PDA

View Full Version : Misc What is your stance on aliens?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mr. tegu
05-30-2015, 07:46 PM
I am curious to see where everyone stands on this. Asking about a stance on UFOs could be a different topic with different options so feel to give your thoughts on that as well.

lewdog
05-30-2015, 07:47 PM
They do not exist. If you think they do then you need medication or stop binge drinking with Inmem.

stumppy
05-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Aliens??? They seem kinda foreign to me.

Bwana
05-30-2015, 07:49 PM
http://chewbacchus.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/anal-probe.jpg

TribalElder
05-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Strange movie

When that thing pops out the belly

srvy
05-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Build a higher wall and double it with a minefield in between.

Bugeater
05-30-2015, 07:51 PM
They're taking our jobs.

Hammock Parties
05-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Universe is too vast.

Alien life exists.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-30-2015, 07:57 PM
I gotta tell ya I believe. I have seen shit that will make you neuter yourself. They are here and they are watching us. Don't know if they have infiltrated the population but common sense tells me they are among us.

hometeam
05-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Looking at the scale of the universe. It is almost certain there is alien life of some kind, past, present, or future, including intelligent life. Right now, I don't think we have any evidence whatsoever that they can visit us, but I think aliens being able to visit is is much more plausible than an invisible jewish zombie being universally omnipotent.

Fairplay
05-30-2015, 08:01 PM
They operated on Inmen and let him loose on the world.

He is their secret weapon, do not befriend him.

AustinChief
05-30-2015, 08:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wp_K8prLfso?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

srvy
05-30-2015, 08:03 PM
I gotta tell ya I believe. I have seen shit that will make you neuter yourself. They are here and they are watching us. Don't know if they have infiltrated the population but common sense tells me they are among us.

I am a skeptic but also I have never seen anything that made me wonder wtf was that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Wish the search function worked as I have a story told. They are here !

J Diddy
05-30-2015, 08:04 PM
I have no problem with them personally, however, I feel their practice of butthole probing needs to cease immediately.

displacedinMN
05-30-2015, 08:06 PM
Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges.

There has to be intelligent life out there somewhere. The universe is too damn big to say there isn't. They are bound by the same physics and slowness of the speed of light that we are.

We can hardly travel in out own solar system. I think Mars is a pipe dream until we figure out how to keep a body alive without aging.

Rain Man
05-30-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm somewhere between the third and fifth options, but I selected the fifth. Primarily because I don't want to reveal anything and get a visit from you know who.

srvy
05-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Also what are they hiding for? They would obviously be more advanced and could just waltz in and mess up our world. We couldnt stop they could just start up the meat grinder and start fertilizing the earth.

listopencil
05-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Wide Nine.

Mr. Laz
05-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Universe with trillions upon trillions of stars,planets etc.

Yea, we are the only sentient beings in it. :rolleyes:

splatbass
05-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Mathematically it is almost certain there is life out there. There are billions of planets. Extremely unlikely they could make it here though.

mr. tegu
05-30-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm somewhere between the third and fifth options, but I selected the fifth. Primarily because I don't want to reveal anything and get a visit from you know who.

It's a private poll so there is nothing to worry about.

gblowfish
05-30-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm glad they pick our fruit.

Rain Man
05-30-2015, 08:26 PM
It's a private poll so there is nothing to worry about.

You're trying to bait me into showing my hand.

mlyonsd
05-30-2015, 08:34 PM
My burn barrel is right next to a planted field. I hate when the farmer plants corn, after about the middle of July I don't burn after dark. I know they're standing a few rows in just watching me.

BucEyedPea
05-30-2015, 09:13 PM
My stance is they're welcome so long as they enter legally.

Katipan
05-30-2015, 09:32 PM
I am not attracted.

KC native
05-30-2015, 09:44 PM
I am not attracted.

You species-ist!

cosmo20002
05-30-2015, 09:47 PM

Obama?

FloridaMan88
05-30-2015, 09:49 PM
I think they'd be offended that there is apparently a sequel to the Independence Day movie coming out next summer (without Will Smith).

LiveSteam
05-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Take me to your leader.

TLO
05-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Wish the search function worked as I have a story told. They are here !

Bumped that thread for ya bud.

Why Not?
05-31-2015, 12:18 AM
They destroyed Bishop. Fuck 'em

RINGLEADER
05-31-2015, 01:51 AM
I remember seeing a documentary once that hypothesized that Earth is a real anomaly due to a number of necessary things ranging from the time of the planets formation to the fact that you need a large moon to keep the planet from becoming inhospitable every few years (and thus giving life the time it needs to form).

But the biggest issue with contacting of life forms had more to do with the fact that, according to these scientists, the evolution required to form the intelligence needed to do the things required to contact others also would invariably lead to the extinction of said intelligence. So in addition to needing a very specific environment you also need to time everything just right so that split-second life capable of communicating out into the stars exists it has someone else out there on the receiving end at that same split-second.

The example they gave was Earth itself: if aliens contacted Earth every day for the 60 million years dinos were around they'd get nothing but static in return. We're faced with the same challenge. And chances are the civilizations capable of doing this will only have thousands (not millions) of years to try once they're evolved enough to have the technology and cultural interest to attempt such an effort.

For someone like me who would love us to find an alien signal in space it was all rather depressing...

splatbass
05-31-2015, 02:04 AM
I feel their practice of butthole probing needs to cease immediately.

Maybe if they bought you dinner first?

GoShox
05-31-2015, 02:17 AM
If they exist, our franchise-saving QB is probably with them.

ThaVirus
05-31-2015, 07:15 AM
I remember seeing a documentary once that hypothesized that Earth is a real anomaly due to a number of necessary things ranging from the time of the planets formation to the fact that you need a large moon to keep the planet from becoming inhospitable every few years (and thus giving life the time it needs to form).

But the biggest issue with contacting of life forms had more to do with the fact that, according to these scientists, the evolution required to form the intelligence needed to do the things required to contact others also would invariably lead to the extinction of said intelligence. So in addition to needing a very specific environment you also need to time everything just right so that split-second life capable of communicating out into the stars exists it has someone else out there on the receiving end at that same split-second.

The example they gave was Earth itself: if aliens contacted Earth every day for the 60 million years dinos were around they'd get nothing but static in return. We're faced with the same challenge. And chances are the civilizations capable of doing this will only have thousands (not millions) of years to try once they're evolved enough to have the technology and cultural interest to attempt such an effort.

For someone like me who would love us to find an alien signal in space it was all rather depressing...

You should check out the Fermi Paradox if you aren't already familiar.

Rausch
05-31-2015, 07:32 AM
They do not exist. If you think they do then you need medication or stop binge drinking with Inmem.

When you consider the vastness of space, and have to admit that life did happen once, it has to have happened more than once.

So in the history of the universe there's an event that happened only once? We know that life is possible because we are alive. It's beyond stupidity to say that it's not possible to happen again. Life was already created once.

Either by a God or by the random mixing of elements. It doesn't matter either way - both options suggest it happened more than once.

Now, there's a huge difference between saying life is all over in space and saying that it's here on earth counting the corn in Clay's colon...

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 07:34 AM
Mathematically it is almost certain there is life out there. There are billions of planets. Extremely unlikely they could make it here though.

You are off by a factor of a trillion times more.

Bufkin
05-31-2015, 07:39 AM
God created man and woman within the first week about 6,000 years ago. Nowhere in Heavenly Father's 6th day of creation (creatures of the land to rule over the fish of the sea) does he mention making some ET looking mother fucker on Mars.

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 07:39 AM
There are approximately

stars, most with multiple planets around them. One would have to guess like earth there are probably 10 or so planets each. Thats a really really big number

Rausch
05-31-2015, 07:42 AM
God created man and woman within the first week about 6,000 years ago. Nowhere in Heavenly Father's 6th day of creation (creatures of the land to rule over the fish of the sea) does he mention making some ET looking mother ****er on Mars.

Nowhere does he mention Mars...

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 07:43 AM
God created man and woman within the first week about 6,000 years ago. Nowhere in Heavenly Father's 6th day of creation (creatures of the land to rule over the fish of the sea) does he mention making some ET looking mother fucker on Mars.

Hey he's that white dude with the big flowing beard and robe isn't he? Yeah I met that dude. I think he was panhandling down by the Plaza. Ungodly with a harmonica.

Bufkin
05-31-2015, 07:51 AM
Hey he's that white dude with the big flowing beard and robe isn't he? Yeah I met that dude. I think he was panhandling down by the Plaza. Ungodly with a harmonica.
Dave, if God doesn't exist, how do you explain the tides? You can't explain that.

Sorry sorry, I'm not meaning for my sarcasm to take over a fun discussion on extraterrestrial life. I know Dave understands. Well, I think he understands my humor.

In all reality, I'm agnostic on it. Do they exist? Maybe. Do I want them to exist? Absolutely. I think that gives a much more rational explanation to how the universe works. It also adds a bit of meaning.

BigRedChief
05-31-2015, 08:00 AM
There are approximately

stars, most with multiple planets around them. One would have to guess like earth there are probably 10 or so planets each. Thats a really really big numberIt would be incredibly arrogant of us to think of all those planets that their is no intelligent life on any of those planets.

