PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Are you a detective?

Stewie
05-23-2015, 02:28 PM
There seems to be several holes in the dog owners description of events. My first thought is that it's very oddly detailed when your dog was just killed.

Just wondering if this could happen as described. What say you?

$925 reward being offered to anyone that can give any information pertaining to the following devastating event that occurred yesterday in the Northland, KCMO:

"This is both heart breaking and infuriating! A man driving a silver, extended cab, F150 with tinted windows purposely hit and killed a dog. This occurred north of the river (5/21) around 7900 N. Broadway."

If you have any information, live in the area & know where a person with this vehicle resides or hear anyone discussing this incident that was involved, please email DogsbyDebin@gmail.com or call 816.298.9997. The call can be anonymous as well.

From owner, "I was standing there hollering for my dog, saw him slow down, not stop, run over my dog like a speed bump, drive by me while I was screaming at him, stop down the road a ways like he was going to say something to me but drove off."

Let's find this person! Drive the area. Keep your eyes open.

LoneWolf
05-23-2015, 02:35 PM
What do you consider oddly detailed about this information?

Why Not?
05-23-2015, 02:35 PM
No. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so......

Scorp
05-23-2015, 02:37 PM
I guess my first question would be why was the dog not on a leash? Sounds like a terrible owner putting the dog in harms way.

Brock
05-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Noting the make, model, and color of the truck seems strange to you?

Anyway, running over a dog isn't a crime.

Stewie
05-23-2015, 02:39 PM
What do you consider oddly detailed about this information?

Too much detail about the driver, truck model/type, windows and every move the driver made during the sequence, but no license plate info? I would think the first move would to help the dog.

Scorp
05-23-2015, 02:40 PM

Funny enough I grew up in a small town which has Black Squirrels. If a cop spotted you running over a Black Squirrel they ticketed you. :doh!:

Dante84
05-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Stewie =

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6qgREMBTE28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LoneWolf
05-23-2015, 02:43 PM

Intentionally running over a dog isn't a crime? I know accidentally running over a dog isn't a crime, but they are accusing this driver of purposely hitting the dog.

LoneWolf
05-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Too much detail about the driver, truck model/type, windows and every move the driver made during the sequence, but no license plate info? I would think the first move would to help the dog.

Noticing the make, model, and tinted windows isn't oddly detailed.

Stewie
05-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Noticing the make, model, and tinted windows isn't oddly detailed.

My point is that the truck and all its detail was noticed in detail. The truck stopped after the incident and the really observant person didn't make note of the license plate number?

LoneWolf
05-23-2015, 02:52 PM
My point is that the truck and all its detail was noticed in detail. The truck stopped after the incident and the really observant person didn't make note of the license plate number?

How far away from a license plate can you read the number? Story says the driver drove down the road a ways before stopping. Your reading comprehension sucks.

Rain Man
05-23-2015, 02:55 PM
I hope they catch the guy and driver and run over him.

Scorp
05-23-2015, 02:56 PM
It probably said K9KILLR

Scorp
05-23-2015, 02:56 PM
I hope they catch the guy and driver and run over him.

That would be MURDER!

Stewie
05-23-2015, 03:00 PM
How far away from a license plate can you read the number? Story says the driver drove down the road a ways before stopping. Your reading comprehension sucks.

I assume the person has good eyesight since they could definitely determine it was a man driving. Missouri plates are easily read from 100 feet.

Halfcan
05-23-2015, 03:02 PM
A man driving a silver, extended cab, F150 with tinted windows.

Awesome description-shouldn't be too many of these out there.

This weekend-I will yank every guy out of his truck fitting this description and beat them with a tire iron screaming "Dog Killer!" Eventually I will get the guy.

Brock
05-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Intentionally running over a dog isn't a crime? I know accidentally running over a dog isn't a crime, but they are accusing this driver of purposely hitting the dog.

