PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal Charles wants to play six more years

TribalElder
05-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles is coming off a season in which he played through nagging injuries all year. But at age 28, he doesn’t think his body is breaking down.

In fact, Charles thinks he’s going to keep playing through 2020, defying age and going far beyond what most running backs are able to achieve.

“I want to play another six years,” Charles said. “I’m seeing guys at 37 or 38 still playing football in the trenches and that’s somewhere where you don’t want to play. So I just want to change the game with the running backs. I want this to last longer and then when I retire, I’ll be happy with where I end my career at.”

If Charles does play six more seasons, he would play his last NFL game at age 34, an age at which few running backs are productive: The last time a running back at 34 or older managed a 1,000-yard season was in 1984, when John Riggins did it. But Charles thinks it will become more common in the future.

“Football is changing, sports are just changing,” Charles said. “You can see basketball, like Kobe Bryant, he is still playing at 36. You see Tim Duncan. I think back in the days you couldn’t play for long because there were a lot of people that didn’t know the fundamentals of hitting, running people over. That’s not my form.”

The good news for Charles is that, as the NFL’s all-time leading running back at 5.5 yards a carry, even if he slows down a step, he could still be a productive player. It’s not realistic to think Charles will still be playing at 34 the way he has played in his 20s, but it might be realistic to think he could still play well enough to have a spot on an NFL roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/30/jamaal-charles-wants-to-play-six-more-years/

Coochie liquor
05-30-2015, 02:36 PM
If Andy Reid keeps forgetting to use him, he just might make it!

Mr. Laz
05-30-2015, 02:36 PM
It's great that he thinks that way, good for him.

Just as likely that in a couple of years he suddenly won't be able to stay healthy and misses as much time as he plays.

RB careers generally hit a cliff

TribalElder
05-30-2015, 02:44 PM
There were a couple replies on pft that need the truefan gif

ChiefsCountry
05-30-2015, 02:50 PM
There were a couple replies on pft that need the truefan gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lroax6o867tgif/ku-xlarge.gif

Halfcan
05-30-2015, 02:52 PM
There was a guy named Marcus Allen... he seemed to get better with age.

Will JC be a 1500 yard workhorse at that age-doubtful, but he could still be a great player and a scoring machine for us.

SAUTO
05-30-2015, 02:56 PM

Will JC be a 1500 yard workhorse at that age-doubtful, but he could still be a great player and a scoring machine for us.

He might have seemed better if you had never watched him prior to him being a chief.

In other words you are still a fucking idiot.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2015, 03:24 PM
I doubt he makes it, but more power to him. I'd love to have him that long.

Halfcan
05-30-2015, 03:27 PM
He might have seemed better if you had never watched him prior to him being a chief.

In other words you are still a ****ing idiot.

When he was riding the bench in Oakland? A lot of people thought he was too old when he came here but Marcus had some great years for us-I saw Every one of his games at Arrowhead. He was money on short yardage, always seemed to fall forward and get the first down.

95- MA had his 4th best rushing total.

93 Tied his 2nd best TD total.

97 Still averaged 4.1 YPC-which was his career total.

As long as JC stays healthy-he could be at least that good.

So fuck off and go stalk someone else. As usual you have nothing to add but a stupid comment and nothing to back it. STFU

ThaVirus
05-30-2015, 03:32 PM
And Drew Brees wants to play until he's 45.

My sources say "no fucking way".

Red Dawg
05-30-2015, 04:45 PM

This is a true statement.

Deberg_1990
05-30-2015, 05:04 PM
He will be living in a wheelchair come 2021

mcaj22
05-30-2015, 05:16 PM
at least by then we will be done with Alex Smith and have traded for Colin Kaepernick so he will be on his 8th starting QB for his Chiefs career

Chiefshrink
05-30-2015, 05:25 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

SAUTO
05-30-2015, 06:48 PM
When he was riding the bench in Oakland? A lot of people thought he was too old when he came here but Marcus had some great years for us-I saw Every one of his games at Arrowhead. He was money on short yardage, always seemed to fall forward and get the first down.

95- MA had his 4th best rushing total.

93 Tied his 2nd best TD total.

97 Still averaged 4.1 YPC-which was his career total.

As long as JC stays healthy-he could be at least that good.

So fuck off and go stalk someone else. As usual you have nothing to add but a stupid comment and nothing to back it. STFU
well 1985 was by far his best, and fuck yes he was A better player riding the bench for the raiders than he ever was playing for us.

Edit: and if I just wanted to throw a stupid comment out I would have told you all about your idiocy in the Ron Parker thread.

