PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LDT gets first team reps at RG

The Franchise
06-13-2015, 11:29 AM
www.rotoworld.com

Chiefs OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif lined up as the first-team right guard during Wednesday's OTA practice.

The Chiefs appear to be high on their 2014 sixth-round pick. Though he was inactive every game of his rookie season, Duvernay-Tardif stuck on the roster the entire season and has earned consistent praise from coach Andy Reid. "Very strong and athletic, and he’s smart," Reid said of LDF. "It’s just a matter with him – like I mentioned back then last year – his reps. Every rep he gets better with. He's a good football player." Paul Fanaika is still the favorite to start at right guard, but Duvernay-Tardif could push him in camp.
SOURCE: CHIEFS DIGEST

Rain Man
06-13-2015, 11:31 AM
What happened to Fulton in this story?

TLO
06-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Dude needs a Mitch Holtus nickname.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-13-2015, 12:00 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Chiefs OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif lined up as the first-team right guard during Wednesday's OTA practice.

The Chiefs appear to be high on their 2014 sixth-round pick. Though he was inactive every game of his rookie season, Duvernay-Tardif stuck on the roster the entire season and has earned consistent praise from coach Andy Reid. "Very strong and athletic, and he’s smart," Reid said of LDF. "It’s just a matter with him – like I mentioned back then last year – his reps. Every rep he gets better with. He's a good football player." Paul Fanaika is still the favorite to start at right guard, but Duvernay-Tardif could push him in camp.
SOURCE: CHIEFS DIGEST

I doubt this is possible, given that he was killed in a drone strike, per CSPAN.

Titty Meat
06-13-2015, 12:00 PM

Fulton sucks

DaneMcCloud
06-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Silly "article" and about as important as Stephenson getting first team reps a few weeks back.

That said, someone's getting the ax at right guard because they have a serious log jam at the position.

Sandy Vagina
06-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Fulton sucks

Pretty much. He got some slack from the fans due to being a rookie thrown in.. but he was far from solid. His foot speed and overall mobility don't appear to be something that can be improved much upon. Now, if LDT shows that he can step up, his athleticism would mean that KC's misdirection runs and screen game can thrive.

OnTheWarpath15
06-13-2015, 12:20 PM
I doubt this is possible, given that he was killed in a drone strike, per CSPAN.

LMAO

jonzie04
06-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Nice, I'm rooting for him. He's an amazing athlete and the little I saw of him, he looked really mean.

Chief Roundup
06-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Silly "article" and about as important as Stephenson getting first team reps a few weeks back.

That said, someone's getting the ax at right guard because they have a serious log jam at the position.

But we need to sign Evan Mathis....retards

DaFace
06-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Nice, I'm rooting for him. He's an amazing athlete and the little I saw of him, he looked really mean.

Same here. It cracked me up that he was helping to deliver babies while balancing the time requirements of the draft last year. I think it'd be awesome to have a big brain on the line if he can get the technique down.

Mr. Laz
06-13-2015, 12:37 PM
I hate when a team pulls the "He just needs reps ..." bullshit

You are in charge of the reps so why is that EVER a problem?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-13-2015, 12:48 PM
The Boomer Grigsby of linemen has arrived.

DaFace
06-13-2015, 12:48 PM

For stuff like this, reps are measured in hundreds - not one at a time. It's not a matter of having him in on every snap as much as it's a matter of him just being around long enough for things to click.

staylor26
06-13-2015, 01:42 PM

:facepalm:

Mr. Laz
06-13-2015, 01:56 PM
For stuff like this, reps are measured in hundreds - not one at a time. It's not a matter of having him in on every snap as much as it's a matter of him just being around long enough for things to click.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

If the guy is really that good, has that much potential, then make it a coaching priority to get him where he needs to go. Don't just let him float with the tides and see what happens.

There's no salary cap for coaches, hire another Oline position coach and get it done.

Dunerdr
06-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Stop talking about fatties! Moar chanceton danielson!

Titty Meat
06-13-2015, 02:20 PM
This has already been discussed but I don't see why everyone's so big on the oline that and inside linebacker the weakest positions on the team.

The best player on the oline is Ben Grubbs and he sucked last year. Fisher has flashed but overall sucks, Stephenson is a question mark, so is Kush and it appears they are just throwing shit at RG and hoping it sticks like they did last year with the WRs. If this dude plays this year the line is fucked.

