PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink 15 Restaurants In Missouri That Will Blow The Taste Buds Out Of Your Mouth

Stewie
05-28-2015, 12:10 PM
I've only been to a couple of these places.

I'm just attaching the link (at least it's not a slideshow) but it has a description and picture from each restaurant.

I don't think they are rated in any order.

http://www.movoto.com/mo/missouri-restaurants/

Reerun_KC
05-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Pizza by Stout in Joplin was amazing... They decided not to rebuild after the Nader...

KCUnited
05-28-2015, 12:21 PM
I'll vouch for Johnny Jo's. KC's best pizza.

Demonpenz
05-28-2015, 12:39 PM
They really have to be kind to find good eats outside of k.c.

Bufkin
05-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Mud House in Springfield sucks, not sure how that made the list. It's infested by hookah smoking hipsters, and the coffee is shit anyways.

Predarat
05-28-2015, 01:34 PM
This is a sham since Lamberts is not on there twice.

Reaper16
05-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Justus Drugstore is easily the best restaurant on that list.

tooge
05-28-2015, 02:17 PM
I've been to 4 of them.
Justus Drugstore: Very good. Plan on a two and a half hour meal. They bring small bites as you wait. Great drinks too.

Vietnam Cafe: I eat there about twice a month. Never had anything that wasn't great. The fried quail appetizer is fantastic.

Beer Kitchen: Aside from being over run by hipsters, the beer selection is great, and the food is amazing. Lobster Risotto, brussel sprouts, beef tips, hell, its all good.

Bryants: Nuf said

seaofred
05-28-2015, 02:30 PM
So, they only listed restaurants in the 4 largest metro areas... Did they go anywhere else? I've been to a few of those places and could easily name a few places better, but they are in smaller area's.

Titty Meat
05-28-2015, 02:49 PM
I've been to 4 of them.
Justus Drugstore: Very good. Plan on a two and a half hour meal. They bring small bites as you wait. Great drinks too.

Vietnam Cafe: I eat there about twice a month. Never had anything that wasn't great. The fried quail appetizer is fantastic.

Beer Kitchen: Aside from being over run by hipsters, the beer selection is great, and the food is amazing. Lobster Risotto, brussel sprouts, beef tips, hell, its all good.

Bryants: Nuf said

The Creole chicken sandwich at beer kitchen is amazing

Deberg_1990
05-28-2015, 03:04 PM
They really have to be kind to find good eats outside of k.c.

St. Joe recommendations?

Scorp
05-28-2015, 03:18 PM
St. Joe recommendations?

Don't that is my recommendation. :shake:

Marcellus
05-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Pizza by Stout in Joplin was amazing... They decided not to rebuild after the Nader...

They just reopened as King Pizza (original name) on 31st and Main. New ownership but I heard it taste exactly the same.

Rain Man
05-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Not a single Rolla restaurant on the list? That's ... well, okay, that's probably correct.

Mojo Jojo
05-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Justus is great.
Bryant's is usually a love or hate thing for people but you must do it for the history.
Beer Kitchen really good and a great place to go with friends.
Big Biscuit sometimes you just need breakfast food overload.
Vietnam Cafe OK, but I've had better Pho.
Q39 really good food but overpriced and has an attitude.

Bob Dole
05-28-2015, 03:58 PM
They just reopened as King Pizza (original name) on 31st and Main. New ownership but I heard it taste exactly the same.

Square pie, sweet crust?

Reaper16
05-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Justus is great.
Bryant's is usually a love or hate thing for people but you must do it for the history.

I pretty much agree with this rundown to the letter.

MTG#10
05-28-2015, 04:33 PM
They're still fairly new so obviously wont be making any lists for awhile, but we finally have amazing BBQ in Springfield. City Butcher on S Campbell has the best brisket Ive ever had. And that includes anywhere in KC.

TribalElder
05-28-2015, 04:51 PM
No charleys buffet

Fuck that list lol

WhawhaWhat
05-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Beer Kitchen doesn't get mentioned enough for how good their food is.

Saulbadguy
05-28-2015, 08:38 PM
No love for the American in Crown Center.

NWTF
05-28-2015, 08:56 PM
This is a sham since Lamberts is not on there twice.

Nice setting/atmosphere food is just ok though. Its more of a gimmicky place than an actual great food restaurant.

Sort of like a Cracker Barrel, but not as good food wise. But if Big Biscuit and Arthur Bryants can make the list I suppose Lamberts could qualify.