Demonpenz
05-30-2015, 07:03 PM
chances are better he becomes an english professer

Halfcan
05-30-2015, 07:20 PM
well 1985 was by far his best, and **** yes he was A better player riding the bench for the raiders than he ever was playing for us.

Edit: and if I just wanted to throw a stupid comment out I would have told you all about your idiocy in the Ron Parker thread.

Your reading comprehension sucks as much as your post. I said it SEEMED like he was getting better with age dumbfuck!

But yes great comeback-a player riding the bench producing nothing is Much better than one scoring TD's and taking his team to the playoffs. :spock: JFC you are ignorant.

I don't know what your fucking problem is and why you need to put your little chirpy bitch post after every one of my post-but you need to move on.

Fuck off already. I put you on ignore years ago and obviously your fragile ego can't seem to get over it. So like I said Fuck off!! nlm

milkman
05-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Your reading comprehension sucks as much as your post. I said it SEEMED like he was getting better with age dumb****!

But yes great comeback-a player riding the bench producing nothing is Much better than one scoring TD's and taking his team to the playoffs. :spock: JFC you are ignorant.

I don't know what your ****ing problem is and why you need to put your little chirpy bitch post after every one of my post-but you need to move on.

**** off already. I put you on ignore years ago and obviously your fragile ego can't seem to get over it. So like I said **** off!! nlm

The comment that he was a better player on the bench for the Raiders than he was as a productive player for the Chiefs is a pretty ignorant comment.

But the assertion that he was better in his years with the Chiefs than he was when he was playing for the Raiders is also pretty ignorant.

As a Raider, he was a dynamic and explosive playmaker.

With the Chiefs, he wasn't nearly that player.

He still had that great vision, and that innate ability to move the chains, but he wasn't the same back.

Halfcan
05-30-2015, 07:40 PM
The comment that he was a better player on the bench for the Raiders than he was as a productive player for the Chiefs is a pretty ignorant comment.

But the assertion that he was better in his years with the Chiefs than he was when he was playing for the Raiders is also pretty ignorant.

He still had that great vision, and that innate ability to move the chains, but he wasn't the same back.

That comment was intended as a compliment to a player I liked and respected-Not saying at all he was as fast and explosive as a young man. But he was Still a great player and a huge part to the success those years.

Jasondickhead-is just trying to make something out of nothing as usual to be a fucking dickhead scumbag he always is.

The only reason I brought it up-because many thought MA was washed up- and he had a lot left in the tank.

SAUTO
05-30-2015, 08:22 PM

As a player he most definitely was better those years, he just didn't get to play

stonedstooge
05-30-2015, 08:34 PM
chances are better he becomes an english professer

ROFLROFLROFL

Valiant
05-30-2015, 08:59 PM

Better with age? I guess if 3 yard runs and having Montana balance it out. I liked him, but he gets way too much clout in KC for what he did here. Stud as a Raider though.

SeeingRed
05-30-2015, 11:21 PM
I think its a great goal...tough and by most logic highly unlikely...but never know...always have to break carriers first in the mind in order to succeed in actually doing it...lets see if he has a 2000 yds from scrimmage year this year. If he does he has to start being considered a hall of fame type player. He is very durable for such slight build, no? A bit of a freak in that regard

DaKCMan AP
06-01-2015, 06:15 AM
The good news for Charles is that, as the NFL’s all-time leading running back at 5.5 yards a carry

Crazy how one could argue that JC is the greatest RB of all time.

WhawhaWhat
06-01-2015, 06:25 AM
In fact, Charles thinks he’s going to keep playing through 2020.

What team will he be playing for?

RealSNR
06-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Your reading comprehension sucks as much as your post. I said it SEEMED like he was getting better with age dumbfuck!

I don't know what your fucking problem is and why you need to put your little chirpy bitch post after every one of my post-but you need to move on.

Fuck off already. I put you on ignore years ago and obviously your fragile ego can't seem to get over it. So like I said Fuck off!! nlm

This thread escaladed quickly

ExtremeChief
06-01-2015, 08:06 AM
This thread escaladed quickly

Jamaal loves the Escalades.

BigChiefFan
06-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Great HB, but he needs to put more in the endzone, if he wants HOF status.

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Great HB, but he needs to put more in the endzone, if he wants HOF status.

That was his Achilles heel prior to Reid's arrival. Guy would run for 1,500 at 5.5 YPC but would only score like 5 TDs in a season.

Now he's averaging around 1,250 at 5.0 YPC but 16 TDs a season.

If Reid had been our coach for his entire career, we might already be talking about Jamaal as a HOFer. If he were to retire tomorrow, I don't think anyone would even consider him.