PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Walter Football: 2015 Chiefs outlook and prediction

Bufkin
06-20-2015, 02:50 PM
TL : DR losing record

2015 NFL Season Preview:

Veteran Additions:
WR Jeremy Maclin, G Ben Grubbs, G Jeff Linkenbach, G Paul Fanaika, DT Vance Walker, ILB Joe Mays, CB Chris Owens, S Tyvon Branch.
Early Draft Picks:
CB Marcus Peters, C/G Mitch Morse, WR Chris Conley, CB Steve Nelson, ILB Ramik Wilson. Chiefs Rookie Forecast
Offseason Losses:
WR Dwayne Bowe, TE Anthony Fasano, C Rodney Hudson, DE/DT Vance Walker, DE/DT Kevin Vickerson, ILB Joe Mays, CB Chris Owens.

2015 Kansas City Chiefs Offense:
Everyone has heard the ridiculous stat by now: Alex Smith failed to throw a single touchdown pass to a receiver throughout the entire 2014 season. The Chiefs' scoring attack sputtered at times as a consequence, and the team scored 19 or fewer points in five of its final eight games. A promising 7-3 record quickly turned into 9-7 finish that left the franchise out of the playoffs.

Kansas City's front office had to do everything in its power to make sure this side of the football was much more productive. Of course, that could prove to be difficult considering how limited Alex Smith is. Smith does a great job of avoiding turnovers, but he's able to do that because he throws shorter, checkdown-type passes and seldom challenges opposing defenses downfield. Smith consequently won't ever be able to lead a team to a Super Bowl victory. Unfortunately for the Chiefs, they don't have a promising alternative.

Smith can, however, take a team to the playoffs if he has enough talent around him and a strong defense to keep the overall scoring down. Kansas City had a poor receiving corps last season, but was able to improve this area by signing Jeremy Maclin to a big contract. Maclin is a capable No. 1 receiver when he's on the field, but his health has been a big issue over the years. He wasn't banged up at all this past season, but he had played a full slate of games just once in his career prior to 2014. It's safe to say that Maclin will either miss time or play injured at some point in the near future.

If Maclin goes down, Kansas City will be in big trouble because Smith's only viable option, if the backfield is excluded, will be Travis Kelce. The third-year tight end caught 67 balls for 862 yards and five touchdowns in 2014 and should continue to improve. There's not much elsewhere, however, as Albert Wilson and third-round rookie Chris Conley will fight for the starting receiver job across from Maclin. Neither is expected to contribute much.

The most important player in the Chiefs' offense is Jamaal Charles. The dynamic running back had just 1,033 rushing yards in 2014, but still averaged five yards per carry and also caught 40 passes. He was hampered by multiple leg injuries this past season, and that was another reason why Kansas City struggled to score down the stretch. Knile Davis is a quality backup, but if Charles is limited again, the Chiefs won't be able to put up points consistently.

Speaking of Charles, he made the news this offseason by telling the media that he wanted the front office to upgrade the offensive line. The complete opposite occurred, however, as the team lost its best blocker when Rodney Hudson signed with the Raiders. Kansas City spent a second-round pick on Mitch Morse to take his place, but it's unclear how the Missouri product will perform. He'll be flanked by Ben Grubbs and Jeff Allen. The former was once considered a terrific guard, but he just turned 31 following a mediocre season. Allen, meanwhile, missed most of the 2014 campaign with an elbow injury.

It doesn't get any better on the outside. Left tackle Eric Fisher has not lived up to the expectations of a No. 1 overall choice. In fact, he has struggled, and there are now questions within the organization about whether he's tough enough to play in the NFL. Donald Stephenson, who was suspended last year for PEDs, is expected to start at right tackle. There aren't any other promising options, so it's easy to see why Charles was so desperate for his team to upgrade the front line.

2015 Kansas City Chiefs Defense:
The Chiefs had three major problems this past season. Two of them - the receiving corps and offensive line - were discussed already. The poor run defense was the third. Kansas City struggled mightily to stop the rush, surrendering more than 2,000 yards on the ground.

Injuries were the key culprit. Two prominent members of the stop unit barely played, as inside linebacker Derrick Johnson tore his Achilles in Week 1, while Eric Berry had to leave football because he was diagnosed with cancer. Berry obviously won't be available in 2015, while Johnson is unlikely to be at 100 percent, given that he turns 33 in November. Starting defensive end Mike DeVito also missed time with a torn Achilles of his own, and as a 31-year-old, he'll have trouble recovering as well.

Kansas City curiously failed to find sure-fire upgrades at all three positions. A fourth-round selection was used on inside linebacker Ramik Wilson, but he may not be able to start for a while. Then again, he may not have much difficulty leapfrogging either Josh Mauga or James-Michael Johnson, both of whom were major liabilities in run support this past season. Even if he's on one leg, Johnson can't possibly be worse than either player. Meanwhile, no one was added to the defensive line to help outstanding nose tackle Dontari Poe. He'll be starting next to the hobbled DeVito and pedestrian Allen Bailey.

