PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Latest NFL Power Rankings: Peter King must be a Cheifs fan

loochy
06-01-2015, 08:05 AM
He gave the Chiefs some big love in his latest power rankings.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/01/nfl-power-rankings-peter-king-daughter-wedding/

1. Baltimore (10-6). Why? I trust John Harbaugh to find answers in a league devoid of a truly great team. I trust the running game to take pressure off Joe Flacco until he develops chemistry with new receivers, and I trust Dean Pees to replace Haloti Ngata with a combination platter of front-seven changeups. This is a battle-tested team that had two 14-point playoff leads in Foxboro last January. I just think the Ravens will find a way.

2. Seattle (12-4). The addition of Jimmy Graham means so much. He could mean a third straight Super Bowl trip. There’s little reason to doubt Seattle, except the loss of some key defensive pieces, including coordinator Dan Quinn. But it’s hard to stay on top in the NFL for even three years.

3. Green Bay (12-4). The secondary worries me, as does the pass rush. The Pack’s a trendy pick to get to the Super Bowl, and it wouldn’t surprise me, but a lot will have to go right on defense for that to happen.

4. Kansas City (9-7). Two things must happen: making Justin Houston contractually happy and finding some answers in the passing game. I like most everything else about the Chiefs’ ability to play in January.

5. New England (12-4). I don’t care if Damon Huard plays the first four games. Pats will win 11. Or more.

6. Minnesota (7-9). This is reliant on so many things. Adrian Peterson showing up number one. But finding a consistent pass-rush is key too, as is the continued maturity of Teddy Bridgewater. I pick the Vikes here because if you ask me for one rising team if two or three vital things go right, I’m picking Minnesota.

7. Philadelphia (10-6). Mike Trout says: In Chip We Trust. For the Eagles to be seventh in the NFL, he’s going to have to say: In Sam Bradford We Trust.

8. Pittsburgh (11-5). Like Antonio Brown a lot. Like Ben Roethlisberger a lot. But this faith is subject heavily to the ascension of Keith Butler to defensive coordinator after 16 seasons as a defensive assistant below the coordinator level. Mike Tomlin is putting tremendous faith in Butler, who replaces Hall of Famer Dick LeBeau, to be a breath of fresh and productive air. Risky move, and early returns are good. But early returns come in shorts and T-shirts on the South Side of Pittsburgh, not on a cruel Thursday night in Foxboro.

9. Denver (12-4). The Ryan Clady injury shows what a house of cards this offensive line was. (Of course, any team can say losing the left tackle is a crippler, and it is.) But when your quarterback is 39 and cannot roll out and escape the rush, it’s triply important.

10. Arizona (11-5). Maybe the most intriguing team in football. If Carson Palmer stays healthy and productive, the Cards can fight Seattle until Week 17. But we all know Carson Palmer’s health is one of the biggest ifs in the NFL.

BigChiefFan
06-01-2015, 08:11 AM
An interesting read.

BossChief
06-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Interesting

Edit: :banghead:

ptlyon
06-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Damon Huard ROFL

dallaschiefsfan
06-01-2015, 08:37 AM
If I recall, King is usually neutral towards us. However, I find most of these writers get a woody for certain coaches more than the team. More than likely, Andy Reid is the reason we get some favorable press from some of these guys. No idea whether King is one of Andy's fans.

58-4ever
06-01-2015, 08:41 AM
I think we'll be a sexy pick to win the division by several writers.

Fairplay
06-01-2015, 08:58 AM
number 4

lol

RealSNR
06-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Philadelphia is #7.

I'd take these rankings with a grain of salt

the Talking Can
06-01-2015, 09:03 AM
31. Oakland (3-13). It’s not that I don’t trust Derek Carr. It’s that I don’t trust Derek Carr’s health after what I’ve read about the problems with a finger on his throwing hand.

hmmm...

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Those rankings are terrible, even for an offseason version.

Deberg_1990
06-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Philadelphia is #7.

King Loves gargling Chip Kelly's nuts

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Sounds about right. Need an asterisk next to the Pats though.

MahiMike
06-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I was feeling good until I saw Minnesota in that list.

Shox
06-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Ok I will ask it.

Why are we power ranked high, but only predicting a 9-7 record?

Eleazar
06-01-2015, 09:48 AM
I like most everything else about the Chiefs’ ability to play in January.

Peter King gonna Peter King.

T-Town
06-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Ok I will ask it.

Why are we power ranked high, but only predicting a 9-7 record?

9-7 was last years record

Hootie
06-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Philadelphia is #7.

