PDA

View Full Version : Life How spontaneous are you?

Rain Man
06-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Imagine that it's today, and that you have a friend or significant other.

Now imagine that the friend or significant other says to you, "Let's go to Vegas this weekend."

Now imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try. Wait, never mind on that one.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Assume the following:

- you have the funds to go
- you have no conflicting formal plans
- if you don't like Vegas, you can substitute some other destination that you like, such as the Smithsonian Museum or the Badlands or Dollywood if that still exists.

What is your immediate reaction to such an offer? Do you grin and jump at the chance? Are you horrified to get asked on three days' notice? Do you fall somewhere in between?

And as a bonus question, what's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?

I don't want to take you by surprise, so I'll notify you that a poll is forthcoming.

Rain Man
06-16-2015, 12:08 PM
For my answer, I'll note that I have a lot of trouble with spontaneous stuff like this. I'm a planner, even if my plans are often lame.

Donger
06-16-2015, 12:09 PM
I like spontaneity, but only went it's well-planned in advance.

WhawhaWhat
06-16-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm in, let's go.

rico
06-16-2015, 12:15 PM
I'd have to line a bunch of things up with my kids/babysitters/work/etc. I would consider it, but wouldn't be all hyped up about it...I would initially feel annoyed that Inwould have a ton of stuff to line up...unexpectedly.

ptlyon
06-16-2015, 12:17 PM
I combust on command

Predarat
06-16-2015, 12:22 PM
This is a pretty easy yes for me. Especially having Significant Other on the trip as well, the funds to go and flexibility on the destination. And Dollywood is still rocking and rolling, they have added about 3 new coasters in recent years, two of them damn cool, one a more family oriented one.

mr. tegu
06-16-2015, 12:29 PM
My answer would be different based on who was offering. I answered as if it was my wife making the suggestion so I said the first option.

seclark
06-16-2015, 12:35 PM
as long as there's beer, I'm there.
sec

Graystoke
06-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Who is going to keep my beer cold when I am gone?

But seriously,
I like to plan, and then deviate from the plan.

MagicHef
06-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Are you asking me to go to Vegas with you?

kysirsoze
06-16-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm in. I plan things out because I like to be assured things will go smoothly, but I like it even better when that's not really an option and I'm forced to go with the flow.

BWillie
06-16-2015, 01:57 PM
I go in a heartbeat

Rain Man
06-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Are you asking me to go to Vegas with you?

Yes, but next April.

Demonpenz
06-16-2015, 02:16 PM
I like to have everything planned out...who I am going with how much it will cost I try to save as much money as possible. Try to manage our time at the destination then I try to leave early to beat the traffic home...Oh BTW my Wife is taking 2 cocks at the same time from unemployed men who go with the flow. Our marriage advisor says it is because I am about as fun as cramming a worlds of fun crazy straw into his pee hole.

KC native
06-16-2015, 02:16 PM
If you got the money honey, then I've got the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.

KC native
06-16-2015, 02:17 PM
I like to have everything planned out...who I am going with how much it will cost I try to save as much money as possible. Try to manage our time at the destination then I try to leave early to beat the traffic home...Oh BTW my Wife is taking 2 cocks at the same time from unemployed men who go with the flow. Our marriage advisor says it is because I am about as fun as cramming a worlds of fun crazy straw into his pee hole.

#grindhard #grindeveryday

Rain Man
06-16-2015, 02:18 PM

My guess is that this post was more spontaneous than planned.

Chiefshrink
06-16-2015, 02:19 PM
depends:shrug:

Molitoth
06-16-2015, 02:21 PM
If I was single without the responsibility of a wife and children, I would hop all over anything spontaneous.

ptlyon
06-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Yes, but next April.

That's not very spontaneous...

TinyEvel
06-16-2015, 02:36 PM
I came here with no intent to vote in a poll. But I saw the poll so I voted. I'm like that.

Gadzooks
06-16-2015, 02:39 PM
BTW -Dollywood is celebrating their 30th anniversary.

SAUTO
06-16-2015, 02:39 PM
i wouldnt hesitate at all. most spontaneous was when i was 21 i went to the store for some steaks and ended up in juarez...

BucEyedPea
06-16-2015, 02:54 PM
I'd do it.

BigRichard
06-16-2015, 02:55 PM
i wouldnt hesitate at all. most spontaneous was when i was 21 i went to the store for some steaks and ended up in juarez...

That isn't that cool if you lived in El Paso

DaNewGuy
06-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Lived in Vegas for 2 years, Im good on going back

Katipan
06-16-2015, 03:32 PM
I don't think I plan anything except meals and holidays. And a nest egg.

Everything else in life is random joy.

Mr. Laz
06-16-2015, 03:35 PM
financially i'm not spontaneous at all

other than that i pretty much go with the wind

BWillie
06-16-2015, 04:09 PM
One of my high school buddies who was my roommate in college has a multi-millionaire uncle with a private jet. He keeps telling me one of these days, his Uncle told him he will fly him to Vegas, but he doesn't know when it would be. It will just depend on his uncles business ventures and whenever he's flying thru the area. When that time comes, no matter what I'm doing, I'm getting on that flippin private jet, and living the high life.