Tyvon Branch was added to potentially help at safety, but like many of the other Kansas City defenders, he can't be relied upon to stay healthy; he has played in just five games the past two seasons, after all. If he can somehow manage to stay healthy, he would be an upgrade over either starting safety. Both Husain Abdullah and Ron Parker are just marginal players who also struggled to contain the rush (notice a theme here?)

While the Chiefs were absolutely atrocious in terms of defending ground attacks, and look like they'll continue to be so, they should at least excel in terms of getting after the quarterback and stopping the pass. There are a couple of reasons for this, and the primary one is the duo of Justin Houston and Tamba Hali. Both players are among the top rush linebackers in the NFL; in fact, Houston came just one sack short of breaking Michael Strahan's single-season record in 2014. Hali had a bit of a down year, but he still played very well.

Houston and Hali make things easier for a Kansas City secondary that figures to have a new starting cornerback in 2015. The front office spent its first-round selection on Marcus Peters, who slipped to No. 18 overall despite being a top-10 prospect because of character issues. However, Andy Reid investigated Peters thoroughly and determined that there wasn't much risk. Peters will likely start across from Sean Smith, a corner who was inconsistent in the past but just had an outstanding 2014 campaign.

2015 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule and Intangibles:
The Chiefs need to bring back the Arrowhead magic that existed prior to 2007. Since that year, Kansas City is a dreadful 26-39 as a host, though it was 5-3 in 2013 and 6-2 last year.

Andy Reid had poor special-teams units in Philadelphia after John Harbaugh left for Baltimore. That was not the case the past two years for the Chiefs, as they've combined for six return touchdowns. De'Anthony Thomas and Knile Davis both found the end zone in 2014, and the Chiefs outgained the opposition in both punt and kickoff returns.

Kicker Cairo Santos struggled early last year, going 2-of-4 during the first two weeks, but he finished 25-of-30 overall. He converted just one of two tries from beyond 50.

Pro Bowler Dustin Colquitt was 11th in net punting average in 2013 and moved up to eighth last season. He's a master at pinning the opposition inside the 20.

"The Chiefs had an easy schedule last year, but that's not the case in 2015. Three of the team's first four opponents made the playoffs last year (Broncos, Packers, Bengals), and the lone exception is Houston, which is pretty solid. After that, Kansas City has to battle the Steelers, Lions, Broncos (twice) and Ravens.

2015 Kansas City Chiefs Rookies:
Go here for the Chiefs Rookie Forecast, a page with predictions like which rookie will bust and which rookie will become a solid starter.

2015 Kansas City Chiefs Analysis: The Chiefs have a shot at the playoffs again, but a taxing, early-season schedule could doom them. They open with three road games against the Texans, Packers and Bengals, and the lone home contest is against Denver. If Kansas City survives that stretch with a 1-3 record or better, the team might be able to recover. However, an 0-4 start is definitely possible, and if that happens, the Chiefs once again won't be playing into January.

Projected record: 7-9, 3rd in division.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/offseason2015kc.php#yaOBmpfPkTl3Qz8q.99

KurtCobain
06-20-2015, 02:56 PM
0-4 is not fucking possible. Shut up

duncan_idaho
06-20-2015, 02:59 PM
0-4 is not fucking possible. Shut up

Sure it is.

Three road games against good teams and a home game against a team the Chiefs have been swept by each of the past several years.

KurtCobain
06-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Sure it is.

Three road games against good teams and a home game against a team the Chiefs have been swept by each of the past several years.

Three of those teams have taken significant steps back this offseason. I think going 3-1 is likely and 4-0 is a decent possibility. However going 4-0 doesn't mean shit. We'll still end up falling apart while I watch strung out on energy drinks eating raw spaghetti-os.

duncan_idaho
06-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Three of those teams have taken significant steps back this offseason. I think going 3-1 is likely and 4-0 is a decent possibility. However going 4-0 doesn't mean shit. We'll still end up falling apart while I watch strung out on energy drinks eating raw spaghetti-os.

Please identify which three you think have taken steps back and why. I look at those three teams and think all are quality squads who have playoff hopes entering this season.

Bob Dole
06-20-2015, 03:11 PM
When did Claynus start writing for Walter?

KurtCobain
06-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Please identify which three you think have taken steps back and why. I look at those three teams and think all are quality squads who have playoff hopes entering this season.

Packers can't get shit together on Saturday and their o has had losses this offseason. Manning is done, so the Broncos step back is not kicking him to the curb. And Andy Dalton has grown a year older, which his history tells us that he's regressed another year.

BWillie
06-20-2015, 03:20 PM
7-9 my ass.

The biggest reason the Chiefs will be more successful than most think in 2015 is because of TURNOVERS. Hear me out..

As you know, in 2013 the Chiefs were the talk of the NFL the first 9 games. They were forcing turnovers at an incredible rate (2nd in the NFL at end of 2013), which was not sustainable. This lead to an amazing start, and put a overachieving Chiefs team into a great position. In 2014, the Chiefs really didn't have as good of a season as they could have. Riddled with injuries and they didn't force turnovers like they did the year before. They were LAST in 2014 in turnovers forced. Even for a good team, forcing turnovers can be largely variance from year to year.