How would you prove that? It may possibly be cruelty to animals, but it seems to me "I didn't see the dog" pretty much closes the book on the investigation. The guy seems to have thought about stopping, but if you have some hysterical woman screaming at you discretion may be the better part of valor.

In58men
They better catch him dog-gone-it

Rain Man
That would be MURDER!

I'm envisioning one of those Skidmore scenarios where no one sees anything.

Rain Man
05-23-2015, 03:04 PM

This weekend-I will yank every guy out of his truck fitting this description and beat them with a tire iron screaming "Dog Killer!" Eventually I will get the guy.

If Michael Vick is in the area, he'd better hope he's not driving a silver truck.

LoneWolf
05-23-2015, 03:04 PM

But according to Stewie this is an oddly detailed description of the dog killer. With such astonishing detail, they should find this guy by sundown.

Stewie
05-23-2015, 03:06 PM
They better catch him dog-gone-it

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/u5EnJBR4ST0/hqdefault.jpg

Scorp
05-23-2015, 03:06 PM
I am sure the guy felt bad which is why he stopped for a second. Women are typically hysterical in crisis situations and make shit up in their head. This is why we haven't had a woman president to date.

LoneWolf
05-23-2015, 03:08 PM
How would you prove that? It may possibly be cruelty to animals, but it seems to me "I didn't see the dog" pretty much closes the book on the investigation. The guy seems to have thought about stopping, but if you have some hysterical woman screaming at you discretion may be the better part of valor.

I agree. I was just pointing out that IF the story is true and this was an intentional act, that it would definitely be illegal. It would be almost impossible to prove, however.

Stewie
05-23-2015, 03:15 PM
But according to Stewie this is an oddly detailed description of the dog killer. With such astonishing detail, they should find this guy by sundown.

The astonishment is in the detailed sequence when your dog was just killed.

The person has a play-by-play from beginning to end that can determine man/woman through tinted windows. They knew the driver slowed down while screaming at the dog and knew it was purposely run over. All makes perfect sense.

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Stewie, canine death makes me melancollie, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Let me give you a pointer: You can't hound everyone here just because they don't agree with your assessment.

In58men
05-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Stewie, canine death makes me melancollie, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Let me give you a pointer: You can't hound everyone here just because they don't agree with your assessment.

I wouldn't mess with the driver. Just got word he's a great Boxer.

BigRock
05-23-2015, 03:36 PM

Leaving and not reporting it can be, though. Depending on local laws. But I think it's required in most states.

splatbass
05-23-2015, 03:52 PM

Doing it on purpose should be.

Donger
05-23-2015, 03:54 PM

Those are some bold puns.

splatbass
05-23-2015, 03:56 PM

It just takes a moment to notice it is a silver extended cab F150. What exactly is astonishing about that?

As far as the license plate, I have a terrible memory for things like that, if I couldn't write it down I would never remember it - especially in a time of stress. I don't see the issue here.

Maybe he slowed down to avoid it but couldn't, maybe he hit it in purpose. Who knows? But the "detail" is not astonishing at all. You can't recognize an F150 in a spit second? I would guess most people can. It is the biggest selling truck in the US. Did you just crawl out of a cave or something?

In58men
05-23-2015, 04:04 PM
Those are some bold puns.

http://youtu.be/wnedkVrgFF0

lewdog
05-23-2015, 04:07 PM
No I'm not but thanks for asking.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-23-2015, 04:32 PM
I don't know what the deal is. I ALWAYS slow down before running over a dog. One time I got two at once.

Now a goose or a swan I don't slow down and I've hit both. The faster you go the bigger the poof of feathers it makes. Pretty cool !

stevieray
05-23-2015, 04:47 PM
No, but I play one on TV.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-23-2015, 04:52 PM
No, but I play one on TV.

Wut ?

listopencil
05-23-2015, 04:55 PM

I saw a dog run over in somewhat similar fashion in 1988. The situations were not identical, and it wasn't my dog, but I can still clearly see the sequence of events in my mind. I can recall too much detail in fact.

Brock
05-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Doing it on purpose should be.