Have some visited? The odds also say yes.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2015, 08:04 AM
From Mexico? Absolutely.

From outer space? Probably. It's too vast for us to be the only intelligent life form in it.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2015, 08:14 AM
God created man and woman within the first week about 6,000 years ago.Riiiiiiiiiiight...

lewdog
05-31-2015, 08:28 AM
Dave, if God doesn't exist, how do you explain the tides? You can't explain that.

Sorry sorry, I'm not meaning for my sarcasm to take over a fun discussion on extraterrestrial life. I know Dave understands. Well, I think he understands my humor.

In all reality, I'm agnostic on it. Do they exist? Maybe. Do I want them to exist? Absolutely. I think that gives a much more rational explanation to how the universe works. It also adds a bit of meaning.

No, you're a Mormon.

Now take your stupid shit to DC, this is about aliens not God.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2015, 08:36 AM
No, you're a Moron.

Now take your stupid shit to DC, this is about aliens not God.Is this what you meant? :)

lewdog
05-31-2015, 08:38 AM
Is this what you meant? :)

No, I typed it correct the first time.

Saulbadguy
05-31-2015, 08:39 AM
They are way too busy with other things to deal with us assholes.

DenverChief
05-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges.

There has to be intelligent life out there somewhere. The universe is too damn big to say there isn't. They are bound by the same physics and slowness of the speed of light that we are.

We can hardly travel in out own solar system. I think Mars is a pipe dream until we figure out how to keep a body alive without aging.

For a 6 month trip? That's hardly an aging process to worry about.

DenverChief
05-31-2015, 08:56 AM
I can tell you I have witnessed things that don't make sense. They are here, they visit us more often than you think. They like to come here and observe us and I believe conduct experiments on us and other species. There are videos out there everyone should watch. The hard part is separating the bullshit from the real shit.

BucEyedPea
05-31-2015, 09:03 AM
I can tell you I have witnessed things that don't make sense. They are here, they visit us more often than you think. They like to come here and observe us and I believe conduct experiments on us and other species. There are videos out there everyone should watch. The hard part is separating the bullshit from the real shit.

I've seen some documentaries using reports by cops of incidents that happened to them, corroborated by others saying the same. Reputable cops with good records too.

Perineum Ripper
05-31-2015, 09:06 AM
They have showed up within the past 50-60 years..taken the shape of human beings..then started acting like gay men so they could do anal probing

DenverChief
05-31-2015, 09:15 AM
I've seen some documentaries using reports by cops of incidents that happened to them, corroborated by others saying the same. Reputable cops with good records too.

The hard part for law enforcement is to say anything because you can lose credibility really fast.

DenverChief
05-31-2015, 09:15 AM
They have showed up within the past 50-60 years..taken the shape of human beings..then started acting like gay men so they could do anal probing

LMAO

Fish
05-31-2015, 09:20 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/a7fjr.jpg

mr. tegu
05-31-2015, 09:34 AM
His shirt. LMAO

ThaVirus
05-31-2015, 10:19 AM

I think, if their are other sentient life forms in the universe, it would do more to strip the "meaning" from our lives.

srvy
05-31-2015, 10:41 AM
I liked the first movie best.

srvy
05-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Aliens vs predator that had its moments surprisingly. How bout Aliens and Predators vs Jurassic Park critters? Could be a classic.

ChiliConCarnage
05-31-2015, 10:45 AM
I assume they must be out there but haven't visited.

We've been around a blink of an eye cosmically. When we look at the stars in the sky we're seeing light they created possibly millions or billions of years ago. If we tried to visit the star may no longer exist.

If there is a species out there advanced enough to scan and visit most of the universe with relative ease, I imagine they've already visited a lot of lifeforms and we would be primitive and not all that interesting.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2015, 10:53 AM
I think, if their are other sentient life forms in the universe, it would do more to strip the "meaning" from our lives.

Only for the people who think the meaning of our lives is to be the one and only chosen ones.

ThaVirus
05-31-2015, 10:57 AM
Only for the people who think the meaning of our lives it to be the one and only chosen ones.

That would be a vast percentage of the population of this planet, would it not?

Easy 6
05-31-2015, 11:13 AM
"The flying saucer situation is not at all imaginary, or seeing too much in some natural phenomena. Something is really flying around. The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictious" - General Nathan Twining, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control. It is imperative that we learn where ufo's come from and what their purpose is" - Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoeter, CIA Director 1947-1950.

Those are just two of dozens and dozens of similar statements made by high ranking figures around the world. People can try to spin it all away when it doesn't fit their view of the world we live in, but its futile.

These people said what they said and no amount of disbelief or spin can change the words.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2015, 11:28 AM
That would be a vast percentage of the population of this planet, would it not?
Most religions don't specifically address whether life exists anywhere besides earth.

Only the arrogant and/or deluded would believe that

non-religious:

What are the odds that earth is the only place the right conditions for life exist and occurred? Billions of planets like earth, trillions of stars and planets that could sustain non-humanoid life.

People of Religion:

why would a supreme being create a universe so vast that our human minds can't even comprehend it, then put a single speck of life on earth? what is the point of billions x trillions of empty space? Many religious predict the 2nd coming and/or judgement day will occur long before we will be able to even search our own small galaxy. God was bored?

makes no sense to believe we are the only 'life' in the universe

Only people who don't want to believe it could reach that conclusion.

ThaVirus
05-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Most religions don't specifically address whether life exists anywhere besides earth.

non-religious:

What are the odds that earth is the only place the right conditions for life exist and occurred? Billions of planets like earth, trillions of stars and planets that could sustain non-humanoid life.

People of Religion:

why would a supreme being create a universe so vast that our human minds can't even comprehend it, then put a single speck of life on earth? what is the point of billions x trillions of empty space? Many religious predict the 2nd coming and/or judgement day will occur long before we will be able to even search our own small galaxy. God was bored?

I think you're underselling the amount of people whose belief system would be rocked by the discovery of sentient beings on another planet.

Easy 6
05-31-2015, 11:45 AM
It should also be noted that many of the top minds have come to the conclusion that aliens/ufo's are not from other planets per se... they are from other dimensions.

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 12:17 PM
It should also be noted that many of the top minds have come to the conclusion that aliens/ufo's are not from other planets per se... they are from other dimensions.

Top Minds LMAOLMAOLMAO

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2015, 12:19 PM
If Aliens are living among us, that would explain Inmen...

Easy 6
05-31-2015, 12:23 PM
Top Minds LMAOLMAOLMAO

I suppose the good news here is that I literally wouldn't give two rat shits for what you have to say about anything, at all.

lewdog
05-31-2015, 12:23 PM
If Aliens are living among us, that would explain Inmen...

I think they use his massive head to send satellite signals back and forth.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2015, 12:27 PM
I think you're underselling the amount of people whose belief system would be rocked by the discovery of sentient beings on another planet.
I guess i'm just hoping that the number of people who are small-minded enough to think that way are not large in number.

The southern part of the United States probably hold most of them

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2015, 12:34 PM
I guess i'm just hoping that the number of people who are small-minded enough to think that way are not large in number.

The southern part of the United States probably hold most of themAnd Kansas.

ThaVirus
05-31-2015, 12:44 PM

The southern part of the United States probably hold most of them

On that we can agree. You'd have to think, as our understanding of science and the universe grows, most people wouldn't hang on to such antiquated views of life.. But you can never underestimate the power of indoctrination and.. fear, really.

Munson
05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
Aliens exist.

I see them all the time at Wal-Mart. LMAO

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 01:29 PM
I suppose the good news here is that I literally wouldn't give two rat shits for what you have to say about anything, at all.

I know you'd give one. I mean who wouldn't give at least one rat shit for my opinion!

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 01:31 PM
On that we can agree. You'd have to think, as our understanding of science and the universe grows, most people wouldn't hang on to such antiquated views of life.. But you can never underestimate the power of indoctrination and.. fear, really.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz119/fajaraseoul/Post%20love/catLovePost-1.jpg

Mrs. Loopner
05-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Poll is self-limiting as are several comments. “Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges”
Mathematics (and physics) is an abstract science formulated to make sense of chaos.
Trillions of stars, why limit to trillions?
Humans are intrinsically arrogant and self-limiting. To fathom infinity is an impossible concept for most if not all so we impose limits to regulate the funkiness.
Even Dave Lane’s narcissism and atheistic proclamations are self-limiting but all’s right with the world because we know he’s not alienostic. amirite Dave?

srvy
05-31-2015, 02:28 PM
Why does everyone supporting lil green people have to explain views in Professor Poindexter language? Think by using all this smarty farty talk will make us believe you. Just spit it out in laymen terms don't go Einstein on us. Fucking dimensions only dimensions are the 5th and they kinda sucked as a band. Some sound like they spent whole morning and afternoon to get it just so. Whats wrong with you people?

eDave
05-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Do they all have the same bible?

Rain Man
05-31-2015, 03:14 PM
Do they all have the same bible?

I would think that that you'd have to make allowances for local conditions. You can't make women from a rib, for example, if the men are all giant intelligent invertebrate slugs. God would have to do a find and replace of 'rib' with 'antenna'.

Mrs. Loopner
05-31-2015, 03:21 PM
Whats wrong with you people?