One can pretty confidently predict that the Chiefs will not be last in turnovers forced again in 2015, especially because they have an above average defense and they had showed a good propensity for ball hawking in 2013. Combine that with a healthy Hali and Houston, less injuries like DJ, better receiving corps, better secondary, etc. If this team can force just an average amount of turnovers, they will have a really, really good year.

Denver will be on the decline, lets take the division this year.

mdchiefsfan
06-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Walter has to be trolling. When I read the thread title, I knew what I was getting into by clicking the link.

LMAO

Rasputin
I predict the first four games the Chiefs could go 4-0, or 3-1,or could go 2-2, or possibly 1-3,or 0-4,or 2-1-1, or 2-0-2, or 1-1-2. I predict any of these record after the first four games so let's see if I'm right just going out on a limb for my bold predictions here.

Hammock Parties
Seems reasonable.

mdchiefsfan
06-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Walter's prediction?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/2404524/clubber-lang-pain-o-s.gif

eDave
06-20-2015, 03:36 PM
ROFL

We are not starting 0-4. Click bait.

King_Chief_Fan
06-20-2015, 03:40 PM
Hey was th written by sweet daddy?

BWillie
Seems reasonable.

What do you want to bet, that the Chiefs go closer to 10-6 than 7-9?

Hammock Parties
ROFL

We are not starting 0-4. Click bait.

We'll beat Houston.

I think 1-3 is a certainty.

BWillie
06-20-2015, 03:42 PM
We still get to play the Raiders twice, right?

King_Chief_Fan
06-20-2015, 03:42 PM
We'll beat Houston.

And u have been proven wrong more often than right

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 03:43 PM
And u have been proven wrong more often than right

Sorry.

Hydrae
06-20-2015, 03:47 PM

Sure read like one of his posts, didn't it?

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Sure read like one of his posts, didn't it?

Walter deals in reality. Which...hits some of you hard around here, sadly.

milkman
06-20-2015, 03:55 PM
I've argued all offseason about the O-Line with SNR and others, and the statement that it will be better.

No matter how anyone spins it, there is no way to know that it will be.

Kush could turn out to be every bit as bad at center as McGlynn was at guard, Fisher could prove to be a bust, and Allen and Stephenson could prove to be as bad as they've played in the past.

Now, it is also possible that Kush could turn out to be just a minor downgrade for Hudson, Fisher, with a full healthy offseason, could start to play up to his potential, while both Allen and Stephenson also begin to play to theirs.

We don't know.

This team, however, will win or lose because of that O-Line.

I firmly believe that Maclin is the perfect match for Alex Smith, and his presence will make the rest of the receiving corps better, including Chris Conley, who I believe will eventually prove to be the steal of this draft.

But that won't matter if the O-Line doesn't perform.

Depending on how they perform, this team could finish 3rd in the division, or they could win the division.

Warrior5
06-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Piss on Walter.

BlackOp
06-20-2015, 04:23 PM
KC had an easy schedule last year?....They played almost every top defense in the NFL and the two Superbowl participants.

Sandy Vagina
06-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Walter has not been right about predicting KC for years. He is basically Claynus with his own site.

When these two ass-clowns start predicting good things for the Chiefs, that is where concern is warranted.

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Walter has not been right about predicting KC for years. He is basically Claynus with his own site.

When these two ass-clowns start predicting good things for the Chiefs, that is where concern is warranted.

He predicted 7-9 last year. We finished 9-7. Pretty close, all things considered.

duncan_idaho
06-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Packers can't get shit together on Saturday and their o has had losses this offseason. Manning is done, so the Broncos step back is not kicking him to the curb. And Andy Dalton has grown a year older, which his history tells us that he's regressed another year.

You're looking at those teams with red-and-gold glasses.

What significant losses has the Packers O had?

They re-signed Bulauga and Cobb, their two biggest FA-eligible pieces. They lost a couple of corners on D, but nothing special (Williams and House signed for a combined $46 million in new contacts).

People have been saying Payton Manning is "done" for three years, and all he has done is put up 100+ QBR while remaining an elite QB and going 6-0 vs. the Chiefs. I'll believe he's done when we actually see him be done.

The Bengals were a playoff team last year despite their best player (AJ Green) missing three games. They added two high picks on the offensive line and probably will be better at that spot, and have the makings of a good ground game. They also didn't lose anyone significant in free agency (Taylor Mays doesn't count).

So that's a road game against a team good enough to be a playoff team last year, that would be more likely to improve than fall back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-20-2015, 04:56 PM
A perfectly reasonable assessment.

Though I don't buy 0-4.

Sandy Vagina
06-20-2015, 05:02 PM
KC had an easy schedule last year?....They played almost every top defense in the NFL and the two Superbowl participants.

KC had the 7th toughest strength of schedule last season.

Hydrae
06-20-2015, 05:04 PM
He predicted 7-9 last year. We finished 9-7. Pretty close, all things considered.

