but he can tell that the speed of the game is different?

eDave
05-19-2015, 12:17 PM
So he is competing against other draftees and undrafted free agents but he can tell that the speed of the game is different?

No more scrubs.

thabear04
05-19-2015, 01:38 PM
He's a flaming bag of turds. My least favorite pick of the draft by far

On AA they had him as the worst pick.

Frosty
05-19-2015, 01:58 PM
So, were the three picks good LB play or dreadful QB play? :hmmm:

ChiefGator
05-19-2015, 02:02 PM
So, were the three picks good LB play or dreadful QB play? :hmmm:

Probably some of both. But I will take that over the football bouncing off his hands a couple times.

RealSNR
05-19-2015, 02:23 PM
On AA they had him as the worst pick.

Drafting 101 is to never reach for position need in the middle rounds. ALWAYS just take the best available option.

Watching Wilson play at Georgia just immediately sends me back to nightmares of Donnie Edwards.

The Raiders will probably drag this guy around the field with whatever Napoleon Kauffman RB they trot out this year.

BossChief
05-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Drafting 101 is to never reach for position need in the middle rounds. ALWAYS just take the best available option.

Watching Wilson play at Georgia just immediately sends me back to nightmares of Donnie Edwards.

The Raiders will probably drag this guy around the field with whatever Napoleon Kauffman RB they trot out this year.

He's a Donnie Edwards type of player, for sure. I think I made that comparison right after we drafted him.

For where he was drafted, it was a damn good pick IMO.

ChiefGator
05-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Well, Donnie was a good coverage linebacker.. And Wilson is a coverage liability according to pre-draft reports ... So a little different there.

Hopefully he can learn a little bit of coverage though.

RealSNR
05-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Well, Donnie was a good coverage linebacker.. And Wilson is a coverage liability according to pre-draft reports ... So a little different there.

I hope he learns how to wrap up better than he does. In all of his highlight reels you can watch on youtube, it takes him like 20 seconds to drag down the ballcarrier, and he always seems to be out of position when he grabs on.

Hootie
05-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Lmao ... if Ramik is Donnie Edwards in the 4th round that's one hell of a pick ... nightmares? Lmao

DaneMcCloud
05-19-2015, 02:57 PM
I hope he learns how to wrap up better than he does. In all of his highlight reels you can watch on youtube, it takes him like 20 seconds to drag down the ballcarrier, and he always seems to be out of position when he grabs on.

So he's a young Josh Mauga?

:D

RealSNR
05-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Lmao ... if Ramik is Donnie Edwards in the 4th round that's one hell of a pick ... nightmares? Lmao

You clearly don't remember how much Donnie Edwards sucked in stopping the run.

He made Josh Mauga look like Dick fucking Butkus.

Hydrae
05-19-2015, 02:59 PM

Hmmm, coverage issues and has 3 INTs during rookie camp. :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
05-19-2015, 03:03 PM
You clearly don't remember how much Donnie Edwards sucked in stopping the run.

He made Josh Mauga look like Dick fucking Butkus.

Donnie's issue wasn't ability but that he was small for a linebacker. He usually played around 225, which is just too light for a 3 down 'backer.

He'd be a great weapon on passing downs in today's game.

DaneMcCloud
05-19-2015, 03:04 PM

That could be indicative of the QB's more so than the player

thabear04
05-19-2015, 03:07 PM

Depends what Donnie Edwards we get 1996-2001 or 2007.

In58men
05-19-2015, 03:15 PM
You guys eat this shit up every fucking time.

BigChiefFan
05-19-2015, 03:20 PM
In the past two seasons, Wilson has 25 starts, 243 tackles, 6 sacks, 18 tackles for loss, averaging 9.72 tackles per game. I'd say that's a Hell of a 4th round pick. They guy has a nose for the ball and has a chance to make an impact. I'm hopeful he puts it all together and becomes a starter for us.