Oh that's good to know

Shox
06-01-2015, 09:52 AM
9-7 was last years record

Thank you.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Well, we have the #6 most talented team so if he thinks the Coaching staff is top 5 then #4 is about right

RealSNR
06-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Oh that's good to know

I'm going to rape you with a giraffe

ptlyon
06-01-2015, 10:00 AM
I'm going to rape you with a giraffe

It's not rape if he wants it

Red Dawg
06-01-2015, 10:01 AM
I am the biggest KC fan alive but Peter is out of his mind.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2015, 10:03 AM
It's possible if all these adjustments we've made go right.

When was the last time every move went right though?

Long list of stuff that needs to hit.

loochy
06-01-2015, 10:03 AM
I am the biggest KC fan alive but Peter is out of his mind.

but dude we have CATAPANO

he can like work out really hard and stuff

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Sounds about right. Need an asterisk next to the Pats though.

Nah... Just a picture of the Lombardi trophy would be enough. :thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Too bad it's tainted so no one curr

listopencil
06-01-2015, 10:12 AM
It's not rape if he wants it

Hootie or the giraffe?

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Too bad it's tainted so no one curr

You clearly do. :p

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Hootie or the giraffe?

Mutual golden shower

DaneMcCloud
06-01-2015, 10:21 AM
The Chiefs left three wins on the table: At San Francisco, at Oakland and at Arizona. Had they won those games, they'd have been 12-4 and a playoff participant.

Instead, the Chiefs went 9-7 during a season in which they lost their three best run defenders in Berry, DeVito and Johnson. The offensive line was atrocious, they lost their deep threat (Donnie Avery) for most of the year with their #1 WR in Dwayne Bowe very ineffective. Due to high ankle sprain, Wilson and DAT were unavailable and/or ineffective for the first half of the season.

With the additions of Grubbs and Maclin, the offense has been been upgraded. With the return of DeVito and Johnson, the run defense should be improved. With an additional year in the system, Gaines, Fleming, Wilson and DAT should see their game elevated as should Jaye Howard and Dee Ford.

This is a very talented roster with a very talented coaching staff. Barring catastrophic injury, this team should finish 12-4 and if they get any production from their rookie class, maybe better.

siberian khatru
06-01-2015, 10:32 AM
This is a very talented roster with a very talented coaching staff. Barring catastrophic injury, this team should finish 12-4 and if they get any production from their rookie class, maybe better.

13-3!

Coochie liquor
06-01-2015, 10:36 AM
13-3!

How dare you!!:mad:

Garcia Bronco
06-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Wow...Pete and I think alike...I had you guys at number 5

MahiMike
06-01-2015, 10:58 AM
So I have 2 questions:

1. Where is the Superbowl next year?
2. How many tickets should we order?

ChiefGator
06-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Barring catastrophic injury, this team should finish 12-4 and if they get any production from their rookie class, maybe better.

I like your optimism, but honestly, to get to 12-4, I think we have to get production out of Conley.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
I like your optimism, but honestly, to get to 12-4, I think we have to get production out of Conley.

LMAO

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Philadelphia is #7.

yep...alot of strange picks. I don't see the Vikings as a top playoff team either. Indy is low and Cinci is low. I wouldnt crown us division champs over Denver yet...we gotta earn that right by beating them first regardless of Clady injury

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 11:39 AM
People are sleeping on the Dolphins as well

TLO
06-01-2015, 11:40 AM
10-6

ct
06-01-2015, 11:48 AM
wow, that entire ranking just screams of "i'm throwing out crazy shit just to get attention" to me

Hammock Parties
06-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Peter King is a fat co-conspirator from the Pioli Reich who only escaped execution from his war crimes because there wasn't enough hard evidence against him.

May a goat be the mother of his children.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Here's my top 10...

1. Seattle (no question about it)
2. Green Bay
3. Denver (provided #18 is healthy)
4. Indy (offensive machine/defense will figure out how to keep opponents under 30 points)
5. Baltimore
6. Dallas
7. Kansas City (Just a feeling)
8. Miami
9. Arizona
10. Cincinnati (went 8-0 at home...solid team)

other potential sleepers teams...New England (although obviously not a sleeper i see them slipping), Pittsburgh, SanDiego, NY Jets (that D is scary), Buffalo (again hard nosed D) and St. Louis for same reason, Phili, NY Giants.

anybody else who people think can contend to go far in playoffs? I just don't see Vikings as a top team. Although...who the hell knows what happens.

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 12:06 PM
The Vikings have a pretty good defense, an ascending QB, and (possibly) an elite RB.

I don't believe they'll do any serious damage this season but they could surprise some people.

Hootie
06-01-2015, 12:07 PM
if Denver is the 3rd best team there is no way KC will be top 10

we HAVE to beat Denver this year ... a split is fine ... but no more 0-2 against Denver if we want to be a serious playoff team

The Franchise
06-01-2015, 12:08 PM
The Vikings have a pretty good defense, an ascending QB, and (possibly) an elite RB.