You mean, What's with youts? Ya know, the two youts?

lewdog
05-31-2015, 03:29 PM
Why does everyone supporting lil green people have to explain views in Professor Poindexter language? Think by using all this smarty farty talk will make us believe you. Just spit it out in laymen terms don't go Einstein on us. Fucking dimensions only dimensions are the 5th and they kinda sucked as a band. Some sound like they spent whole morning and afternoon to get it just so. Whats wrong with you people?

Professory Poindexter language? Definitely not.

English language? It would help.

srvy
05-31-2015, 03:38 PM
You mean, What's with youts? Ya know, the two youts?

Mrs. Loopner
05-31-2015, 03:49 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B1QpyGa61zs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tiptap
05-31-2015, 05:26 PM
When we look at the predictions for how long this universe should exist in the state that allows for life and for stars and planets that we find in our galaxy, it tends to be about 100 billion years. This universe is only 14 billion years old. WE are an early intelligent life and WE get to be those aliens in saucers given a little forethought.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Bunch of horse shit.

I'll buy 'advanced military craft and genetic engineering' before "Alien".

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-31-2015, 05:51 PM
I've seen the bastards and thats all I'm sayin !

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-31-2015, 05:53 PM
I've seen the bastards and thats all I'm sayin !

Did they hit you up for tips on advanced semen-extraction?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Did they hit you up for tips on advanced semen-extraction?

I don't remember .

lewdog
05-31-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't remember .

They went for the backside didn't they. Anal probe?

eDave
05-31-2015, 05:58 PM
I saw a UFO. Looking out the back, reversed seats, of my parent Torino station wagon. Going down N. Oak Trafficway.

No one will ever convince me differently.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-31-2015, 05:59 PM
I don't remember .

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-31-2015, 06:00 PM
I saw a UFO. Looking out the back, reversed seats, of my parent Torino station wagon. Going down N. Oak Trafficway.

What you saw, was my former manager at Bobby Bells, Dr. Funkenstien, sparking up a primo and burning rubber down N. Oak.

Easy 6
05-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Bunch of horse shit.

Genetically engineered what?

eDave
05-31-2015, 06:01 PM
What you saw, was my former manager at Bobby Bells, Dr. Funkenstien, sparking up a primo and burning rubber down N. Oak.

Ah, Bobby Bell's.

My experience was right in front of Antioch Shopping Center. I remember it very well.

Bell had THE BEST deep fried mushrooms.

DenverChief
05-31-2015, 06:04 PM
Bunch of horse shit.

Neither of which explains the precision cattle mutilations of the San Juan Valley.

lewdog
05-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Neither of which explains the precision cattle mutilations of the San Juan Valley.

I can. Mexicans.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-31-2015, 06:14 PM
Genetically engineered what?

Beings, of course.

I can. Mexicans.

Exactly. Hungry heffe' gonna' cut a fool.

Ah, Bobby Bell's.

My experience was right in front of Antioch Shopping Center. I remember it very well.

Bell had THE BEST deep fried mushrooms.

Damn, I had forgotten about those. We sold a metric shit-ton of those mushrooms.

We had kickass potato wedges with skins, and bomb-ass baked beans too.

srvy
05-31-2015, 06:24 PM
Beings, of course.

Exactly. Hungry heffe' gonna' cut a fool.

Damn, I had forgotten about those. We sold a metric shit-ton of those mushrooms.

We had kickass potato wedges with skins, and bomb-ass baked beans too.

:thumb:

And Bobby's wife was sweet and nice and smokin hot.

Was it a smokescreen or was she that nice?

srvy
05-31-2015, 06:25 PM
My stand.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/78824a830c5c5af34164e9fddcb1b346/tumblr_mnfnhkAlAj1rso9d7o2_400.gif
Bring them on.

J Diddy
05-31-2015, 06:27 PM

If you have identified the craft then it's not a UFO. Just saying...

:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-31-2015, 06:30 PM

She was really that nice. Very classy. Would come by the restaurant with Bobby from time to time.

DenverChief
05-31-2015, 06:40 PM
I can. Mexicans.

If there were any footprints or blood from the cattle laying around I might believe you.

eDave
05-31-2015, 06:41 PM

I'm sure I know you from my high school dayze.

srvy
05-31-2015, 06:45 PM
Maybe
Winnetonka 1975

J Diddy
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM
If there were any footprints or blood from the cattle laying around I might believe you.

Indians. They use every part of the cow and leave nothing behind. Plus they don't leave footprints.

eDave
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Maybe
Winnetonka 1975

Nope. Sorry grandpa.

srvy
05-31-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm sure I know you from my high school dayze.

HS was mostly just a blur. You cruising N.Oak I figure you for OP. Antioch and Smacks for me with occasional In a tub. I was pretty busy with being a Carney at Worlds of Fun.

eDave
05-31-2015, 06:51 PM
HS was mostly just a blur. You cruising N.Oak I figure you for OP. Antioch and Smacks for me with occasional In a tub. I was pretty busy with being a Carney at Worlds of Fun.

OP. Then Judson School. Then Maur Hill.

@SaudiArabia

Rain Man
05-31-2015, 06:53 PM

Was it you or the UFO going down N. Oak Trafficway? We might be able to identify its destination.

eDave
05-31-2015, 06:57 PM
Was it you or the UFO going down N. Oak Trafficway? We might be able to identify its destination.

I was going N. on N. Oak. UFO was tracking east to west. Long craft that looked like a contrail, though it was moving the other way. I clearly saw the beginning of it and it was clearly one object moving between clouds.

Changed my life.

Buzz
05-31-2015, 07:02 PM

Do you know Tom Miller?

srvy
05-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Nope. Sorry grandpa.

lol

srvy
05-31-2015, 07:08 PM
I was going N. on N. Oak. UFO was tracking east to west. Long craft that looked like a contrail, though it was moving the other way. I clearly saw the beginning of it and it was clearly one object moving between clouds.

Changed my life.

Sounds like the Goodyear blimp. Dude you were messed up. Torino Station wagon huh. We had that gold Torino sedan.

eDave
05-31-2015, 07:10 PM
Sounds like the Goodyear blimp. Dude you were messed up. Torino Station wagon huh. We had that gold Torino sedan.

It was miles long and I was like 8. No one will convince me otherwise.

Green Torina, with wood paneling. FTMFW. Loved road trips with my parents.

lewdog
05-31-2015, 07:12 PM
It was miles long and I was like 8. No one will convince me otherwise.

Green Torina, with wood paneling. FTMFW. Loved road trips with my parents.

You're convincing me they probed your bunger.

eDave
05-31-2015, 07:14 PM
You're convincing me they probed your bunger.

I'd say it was your dick, but it was white. And very long.

ThaVirus
05-31-2015, 07:14 PM
My stand.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/78824a830c5c5af34164e9fddcb1b346/tumblr_mnfnhkAlAj1rso9d7o2_400.gif
Bring them on.

That isn't going to do shit. They're allergic to water, dummy. Bonus points if you can lock them in a pantry. I hear they can't open doors.

Lex Luthor
05-31-2015, 07:47 PM

“There’s a fascinating frailty of the human mind that psychologists know all about, called “argument from ignorance.” This is how it goes. Remember what the “U” stands for in “UFO”? You see lights flashing in the sky. You’ve never seen anything like this before and don’t understand what it is. You say, “It’s a UFO!”

The “U” stands for “unidentified.”

But then you say, “I don’t know what it is; it must be aliens from outer space, visiting from another planet.” The issue here is that if you don’t know what something is, your interpretation of it should stop immediately. You don’t then say it must be X or Y or Z. That’s argument from ignorance. It’s common. I’m not blaming anybody; it may relate to our burning need to manufacture answers because we feel uncomfortable about being steeped in ignorance.”

― Neil deGrasse Tyson, Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier

stevieray
05-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Nephilim?

whoo boy.

eDave
05-31-2015, 07:52 PM
“There’s a fascinating frailty of the human mind that psychologists know all about, called “argument from ignorance.” This is how it goes. Remember what the “U” stands for in “UFO”? You see lights flashing in the sky. You’ve never seen anything like this before and don’t understand what it is. You say, “It’s a UFO!”

But then you say, “I don’t know what it is; it must be aliens from outer space, visiting from another planet.” The issue here is that if you don’t know what something is, your interpretation of it should stop immediately. You don’t then say it must be X or Y or Z. That’s argument from ignorance. It’s common. I’m not blaming anybody; it may relate to our burning need to manufacture answers because we feel uncomfortable about being steeped in ignorance.”

40 years and nothing has convinced me otherwise. And I am well aware of the psychology you are referencing and it does not apply here.

Also, I'm a sane individual. I think.

Easy 6
05-31-2015, 07:53 PM

Too bad the tv scientists word doesnt trump the director of the CIA, or Chairman of the JCOS.

Because they certainly didnt have any scientists informing their opinions...

Lex Luthor
05-31-2015, 08:06 PM
40 years and nothing has convinced me otherwise. And I am well aware of the psychology you are referencing and it does not apply here.

So what exactly was it that you saw that convinced you that it was a spacecraft from an alien planet? How do you differentiate terrestrial technology that you don't understand from extra-terrestrial technology?

