PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Let's talk about fair and consistent moderation

Pages : [1] 2

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 09:37 AM
I'd like to have an open and honest conversation. I hope you all know me well enough to know I don't mean any ill will. But I know this will likely not go over well.

We need documentation of offenses and punishments. It seems all too often that fairness and rationality is thrown out the window in favor of emotion. Without documenting offenses and punishment, there is no guideline for how to dole out action. It begs for mods to take whatever action they feel at the time, which could range from nothing to full bans. Further, it opens the door wide for mods to rationalize action or non-action. This can be a living document that grows or shrinks with time.

We have too many instances of punishment being made up on the spot. This is not OK. There is no fair and consistent moderation on this board.

The unfair treatment in this place is ridiculous. Deberg gets thumped for being annoying. Inmem gets put on Miserable User for being annoying. Dozens of other users remain untouched. Hootie gets chance after chance after chance. Joey: chance after chance after chance. Inmem: ****ed without warning. Deberg loses thread starting privileges without warning because other posters are bitching.

If we remove users that are annoying, many users would be gone. If we ban people because they post a lot, I can think of dozens of users that would have been gone years ago. Trolls? Please. Unpopular opinions? GTFO.

DC is a freakin' cesspool of rudeness, meanness, and bigotry, and not a single thing happens to anyone in there. Ever. No action taken. We all know that if DC didn't exist, all of that shit would spill into the main forum. It's just an example because it does occasionally spill over here.

Mods occasionally troll certain users (name changes, rep changes, etc.). I’m not trying to take the fun away; as long as it’s temporary, no big deal. It shouldn’t be long-term. Frazod, while questionably batchit crazy, is a good example of this.

I know of one mod who’s given up on trying to do any discipline due to other mods complaining, or members threatening to revolt. Moderation seems based on whichever mod gets annoyed first. This is not a good way to moderate a board.

Do we need some fresh blood? Maybe some mods that cannot control themselves need to fall on the sword and step down. Maybe a mod election would be good.

tl;dr: Moderation here is BS. Let’s find a way to make it right.

Sully
06-18-2015, 09:39 AM
I vote to ban 4 people a day, just for the hell of it.

Just Passin' By
06-18-2015, 09:47 AM
This will end well... LMAO

Gonzo
06-18-2015, 09:49 AM
http://media4.giphy.com/media/11gC4odpiRKuha/giphy.gif

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 09:49 AM
This will end well... LMAO

I know.

gpsdude
06-18-2015, 09:54 AM
You seem nice

tooge
06-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Meh, lots of drama if you ask me. Don't want to be messed with? Don't be annoying.

KC native
06-18-2015, 09:58 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/a/a9/Crying-gif-24.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150227011925

loochy
06-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Meh, lots of drama if you ask me. Don't want to be messed with? Don't be annoying.

yeah, it really takes care of itself

threebag
06-18-2015, 10:00 AM
dont forget to add claynus and sweet daddy to the roster

Free Thig
Free Inmen

Saul Good
06-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Are people getting banned again? /crosses fingers

We haven't had a satisfying meltdown thread in way too long.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 10:02 AM
The problem is a complete lack of integrity in how this place is modded. There is no consistency whatsoever. It's a problem.

Isn't poor moderation the reason many left the old Star board?

KC native
06-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Fuck Inmen.

If the asshole wouldn't have went out of his way to dick up every thread he posted in, then he wouldn't have been miserable usered.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 10:04 AM
**** Inmen.

If the asshole wouldn't have went out of his way to dick up every thread he posted in, then he wouldn't have been miserable usered.

I don't disagree he deserved some kind of punishment. But he got no warning, and from what I've been told, it's permanent. That's not right.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Bob Dole votes FMB out.

KC native
06-18-2015, 10:05 AM
I don't disagree he deserved some kind of punishment. But he got no warning, and from what I've been told, it's permanent. That's not right.

No warning?

He got banned for posting racist shit in one thread. He kept up with the same behavior that put him on the shit list after realizing he was on the shit list.

RunKC
06-18-2015, 10:06 AM
Wait..inmem got permabanned? Am I reading that right?

If so, I legitimately didn't know.

saphojunkie
06-18-2015, 10:06 AM

He got years of warning. Years of people calling him out for shitting up threads. You couldn't post a single thread about a single topic FOOTBALL related, much less Chiefs related, without that Bakersfield desert trash coming in and just covering it in his redundant Alexcuse Smiff diarrhea.

Good riddance.

Bugeater
06-18-2015, 10:07 AM
DeBerg losing his thread starting privileges is bullshit. The rest I don't really care about.

Sandy Vagina

I didn't think it was even possible to get perma-banned. Didn't Claynus and Sweet Puss Face get banned? and if so, does that not mean there is no perma?

JimNasium
WTF is going on here?

KC native
06-18-2015, 10:08 AM
DeBerg losing his thread starting privileges is bullshit. The rest I don't really care about.

I agree.

He has an abysmal success rate but he does post a gem about once every 3-4 months.

Fire Me Boy!

Not banned, listed on Miserable User.

Reerun_KC
This thread has some serious potential for space shuttle launch like burst.

BossChief
I'll donate a dollar if a mod will ban just passing by

Or change his name to **deflated**

You know, whatever.

KC native
06-18-2015, 10:09 AM
This thread has some serious potential for space shuttle launch like burst.

It did until you posted in it. Now, it's going to suck just like you.

JimNasium
06-18-2015, 10:10 AM
It did until you posted in it. Now, it's going to suck just like you.

All we need now is for Zach to come by and talk soccer.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-18-2015, 10:11 AM

I agree.

He has an abysmal success rate but he does post a gem about once every 3-4 months.

DeBerg would've already had his privs back were it not for some behind the scenes bullshit. Appreciate the reminder though. I'll handle that now.

srvy
06-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Open up inmem58 to post in the food threads. He makes some tasty stuff and really isn't annoying at all with the AS hate in the food posts. For the most part I dont know what gets guys banned but annoying should probably not be a criteria for ban hammer. We can criticize a player that someone dearly loves is that ban worthy? Depends I guess. Guy starts boring posts well who isn't guilty of this. The usual suspects that always question a post as being uninteresting probably have to much love for there own. Can't make everyone happy and some never. Well except if your Rain Man he is magic.

BossChief
06-18-2015, 10:12 AM
He got years of warning. Years of people calling him out for shitting up threads. You couldn't post a single thread about a single topic FOOTBALL related, much less Chiefs related, without that Bakersfield desert trash coming in and just covering it in his redundant Alexcuse Smiff diarrhea.

Good riddance.

So people shouldn't be able to post things that the general consensus doesn't agree with? That's stupid. If you don't like someone, put them on ignore and go about your business.

If that's the reason he's banned or miserable user listed, that's kinda lame.

KCUnited
06-18-2015, 10:19 AM
I'll admit that sometimes I go overboard with candy. I know it's not the healthiest, is bad for my teeth and I try to limit myself to just one piece a day, but fuck me if it's not a struggle. Plain and simple, I love chewy, sour candy.

Thanks for the reminder and discussion though. I'll start making a concerted effort to cut back.

srvy
06-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Who banned Simply Red? Can't ban those Dirty South boys they will go all witch doctor on ya. CP has has some serious bad mojo every since. Or maybe its been a shitty rainy spring and Chiefs offseason.

dirk digler
06-18-2015, 10:21 AM
What brought this on?

Pablo
06-18-2015, 10:22 AM
LMAO

Missing your InMen in the food thread, no doubt?

threebag
06-18-2015, 10:26 AM
void sweet daddy and claynus memberships and extend Deberg, Inmen, and Thig...VIP

make it rain

Predarat
06-18-2015, 10:26 AM
What we need to do is tap into the Zfile and run an audit trail on all moderating actions of all moderators. That would be interesting stuff.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 10:28 AM
What we need to do is tap into the Zfile and run an audit trail on all moderating actions of all moderators. That would be interesting stuff.