I don't believe they'll do any serious damage this season but they could surprise some people.

And people underestimate the coaching staff of Zimmer and Turner.

ThaVirus
06-01-2015, 12:16 PM
And people underestimate the coaching staff of Zimmer and Turner.

Very true. If I were a Vikings fan, I think I'd be pleased with the overall direction of the team.

Unfortunately, they're in a division with Aaron Rodgers so their best hope is likely only a Wild Card berth.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 12:19 PM
anyone else think the Patriots don't win the AFC East? I think they are weakened and in a real tough division

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 12:22 PM
anyone else think the Patriots don't win the AFC East? I think they are weakened and in a real tough division

People say that same thing every offseason.

Hootie
06-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Good to see you're ok. I thought something bad happened when you weren't posting during the Brady cheating scandal

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2015, 12:26 PM
They done....unless they find a new way to cheat. Which they provide will.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 12:28 PM

we HAVE to beat Denver this year ... a split is fine ... but no more 0-2 against Denver if we want to be a serious playoff team

and why not? You think with Denvers o line they are better than Seattle or Green Bay? I don't. Chiefs top 10.....i really think thats a good possibility. In fact I think we can challenge. Cant be ranked over Denver until we beat them however.

I was actually debating on putting us behind Miami because they have the potential to be a great team...but I was ranking a bit with my heart. I think #7 may be generous but about right....but #4?? hell no

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 12:34 PM

Hey I can't disagree with that. New England makes it to the Super Bowl again and you may as well put Brady and Bellichick at the top of any list of the greatest. But as of now I'm saying the great defenses in that division give them some problems

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Good to see you're ok. I thought something bad happened when you weren't posting during the Brady cheating scandal

As I said, when I was here, I was busy for two weeks. I took time to stay around for a couple of hours one afternoon. Nobody had comments.

Troll better.

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Hey I can't disagree with that. New England makes it to the Super Bowl again and you may as well put Brady and Bellichick at the top of any list of the greatest. But as of now I'm saying the great defenses in that division give them some problems

I do like a lot of the moves that Buffalo and NY have done. It wouldn't surprise me if both of them, and maybe even the Dolphins too, end up as serious playoff contenders. I just don't think this is the year they knock off the Patriots. Until I see a QB in the division show that he can get it done, I'm just not buying it.

O.city
06-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Whi di the Pats plan to trot out there at corner?

DaneMcCloud
06-01-2015, 12:47 PM
I was actually debating on putting us behind Miami because they have the potential to be a great team

Joe Philbin is a mediocre head coach at best.

In a division with Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick (not to mention, Todd Bowles, who's been an excellent defensive coordinator for years), it'll be difficult for them to reach the playoffs.

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Whi di the Pats plan to trot out there at corner?

Puppies and reclamation projects. Most people up here are praying someone worth a damn gets cut by another team. Otherwise, it's down to hoping a guy like Bradley Fletcher can stop sucking and return to earlier form, and/or guys like Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan show to be legit starter quality players this year.

DaneMcCloud
06-01-2015, 12:54 PM
If Tom Brady misses the first four games of the season, it's conceivable that they start 1-3.

O.city
06-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Yuck.

The defense looks like a step back to me. I don't really like the Pats match up against those physical teams in the east

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Yuck.

The defense looks like a step back to me. I don't really like the Pats match up against those physical teams in the east

The Patriots lost Wilfork, Revis and Browner. Browner doesn't really matter without Revis, because of how he was being used, but the first two are losses that will have to be dealt with.

On the other hand, they've improved their LB and DE groups. My guess is that, as of now, they'll go back to a lot of zone coverage with the DBs, and rely on what should be a stronger pass rush, while hoping that either Brown or Siliga can serve as a satisfactory replacement for Wilfork, against the run.

Hootie
06-01-2015, 01:08 PM
and not to mention they'll cheat to win

The Franchise
06-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Well that's a given.

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 01:16 PM

You keep on trolling. I'll keep on enjoying the team that has 4 Lombardis since 2000, while you cry about a team that doesn't even have a single playoff win in that same time frame. :thumb:

Hootie
06-01-2015, 01:19 PM
they have the same amount of non-tarnished Lombardis so meh

Hootie
06-01-2015, 01:19 PM
I am jealous of the teams who have won that have done things the right way ... maybe someday

the patriots? nah. I don't respect cheaters.

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 01:21 PM

No, they've got 4 of them. That's 4 more than the Chiefs have playoff wins in that span.

Troll better.

Now, you're boring me with repetitions of the same stupidity you always spew. Get new material or we're done here.

RunKC
06-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Joe Philbin is a mediocre head coach at best.

