PDA

View Full Version : Football Top 5 NFL Teams Players Don’t Want to Play For

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Top 5 NFL Teams Players Don’t Want to Play For
Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/

Considering the competing factors that affect any sort of decision about where professional athletes would prefer to play throughout their given sport, the first measurables usually lean toward things like state tax, the local weather, and the local advantages of being famous in a given area — all those play into the ‘big market advantage’ that free agents are often said to be weighing their options against. While the NFL is spared a lot of that discussion, since player movement is so stunted, especially among stars, it doesn’t mean that those sorts of considerations don’t hold some weight.

It is also true, though, that players typically don’t want to play for bad teams, and some of these teams, compiled from information from ESPN’s annual NFL poll, are certainly bad teams. Some of them, though, are not, and don’t seem like the fill-in answers to the statement, “The only way I’d play for ____ is if they doubled my salary.” That said, anonymity makes for free and easy responses, and the eighty-two players that answered incognito (although not Richie, we assume) let fly on which teams wouldn’t be able to woo them assuming equal salaries.

Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that this constitutes a small spectrum, or a representative sample, if you buy the findings, of the NFL populous, and that the respondents constitute roughly a team and a half’s worth of players. That’s something that should be noted. On the other hand, we’re not totally shocked.

5. Green Bay Packers — 6 Percent

Even after figuring that the cold weather and general nothingness that is Wisconsin has got to play into these votes, the Packers have got to be one of the more surprising teams on this list, since they haven’t had a losing season since 2008, although they just barely missed .500 in 2013, finishing with eight wins, seven losses, and a tie. They’ve also got the best fans in the NFL, so it’s not as if the Cheeseheads aren’t coming out and showing their love. Maybe the players who voted for Green Bay are lactose intolerant, or maybe they’ve been forced out on Lambeau in the middle of December and realized that they’d never want to do it more often than they absolutely have to.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars — 9 Percent

Surprisingly low ranking for the Jaguars, who haven’t been able to put together a winning season since George Bush was president — George W. Bush, that is. That’s just kind of a bummer, since they’ve got a swimming pool in their stadium now. Which begs the question: How awesome would it be if any overtime that happened at a Jacksonville home game had to happen in the pool? Come on, that would be awesome. You would watch. We would watch.

The Jags position on this list does illustrate one of the conundrums with being a bad team, even in a league that has such an emphasis on parity and has seen team after team turn it all around. How do you bring in the missing piece if the missing piece is convinced that your team kind of sucks and doesn’t want to play there? Let’s keep this question in mind.

3. Cleveland Browns — 16 Percent

We’d bet that Brian Hoyer was one of the guys who answered this question, right before he watched Johnny Manziel do something else that was hilarious and fun and another paragraph in the prelude to The Rise and Fall of Johnny Football, coming to a bookstore near you by the end of Week 7. Cleveland is kind of like Jacksonville without the swimming pool, but don’t take our word for it, take the word of someone who actually plays for them, “We are so dysfunctional. These billionaires need to pick somebody and stay with them. These aren’t girlfriends… you can’t dump them if they (fail to please you) one time.” The second tweet is here.

The ‘these’ our intrepid, and frustrated, player is referring to is a coach, as those quotes were obtained right after the Browns fired Rob Chudzinski. The Browns go through coaches, well, like professional athletes go through girlfriends, apparently.

2. Buffalo Bills — 19 Percent

Take the icy permafrost of Lambeau, take away the winning, and add in an impending fear of moving to Toronto, which is actually a really cool city, and you have the Buffalo Bills. Take away the winning might be a kind way to put it, actually, since the Bills have only been able to put together one positive season in the last thirteen years. It seems safe to conclude that when you’re most famous for losing consecutive Super Bowls, players might not have the most faith in your organization’s ability to be awesome.

1. Oakland Raiders — 23 Percent
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/Raiders-Fan-Robert-B.-Stanton-Getty-Images_zpsh4swqsfj.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/Raiders-Fan-Robert-B.-Stanton-Getty-Images_zpsh4swqsfj.jpg.html)

Skeletor is not having a good time. His team could leave for Los Angeles or San Antonio, they haven’t won since 2002, and they’re from the same school of thought as the Browns when it comes to coaching continuity. These are not happy days for the denizens of the Black Hole. When ESPN first reported the results of the poll, Oakland fullback Marcell Reese was not on board.

“Whoever said it, they’re telling a lie. They didn’t think about it. They thought about the one team that has the biggest stigma of negativity around them,” Reese said. “And it’s not really a negative thing because we don’t do bad things. We’re not the team that’s having the most arrests in the NFL, or the DUIs or the drug cases or throwing the big parties. But we just have that stigma around us.”

Another player, who plays for another team and was speaking anonymously, told ESPN that the assessment was correct, because “It’s true. They’ve got a bunch of players who got double their salary.” Zing.