It is far easier than that.

srvy
06-18-2015, 10:32 AM
I'll admit that sometimes I go overboard with candy. I know it's not the healthiest, is bad for my teeth and I try to limit myself to just one piece a day, but fuck me if it's not a struggle. Plain and simple, I love chewy, sour candy.

Thanks for the reminder and discussion though. I'll start making a concerted effort to cut back.

Try black licorice or Necco wafers.

loochy
06-18-2015, 10:32 AM
It is far easier than that.

Oh I'm glad you chimed in. I was just about to suggest that the OP PM you regarding this topic.

Mr. Laz
06-18-2015, 10:34 AM
The problem is a complete lack of integrity in how this place is modded. There is no consistency whatsoever. It's a problem.

I don't know that we've ever agreed about anything until now.

Predarat
06-18-2015, 10:36 AM
We need to elect a MasterMod, who Mods the Mods.

notorious
06-18-2015, 10:52 AM
CP is the best forum on the net.

Don't try to happier than happy.

Hammock Parties
06-18-2015, 10:53 AM
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/53ab347869beddc757c768a5/triumph%20of%20the%20will,%20marching.gif

Hammock Parties
06-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Who banned Simply Red?

He wasn't banned. He's taking a break because people seem shitty.

srvy
06-18-2015, 10:56 AM

Can we ban him for this?

loochy
06-18-2015, 11:00 AM

I thought people seemed nice?

Hammock Parties
06-18-2015, 11:02 AM
I thought people seemed nice?

"seemed" being the operative word

loochy
06-18-2015, 11:02 AM
"seemed" being the operative word

I assume he got pooped on in private or something beyond the normal asshattery that goes on here.

Graystoke
06-18-2015, 11:13 AM
You are going to get banned for this OP.

But, this place has always been the wild wild west. I know I wouldn't want to be a mod on this board.

TEX
06-18-2015, 11:15 AM
I'd like to have an open and honest conversation. I hope you all know me well enough to know I don't mean any ill will. But I know this will likely not go over well.

We need documentation of offenses and punishments. It seems all too often that fairness and rationality is thrown out the window in favor of emotion. Without documenting offenses and punishment, there is no guideline for how to dole out action. It begs for mods to take whatever action they feel at the time, which could range from nothing to full bans. Further, it opens the door wide for mods to rationalize action or non-action. This can be a living document that grows or shrinks with time.

We have too many instances of punishment being made up on the spot. This is not OK. There is no fair and consistent moderation on this board.

The unfair treatment in this place is ridiculous. Deberg gets thumped for being annoying. Inmem gets put on Miserable User for being annoying. Dozens of other users remain untouched. Hootie gets chance after chance after chance. Joey: chance after chance after chance. Inmem: ****ed without warning. Deberg loses thread starting privileges without warning because other posters are bitching.

If we remove users that are annoying, many users would be gone. If we ban people because they post a lot, I can think of dozens of users that would have been gone years ago. Trolls? Please. Unpopular opinions? GTFO.

DC is a freakin' cesspool of rudeness, meanness, and bigotry, and not a single thing happens to anyone in there. Ever. No action taken. We all know that if DC didn't exist, all of that shit would spill into the main forum. It's just an example because it does occasionally spill over here.

Mods occasionally troll certain users (name changes, rep changes, etc.). I’m not trying to take the fun away; as long as it’s temporary, no big deal. It shouldn’t be long-term. Frazod, while questionably batchit crazy, is a good example of this.

I know of one mod who’s given up on trying to do any discipline due to other mods complaining, or members threatening to revolt. Moderation seems based on whichever mod gets annoyed first. This is not a good way to moderate a board.

Do we need some fresh blood? Maybe some mods that cannot control themselves need to fall on the sword and step down. Maybe a mod election would be good.

tl;dr: Moderation here is BS. Let’s find a way to make it right.

:facepalm:

There's always someone...

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:19 AM
I don't know that we've ever agreed about anything until now.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Shocked-William-Shatner-Star-Trek.gif

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:20 AM
You are going to get banned for this OP.

But, this place has always been the wild wild west. I know I wouldn't want to be a mod on this board.

That's fine. It would pretty much prove my point. I've done nothing banworthy.

Fish
06-18-2015, 11:20 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/rvvtw5.gif

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 11:23 AM
We need to elect a MasterMod, who Mods the Mods.

That would be Austin.

loochy
06-18-2015, 11:35 AM
That would be Austin.

but who mods austin?

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 11:39 AM
but who mods austin?

Greg Abbott.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:43 AM
LMAO

Missing your InMen in the food thread, no doubt?

To be fair, he's a perfectly civil human being in there.

Seriously, he's just the latest example. The rampant disregard for objectively moderating this board is ridiculous. This isn't just about Inmem. He was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Fish
06-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Ban all mods. Those guys are jerks.....

TimBone
06-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Inmen finally got put on MU? Fucking awesome. And don't say that dickbag got fucked without warning. He's been shitting everywhere for a long time. And someone posted a warning he received about a month ago.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Inmen finally got put on MU? ****ing awesome. And don't say that dickbag got ****ed without warning. He's been shitting everywhere for a long time. And someone posted a warning he received about a month ago.

Again, it's not just about him. I don't know the guy personally. I'm not friends with him on Facebook, and outside of the food threads, I don't really interact with him. He was just the latest example.

The larger issue is that mods don't have any guidance on what should be punished, and what the punishment should be. It's decided all willy nilly on the spot. That's bad, IMO. So why don't we do something about it? Let's document the procedure; let's PUBLISH the procedure. Then, there will be no question. You do X, you get X. It's cut and dried.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Ban all mods. Those guys are jerks.....

You're just here to stir, aren't you? LMAO

BossChief
06-18-2015, 11:50 AM
FMB, in all seriousness...you're taking this whole thing too seriously.

This place is a zoo and that's why we love it.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Again, it's not just about him. I don't know the guy personally. I'm not friends with him on Facebook, and outside of the food threads, I don't really interact with him. He was just the latest example.

The larger issue is that mods don't have any guidance on what should be punished, and what the punishment should be. It's decided all willy nilly on the spot. That's bad, IMO. So why don't we do something about it? Let's document the procedure; let's PUBLISH the procedure. Then, there will be no question. You do X, you get X. It's cut and dried.
I was just posting my opinion on Inmen. I don't really have a huge problem with how the board has been run. I acrually thought things have been pretty smooth the last year. Also, wasn't the Deberg thread privilege thing a joke? Was he upset about it?

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:52 AM
FMB, in all seriousness...you're taking this whole thing too seriously.

This place is a zoo and that's why we love it.

It can be a zoo, that's fine. I love this place, too. But I'm standing by the need to fair and consistent moderation. The way it's done now is BS.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:53 AM
I was just posting my opinion on Inmen. I don't really have a huge problem with how the board has been run. I acrually thought things have been pretty smooth the last year. Also, wasn't the Deberg thread privilege thing a joke? Was he upset about it?

A "joke" shouldn't be permanent. Flopnuts apparently forgot about it, and I think has reinstated Deberg's privileges.

Bugeater
06-18-2015, 11:56 AM
<---------- Speaking of jokes that shouldn't be permanent...I think it's been like 9 months

bevischief
06-18-2015, 11:57 AM
JFC

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 11:57 AM
<---------- Speaking of jokes that shouldn't be permanent...I think it's been like 9 months

Bugeater
06-18-2015, 11:59 AM
In all fairness, it was funny at the time. My wife posted something on FB about bacon disappearing in our kitchen, and within minutes my username was changed.

rico
06-18-2015, 12:00 PM

Is someone expecting a baby?

rico
06-18-2015, 12:01 PM
In all fairness, it was funny at the time. My wife posted something on FB about bacon disappearing in our kitchen, and within minutes my username was changed.

Oh yeah! That's right.... You used to be "Bugeater." I forgot about that!!!!!!!!

Fish
06-18-2015, 12:01 PM
You're just here to stir, aren't you? LMAO

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d3/d3d1f2528fc28f7d7e1b92172834650ddca3220f85a105b550705ed193bcdb72.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:02 PM

Yes, it was funny. But again, not permanent unless you want it that way.