Lex Luthor
05-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Too bad the tv scientists word doesnt trump the director of the CIA, or Chairman of the JCOS.

I don't rely on an argument from authority. Apparently you do.

I quoted Neil DeGrasse Tyson because his explanation makes perfect sense. What specific things did the director of the CIA or the Chairman of the JCOS say that you find to be compelling? Or are you just taking their word for it? For that matter, what exactly DID they say? You got a link?

Lex Luthor
05-31-2015, 08:16 PM
For eDave and Easy 6:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bdlVpXCKL._SY300_.jpg

eDave
05-31-2015, 08:20 PM
So what exactly was it that you saw that convinced you that it was a spacecraft from an alien planet? How do you differentiate terrestrial technology that you don't understand from extra-terrestrial technology?

Understand that I come from an aviation family.

It looked like an airliner contrail, which was my first thought. But it was going the other way and disappearing into the other cloud bank. Then it was gone.

Aliens? Dunno. But I've seen nothing since.

Rain Man
05-31-2015, 08:29 PM

Let's do a quick test. Do you think the Chiefs will win a Super Bowl in your lifetime? If yes, will it involve the use of alien technology or not?

Lex Luthor
05-31-2015, 08:29 PM

If your statement is that you saw something you can't identify, nobody can argue that point.

If your statement is that you saw an alien spacecraft, your argument is not terribly convincing.

That's the whole point of Tyson's quote.

eDave
05-31-2015, 08:31 PM
If your statement is that you saw something you can't identify, nobody can argue that point.

If your statement is that you saw an alien spacecraft, your argument is not terribly convincing.

That's the whole point of Tyson's quote.

SO WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT?

Pablo
05-31-2015, 08:32 PM
I saw jesus and Buddha flying an El Camino through the clouds once.

I believe!

Lex Luthor
05-31-2015, 08:53 PM
SO WHAT THE **** WAS IT?
Do you understand the term "Argument from incredulity"? Saying "What the **** was it" is not a compelling argument that it was a spaceship from outer space. It's not a compelling argument for ANYTHING.

By your own account this incident happened 40 years ago. You were a kid, you were sitting in the back seat of your parents car, and you were looking out the back window. How long did the incident last? How long did you see this thing? An hour? 30 minutes? 10 minutes? 5 seconds? My money is on 5 seconds.

Frankly, people who say they were abducted by aliens and subjected to all sorts of medical tests and anal probes make a stronger case, because if they are telling the truth, something very weird DID happen. You could be telling the complete truth and the answer could be a completely logical explanation.

You should read this article (http://www.cnet.com/news/debunking-my-own-ufo-sighting-14-years-later/). This person debunked his own UFO sighting 14 years after it happened.

eDave
05-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Do you understand the term "Argument from incredulity"? Saying "What the **** was it" is not a compelling argument that it was a spaceship from outer space. It's not a compelling argument for ANYTHING.

By your own account this incident happened 40 years ago. You were a kid, you were sitting in the back seat of your parents car, and you were looking out the back window. How long did the incident last? How long did you see this thing? An hour? 30 minutes? 10 minutes? 5 seconds? My money is on 5 seconds.

Frankly, people who say they were abducted by aliens and subjected to all sorts of medical tests and anal probes make a stronger case, because if they are telling the truth, something very weird DID happen. You could be telling the complete truth and the answer could be a completely logical explanation.

You should read this article (http://www.cnet.com/news/debunking-my-own-ufo-sighting-14-years-later/). This person debunked his own UFO sighting 14 years after it happened.

Leave me alone Jesus freak.

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 08:57 PM
SO WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT?

You know I think I see something odd all the time. But everytime I look closer I find I was wrong in my momentary attempt to "see" something that wasn't there. Especially when I was 8. Especially when driving. I see odd reflections I think for a moment I see a deer but its a beer can.

Heres some really weird looking things in clouds. At 8 my imagination would have run wild especially if moving.

http://www.wired.com/2009/09/clouds/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/thjVCuaaOP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave Lane
05-31-2015, 08:57 PM
The video is better.

eDave
05-31-2015, 08:58 PM
You know I think I see something odd all the time. But everytime I look closer I find I was wrong in my momentary attempt to "see" something that wasn't there. Especially when I was 8. Especially when driving. I see odd reflections I think for a moment I see a deer but its a beer can.

Heres some really weird looking things in clouds. At 8 my imagination would have run wild especially if moving.

http://www.wired.com/2009/09/clouds/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/thjVCuaaOP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You are wrong too. You will see. YOU ALL WILL SEE!

srvy
05-31-2015, 09:49 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SYCB0qtwIxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DenverChief
05-31-2015, 10:36 PM
Do you know Tom Miller?

Know of him. Why

Bowser
05-31-2015, 10:43 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55927198.jpg

Lex Luthor
05-31-2015, 10:58 PM
Leave me alone Jesus freak.

ROFL

Now I know you're just trolling us.

loochy
06-01-2015, 07:26 AM
SO WHAT THE **** WAS IT?

nobody knows

hence the UFO

loochy
06-01-2015, 07:28 AM

I always wondered that too.

What was that weird thing I saw? I don't know, therefore aliens.

Amnorix
06-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Looking at the scale of the universe. It is almost certain there is alien life of some kind, past, present, or future, including intelligent life. Right now, I don't think we have any evidence whatsoever that they can visit us, but I think aliens being able to visit is is much more plausible than an invisible jewish zombie being universally omnipotent.

What he said.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I always wondered that too.

What was that weird thing I saw? I don't know, therefore aliens.

Sometimes you see things that are unexplainable by physics - if what you see can't be explained by the physics of this world then it must be from another world - therefore alien.

Fish
06-01-2015, 09:20 AM

No individual's word trumps anyone else's. That's the entire point to the Argument from Authority fallacy.

ct
06-01-2015, 09:39 AM

non-religious:

People of Religion:

Actually most religions DO talk about beings not of earth visiting and interacting with earth and/or humans, they just call them God(s) instead of Aliens.

BucEyedPea
06-01-2015, 09:53 AM
So why do aliens have to be humanoid life?

What if there's different life forms, including creatures or other beings with different bodies that survive under other environmental conditions—the kind we could not survive under?

loochy
06-01-2015, 10:01 AM
So why do aliens have to be humanoid life?

What if there's different life forms, including creatures or other beings with different bodies that survive under other environmental conditions—the kind we could not survive under?

NO

aliens can ONLY be humanoid and aliens can ONLY survive with water

duh

don't you know alien rules?

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Sometimes you see things that are unexplainable by physics - if what you see can't be explained by the physics of this world then it must be from another world - therefore alien.
I can't tell if you are being serious or not, because the statement is so obviously ridiculous.

Anything you can't explain must be from another world????? Seriously?????

Please tell me that my sarcasm meter is broken.

loochy
06-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Actually most religions DO talk about beings not of earth visiting and interacting with earth and/or humans, they just call them God(s) instead of Aliens.

http://illuminatiwatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/EvD_Gio.png

Rain Man
06-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Chariots of the Gods was mind-bending when I read it at age 11. I wonder what I would think about it now.

loochy
06-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Chariots of the Gods was mind-bending when I read it at age 11. I wonder what I would think about it now.

its still interesting

scho63
06-01-2015, 10:45 AM
I find it hard to believe that we are the ONLY species of life in a universe as vast and as old as the experts claim.

Carl Sagan I believe said this:

"How incredible would it be if we were the ONLY ones I this vast universe. Inversely, how incredible would it be if we are NOT the only ones in this vast universe?"

I'm not religious at all but I believe there is something more and greater out there then just us. What that is I have not a f***ing clue!

srvy
06-01-2015, 10:52 AM
They were here and read DC then scrammed.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
I can't tell if you are being serious or not, because the statement is so obviously ridiculous.

Anything you can't explain must be from another world????? Seriously?????

Please tell me that my sarcasm meter is broken.

No you are correct - they could be from an advanced civilization living under the ocean - WTF? Seriously yourself. I have video of stuff that college professors (Meteorologist, Physcis, Biology) can't explain. They can't give me a earthy explanation of what I have captured. Not even swamp ass - I mean gas - I go with the more likley than not scenario.

But go ahead and beat your chest that you know it couldn't be.....

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 12:00 PM
I'm as open minded as the next guy, but Brainiac is right.

You can't admit to not knowing what something is and then claim it must be aliens. That's not a sound conclusion.

You simply don't know. That's it.

Fish
06-01-2015, 12:09 PM

Cattle mutilations have been debunked for decades. They've done multiple controlled experiments showing how easily insects, birds, and small animals can create what looks like a precise incision.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mydYc2usHEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 12:11 PM
No you are correct - they could be from an advanced civilization living under the ocean - WTF? Seriously yourself. I have video of stuff that college professors (Meteorologist, Physcis, Biology) can't explain. They can't give me a earthy explanation of what I have captured. Not even swamp ass - I mean gas - I go with the more likley than not scenario.

I never said it could not be aliens. I said a lack of understanding of what something is doesn't automatically mean that it's an alien. One hundred years ago people thought everything they didn't understand was a goblin, a witch, or a leprechaun.