Titty Meat
06-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Stop talking about fatties! Moar chanceton danielson!

This place will be great next year if Fisher ends up sucking the first pick will be an olineman.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-13-2015, 02:23 PM
This place will be great next year if Fisher ends up sucking the first pick will be an olineman.

And would shock absolutely no one.

That ship has long sailed.

-King-
06-13-2015, 02:34 PM

If the guy is really that good, has that much potential, then make it a coaching priority to get him where he needs to go. Don't just let him float with the tides and see what happens.

There's no salary cap for coaches, hire another Oline position coach and get it done.

Wut?

No seriously....wtf? LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
06-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Wut?

Posted via Mobile Device

He's gone full retard in this thread

Mr. Laz
06-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Wut?

Posted via Mobile Device
Shall i talk slower so your inbred ass can understand?

When coaches say a guy "just needs reps" it's just dumb coach speak for 'we aren't sure if the guy can be good enough yet'.

It's almost as annoying as your are

FringeNC
06-13-2015, 02:49 PM

Come on, the guy played college football in Canada. Enough said.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-13-2015, 02:49 PM
This has already been discussed but I don't see why everyone's so big on the oline that and inside linebacker the weakest positions on the team.

The best player on the oline is Ben Grubbs and he sucked last year. Fisher has flashed but overall sucks, Stephenson is a question mark, so is Kush and it appears they are just throwing shit at RG and hoping it sticks like they did last year with the WRs. If this dude plays this year the line is fucked.

It's quite simple, Billay.

Dorsey knows that Alex rather sucks, and is not a long term solution.

Therefore, he wants to kill him with a shitty O-line.

Glad I could clear that up.

Sully
06-13-2015, 02:52 PM

This doesn't make sense.
no amount of coaching can make up for live fire.

Dunerdr
06-13-2015, 03:02 PM
I just want a right guard who is as good as a starter as chase Daniel is as a back up.

Easy 6
06-13-2015, 03:25 PM
He's by far the biggest dark horse on the O-line, he has all of the intelligence and physical talent you could want... but can he play football?

I'd love nothing more than for him to claim RG over Allen or Morse, but just wont hold my breath about it... dude is the ultimate Bigfoot, tired of hearing about him, lets see him.

DaneMcCloud
06-13-2015, 03:39 PM
He's by far the biggest dark horse on the O-line, he has all of the intelligence and physical talent you could want... but can he play football?

I'd love nothing more than for him to claim RG over Allen or Morse, but just wont hold my breath about it... dude is the ultimate Bigfoot, tired of hearing about him, lets see him.

6th round draft choices are developmental players, not second year starters.

Fulton was a 6th rounder last year that was forced to start and was awful, so can you even imagine how bad LDT was in practice considering he didn't even see the field?

Patience, people.

RunKC
06-13-2015, 03:41 PM
I haven't felt this good about our OL in several years.

-Eric Fisher finally had a real offseason and is stronger.
-Grubbs is a multi-pro bowl caliber G who is above average.
-Kush is the real wild card as he has little game action.
-Jeff Allen was a fringe average G who needed to get stronger and now is.
-Stephenson had a very good PFF rating the 2nd half of 2013 and looked promising. He's now stronger as well.
-Fulton had a very solid PFF rating the last 5 games and started to play solid football.
-LDT has the size, smarts and motor to play in this league, but has no real action yet.
-Morse played well in an elite conference, has elite strength/athleticsm and the consensus on him was very good in NFL circles.
-Fainaka is a scrub, but he is better than McGlynn. Not much but he's a last resort.

This line is deep. It has talent. And I think it will be average at worst once it has time to gel.

WR and ILB are still our weakest overall positions IMO.

KCUnited
06-13-2015, 03:42 PM

LGDT

OldSchool
06-13-2015, 03:49 PM

They finally admitted that Fulton is too damn slow and not strong enough to make up for that lack of quickness? You know, the thing that we all saw last year when he was playing the role of the other turnstile on the OL.

Easy 6
06-13-2015, 04:21 PM
6th round draft choices are developmental players, not second year starters.

Fulton was a 6th rounder last year that was forced to start and was awful, so can you even imagine how bad LDT was in practice considering he didn't even see the field?

Patience, people.

Yeah, that's a good point... Fulton sucked ass but got the nod because of his familiarity with American football concepts/talent. Big picture, I am honestly not worried about RG...