BigRedChief
06-18-2015, 12:04 PM
The mods put up with a lot of shit that no one ususally sees. Pissing matches between posters. Someone upset over a post or thread and wants a ban, deletion, Personal grudges etc. I believe that they are underpaid too. That said.........

I've never been in favor of banning members unless they leave you with no choice. If they are irritating or worthless to you, place them on ignore. You will never see that posters posts again.

You hate a thread for whatever reason, place the thread on ignore.

This community needs to have irritating assholes around. People we have nothing in common with.Who wants to be a board with the same opinions and people types? If that's your thing there are plenty of other boards to hang our at that more fit what you are looking for in a board. I have no love for Imm58 but he shouldn't be on the miserable user list. He should just be on your ignore list.

You don't like Deburg thread He should just be on your ignore list.

There is a TOS. That's the rules that will get you banned. It should be
followed. If being an irritating dick will get you banned, put it in there.

Mod actions that were not justified almost cost us many long time posters. Chiefs hub has almost 120 long time posters from here on there. The mods backed off and people came back. I'd hate to see that happen again.

The mods are acting on complaints usually. Maybe is people used the tools more, they wouldn't be forced to act.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 12:06 PM
lol....I thought Bug's name change had something to do with everyone going to food names last offseason.

BigRedChief
06-18-2015, 12:06 PM
In all fairness, it was funny at the time. My wife posted something on FB about bacon disappearing in our kitchen, and within minutes my username was changed.I've had my username changed several times and casino cash stolen. But it was done in fun and temporary. That's not the type of mod issue that concerns FMB.

Hootie
06-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Umm, my one and only post here: I was only banned because one moderator had a personal vendetta against me and had too much power. I never deserved to be banned from this website and that's all I'm adding to this thread.

KCrockaholic
06-18-2015, 12:10 PM
FMB is right though. Won't matter, mods won't take this thread seriously, or make a change.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 12:11 PM
I should add an edit to my earlier post. I have had a problem with two bannings/issues since I've been here. I thought the last Hootie banning, and Frazod's whole ordeal were bogus. In fairness though, those two push back pretty hard, and that's why things escalated in both situations.

Also, I'll be making another donation to the site in honor of whichever mod MU'd Inmen. Seriously, just last week I almost posted about how much pleasurable and coherent this place has been since he left. I decided not to though, because I thought mentioning his name might bring him out of hiding. I had no idea he had been MU'd. Kudos to the mod. That's solid moderating.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Umm, my one and only post here: I was only banned because one moderator had a personal vendetta against me and had too much power. I never deserved to be banned from this website and that's all I'm adding to this thread.

This happens more than it should.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 12:16 PM
FMB is right though. Won't matter, mods won't take this thread seriously, or make a change.

Bob Dole is filling a basket with hot dogs right now.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 12:17 PM
So people shouldn't be able to post things that the general consensus doesn't agree with? That's stupid. If you don't like someone, put them on ignore and go about your business.

If that's the reason he's banned or miserable user listed, that's kinda lame.
There's nothing wrong with having.an unpopular opinion. Lots of users here have unpopular opinions and get by just fine. Inmen's problem was that he spammed every thread with incoherent, miserable babble. That would be forgivable if he was funny or amusing, but he wasn't. He was unoriginal, repetitive, and nearly illiterate.

He was decent in food threads, I agree. But he should have realized after multiple warnings that if he wanted to be able to continue to pist in those, then he needed to clean up his act in other threads.

tl;dr: Fuck him.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with having.an unpopular opinion. Lots of users here have unpopular opinions and get by just fine. Inmen's problem was that he spammed every thread with incoherent, miserable babble. That would be forgivable if he was funny or amusing, but he wasn't. He was unoriginal, repetitive, and nearly illiterate.

He was decent in food threads, I agree. But he should have realized after multiple warnings that if he wanted to be able to continue to pist in those, then he needed to clean up his act in other threads.

tl;dr: **** him.

I don't disagree that he deserved some punishment. But permanent MU is excessive. If he continues to be a PITA despite warnings and short-term bans, by all means, give him the Joey treatment.

But this isn't just about Inmem. He's just an example.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 12:23 PM
I don't disagree that he deserved some punishment. But permanent MU is excessive. If he continues to be a PITA despite warnings and short-term bans, by all means, give him the Joey treatment.

But this isn't just about Inmem. He's just an example.
Out of curiosity, was him being MU'd the latest example that sparked this thread from you? Or have I missed some juicy drama the last few days? I've been pretty busy.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Out of curiosity, was him being MU'd the latest example that sparked this thread from you? Or have I missed some juicy drama the last few days? I've been pretty busy.

=======

To be fair, he's a perfectly civil human being in there.

Seriously, he's just the latest example. The rampant disregard for objectively moderating this board is ridiculous. This isn't just about Inmem. He was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 12:25 PM
There is a great deal of butt hurt in this thread. I think the idea that there can be fair and consistent moderation is a joke, unless there's only one mod. And Jesus knows we're all not going to be goosestepping around to Austin Chief's Hippie war marches or swinging on Floppy's giant Stalinesque mustache rather than just abandoning ship.

The fact that this is actually a discussion tells me that FMB is too serious and has too much time on his hands. The uncertainty is why we love it here. It's the Russian Roulette of the Chiefsian internet.

Bugeater
06-18-2015, 12:26 PM
lol....I thought Bug's name change had something to do with everyone going to food names last offseason.
I did have it changed to Bacon Cheeseburger for a while at that time, but then it was changed back for a short time before the bacon incident. It's not like it really matters though, everyone knows it's me.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 12:27 PM
=======
Ahh. Missed that post.

eDave
06-18-2015, 12:28 PM
This happens more than it should.

Hootie posting just once in a thread happens less than it should.

:evil:

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:29 PM
I think the idea that there can be fair and consistent moderation is a joke, unless there's only one mod.

Seriously? How hard is it to say, "These are the rules, and here is what will happen to you when you break them."?

That's all I'm asking for. Some kind of SOP so we don't have to tiptoe around hoping we don't annoy a mod that day.

cabletech94
06-18-2015, 12:29 PM

ironically, guess who's birthday is today?:hmmm:

ChiliConCarnage
06-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Inmem was purposefully shitting up threads and throwing an e-tantrum. He was begging to be banned

I thought people were joking about hating Deberg threads. I don't have any problems with him.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:30 PM

The thread hasn't been closed yet, so give it time. ROFL

loochy
06-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Seriously? How hard is it to say, "These are the rules, and here is what will happen to you when you break them."?

That's all I'm asking for. Some kind of SOP so we don't have to tiptoe around hoping we don't annoy a mod that day.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:31 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable

Yeah, because that's followed.

Saul Good
06-18-2015, 12:32 PM

Meanwhile, phobia is gone, and there has been no hootie related drama in recent memory...

Bugeater
06-18-2015, 12:32 PM
I thought people were joking about hating Deberg threads. I don't have any problems with him.
I thought they were jokes too, but apparently someone did have a real problem with it. And it's pretty much all TimBone's fault since he's the one that started the "I'd rather ________ than read another DeBerg thread".

DaFace
06-18-2015, 12:34 PM

Eh, it's harder than you think. I tried doing things by the letter of the law as it's written in the rules, but then you end up with people who are just generally obnoxious that derail every single thread, and you don't have any way of taking care of it. There will always be judgment calls.

I don't disagree with you that things seem consistent sometimes, but unless you force the mods to vote on every single decision, there will always be some variability from person to person.

loochy
06-18-2015, 12:34 PM
I thought they were jokes too, but apparently someone did have a real problem with it. And it's pretty much all TimBone's fault since he's the one that started the "I'd rather ________ than read another DeBerg thread".

I agree. I thought it was just a longtime thing everyone did on here...sort of like posting Q. I didn't know he got banned and if he did, that's kind of jacked up.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Eh, it's harder than you think. I tried doing things by the letter of the law as it's written in the rules, but then you end up with people who are just generally obnoxious that derail every single thread, and you don't have any way of taking care of it. There will always be judgment calls.