So we lost the middle of our defense and finished two games better than Walter predicted. If they had known the injuries we would have on defense they probably would have gone with 4-12. Nothing close here, when all things are actually considered.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-20-2015, 05:05 PM
His Alex Smith take?

Write it in stone.

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 05:11 PM
So we lost the middle of our defense and finished two games better than Walter predicted. If they had known the injuries we would have on defense they probably would have gone with 4-12. Nothing close here, when all things are actually considered.

No. Every team has injuries.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
06-20-2015, 05:14 PM

At least your OL still has a good cen...

Oh. :p

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 05:17 PM

Remember when we lost to them. ROFL

alpha_omega
06-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Veteran additions, Linkenbach and Owens....did I miss something?

milkman
06-20-2015, 06:19 PM

He also has Vance Walker and Joe Mays listed.

Real credibility.

alpha_omega
06-20-2015, 06:41 PM

Real credibility.

Ha, good call. Linkenbach and Owens jumped out at me and I immediately quit reading. It's even worse than I thought.

RedandGold
06-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I was going to read this, but I remembered that Walter Football's opinion doesn't mean shit.

Hoover
06-20-2015, 07:50 PM
7-9 my ass.

The biggest reason the Chiefs will be more successful than most think in 2015 is because of TURNOVERS. Hear me out..

As you know, in 2013 the Chiefs were the talk of the NFL the first 9 games. They were forcing turnovers at an incredible rate (2nd in the NFL at end of 2013), which was not sustainable. This lead to an amazing start, and put a overachieving Chiefs team into a great position. In 2014, the Chiefs really didn't have as good of a season as they could have. Riddled with injuries and they didn't force turnovers like they did the year before. They were LAST in 2014 in turnovers forced. Even for a good team, forcing turnovers can be largely variance from year to year.

One can pretty confidently predict that the Chiefs will not be last in turnovers forced again in 2015, especially because they have an above average defense and they had showed a good propensity for ball hawking in 2013. Combine that with a healthy Hali and Houston, less injuries like DJ, better receiving corps, better secondary, etc. If this team can force just an average amount of turnovers, they will have a really, really good year.

Denver will be on the decline, lets take the division this year.
This all day long.

Even if we are just middle of the pack in turnovers do you know what that means? What if Alex throws 10 TDs to wide receivers. Do you know the impact that all has?

I think the 2015 Chiefs will be one of the best teams we have fielded. This is a playoff team pure and simple. If you think otherwise you are either the "sports media" or one of the gloom and doomers who love to spend countless hours here bitching about their favorite teams.

Saccopoo
06-20-2015, 08:02 PM

We lost two starting offensive linemen (Allen, Stephenson) and replaced them with the two worst players at their positions in the league, two Pro-Bowl defenders (DJ, Berry), our starting defensive end (DeVito) and had the worst receiving group in the entire NFL. Also, our All-Pro RB suffered from leg injuries all season.

And we still went 9-7 and beat the two teams that were in the Super Bowl.

Fuck Walter. He's a fucking dumbass that has absolutely no clue about this team.

This team is a solid contender this season with a real chance to make a serious push into the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 08:11 PM
We lost two starting offensive linemen (Allen, Stephenson) and replaced them with the two worst players at their positions in the league

Allen and Stephenson are pretty bad, dude. It's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Saccopoo
06-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Allen and Stephenson are pretty bad, dude. It's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The thing is, they aren't. They aren't the second coming of Orlando Pace and Larry Allen, but they aren't Mike McGlynn and Ryan Harris either. They've played and started in this system and actually spent the 2013-14 off-season conditioning and training hard. They put in work and both have a very good skill set to utilize.

RG should be Allen's best position on the line and Stephenson was playing pretty well in the last quarter of 2013 at LT.

They are going to be okay this season. Maybe even pretty darn good.

LT: Fisher
LG: Grubbs
C: Kush
RG: Allen
RT: Stephenson

I like that line. A lot. Still concerned about Kush, but he's put in the time and should know the system. And he played well against San Diego starters who were playing for their post-season.

When everything is said and done, this will be the best OL the Chiefs have fielded since 2006. And it's certainly enough to get our prodigious weapons (Charles, Kelce, Maclin, Thomas) involved substantially more then they were last season.

This is going to be a pretty good Chiefs team.

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 08:28 PM
The thing is, they aren't.

ROFL

You actually believe this.

It's humorous.

Saccopoo
06-20-2015, 08:30 PM
ROFL

You actually believe this.

It's humorous.

I do.

I think that both have their best seasons as pros in 2015.

Hammock Parties
06-20-2015, 08:31 PM
I do.

I think that both have their best seasons as pros in 2015.

The Chiefs will give up 40+ sacks again.

Alex Smith holds the ball too long and these guys are not good.

ViperVisor
06-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Had some genius QBs Star Rankings last season preview.