In a division with Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick (not to mention, Todd Bowles, who's been an excellent defensive coordinator for years), it'll be difficult for them to reach the playoffs.

I would take Bowles over Rex and Philbin. I think he'so very underrated.

Hootie
06-01-2015, 01:22 PM
how many cheating scandals have they been convicted of over that time frame? 2 in less than a decade?

I doubt Tiger Woods only cheated on his wife 1 time.

I wonder how many other times the Pats have cheated to win games and weren't caught? I'd think just about every game.

but you're right, they do have * * * * more than KC

Hootie
06-01-2015, 01:24 PM
I'll give the Pats props, though. They've been the best at ruining the integrity of the game in professional sports. That's pretty neat.

DaneMcCloud
06-01-2015, 01:30 PM
I would take Bowles over Rex and Philbin. I think he'so very underrated.

Bowles is unproven. Rex took his Jets team to the AFC Championship in consecutive years with far less talent than he'll have in Buffalo. The Buffalo defense, if healthy, has a chance to challenge the 2000 Ravens. They're stocked and loaded.

If they can get anything from the QB position, they're a legit AFC title contender.

loochy
06-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I misspelled Chiefs in the thread title. Mods, will you fix it? Thanks in advance.

O.city
06-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Bowles is unproven. Rex took his Jets team to the AFC Championship in consecutive years with far less talent than he'll have in Buffalo. The Buffalo defense, if healthy, has a chance to challenge the 2000 Ravens. They're stocked and loaded.

If they can get anything from the QB position, they're a legit AFC title contender.

True, but he also ran that ship aground. If he let's someone else run the offense and he does the d, they could be really good.

I think the east will.be a good race this year. The dolphins and jets have really good defenses specifically, dlines.

Amnorix
06-01-2015, 02:39 PM

There's a chance, yes, but I don't see them dethroned just yet.

JETS (4-12 in 2014). Jets front 7 is frighteningly good, and I think their coach can make use of it. Revis makes the DBs solid. The offense though, isn't going to scare anyone. At all. Like not even a little bit. The AFC East schedule overall is somewhat weaker this year, so let's give them 7-9 or 8-8. A 3 or 4 game improvement over last year.

BILLS (9-7 in 2014). The Buffalo defense is going to be very, very good, and I like Rex as a coach. I think he's very solid. They have some very good weapons on offense too. But that QB position is a black hole of epic proportions. Weaker schedule, however. Let's give them a game to 10-6. Perhaps 11-5 if things break right. But seriously, 11 wins with those QBs would be impressive.

PHINS (8-8 in 2014). Tannehill doesn't suck. Second best starting QB in the AFCE. Suh will help the DLine, no doubt. They haven't much upgraded an offense that didn't really scare anyone however, and they did lose some other talent on defense. Give them a game or two due to weaker schedule, and you're at 9-7 or 10-6.

SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (12-4 in 2014 (benched most starters in final game)). Brady suspension looms large, and the complete turnover in DBs isn't comforting. And then there is Gronk's health, which is hugely key. Other than that, though... They return about 18 of the 22 starters from the Super Bowl, with 2 of the ones lost being relatively weak links on the OLine that could be upgraded due to FA and draft moves. TE position is much deeper (it was Gronk and the suck last year), and the front 7 should be substantially improved despite losing an aging Wilfork. And then there is the weak schedule. And, of course....the hoodie is still the hoodie.

So maybe slip what really is two games and go to 11-5? Still at 12-4 due to weaker schedule?

I agree the rest of the AFCE is better, but I don't quite think they're there yet in terms of knocking off the Patriots.

Amnorix
06-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Yuck.

Only at DB. Front 7 should be better. Hightower played with one arm for the second half of last year, and he and Collins are hitting their stride at 26 years of age. Mayo should be back, and hopefully healthy the full year.

We added Sheard to help take pressure off Chandler Jones and Nink, and added some solid draft picks to help with rotation and a first round DL to help replace Wilfork. Front 7 should be as good or better than last year. DBs...well, we'll see.

Amnorix
06-01-2015, 02:44 PM

If only they had broken any actual rules in 2001, 2003 and 2004, your comment would actually make some sense. Since it doesn't, however, I will put the appropriate stamp/seal on it.

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/slightlytwisted/Nonsense.gif

DaneMcCloud
06-01-2015, 03:22 PM
True, but he also ran that ship aground. If he let's someone else run the offense and he does the d, they could be really good.

No, he didn't.

Tannenbaum and Idzik ruined that franchise. Their defense was dominating in 2013 and had they a QB other than Geno Smith, they would have been AFC contenders once again.

Greg Roman is the offensive coordinator in Buffalo and the Bills are loaded with skill position weapons but if Matt Cassel is their 16 game starter, they're going to have difficulty making the playoffs.