I don't disagree with you that things seem consistent sometimes, but unless you force the mods to vote on every single decision, there will always be some variability from person to person.

What's the problem with forcing a vote on anything that isn't a clear violation? Anything that needs to be taken care of RIGHT NOW should be covered and be a clear cut case for moderation.

Maybe the answer to this is being a Mod shouldn't be a lifetime post. Maybe a 2-year post. We have 8 mods, plus Kyle? So every year, change out four mods. Mods can be mods for multiple terms, but they cannot be consecutive terms.

Just an idea off the top of my head.

threebag
06-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Hootie seems to have given himself a roofie he has forgotten things from the past.

ChiliConCarnage
06-18-2015, 12:45 PM
What's the problem with forcing a vote on anything that isn't a clear violation? Anything that needs to be taken care of RIGHT NOW should be covered and be a clear cut case for moderation.

Maybe the answer to this is being a Mod shouldn't be a lifetime post. Maybe a 2-year post. We have 8 mods, plus Kyle? So every year, change out four mods. Mods can be mods for multiple terms, but they cannot be consecutive terms.

Just an idea off the top of my head.

The first part makes sense for one-off situations that aren't in the rules

I'm not sure how switching mods would help with consistency. I'd think it'd make it worse

Lex Luthor
06-18-2015, 12:45 PM

A "complete lack of integrity" is a pretty subjective judgement. In whose opinion? Yours?

Something is a "problem" only if innocent people are being damaged. Who is being damaged by this "lack of integrity"?

I agree with the earlier post in this thread that said "Don't want to be banned? Don't be annoying."

I honestly don't see how adding a whole shitload of rules, regulations, guidelines for punishments, ... etc. will improve this site. One of the things I like about this site is that it's pretty much total anarchy, within limits.

You are proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. There are plenty of sites available that are very heavily moderated. Have you checked any of them out?

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:50 PM
A "complete lack of integrity" is a pretty subjective judgement. In whose opinion? Yours?

Something is a "problem" only if innocent people are being damaged. Who is being damaged by this "lack of integrity"?

I agree with the earlier post in this thread that said "Don't want to be banned? Don't be annoying."

I honestly don't see how adding a whole shitload of rules, regulations, guidelines for punishments, ... etc. will improve this site. One of the things I like about this site is that it's pretty much total anarchy, within limits.

You are proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. There are plenty of sites available that are very heavily moderated. Have you checked any of them out?

I don't want it heavily moderated. I want it fairly moderated.

Annoying isn't against the rules.

This board is moderated at times at the whim of the mod. There's no integrity to that. (And just to be clear, by using the word integrity, I'm not saying anyone's being dishonest; I mean the "consistency" definition of integrity.)

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:51 PM
The first part makes sense for one-off situations that aren't in the rules

I'm not sure how switching mods would help with consistency. I'd think it'd make it worse

It might. Like I said, just a thought at the tip of my noggin. I'm not sure that mods being like Supreme Court Justices is a good idea, though.

Kman34
06-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Reading this thread I can't help but think of this.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9FnO3igOkOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimBone
06-18-2015, 12:52 PM
lol...Big Smoke started the original "I would rather..." thread. I just carried over into posting it in every Deberg thread. I made plenty of disclaimers that I had no serious problem with Deberg threads though. And when he posted a serious quality thread, I didn't post the schtick in those.

Also, I think even Deberg was getting in on the joke. In the last few months he was posting some rather ridiculous threads, I believe as a joke.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 12:55 PM
Reading this thread I can't help but think of this.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9FnO3igOkOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just so I'm clear, am I Daniel Kaffee, Col. Nathan Jessup, Pfc. Santiago, or some bystander like Weinberg, Kendrick, or Jack Ross?

Lex Luthor
06-18-2015, 12:56 PM
I don't want it heavily moderated. I want it fairly moderated.

Annoying isn't against the rules.

This board is moderated at times at the whim of the mod. There's no integrity to that. (And just to be clear, by using the word integrity, I'm not saying anyone's being dishonest; I mean the "consistency" definition of integrity.)
I don't know you at all, but one thing I have noticed is that every now and then you decide to go on a crusade to change something about this site. I remember when you were all up in arms over people posting NSFW photos that were causing a problem for you when you were viewing this site at work. Most people, if this were a problem, would simply stop viewing the site while they're at work. You, on the other hand, started a thread demanding that the site be changed in order to cater to your preferences.

This seems a lot like that.

Lzen
06-18-2015, 01:00 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d3/d3d1f2528fc28f7d7e1b92172834650ddca3220f85a105b550705ed193bcdb72.jpg

That's funny. You're serious face looks an awful lot like your stoned out of your gourd face.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't know you at all, but one thing I have noticed is that every now and then you decide to go on a crusade to change something about this site. I remember when you were all up in arms over people posting NSFW photos that were causing a problem for you when you were viewing this site at work. Most people, if this were a problem, would simply stop viewing the site while they're at work. You, on the other hand, started a thread demanding that the site be changed in order to cater to your preferences.

God forbid anyone challenge the status quo. You gotta stand up for what you believe in, man.

Seems like many agreed and felt the NSFW tag was an improvement, since it doubly removed the offending material from showing up on things like Google and marking the site as pr0n.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Just so I'm clear, am I Daniel Kaffee, Col. Nathan Jessup, Pfc. Santiago, or some bystander like Weinberg, Kendrick, or Jack Ross?
Demi Moore's left breast.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:02 PM

I'm OK with that.

TimBone

Well, that was a valid complaint. They're called NSFW tags for a reason.

Bob Dole

And we HAD a "vote", and this is your tantrum.

Kman34
06-18-2015, 01:07 PM

I way I see it.... the Mods are Jessup, you are Kaffee, and Inmem is Santiago.....

loochy
06-18-2015, 01:08 PM

Dumb and childish.

I hate Alex Smith.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Dumb and childish.

I hate Alex Smith.
I think we've all had enough of Loochy's shit. I look forward to logging in next week and finding him on MU.

Fire Me Boy!
And we HAD a "vote", and this is your tantrum.

Again. Inmem is just one example.

When did "annoying" become a bannable/MU-user offense? And what did he do that was so egregious to justify not giving him another chance?

I recall some time ago there being discussion about when a user gets banned a mod posting the reason and thought behind the action. Maybe all we really need is some transparency in the process.

TLO
http://media3.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/giphy.gif

TLO
06-18-2015, 01:11 PM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/giphy.gif

Kman34
06-18-2015, 01:13 PM

When did "annoying" become a bannable/MU-user offense? And what did he do that was so egregious to justify not giving him another chance?

I recall some time ago there being discussion about when a user gets banned a mod posting the reason and thought behind the action. Maybe all we really need is some transparency in the process.

It was a "Code Red"

TimBone
06-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Dumb and childish.

I hate Alex Smith.
Also, your spelling and grammar in this post was way too accurate to properly parody an Inmen post.

Lzen
06-18-2015, 01:15 PM
The whole NSFW notice thing was good.

This thread, not so much. Modding is not so easily black and white. There has to be some discretion. And changing out mods every so often probably sounds a lot easier that it actually is. I don't imagine it's easy to find people who are capable as well as willing to do that thankless job. IMO, the mods on this forum do just fine. I've seen much worse.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:20 PM
The whole NSFW notice thing was good.

This thread, not so much. Modding is not so easily black and white. There has to be some discretion. And changing out mods every so often probably sounds a lot easier that it actually is. I don't imagine it's easy to find people who are capable as well as willing to do that thankless job. IMO, the mods on this forum do just fine. I've seen much worse.

Switching things out may be a bad idea. I was winging it at the moment. And I'm sure it's not easy, and it's certainly thankless. But I think we can have an expectation of fairness, which we do not right now. At least as far as I've seen it.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Also, FMB, how do you know how many warnings Inmen received before mod action?

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:21 PM

No comment.

loochy
06-18-2015, 01:23 PM
No comment.