TimBone
05-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Could they have chosen a worde picture for Arthur Bryants? "Great BBQ, let's show a plate full of fries!"

That Johnny Jo's pizza looks bomb.

Clay, wasn't one of your Gay Days at The Big Biscuit? Not sure why I thought it was a franchise. Also, you should have gotten that pancake.

Q39 has risen to the top fairly quickly, huh?

CoMoChief
05-28-2015, 09:02 PM
i miss Flatbranch in Columbia

CoMoChief
05-28-2015, 09:03 PM
I'll vouch for Johnny Jo's. KC's best pizza.

Bronx, and Tim's are better

Hammock Parties
05-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Went to Pig and Finch today. Had the espresso rubbed pork shoulder.

HOLY FUCK.

Mind blowing place. Also their tomato soup and roast chicken salad is really good.

Hammock Parties
05-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Big Biscuit's a piece of shit, by the way.

suzzer99
05-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Do these even look tasty to anyone?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/citybuzz/2015/02/mo-food/15-Missouri-Restaurants-6.jpg

They look like the ribs you buy prepackaged at the supermarket. I'm sure they're better than that but bleh. I mean they shouldn't be so hard that they're standing straight at attention like that.

NewChief
05-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Mud House in Springfield sucks, not sure how that made the list. It's infested by hookah smoking hipsters, and the coffee is shit anyways.

Not arguing with your review of the food... but do hipsters actually smoke hookahs in your world? In my world, it's douchey freaking idiots one step above juggalo in the class structure of society that smoke hookah.

TimBone
05-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Not arguing with your review of the food... but do hipsters actually smoke hookahs in your world? In my world, it's douchey freaking idiots one step above juggalo in the class structure of society that smoke hookah.
It's becoming trendy.

salame
05-28-2015, 10:49 PM
no strouds?

NewChief
05-28-2015, 10:49 PM
It's becoming trendy.

I guess it was trendy like 10 years ago here with a bunch of lameass hookah bars springing up. It basically appealed to the 16-20 year olds who couldn't get into clubs to drink alcohol, so they'd go to a hookah lounge to socialize instead of to a bar or club.

Then it just went downhill and became a sort of lameass place that ravers who wear affliction shirts and do rags and are embarassingly out of place at EDM shows, even though they listen to the shit out of EDM hang out.

salame
05-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Justus is great.

Where in KC have you had better Pho? I'd like to try a different spot than Vietnam Cafe' occasionally

suzzer99
05-28-2015, 10:53 PM
I've been around and tried hookahs twice recently and I don't get it. Unless in some culture where you aren't allowed to drink and this is the most fun thing you can get your hands on - then I get it.

Mojo Jojo
05-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Where in KC have you had better Pho? I'd like to try a different spot than Vietnam Cafe' occasionally
I really like iPhotower on Broadway. Also has really good bahn mi.

|Zach|
05-29-2015, 02:00 AM
I really like iPhotower on Broadway. Also has really good bahn mi.

Enjoy both V-Cafe and iPhotower as well though I like Vietnamese places I have never really been into pho.

|Zach|
05-29-2015, 02:12 AM
Bronx, and Tim's are better

Eh, I disagree though Tim's has good pizza.

I don't really understand the Bronx or people that go to Bronx. They have some of the better sandwiches in the city but people always talk about their pizza which I find unremarkable.

|Zach|
05-29-2015, 02:13 AM
Place that deserves praise despite of its location.

Cleaver and Cork in Power and Light. Eric Wiley helped open that its really strong in the space Makers Mark used to be.

Marcellus
05-29-2015, 06:38 AM
Square pie, sweet crust?

Exact same pizza as Stout's from what I have been told. I guess I better go do some research.

Rukdafaidas
05-29-2015, 06:59 AM
Exact same pizza as Stout's from what I have been told. I guess I better go do some research.
Very similar. I sold groceries to Stouts for several years. The owners of Stouts originally opened in Joplin on 20th Street as a Kings Pizza. They bought the franchise rights and recipes from the Kings Pizza in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
When they moved to their location on Rangeline, they changed their name to Pizza by Stout.
The guy that recently opened the new Kings Pizza on Main Street went to the original Kings Pizza in Fayetteville and bought their recipes. I doubt they use exactly the same ingredients, but I've heard it's very close.