Rain Man
06-16-2015, 04:10 PM
The more I think about it, I'm not very spontaneous.

I think the most spontaneous thing I ever did was to buy airline tickets to London once, but it wasn't a complete wild thing. My wife and I were planning to go to New York for a short trip, and British Air started up nonstop service to London and had an insane first-day sale that was the same price as tickets to New York.

PunkinDrublic
06-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Deberg just PM'd me to say this is a lame thread.

Rain Man
06-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Deberg just PM'd me to say this is a lame thread.

Neither of you should look for an invitation to my next Vegas trip.

POND_OF_RED
06-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Three days notice? I just need 30 minutes to throw some shit in a bag and I'm out the door.

Bearcat
06-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Voted "I would not hesitate," at least as far as the 3 days' notice. I do like to plan, especially for international trips, but don't require one... I like researching what's out there so I don't miss something and I think it's part of the buildup to a big trip, but don't need an hour by hour schedule laid out.

My hesitation would be more along the lines of introversion and/or laziness... I've taken long road trips on shorter notice, but I wouldn't say that I'd jump to do it at every open chance, either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-16-2015, 04:53 PM
I plan everything and prefer order.

SAUTO
06-16-2015, 05:38 PM
That isn't that cool if you lived in El Paso

i lived in KCK

Buehler445
06-16-2015, 05:45 PM
If it all worked I'd be down. Unfortunately I live in an environment where I rarely get a weekend free of some sort of responsibility

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-16-2015, 06:36 PM
One of my high school buddies who was my roommate in college has a multi-millionaire uncle with a private jet. He keeps telling me one of these days, his Uncle told him he will fly him to Vegas, but he doesn't know when it would be. It will just depend on his uncles business ventures and whenever he's flying thru the area. When that time comes, no matter what I'm doing, I'm getting on that flippin private jet, and living the high life.

Probably Reerun 's jet. You're SOL.

DaneMcCloud
06-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Pre-kids, in a heartbeat. We used to head to Vegas for weekends all the time, along with Cabo.

With kids? Not a chance. Their schedules are too rigid and it requires too much pre-planning.

Maybe in 10 years.

eDave
06-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Pre-kids, in a heartbeat. We used to head to Vegas for weekends all the time, along with Cabo.

With kids? Not a chance. Their schedules are too rigid and it requires too much pre-planning.

Maybe in 10 years.

It's glorious.

stevieray
06-16-2015, 07:12 PM
If I was single without the responsibility of a wife and children, I would hop all over anything spontaneous.

^^^^^^^^^^

....pretty sure I came close to combustion a couple of times.

cdcox
06-16-2015, 07:32 PM
It's glorious.

It is way better than that.

cdcox
06-16-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm trying to be more spontaneous in recent years.

Last August I booked tickets for a play showing in London this coming August on the spur of the moment, figuring we could always sell the tickets to someone else. That was all the momentum we needed to plan a full vacation. The act of booking the play seemed very spontaneous to me.

Psyko Tek
06-16-2015, 07:38 PM
This is a pretty easy yes for me. Especially having Significant Other on the trip as well, the funds to go and flexibility on the destination. And Dollywood is still rocking and rolling, they have added about 3 new coasters in recent years, two of them damn cool, one a more family oriented one.

I wanted to ride the Dolly's Cleavage Coaster

Rausch
06-16-2015, 07:39 PM
My nature is as spontaneous as they come.

Unfortunately I can't really indulge that right now. Someone seems to have adjusted my sliders while I was away at work and reversed the responsibility/hedonism ratio...

cdcox
06-16-2015, 07:43 PM
I rode the Dollywood Mystery Mine a couple of years ago. It is kind of a small coaster with abrupt turns and twists and high G forces. That will probably be the last roller coaster ride of my life. I just don't enjoy them and don't feel the need to test myself by pushing myself into riding one anymore.

Coochie liquor
06-16-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm very spontaneous. Unfortunately my wife likes things planned out an in advance. I'm also the guy shopping as stores are closing on Christmas Eve because I've put it off to the point of having to pull off an armed robbery for the last shitty presents in the parking lot of Walmart at 715 pm 12/24.... And I usually don't think of consequences until I HAVE to think about consequences. Seat of my pants, and shot out of a cannon 24/7 with the coochie liquor.

JakeLV
06-16-2015, 08:59 PM
You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

06-17-2015, 12:57 AM
If my wife said lets go to Vegas this weekend and pre arranged for the kids to be watched hell yes I'm in.

Reerun_KC
06-17-2015, 07:21 AM
The wife is 40, I am 42. Son just graduated HS and our daughter got married a couple of weeks ago...

We are having a great time just doing what ever we want. Its like we are in HS again. Just go do what we want when we want and not worry about kids.

Spontaneity is off the charts. Its good times....