BECAUSE HE'S AN INMEN MULT

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 01:23 PM

If someone wants to turn every fucking thread on the site into the same fucking topic, Bob Dole will ban their annoying ass in a heartbeat. How is that for "consistent".

Bob Dole couldn't give a rat's ass what you or anyone else thinks is "fair" at this point. This place has become a fucking cesspool in the past year. Bob Dole had over 40 threads and 25 users on ignore, for fuck's sake.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:24 PM
BECAUSE HE'S AN INMEN MULT

LMAO

In all seriousness, I briefly debated giving him my credentials just to see how differently "I" would be treated by posting "his" nonsense.

jspchief
06-18-2015, 01:25 PM

It's actually really fucking hard. You can't predict every single thing that is bad for the forum. Some things can't even accurately be put into words. And the minute you try to make a hard and fast set of rules, the dickbags that managed to get disciplined on one of the loosest forums on the net will manage to find ways to skate the edge while still being massive dickbags.

People say things have always been fast and loose on this forum, but the reality is this forum used to collectively be much better at taking out the trash. The fucking trolls got ran out on a rail in the past.

There's really only 1 rule you need to know. Don't be a MASSIVE douchebag. You can be a douchebag. A lot. You can even be a pretty big douchebag pretty often. But if you are being a huge douchebag 99% of the time, it's going to catch up to you eventually. You can piss and moan all you want about the subjectivity of defining douchebag, but at the end of the day it takes an extraordinary level of annoyance to bring significant mod action on yourself.

This forum has turned into a shithole for football discussion and the biggest reason is the board as a whole doesn't reign in the fucking shitposters. The only criticism the mods deserve is for not acting sooner on these infantile fucks that can't manage to go 2 consecutive posts without being retards.

notorious
06-18-2015, 01:27 PM

I am shocked that he didn't attempt to steer this thread towards Peyton discussion.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 01:28 PM
We're almost to 10 pages. It is time to turn this in to a thread about how much Alex Smith sucks.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:28 PM
If someone wants to turn every ****ing thread on the site into the same ****ing topic, Bob Dole will ban their annoying ass in a heartbeat. How is that for "consistent".

Bob Dole couldn't give a rat's ass what you or anyone else thinks is "fair" at this point. This place has become a ****ing cesspool in the past year. Bob Dole had over 40 threads and 25 users on ignore, for ****'s sake.

It's consistent, I'll give you that. Is worth a permaban? I've said earlier, give the person a couple chances to show they can't be trusted, then give them the Joey treatment. That's seems fair. Inmem hasn't gone so far to deserve Joey treatment, though.

And 40 threads and 25 users you totally weren't paying attention to. That's some awesome modding, Bob Dole! :thumb:

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 01:30 PM
It's consistent, I'll give you that. Is worth a permaban? I've said earlier, give the person a couple chances to show they can't be trusted, then give them the Joey treatment. That's seems fair. Inmem hasn't gone so far to deserve Joey treatment, though.

And 40 threads and 25 users you totally weren't paying attention to. That's some awesome modding, Bob Dole! :thumb:

And the other mods are aware of it. That's one of the great things about having a team.

And BTW: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bannable

Sandy Vagina
06-18-2015, 01:31 PM
We're almost to 10 pages. It is time to turn this in to a thread about how much Alex Smith sucks.

You're doing it wrong. The thread needs to devolve into:

"CP has devolved only because of the 49er fan, Alex ball-washers!"

It is the only way...

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:32 PM
And the other mods are aware of it. That's one of the great things about having a team.

And BTW: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bannable

Someone else posted that earlier. I'll say the same thing to you I said to them:

Yeah, because that's followed.

And I don't see "annoying" in that list.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 01:34 PM
LMAO

In all seriousness, I briefly debated giving him my credentials just to see how differently "I" would be treated by posting "his" nonsense.
That wouldn't have lasted long. Unless you were going to give him grammar lessons, the situation would have raised suspicion fairly quickly. Then mods would check IP address, and see it belonged to Inmen.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:35 PM
That wouldn't have lasted long. Unless you were going to give him grammar lessons, the situation would have raised suspicion fairly quickly. Then mods would check IP address, and see it belonged to Inmen.

Troof.

And ultimately I didn't trust him to not change my email address so I couldn't recover.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Someone else posted that earlier. I'll say the same thing to you I said to them:

"Overloading the front page with threads" covers this situation.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 01:41 PM

Spin, spin, spin. I disagree, but even if I agreed, it's still not a permaban offense when you consider the other people you've given second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth chances.

Bufkin
06-18-2015, 01:42 PM
I think this place has great mods. Outside of one dickhead, I can't complain.

Sofa King
06-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Fine, I'll do it.... jesus.... Make me a mod and I'll clean this shit up.

Bufkin
06-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Also, I'm still not 100 percent sure what miserable user list is, but hot damn that's hilarious that InMen is on it. Fuck that guy. In his asshole.

In58men
06-18-2015, 01:44 PM

I didn't receive any warning. It's all good, people take shit too serious on here. I still love you guys. No hard feelings. You're a good guy FMB.

I'll be lurking, but not posting as often as it's very difficult to do so. Hope this can be resolved soon.

Kman34
06-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Fine, I'll do it.... jesus.... Make me a mod and I'll clean this shit up.

Which one are you??

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfRKPfBY-ybJAqynnwqCBAznT6aKBS9hLHutmsBnyo3Cbx9FPQ:ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA5OTQzMTYyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQxMDU1MQ%40%40._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Bufkin
06-18-2015, 01:46 PM
I didn't receive any warning. It's all good, people take shit too serious on here. I still love you guys. No hard feelings. You're a good guy FMB.

I'll be lurking, but not posting as often as it's very difficult to do so. Hope this can be resolved soon.
Yes. Lurk all you want. Just quit derailing every fucking thread that is started within 90 seconds. Lurk away, and don't post as often. I'll hold you to that.

eDave
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Yes. Lurk all you want. Just quit derailing every ****ing thread that is started within 90 seconds. Lurk away, and don't post as often. I'll hold you to that.

You, my friend, seem like a guy who is always on the verge of a ban.

rico
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
You're doing it wrong. The thread needs to devolve into:

"CP has devolved only because of the 49er fan, Alex ball-washers!"

It is the only way...

And because of that, you and Temper11 should be banned-ed. You guys make this place a much less titillating experience. I know I am much less tittilated in my CP experience because of you obsessive delusionoids.

Bufkin
06-18-2015, 01:51 PM
You, my friend, seem like a guy who is always on the verge of a ban.
Cite an instance.

There's probably been 4 instances where I've said "man, that guy needs to be banned". One of those times was your rant about RedNeckRaider and his daughter. Truly one of the most disturbing things I've read on here.

And yeah, there have been times where I should have been suspended. The whole butthole fingering post in the AP thread was one of those instances. That's a reason why I didn't post for a few months.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 01:54 PM

People not wanting to wade through your constant spamming and incoherent babble while trying to enjoy the site does not mean they're taking the site too seriously.

You may have not received formal warning, but half of the normal users here(including mulitple mods) were telling you that you were becoming a huge dickbag and dicking up any thread you decided to post in. If you couldn't take that hint, that's on you.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 01:56 PM
LMAO

You know what I think, I think you're being a whiner and a drama queen.

This is one of the most loosely moderated sights out there. Point out a Chiefs football sight where you can get away with half the crap you can around here.................go. Yeah that's what I thought.

One thing I have figured out about this place is you are never going to satisfy everyone and what we try to do is hit a happy medium. There are always going to be people who are butt hurt about various things at any given time and that's the way it is, that's never going to change. You know what else is cool about this place, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them stay. If this place makes you that sad, you have a choice, leave.

rico
06-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Cite an instance.

There's probably been 4 instances where I've said "man, that guy needs to be banned". One of those times was your rant about RedNeckRaider and his daughter. Truly one of the most disturbing things I've read on here.

And yeah, there have been times where I should have been suspended. The whole butthole fingering post in the AP thread was one of those instances. That's a reason why I didn't post for a few months.