Reerun_KC
05-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Very similar. I sold groceries to Stouts for several years. The owners of Stouts originally opened in Joplin on 20th Street as a Kings Pizza. They bought the franchise rights and recipes from the Kings Pizza in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
When they moved to their location on Rangeline, they changed their name to Pizza by Stout.
The guy that recently opened the new Kings Pizza on Main Street went to the original Kings Pizza in Fayetteville and bought their recipes. I doubt they use exactly the same ingredients, but I've heard it's very close.

This has my interest... I was just telling the wife last night that I sure would love to have an apple pizza. Pizza by Stout was our first date and favorite date place as teenagers... 24 years later we always loved to swing in to Pizza by stout to eat pizza...

Gonna check out Kings Pizza when we are back in SE KS...

Rams Fan
05-29-2015, 07:23 AM
Pappy's deserves all the love it gets. However, Sauce on the Side doesn't belong in the same tier, IMO.

NewChief
05-29-2015, 07:29 AM

Interestingly, that King's Pizza in Fayetteville is also a "new" Kings Pizza that recently reopened under the name Ye Olde King Pizza.

Our owner Jeff Sherwood's father started King Pizza back in the 1970's. King Pizza soon became a Fayetteville tradition with locations on Dickson Street, Leverett, and College to name a few, as well as neighboring cities such as Springdale.

Although the Sherwoods sold the franchise in the 1980's, King Pizza would triumphantly return to Fayetteville 20 years later. Today Jeff's wife, Regina (whom he met when she was a waitress at King Pizza in college), and their two sons have created their own modern version,Ye Olde King Pizza.

We use the exact same recipes that the popular King Pizza chain used, one that's been in the Sherwood family for decades. So, when we say it's a family business, we really mean it.

Rukdafaidas
05-29-2015, 07:37 AM
Interestingly, that King's Pizza in Fayetteville is also a "new" Kings Pizza that recently reopened under the name Ye Olde King Pizza.
Yeah, that's the name the one in Joplin is using as well.

gblowfish
05-29-2015, 08:52 AM
I know Clay has a grudge against the Big Biscuit. The one in Independence makes awesome breakfast. Haven't been to Q39 yet. I've also heard it's overpriced and takes a long time to get served. For off the beaten path food, I'd nominate Glenn's Cafe in Boonville.

Hammock Parties
05-29-2015, 09:10 AM
I know Clay has a grudge against the Big Biscuit. The one in Independence makes awesome breakfast.

You only think that because you don't know shit about breakfast. You also probably think Hi-Boy is a great burger.

I'm sure the gravy at the one in Methdependence comes out of the same box as the one in Prarie Village.

Hammock Parties
05-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Here's a picture of what passes for scrambled eggs at the big biscuit in Methdependence. Really fucking sad, bro.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-big-biscuit-independence?select=pN9pg8Bb_mtPPSaWhG3VOQ#p8XcUa872ZbAnXLrQzgasw

http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/p8XcUa872ZbAnXLrQzgasw/l.jpg

Hammock Parties
05-29-2015, 09:15 AM
And here's that pitiful, runny, shit gravy. Same box as the one in Prarie Village. Pathetic.

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/nbFbKRyF1NjOCppAX2Wn7Q/l.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
05-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Those eggs look like they came from Mickey Ds.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-29-2015, 09:17 AM
How's the Biscuit?

srvy
05-29-2015, 09:19 AM
I know Clay has a grudge against the Big Biscuit. The one in Independence makes awesome breakfast. Haven't been to Q39 yet. I've also heard it's overpriced and takes a long time to get served. For off the beaten path food, I'd nominate Glenn's Cafe in Boonville.

Yeah a lot of these places are good at certain location. Normally the original is the one to go. The Big Biscuit I ate at was on 40 hwy near the old Stephensons and it was incredible. Same with Smokehouse BBQ the only one worth a poop is the original in Gladstone on N.Oak. Casconi's failed everywhere but the Original on N.Oak that remains wonderful. Sometimes you got to drive more than a few blocks for your lil bit of heaven.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-29-2015, 09:22 AM
And here's that pitiful, runny, shit gravy. Same box as the one in Prarie Village. Pathetic.

http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/nbFbKRyF1NjOCppAX2Wn7Q/l.jpg

What a poverty meal

Hammock Parties
05-29-2015, 09:26 AM
You want good biscuits and gravy?

Go to the Classic Cookie in Waldo.