CLE same 2 Star as KC
TAMPA 3 Star
SF with Kaep and Blaine 4 Star
CHI with Cutler and Clausen 4 Star
DET with Stafford 4 Star

kcchiefsus
06-21-2015, 01:04 AM
Walter is a fucking cunt, I really would love to punch him in his fucking face repeatedly.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2015, 07:48 AM
This is the same dumbass who rated the Chiefs as the worst draft in the NFL last year. It wasn't an all star draft, but the main thing he ragged on was drafting DAT. He also gave the Chiefs a C+ for the Peters pick. The guy has it out for the Chiefs.

Also, did Walter really say the Chiefs had an easy schedule in 2014? Did I really, really just read that? What the fuck is he smoking?

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2015, 07:54 AM
The Chiefs played 9 games against a team with a .500 record or above. 5 games against a team with 11 or more wins. And this douche nozzle says we had an easy schedule?

KCCHIEFS27
06-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Remember when he said the Chiefs would go 10-6 and win a playoff game a few years ago? That was reality..

Eleazar
06-21-2015, 08:20 AM
who's Walter?

ModSocks
06-21-2015, 09:22 AM
The guy doesn't even know who the Chiefs signed....and we're suppose to give a shit about his opinion?

It's been at least 5 years since i gave a shit about Walterfootball. That site gets more worthless by the year.

Warrior5
06-21-2015, 09:42 AM
This all day long.

Even if we are just middle of the pack in turnovers do you know what that means? What if Alex throws 10 TDs to wide receivers. Do you know the impact that all has?

I think the 2015 Chiefs will be one of the best teams we have fielded. This is a playoff team pure and simple. If you think otherwise you are either the "sports media" or one of the gloom and doomers who love to spend countless hours here bitching about their favorite teams.

This post doesn't suck.

J Diddy
06-21-2015, 10:02 AM
This post doesn't suck.

That in itself is odd seeing as it came from a dude named Hoover.

J Diddy
06-21-2015, 10:03 AM
who's Walter?

Grumpy old dude in the Jeff Dunham act.

pugsnotdrugs19
06-21-2015, 10:24 AM
I will forever be baffled by how one can project this team to go 7-9 or worse when they've won 11 & 9 games the past two years and have almost assuredly made major improvements this offseason. And he really called Allen Bailey... Pedestrian?

Walter is such a jackass.

Mr. Laz
06-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Walter's hates the Chiefs, has for a long time.

splatbass
06-21-2015, 10:58 AM

That is exactly what I thought when I read it. :thumb:

keg in kc
06-21-2015, 11:27 AM
These days Walter makes PFT look knowledgeable.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2015, 11:34 AM
I will forever be baffled by how one can project this team to go 7-9 or worse when they've won 11 & 9 games the past two years and have almost assuredly made major improvements this offseason. And he really called Allen Bailey... Pedestrian?

Because the dumbass made the ridiculous claim that the Chiefs had an easy schedule in 2014.

Warrior5
06-21-2015, 11:37 AM
That in itself is odd seeing as it came from a dude named Hoover.

'zactly.

splatbass
06-21-2015, 11:37 AM
At least your OL still has a good cen...

Oh. :p

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u279/splatbass/Oakland-Raiders-Knife1%20copy_zps386noane.jpg

TEX
06-21-2015, 12:26 PM

Exactly what I was thinking...

saphojunkie
06-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Why do you people read that shit

notorious
06-21-2015, 12:49 PM
The Chiefs got fucked the first 11 weeks of the schedule.

If they come out of it above .500 they will easily be playoff-bound. The pessimist in me doesn't think it's going to happen.

BossChief
06-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Ignorant article

BossChief
06-21-2015, 12:53 PM
This defense is gonna shut down almost every offense it faces that doesn't have an elite running game.

MMXcalibur
06-21-2015, 12:55 PM
I knew exactly what the preview was going to say before I entered the topic because of two words: "Walter Football".

Hammock Parties
06-21-2015, 01:41 PM
This defense is gonna shut down almost every offense it faces that doesn't have an elite running game.

LMAO

We have one pass rusher, one who is about to die, and uh...well...shit.

Easy 6
06-21-2015, 02:08 PM

He's been their Chiefs beatwriter since day 1.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-21-2015, 02:11 PM
The talent is there, but Reid/Smith negate much of it.

"Oh".../#Plinkett

Hammock Parties
06-21-2015, 02:17 PM
He's been their Chiefs beatwriter since day 1.

:LOL:

Easy 6
06-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Still concerned about Kush, but he's put in the time and should know the system. And he played well against San Diego starters who were playing for their post-season.

Your points are exactly why I'm not very worried about Kush.

He was in essence playing playoff football against them and looked damn good doing it, I remember that game well and he looked like a legit bulldozer with quick feet more times than I can remember.

Routinely driving guys clean off the ball as well as making second level blocks, he looked like a hoss, everyone else was seeing it too in the game thread... and their D line isn't a joke with guys like Liuget around.

notorious
06-21-2015, 02:20 PM
2004 all over again.

RunKC
06-21-2015, 02:26 PM

I think a lot of it depends on Dee Ford's progression, but we have a top 5 defense.

It's gonna be a fun year.

milkman
06-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Your points are exactly why I'm not very worried about Kush.