I think the east will.be a good race this year. The dolphins and jets have really good defenses specifically, dlines.

The Jets don't have a QB and the defense isn't in the same league as Buffalo's or KC's. The lack of a QB will hurt them because their defense will always be on the field, just like last season. As for the Dolphins, I just can't see them making any true noise because of Philbin. He's a dud, IMO.

Amnorix
06-01-2015, 03:27 PM
No, he didn't.

Tannenbaum and Idzik ruined that franchise. Their defense was dominating in 2013 and had they a QB other than Geno Smith, they would have been AFC contenders once again.

Greg Roman is the offensive coordinator in Buffalo and the Bills are loaded with skill position weapons but if Matt Cassel is their 16 game starter, they're going to have difficulty making the playoffs.

I'd agree with all this. The GM allowed the talent to become amazingly depleted, both through failure to sign effective free agents and drafts that didn't light the world on fire.

Refusing to even look at Revis or any other good CBs is basically like taking out a gun and shooting Rex in the head. He NEEDS good CBs to make HIS style of defense work. And they refused to give him any.

Then he leaves and htey go and sign multiple CBs at record $$$. With the cap room that Tannenbaum "created" by letting all the talent go. Brilliant.

All that said, I think the new GM is doing a reasonable job. Whcih sucks, since he seems to actually know what he is doing. Unusual for the Jets...

The Jets don't have a QB and the defense isn't in the same league as Buffalo's or KC's. The lack of a QB will hurt them because their defense will always be on the field, just like last season. As for the Dolphins, I just can't see them making any true noise because of Philbin. He's a dud, IMO.

Jets front 7 is in the same league as anyone in the NFL, honestly. And it's not just QB where they are lacking on offense...

Agree on Philbin also.

O.city
06-01-2015, 03:46 PM
No, he didn't.

The Jets defensive line will be very good, along with the front 7. If Williams ends up being as good as it's being portrayed in the media, they're defense will be very good. Add Revis and the secondary gets better as well and if that defense is ran as the Cards defense was, which I'm assuming it will be, it will be pretty good, bordering very good.

It's sink or swim with Geno at QB, I think he'll be ok with Gailey at OC. I think the Bills ahve the worst QB in the division but should be able to run it and play defense.

I'm higher on the Dolphins in that they added some really solid WR additions for Tannehill and the already strong DL got better.

SeeingRed
06-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I think the guy being underestimated and is poised for a BIG season in Miami is Lamar Miller. He was fast as lightning in college and has maintained his speed while evolving into a complete NFL running back who now weighs a ripped 225 lbs in his 3rd year at only 23/24 yrs old. I think this guy is about to unleash hell. Miami is a team that scares me a bit. They added Cameron in FA, Traded for Kenny Stills, drafted Devonte Parker and have Landry coming off an impressive rookie year. Tennehill has steadily improved and they have a good defense.

Deberg_1990
06-01-2015, 04:08 PM
I think the guy being underestimated and is poised for a BIG season in Miami is Lamar Miller. He was fast as lightning in college and has maintained his speed while evolving into a complete NFL running back who now weighs a ripped 225 lbs in his 3rd year at only 23/24 yrs old. I think this guy is about to unleash hell. Miami is a team that scares me a bit. They added Cameron in FA, Traded for Kenny Stills, drafted Devonte Parker and have Landry coming off an impressive rookie year. Tennehill has steadily improved and they have a good defense.

Yea, they are a very interesting team. They appear poised to make a move in a division that the Pats have owned for over a decade.

It all depends on how Tannehill matures. Hes got decent stats, but is he truly a winner?

notorious
06-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Peter King had Pioli's cock all the way down his throat a few years ago.

notorious
06-01-2015, 04:13 PM
The Jets defense is going to go to shit without Rex Ryan.

MotherfuckerJones
06-01-2015, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't put KC that high but we're a top 10 team on paper.

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 04:38 PM

Best 3-4 DL in the NFL
Best CB in the NFL
Cromartie to pair with Revis
Henderson to help the LBs if he can round into form.

That defense should be better this year than last year, when it finished 22nd in yardage and 24th in scoring.

staylor26
06-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Bowles is just as good of a defensive mind as Rex and Leonard Williams fell into their lap, so not really. If Lorenzo Mauldin can develops into a good edge rusher (I think he will) they will get even better.

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 04:52 PM

They should have the best 3-4 DL in the NFL, to go along with the game's best CB, and they were only 24th in scoring defense last season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Your Alex Smith report( or, back to reality ):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330912-br-nfl-1000-ranking-the-top-50-quarterbacks-from-2014/page/33

Well, he did manage to out-rank Dalton by one rank, and a bunch of other useless scrubs that no one cares about, so there's that.