Chief Roundup
05-19-2015, 03:39 PM

Donnie was a damn good LB for the Chiefs. I am pretty sure that it was Tyrone Wheatley that did the dragging. Oh my god one play.
Meanwhile Donnie Edwards was a 20 sack, 20 interception LB. There only have been 10 of those guys ever play the game. Pro Bowl and All Pro player as well.
All of that great play from a 4th round, 98th overall, LB drafted by the Chiefs. Yeah he ****ing sucked. Your ridiculousness on somethings is simply ridiculous.

notorious
05-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Not impressed.

jspchief
05-19-2015, 04:45 PM
Based on what I saw in his highlight reel, he looks like the type of guy that will rarely give up huge plays, but teams will get 5 yards on nearly every time. Smart enough to not make a critical error, but not explosive enough to be disruptive. My guess is he turns out to be a blue collar type starter at best (maybe Demorrio Williams), floor being special teamer, ceiling being maybe Donnie Edwards.

Granted this is all from a highlight reel, so it's probably ridiculous for me to even speculate.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-19-2015, 04:58 PM
This is a fresh and exciting new take, I've never read anything like it before in my life.

Pulitzer's for everyone!

ChiefGator
05-19-2015, 05:41 PM

Exactly. That is why I read that news as particularly good. It indicates maybe he isn't such a liability.

Of course, we know NOTHING about the situation. The greatest concern (pre-draft) with him besides his dragging tackles was his (likely) inability to turn and shadow tight ends in the NFL. We really don't know if he was actually doing that, or just sitting down and making a play on the ball.

Anyway, as I said, better that he is catching them then dropping them.

And Donnie Edwards is much maligned on this board, as are blue-collar players. If he is a blue-collar player, 8 year starter, than that is a most excellent pick.

Hydrae
05-19-2015, 07:13 PM
That could be indicative of the QB's more so than the player

I would put more weight to that argument if we were hearing about all the other interceptions from LBers this last weekend. (I have not kept up with the details, this may have been happening)

milkman
05-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Donnie was a damn good LB for the Chiefs. I am pretty sure that it was Tyrone Wheatley that did the dragging. Oh my god one play.
Meanwhile Donnie Edwards was a 20 sack, 20 interception LB. There only have been 10 of those guys ever play the game. Pro Bowl and All Pro player as well.
All of that great play from a 4th round, 98th overall, LB drafted by the Chiefs. Yeah he ****ing sucked. Your ridiculousness on somethings is simply ridiculous.

Donnie Edwards athletic and fast, and had a nose for the ball.

But the fact is that he was a guy that would latch on to ball carriers, get dragged, and hold on until help arrived.

Hootie
05-19-2015, 07:23 PM
I swear to God if our 4th round pick ends up like Donnie Edwards and only has a successful 12 year career I'll be pissed. That would be a nightmare. Anything less than Jared Allen in the 4th round is a bust.

Chief Roundup
05-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Donnie Edwards athletic and fast, and had a nose for the ball.

But the fact is that he was a guy that would latch on to ball carriers, get dragged, and hold on until help arrived.

I know he was undersized and he got dragged a few times but the few are over emphasized on here and has been for years. The guy ended up with over 1,000 tackles on his career. Averaging more than 150 a year over a 5 year span.

ChiefGator
05-19-2015, 08:10 PM
I SWEATERGAWD if our 4th round pick ends up like Donnie Edwards and only has a successful 12 year career I'll be pissed. That would be a nightmare. Anything less than Jared Allen in the 4th round is a bust.

fyp

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-19-2015, 08:52 PM
In the past two seasons, Wilson has 25 starts, 243 tackles, 6 sacks, 18 tackles for loss, averaging 9.72 tackles per game. I'd say that's a Hell of a 4th round pick. They guy has a nose for the ball and has a chance to make an impact. I'm hopeful he puts it all together and becomes a starter for us.

If he led the SEC in tackles ,that right their tells you something. That's what you need at LB.

RealSNR
05-20-2015, 12:35 AM
I said he couldn't stop the run, dickbrain.

What's ridiculous about that?