And their potatoes don't look plastic, either.

http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/WpyyzTFplYkWeIOA6SFnIQ/l.jpg

srvy
05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Looks like scrambled eggs to me. The probably whip them up in a big mixer. Go to a grill for scrambled. Hayes, Town Topic or even waffle house hahahaha. Those scrambled eggs look same as I have seen at first watch or corner cafe. I never get scrambled unless in a omelet. Very rarely get B&G out either can make it at home that I like better. I will say burger king used to have pretty good B&G for something quik. Dont know if they serve it now been so long.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-29-2015, 10:12 AM
I just made some awesome scrambled eggs and they sure as hell looked nothing like that ROFL I do remember really liking the BK B and G in a pinch however it's been a long time. All you can eat....and Shit too heh

Pablo
05-29-2015, 10:14 AM
I've been to the Big Biscuit on Barry Road a few times. It's cheap, average-ish to good breakfast. Nothing mind blowing, but still passable. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed after hearing about how it was this amazing place.

My wife loves to go out for breakfast. It's just a waste of time and money for me. I'd rather eat a bowl of cereal and save the twenty five bucks for a real meal instead of eating shitty eggs no matter how/where they're prepared and toast.

Pablo
05-29-2015, 10:15 AM
"Let's get up really early and go sit with a bunch of families and old people and eat some shit breakfast on Saturday morning after you've drank your face off Friday night!!!"

Pasta Little Brioni
05-29-2015, 10:18 AM
"Let's get up really early and go sit with a bunch of families and old people and eat some shit breakfast on Saturday morning after you've drank your face off Friday night!!!"

Feel the same ROFL Nothing gets an ugh outta me quicker than when the gf goes "LET'S GO OUT AND GET BREAKFAST!". When I could whip up better for cheaper in minutes.

philfree
05-29-2015, 10:21 AM
I've never been to the Mudhouse but I try and avoid going downtown in Springfield because there's just to many weirdos. I'm pretty close to the Tortilleria Perches and never been there either. I guess I should probably give it a try.

Pablo
05-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Feel the same ROFL Nothing gets an ugh outta me quicker than when the gf goes "LET'S GO OUT AND GET BREAKFAST!". When I could whip up better for cheaper in minutes.I fight it off most of the time. She knows I have an irrational hatred for breakfast. Just don't eat anything until noon and go to fucking lunch. I'll get something delicious I want and I won't be dropping $15 a person on fucking eggs, toast and some stupid french toast.

stevieray
05-29-2015, 10:25 AM
There are no shortages of awesome places to eat in this state.

...have you seen the women?

philfree
If you want good gravy just use Fax's recipe he posted on Chiefs Planet many years ago. I use it and it's as good as any gravy you'll get anywhere.
Well good gravy!

Pasta Little Brioni
I fight it off most of the time. She knows I have an irrational hatred for breakfast. Just don't eat anything until noon and go to fucking lunch. I'll get something delicious I want and I won't be dropping $15 a person on fucking eggs, toast and some stupid french toast.

90 percent of the time I am good with a whey shake. Would rather load up on other, better meals. Love making the occasional bacon and eggs however. Paying a 20 spot for someone else to do it....no thanks.

DiaperBoy27
05-29-2015, 10:33 AM
My wife loves to go out for breakfast. It's just a waste of time and money for me. I'd rather eat a bowl of cereal and save the twenty five bucks for a real meal instead of eating shitty eggs no matter how/where they're prepared and toast.

Same here. I can stand it once and a while but why do we have to get breakfast every damn weekend? Its a waste of what could be a delicious and satisfying meal.

I'm getting a pretty good list of brunch places that actually have lunch items on the menu. 95% of "brunches" are all breakfast food...and a burger.

srvy
05-29-2015, 10:38 AM

You have a problem with old people? With any luck you are gonna be a old person also.

Pablo
05-29-2015, 10:42 AM
You have a problem with old people? With any luck you are gonna be a old person also.No, I'm going to blow my heart up with cocaine from all the money I've saved from not going to breakfast ever again by the time I'm 35.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-29-2015, 10:42 AM
You have a problem with old people? With any luck you are gonna be a old person also.

You will drink your coffee at McDonald's every morning and enjoy every second of it!!!

srvy
05-29-2015, 10:47 AM
There are no shortages of awesome places to eat in this state.

...have you seen the women?