I think you saw a witch flying on her broomstick. We've eliminated everything that can't be explained by the physics of this world, it's pretty obvious that it has to be a witch flying on her broomstick.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Cattle mutilations have been debunked for decades. They've done multiple controlled experiments showing how easily insects, birds, and small animals can create what looks like a precise incision.

<IFRAME height=510 src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mydYc2usHEg" frameBorder=0 width=854 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Debunked for decades - yet still open investigations in local Sheriff/Police agencies....

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 12:21 PM
I never said it could not be aliens. I said a lack of understanding of what something is doesn't automatically mean that it's an alien. One hundred years ago people thought everything they didn't understand was a goblin, a witch, or a leprechaun.

I think you saw a witch flying on her broomstick. We've eliminated everything that can't be explained by the physics of this world, it's pretty obvious that it has to be a witch flying on her broomstick.

Well since we all know witches don't exist here ...she must be an alien ... or is it he...that would have been a wizard right?

I have done my due diligence I looked for months for any explanation I could come up with to give it an earthly explanation....nothing....does that mean that every "unexplained" phenomena is alien? No. But I guarandamntee you that what I have seen and captured (on video) was not of this world

Fish
06-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Debunked for decades - yest still open investigations in local Sheriff/Police agencies....

Are you making inferences on alien life using open police investigations?

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 12:26 PM
A recent article discussing an investigation

SAN LUIS — Manuel Sanchez tucks his leathery hands into well-worn pockets and nods toward a cedar tree where, last month, he found his fourth mysteriously slaughtered calf in as many weeks.
"I have no idea what could do this. I wish I did," he says.
Four calves, all killed overnight. Their innards gone. Tongues sliced out. Udders carefully removed. Facial skin sliced and gone. Eyes cored away. Not a single track surrounding the carcasses, which were found in pastures locked behind two gates and a mile from any road. Not a drop of blood on the ground or even on the remaining skin.

In his life in the piñon-patched pastures where his father and grandfather raised cattle, the 72-year-old Sanchez has seen mountain lions and coyotes kill cattle, elk and deer. He's seen birds scavenge carcasses. He's heard of thieves slaughtering livestock in the field for their meat. He can't explain what he saw last month.

"A lion will drag its kill. Coyotes rip and tear flesh. These were perfect cuts — like with a laser or like a scalpel. And what would take the waste — all the guts — and leave the nice, tender meat?" Sanchez says, as he nudges his old Ford through rutted trails, rosary beads swinging from his rearview mirror. "No tracks. No blood. No nothing. I got nothing to go by. They don't leave no trace."

Every rancher who has reported similar cattle deaths — and there have been at least eight such deaths in southern Colorado this year — uses the same description.
"They just stripped this one," says Tom Miller, who in March was one of three ranchers near Trinidad who discovered mutilated cattle.

Cow raises the alarm

One morning, he went out to his concrete troughs to feed his herd of about 80 red and black Angus cows and calves. The herd was racing about. A cow that a week before had birthed a calf was bellowing, "raising all kind of devil," Miller says.

There by the trough — past the locked gate a quarter-mile from U.S. 350 east of Hoehne — was the calf. Its front legs and torso were gone. Its back legs were hanging by hide to a shattered pelvis and a meatless backbone. Miller thought a pack of coyotes had torn into the calf the night before.

Then he saw the ears: sliced off the head in circular, surgical-like cuts. He noticed that there were no tracks. And no blood anywhere.

"If anyone can show me how this happened, I will believe them. I know it's not coyotes, especially in one night. Only a human or something like that can cut the ears like that," says Miller, a 72-year-old rancher who was raised on the prairie bordering the Purgatoire River.

"If it was done by people, they sure went out of their way to bother and confuse me. And really, why? It doesn't make any sense."

Mysteriously mangled

Colorado Brand Inspector Dennis Williams came out and looked at Miller's calf. He lives next door; the calf would be the last of three strangely mutilated cattle that he would investigate in March of this year.
"I've heard about it. It was weird, to say the least. Totally unexplainable. To me, it looked like that calf had been dropped from a high distance, the way its hips were dislocated and all its broken bones," Williams says.
That same month, ranchers had called Williams to grisly scenes northeast of Aguilar and west of Weston to investigate mysteriously mangled cattle that had been seen healthy the day before.

To add to the weirdness, Sanchez, Miller and Mike Duran, who found a sliced Red Angus cow near Weston in March, have all experienced similar mutilations before. Sanchez lost cows in 2006 and 1993, Miller in 1997 and 1980, and Duran in 2000 and 1995.

"It's weird and unexplainable," says Duran, who lost a healthy 27-year-old Red Angus cow on March 8, her udder and rear end removed with what he describes as "laser cuts, like when somebody cuts metal with a torch."
Cops, like Williams and the ranchers, are stumped.

"We can't come up with anything," says Las Animas County sheriff's Deputy Derek Navarette, who investigated the Miller and Duran calves.
"We've seen these before and they are all kind of the same. No one has ever explained it. Northern New Mexico has had some of these same cases, and in those cases they never got any further than we did."

Predators ruled out
Chuck Zukowski of Colorado Springs investigated three of the eight mutilated cows in southern Colorado this year. The amateur UFO investigator and reserve deputy in El Paso County documents each scene, testing for radiation and scanning carcasses with ultraviolet light.

Despite his extraterrestrial inclinations, Zukowski's studies — found on his ufonut.com (http://ufonut.com/) website — fall short of concluding anything paranormal. He seems certain all the animals he studied were killed and drained before they were sliced, which explains the lack of blood found near the animals.
The way the tongues were sliced off in straight lines back behind the teeth indicates it is not a predator kill, he says.

"I'm looking for obvious things," Zukowski says. "I don't like to say aliens did it. There are just too many unknowns. I like to lean on human intervention until I actually see a UFO come down and take a cow."
Sanchez is a salt-of-the-earth-type fellow who put three kids through college running cattle. Yet, he says he and his wife marveled at incandescent blue lights hovering over a ridge near his pastures in July and August. He declined to speculate about the lights.

"I just say the truth and that's what I saw," he says.

Duran, on the other hand, is willing to take the next step. He's looked at it from every angle, he says. If it wasn't human and wasn't a predator, he says, there's only one other option.

"I do believe it was UFOs. This universe is so big, a lot of people think we are the only ones here," he says, declining to guess why aliens harbor such bloody disdain for bovines.

"I bet there is something out there."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13956752

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Are you making inferences on alien life using open police investigations?

I think you are trying to be funny - but I'm not sure what you are getting at there -

srvy
06-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Well since we all know witches don't exist here ...she must be an alien ... or is it he...that would have been a wizard right?

I have done my due diligence I looked for months for any explanation I could come up with to give it an earthly explanation....nothing....does that mean that every "unexplained" phenomena is alien? No. But I guarandamntee you that what I have seen and capture was not of this world

Captured like on video or stills? Please do share would love to see.

Fish
06-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I think you are trying to be funny - but I'm not sure what you are getting at there -

That open police investigations aren't proof of the existence of aliens. That there already exists proof of what causes "Cattle mutilations", and it has nothing to do with aliens from other galaxies stealing cow parts.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 12:40 PM
That open police investigations aren't proof of the existence of aliens. That there already exists proof of what causes "Cattle mutilations", and it has nothing to do with aliens from other galaxies stealing cow parts.

I never said they were- you said cattle mutilations were "debunked". All I'm saying is that if they were debunked then why bother opening an investigation? We know the cause is insects so go back to your ranch and file an insurance claim. Obviously it's more than insects....

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Captured like on video or stills? Please do share would love to see.

Video - on an old Mini DV cassette - I'll have to dig around for it and figure out how to covert it to digital

Fish
06-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I never said they were- you said cattle mutilations were "debunked". All I'm saying is that if they were debunked then why bother opening an investigation? We know the cause is insects so go back to your ranch and file an insurance claim. Obviously it's more than insects....

They have been debunked. Why bother opening an investigation? I don't know. People are crazy. But life isn't the X-Files and open police investigations can't be used as proof of alien anything.

Go ahead and tell the insurance company that aliens are killing your cattle instead. See how much effort they put into not laughing at you....

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
They exist but mostly likely only in a 4th and 5th dimentional plane of our consciousness. Ask anyone who has ever had a strong Ayahuasca or DMT experience if aliens exist. The answer you get won't be what anyone who hasn't had those experiences would say. (And I'm not talking about some drugged out misfit types but rather highly functioning normal people who have had these experience....in particularly with Shamans in South America).

We all know much less than we think we do. So convinced that life as we see it is the ultimate reality...when many interesting and highly educated people will tell you its not. Mind you I have never had these experiences (yet) and certainly have never seen an alien but in talking with many people I have encountered and respect on this subject I believe there is much more to life then what we see with our 5 senses in our busy and stressed out lives.

Oh, and lastly...alien life forms have at one time physically lived on earth and helped shape our history. There are things that can't logically be explained otherwise. An interesting thought is IF Aliens did teach us about astronomy, mathematics, build pyramids, supply us with knowledge to grow, build and develop more as a species etc....would they be proud of us now?

http://www.garysoszynski.com/storage/THELINK.jpg

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 01:05 PM
They have been debunked. Why bother opening an investigation? I don't know. People are crazy. But life isn't the X-Files and open police investigations can't be used as proof of alien anything.