RealSNR
05-20-2015, 12:37 AM
I swear to God if our 4th round pick ends up like Donnie Edwards and only has a successful 12 year career I'll be pissed. That would be a nightmare. Anything less than Jared Allen in the 4th round is a bust.

If Wilson tackles like Donnie Edwards, we're fucked.

Judging by how the Chiefs reached on him after all the other ILBs got taken, we're kind of counting on him for something more than just special teams.

And ironically enough, Jared Allen was drafted to play special teams, basically.

Wilson was not.

Chief Roundup
05-20-2015, 06:50 AM
I said he couldn't stop the run, dickbrain.

What's ridiculous about that?

Your whole post was about how horrible he would be because you were comparing him to Donnie Edwards. You are one of the posters that has always bagged on Donnie even though he was one of the better LBs in the league at that time.
Nightmares and talking about him being drug around. Because playing the run was his first job....Oh wait no it wasn't. He was suppose to play the pass first.

Chief Roundup
05-20-2015, 06:53 AM
If Wilson tackles like Donnie Edwards, we're ****ed.

Judging by how the Chiefs reached on him after all the other ILBs got taken, we're kind of counting on him for something more than just special teams.

And ironically enough, Jared Allen was drafted to play special teams, basically.

Wilson was not.
Well is it the run or is it that he couldn't tackle???????
Drafting Wilson in the 4th, 118 overall, was not a reach.
A guy that averages over 150 tackles a season for 5 or 6 years, yeah damn that would suck.
Yet you wonder why I used the word ridiculous. SMH

milkman
05-20-2015, 06:54 AM
Your whole post was about how horrible he would be because you were comparing him to Donnie Edwards. You are one of the posters that has always bagged on Donnie even though he was one of the better LBs in the league at that time.
Nightmares and talking about him being drug around. Because playing the run was his first job....Oh wait no it wasn't. He was suppose to play the pass first.

Wait.....
What?

Chief Roundup
05-20-2015, 06:55 AM
Wait.....
What?

Donnie was always stuck on the TE unless he didn't go out into a route.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 08:31 AM
Anybody drafted in the 4th round isn't a reach and should have little expectation. If he sucks, he sucks. If he turns into a serviceable player, jackpot. Some day this website will understand ...

milkman
05-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Donnie was always stuck on the TE unless he didn't go out into a route.

So, since his primary responsibility was coverage, it excuses piss poor tackling?

milkman
05-20-2015, 08:36 AM
Anybody drafted in the 4th round isn't a reach and should have little expectation. If he sucks, he sucks. If he turns into a serviceable player, jackpot. Some day this website will understand ...

I shit on Donnie Edwards because he's over rated by dumbass homers around here, and because he was a sorry tackler.

The fact is that he was a good player.

If Ramik Wilson played to that level, then that pick is a hit, as was Edwards.

KChiefs1
05-20-2015, 09:27 AM
SEC talent.

RealSNR
05-20-2015, 09:37 AM
A guy that averages over 150 tackles a season for 5 or 6 years, yeah damn that would suck.

Morons around here get so goddamn fixated on player comparisons. Nobody can compare players without people thinking that comparisons = equations.

I only ever said that by looking at Wilson's college highlights on youtube, he tackles like a fucking pussy, and that I have nightmares of Edwards getting dragged around by some chump RB of the Raiders (somebody pointed out it was Tyrone Wheatley, not Napoleon Kauffman).

Now retards and assholes like you and Hootie are saying Wilson = Edwards and that's bad.

"BUT HE'S A 4TH ROUND PICK HE'S NOT A BUST IF HE PLAYS AS WELL AS EDWARDS LOL"

No. That's not what I fucking said. Go away.

ChiefGator
05-20-2015, 09:38 AM

I shit on Donnie Edwards because he's over rated by dumbass homers around here, and because he was a sorry tackler.

Exactly right.

You want to hit on some of these, obviously, but every hit in the 4th round and beyond is reason for celebration.

BossChief
05-20-2015, 09:58 AM
The guy ran a 4.62 at his proday and will be learning from one of the best in the league at how to improve on his weaknesses of not taking on and shedding blockers, being aggressive enough to make plays at and behind the line as well as getting better drops in coverage.