Let's do this!~

19. Alex Smith

Alex Smith's (6'4", 217 lbs, 10 seasons) bread and butter is the short area of the field. Known mostly as a game manager, he's nailed down his efficiency in the area and plays to his strengths.

You don't say....

Smith is a pretty poor passer when it comes to deep throwing. There's a reason why no receiver caught a touchdown for the Chiefs in 2014. Consistently misfiring downfield, this will always be a difficulty for the quarterback.

Surely you jest:

His arm is very poor for a starting quarterback in the league. It would be graded something like a D because it's much less than one would ask for, but it just squeaks by.

Mm-hmm....

Mentally, Smith isn't aggressive enough to be considered anything other than a game manager. As a game manager, he at times misses pre-snap reads, leaving an open man out of his progression. Because of this, he's stuck in this purgatory of identity.

As a first rounder should:

Smith can move smoothly through his drop, has a nice base and doesn't waste motion. He's fairly prototypical from this standpoint.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b2d4b1b8de8e60c868f93c52062e0413/tumblr_mg4ex3iRTm1rz1p75o1_400.gif

:

Lacking much of an arm, Smith's largest asset is his legs. An underrated runner, he extends plays and can sprint for first downs when the defense sells itself downfield.

http://stuffpoint.com/ice-cream/image/295902-ice-cream-vanilla-ice-cream-cone.jpg

A fairly conservative player, Alex Smith is the true meaning of a game manager at the NFL level. He limits his offense a bit with his deep range and velocity, but if surrounded by enough talent to keep him out of 3rd-and-long situations, he can run an effective offense.

FIN.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-01-2015, 05:18 PM
It should also be noted that Carr ranked ahead of Smith.

Just for Rudy and Hootie.

Thank you, Lord Jesus.

Just Passin' By
06-01-2015, 05:24 PM
It should also be noted that Carr ranked ahead of Smith.

Just for Rudy and Hootie.

Thank you, Lord Jesus.

That article has Peyton as the #2 QB, after 2014. You might want to delete it and pretend you never posted it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-01-2015, 05:42 PM
That article has Peyton as the #2 QB, after 2014. You might want to delete it and pretend you never posted it.

It obviously has not much to do with post-season success, or the lack thereof.

It would seem, that the article is predicated upon individual performance over the range of the season.

KChiefs1
06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Wow! Peter King? I'm shocked.

Marcellus
06-01-2015, 07:05 PM

This may be the dumbest list ever of Top 50 QB's for a season.

Bridgewater ahead of Stafford and Carson Palmer ahead of both. WTF?

EJ Manuel behind Charlie Whitehurst - Ouch

Geno Smith at 47 behind Johny Manziel LMAO and Matt MF'n Cassel. Sorry SDH your boy sucks ballz -

So if you want to debate this list you can look at it like this. Alex Smith is at 19 which is not good but its also ahead of about 25 QB's that at some point CP has claimed is better than Smith. LMAO

RealSNR
06-01-2015, 08:51 PM
This may be the dumbest list ever of Top 50 QB's for a season.

Bridgewater ahead of Stafford and Carson Palmer ahead of both. WTF?

EJ Manuel behind Charlie Whitehurst - Ouch

Geno Smith at 47 behind Johny Manziel LMAO and Matt MF'n Cassel. Sorry SDH your boy sucks ballz -

So if you want to debate this list you can look at it like this. Alex Smith is at 19 which is not good but its also ahead of about 25 QB's that at some point CP has claimed is better than Smith. LMAO

How many Vikings games did you watch last year?

Bridgewater is a fucking baller

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2015, 04:25 AM

Bridgewater is a fucking baller

I guess they don't understand that the sample size, as proscribed BY THE FUCKING TITLE, is one season.

In any event, the overall case against Smith as outlined in the article is 100% spot-on.

Hootie
06-02-2015, 04:28 AM
anyone who thinks Teddy Bridgewater or Derek Carr are better than Alex Smith are idiots.

Teddy B might get there. I'd say it's 50/50. He at least has some growing potential.

Derek Carr fucking sucks and will always suck.

Marcellus
06-02-2015, 05:59 AM

Bridgewater is a ****ing baller

I am not a huge Stafford fan but seriously? Bridgewater is already better than Stafford? And Carson Palmer is better than Stafford?

Marcellus
06-02-2015, 06:04 AM
I guess they don't understand that the sample size, as proscribed BY THE ****ING TITLE, is one season.

In any event, the overall case against Smith as outlined in the article is 100% spot-on.

That completely explains Matt Cassel who played in 3 games being ranked higher than Geno Smith.

Carson Palmer missed 11 games but he is ranked ahead of Stafford who played in all 16.