:LOL:

Thats why I married a Filipino gal. Just feed her fish heads and rice she is a happy camper. If you think im joking I am not she can cook fine Filipino dishes but her comfort food is not that. She finnished her breakfast and it was tripe in a creamy like gravy scallions and some things I dont even know. Ate like a horse 2 bowls and a cup of jasmine rice. Stinks like hell and I wont eat it neither will the kids. I had toast and coffee.

srvy
05-29-2015, 10:50 AM
You will drink your coffee at McDonald's every morning and enjoy every second of it!!!

When I work out town sure. And those folk are thick as flies and pretty kewl to watch and listen to. When I am home I rarly eat breakfast out because Id rather be home.

srvy
05-29-2015, 10:53 AM
No, I'm going to blow my heart up with cocaine from all the money I've saved from not going to breakfast ever again by the time I'm 35.

Take your wife to Corner Cafe its better than Big Biscuit. Or make a trip to Claycomo and hit up Ma and Pa's good breakfast and it wont be near 15 bucks.

srvy
05-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Oh if you dont mind the old folks Hyvee breakfast is nothing to sneeze at.

Pablo
05-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Take your wife to Corner Cafe its better than Big Biscuit. Or make a trip to Claycomo and hit up Ma and Pa's good breakfast and it wont be near 15 bucks.I will give one of those a try the next time I'm guilted into breakfast.

srvy
05-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Justus is great.

I have never been to Justus in Smithville its now on my list. I sounds like the place on the square in Liberty Hardware Cafe and was very good. Wonder if its same folks.

Also If your up North Kate's Kitchen is pretty good restaurant. Highly recommend but its large crowds and open only for breakfast and lunch.

http://www.kateskitchenkc.com/index.php

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kates-kitchen-kansas-city

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/34/1420973/restaurant/Kansas-City-North/Kates-Kitchen-Kansas-City

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2015, 11:30 AM

I'd get bored, too.

Huevos Rancheros and Chilaquiles is where it's at for breakfast.

gblowfish
05-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Take your wife to Corner Cafe its better than Big Biscuit. Or make a trip to Claycomo and hit up Ma and Pa's good breakfast and it wont be near 15 bucks.

We have a Corner Cafe in Independence. It's good. I like their dinner and pie better.

Reaper16
05-29-2015, 11:51 AM
I have never been to Justus in Smithville its now on my list. I sounds like the place on the square in Liberty Hardware Cafe and was very good. Wonder if its same folks.

Completely different people. And completely different restaurants. Hardware Cafe was about good comfort food. Justus Drugstore is about contemporary fine dining, albeit celebrating the more rustic Midwestern table, and it's FAR pricier than Hardware Cafe was too.

BucEyedPea
05-29-2015, 11:54 AM
I'd like to keep the taste buds in my mouth. So I will pass on all of these.

srvy
05-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Completely different people. And completely different restaurants. Hardware Cafe was about good comfort food. Justus Drugstore is about contemporary fine dining, albeit celebrating the more rustic Midwestern table, and it's FAR pricier than Hardware Cafe was too.

ok gotcha.

NewChief
05-29-2015, 12:03 PM
I'd get bored, too.

Yeah. I love eating out for breakfast, but I rarely eat eggs, sausage, and biscuits whenever I'm hitting a breakfast place.

Mexican breakfast is probably my favorite, but I like different takes on eggs benedict as well, with one of my favorites probably being a place in Florida that has a crab cake benedict that is insanely good.

BucEyedPea
05-29-2015, 12:04 PM
I'd get bored, too.

Love Huevos Rancheros. Not hard to make at home.

Never heard of Chilaquiles. So looked it up. Very interesting and they're lighter than nachos.

BucEyedPea
05-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Yeah. I love eating out for breakfast, but I rarely eat eggs, sausage, and biscuits whenever I'm hitting a breakfast place.

Mexican breakfast is probably my favorite, but I like different takes on eggs benedict as well, with one of my favorites probably being a place in Florida that has a crab cake benedict that is insanely good.

Had that here too. Little French place near me has asparagus, spinach and all kinds of variations on it. Haven't been in a long time.

BucEyedPea
05-29-2015, 12:07 PM
There was a place here that used to have all kinds of different omelettes. One was called South Beach omelette. Since they no longer have them, as they were too pricey from what the owner told me, I've copied it. Goat cheese, roasted tomatoes, spinach and crumbled bacon. Was out of this world.

Mike in SW-MO
05-29-2015, 12:07 PM
I've never been to the Mudhouse but I try and avoid going downtown in Springfield because there's just to many weirdos. I'm pretty close to the Tortilleria Perches and never been there either. I guess I should probably give it a try.

Tortilleria is very good. Barbacoa. Yum.