Go ahead and tell the insurance company that aliens are killing your cattle instead. See how much effort they put into not laughing at you....

:spock: you have no idea how police investigations work - Stooges

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 01:07 PM
We all know much less than we think we do. So convinced that life as we see it is the ultimate reality...when many interesting and highly educated people will tell you its not. Mind you I have never had these experiences (yet) and certainly have never seen an alien but in talking with many people I have encountered and respect on this subject I believe there is much more to life then what we see with our 5 senses in our busy and stressed out lives.

How can you be certain?

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 01:10 PM
I think the idea that an alien presence shaping human history is a fascinating one, but I'm skeptical. I think it's more likely that we just underestimate our ancestors.

I mean, for all intents and purposes humans 5,000 years ago were just as intelligent as we are today (correct me if I'm wrong), though far less educated and with less technology obviously.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 01:20 PM
How can you be certain?

First hand experience I would say. I know many people who have had experiences in South America with Ayahuasca and DMT with Shamans (a practice that has been done for thousands of years by the way by the indigenous people of the amazon in Brazil and Peru) and it changed their lives.

Very similar to stories of people who have had near death experiences. The first hand knowledge and experience gave them a peace about their life they didn't have before it. Often aliens appear with life messages for people during their experiences that help improve their lives in some meaningful way afterwards. Most will write it off as crazy but I have talked to and know enough people who have done it to believe it.

I intend on doing some ceremonies in the future but wanted to research it extensively first. Its some interesting shit, if you haven't done so you should check it out with an open mind. The way I look at it, it doesn't hurt to research it. Many people have seen aliens during their "enhanced" dream (which is really what an Ayahuasca experience is) and communicate with them telepathically....not through spoken language....in fact everyone who has had the experience I have come across says the exact same thing. Its "trippy" (no pun intended) for sure. But if nothing else interesting as hell.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 01:26 PM
First hand experience I would say. I know many people who have had experiences in South America with Ayahuasca and DMT with Shamans (a practice that has been done for thousands of years by the way by the indigenous people of the amazon in Brazil and Peru) and it changed their lives.

Very similar to stories of people who have had near death experiences. The first hand knowledge and experience gave them a peace about their life they didn't have before it. Often aliens appear with life messages for people during their experiences that help improve their lives in some meaningful way afterwards. Most will write it off as crazy but I have talked to and know enough people who have done it to believe it.

I intend on doing some ceremonies in the future but wanted to research it extensively first. Its some interesting shit, if you haven't done so you should check it out with an open mind. The way I look at it, it doesn't hurt to research it. Many people have seen aliens during their "enhanced" dream (which is really what an Ayahuasca experience is) and communicate with them telepathically....not through spoken language....in fact everyone who has had the experience I have come across says the exact same thing. Its "trippy" (no pun intended) for sure. But if nothing else interesting as hell.

I have always wanted to get in on some Native American ceremonies - there is some amazing stuff that people who are in tune with th earth can teach us technology people

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 01:30 PM

You said you "certainly have never seen an alien". I asked how you can be certain.

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 01:32 PM
That all sounds cool and all but you also can't be certain of anything that you experience during a hallucinogenic episode...

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 01:36 PM
That all sounds cool and all but you also can't be certain of anything that you experience during a hallucinogenic episode...

Did you take the red pill or the blue one?

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Did you take the red pill or the blue one?

The logical one.

You like to think yourself open minded but in reality you're just as close minded as someone who is certain you didn't see anything alien.

Fish
06-01-2015, 01:49 PM
:spock: you have no idea how police investigations work - Stooges

Maybe not, but I'm still very certain they're not proof of aliens sneaking around stealing bovine buttholes.

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2015, 02:07 PM
They exist but mostly likely only in a 4th and 5th dimentional plane of our consciousness. Ask anyone who has ever had a strong Ayahuasca or DMT experience if aliens exist. The answer you get won't be what anyone who hasn't had those experiences would say. (And I'm not talking about some drugged out misfit types but rather highly functioning normal people who have had these experience....in particularly with Shamans in South America).

Oh, and lastly...alien life forms have at one time physically lived on earth and helped shape our history. There are things that can't logically be explained otherwise. An interesting thought is IF Aliens did teach us about astronomy, mathematics, build pyramids, supply us with knowledge to grow, build and develop more as a species etc....would they be proud of us now?

http://www.garysoszynski.com/storage/THELINK.jpg

I'd love for this to be proven true, if for nothing else than to watch religious nutbag's belief system crumble around them. :D

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 02:08 PM
The logical one.

You like to think yourself open minded but in reality you're just as close minded as someone who is certain you didn't see anything alien.

True...i can't be certain....not that i know of I haven't anyway :thumb:

Fish
06-01-2015, 02:09 PM

What things have no explanation other than alien intervention?

ptlyon
06-01-2015, 02:18 PM

Todd Blackledge

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Maybe not, but I'm still very certain they're not proof of aliens sneaking around stealing bovine buttholes.

I never said it was - you are imagining me saying that - All I said was if all cattle mutilations were debunked then police wouldn't bother opening an investigation.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 02:28 PM
The logical one.

No one here has seen what I have seen - so it's a little illogical to be certain I didn't see anything....

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 02:42 PM
No one here has seen what I have seen - so it's a little illogical to be certain I didn't see anything....

I don't think anyone's arguing that you didn't see something.

You saw something. You saw something strange. You saw something you can't explain.. That doesn't mean it was aliens.

Fish
06-01-2015, 02:43 PM
I never said it was - you are imagining me saying that - All I said was if all cattle mutilations were debunked then police wouldn't bother opening an investigation.

But that doesn't make any sense at all. UFO/Alien autopsy has been debunked as the source for cattle mutilations. But that doesn't mean that police shouldn't investigate any suspicious cattle deaths anymore. What if some idiot is out there actually killing cattle trying to make it look like some crazy UFO conspiracy? There are many reasons for a police investigation that have nothing at all to do with UFOs. Which is why the existence of a police report fails as evidence of aliens.

ModSocks
06-01-2015, 02:46 PM
But I guarandamntee you that what I have seen and captured (on video) was not of this world

So what's the story and where's the video?

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 02:49 PM
What does your police training tell you about the reliability of eyewitness testimony?

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 02:49 PM
But that doesn't make any sense at all. UFO/Alien autopsy has been debunked as the source for cattle mutilations.

You said " it has been debunked that animals and bugs make the kind of marks left on the cattle" So if we scientifically know that:

A: Bugs and animals make these marks
B: There is no evidence of human presence (footprints, tire tracks etc) around the livestock

Then there is no cause for a police investigation. It's a pretty simple concept. That doesn't automatically mean that it's aliens. What it doesn't mean is that it's not a clear cut case of crazy west nile mosquitoes devouring a cattle out the the rage in their tiny brain.

ModSocks
06-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Video - on an old Mini DV cassette - I'll have to dig around for it and figure out how to covert it to digital

Mini-DV? We used those back in HS. We used Mac products and it was pretty simple. Just connect a "Firewire" to the device and hit export.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 02:51 PM
I don't think anyone's arguing that you didn't see something.

You saw something. You saw something strange. You saw something you can't explain.. That doesn't mean it was aliens.

I saw something I can't explain and showed it to several experts in fields of study that might have had some clue...and nada

ModSocks
You said " it has been debunked that animals and bugs make the kind of marks left on the cattle" So if we scientifically know that:

B: There is no evidence of human presence (footprints, tire tracks etc) around the livestock

Then there is no cause for a police investigation. It's a pretty simple concept. That doesn't automatically mean that it's aliens. What it doesn't mean is that it's not a clear cut case of crazy west nile mosquitoes devouring a cattle out the the rage in their tiny brain.

Story. Tell it. What did you see and record?

ModSocks
I saw something I can't explain and showed it to several experts in fields of study that might have had some clue...and nada

Ok. Tell the story.

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Mini-DV? We used those back in HS. We used Mac products and it was pretty simple. Just connect a "Firewire" to the device and hit export.

Don't own the device anymore - I think it went in the trash many years ago - but you see the flak I'm getting already - I'm not going there - I let it go long ago - but it is fun discussion

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 02:53 PM
What does your police training tell you about the reliability of eyewitness testimony?

When the eyewitness is a recording camera? Invaluable.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 02:54 PM

Well id say there are a lot of things that are unexplained to say the least. If you can explain to me logically how the pyramids were built 5000 years ago with no machines I'm all ears...that is probably the simplest example of dozens. There are ancient structures with precisions cuts that could only be made by the most advanced machinery we use today.....thousands of years ago. How high in the mountains is Machu Picchu again? Pretty damn high to be building with stones that size that weren't from that location etc... ....ancient compass watches with advanced astrological detail from thousands of years ago...ancient maps found frozen showing precise advanced details of all 7 continents from hundreds of years ago, a time long before Antartica was even discovered....lots of speculation that the idea of the computer chip was found in Roswell etc...on and on. Pieces of technology "left behind" far beyond the days & times they were found in. Lets just say assistance from more advanced beings would make a lot more sense than people 5000 years ago doing such things. You could pick out dozens of things and debate for hours and still come to the conclusion being "unknown"

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 02:55 PM
When the eyewitness is a recording camera? Invaluable.
Dude, you can't have it both ways. You say you have a video, but you seem awfully reluctant to produce said video. So now we are back to eyewitness testimony only, which has been proven time and time again to be practically worthless.