STFU

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2015, 07:01 AM
That completely explains Matt Cassel who played in 3 games being ranked higher than Geno Smith.

Carson Palmer missed 11 games but he is ranked ahead of Stafford who played in all 16.

STFU

Poor Smith; barely on the fringe and getting his ass whipped by Derek Carr.

Sadness...

Hootie
06-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Derek Carr was the worst starting QB in football last year ... I'll be the first to eat crow if he ends up being a top 15 QB but I don't see him starting more than 15 more NFL games

Chiefnj2
06-02-2015, 08:35 AM
anyone who thinks Teddy Bridgewater or Derek Carr are better than Alex Smith are idiots.

Teddy B might get there. I'd say it's 50/50. He at least has some growing potential.

Derek Carr ****ing sucks and will always suck.

If you are talking about tier 3 QB's, does it really matter who is better? At least Carr and Bridgewater have a higher ceiling and time to climb and perfect their game. Smith is who he is.

BossChief
06-02-2015, 09:03 AM
If you are talking about tier 3 QB's, does it really matter who is better? At least Carr and Bridgewater have a higher ceiling and time to climb and perfect their game. Smith is who he is.

Smith is as good as the guys around him and won't make mistakes that lose the game.

Bridgewater elevates the level of play of those around him.

Can't say that about Carr, yet...but he absolutely showed promise at times last year. It's a tough break if he's really having issues with a finger on his throwing hand, though. They better sit him for the games against us...

KCTitus
06-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Smith is as good as the guys around him and won't make mistakes that lose the game....

Correct, Smith cant throw the passes AND catch them too...

ptlyon
06-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Correct, Smith cant throw the passes...

FYP

KCTitus
06-02-2015, 11:53 AM
FYP

Isnt it a bigger problem that it appears he 'wont' throw the passes? I mean, if an opponent has more than a 3pt lead, why should we live with the fact it's a two score deficit because our QB is a 'game manager'...

RealSNR
06-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I am not a huge Stafford fan but seriously? Bridgewater is already better than Stafford? And Carson Palmer is better than Stafford?

I'm going to ask again.

The Franchise
06-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Correct, Smith cant throw the passes AND catch them too...

The WRs can't catch the passes and throw them too.

The Franchise
06-02-2015, 11:58 AM
I'm going to ask again.

Stafford is Stafford because of Calvin Johnson. Don't get me wrong....he's talented but it's pretty easy when you can chuck it up in triple coverage and still have your WR come down with it.

MotherfuckerJones
06-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Stafford is Stafford because of Calvin Johnson. Don't get me wrong....he's talented but it's pretty easy when you can chuck it up in triple coverage and still have your WR come down with it.

He's a little more than just Calvin Johnson. Stafford is a good QB. Calvin has had a lot of nagging injuries the past few years too, so he's used his other weapons.

RealSNR
06-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Stafford's a good QB. It sucks that we went 2-14 in the same year the Lions went 0-16. Wish we had him.

However, Bridgewater already is far more multitalented. All he needs is experience.

When people go, "Herp well which 1st round QBs that we had a shot at should we have drafted derp?" the #1 answer is still Aaron Rodgers. But #2 is Teddy.

MahiMike
06-02-2015, 12:31 PM

Denver won't win 8 games this year. This division is all ours!

Anyone notice this is #18's 18th season? Peyton played 1 too many. He will not survive!

Chiefnj2
06-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Isnt it a bigger problem that it appears he 'wont' throw the passes? I mean, if an opponent has more than a 3pt lead, why should we live with the fact it's a two score deficit because our QB is a 'game manager'...

KC fans shouldn't have to live with that fact, except for the fact that Andy Reid seems intent on following the 2000 Baltimore Ravens blueprint.

jspchief
06-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Peter King's opinions are ridiculed on this forum on a regular basis. He's no less of a dumbass just because he said something nice about my favorite team.

DaneMcCloud
06-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Peter King's opinions are ridiculed on this forum on a regular basis. He's no less of a dumbass just because he said something nice about my favorite team.

Peter King is an excellent reporter with excellent sources but he's an awful prognosticator.

That said, he did say that he was "higher" on the Chiefs than most of his peers, so at least he's acknowledging that the team isn't being held in high regard by others at this point.

Amnorix
06-02-2015, 01:51 PM
KC fans shouldn't have to live with that fact, except for the fact that Andy Reid seems intent on following the 2000 Baltimore Ravens blueprint.

Well, except for one comment which I saw somewhere -- that KC has the best RB-TE-WR combo in the NFL. And they may well be right.

Granted that the QB, which is the engine that makes the car go, isn't all you could want, but those early 2000s Ravens weren't exactly full of studs at the skill positions on offense.