He was in essence playing playoff football against them and looked damn good doing it, I remember that game well and he looked like a legit bulldozer with quick feet more times than I can remember.

Routinely driving guys clean off the ball as well as making second level blocks, he looked like a hoss, everyone else was seeing it too in the game thread... and their D line isn't a joke with guys like Liuget around.

We had two other back up O-Lineman that played in that '13 game, and one of them was certain to be our starting right guard, according to the CP brain trust.

Where are they now?

Easy 6
06-21-2015, 02:58 PM
We had two other back up O-Lineman that played in that '13 game, and one of them was certain to be our starting right guard, according to the CP brain trust.

Where are they now?

Was it Henry maybe, or that other guy that's no longer even here?

I honestly don't remember because I wasn't noticing what they were doing as much as Kush... I know you're leary of leaning on too much hope/expected growth, but it wasn't those other guys who were standing out to me that game as much as Kush.

He was being mentioned by the announcers, seemingly everyone in the game thread was yapping about it, and most importantly... I was seeing it with my own eyes.

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2015, 03:21 PM
A 7-9 season would be just fine with me as long as they see what they have with Murray even though I don't believe he'l pan out at all... Beyond that, 7-9 is just as worthwhile as going 9-7 or 10-6, maybe backing into a WC spot only to get bounced by Baltimore/Pittsburgh or Indianapolis (.. yet again).

Problem is 7-9 or 10-6, I know Murray won't play a down, there will be yet another season without a championship (let alone a playoff win) and 9 months from now the same posters are going to be saying the exact same things then as to why the Chiefs didn't succeed as they're saying now.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-21-2015, 05:14 PM
has walter ever said anything nice about the Chiefs. First I thought he had some weird beef with Pioli but I guess not, he just hates the chiefs.

notorious
06-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Walter football has not like the Chiefs for a long time, yet the Chiefs have sucked for a long time.

Coincidence or truth?

When the Chiefs start going deep in the playoffs I might get upset with articles like this.

MotherfuckerJones
06-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Walter hates KC. He's always knocked us. 7-9 is almost impossible for this team unless everyone gets hurt like '11. This team is too talented to go 7-9.

Wallcrawler
06-21-2015, 06:13 PM
We have the players/personnel to be a fearsome smashmouth football team.

Unfortunately, we have a Coach/Playcaller that wants to throw the football 40 times a game.

Our defense is going to be insane. With the return of DeVito and Johnson, Houston, Hali, Ford with a season under his belt and the additions in the secondary, we're going to be able to get quarterbacks to the sideline.

Unless Alex Smith breaks out of the cocoon that he has been in his entire career, and completely morphs into a completely different quarterback, this offense isn't really going to do anything.

Reid scoffs at our backfield. Hes never run the football consistently no matter how many superstars he's had in his backfield, nor the number of points he was ahead late in football games.

Up 28 in the third quarter at Indy in the playoffs. Still airing it out. Makes sense.

Our O-line is unproven, and our QB is a safe throw or sack kinda guy. Our head coach continues to call passes despite having a sieve for a front line. He got Smith beaten up so badly that he lacerated his spleen, and continued to call passes.

There's not a lot of learning going on here from Reid. He is who he is, and too set in his ways to change now.

He's going to run his scheme, personell be damned. Maybe we will get lucky and it wont require Alex to throw past 10 yards. That defense will have to be on par with the 2000 Ravens, carrying Trent Dilfer's worthless ass to a title.

They had a 2k rusher in Jamal Lewis though. Billick swallowed his "offensive guru" pride and ran the football. I don't see Reid doing that.

Saccopoo
06-21-2015, 06:19 PM
We have the players/personnel to be a fearsome smashmouth football team.

Unfortunately, we have a Coach/Playcaller that wants to throw the football 40 times a game.

Our defense is going to be insane. With the return of DeVito and Johnson, Houston, Hali, Ford with a season under his belt and the additions in the secondary, we're going to be able to get quarterbacks to the sideline.

Unless Alex Smith breaks out of the cocoon that he has been in his entire career, and completely morphs into a completely different quarterback, this offense isn't really going to do anything.

Reid scoffs at our backfield. Hes never run the football consistently no matter how many superstars he's had in his backfield, nor the number of points he was ahead late in football games.

Up 28 in the third quarter at Indy in the playoffs. Still airing it out. Makes sense.

Our O-line is unproven, and our QB is a safe throw or sack kinda guy. Our head coach continues to call passes despite having a sieve for a front line. He got Smith beaten up so badly that he lacerated his spleen, and continued to call passes.

There's not a lot of learning going on here from Reid. He is who he is, and too set in his ways to change now.

He's going to run his scheme, personell be damned. Maybe we will get lucky and it wont require Alex to throw past 10 yards. That defense will have to be on par with the 2000 Ravens, carrying Trent Dilfer's worthless ass to a title.

They had a 2k rusher in Jamal Lewis though. Billick swallowed his "offensive guru" pride and ran the football. I don't see Reid doing that.