I don't think he will play next to DJ, instead will be groomed as his replacement.

Jmo

The Franchise
05-20-2015, 10:00 AM
I think I'm more interested in Alexander at this point.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 10:00 AM

That's totally fair ... and I agree

Mav
05-20-2015, 11:12 AM

When I first got to college, I heard how much faster the college game was. And I was pretty fast myself. 4.53 40, 51.3 400 meters.

I got to college, and everyone was faster, stronger, bigger. I can only imagine what the jump is like for pro's.

Brock
05-20-2015, 11:55 AM

That's wrong. When he was demanding more money from the Chargers an article came out in San Diego that pointed out that 25 percent of his tackles came on gains of 6 or more yards. It isn't just people's imaginations that he rode running backs. The guy was a good player, but to make out like he was a great tackler is nonsense.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 12:11 PM
When I first got to college, I heard how much faster the college game was. And I was pretty fast myself. 4.53 40, 51.3 400 meters.

I got to college, and everyone was faster, stronger, bigger. I can only imagine what the jump is like for pro's.
Lollllll

BossChief
05-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Yeah.

Not many high schoolers run a 4.53 unless their coach was trying to instill confidence in them.

Hand timed 40s aren't exactly reliable.

TimBone
05-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Another CP athlete. Who'da thunk it?

Hootie
05-20-2015, 12:26 PM
I tend to believe that 40% of CP is faster than Larry Johnson, who ran a 4.55 40

BossChief
05-20-2015, 12:29 PM
I played against Ronney Jenkins in HS and he was all state track and broke the national rushing yards in a game with like 650 or something crazy (after we held him to about 200 a couple games prior and I was a team captain for the game where I couldn't even touch him multiple times) and he went to BYU and was a pro bowl returner in the NFL.

He ran a 4.5 flat 40.

RunKC
05-20-2015, 12:31 PM
In a league filled with sub 4.4 or better athletes, a 4.55 is pretty damn slow in this league.
LJ was a bruiser tho so it didn't really matter that much.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 12:34 PM
LJ was never a bruiser ... he was always a 2nd level guy ... once he got to the 2nd level, he was great

and he wasn't a speed back by any means but he played faster than his "timed speed" and he was certainly a fast back

and the league is not filled with 4.4 or better athletes ... 4.4 is still elite speed in the NFL

TimBone
05-20-2015, 12:35 PM
I tend to believe that 40% of CP is faster than Larry Johnson, who ran a 4.55 40
Just 40%? I think it's got to be closer to 65% or 70%. It would be closer to 80% if some of the guys weren't hindered by their 13 inch dicks.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 12:35 PM
if CP has 5000 members I can say that there is probably around 1.5 members on this board, TOPS, that ever broke a 4.5 40 legitimately

BossChief
05-20-2015, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

Mav
05-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Yeah.

Not many high schoolers run a 4.53 unless their coach was trying to instill confidence in them.

That part may be true. However, my 400 time was not hand timed.

But I was always one of the fastest kids in high school, and college.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

you're right

probably more like 0.5

there MIGHT be 1, but doubtful

Mav
05-20-2015, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

Hootie would. Because everyone is a lazy lard ass according to him. That's why I wasn't shocked he was the one to quote my post.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 12:55 PM
lazy lard ass?

4.5 is elite speed ... it's big time, big conference college scholarship speed

it's rare speed

just cuz your high school football coach timed you at 4.2 doesn't mean you run a 4.2 ... I promise

BossChief
05-20-2015, 12:56 PM

How was your 40 yard dash timed?

BossChief
05-20-2015, 12:59 PM
My high school coach "clocked me" at 4.7 one time.

I laughed because there was no way possible it was true. I ran a 4.9 and if the wind was at my back I might break into the 4.8s.

Sorry Mav, but I highly doubt you ever ran a legit 4.53 40 yard dash.

Mav
05-20-2015, 01:01 PM
lazy lard ass?