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/5-nfl-teams-players-least-want-to-join-even-for-twice-the-pay.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3anpyCDgL

In58men
05-21-2015, 01:32 PM
So?

Demonpenz
05-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Kc is cheap to live in.

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 01:36 PM
So?

LMAO

You certainly are consistent and persistent if not incompetent and unintelligent.

The Franchise
05-21-2015, 01:38 PM
If you don't care too much about winning.....Oakland is where it's at. You'll get a huge contract and be back out in FA in a couple of years after they sign a new head coach and he cuts you.

In58men
05-21-2015, 02:05 PM
LMAO

You certainly are consistent and persistent if not incompetent and unintelligent.

Whatever makes you feel better about our Chiefs. Far as I'm concerned the Raiders are quietly putting together a talented team. The town is just shitty.

BigRichard
05-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Tom Cable was the last coach, since Gruden, they had that was mildly competent and they fired him. Morons

Dunerdr
05-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Green Bay? Really? I mean fuck Wisconsin sucks but ha out winning on a consistent competitive team? I guess it's more about the money but still you only have to live there during the season.

Iconic
05-21-2015, 02:34 PM
I bet if Todd Haley was still here we would have made this list.

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Whatever makes you feel better about our Chiefs. Far as I'm concerned the Raiders are quietly putting together a talented team. The town is just shitty.

It can't be maintained when you're paying the players you upgraded the team with twice what they're worth.

RealSNR
05-21-2015, 02:44 PM
People are fucking pussies about cold weather. Good god.

Play with a franchise QB with a puncher's chance at a Super Bowl every goddamn year. Yeah that would really suck a lot of dick to have to play there.

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 02:47 PM
People are ****ing pussies about cold weather. Good god.

Play with a franchise QB with a puncher's chance at a Super Bowl every goddamn year. Yeah that would really suck a lot of dick to have to play there.

I was shocked to see them on there.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-21-2015, 02:55 PM
I kept scrolling slowly expecting to see KC and was happier than I should've been when I didn't.

Predarat
05-21-2015, 03:00 PM
I wonder who Number 6 is?

DaneMcCloud
05-21-2015, 03:02 PM
People are fucking pussies about cold weather. Good god.

It further illustrates that most guys don't play for the "love of the game", they play because they can.

At the end of the day, it's all about the dough.

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 03:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11344716
<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:11344716&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

PunkinDrublic
05-21-2015, 03:40 PM
It further illustrates that most guys don't play for the "love of the game", they play because they can.

Can't say that I blame them though. You spend a good part of your life playing a sport where you run the risk of permanently injuring yourself and you only get a small window of opportunity to get a check that could have you financially set for life.

ModSocks
05-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Seems like this report comes out every year, and every year is features GB, Buf and Oak.

Mav
05-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Green Bay? Really? I mean fuck Wisconsin sucks but ha out winning on a consistent competitive team? I guess it's more about the money but still you only have to live there during the season.

What would you know of living in Wisconsin?

temper11
05-21-2015, 04:03 PM
Seems like this report comes out every year, and every year is features GB, Buf and Oak.

my first thought always, when seeing your avatar, is a guy playing a mean air guitar solo... and then I remember, oh yeah right. :)

-King-
05-21-2015, 04:25 PM

I'm sure there are places you wouldn't consider relocating to for a job. Why is it any different for NFL players?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Well considering we have raider fans here who won't even go see their team play...

ModSocks
05-21-2015, 04:39 PM
my first thought always, when seeing your avatar, is a guy playing a mean air guitar solo... and then I remember, oh yeah right. :)

Haha.

The source of my Avatar

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D2srovkhf0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990
05-21-2015, 04:40 PM
These guys are just like most young guys.

Would you want a job in Buffalo, Green Bay, Oakland....

Or Miami, LA, or New York????

KCUnited
05-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Black dudes from the south not wanting to play in Green Bay, shocking.

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2015, 04:52 PM
GB is # 5, because the populous there is over 90% white, and when they see a black person they automatically assume that they are football player for the Packers, or related to one. The players/ family members are alienated up there because of that.

GloucesterChief
05-21-2015, 04:53 PM
These guys are just like most young guys.

Would you want a job in Buffalo, Green Bay, Oakland....

Or Miami, LA, or New York????

No to: Buffalo, Oakland, LA, New York. Cost of living and taxes are through the roof.

Coochie liquor
05-21-2015, 04:54 PM
I kept scrolling slowly expecting to see KC and was happier than I should've been when I didn't.

Exactly this!!

Rain Man
05-21-2015, 05:17 PM

I was exactly the same way. Now I just worry that it was a close call.