Offensive line is not unproven. You get two starters back (Stephenson and Allen), Fisher is a two year starter that finally had a healthy off-season and add a Pro-Bowl offensive guard that was playing in a similar system. Kush is an unknown, but he's been here, knows the system and the guy is completely yoked up and strong like bull.

Smith finally has wide receivers that can actually run a route on timing.

You've got the best FB in the NFL in Sherman, arguably the best RB in Charles, one of the top TE's in Kelce, one of the best receivers in Maclin.

This offense is going to kick the shit out of people.

milkman
06-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Offensive line is not unproven. You get two starters back (Stephenson and Allen), Fisher is a two year starter that finally had a healthy off-season and add a Pro-Bowl offensive guard that was playing in a similar system. Kush is an unknown, but he's been here, knows the system and the guy is completely yoked up and strong like bull.

Smith finally has wide receivers that can actually run a route on timing.

You've got the best FB in the NFL in Sherman, arguably the best RB in Charles, one of the top TE's in Kelce, one of the best receivers in Maclin.

This offense is going to kick the shit out of people.

Holy shit!

LMAO

Hammock Parties
06-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Allen is a starter.

So were Mike Goff, Andy Alleman and Ndickwe.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-21-2015, 06:39 PM
Holy shit!

LMAO

If he's off the "making line excuses"-train, more power to him.

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Offensive line is not unproven ... This offense is going to kick the shit out of people.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kRmc9IPGmiA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC
06-21-2015, 07:08 PM
A couple weeks ago Walt mocked us a DL round 1 bc there will be a hole and Dontari Poe and ALVIN Bailey wouldn't be enough.

That's all you need to know about Walt

Smed1065
06-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Your reality?
Walter deals in reality. Which...hits some of you hard around here, sadly.

Real credibility.

BWillie
06-21-2015, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I mean surely we are going to be worse this year. How are we going to replace Dwayne Bowes 0 TDs and Fasanos 200 yards. We are doomed.

Stryker
06-22-2015, 09:47 AM
Article was very well said and the truth hurts.

Reerun_KC
06-22-2015, 10:01 AM
It will sure be nice to see Reid improve that 4-10 record after Nov 15th...

Its not how Big Andy starts, its how he finishes...

RunKC
06-22-2015, 10:22 AM
"The Chiefs had an easy schedule last year, but that 's not the case in 2015."

Last season the Chiefs had the 7th hardest strength of schedule in the NFL based on their opponents win %.

Walt is worse than Nick Athan, and I didn't think that was possible.

notorious
06-22-2015, 11:10 AM
It will sure be nice to see Reid improve that 4-10 record after Nov 15th...

Its not how Big Andy starts, its how he finishes...

He needs to finish the season like he finishes a buffet.

threebag
06-22-2015, 11:13 AM
The food goes on forever and the buffet never ends

Beef Supreme
06-22-2015, 03:46 PM
So Joe Mays made the Veteran Additions list and the Offseason Losses list.

BWillie
06-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Last season the Chiefs had the 7th hardest strength of schedule in the NFL based on their opponents win %.

Walt is worse than Nick Athan, and I didn't think that was possible.

Trying to say a schedule is easy or not in the NFL is almost pointless. Each year, there is soo many teams that people think will be good that end up bad, and vice versa. It's a stupid exercise.

OnTheWarpath15
06-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Trying to say a schedule is easy or not in the NFL is almost pointless. Each year, there is soo many teams that people think will be good that end up bad, and vice versa. It's a stupid exercise.

Exactly.

Hell, when you play a team makes a huge difference.

People like to crow about beating the Patriots and Seahawks, but if those games had come late in the year when they were both playing their A games - we're not winning.

The ebb and flow of a 17 week football schedule is really actually fascinating to watch.

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2015, 10:08 AM

But it's just lazy journalism when Walter hints that the Chiefs had an easy schedule when they didn't. I agree you can't predict the 2015 strength of schedule but can judge 2014.

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2015, 10:10 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25222622/finding-the-fits-morse-code-for-starting-center-in-kansas-city
Here is a better draft evaluation. A little rosy but at least the guy did his homework on the chiefs.

Rausch
06-23-2015, 10:28 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25222622/finding-the-fits-morse-code-for-starting-center-in-kansas-city
Here is a better draft evaluation. A little rosy but at least the guy did his homework on the chiefs.

I'm not as high on Morse as many are but this is the best draft we've had in a number of years. I liked the picks, I like that we addressed needs without reaching (until later and by then meh,) and I really liked us double dipping at CB and ILB. On top of that our first 3 (perhaps more) picks should be contributing immediately.

Will they all work out?

No, but I think we made the most of our picks...

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm not as high on Morse as many are but this is the best draft we've had in a number of years. I liked the picks, I like that we addressed needs without reaching (until later and by then meh,) and I really liked us double dipping at CB and ILB. On top of that our first 3 (perhaps more) picks should be contributing immediately.

Will they all work out?

No, but I think we made the most of our picks...