Also Hip Pocket Pizza in Buffalo. Sour dough crust is very unique flavor.

NewChief
05-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Oh, and if you can find a place that does huevos motulenos properly, it's pretty amazing. Cafe Pasqual in Santa Fe, NM are pretty famous.

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2015, 01:31 PM

It's easy to make at home but it's fun to try it a restaurants. Much more than bacon and eggs, anyway.

Never heard of Chilaquiles. So looked it up. Very interesting and they're lighter than nachos.

I prefer the verde but the rojo can be good as well.

WhawhaWhat
05-29-2015, 01:40 PM

Breakfast nachos.

stevieray
05-29-2015, 01:44 PM
20 plus years ago, when I was a ski bum in bBreckenridge,we used to get spinach fratatas for breakfast...man they were soooo good.

El Loco Burrito in the Northland makes a really good breakfast burrito...chorizo and eggs...mmmmm.

Hammock Parties
05-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Just went to Andre's for lunch. 15 bucks for a ham, mushroom and cheese quiche, bread, beef barley soup, salad, choice of coffee or tea, and dessert. So amazingly good and such a great value. And a lot of hot girls go there. :D

50th and main. To die for. And their chocolate selection in the rest of the store is amazeballs.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-29-2015, 02:09 PM

Chilaquiles are the bomb

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10628546_10100242961740150_4572245600765957663_n.jpg?oh=6d9fb8129429013a97cbdf166e0e457a&oe=55F6BF5D

mikeyis4dcats.
05-29-2015, 02:10 PM
It's easy to make at home but it's fun to try it a restaurants. Much more than bacon and eggs, anyway.

it's a stretch calling that chilaquiles....maybe in LA.

dirk digler
05-29-2015, 02:14 PM
You want good biscuits and gravy?

Go to the Classic Cookie in Waldo.

And their potatoes don't look plastic, either.

http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/WpyyzTFplYkWeIOA6SFnIQ/l.jpg

That looks pretty good might have to try that out. My favorite breakfast place in KC is Eggtc. Don't know if you have tried that or not but I like it.

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2015, 02:18 PM
it's a stretch calling that chilaquiles....maybe in LA.

That was a pic of my homemade Huevos Rancheros.

I don't know why the pic was positioned after the chilaquiles. Probably user error.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-29-2015, 02:19 PM
That was a pic of my homemade Huevos Rancheros.

I don't know why the pic was positioned after the chilaquiles. Probably user error.

thats better. I was like....ok, I see tortillas, but....

ChiefGator
05-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Bookmarked for when I get to come back to KC for a game... maybe this year..

srvy
05-29-2015, 03:17 PM

Looks good but pretty much bacon and eggs there with a lil salsa guac and tortilla with re-fried beans. Dont know if I could go the beans in the morning.

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Looks good but pretty much bacon and eggs there with a lil salsa guac and tortilla with re-fried beans. Dont know if I could go the beans in the morning.

There's also enchilada sauce between the tortilla and eggs.

Fortunately, beans, whether pinto or black, don't affect me adversely.

BucEyedPea
05-29-2015, 04:13 PM

Nice! I just can't get something like that around here. Or that I know of easily.

HonestChieffan
05-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Gobblers Roost east of Nevada isn't on list and they put that suck coffee place in Springfield? Jesus what a crock.

Demonpenz
05-29-2015, 11:11 PM
I had johnny's tilapia tonight it was good. Tanners and Johnnys always have good food for a bar.

srvy
05-29-2015, 11:15 PM
I had johnny's tilapia tonight it was good. Tanners and Johnnys always have good food for a bar.

In younger times would hit Taco Tuesday and the steak night at Tanners was always pretty damn good. Just had to get out there before the Karaoke idiots filtered in.

Demonpenz
05-29-2015, 11:18 PM
yeah....I sing round and round by ratt every week. I know what kind of people go there.

srvy
05-29-2015, 11:19 PM
yeah....I sing round and round by ratt every week. I know what kind of people go there.

:LOL:

zigbazah
05-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Do these even look tasty to anyone?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/citybuzz/2015/02/mo-food/15-Missouri-Restaurants-6.jpg

They look like the ribs you buy prepackaged at the supermarket. I'm sure they're better than that but bleh. I mean they shouldn't be so hard that they're standing straight at attention like that.
I made a thread on Pappy's a while back. Terrible BBQ. I can't believe how highly the place is rated. Every meat they served was tough.