4.5 is elite speed ... it's big time, big conference college scholarship speed

it's rare speed

just cuz your high school football coach timed you at 4.2 doesn't mean you run a 4.2 ... I promise

It was hand timed . And this was back in 1997. So the validity of it is questionable I can agree with that. But so I think my coaches said I ran a 4.53 when I actually ran a 4.7? No.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 01:01 PM
our coaches timed several guys at 4.2 and 4.3

laughably hilarious

BossChief
05-20-2015, 01:03 PM

It was hand timed . And this was back in 1997. So the validity of it is questionable I can agree with that. But so I think my coaches said I ran a 4.53 when I actually ran a 4.7? No.

Contradict yourself much?

jonzie04
05-20-2015, 01:05 PM
lol at you guys thinking a 4.5 40 is some super mythical time that can only be achieved by some demi god. most decent high school sprinters that can compete at atleast a district level can run near that.... keep in mind most nfl players weigh well over 200lbs...

BossChief
05-20-2015, 01:13 PM
our coaches timed several guys at 4.2 and 4.3

laughably hilarious

Everyone thought ronney Jenkins ran a 4.3...cause the kid was unreal fast and I played ball in the CIF (our division produced boatloads of nfl talent)...then he ran an electronic 4.5 flat

Guys with 4.4 and 4.3 speed (even 4.5 speed) have incredible wheels and would get scholarships based on speed alone.

LoneWolf
05-20-2015, 01:27 PM
lol at you guys thinking a 4.5 40 is some super mythical time that can only be achieved by some demi god. most decent high school sprinters that can compete at atleast a district level can run near that.... keep in mind most nfl players weigh well over 200lbs...

You're sorely mistaken if you think most decent high school sprinters can run legitimately near a 4.5 40.

penbrook
05-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Everyone thought ronney Jenkins ran a 4.3...cause the kid was unreal fast and I played ball in the CIF (our division produced boatloads of nfl talent)...then he ran an electronic 4.5 flat

Guys with 4.4 and 4.3 speed (even 4.5 speed) have incredible wheels and would get scholarships based on speed alone.

Wrong one of my old high school running backs he was 185 and ran a 4.23. But he never played because it was all politic all. Coaches had favorites

Hootie
05-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Wrong one of my old high school running backs he was 185 and ran a 4.23. But he never played because it was all politic all. Coaches had favorites

lollllllllll

LoneWolf
05-20-2015, 01:30 PM

You should embed this post up your ass before you infect the rest of the board with your stupidity.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 01:32 PM
4.23 would only be the fastest ever recorded time at the combine

but yeah

politics !!!

haha

notorious
05-20-2015, 01:32 PM
I only run when chased.

BossChief
05-20-2015, 01:33 PM

You are a complete idiot if ....

nm

notorious
05-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Penbrook is pulling your chain.

All too easy.

Edit: Maybe not! :eek:

penbrook
05-20-2015, 01:35 PM

but yeah

politics !!!

haha

Also remind you this is in Alaska. There's very little exposure. The most successful NFL to come out of there was Darryn Colledge and Mark Schlereth and they found Colledge on accident. When you play a 8 game schedule and you play there tell me how he's suppose to get on a D1 school

jonzie04
05-20-2015, 01:36 PM
You're sorely mistaken if you think most decent high school sprinters can run legitimately near a 4.5 40.

a decent hs sprinter can run at least 10.90. And a 10.90 guy can absolutely run at least a 4.59

There is absolutely nothing impressive about a 4.5 40... The impressive part is that these guys do it at 240+ lbs.

Beef Supreme
05-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Hell, even when my coach let me cheat the start line by a half a step I could only get a 4.9. I was small, but I was slow.

notorious
05-20-2015, 01:41 PM
If a person has 4.23 speed they would get a full-ride scholarship and any university in the United States.

penbrook
05-20-2015, 01:43 PM
If a person has 4.23 speed they would get a full-ride scholarship and any university in the United States.