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Well id say there are a lot of things that are unexplained to say the least. If you can explain to me logically how the pyramids were built 5000 years ago with no machines I'm all ears...that is probably the simplest example of dozens. There are ancient structures with precisions cuts that could only be made by the most advanced machinery we use today.....thousands of years ago. How high in the mountains is Machu Picchu again? Pretty damn high to be building with stones that size that weren't from that location etc... lets just say assistance from more advanced beings would make a lot more sense than people 5000 years ago doing such things. Pieces of technology "left behind" far beyond that times they were found in......lots of speculation that the idea of the computer chip was found in Roswell etc...on and on. You could pick out dozens of things and debate for hours and still come to the conclusion being "unknown"
No, it was aliens I tell ya, it was aliens!

ModSocks
06-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Don't own the device anymore - I think it went in the trash many years ago - but you see the flak I'm getting already - I'm not going there - I let it go long ago - but it is fun discussion

Who cares what others saying. Im legitimately curious to what you saw. Please, share the story. At the very least, PM me.

BTW, i can get the footage off the Mini-DV for you.

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Well id say there are a lot of things that are unexplained to say the least. If you can explain to me logically how the pyramids were built 5000 years ago with no machines I'm all ears...that is probably the simplest example of dozens. There are ancient structures with precisions cuts that could only be made by the most advanced machinery we use today.....thousands of years ago. How high in the mountains is Machu Picchu again? Pretty damn high to be building with stones that size that weren't from that location etc... lets just say assistance from more advanced beings would make a lot more sense than people 5000 years ago doing such things. Pieces of technology "left behind" far beyond that times they were found in......lots of speculation that the idea of the computer chip was found in Roswell etc...on and on. You could pick out dozens of things and debate for hours and still come to the conclusion being "unknown"
Did you ever notice how closely the space helmets on the original Battlestar Galactica resemble the Sphinx? That is pretty clear proof that aliens built the pyramids.

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Who cares what others saying. Im legitimately curious to what you saw. Please, share the story. At the very least, PM me.

BTW, i can get the footage off the Mini-DV for you.
If DenverChief wants to make the claim that he has proof on the video, and then he refuses to produce the video, he loses all credibility.

Fish
06-01-2015, 03:01 PM

That's pretty dumb reasoning. Are you just going to assume that every cattle mutilation leaves no evidence then? Just going to take the farmer's word that there's no evidence? Leave the evidence determination in the hands of the civilian making the report? Really?

Lex Luthor
06-01-2015, 03:06 PM
I'd love for this to be proven true, if for nothing else than to watch religious nutbag's belief system crumble around them. :D

There is no difference between the two. Each uses the argument from ignorance fallacy to claim that their lack of understanding of something is proof that either a deity or an alien was involved. It's exactly the same.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Roswell supposedly contained valuable in formation....thats was in 1947 correct? Less than 10 years later space travel started. Coincidence?

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 03:11 PM
That's pretty dumb reasoning. Are you just going to assume that every cattle mutilation leaves no evidence then? Just going to take the farmer's word that there's no evidence? Leave the evidence determination in the hands of the civilian making the report? Really?

Holy shit snacks batman - like I said you don't understand how police investigations work - and you are just making stabs into the dark

DenverChief
06-01-2015, 03:13 PM
If DenverChief wants to make the claim that he has proof on the video, and then he refuses to produce the video, he loses all credibility.

I refuse to produce the video.....I'm at work right now....you are more than welcome to come over after and we can have a beer while going through literally hundreds of boxes in my basement (no promises on not running into butt slammers IV) to find one video cassette tape. I mean it's reasonable that I couldn't produce my video within the first 3 hours of this discussion, no?

Fish
06-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Well id say there are a lot of things that are unexplained to say the least. If you can explain to me logically how the pyramids were built 5000 years ago with no machines I'm all ears...that is probably the simplest example of dozens. There are ancient structures with precisions cuts that could only be made by the most advanced machinery we use today.....thousands of years ago. How high in the mountains is Machu Picchu again? Pretty damn high to be building with stones that size that weren't from that location etc... ....ancient compass watches with advanced astrological detail from thousands of years ago...ancient maps found frozen showing precise advanced details of all 7 continents from hundreds of years ago, a time long before Antartica was even discovered....lots of speculation that the idea of the computer chip was found in Roswell etc...on and on. Pieces of technology "left behind" far beyond the days & times they were found in. Lets just say assistance from more advanced beings would make a lot more sense than people 5000 years ago doing such things. You could pick out dozens of things and debate for hours and still come to the conclusion being "unknown"

Obviously you give our distant ancestors a lot less credit than I do with regards to their capabilities. I don't really see the pyramids as being impossible to build without machinery. Here's a good description of it: http://www.livescience.com/32616-how-were-the-egyptian-pyramids-built-.html

The idea that the computer chip was found, and not created, is pretty insulting to a lot of people that put a great deal of effort into its creation. Things like this have a long and very detailed history of their existence. There are exactly zero pieces of current technology that couldn't be traced back to their human inception. To state otherwise is just Tsoukalos inspired nonsense. If you really think there are dozens of things that are debatable regarding their existence outside of human means, then list of a few and let's look at them individually. Let's test your theory that assistance from outside the human civilization makes more sense than human beings being responsible for them.

JohnnyHammersticks
06-01-2015, 03:16 PM
My stance on aliens is the 3 point stance. It's a good, balanced stance that you can really fire out of and level them from. Just remember to keep your head on a swivel.

Rain Man
06-01-2015, 03:24 PM
My stance on aliens is the 3 point stance. It's a good, balanced stance that you can really fire out of and level them from. Just remember to keep your head on a swivel.

My stance on aliens would definitely not be 'bent over'. That's just asking for a probing.

JohnnyHammersticks
06-01-2015, 03:27 PM
My stance on aliens would definitely not be 'bent over'. That's just asking for a probing.

That's why you gotta keep your head on a swivel.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Obviously you give our distant ancestors a lot less credit than I do with regards to their capabilities. I don't really see the pyramids as being impossible to build without machinery. Here's a good description of it: http://www.livescience.com/32616-how-were-the-egyptian-pyramids-built-.html

The idea that the computer chip was found, and not created, is pretty insulting to a lot of people that put a great deal of effort into its creation. Things like this have a long and very detailed history of their existence. There are exactly zero pieces of current technology that couldn't be traced back to their human inception. To state otherwise is just Tsoukalos inspired nonsense. If you really think there are dozens of things that are debatable regarding their existence outside of human means, then list of a few and let's look at them individually. Let's test your theory that assistance from outside the human civilization makes more sense than human beings being responsible for them.

Ok so i'll go a little simpler here....there are 300 BILLION STARS in the Milky Way Galaxy alone...and there are MORE THAN 100 BILLION GALAXIES in the Universe. Are you really THAT sure this little planet called Earth, the 3rd planet from our 1 sun is the only or most intelligent life there is? That's kind of an arrogant way to think is it not? Its not even logical to believe actually

ModSocks
06-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Ok so i'll go a little simpler here....there are 300 BILLION STARS in the Milky Way Galaxy alone...and there are MORE THAN 100 BILLION GALAXIES in the Universe. Are you really THAT sure this little planet called Earth, the 3rd planet from our 1 sun is the only or most intelligent life there is? That's kind of an arrogant way to think is it not? Its not even logical to believe actually

That's not the argument though. Not even close.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Some people have a strong need for certainty...and only believe what they see with their eyes. We are NOT alone in this universe.

I'm not a vegas odds maker but 300,000,000,000 stars x <100,000,000,000 Galaxies is more than 300,000,000,000,000,000,000 other stars many of which have more planets than our 9 planet sun does. I'd say there a DAMN good chance we aren't alone. Hell there is a better chance i'll win the lottery every year for the rest of my life than there is of us being the only life in the universe

Fish
06-01-2015, 03:52 PM

On the contrary, I'm fairly certain that there is life out there somewhere in the universe. I'd bet everything I have on that being true. But that's a very different thing than saying aliens have already visited here, and gave us toys and pyramids. You said it made more sense to believe that aliens helped build the pyramids than the idea that humans built it by themselves. That's the part I'm shaking my head at...

eDave
06-01-2015, 03:53 PM
ROFL

Now I know you're just trolling us.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

But I did see it. It's been part of my life since then. You had to be there.

EDIT: Rethinking, I was more like 13 at the time.

loochy
06-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Magnets.

How do they work?

lewdog
06-01-2015, 03:59 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

But I did see it. It's been part of my life since then. You had to be there.

EDIT: Rethinking, I was more like 13 at the time.

Did they rip right through your pants or did they ask you to take them off to get to your bunger?

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 04:07 PM
On the contrary, I'm fairly certain that there is life out there somewhere in the universe. I'd bet everything I have on that being true. But that's a very different thing than saying aliens have already visited here, and gave us toys and pyramids. You said it made more sense to believe that aliens helped build the pyramids than the idea that humans built it by themselves. That's the part I'm shaking my head at...