BossChief
06-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Stafford's a good QB. It sucks that we went 2-14 in the same year the Lions went 0-16. Wish we had him.

However, Bridgewater already is far more multitalented. All he needs is experience.

When people go, "Herp well which 1st round QBs that we had a shot at should we have drafted derp?" the #1 answer is still Aaron Rodgers. But #2 is Teddy.

Brees
Flacco
Brady (I know, I know)
Russel Wilson
Rodgers
Bridgewater
Tanehill (with a small trade up)

The list continues to grow as the time passes.

DaneMcCloud
06-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Brees
Flacco
Brady (I know, I know)
Russel Wilson
Rodgers
Bridgewater

Brady was passed 198 times
Wilson was passed 74 times
Brees was passed 31 times
Bridgewater was passed 31 times
Rodgers was passed 24 times
Joe Flacco was passed 16 times
Ryan Tannehill was passed 7 times (and the Chiefs had no chance)

The only selection that really bums me out is Brees, as he would have been the perfect fit for the Coryell offense and the Chiefs needed a starting QB that year because Elvis decided to move on.

No one knew that Brady would be a legend (*), Wilson is surrounded by a phenomenal team and coaching staff so the jury's is really out on his actual ability, Flacco to me is "meh" and Bridgewater is still unproven but shows promise.

Aaron Rodgers is the real wildcard in this list. Trent Green was nearing the end of his career (and never completed a 16 game season after 2005) but most teams were weary of a Jeff Tedford coached college QB and with very good reason. There's a long list of busts associated with his work and the Packers, unlike the Chiefs and the other 19 or so teams that passed on him, didn't have the luxury of a Hall of Fame starting QB.

I don't have time but I'm guessing that the number of QB's in which the Chiefs passed on and failed is a significantly higher number than the number of guys passed on that succeeded.

RealSNR
06-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Brees
Flacco
Brady (I know, I know)
Any QB not named Brandon Weeden
Rodgers
Bridgewater

FYP.

I don't care if we picked a bad QB. It made no sense whatsoever for Pioli to sign Brady Quinn and call his QB corps "competitive" when we were in the middle of the deepest QB class since 1983

Hootie
06-02-2015, 02:55 PM

Anyone notice this is #18's 18th season? Peyton played 1 too many. He will not survive!

I hope so ... but I highly doubt it.

Peyton has been the best QB in football before cold weather 2 years in a row. I expect he'll start out hot again and then cool down with the weather.

KC_Lee
06-02-2015, 02:57 PM

I am getting a feeling that this season for Peyton will be the same as Favre's in Minnesota. This might be wishful thinking but he may have pushed it one too many seasons.

BWillie
06-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Wat abouts the Buffalo Bills? They haz this guy named Matt Kassels

BWillie
06-02-2015, 03:04 PM
I honestly think 4th is better than 24th where Ive see more writers put us. There is no way Chiefs are 24th, bo way. This is a good football team. Top 12 minimum

Amnorix
06-02-2015, 03:04 PM
I hope so ... but I highly doubt it.

Peyton has been the best QB in football before cold weather 2 years in a row. I expect he'll start out hot again and then cool down with the weather.

Which is kind of a problem for a guy playing in Denver.

He needs to be back in a dome to have any chance of playing deep into the playoffs, I think. The thin air in Denver helps his now-noodley arm, but not enough. I also think he's just too brittle to survive a full season.

But Denver's defense is going to be good. I expect they will make the playoffs at least.

Easy 6
06-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Seen this on SI and KNEW it'd make headlines here LMAO

I dont think he's far off the mark at all, in fact, its pretty damn refreshing for a major national figure to take a good look at the talent being acquired here/coaches coaching here and say...you know what, these guys are ****ing loaded right now.

If the offensive line is atleast average.

If Smith takes that third year wco leap with all of the additional talent?

Yes, this is a potential top 5 team and its about damn time some figurehead noticed it... welp I'm a homer for buying into this meaningless ranking some will say... truth is, I knew this team was loaded as soon as the draft ended and didnt need King to tell me.

The 10-15 extremely vocal negative nabobs here will be forced to change their tunes in short order, its going to be an incredible sight to see... almost as entertaining as the actual season.

Rain Man
06-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Which is kind of a problem for a guy playing in Denver.

He needs to be back in a dome to have any chance of playing deep into the playoffs, I think. The thin air in Denver helps his now-noodley arm, but not enough. I also think he's just too brittle to survive a full season.

Good point, good point.

But Denver's defense is going to be good. I expect they will make the playoffs at least.

F*** you, man! Go to h***!

-King-
06-03-2015, 05:00 AM
Good point, good point.

F*** you, man! Go to h***!

FILTER EVASION!!1!!ONE!!