And this guy has BIG fingers.

LMAO

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 02:01 PM

keg in kc
06-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Internet: Serious Business

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:02 PM
LMAO

You know what I think, I think you're being a whiner and a drama queen.

This is one of the most loosely moderated sights out there. Point out a Chiefs football sight where you can get away with half the crap you can around here.................go. Yeah that's what I thought.

One thing I have figured out about this place is you are never going to satisfy everyone and what we try to do is hit a happy medium. There are always going to be people who are butt hurt about various things at any given time and that's the way it is, that's never going to change. You know what else is cool about this place, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them stay. If this place makes you that sad, you have a choice, leave.

You know what I think? I think if that's how you feel you're probably part of the problem. Why is fairness and consistency too much to ask?

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Spin, spin, spin. I disagree, but even if I agreed, it's still not a permaban offense when you consider the other people you've given second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth chances.

He isn't permabanned. Stop making shit up.

Bearcat
06-18-2015, 02:05 PM
A few notes after skimming...

-- Nothing is permanent around here.
-- Decisions aren't "on the spot"/random just because you don't see the discussion happening in the background. The good thing about multiple mods who are all pretty laid back is that in cases like Inmem, you have to try really hard.
-- People need warnings for being trolls? This isn't grade school and it goes back to "nothing is permanent"... and was getting thread starting privs taken away not a warning? Here's an idea, be an adult and realize maybe it's you.
-- This place hands out second chances like candy... if SportsRacer, etc; can stick around for years after screwing up once every few months, it can' be that hard to figure out?
-- This place is still one of the lightest moderated places around that isn't a complete cesspool... there isn't rampant mod abuse/bannings.
-- As far as fresh blood, we had these threads when Phobia was mod, when DaFace was mod, when they took a backseat, when Phobia came back, when he left again... not that others couldn't do it better or whatever, but we've only had these discussions a few times per year for a decade... maybe stuff like this will exist as long as different people hold different opinions? :shrug:

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Also, I'm still not 100 percent sure what miserable user list is, but hot damn that's hilarious that InMen is on it. **** that guy. In his asshole.

The pages load painfully slow.

Fire Me Boy!
He isn't permabanned. Stop making shit up.

Sorry, perma-MU'd. Stop defending an excessive response.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
As a former target of the mods, I will agree that inconsistency can be frustrating. I haven't really improved (much) as a poster, but people have learned to ignore me. Makes for a better CP experience. I get my kicks... nobody takes me seriously. It's a good system. I do really enjoy this place and the people here so I appreciate leniency from Mods. Hope they change their minds on a few guys.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 02:10 PM
As a former target of the mods, I will agree that inconsistency can be frustrating. I haven't really improved (much) as a poster, but people have learned to ignore me. Makes for a better CP experience. I get my kicks... nobody takes me seriously. It's a good system. I do really enjoy this place and the people here so I appreciate leniency from Mods. Hope they change their minds on a few guys.
And you still need a hug.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Sorry, perma-MU'd. Stop defending an excessive response.

How is that for excessive?

srvy
06-18-2015, 02:11 PM
lol...Big Smoke started the original "I would rather..." thread. I just carried over into posting it in every Deberg thread. I made plenty of disclaimers that I had no serious problem with Deberg threads though. And when he posted a serious quality thread, I didn't post the schtick in those.

Also, I think even Deberg was getting in on the joke. In the last few months he was posting some rather ridiculous threads, I believe as a joke.

I personally thought those "I would rather posts"are pretty annoying in the same way that Inmem mucking up any chiefs related post with AS hate. I just tend to not gripe about it. I might post a response back but normally just scroll on to the next post. And Inmem58 is far from the only poster here that does it just not as popular as them.

KCUnited
06-18-2015, 02:13 PM
I know whats for dinner.

:popcorn:

Bwana
06-18-2015, 02:14 PM
You know what I think? I think if that's how you feel you're probably part of the problem. Why is fairness and consistency too much to ask?

I honestly don't care how you feel about me Captain. I don't think I have put the hammer down on anyone in over 6 months, I tend to let most stuff slide. As I stated before, not everyone has the same ideas and at any given time there are going to be people that are upset, butt hurt, or pissed off about something. 98% of the people in here are great.

eDave
06-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Cite an instance.

Oh yeah. That. :(

I definitely should have been 86'd. I even asked for a ban at the time (or openly stated I would accept it) and couldn't get one and I suspect that the mod involved judged based on his own personal views of the thread topic, and perhaps RnR.

RnR and I are BFF's now though. :thumb:

And I'm just fuggin with you, as I do.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:18 PM
I honestly don't care how you feel about me Captain. I don't think I have put the hammer down on anyone in over 6 months, I tend to let most stuff slide. As I stated before, not everyone has the same ideas and at any given time there are going to be people that are upset, butt hurt, or pissed off about something. 98% of the people in here are great.

Whatever you say, Tiger.

I still fail to see how fair and consistent is too much to ask.

srvy
06-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Also, your spelling and grammar in this post was way too accurate to properly parody an Inmen post.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6f/fa/bf/6ffabfcbac2ed5a2bece5a01e18b055e.jpg

Sofa King
06-18-2015, 02:21 PM
I'd like to know where i stand, officially. Am I a shitty poster with intelligent but misplaced posts who needs banning but is lucky because it's so slack, or am i the good poster who gets frustrated by shitty posters like me posting shitty posts in my awesome threads?

KC native
06-18-2015, 02:21 PM

Well, that's because everyone learned that you're an assTomouth fan so we all realized that you were pretty stupid and just started ignoring about 99.65% of what you post.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:22 PM
Well, that's because everyone learned that you're an assTomouth fan so we all realized that you were pretty stupid and just started ignoring about 99.65% of what you post.

You're being generous.

KC native
06-18-2015, 02:23 PM
I'd like to know where i stand, officially. Am I a shitty poster with intelligent but misplaced posts who needs banning but is lucky because it's so slack, or am i the good poster who gets frustrated by shitty posters like me posting shitty posts in my awesome threads?

To determine this, you have to answer one question.

Is Alex Smith

a) an adequate, slightly better than Steve DeBerg type QB?

b) a mediocre QB who will never win the big one (similar to A but not quite A)?

c) a fucking disgusting waste of a QB who cost us 2 draft picks, a boat load of money, and will never throw down field or into a crowd?

06-18-2015, 02:24 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. The only thing dumber than an aggie is an aggie t-shirt fan

eDave
06-18-2015, 02:24 PM

Is Alex Smith

c) a ****ing disgusting waste of a QB who cost us 2 draft picks, a boat load of money, and will never throw down field or into a crowd?

Yay. An Alex Smith thread. :evil:

KC native
06-18-2015, 02:25 PM
The mods are pretty good here.

I can push the line sometimes and there are a couple of mods who really dislike me (HAI GUISE YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) but they've still been pretty fair with me.

It's pretty easy to not make yourself a target for bans here.

KC native
06-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Yay. An Alex Smith thread.

dumb.

This about where Sofa King fits into the chiefsplanet.com taxonomy.

Predarat
06-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Is Alex Smith

c) a ****ing disgusting waste of a QB who cost us 2 draft picks, a boat load of money, and will never throw down field or into a crowd?

C but not quite as bad as cAssHole by just a wee little bit.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Whatever you say, Tiger.

I still fail to see how fair and consistent is too much to ask.

If you think everyone around here is going to all be happy at any given time with all the moderation decisions and other posters, you live in a secular universe. As I stated before "fair" is a subjective term. Your idea of what's fair is not necessarily going to be what the guy standing next to you thinks fair is.

You act like the mean evil mods are just chomping at the bit waiting to fuck someone over. Yeah sorry to break it to you but that's just not the case. Like I said, as far as I'm concerned 98% of the people around here a good shits, 2% are douche bags. I focus on 98% to chat with and the other 2% when I have to.

hometeam
06-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Who really cares. Honestly.