I'm not as excited about Morse either but it was interesting to hear that his stock was pretty high with other teams. For me, I feel like Dorsey did really well early in this draft. Did really well late in last year's draft. If only he could put those two things together in the same year. I love a lot of our early picks but thought we duffed it a hit after the third round.

staylor26
06-23-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm not as excited about Morse either but it was interesting to hear that his stock was pretty high with other teams. For me, I feel like Dorsey did really well early in this draft. Did really well late in last year's draft. If only he could put those two things together in the same year. I love a lot of our early picks but thought we duffed it a hit after the third round.

Ford and Gaines were fantastic picks last year.

Wilson, O'Shaughnessy, Alexander and Nunez-Roches were very solid picks this year.

Dorsey is one of the best in the business and will prove it with time.

duncan_idaho
06-23-2015, 10:57 AM
If the plan is to play Mitch Morse at Center, that could be an adventure. He was a disaster in there in 2012 for Missouri and couldn't snap with any consistency.

He also really struggled completing good snaps and then getting to his block.
I'm sure he's stronger and has better blocking technique after two more seasons of reps and weight work.

But it still will be interesting, and he's likely to need some development rather than being a Year 1 impact guy.

Rausch
06-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Wilson, O'Shaughnessy, Alexander and Nunez-Roches were very solid picks this year.

Honestly I don't mind combine warriors or numbers guys late in a draft. That's when most your picks won't work out anyway and you might as well take a risk. Pick a small school guy.

Even the picks I disagreed with it wasn't hard to say "Ok, I can see what you were thinking there."

And for once I thought we finally had a 1st round pick with greater value and talent than where he was drafted. For once we didn't reach - we got a steal.

O.city
06-23-2015, 11:05 AM
If the plan is to play Mitch Morse at Center, that could be an adventure. He was a disaster in there in 2012 for Missouri and couldn't snap with any consistency.

I'm sure he's stronger and has better blocking technique after two more seasons of reps and weight work.

But it still will be interesting, and he's likely to need some development rather than being a Year 1 impact guy.
Can he start day 1 at rg?

chiefzilla1501
06-23-2015, 11:07 AM

I'd honestly be shocked if he was the day 1 starter. If he is, it's more a knock on kush than it is an endorsement for Morse.

ViperVisor
06-23-2015, 11:08 AM
2015 Fantasy Football Outlook: Kansas City Chiefs
http://thefakefootball.com/2015-fantasy-football-outlook-kansas-city-chiefs/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Rausch
06-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Could fisher start at T?

I'd bet he will somewhere because they're so high on him...

duncan_idaho
06-23-2015, 11:28 AM

Can he? Yeah. Anyone can start.

Whether he can play at the level you want is another question.

He looked overmatched trying to play the physical game in 2012 as a redshirt sophomore. I'm sure he's gotten stronger than then, but he was a much better fit at T, where his athleticism played up.

My concern with him at RG would be less than at center, though. His snaps were a huge problem at Mizzou in 2012 ... And they were all over the place... High, low, off target, etc.

O.city
06-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Can he? Yeah. Anyone can start.

Whether he can play at the level you want is another question.

He looked overmatched trying to play the physical game in 2012 as a redshirt sophomore. I'm sure he's gotten stronger than then, but he was a much better fit at T, where his athleticism played up.

My concern with him at RG would be less than at center, though. His snaps were a huge problem at Mizzou in 2012 ... And they were all over the place... High, low, off target, etc.

I just assumed they took him to play RG with his athleticism and what they ask their guards to do

duncan_idaho
06-23-2015, 11:42 AM
I just assumed they took him to play RG with his athleticism and what they ask their guards to do

That makes a lot more sense to me.

He got put on skates a lot the last time he played inside, but I think it's possible the bigger factor there was him worrying about making good snaps.

Just a question of whether he has added enough strength to wrestle with NFL DTs all game.

O.city
06-23-2015, 11:44 AM
That makes a lot more sense to me.

He got put on skates a lot the last time he played inside, but I think it's possible the bigger factor there was him worrying about making good snaps.

Just a question of whether he has added enough strength to wrestle with NFL DTs all game.

I don't think he'll ever be confused as a man blocking guard, but his athleticism in the screen game and zbs should translate well I'd think

Ming the Merciless
10-11-2015, 08:59 PM
We'll beat Houston.

r u wizard?

Ming the Merciless
10-11-2015, 09:01 PM
This team is a solid contender this season with a real chance to make a serious push into the playoffs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AL0CMbSsUNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Strongside
10-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Guys, stop. Clay's head gets any bigger and he won't be able to leave his house...

notorious
10-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Walter football has not like the Chiefs for a long time, yet the Chiefs have sucked for a long time.

Coincidence or truth?

When the Chiefs start going deep in the playoffs I might get upset with articles like this.

Damn fucking straight.

Discuss Thrower
10-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Walter was more or less spot on with his predictions.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2015, 09:14 PM
r u wizard?

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_masi2isWxE1rg81nfo1_500.gif

Hammock Parties
10-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Seems reasonable.

Very.

The Chiefs will give up 40+ sacks again.

Alex Smith holds the ball too long and these guys are not good.

Also reasonable.