It probably is, but the person to blame for a dog being run over is the owner.

Jerok
05-23-2015, 05:35 PM
What was the dog doing in the road? Did the guy aim for it? Isn't it supposed to be on a leash to avoid situations like this?

Iowanian
05-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Keep your dog in your house, behind a fence or on a leash and it's not an issue.

Owner was probably violating some law there.

No way to prove it was "on purpose".

Probably left because the owner reacted like a spaz and didn't want a confrontation over a dog

aturnis
05-24-2015, 01:57 AM
You don't by chance drive a silver, extended cab, F150 with tinted windows do you?

Your concern seems quite odd.

NONE of this is "oddly detailed". I can give ALL of that information at a glance. It takes angle, proximity and presence of mind and memory to get a license plate number. That's just if it's daytime.

aturnis
05-24-2015, 02:01 AM

The person has a play-by-play from beginning to end that can determine man/woman through tinted windows. They knew the driver slowed down while screaming at the dog and knew it was purposely run over. All makes perfect sense.
Nobody said he didn't have his window down.

aturnis
05-24-2015, 02:03 AM
I saw a dog run over in somewhat similar fashion in 1988. The situations were not identical, and it wasn't my dog, but I can still clearly see the sequence of events in my mind. I can recall too much detail in fact.
License plate number?

aturnis
05-24-2015, 02:08 AM
Keep your dog in your house, behind a fence or on a leash and it's not an issue.

Owner was probably violating some law there.

No way to prove it was "on purpose".

Probably left because the owner reacted like a spaz and didn't want a confrontation over a dog
I agree with all the responsibility points, but there are instances where the dog could be in the street at no fault of the owner.

Dog could have bolted from being a door, a fence if hurdle or the gate was opened for entry exit. Dog on leash saw a cat etc and pulled away. Or the guy could have had young children who are too young to understand and let the dog out. Lots of dogs are amazing escape artists as well.

That said, the owner could have just as easily fucked up.

BWillie
05-24-2015, 03:15 AM
In almost all cases you have a valid suit or homeowners claim against the owner of the dog. The motorist has the right of way. I dont know why this is so hard for people. Contrary to popular belief most of the time pedestrians dont have the right of way either.

On purpose my ass. Dog owner is just an emotional loon at the moment, theyll say and believe just about anything, and start to believe what they say in these instances.

Jim Lahey
05-24-2015, 04:01 AM
Pros: There's a potential in replacing Eric Fisher at LT in 3 years when Dorsey lets him walk. The money will be nice.
Cons: the bitch is fat. Poor Diet. Lack of work ethic. Might like Alex Smith. Eventually becomes a CP mod and bans Inmem from starting threads.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-24-2015, 07:01 AM
Pros: There's a potential in replacing Eric Fisher at LT in 3 years when Dorsey lets him walk. The money will be nice.
Cons: the bitch is fat. Poor Diet. Lack of work ethic. Might like Alex Smith. Eventually becomes a CP mod and bans Inmem from starting threads.

:LOL:

Wrong thread dumbass !

58-4ever
05-24-2015, 08:23 AM
It probably said K9KILLR

Unless he was a black dude... Then it's K9KILLA

rockymtnchief
05-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I don't know what the deal is. I ALWAYS slow down before running over a dog. One time I got two at once.

Now a goose or a swan I don't slow down and I've hit both. The faster you go the bigger the poof of feathers it makes. Pretty cool !

I hit a golden eagle at 75 mph. That was quite a show!

BTW...I actually drive a silver F-150 extended cab with tinted windowa.

BullJunkandIron
05-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Today her dog gets run over, tomorrow her kid playing in the street gets abducted. Lady get your head out of your ass and start being responsible for shit that can't look out for its self.

Rain Man
05-24-2015, 09:23 AM
I hit a golden eagle at 75 mph. That was quite a show!

BTW...I actually drive a silver F-150 extended cab with tinted windowa.

Wanna split $925?