PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs News for Couch Potato

CarlPeterson_fan
05-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Here ya go buddy. I support you. It's bullshit that they took your thread privileges over a thread making a legit thread. I'll throw up some Chiefs news since you can't

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/5/30/8691097/arrowheadlines-kansas-city-chiefs-news-5-30

Takeaways from first week of Chiefs OTAs from Chiefs Digest

Excitement for the upcoming season is more than fine, but the biggest areas to always consider every offseason are the timeframe and setting.

First, it's May.

Second, these are offseason workouts, meaning there is zero hitting allowed and players are in shorts and helmets before training camp in late July...

...Bottom line during OTAs: Temper enthusiasm when viewing photos and videos.

While they offer insight on a player's progress, save the true excitement for when pads come on during training camp and contact is allowed

Three key defensive backs absent for Chiefs in offseason practice from ESPN

The Chiefs are going through offseason practice without Berry, Peters and Nelson, three players who would be starting or challenging for playing time. Berry recently finished treatment for lymphoma. Peters, their first-round draft pick, and Nelson, a third-round choice, are sitting out because their college semesters have yet to conclude.

Don't read too much into Chiefs' OL experiments in May from FS Kansas City

May is a rehearsal without the costumes. In May, the director and cast are walking around with scripts still in hand, changing lines as they go. May is for blocking, in both the stage and football sense of the term.

Things ... happen. Last August, they happened here. Stephenson got slapped with a suspension and stuck in the doghouse. Allen got hurt. The Andy Gang was forced to retool and improvise on the fly, and it took several weeks for things to finally gel. The preseason was a disaster in the trenches; Week 1 at home to Tennessee was only slightly better.

May is about working on hypotheticals, even the crappy ones. Is there life on the blind side without Fisher? Could Fulton make all the calls if forced to play center in a pinch? May is when you tinker to try and find out.

Offseason grade of 'B' sounds about right for Chiefs from ESPN

But the Chiefs did what they reasonably could the past few months, particularly given their salary-cap limitations. These types of rankings are usually skewed toward teams that spend a lot of money in free agency. Sure enough, the high-spending New York Jets were the only team to receive a grade as high as an "A" by Sando.

That's why a grade of "B" for the Chiefs' offseason moves sounds about right to me.

Jeremy Maclin gets some work as a punt returner from ESPN

"We just want to make sure he is ready,'' Reid said. "You have limited numbers that you can dress on game day, so you don't know what rotation you are going to have there with the receivers and returners. So it gives you an opportunity to keep him fresh. We don't work him every day like the other guys. It's kind of an every other day deal, so just to make sure that he's okay and can still do that, but he's not going to be the primary guy doing it right now."

Chiefs' Chris Ballard elevated to director of football operations from Chiefs Digest

Ballard, who has 14 years of experience in NFL personnel, joined the Chiefs in 2013 and his name has surfaced around the league in the past two offseasons as a prime candidate for open general manager spots. The Chicago Bears interviewed Ballard in early January 2015 for the then-vacant general manager position.

Of note, Chiefs general manager John Dorsey served one year as the Green Bay Packers director of football operations in 2012 before being hired by to his current position.

Waco ISD hosts football clinic with Louis Fite, Derrick Johsnon from The Waco Tribune-Herald

The Sky's the Limit Skills Clinic, put on by former Waco High and BYU star Margin Hooks, will cost $30 and provide drills and instruction intended to get players ready for college football.

PERFECT FIT FOR PLAYER AND COACH from Warpaint Illustrated

I'll go on record right now and state that franchise futility of a year ago ends in the season opener against the Houston Texans.

In signing Maclin, the Chiefs posses a legitimate top shelf receiver on the field. The fact Kansas City managed to bring him to the heartland in the prime of his career has to be the biggest move this franchise has made since Reid arrived.

Sure Quarterback, Alex Smith, was a solid move but the jury (at least within the fan base) remains this teams most debatable issue. Yet with the addition of Maclin, Smith could have a career year that includes a post-season victory.

TribalElder
05-30-2015, 11:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGL6CMdUsAMLrMn.jpg

In58men
05-30-2015, 11:52 AM
HANDS UP DONT SHOT!!!!!

ModSocks
05-30-2015, 11:52 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGL6CMdUsAMLrMn.jpg

Alright, who are they? I'm guessing Kush and Catapono....and?

Molitoth
05-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Once you have rooted for this team for over a decade, the off-season fluff articles tend to lose their burst.

Kman34
05-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Too long didn't read...

staylor26
05-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Alright, who are they? I'm guessing Kush and Catapono....and?

Morse Sherman and Kush

CarlPeterson_fan
05-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Too long didn't read...

Good for you. I didn't post it for you. Take your short attention span back to the poop threads and leave this one to people who care enough about the Chiefs to read and have a conversation on them.

In58men
05-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Good for you. I didn't post it for you. Take your short attention span back to the poop threads and leave this one to people who care enough about the Chiefs to read and have a conversation on them.

Boy this thread really took off didn't it?

Hall of Shit?

Easy 6
05-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Morse is a big ol sucker, looks much bigger than 305... atleast physically, dude looks NFL ready.

Why Not?
05-30-2015, 03:51 PM
This threads been up a few hours and nothing from couch potato. Troll radar activated

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Boy this thread really took off didn't it?

Hall of Shit?LOL

Pot meet Kettle!

Dante84
05-30-2015, 03:58 PM

Meh, shitty formatting. Didn't read wall of text.

MotherfuckerJones
05-30-2015, 04:52 PM
HANDS UP DONT SHOT!!!!!

Shoot

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-30-2015, 06:08 PM
I've got 15 fucking boars to jerk tomorrow. 15 ! On a damn Sunday. What time do the Royals play ????