Fulton sucked but was a low round rookie... hey, no one starts their career at the top.

Allen, has more experience and ATLEAST as much talent as Fulton.

Fanaika, his reputation as a run mauler for the cards is interdasting.

LDT has everything anyone could want on paper, whats in his heart will count for a lot this year... being a 6th rounder isn't some saving grace now, he will be expected to compete and compete well.

Morse... dude will start by week 8 this year, don't know which position just yet... but he will start. Theres just too many glowing scout reviews on him and he already looks like an NFL player, he's not just big but yoked.

Eleazar
06-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Sweet. I'm gonna draft him for my fantasy team now.

TribalElder
06-13-2015, 04:48 PM

And the doctor is in as he rumbles to the sweet nectar of the endzone

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-13-2015, 05:13 PM
I would hate to be Mitch Holthus.

TribalElder
06-13-2015, 05:17 PM
The defense looks like they need a checkup as the doctor thunders forward to spring free jamaal for a Kansas City chiiiieeefs first down

alanm
06-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Don't mean nothing, Not a thang. Wake me up the 2nd week of TC. Thank you very much.

alanm
06-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Nice, I'm rooting for him. He's an amazing athlete and the little I saw of him, he looked really mean.I'm sorry. I'm tired of reading about guys like him. I'm ready for a asshole who maybe abused sheep. Hates his family. And wants to chew on DE's for a snack. :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-13-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry. I'm tired of reading about guys like him. I'm ready for a asshole who maybe abused sheep. Hates his family. And wants to chew on DE's for a snack. :thumb:

Star Wars WR FTW?

Saccopoo
06-13-2015, 08:27 PM

No you don't.

Jeff Allen has been a two year starter and has the tools. I'm firmly convinced he was ready to break out last season prior to the injury.

At this point, if you want the Chiefs to field the best team right out of the gate, you better be rooting for Allen and not some dickhead rookie or noob to take the position next season.

Allen is a UFA after the 2015 season and at that point, I hope that LDT or Morse both take their athleticism and potential and push it to the NFL starter level, but not this next season. This team is really close to doing very good things and another rookie fucknut on the offensive line is not going to be conducive to getting shit done right this season.

If Allen can't beat out these slapdicks for the RG spot, I'm going to be shocked.

http://1320performancestore.com/image/cache/shocker-500x500.jpg

BullJunkandIron
06-13-2015, 08:50 PM
I hope some crazy bitch don't come along a d cut his dick and nuts off. Or some fucker shoot him In The balls. You know what I mean?

DaFace
06-13-2015, 08:51 PM
I hope some crazy bitch don't come along a d cut his dick and nuts off. Or some fucker shoot him In The balls. You know what I mean?

Nope.

BullJunkandIron
06-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Go to Beaumont Texas sometime. Happens there.

salame
06-13-2015, 09:10 PM
I would hate to be Mitch Holthus.

I am not a fan of Mitch at all
whenever I make fun of him I am treated like a Pariah

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-13-2015, 09:12 PM
I am not a fan of Mitch at all
whenever I make fun of him I am treated like a Pariah

Imagine having to make all that chicken salad from chicken shit every Sunday.

Blech.

BullJunkandIron
06-13-2015, 09:14 PM
You can usually find Mitch on the basketball court at the preschool with Vaseline on his hands.

aturnis
06-14-2015, 02:59 AM
Shall i talk slower so your inbred ass can understand?

When coaches say a guy "just needs reps" it's just dumb coach speak for 'we aren't sure if the guy can be good enough yet'.

It's almost as annoying as your are

When you give a guy more reps, you're taking them away from someone else.

He "earned" first team reps. Perhaps he excelled on 2nd team, and is getting a taste of 1st string so he can figure out what he needs to work on to get there?

Who knows. All we really know is, when they say "he needs more reps", it means he's working hard, we're happy with his progress, but he has a ways to go.

eDave
06-14-2015, 03:11 AM
Fulton sucks

There you go.

Tribal Warfare
06-14-2015, 03:12 AM

I'm running with Doogie

aturnis
06-14-2015, 12:44 PM
If Allen can't beat out these slapdicks for the RG spot, I'm going to be shocked.

I won't be. He was balls on the left. I'm sure he'll be balls on the right. Allen sucks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-14-2015, 02:17 PM
I'm running with Doogie

I kinda' like Tard.