As for me, the five teams that I would least want to play for would be:

5. Rams. St. Louis? Please. But they have kind of nice helmets.
4. Texans. They're like the Oilers' zombie, and you'd have to live in Houston.
3. Redskins. I'd have to live in DC and they're an NFC team and they overrate a lot of average players in their history. Yuck.
2. Broncos. Everything about them is terrible except the fact that I could live in Colorado. But even with that, they're almost #1 just because I'd have to look at Elway's pugugly face every day.
1. Raiders. The Broncos cheat and have Elway, but man, the Raiders are just low class and I'd probably have a commute.

GloucesterChief
05-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Houston:Texas has no income tax so playing 8 games there a year means more money. Plus cost of living is much lower then say NYC or LA.
DC: Redskins players don't live in DC. They live in Loudoun county on the VA side. Lower taxes, cheaper cost of living though still expensive compared to national average. and very close to their practice facility.

Mr. Laz
05-21-2015, 05:37 PM
How ****ing bad do the Jags have to be to make that list?

Great weather, low tax,

beach tribe
05-21-2015, 05:42 PM
Haha.

The source of my Avatar

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D2srovkhf0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

2 things:

I have always wondered what your av was.
I never would have guessed that it was Ron Swanson.

GloucesterChief
05-21-2015, 05:46 PM
How ****ing bad do the Jags have to be to make that list?

Great weather, low tax,

I would rather go to the Jags then say the Jets.

High taxes, crap weather, dumb media/fans, and really high cost of living.

DaneMcCloud
05-21-2015, 05:47 PM
There is absolutely ZERO chance the Bills move to Toronto now that Pegula owns the team.

And someone need to tell this author that not only did Jerry Hughes re-sign but Charles Clay signed an offer sheet that Miami refused to match.

DaneMcCloud
05-21-2015, 05:49 PM
I would rather go to the Jags then say the Jets.

High taxes, crap weather, dumb media/fans, and really high cost of living.

Greatest city in the world, one of the media capitals, ethnic diversity, amazing restaurants and a rabid fan base.

Yeah, that sounds really awful.

GloucesterChief
05-21-2015, 05:54 PM
Greatest city in the world, one of the media capitals, ethnic diversity, amazing restaurants and a rabid fan base.

Yeah, that sounds really awful.

If you are all about making money it is. High taxes in New York and New Jersey. High cost of living. Weather is crappy. Media will try and destroy you. The most annoying accents on the face of the Earth.

Amazing restaurants and ethnic diversity can be found in any major city. As for media market. Who is the last superstar with major endorsements the Jets have produced?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-21-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm surprised that GB made the list, but not MIN.

Of course, I'd rather kick my own ass than live in either.

DaneMcCloud
05-21-2015, 06:14 PM
If you are all about making money it is. High taxes in New York and New Jersey. High cost of living. Weather is crappy. Media will try and destroy you. The most annoying accents on the face of the Earth.

Amazing restaurants and ethnic diversity can be found in any major city. As for media market. Who is the last superstar with major endorsements the Jets have produced?

You must be joking.

Chief Roundup
05-21-2015, 06:43 PM
This is at least the second time this has been posted, if not the third.
When or is the search function getting fixed?

CoMoChief
05-21-2015, 06:43 PM
If football was played in the summer everyone would wanna play in GB....GB is located in some pretty countryside. My Oneida indian tribes reservation is located there.

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2015, 06:46 PM
If football was played in the summer everyone would wanna play in GB....GB is located in some pretty countryside. My Oneida indian tribes reservation is located there.

Dude, it's overcast during the summer and the landscape is very average outside of Lake Michigan.

Dunerdr
05-21-2015, 08:08 PM
What would you know of living in Wisconsin?

I've visited a good friend a few times who grew up in GB now lives outside of it. He bitches all the time. That's all I really know. But I'd assume it's got a city life like any other city.

Mav
05-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Dude, it's overcast during the summer and the landscape is very average outside of Lake Michigan.

Lol. This ain't Seattle.

Mav
05-21-2015, 08:34 PM
I've visited a good friend a few times who grew up in GB now lives outside of it. He bitches all the time. That's all I really know. But I'd assume it's got a city life like any other city.

Every one who lives here bitches, but most love it. I'm not a fan of the winters but the summers are amazing.

RealSNR
05-22-2015, 12:35 AM

Do you ever post anything that's NOT shit you make up?

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2015, 01:02 AM
Do you ever post anything that's NOT shit you make up?

Dude, I lived there and have family there. So yeah I know, met Ray Nitschke and walked Lambeau field because a family friend use to play for GB under Curly Lambeau.

RealSNR
05-22-2015, 01:06 AM
Dude, I lived there and have family there. So yeah I know, met Ray Nitschke and walked Lambeau field because a family friend use to play for GB under Curly Lambeau.

Wisconsin has just as many overcast summer days as Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and basically the entire fucking midwest.

Tribal Warfare
05-22-2015, 01:08 AM
Wisconsin has just as many overcast summer days as Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and basically the entire fucking midwest.

bullshit in comparison to MO, it is fuckin drastic.