Nobody :/

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:37 PM
If you think everyone around here is going to all be happy at any given time with all the moderation decisions and other posters, you live in a secular universe. As I stated before "fair" is a subjective term. Your idea of what's fair is not necessarily going to be what the guy standing next to you thinks fair is.

You act like the mean evil mods are just chomping at the bit waiting to **** someone over. Yeah sorry to break it to you but that's just not the case. Like I said, as far as I'm concerned 98% of the people around here a good shits, 2% are douche bags. I focus on 98% to chat with and the other 2% when I have to.

If you think "consistent" is how this board is moderated, you live on Fantasy Island.

KC native
C but not quite as bad as cAssHole by just a wee little bit.

You, sir, are a top tier poster.

Bob Dole
Bob Dole is going to go buy a 12 pack.

Tonight's goal is 25 bannings.

Sofa King
06-18-2015, 02:38 PM

Is Alex Smith

Who's Alex Smith?

KC native
06-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Who's Alex Smith?

You, sir, are a top tier poster. Carry on as you have been.

KC native
06-18-2015, 02:39 PM

This mod hates me. He's never banned me either.

It's not fucking hard to avoid being banned here.

MahiMike
06-18-2015, 02:39 PM
lottery system.

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 02:41 PM
I can't believe that this thread, draped in dipshittery as it is, is nearing 200 posts. I'm contributing to it, but who really gives a shit? It's an internet message board.

FMB needs to chill the fuck out, take a Xanax, and perhaps find another outlet for his paranoid concern.

hometeam
06-18-2015, 02:41 PM
I can't believe that this thread, draped in dipshittery as it is, is nearing 200 posts. I'm contributing to it, but who really gives a shit? It's an internet message board.

FMB needs to chill the **** out, take a Xanax, and perhaps find another outlet for his paranoid concern.

Its as if he needs some sort of hobby..

cooking maybe? Yea, maybe he should try cooking.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 02:42 PM
If you think "consistent" is how this board is moderated, you live on Fantasy Island.

If you think all the mods (or any given mod) are going to ever make a decision that everyone agrees with then you're the one that's delusional. Do you REALLY think this place is run with an iron fist? Hit one of the other Chiefs sights for 48 hours come back and lets talk.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 02:42 PM

It's not ****ing hard to avoid being banned here.

Hell, Bob Dole doesn't even have you on ignore.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 02:44 PM

It's not ****ing hard to avoid being banned here.

You know what you're right. You really have to be a flaming douche to get shit canned around here.

Predarat
06-18-2015, 02:44 PM
You, sir, are a top tier poster.

http://llerrah.com/images4/thankgraphic.gif

Bwana
06-18-2015, 02:45 PM

FMB needs to chill the **** out, take a Xanax, and perhaps find another outlet for his paranoid concern.

Midget porn?

tooge

thats the best dadgummed idea i've seen in this thread yet. Everyone PM Bob Dole to see how buzzed he is tonight.

You know what you're right. You really have to be a flaming douche to get shit canned around here.

:(

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:46 PM
If you think all the mods (or any given mod) are going to ever make a decision that everyone agrees with then you're the one that's delusional. Do you REALLY think this place is run with an iron fist? Hit one of the other Chiefs sights for 48 hours come back and lets talk.

You really don't get it. I'm not asking everyone agrees with it. I'm asking that the rules and punishments be applied consistently. One person does something, they get 27 passes. Someone else does the same thing, they get a vacation. That's bull, man.

Red Beans

Sounds like you're advocating for FMB to take a break. Maybe something moderator mandated? What's the word I'm looking for... I just can't think of it right now...

Easy 6
I definitely agree that "punishments" are helter skelter... longtime, inoffensive users like Deberg get jacked over, yet other shitheads who go out of their way to be assholes often seem to get free rein.

Actually, until now I didn't know Deberg had been banned from thread making because of people bitching to mods? are you ****ing serious, no joke?

If so, that's a goddamn disgrace... some petty bitching and shopworn "deberg thread" jokes are all it takes to get a vet user banned from making threads now?

Or shit man, even Inmem... you idiots do know that there is a way to block his threads, right?

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 02:47 PM
WHO WANTS A FREE HOT DOG?

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Sounds like you're advocating for FMB to take a break. Maybe something moderator mandated? What's the word I'm looking for... I just can't think of it right now...

I've done nothing deserving of a ban.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 02:48 PM
I definitely agree that "punishments" are helter skelter... longtime, inoffensive users like Deberg get jacked over, yet other shitheads who go out of their way to be assholes often seem to get free rein.

Actually, until now I didn't know Deberg had been banned from thread making because of people bitching to mods? are you ****ing serious, no joke?

If so, that's a goddamn disgrace... some petty bitching and shopworn "deberg thread" jokes are all it takes to get a vet user banned from making threads now?

Or shit man, even Inmem... you idiots do know that there is a way to block his threads, right?

You know who else can't start threads now? :)

Predarat
06-18-2015, 02:49 PM
FREE DEBERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 02:50 PM
I've done nothing deserving of a ban.

You're kind of annoying. It's good enough for me.

Bearcat
06-18-2015, 02:51 PM

You act like the mean evil mods are just chomping at the bit waiting to fuck someone over. Yeah sorry to break it to you but that's just not the case. Like I said, as far as I'm concerned 98% of the people around here a good shits, 2% are douche bags. I focus on 98% to chat with and the other 2% when I have to.

Yep, some want no moderation, some want enough moderation to make the place still readable without putting 100 people on ignore, some people want the same moderation that you'd see anywhere else.

The one thing that's been consistent for a decade and a half is that you have to try really hard for MU or any long lasting punishment. People can argue about mods screwing with people and whether some 1 week ban or a name change was consistent with another action, but then I'd wonder if that's really worth arguing about, because even that stuff isn't rampant... and that's probably the downside to multiple mods. But, when it comes to long term stuff, it's hard to get us to all agree and even harder to get us all to care enough to chime in.... if you've gotten the attention of several mods and we're all saying it's time to go, then yeah, let's not act like the outcome blindsided someone.

KC native
06-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Hell, Bob Dole doesn't even have you on ignore.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Yep, some want no moderation, some want enough moderation to make the place still readable without putting 100 people on ignore, some people want the same moderation that you'd see anywhere else.

The one thing that's been consistent for a decade and a half is that you have to try really hard for MU or any long lasting punishment. People can argue about mods screwing with people and whether some 1 week ban or a name change was consistent with another action, but then I'd wonder if that's really worth arguing about, because even that stuff isn't rampant... and that's probably the downside to multiple mods. But, when it comes to long term stuff, it's hard to get us to all agree and even harder to get us all to care enough to chime in.... if you've gotten the attention of several mods and we're all saying it's time to go, then yeah, let's not act like the outcome blindsided someone.

Long-term action without a warning as simple as "hey dipshit, knock it off or we will ban you" seems excessive, no?

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
You're kind of annoying. It's good enough for me.

You should watch your own back, too, then.

Easy 6
06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
You know who else can't start threads now? :)

YOU EGG SUCKING DOG YOU.

Inmem, ok I kinda get it... but you guys gotta free Deberg, he doesn't deserve the thread ban... dude doesn't ever try to offend or throw shit on the board just to do it.

Its just that sometimes what he finds interesting... isn't.

jspchief
06-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Long-term action without a warning as simple as "hey dipshit, knock it off or we will ban you" seems excessive, no?People have been telling inmem to knock it the fuck off for the last 12 months. If he's too stupid to here, don't blame it on the mods.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 02:56 PM
You really don't get it. I'm not asking everyone agrees with it. I'm asking that the rules and punishments be applied consistently. One person does something, they get 27 passes. Someone else does the same thing, they get a vacation. That's bull, man.

LMAO You know what, it's not perfect, it's never been perfect and it's never going to be perfect. The mods are volunteers that try to help out and aren't being paid to do so in fact, this place has cost me money. I just gave another $50 to Kyle for his server upgrade.

You have different guys with different personalities that are not going to make the same exact same decisions all the time like a fucking robot or in your words "be consistent." We try to talk things over in the mod lounge and stick to a specific path but there are times there may be one mod around and that mod will make a call.