Not when you live in the frozen tundra of Alaska and are just barely maintaining a 2.0 GPA

Reerun_KC
05-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Polar bears?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-20-2015, 01:50 PM
We had a guy run a "4.28". Hilarious. He flamed out at Texas A&M pretty fast

In college we had a white guy named Stan Zwinggi who claimed he ran at 4.18 at a football camp. Yet somehow he never managed to pick up a big d1 offer. At his pro day he ran a 4.5.

http://www.zwinggi.com

http://www.zwinggi.com/speedtest.pdf

Coogs
05-20-2015, 01:54 PM
a decent hs sprinter can run at least 10.90.

This is from today:

http://stats.catchitkansas.com/sunflower/cik/docs/Track/Swenson_Season_Top_Marks_2015.pdf

According to the Kansas State High School Activities Journal February 2015 magizine, page 21, there are 9887 boys out for high school track in the state of Kansas. And from the link above, there are only 14 boys running 10.9 or better under the Fully Automatic Timing System.

penbrook
05-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Polar bears?

Only above the arctic circle. I'm from North Pole which is in the interior

Willie Lanier
05-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah.

I had a college coach clock me at 4.5, when in reality it was probably (definitely) a 5.0 or at best a 4.8

I think it's an overrated metric anyways for certain positions; how often is a mlb going to run 40 yds straight line? I'm getting off topic but I agree with your post

ROYC75
05-20-2015, 03:02 PM

but yeah

politics !!!

haha

I once had a 4.05 in the 600' run.

Man O Man, I had them legs a going that day!

LoneWolf
05-20-2015, 03:31 PM
This is from today:

http://stats.catchitkansas.com/sunflower/cik/docs/Track/Swenson_Season_Top_Marks_2015.pdf

According to the Kansas State High School Activities Journal February 2015 magizine, page 21, there are 9887 boys out for high school track in the state of Kansas. And from the link above, there are only 14 boys running 10.9 or better under the Fully Automatic Timing System.

But, I heard any decent high school sprinter can run close to a 4.5 40. :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
05-20-2015, 03:56 PM
I run a 3.8 40.

Mav
05-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Contradict yourself much?

Uh, no?

My 40 time was hand timed.

My 400 meters time was laser timed at state.

O.city
05-20-2015, 03:59 PM
This is a hall of classics thread.

A 4.5 40 is no big deal. Lol

jonzie04
05-20-2015, 04:11 PM
This is from today:

Wow Kansas might be the slowest state in the country. There are thousands of kids in the country that can run 10.9s. Feel free to check out dyestat.com. There are over 100 kids that run between 10.90 and 10.92.

You couldn't even walk on to mizzous track team running a 10.9 a school that doesn't even focus on sprints. I consider that decent.

Coogs
05-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Wow Kansas might be the slowest state in the country. There are thousands of kids in the country that can run 10.9s. Feel free to check out dyestat.com. There are over 100 kids that run between 10.90 and 10.92.

You couldn't even walk on to mizzous track team running a 10.9 a school that doesn't even focus on sprints. I consider that decent.

You said 10.9 or better. There are over 30 listed on the same website I posted at 10.9 or better hand timed. Could be a whole bunch more from 10.9 - 11.0... hand timed. Only 14 by the FAT system. I expect that number to improve the next two weeks, as regionals and state take place.

Rain Man
05-20-2015, 06:11 PM
When I see this title, I tend to see the name as Rainn Wilson and I'm glad that Andy enjoys The Office.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Indentity-Theft-is-Serious-dwight-schrute-642642_1920_1080.jpg

Coogs
05-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I just went to the Missouri high school activities association web site. Last year at Missouri's state track meet, they had 7 guys run under 11.0. Seven.

Kansas had six under 11.0 at state last year.

Hootie
05-20-2015, 06:29 PM
so let's see

how many kids are in high school in Kansas?

how many CP members do we have?

extrapolate

yep

I'd say there is less than 0.5 people on this board that have ever ran a 4.5 40

Mr. Kotter
05-20-2015, 06:36 PM
I've liked this pick since they selected him...I think he's that lower round draft-pick that becomes a stalwart...due to ambition, work-ethic, and coaching him up. Guess we will see.