I believe there is more intelligent life than us and that we have been visited...this is correct. And i also believe they are watching us and they are NOT happy. And they KNOW those who don't believe in them and in fact are reading your words and when they come back here and show up at your door beat yo ass don't say i didn't warn ya alright? :thumb:

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 04:08 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WfGMYdalClU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What the aliens will do when they come back (see the end) GREAT video!

eDave
06-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Did they rip right through your pants or did they ask you to take them off to get to your bunger?

Lew, with all due respect, you are out of line here. This is a sensitive incident, one that has affected me to great degree throughout my life. So much so that I have chosen to bare it here. To you. So I assume your question is in the same vein.

My connection was solely visual. The introduction of bunger probing would come much later when I started dating your mom.

Boom nigga!

lewdog
06-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Lew, with all due respect, you are out of line here. This is a sensitive incident, one that has affected me to great degree throughout my life. So much so that I have chosen to bare it here. To you. So I assume your question is in the same vein.

My connection was solely visual. The introduction of bunger probing would come much later when I started dating your mom.

Boom ****a!

My mom died when I was born. Thanks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Here's my experience :

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6776690#post6776690

loochy
06-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Here's my experience :

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6776690#post6776690

Ok, so you have no experience with aliens. Got it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Ok, so you have no experience with aliens. Got it.

Dude ! There are multiple things I don't remember and I've had anal leakage ever since.

srvy
06-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Dude ! There are multiple things I don't remember and I've had anal leakage ever since.

That is called a colonoscopy.

loochy
06-01-2015, 07:33 PM

Or an experience with prison bitch

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-01-2015, 07:36 PM

Oh, yeah, well I guess I'm good then. Fuckin Aliens !

srvy
06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Oh, yeah, well I guess I'm good then. Fuckin Aliens !

Higher intelligence. They know so much more about the ass than we do and their desire for knowledge of asses will never be dampened.

This is why I am quiet sure Cosmo is an Alien living among us.

tiptap
06-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Magnets.

How do they work?

The limit in speed of light, think of it as a shadow of the electric field but with a kick. Like a trampoline. Does that help?

Dave Lane
06-01-2015, 09:32 PM

In the PC world I've been around since the beginning. I've written on the history and development of the transistor, which is the precursor to the IC chip. The pyramids have hieroglyphics inside them that say built by Cheops gang. They were built by man. These I know from study, so you can drop them off the list.

Iowanian
06-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Davelane lives for the night he gets a prostate exam from ET's big red finger.

Rain Man
06-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Magnets.

How do they work?

I'm convinced that magnets are anti-gravity fields and scientists just haven't put two and two together yet. I want to write a paper about it.

Rain Man
06-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Davelane lives for the night he gets a prostate exam from ET's big red finger.

Well, in fairness it would be rather momentous. It'd be a story that you'd tell for the rest of your life.

DenverChief
06-02-2015, 03:17 PM
https://youtu.be/72Ws_OXG4oc

<IFRAME height=315 src="<a href=" width=420 target="_blank" 72Ws_OXG4oc? embed www.youtube.com https:>https://www.youtube.com/embed/72Ws_OXG4oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

are we not embedding youtube anymore?

ptlyon
06-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Well, in fairness it would be rather momentous. It'd be a story that you'd tell for the rest of your life.

Problem is, the rest of your life won't be very long once it finds out what's in there

Easy 6
06-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Its pretty hilarious that some people want to slam my "appeal to the authority" of people like the highest military officer in the US, or the head of the CIA... but then they turn right around and quote Neil Tyson as a rebuttal.

If "appeals to authority" are good enough for them, they're good enough for me.

"For the government to continue to maintain that ufo's are nonexistent in the face of documents already released and other cogent evidence presented, is puerile and in a sense an insult to the American people".

"I have begun to feel that there is a tendency in 20th century science to forget that there will be a 21st century science, and indeed a 30th century science, from which vantage points of our knowledge of our universe may appear quite different than it does to us. We suffer perhaps, from a temporal provincialism, a form of arrogance that has always irritated posterity".

"Ridicule is not part of the scientific method and the public should not be taught that it is".

Those are three quotes from J. Allen Hynek, one of the leading scientists for Project Blue Book.

"I know other astronauts share my feelings, and we know that the government is sitting on hard evidence of ufo's". - Colonel Gordon Cooper.

"The phenomenon of ufo's does exist, and it must be treated seriously". - Mikhail Gorbachev

"Interstellar space flight is far beyond our present our present technical capabilities, but there seems to be no fundamental physical objections to preclude, from our own vantage point, the possibility of its development by other civilizations". - Carl Sagan

"I would do it (study ufo's), but before agreeing to do it, we must insist on full access to the disc recovered. For instance in the L.A. case, the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination". - J. Edgar Hoover

"Its time for the truth to be brought out... behind the scenes high ranking Air Force personnel are soberly concerned about the ufo's. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the ufo's are nonsense. I urge immediate congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about ufo's". Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first director of the CIA 1947-1950

So again, no amount of disbelief can change their words... this is my last post here, dont know why I even bother, but theres plenty more where these came from for the enquiring minds who arent so sure they have it all figured out.

salame
06-02-2015, 05:10 PM
they are real and they are scary

stevieray
06-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Its pretty hilarious that some people want to slam my "appeal to the authority" of people like the highest military officer in the US, or the head of the CIA... but then they turn right around and quote Neil Tyson as a rebuttal.

"For the government to continue to maintain that ufo's are nonexistent in the face of documents already released and other cogent evidence presented, is puerile and in a sense an insult to the American people".

"I have begun to feel that there is a tendency in 20th century science to forget that there will be a 21st century science, and indeed a 30th century science, from which vantage points of our knowledge of our universe may appear quite different than it does to us. We suffer perhaps, from a temporal provincialism, a form of arrogance that has always irritated posterity".

"Ridicule is not part of the scientific method and the public should not be taught that it is".

Those are three quotes from J. Allen Hynek, one of the leading scientists for Project Blue Book.

"I know other astronauts share my feelings, and we know that the government is sitting on hard evidence of ufo's". - Colonel Gordon Cooper.

"The phenomenon of ufo's does exist, and it must be treated seriously". - Mikhail Gorbachev

"Interstellar space flight is far beyond our present our present technical capabilities, but there seems to be no fundamental physical objections to preclude, from our own vantage point, the possibility of its development by other civilizations". - Carl Sagan

"I would do it (study ufo's), but before agreeing to do it, we must insist on full access to the disc recovered. For instance in the L.A. case, the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination". - J. Edgar Hoover

"Its time for the truth to be brought out... behind the scenes high ranking Air Force personnel are soberly concerned about the ufo's. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the ufo's are nonsense. I urge immediate congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about ufo's". Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first director of the CIA 1947-1950

So again, no amount of disbelief can change their words... this is my last post here, dont know why I even bother, but theres plenty more where these came from for the enquiring minds who arent so sure they have it all figured out.

the quote of Neal's pretty much says he prolly shouldn't ever debate the subject of God.

Easy 6
06-02-2015, 05:32 PM
the quote of Neal's pretty much says he prolly shouldn't ever debate the subject of God.

I forget exactly what his quote was, but he's very much the typical scientist in that respect... if they cant put it under a microscope... or kinda more to the point, dont want to put it under their microscope for fear of ridicule, then it doesnt exist.

Thank God for guys like Friedman, Hynek and Kelleher.

eDave
06-02-2015, 05:45 PM
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/72Ws_OXG4oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Advanced hologram technology; nothing to see here folks. (literally)

Easy 6
06-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Advanced hologram technology; nothing to see here folks. (literally)

So, even back in the 40's-50's-60's it was all just an incredibly complex and technologically waaay ahead of its time government hoax?

Its fooled astronauts and Blue Book scientists, among others?

Thats ****ing impressive, seriously.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2015, 06:18 PM
So, even back in the 40's-50's-60's it was all just an incredibly complex and technologically waaay ahead of its time government hoax?

Its fooled astronauts and Blue Book scientists, among others?

Thats ****ing impressive, seriously.

Much like an Alex Smith-led Chiefs, I do not believe.

Fish
06-02-2015, 07:20 PM

It's funny that when you get called out for the logical fallacy of Appeal to Authority, you double down with even more Appeal to Authority...

I never mentioned NDT, but it's nice that you admit to the logical fallacy...

Easy 6
06-02-2015, 07:28 PM
It's funny that when you get called out for the logical fallacy of Appeal to Authority, you double down with even more Appeal to Authority...

I never mentioned NDT, but it's nice that you admit to the logical fallacy...

How about you stop talking about logical fallacies and try to refute the quoted persons, try to change their words through a series of mental gymnastics... and when you're finished, please quote the black science dude as a rebuttal.

Thank you.

Dave Lane
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Roswell supposedly contained valuable in formation....thats was in 1947 correct? Less than 10 years later space travel started. Coincidence?

Listen aliens that crashed their craft aren't going to have anything valuable on board that we could utilize. If they're too stupid to land their craft after a multi trillion mile journey I have no interest in what they have.

Dave Lane
06-02-2015, 07:43 PM
And why the fuck do people keep thinking UFOs are going to hover a few hundred feet up. That has to be the stupidest idea ever. We can read a license plate from space but these advanced creatures have to hover 500 feet off the ground. Retarded.