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 02:57 PM
You should watch your own back, too, then.

Oh God! What could happen?!? The suspense!?! The potential horror!

The difference between us being I'm not some petulant, humorless turd that's advocating for fairness and equality on a freaking message board. It's the internet. That box you're staring at? The real world is beyond it...Go there.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 02:58 PM

Heh no just telling him to go take a look around and I think he will come back with a new understanding about how lax this place is.

seclark
06-18-2015, 02:58 PM
you know what? piss on this...I quit.
find another mod.
sec

eDave
06-18-2015, 02:59 PM
People have been telling inmem to knock it the **** off for the last 12 months. If he's too stupid to here, don't blame it on the mods.

:clap:

eDave
06-18-2015, 02:59 PM
you know what? piss on this...I quit.
find another mod.
sec

I didn't even know you were a Mod. THAT is a good Mod.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 03:00 PM
LMAO You know what, it's not perfect, it's never been perfect and it's never going to be perfect. The mods are volunteers that try to help out and aren't being paid to do so in fact, this place has cost me money. I just gave another $50 to Kyle for his server upgrade.

You have different guys with different personalities that are not going to make the same exact same decisions all the time like a fucking robot or in your words "be consistent." We try to talk things over in the mod lounge and stick to a specific path but there are times there may be one mod around and that mod will make a call.

Which is why in the OP I suggested to freakin' document infractions and punishments. It takes the guesswork out.

Just because it's not perfect and never will be perfect doesn't mean we should give up making it better.

I know you're invested because you're a mod, but man, really, just because this is how it's always been doesn't that's the way it has to stay.

And I too have donated to the cause in the past.

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 03:01 PM
The whole purpose of this thread is so inane that the thread itself has become entertaining to me. Irony!

Predarat
06-18-2015, 03:02 PM
We should have an *****OFFICIAL Chiefs Planet Infractions and other Mod Actions****** spreadsheet on google docs, made public for all.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 03:03 PM
YOU EGG SUCKING DOG YOU.

Inmem, ok I kinda get it... but you guys gotta free Deberg, he doesn't deserve the thread ban... dude doesn't ever try to offend or throw shit on the board just to do it.

Its just that sometimes what he finds interesting... isn't.

9 times a day.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Long-term action without a warning as simple as "hey dipshit, knock it off or we will ban you" seems excessive, no?
For fucks sake, FMB. He DID get warnings, both formal(thread starting priviliges taken away) and informal(half the fucking users, including multiple mods, telling him to quit being a dickbag).

Inmen put himself where he is now.

You ever notice how whenever someone is banned or MU'd, how there is always at least five or six posters coming to their defense? How come not one poster aside from you has expressed any support for Inmen, or any disappointment with the mods MU'ing him? I'll tell you why, because he deserved it. He shit in just about every thread for months. He created useless and miserable threads at an annoying rate. He did it long enough to get the mods attention. They took his thread starting priveleges away, and he bitched about THAT in just about every thread he posted in. He pushed the limits to the point where the mods apparently voted about his status, and he lost the vote. It was a reasonable action.

Time to move on.

KC native
06-18-2015, 03:04 PM
I'm going to need all participants in this thread to report to my top tier poster thread.

kthxbye.

Bob Dole
06-18-2015, 03:05 PM
We should have an *****OFFICIAL Chiefs Planet Infractions and other Mod Actions****** spreadsheet on google docs, made public for all.

And you know how many entries Bob Dole will make?

FREE FUCKING HOT DOGS. THAT'S HOW MANY.

TimBone
06-18-2015, 03:09 PM
I'm going to need all participants in this thread to report to my top tier poster thread.

kthxbye.
Are refreshments being made available in your thread?

KC native
06-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Are refreshments being made available in your thread?

It depends on how many hot dogs Bob Dole is willing to part with.

First come, first served.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Which is why in the OP I suggested to freakin' document infractions and punishments. It takes the guesswork out.

Just because it's not perfect and never will be perfect doesn't mean we should give up making it better.

I know you're invested because you're a mod, but man, really, just because this is how it's always been doesn't that's the way it has to stay.

And I too have donated to the cause in the past.

Sure :thumb:

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 03:12 PM

First come, first served.

I'm glad you got this term correct. When I see "first come, first serve" it drives me fucking nuts.

Predarat
And you know how many entries Bob Dole will make?

FREE ****ING HOT DOGS. THAT'S HOW MANY.

What kind? Those damn Jews know their hot dogs, anything else is not acceptable.

Fire Me Boy!
Sure :thumb:

I can't tell is this is serious or sarcasm. I'm hoping we found some common ground?

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 03:14 PM
I can't tell is this is serious or sarcasm. I'm hoping we found some common ground?

It is hilarious that you are entertaining the idea that something was resolved here.

Trivers
06-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Geeezz....tiz the silly season.

When does Training Camp start?

Bwana
06-18-2015, 03:16 PM
I didn't even know you were a Mod. THAT is a good Mod.

You know what, we didn't either!! :D

Red Beans
Geeezz....tiz the silly season.

When does Training Camp start?

Goddamn it man! This is serious fucking business!!!!!!! Ban Him!!!!!

Fire Me Boy!
It is hilarious that you are entertaining the idea that something was resolved here.

It's entirely possible that he understands I mean no ill will and only a better status quo. I have nothing personal against any of our mods.

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 03:17 PM
It's entirely possible that he understands I mean no ill will and only a better status quo. I have nothing personal against any of our mods.

Let me ask you one question...

Are you a robot?

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Let me ask you one question...

Are you a robot?

Why do you ask?

ModSocks
06-18-2015, 03:18 PM
This thread is like wiping your ass back to front and then making your wife suck your balls.

ChiTown
06-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Wait a second! People actually notice and pay attention to the moderators on this Board?

http://media.giphy.com/media/eHO86fSBQUNKU/giphy.gif

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Why do you ask?

Well you clearly have no sense of humor. In addition, the fact that you're viewing this whole matter with a degree of serious better suited for a scenario where you are purchasing auto insurance or filing circuit court documents tells me there's something lost on you.

However, you do like to cook.

I am perplexed.

ModSocks
06-18-2015, 03:21 PM
This thread is going to make the mods feel like they can't do their job. No more profiling posters, poster brutality, handing out bans to non violent posters....

It's gonna be straight up Baltimore in here!

Fight the Man! No More Bans!

Red Beans
06-18-2015, 03:22 PM
This thread is going to make the mods feel like they can't do their job. No more profiling posters, poster brutality, handing out bans to non violent posters....

Ssssshhhhhhhh! You're going to get us all in trouble!

ModSocks
06-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Ssssshhhhhhhh! You're going to get us all in trouble!

No. Fuck that. I will not go quietly into the night while the top 1% try to hold the rest of us down!

dirk digler
06-18-2015, 03:24 PM

It is not going to happen. I and several others went round and round with Austin a few months ago about making a list for racist words\comments and that discussion didn't go anywhere.

Regardless I don't have a problem with any of the mods I think they do this thankless job as best as possible and they seem to be all nice people.

ChiTown
06-18-2015, 03:26 PM
It is not going to happen. I and several others went round and round with Austin a few months ago about making a list for racist words\comments and that discussion didn't go anywhere.

Wait, what? You spent time making a list of racist words and comments? Holy shit

http://media.giphy.com/media/1PgPvWLfXGkCY/giphy.gif

ModSocks
06-18-2015, 03:27 PM
I don't even notice mods until they're abusing one of us in a thread. Who needs mods anyway?

Fight the power! Lets burn this bitch to the ground, that'll teach 'em!

eDave
06-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Wait, what? You spent time making a list of racist words and comments? Holy shit

http://media.giphy.com/media/1PgPvWLfXGkCY/giphy.gif

STFU honkey.

ChiTown
STFU honkey.

Reported

eDave
Tiger just teed off.

Bwana
06-18-2015, 03:29 PM

LMAO

Mav
06-18-2015, 03:30 PM
apparently, I am way late to the party.